Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Even the best looking woman looks silly in leggings with a short top. I am not a prude, it's that she looks like she forgot to finish getting dressed.  

If you don't believe me...try people watching for awhile. Don't watch the women in leggings, watch the people watching them walk by.  

• Love 2

I was trying to do a multi-quote only to succeed in deleting them all, again. I've now done that several times. In my defense, my hands aren't working right because of my MS, and I'm pretty sure my brain is objecting to me reading anything about the Sister Wives. : )

I know I was going to point out how happy I am to read that LuLuRoe is ugly, because it is horrendous to me and I have absolutely no fashion sense. If someone were to give me those leggings with the chihuahua being delivered from a human vagina, I would wear it at Halloween or possibly a dinner party with a person who won't quit inviting me even though the last time I went she swore she made some rolls from scratch but actually defrosted some frozen ones that had high-fructose corn syrup in them, and I became violently ill and was in severe pain for hours. I realized it quickly because my body responded within minutes and almost vomited on her table. The only reason I didn't was for the benefit of the other guests. To this day, she insists she made those rolls, continues to invite me, I continue to say, "No! You lied to me about the bread and I was sick and in pain for hours!" She tells everyone that she thinks my intolerance to fructose is a made-up diet fad even though it has landed me in the hospital with my small intestine swollen like a party balloon. Her son is lactose intolerant, and I asked if she ignored that too, and she said it was a real thing and there is no such thing as an intolerance to fructose, even though they are both sugar molecules!! Ahem...Apologies, got a bit worked up. Not to defend her, but high-fructose corn syrup being a poison DID become a fad, much to my benefit.

I've attended several marketing seminars in the past, as part of continuing education for businesses that had nothing to do with MLM. My job didn't have anything to do with marketing or advertising, so even though I listened, I often disagreed with the suggestions because as a consumer, I found them infuriating. I don't want to be nickle-and-dimed or feel like I am being. Hidden fees, unexplained charges, etc. are known to anger customers, so they explained how to do it without making it look like you are and making it clear that additional charges would be added without being so upfront that your clients catch on and don't order. One of the suggestions often given was to make it sound like YOU and YOUR SERVICE are limited and restricted, and therefore exclusive, which is what Meri is doing by claiming it will take a while to be accepted. She is probably also doing a cursory glance for JO, but psycho had so many aliases it's unlikely she would spot her. Some are several years old with blogs and Twitter accounts that she keeps up on. 

The not giving the location right away is another tactic that is supposed to make your business sound a bit exclusive and glamorous. It doesn't work. I'm not going to make plans to attend a seminar anywhere on a given date. So she released that there will be a pop-up sale on a certain date, but not the location. Well, if I was interested, I may plan to attend in Las Vegas, only to find out she is having it in Lehi, Utah. That's not happening; it's not worth driving to another state. She has now just irritated and lost a possible customer for playing games. Yet, these type of marketing suggestions are continually repeated in MLM scams, even though they have been proven failures. She probably receives a bunch of comments asking where it is, which driving her view count up, as is people returned to see if the location has been announced. Now that the website trackers can determine how many are new and how many are repeat, it doesn't drive it up as much, but she still has repeated stats to show the advertisers when she sends out the paid advertisements, if she does (I don't follow her on social media).

• Love 3
4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

(And ironically, her cheap crap is so overpriced for Walmart quality. )

From what I'm reading here LLR isn't even up to Wal Mart quality.  So far I've never had a pair of Wal Mart leggings rip, tear, or the seam disintegrate.

• Love 1

Saw a new LLR low on my FB page today. A woman posted her birth announcement with her newest shipment. As in the baby was laying in the box of new inventory with some kind of announcement like "our new arrivals" or something like that. No idea who this lady is or why it showed up on my page. Think she might regret those photos some day when she realizes the time/money she wasted on LLR or gets the shudders by seeing her baby surrounded by all those hideous patterns?  Just throwing an idea out there for Meri and Maddie!

• Love 2

I won a pair of LLR leggings at a party almost 2 years ago. They're green with purple flowers. Not too wild, but looked a little too much like PJ pants for me to want to wear in public. It's the style and print. However, they were decent quality lounge around the house pants. They're really long, kept their shape, and are soft. Not too thing or clingy. They weren't sewn crooked or thin and easily ripped. I still wouldn't have paid $25 for them, but they're pretty good pants. I did buy a pair of black ones, which are apparently hard to find, and they've not faded and kept their shape in two years, so worth the $$.

A few weeks ago, I went to got suckered into going to a party hosted by a relative. The change in quality in less than 2 years was insane. Everything she had at this party was some wild pattern, or a solid that was a horrendous color that nobody wanted (mustard heather, faded off color orangy reds, weird pastels). Most of the pants looked like they were sewn crooked with the patterns not matching up, or a puckered hem, crooked waist band, etc. My first free pair from two years ago was a tall and curvy, which is supposed to fit a 10-22. One size is supposed to fit a 0-12. This time, the TC pants all looked really baggy in the seat, and the OS were tiny. As in my niece in 8th grade who might weigh 80 lbs in a 00 said they felt too short and snug. Some of the pants had little holes in non-seam areas right when they took them out of the packaging. Never worn. Quality control has gone down the drain.

I suspect Meri and all of these late to the party people are going to be stuck with a whole lot of crappy pants and other stuff really soon. I give Lula Roe one more year before it's totally bust, if that long.

• Love 5

Nice group picture collaged out of spare parts.  I'm not sure any of them were together when the pictures were taken, with the possible exception of Kody and Christine.  It looks like Robyn and Meri are a couple, and Janelle is upset about it (or is their madam), and Christine does look like she's asleep; I doubt that's the impression they were going for.

I don't always notice Photoshop, but that picture just screams it.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I won a pair of LLR leggings at a party almost 2 years ago. They're green with purple flowers. Not too wild, but looked a little too much like PJ pants for me to want to wear in public. It's the style and print. However, they were decent quality lounge around the house pants. They're really long, kept their shape, and are soft. Not too thing or clingy. They weren't sewn crooked or thin and easily ripped. I still wouldn't have paid $25 for them, but they're pretty good pants. I did buy a pair of black ones, which are apparently hard to find, and they've not faded and kept their shape in two years, so worth the $$.

A few weeks ago, I went to got suckered into going to a party hosted by a relative. The change in quality in less than 2 years was insane. Everything she had at this party was some wild pattern, or a solid that was a horrendous color that nobody wanted (mustard heather, faded off color orangy reds, weird pastels). Most of the pants looked like they were sewn crooked with the patterns not matching up, or a puckered hem, crooked waist band, etc. My first free pair from two years ago was a tall and curvy, which is supposed to fit a 10-22. One size is supposed to fit a 0-12. This time, the TC pants all looked really baggy in the seat, and the OS were tiny. As in my niece in 8th grade who might weigh 80 lbs in a 00 said they felt too short and snug. Some of the pants had little holes in non-seam areas right when they took them out of the packaging. Never worn. Quality control has gone down the drain.

I suspect Meri and all of these late to the party people are going to be stuck with a whole lot of crappy pants and other stuff really soon. I give Lula Roe one more year before it's totally bust, if that long.

I concur that the leggings from 2 years ago are a very good quality. But it happens all the time when companies become popular and they need more production--the quality often suffers.  I've known about LLR for a couple years and it's exploded as far as the number of people selling; I know several people who do it and now one of my cousins has started.  

LLR probably needed lots of leggings produced quickly and contracted with lowest bidder, which is a bad idea. If they are selling an inferior product that doesn't fit, is made wrong and tears, people are gonna be upset and stop buying. I'm surprised the sellers aren't up LLR's ass regarding the quality. I know I would be, I wouldn't want to sell shitty product to my customers. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

If they are selling an inferior product that doesn't fit, is made wrong and tears, people are gonna be upset and stop buying.

But isn't his the MO of most MLMs?  Most of them crash and burn after they saturate the market or lower production standards.  The sellers end up with rooms overflowing with unsold products.

19 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

If they are selling an inferior product that doesn't fit, is made wrong and tears, people are gonna be upset and stop buying.

But isn't his the MO of most MLMs?  Most of them crash and burn after they saturate the market or lower production standards.  The sellers end up with rooms overflowing with unsold products.

15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

The sellers ought to just stop selling then. They're just as bad as the MLM if they are also selling an inferior product. Everyone stops, and LLR goes away. Then we won't have to see any more pictures of Meri wearing bathrobes and scrubs :).

• Love 3

I accidentally referred to my 16-year old daughter's Lululemon leggings as Lularoe.  The look she gave me could've frozen the sun.

I agree with the ridiculousness of posting things like, "I am having a Pop-Up sale!!  Great new items!!  Carlys, Irmas, Sarahs!  Great Colors! Fun patterns!  But I can't tell you when or where yet!!"  I mean, if I have to actually chase down my purchases, it's simply not worth it.  Buying Lularoe seems like an awful lot of hard work for the buyer - doesn't the buyer kind of have to be at the right place at the right time and click the "Like" button faster than the contestants on Jeopardy?  That's way too much stress for a pair of insane clown posse chihuahua leggings.

• Love 10

@lma Nice post! I'm sure that as hard as Meri is trying to build her self-confidence, Kody's on the other side working equally hard to tear it down. Can't have her getting too self-confident now, can we? That might lead to independent thought, asserting herself, and choosing to fight for what's actually in her best interests. /s

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

You feeling ok?

Quick, call a Medic! Oh, wait...

Lol. Well, gotta give credit when it's due.  She'll probably be wearing something that looks like pizza vomit in the next day or two anyways :)

• Love 2

@ginger90 That is pretty awful. At first, I was thinking the top half mostly works, but there's just so much wrong in that photo. I can't even. The shroud she's wearing doesn't need the black see-through portion, and the pattern is horrible. Pairing that pattern with stripes. WTAF? And the leggings and shoes .... I can't contain myself anymore! *vomit*

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't know if this qualifies but I think it's awful

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRbJL6j5xi/

I see where she is trying to go here, Olsen twins.  You have to have the swagger to pull of the Bo Ho street look.  That includes hair, makeup and body type.  She can do this but she needs to google how to put it together for a woman her age with a heavier body. 

I love her shoes!  

8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I saw this woman (50+) on my recent cruise.  Is this LulaRoe, or does someone else make stuff this ugly in grown-up sizes?

Capture.GIF

Oh! That is Lularoe, I can spot it a mile away and have.  Poor thing. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I see where she is trying to go here, Olsen twins.  You have to have the swagger to pull of the Bo Ho street look.  That includes hair, makeup and body type.  She can do this but she needs to google how to put it together for a woman her age with a heavier body. 

I love her shoes!  

Oh! That is Lularoe, I can spot it a mile away and have.  Poor thing. 

She must not have a mirror in her cabin.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She must not have a mirror in her cabin.

She does. She thinks Lularoe is cutting edge so ahe sees herself as hip.  On the other hand good for her.  She is wearing what loves. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I saw this woman (50+) on my recent cruise.  Is this LulaRoe, or does someone else make stuff this ugly in grown-up sizes?

Capture.GIF

And her hair is not doing her any favors either.  Hi to my friend AZ.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

The LLR prints would look great on little girls - like toddler to about 6.

There's already a brand for that - Garanimals.  Unique labels allow kids to pick out matching outfits.  IMHO, this woman's top and bottom would NOT have matching labels.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Capture.GIF

Gah, I have stood in the same drinks package line up. For sure I am going to one day end up in someone's "Middle aged women and their Costco pants" blog.

And having said that, are these pieces supposed to be worn together? I am far from a LLR fan,  but I think that top would look okay with some white pants (from Costco!).  

Am I wrong? Maybe I need someone to talk me down.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jel said:

I don't know. The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's a stealth depth perception test being administered by the DMV.

• Love 5
Just now, Jel said:

Gah, I have stood in the same drinks package line up. For sure I am going to one day end up in someone's "Middle aged women and their Costco pants" blog.

And having said that, are these pieces supposed to be worn together? I am far from a LLR fan,  but I think that top would look okay with some white pants (from Costco!).  

I've shopped at Costco, too.  No shame in that!

In answer to your question, I think this IS considered "a set."  The photo doesn't show it clearly (and I had a new phone so I didn't know how to zoom in), but there is a touch of the aqua in the top, and lots of the orange in the pants.  I envision this lady watching one of Meri's Facebook sales.  Meri said it was a matching outfit, so that made it a matching outfit.  I'm not sure if Meri told her that the hairdo was a good idea, though.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not sure if Meri told her that the hairdo was a good idea, though.

Well, looks like the bottom half of her hair is blue. So, it's probably part of the outfit.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

I don't know. The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's a stealth depth perception test being administered by the DMV.

I thought it was the "identify and label these viruses" section of a biology test. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I've shopped at Costco, too.  No shame in that!

In answer to your question, I think this IS considered "a set."  The photo doesn't show it clearly (and I had a new phone so I didn't know how to zoom in), but there is a touch of the aqua in the top, and lots of the orange in the pants.  I envision this lady watching one of Meri's Facebook sales.  Meri said it was a matching outfit, so that made it a matching outfit.  I'm not sure if Meri told her that the hairdo was a good idea, though.

Thanks for the info AZChristian -- as a set, it's too much by a factor of ten, imo. That whole "If there's this color in the top and this color in the bottom" advice tends to be untrue if you ask me, but again, I pretty much rely on the Costco clothing buyers for mah "fashion". There's no shame in shopping there, but when you buy almost everything there, (like me)...

Edited by Jel
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Jel said:

Thanks for the info AZChristian -- as a set, it's too much by a factor of ten, imo. That whole "If there's this color in the top and this color in the bottom" advice tends to be untrue if you ask me, but again, I pretty much rely on the Costco clothing buyers for mah "fashion". There's no shame in shopping there, but when you buy almost everything there, (like me)...

And without going too far afield, let me say this.  My husband and I have about 30 sets of matching t-shirts.  We wear them a lot.  Most of them are from the ziplines we've ridden around the world, or they are souvenirs of other things we've done.  People often stop us and ask to take our pictures (we're viral in Italy and Australia - LOL).  And yet, we have run into people who obviously think we're weird.  Trust me - it's easy to read their thoughts, and some - politely - comment that they would NEVER do something like that.  Fair enough.  Different strokes for different folks.

But I think that if we choose to dress "uniquely," we're opening ourselves for feedback - good and bad.  And maybe surreptitious pictures.  So I've probably been on the other side of the camera for photos like this, and I'm okay with that.  I own who I am and what I wear.

• Love 9

I can't imagine any world or situation where I would put on those leggings unless it was all someone would loan me if I forgot my pjs.  The top would probably be almost as bad.  Maybe with solid white pants it would be tolerable to go to the beach or babysitting the grandkids.  I could always hope they spilled grape juice on it.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Absolom said:

Meri must not have liked the reactions to the outfit today.  It seems she may have pulled the photo.

Aw, I missed it.  Must be a bummer if your job is to take photos of yourself wearing clothes you need to unload, but then you have to take down the pic because the clothes are so ugly.

Now I'm gonna need someone to describe it to me.....

• Love 3