Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It seems she has something like 25 full and half siblings.

I would imagine in families that large, especially if they live in different houses, that you only get close to a couple. I bet a lot of them don't see each other enough to remember names. 

I have 27 cousins but don't see a number of them often so, while I know their names, I couldn't pick many of them from a lineup. I think the last time we were all together in one place way my grandparent's 50th anniversary in about 1960 and then most of us were just kids except the older ones in their teens.

Even if Meri's 25 siblings got together, the madhouse alone would preclude getting to know many of them very well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I remember one sister that looked a lot like Snowflake.  She was making food for the "(non)commitment ceremony.  IIRC, her name was Debbie.

I can see why Meri apparently doesn't have a lot to do with her other half-and-full siblings, if that's the case.  She puts the U in unpleasant.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember one sister that looked a lot like Snowflake.  She was making food for the "(non)commitment ceremony.  IIRC, her name was Debbie.

I can see why Meri apparently doesn't have a lot to do with her other half-and-full siblings, if that's the case.  She puts the U in unpleasant.

25 siblings all clamoring for paternal attention and affection may explain (not excuse) Meri's thirst for power and her abhorrent treatment of Janelle and Christine in the early years.  As first wife, for the first time in her life she reveled in her position of power and control when she finally had status and expected homage from the others.  

She may not initially thought of Robyn as someone capable of usurping her, she was after all, a divorcee with 3 dependent kids and a ton of debt, so in gratitude she may have expected Robyn to assume position in the pecking order and at the same time, be an ally and friend for herself.

She underestimated Robyn's equal drive to be in control and now that she is dethroned, has diverted her attention to her LLR and BnB businesses in an attempt to prove that she can command  respect in these fields.  This would also explain why she is so prickly about any criticism that comes her way in these endeavors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I would imagine in families that large, especially if they live in different houses, that you only get close to a couple. I bet a lot of them don't see each other enough to remember names. 

I have 27 cousins but don't see a number of them often so, while I know their names, I couldn't pick many of them from a lineup. I think the last time we were all together in one place way my grandparent's 50th anniversary in about 1960 and then most of us were just kids except the older ones in their teens.

Even if Meri's 25 siblings got together, the madhouse alone would preclude getting to know many of them very well.

Iirc, Meri's dad had 5? wives.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, outtahere said:

Sandy W.

You are wise.

Thank You Outtahere, I can't take credit here though. If there is wisdom, it's the collective wisdom of the commenters here, many of us recognize traits in Meri, similar to people we have known in real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri's thirst for power and her abhorrent treatment of Janelle and Christine in the early years.  As first wife, for the first time in her life she reveled in her position of power and control when she finally had status and expected homage from the others.  

She may not initially thought of Robyn as someone capable of usurping her, she was after all, a divorcee with 3 dependent kids and a ton of debt, so in gratitude she may have expected Robyn to assume position in the pecking order and at the same time, be an ally and friend for herself.

She underestimated Robyn's equal drive to be in control and now that she is dethroned, has diverted her attention to her LLR and BnB businesses in an attempt to prove that she can command  respect in these fields.  This would also explain why she is so prickly about any criticism that comes her way in these endeavors.

Excellent post @Sandy W ❤️
And to think that Meri with all her daily affirmation posts has conveniently missed the one that describes her best! 

F5E1558F-13F5-484B-9444-8684A4EB5F7E.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

25 siblings all clamoring for paternal attention and affection may explain (not excuse) Meri's thirst for power and her abhorrent treatment of Janelle and Christine in the early years.  As first wife, for the first time in her life she reveled in her position of power and control when she finally had status and expected homage from the others.  

Meri definitely underestimated Robyn — first of all, she should have been wary of Robyn’s attractiveness. At the time, Robyn was slender, adventurous and quite pretty. Meri, on the other hand, could be described as plain oatmeal — does the job, but not something to be enjoyed. Robyn was a shiny ornament in a sea of blandness. Meri should have seen this coming. 

I agree, following dethronement, she’s transferred her thirst for power to these businesses of hers and clearly she was angry when Christine got attention and a segment for her cooking. We see how Meri treats her customers and fans and this is how she likely handled the other wives—bullishly. 

Meri fails to understand that women can command respect without acting like a c**t. 

7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Excellent post @Sandy W ❤️
And to think that Meri with all her daily affirmation posts has conveniently missed the one that describes her best! 

F5E1558F-13F5-484B-9444-8684A4EB5F7E.jpeg

You mean when she told Kody she wanted plural marriage but actually didn’t?

Edited by TurtlePower
Content removal
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

You mean when she told Kody she wanted plural marriage but actually didn’t?

Yes and also how Robyn was a sneaky little secret between Kody and Meri… and how Janelle and Christine were kept out of the loop.

Meri was struggling in her relationship with Kody so she decided to gift him a hot young woman that they could discuss and giggle about between the two of them… of course their relationship improves because she’s going to help him get what he wants.

Meri shot herself in the foot and her plan has backfired but like every other mistake she’s made she’ll never admit it.

177717BD-E96F-476C-A4DF-B26A8B93C520.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes and also how Robyn was a sneaky little secret between Kody and Meri… and how Janelle and Christine were kept out of the loop.

Meri was struggling in her relationship with Kody so she decided to gift him a hot young woman that they could discuss and giggle about between the two of them… of course their relationship improves because she’s going to help him get what he wants.

Meri shot herself in the foot and her plan has backfired but like every other mistake she’s made she’ll never admit it.

177717BD-E96F-476C-A4DF-B26A8B93C520.jpeg

This passage speaks to so many problems in all of their relationships.  

I think that what bothers me the most is that the women appear to have a bit of self-loathing.  They have used polygamy to feel accepted and to redirect their anger to nonbelievers that don't see the beauty in giving up:  a full time partner, the legal financial benefits of marriage, and a focus on their personal value rather than value having kids. 

Instead, they create a thunder dome where there is mistrust and a fight for Kody attention scraps.  There are winners and losers, but the prizes just aren't worth having.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Fantastic post!

I remember from one of her parts of their book: she said she was a wallflower, and nobody noticed her until she and Kody started dating...that people thought she was new to the church when it's the church she's attended her entire life! 
   If that is at all true, because I am aware of how they ALL rewrite history multiple times, and can lie like bad toupees (and Meri is always The Victim), then that is unbelievably sad and must have really hurt her self esteem. She must have felt so invisible. I can imagine that, combined with her family crap, fed her thirst for power and control. You WILL notice her! Once she's the top dog, she'll treat you however she wants because she's paying back anyone who ever overlooked her. (This to me explains a lot of her holding the Brown family hostage while she dithers at length over decisions.)

Yup, she vastly underestimated Robyn, and Kody, too. Iirc, he said he was initially turned off by Robyn because she was divorced and already had kids, and a ton of debt, so should have known her place as damaged goods, and been grateful for the bottom of the hierarchy and also been grateful to Meri for "saving" her.

That whole part of the book, when they described pursuing Robyn, and keeping it a "sweet secret" between only Meri and Kody, read to me like a husband and wife fishing for a third for some kinky fun. They should have just had wild sexy times and skipped the marrying!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Fantastic post!

I remember from one of her parts of their book: she said she was a wallflower, and nobody noticed her until she and Kody started dating...that people thought she was new to the church when it's the church she's attended her entire life! 
   If that is at all true, because I am aware of how they ALL rewrite history multiple times, and can lie like bad toupees (and Meri is always The Victim), then that is unbelievably sad and must have really hurt her self esteem. She must have felt so invisible. I can imagine that, combined with her family crap, fed her thirst for power and control. You WILL notice her! Once she's the top dog, she'll treat you however she wants because she's paying back anyone who ever overlooked her. (This to me explains a lot of her holding the Brown family hostage while she dithers at length over decisions.)

Yup, she vastly underestimated Robyn, and Kody, too. Iirc, he said he was initially turned off by Robyn because she was divorced and already had kids, and a ton of debt, so should have known her place as damaged goods, and been grateful for the bottom of the hierarchy and also been grateful to Meri for "saving" her.

That whole part of the book, when they described pursuing Robyn, and keeping it a "sweet secret" between only Meri and Kody, read to me like a husband and wife fishing for a third for some kinky fun. They should have just had wild sexy times and skipped the marrying!

It would have been Plain Oatmeal Meri watching helplessly while Kody enjoyed White Chocolate Rasberry Cheesecake Robyn.

I used to be a pole dancer and saw this A LOT. Mousy wife brings husband to club, thinking it will make him happy and maybe improve their relationship. The night rolls on and she winds up pushed aside, feeling jealous and inferior (unless they’re bi — the bi women were far more confident and enjoyed themselves). Meri was just as stupid dangling Robyn in front of Kody — it’s all giggles until he starts ignoring you, favoring the newer model.

Meri deserved everything she got from that little game she played (and lost at).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

She may not initially thought of Robyn as someone capable of usurping her,

A Trojan horse sort of sums Robyn up... The perfect gift (addition) or so it seemed and before you know it, she has it all and you're left with nothing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, LilyD said:

A Trojan horse sort of sums Robyn up... The perfect gift (addition) or so it seemed and before you know it, she has it all and you're left with nothing.

Meri cannot possibly be so naive that she doesn't realize by now that she has been the victim of a masterful coup staged by Robyn.  The mystery to me is why she continues to play handmaiden to Robyn and her crew.  I can only think of two possibilities:

1)-She is biding her time with the faint hope that one day King Kody will come to his senses and realize just what he has lost, toss Robyn aside and she can resume her position.  

2)-The most likely to me is that she positively can never admit she has been wrong about anything.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

2)-The most likely to me is that she positively can never admit she has been wrong about anything.

This!

And don't forget; the very unwilling Brown family is all she has left.  Well...sort of... They don't want her but she just won't leave. If she leaves, it will be justJen and the odd B&B guest that got lost in a remote part of Utah.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Meri cannot possibly be so naive that she doesn't realize by now that she has been the victim of a masterful coup staged by Robyn.  The mystery to me is why she continues to play handmaiden to Robyn and her crew.  I can only think of two possibilities:

1)-She is biding her time with the faint hope that one day King Kody will come to his senses and realize just what he has lost, toss Robyn aside and she can resume her position.  

I think it’s a little of both. I don’t think Meri thinks she can one day resume her old position entirely, but I do think she’s clinging to the hope that she and Kody can one day have some kind of relationship, even as “buddies.”

I’m not a fan of Meri’s, but I had some compassion for her over the catfishing incident. She was dealing with loneliness and, I speculate, some form of depression. She got the rug pulled out from under her in more ways than one. She got a massive smack down and public humiliation when it was revealed that Sam was not real, and a woman, to boot. If Meri still has any religious faith, it must seem to her like a punishment from God for betraying her spiritual union with Kody.

However, Meri’s crappy behavior and apparent lack of accountability for her part in the incident have tempered my compassion for her since then.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

My take on Meri's current situation is that she gushes and fawns over Robyn and her kids because she knows it pleases Kody and Meri has always been about pleasing Kody even if it means sneaking around behind Janelle and Christine's backs while helping Kody secure a new pretty young wife.

Meri followed all of Kodys crazy Covid rules and lived the life of a hermit to secure herself a place at Robyns thanksgiving dinner, so she could be near Kody.

Reading Meri's account of having a sweet little *secret* with Kody that the other wives didn't know about reminded me of Kody and Robyn having their sweet little *secret* about her wedding dress, Janelle wasn't impressed and Christine was downright angry to find out Kody chose Robyn's dress but Meri just sat there, I don't have any proof but I think Meri might have been in on that too.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, LilyD said:

This!

And don't forget; the very unwilling Brown family is all she has left.  Well...sort of... They don't want her but she just won't leave. If she leaves, it will be justJen and the odd B&B guest that got lost in a remote part of Utah.

And her...  "OH I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN!!!! LOOK AT ME HAVING FUNNNN ON THIS LULAROE CRUISE!!!! LOOK AT HOW EDGY I AM!!!!!! WITH ALL MY SUPER SPECIAL BEST FRIENDS THAT I LOVE!!! WATCH ME STOMP AROUND THE THE SHIPS DANCE FLOOR IN MY CLODHOPPERS LIKE A WATER BUFFALO!!!! WEEEEEEE!!! *STOMP* *WIGGLE* *STOMP* *TWIRL* *STOMP*  I'M HAVING SUCH A GREAT TIME WITH THIS GREAT COMPANY!!! AND ALL THESE GREAT FRIENDS!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!'  🙄

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

My daughter and family drove past the B&B last week.  They stopped at the one shop in Parowan to pick up supplies on the way to Bryan Head.  We always joke every time they stop in Parowan.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The stopped at the one shop in Parowan to pick up supplies on the way to Bryan Head. 

They didn't drop by the B&B for a bag of their world famous krispy treats?  Just look at what they missed out on!

• LOL 9
14 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

Reading Meri's account of having a sweet little *secret* with Kody that the other wives didn't know about reminded me of Kody and Robyn having their sweet little *secret* about her wedding dress, Janelle wasn't impressed and Christine was downright angry to find out Kody chose Robyn's dress but Meri just sat there, I don't have any proof but I think Meri might have been in on that too.

Remember the scene where Robyn and Kody told the others that they had already married in secret? It was a perfect echo of the wedding dress thing you mentioned above.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Adiba said:

I think it’s a little of both. I don’t think Meri thinks she can one day resume her old position entirely, but I do think she’s clinging to the hope that she and Kody can one day have some kind of relationship, even as “buddies.”

I’m not a fan of Meri’s, but I had some compassion for her over the catfishing incident. She was dealing with loneliness and, I speculate, some form of depression. She got the rug pulled out from under her in more ways than one. She got a massive smack down and public humiliation when it was revealed that Sam was not real, and a woman, to boot. If Meri still has any religious faith, it must seem to her like a punishment from God for betraying her spiritual union with Kody.

However, Meri’s crappy behavior and apparent lack of accountability for her part in the incident have tempered my compassion for her since then.

I can’t feel sorry for a woman who was warned “Sam” was not real. Her own daughter and other acquaintances warned Meri about this person and that they had catfished other lonely women.

I also cannot empathise with a woman who has a history of being nasty to her other sister wives, nasty enough to punish them by bringing in a shiny new one out of her own selfish interests. When that backfired, Meri had no one to blame but herself. But we all know Meri Brown accepts no blame, everything has been done TO her or against her. She dug her own damn hole and put herself in it.

And she still hasn’t learned, she still shows her nasty side when she interacts with her friend Jen (interrupts her as if she doesn’t exist) and her customers (treats them like they’re stupid). Meri is not a nice person. 

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I can’t feel sorry for a woman who was warned “Sam” was not real. Her own daughter and other acquaintances warned Meri about this person and that they had catfished other lonely women.

Another aspect of the fish fry where she lost any compassion from me is when she crossed the threshold from a mild, flattering flirtation to outright begging to be swept away by this rich, handsome figure while still spiritually married.

Where was this "Strong Woman's" integrity?  I can understand her need to have her bruised ego stroked but there came a point in the catfish exchanges where she knew she had stepped over the line.  That was the crossroad when she should have honorably stepped up and left her spiritual marriage.  Whether it would work out with "Sam" or not, she obviously wasn't being fulfilled in her relationship with Kody but she lacked the guts to stand on her own two feet. 

To top it off, she has the unmitigated gall to heap scorn on Christine for doing exactly what she should have done herself.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Another aspect of the fish fry where she lost any compassion from me is when she crossed the threshold from a mild, flattering flirtation to outright begging to be swept away by this rich, handsome figure while still spiritually married.

Where was this "Strong Woman's" integrity?  I can understand her need to have her bruised ego stroked but there came a point in the catfish exchanges where she knew she had stepped over the line.  That was the crossroad when she should have honorably stepped up and left her spiritual marriage.  Whether it would work out with "Sam" or not, she obviously wasn't being fulfilled in her relationship with Kody but she lacked the guts to stand on her own two feet. 

To top it off, she has the unmitigated gall to heap scorn on Christine for doing exactly what she should have done herself.

THIS. You pointed out what I had difficulty putting into words. 

This is a reason why I feel Meri is weak. She pretends to stand on her own two feet—“look at me I have businesses” almost as a distraction so we don’t notice how fragile and scared she really is (which is ok — it’s better than being fake). 

When Christine left, I knew it would show Meri up. Christine did what Meri could not — it was a scary, strong, brave thing to do (words Meri uses to describe herself, but doesn’t live up to).

• Love 16
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

THIS. You pointed out what I had difficulty putting into words. 

This is a reason why I feel Meri is weak. She pretends to stand on her own two feet—“look at me I have businesses” almost as a distraction so we don’t notice how fragile and scared she really is (which is ok — it’s better than being fake). 

When Christine left, I knew it would show Meri up. Christine did what Meri could not — it was a scary, strong, brave thing to do (words Meri uses to describe herself, but doesn’t live up to).

I guess I’m just a little bit of a softie—I can feel a tiny bit of  compassion for someone even if they are unlikeable, even if they are wrong. Maybe I feel even bitches need love? Maybe it is her weakness that makes me feel a smidge of pity?

However, I agree that Meri makes it more and more difficult to have any feeling of sympathy for her— her bitchy behavior, her pettiness, her stubbornness, etc. I also can’t stand Meri’s secretiveness. She always seems like she’s withholding something— information or her true emotions—putting up her “walls.” It’s incredibly toxic for any kind of relationship whether it is romantic, familial, or friendship.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Adiba said:

However, I agree that Meri makes it more and more difficult to have any feeling of sympathy for her— her bitchy behavior, her pettiness, her stubbornness, etc. I also can’t stand Meri’s secretiveness. She always seems like she’s withholding something— information or her true emotions—putting up her “walls.” It’s incredibly toxic for any kind of relationship whether it is romantic, familial, or friendship.

THIS.  Meri seems to think that she can do whatever she wants and if she screws up, she should subsequently be forgiven, no questions asked.  But whenever anyone in her family wants to get at the truth of why she did what she did, she gets to dust off her therapy-speak and "put up her walls" because "it's not a safe space."  By doing that, she gets to avoid the painful but true conversations that any normal functioning family would need to get at the heart of why Meri is....well, Meri.  But that's never going to happen, per Meri's own instructions.  So she can throw all the empty platitudes she wants on Instagram - they mean nothing because she will never own up to her part in anything, which results in no one ever trusting her - and rightfully so.  It's like watching a leggings-clad dog in clodhopper shooties chase its own tail forever.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 15
44 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

THIS.  Meri seems to think that she can do whatever she wants and if she screws up, she should subsequently be forgiven, no questions asked.  But whenever anyone in her family wants to get at the truth of why she did what she did, she gets to dust off her therapy-speak and "put up her walls" because "it's not a safe space."  By doing that, she gets to avoid the painful but true conversations that any normal functioning family would need to get at the heart of why Meri is....well, Meri.  But that's never going to happen, per Meri's own instructions.  So she can throw all the empty platitudes she wants on Instagram - they mean nothing because she will never own up to her part in anything, which results in no one ever trusting her - and rightfully so.  It's like watching a leggings-clad dog in clodhopper shooties chase its own tail forever.

So very true.  She's a very strange person!  I'd tear my hair out if I had to play nice with someone like that.

I just love "shooties" too!  😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

It's been said before, but I can't help myself:  there is nothing inviting about that parlor.  Do they really expect us to believe that's a hang out spot for them?

I was on vacation last week and toured a couple of palaces, and that parlor looks almost as stuffy as the rooms from the 1700's that I saw!

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

It's been said before, but I can't help myself:  there is nothing inviting about that parlor.  Do they really expect us to believe that's a hang out spot for them?

I was on vacation last week and toured a couple of palaces, and that parlor looks almost as stuffy as the rooms from the 1700's that I saw!

What a life for Jenn's 2 adolescent kids, they can sit on those stiff little chairs and watch the extra hour of sunlight dapple through the lace curtains while awaiting the blooming of the lilacs.  

• LOL 19

Regarding leaving Kody, Christine has something Meri doesn't, and that's many fulfilling relationships with the adult children.  That will only grow as they get married and have children of their own.  If what some of the adult kids have alluded to is true, then she's the one who crashed that into the side of the mountain.  If she would have been a loving bonus mom, she'd have relationships with at least a couple of them, so I believe what they say.  She didn't realize she wasn't only alienating a bunch of kids that annoyed her, she was alienating her future relationships as well.  Now the future is here. I think that's why she's all about Sol and Ari.  Aside from being Kody's faves, they are her last shot at future relationships, like the ones Christine has.  

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Again, nothing like sitting bolt upright in some antique horsehide chairs define a restful afternoon.  I mean, seriously? Who thinks that sounds like a jolly time?

It sounds like an itchy time for my butt! I remember my Granny had a horsehair chair and no one would sit in it because it made us itch. It was pretty, just not fun to sit on.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It sounds like an itchy time for my butt! I remember my Granny had a horsehair chair and no one would sit in it because it made us itch. It was pretty, just not fun to sit on.

My grandmother had a couch and chair with horsehair stuffing, always draped with crocheted throws - we put them under, rather than over us as a buffer.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, eskimo said:

Regarding leaving Kody, Christine has something Meri doesn't, and that's many fulfilling relationships with the adult children.  That will only grow as they get married and have children of their own.  If what some of the adult kids have alluded to is true, then she's the one who crashed that into the side of the mountain.  If she would have been a loving bonus mom, she'd have relationships with at least a couple of them, so I believe what they say.  She didn't realize she wasn't only alienating a bunch of kids that annoyed her, she was alienating her future relationships as well.  Now the future is here. I think that's why she's all about Sol and Ari.  Aside from being Kody's faves, they are her last shot at future relationships, like the ones Christine has.  

Interesting observation. She really has no one besides Mariah and her business “friends” (not true friends, they dump you when things start going south). But, IMO she’s so damn FAKE with Sol and Ari. It’s overkill, and it’s obvious.

Meri will never be able to weasel her way back into the family in anything other than the “acquaintance zone”.  I can’t even say friend zone because it’s clear no one likes her enough to consider her a “friend”. I’d say it’s tragic, but Meri dug her own hole over a long period of time. She’s done this to herself.

Once Sol and Ari get old enough, they will hopefully see through the “get them to like me” game Meri’s been playing.

Edited to Add: I realise she has her friend Jen, but I don’t know how Jen puts up with her — Meri interrupts her on a regular basis and barrels over in their videos. I’d distance myself from someone like that if they did that to me (and have distanced myself from friends like that).

It sucks to feel like what you were saying has no value, and that’s how interrupters like Meri make people feel. I don’t know how Jen tolerates Meri. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Edited to Add: I realise she has her friend Jen, but I don’t know how Jen puts up with her — Meri interrupts her on a regular basis and barrels over in their videos. I’d distance myself from someone like that if they did that to me (and have distanced myself from friends like that).

It sucks to feel like what you were saying has no value, and that’s how interrupters like Meri make people feel. I don’t know how Jen tolerates Meri. 

I wonder what's up with Jenn and family?  I initially understood that her running the BnB for Meri was a temporary thing while Jenn and her husband were looking to relocate elsewhere after their house sold.  It's been nearly a year now and the start of a new school year for Jenn's kids has come and gone.  It would seem to me that if they had been seriously looking, they could have found a permanent home over last summer.  In the meantime, house prices have continued to escalate, diminishing the equity they would have to purchase a new home.  I would imagine Jenn is getting free accommodation at the BnB in exchange for attending to whoever may find their way to the inn but the set-up seems odd to me.

Also, it appears that Meri has removed her Instagram page, so there will be no opportunity to giggle along with Meri & Jenn's Frivolous Friday With Friends.  When I attempted over a few days to view Meri's Instagram page, I get the message, "Sorry, this page isn't available, the link may be broken or page may have been removed"

I am verklempt and my weekend is off to a very dreary start without the girls to set the tone. 😂

• LOL 9
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder what's up with Jenn and family?  I initially understood that her running the BnB for Meri was a temporary thing while Jenn and her husband were looking to relocate elsewhere after their house sold.  It's been nearly a year now and the start of a new school year for Jenn's kids has come and gone.  It would seem to me that if they had been seriously looking, they could have found a permanent home over last summer.  In the meantime, house prices have continued to escalate, diminishing the equity they would have to purchase a new home.  I would imagine Jenn is getting free accommodation at the BnB in exchange for attending to whoever may find their way to the inn but the set-up seems odd to me.

Also, it appears that Meri has removed her Instagram page, so there will be no opportunity to giggle along with Meri & Jenn's Frivolous Friday With Friends.  When I attempted over a few days to view Meri's Instagram page, I get the message, "Sorry, this page isn't available, the link may be broken or page may have been removed"

I am verklempt and my weekend is off to a very dreary start without the girls to set the tone. 😂

Looks like she’s out of town with Mariah and audrey

0FED2B33-D2D5-457E-8C71-59BA3B31CA51.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I can see her IG page. It's been a year since her mom passed away and it looks like Meri is in Oregon with Mariah and Audrey right now. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3