Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 7/6/2017 at 10:16 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I will cut Janelle a break on the tomato selection.  When you grow your own, you make do with what is ripe that day.  Chopped, sliced, eaten whole or whatever, there is nothing like fresh warm 'mater out of the garden. 

That being said, who knows what she did to her little tomato crop after she took that picture.  I just hope she didn't drown it in that yucky bottled ranch dressing she seems so fond of!  She might as well eat a cheeseburger if that is the plan. 

Call me a food snob, but you don't mess with caprese salad. Lord knows what her version is. Tomatoes, fresh mozz, fresh basil, olive oil and coursely ground salt. 

My own tomato crop didn't get pollinated in Vegas, so no fruit. I've moved back to AZ where there are lots of bees so hopefully next time! 

• Love 1
On 7/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, Natalie68 said:

Ok, I have been tempted to download this book so many times but have stopped myself cause I am not keen on supporting them but I can't help being intrigued.  I know it isn't any sort of literary masterpiece but is it worth it?  Even a little?

I think the 'why' is they are all fucking lazy.

You can buy a used copy on Amazon or elsewhere. Any funds you spend will only go to the immediate vendor.

• Love 4

That's what they call strength training, huh? I challenge anyone to watch the entire thing (without fast forwarding and without taking any breaks) and not die of boredom before it's over. So much standing around and talking! You'd think they'd practice their shit a little bit before actually doing it for an audience so that they'd know what they want to say/communicate and they can get right into the meat of it. Who's got time to waste by listening to them yammer on and not get right into doing the exercises?

On another note, getting such an unobstructed view of Janelle gives me the impression she has managed to actually lose some weight. Not a lot, mind you, but she doesn't seem to be two chairs wide anymore.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

On another note, getting such an unobstructed view of Janelle gives me the impression she has managed to actually lose some weight. Not a lot, mind you, but she doesn't seem to be two chairs wide anymore.

You have a way with words!!  Thanks for the laugh and the visual.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MrSmith said:

That's what they call strength training, huh? I challenge anyone to watch the entire thing (without fast forwarding and without taking any breaks) and not die of boredom before it's over. So much standing around and talking! You'd think they'd practice their shit a little bit before actually doing it for an audience so that they'd know what they want to say/communicate and they can get right into the meat of it. Who's got time to waste by listening to them yammer on and not get right into doing the exercises?

The trainer seems like a nice enough guy but erring WAY on the side of caution. Probably at Janelle's behest. 

All I can say is that if she's having problems doing more than 12 reps of video curls using 2 pound weights...Yikes.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I made it about 7 seconds.  I couldn't hear what they were saying.  

I want my 7 seconds back.

So glad someone else mentioned this. I turned my volume way up and still couldn't make out a damn thing. That doesn't help a person not be bored watching Janelle and her trainer-friend stand around jawing and occasionally moving a 20 ounce water bottle up and down.

• Love 2
On 7/18/2017 at 2:21 PM, suomi said:

I laughed when I saw the promo screen on my Kindle today, touting a book called Watch Me Disappear by (another woman named) Janelle Brown.

It keeps popping up on Goodreads for me.  Someone needs to buy that book and ship it to Janelle, ASAP.

• Love 3
On 7/19/2017 at 1:51 AM, DakotaJustice said:

The trainer seems like a nice enough guy but erring WAY on the side of caution. Probably at Janelle's behest. 

All I can say is that if she's having problems doing more than 12 reps of video curls using 2 pound weights...Yikes.

I do not think Janelle has anything to do with the trainer being cautious. There is a reason why fitness people on youtube do not focus on people who are 100+ lbs overweight. Someone Janelle size NEEDS a doctor and a personal trainer EVERY step of the way to ensure they don't hurt themselves.

Janelle wrote that walking left her feeling winded. Now, add exercise, even yoga, to the mix. That is a lot of weight/movement on the joints especially if the person is a beginner. Any wrong position, anything wrong could damage the joints. Janelle has a fitness coach in her home to watch her if she is doing something wrong and could correct her ASAP. Does Janelle's viewers have the same?

With people willing to sue for every little issue, I could understand why the trainer wants to be extremely cautious. I didn't bother to watch the video. I had caught bits and pieces of it when it was live. I hope the trainer did a disclaimer before, during, and after the exercises.

• Love 3

I thought she was supposed to DO the motivating

Since when do any of the Browns do the heavy lifting.  They expect their adoring fans to do whatever it takes to make the Brown Clowns happy, healthy and wealthy. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I thought she was supposed to DO the motivating

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanelleBrown117/status/894576674825568257

1. She is confusing laziness for intimidation. Which brings me to the second point.

2. She stopped exercising for 3 weeks due to a hip injury but just did yoga and travel? Does she even believes her own lies? Hip injury but did yoga...HIP INJURY but did YOGA....at her size...She did yoga...while dealing with a hip injury. Yeah right. She probably stopped exercising due to shear laziness and now have to mentally push herself to go to the gym all over again. Rather than tell her followers the truth, she comes up with lies about being intimidated.

As for the hip injury, I wonder if she got that injury from exercising. If so, that should tell her what she is doing (trying to be a fitness/health and wellness guru for people who are her size) is EXTREMELY foolish. If she had injured herself during one of her exercising session, what does she think will happen if one of her followers get hurt following her advice or video? Hide behind that little disclaimer she posted on her site?

Does this mean they have another season?

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

To be fair... you can do yoga with a hip injury if you take adaptive yoga.  I have a broken foot and there are all sorts in the class I'm in.

But for some reason I don't see her doing adaptive yoga.

I know she could do adaptive Yoga but this is a woman who confessed to being out of breathe just climbing a few stairs. She had a video claiming to be overwhelmed by it all. She's on twitter claiming to be intimidated by going to a gym for maybe the 3rd or 4th time already. She's asking for motivation rather than motivating her followers.

Based on her past communications (tweets, blog posts, videos) of her griping about one thing or another, I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe she did any type of yoga while dealing with a hip injury. Plus she is a complete beginner at exercising and it isn't like she is just 20 or 30 lbs overweight. Any good fitness coach would advise her to rest and mend before starting up again to prevent Janelle from accidentally putting too much pressure on other joints.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I must have missed the hip injury. When, and how did it happen?

In a twitter video she posted. She speaks about having a hip injury so she did yoga and travel. She also gripe (yet again) about going to the gym and being intimidated. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Rainflower said:

In a twitter video she posted. She speaks about having a hip injury so she did yoga and travel. She also gripe (yet again) about going to the gym and being intimidated. 

Janelle is afraid of her own shadow.  She is intimidated by the gym, she gets overwhelmed if she needs to spray paint corn cans, she can't decide if she wants to buy a flower wreath for her door,she freaks and hides to avoid a conference call and on and on.  

She needs a job where she can sit in an office and crunch numbers all day like she had in Utah.  

Just stick a fork in the strive thing, Janelle.  It's done.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Unless I just don't see it, there hasn't been a new blog post in quite some time.

She doesn't date her blog posts so I have no idea when the "HOW TO GET MOTIVATED – TIPS SHARED BY YOU!" was written. Was checking out that smoothie recipe for someone when I spotted the chat box on her homepage and the motivation post.

• Love 1

I think it's buttons. If you zoom in you can see a placket going all the way down the dress. 

I do think part of what's making her look good is the placement of the champagne glasses Logan and Michelle are holding. They're giving a pretty good illusion of a waist that I'm not convinced is accurate. She does look good, though. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

I do think part of what's making her look good is the placement of the champagne glasses Logan and Michelle are holding. They're giving a pretty good illusion of a waist that I'm not convinced is accurate. She does look good, though. 

I need to remember this trick.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

I think it's buttons. If you zoom in you can see a placket going all the way down the dress. 

lolol

I did a double take when I first saw the photo because I thought she looked like she was wearing a corset type "cinch" to get that look.  Upon closer inspection (I adjusted my glasses) I saw that the champagne flutes were giving that curved illusion. 

• Love 2