Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I have friends in various US states that sell Origami Owl. I've never purchased from any of them.  They post when they have their in-person conventions, and they really do exhibit a sense of community and friendship among the group.  They attend meetings for encouragement, learning sales techniques, and to preview new product.  They and their co-workers seem to be really bonded over their common interest/job. 

I'm sure a lot of Meri's "friends" are hangers-on, but I hope she has at least some sincere relationships & emotional support (even if she, like my friends, sells a product I have no interest in buying.)  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

If she sings anything like Christine they were undoubtedly trying to drown her out 😏

Christine's problem was that her accompanyist would ask - "are you sure you want to start that high?", offering to start in a lower key more suited to her voice, but she said she wanted to stay high. She should have practiced in several keys to find the best one for her voice, listening to the expert.  She wasn't bad on the notes that weren't too high for her and could have saved herself the embarrassment.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Christine's problem was that her accompanyist would ask - "are you sure you want to start that high?", offering to start in a lower key more suited to her voice, but she said she wanted to stay high. She should have practiced in several keys to find the best one for her voice, listening to the expert.  She wasn't bad on the notes that weren't too high for her and could have saved herself the embarrassment.

But that’s the problem, she wasn’t embarrassed because she actually thinks she sounds good.

I remember Christine saying something like she isn’t a GREAT singer like Whitney Houston but she is a GOOD singer that sounds nice.

ummmmmm NO you don’t sound nice, you sound like a rubber chicken squawking!!

and the worst part is no one has the nerve to tell her that she doesn’t sound good, her voice coach didn’t even have the nerve to tell her! 

C21DAD7C-F782-40B7-BE7E-43A2A4EDA5E9.png

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

This. One doesn’t need a high-pitched voice to sing well. Some of the best singers have a less-than-soprano voice.

Are there any links to Meri’s vocals? 

• Like 1

Meri and her favorite dude even held hands and did a helicopter *SPIN* as they SCREAMED the lyrics at each other ….. 🎤

🎶“hands, touching hands.. reaching out, touching me, touching youuuuuuuu”🎶 

A couple of losers screamed “Sweet Meri Brown!!” Instead of “Sweet Caroline” 

Meri was in heaven 😂

493AEF5B-E830-49F7-A709-6B918D3D238B.gif

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Meri and her favorite dude even held hands and did a helicopter *SPIN* as they SCREAMED the lyrics at each other ….. 🎤

🎶“hands, touching hands.. reaching out, touching me, touching youuuuuuuu”🎶 

A couple of losers screamed “Sweet Meri Brown!!” Instead of “Sweet Caroline” 

Meri was in heaven 😂

493AEF5B-E830-49F7-A709-6B918D3D238B.gif

Wow. I just can’t. No wonder she spends so much time with these people — she’s their Regina George.

Meri’s really trying hard to show off now. So you’re partying with a bunch of fake friends — it’s no different than a 20-something who goes nightclubbing every weekend and lets everyone know via social media.

And, putting myself out there, that was *me* for a while and no one who mattered was impressed by my constant partying at clubs with deadmau5 or R3hab or any of the well-known DJs. It was obnoxious. For a while, no one wanted anything to do with me unless it involved me getting them in for free (hangs head in shame). Not. Real. Friends. And my real friends were concerned about my constant need for attention. Eventually, they became annoyed. Then, I realised how ridiculous I was coming across to everyone. *Everyone* was annoyed with me. It took years for all that to settle out and for me to get some real self-esteem (which is still shaky but I don’t go gloating to compensate). What Meri is doing is one of the least effective means to gain respect and self-worth. 

So when I say that I see what Meri is doing, I truly see it. 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

I think I might have said this a few times before over the years, but for starters, Meri needs to wear something on her lips . Whether it is i lipstain, or lipstick or whatever, every time I see her on the teevee I think how her face is crying out for lip color.

that's all.

• Applause 2
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I think I might have said this a few times before over the years, but for starters, Meri needs to wear something on her lips . Whether it is i lipstain, or lipstick or whatever, every time I see her on the teevee I think how her face is crying out for lip color.

that's all.

She said she will not wear lipstick 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yes exactly. 

I don't like the way Meri communicates, her walls, etc. I think she probably has arrested development due to the fact she was raised in an isolated community, then furthered that by her polygamous marriage. In my estimation, she's about 22. Jmo. And don't like her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I think a lot of 20 somethings go thru this.  But Meri is 50 something!  

I hate on Meri a lot but she seems to be having a ball FINALLY.  She gets to twirl with someone wearing an awful shirt while Robyn gets to hear about patriarchy and the wheels slowing grinding in Kody's curly head.  I'd say Meri is winning.  At least she is with fellow oldsters and not actually at a club with 20 somethings.  Finally living her youth in flammable clothing that is too small with her weirdo tribe.  You go girl!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 10/1/2022 at 8:43 AM, GeorgiaRai said:

I'm sure a lot of Meri's "friends" are hangers-on, but I hope she has at least some sincere relationships & emotional support (even if she, like my friends, sells a product I have no interest in buying.)  

Based on the podcasts I have listened to and the cult documentaries I have watched, if Meri ever wanted to get out of LuLuRot, those "friends" would bombard her with guilt, freeze her out, delete her from all of their groups/texts, and then never speak to her again....and I'm sure she's done that herself with anyone from her downline that has decided to bail.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

How’s she gonna react to the “hard pass” votes? Block those people?

Well, Meri herself said it was okay to have an opinion 😉 (But maybe she meant it's only okay if it's the same opinion as hers...)

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Love 5

I volunteer as tribute!  I would love to stay with Meri, but only if I can watch her put on her makeup - I have to know how she does her brows.  

What is this, though - a giveaway for a free stay at Ye Olde Lizzy Inn?  Or is she just fishing? 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

What is this, though - a giveaway for a free stay at Ye Olde Lizzy Inn?  Or is she just fishing? 

Gotta be (cat)fishing.  No way she'd give away anything for free.

She probably counted the yes votes and blocked everyone who voted no. Ghosting naysayers must be a full time job for her.

• Applause 7
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2022 at 6:08 AM, Aspenglow said:

I am rewatching season one which I haven’t seen since it first aired. So many thoughts but leaving for work- when did Mary gain weight?  I had forgotten she used to be a healthy weight. 

I believe she started putting on weight after she messed up her knee.. skiing with Kody.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Golly sign me up, I can pitchur the itinerary

3:00 PM Check In and get the grand tour of the one room that is available because her "bestie" and family are all in the other rooms.

3:15 PM Shake out the dust from the doilies 

3:30 PM Be forced to buy something from the cupboard in the corner, including but not limited to stale Krispie treats, overpriced coasters

3:45 PM Watch Meri do her makeup with a sharpie and get filtering tips on photos

4:15 PM MFM:Tried to find a restaurant liquor store that delivers via Uber Eats

4:30 PM Watch Meri yell from the front porch at the neighborhood kids

4:45PM MFM: Steals neighborhood kids bike to ride 3 miles each way to liquor store

6:00 PM MFM: sneaks up to room and downs booze

7:00 PM MFM: Forced to sit in stuffy chair to watch two idiots shill crappy cloths

7:05 PM MFM; Throws shoe at Meri's head and bolts out the front door and heads to the Motel 6 down on the interstate

• LOL 20
9 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I believe she started putting on weight after she messed up her knee.. skiing with Kody.

Thank you- I stopped watching years ago and just followed here. After rewatching the first season I was stunned at how much better she used to look. Now with money there is no excuse for her hair , makeup, clothing and general appearance.

• Love 1

I just was curious and looked on the website, she sure has raised her rates to 250-300 per night depending on the room. She is only open Thur-Sun, looks like she isn't taking any reservations for November (or its sold out, highly doubt) then she is closed for 3 weeks over Christmas. How is she making a living from this Inn? 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I just was curious and looked on the website, she sure has raised her rates to 250-300 per night depending on the room. She is only open Thur-Sun, looks like she isn't taking any reservations for November (or its sold out, highly doubt) then she is closed for 3 weeks over Christmas. How is she making a living from this Inn? 

That's funny - I just did the same thing. And only two weekends in Dec available? I don't believe it. She probably just picks the times she wants to play innkeeper and makes those dates available.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 10/5/2022 at 2:06 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Golly sign me up, I can pitchur the itinerary.......

Okay, I signed you up.  I also requested that you be allowed to participate in Friday With Friends (once you're good and drunk) so you can report here on what those knee-slapping ROTFLMAO inside jokes are all about.  I need to know!  I am so jealous at the wacky fun Meri and Just Jen always seem to have!  Maybe also you could teach them how to use their phones since they always seem to spend the first ten minutes trying to connect to each other, LOL - those crazy gals.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14