Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Hi

Geez, if you're going to do one of these pyramid scheme things, why not work smarter and not harder? (Oh wait, if you're getting suckered into this, well, yeah)

Seriously, why does she have to take pictures of all the clothes? Is there not a catalog, online or in print? I know things only like to keep a few people at the top (hence 'pyramid scheme') but most at least have pictures to look at. And why does she put orders in plastic bins? If she has to use tape to reinforce the sticky note, why not just write on the tape? Or why not just put it straight into a cardboard box for shipping? The plastic containers seem like a waste.

The expert who's been selling for one month. I was wondering why she didn't just put the post-it IN the box. Not really convincing that she so organized when she's been at it for 18 hours--and doesn't know what she's paid so far or how much she has in inventory. She really does seem like the type of person that over-complicates things.

Seems an odd thing for Meri to be getting involved with--after her last go around with strangers infiltrating her life.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

AZChristian:  She's not planning on selling to family members.  The tag on that first shirt is XS.

Actually that XS is not XS.  They are VERY oversized.  I would guess that XS is more like a medium in regular clothes.  Ok, still won't fit anyone in their family but the ones under 15.  HA!  The dress I got is a small and I normally wear an 8.  I could gain 20 lbs and the dress would still fit.

Oversized? I think that depends...this review cracks me up.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Seriously, why does she have to take pictures of all the clothes? Is there not a catalog, online or in print? I know things only like to keep a few people at the top (hence 'pyramid scheme') but most at least have pictures to look at. And why does she put orders in plastic bins? If she has to use tape to reinforce the sticky note, why not just write on the tape? Or why not just put it straight into a cardboard box for shipping? The plastic containers seem like a waste.

From what I've read, there is no catalog since they only make a couple thousand or so of each print.  I guess they just churn em out at the factory, throw 'em in bags, and ship them out to the "consultants" who have to do the shit work of taking all the photos and organizing them.

But she's having such a great time!  Busting her ass from 6 am till 12:30 am the next day, and for not all that much money after paying for all the clothes and the equipment and supplies she needed to buy (you saw the clothes racks in the background...)

If you watched the entire thing, about 2/3 of the way through she admits that she has her real business and she's paying rent on a space to do a real job but she's basically abandoning it to do LLR, then she gives her sales pitch on how easy it is to sell the clothes and how $6,000 is nothing.  oh and to join her team under her as a consultant.  So it's basically a sales pitch.  Sneaky.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

From what I've read, there is no catalog since they only make a couple thousand or so of each print.  I guess they just churn em out at the factory, throw 'em in bags, and ship them out to the "consultants" who have to do the shit work of taking all the photos and organizing them.

But she's having such a great time!  Busting her ass from 6 am till 12:30 am the next day, and for not all that much money after paying for all the clothes and the equipment and supplies she needed to buy (you saw the clothes racks in the background...)

This is pretty much what my coworker says about Lularoe.  No catalog, all the grunt work is on the seller, and you don't make that much money.  She's about to get out; I wish her luck and hope she didn't lose too much money.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Wow, certainly an in depth review of what is obvioulsy a really crappy product. Not that I ever planned on buying anything but if I had been, I certainly wouldn't now.  Love hearing that the items come with ready made holes!

Another well thought venture for the Brown Clowns.  Cheap, tawdry, unethical - right up their alley.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

This woman is Lula Roe's worst nightmare--an intelligent, knowledgable customer. She's totally right about prints. Badly matched patterns is a sure sign of cheap construction, and companies know it. They just hope the customers don't know quality and will pay a several-hundred-percent markup for cut-rate work, cheap fabric, and inconsistent sizing. It's easier to go to Wally World and see what you're buying. 

Browns meet scams. What else is new?

• Love 9
On November 4, 2016 at 1:09 PM, ginger90 said:

Day 3.....and she has an office which I assume is in her house. There are many people who would not appreciate clothing from a home with a dog. Just saying.

I'm one w/a work friend involved in this silliness. Her stock always looks like a car full of circus clowns went on a bender and vomited rainbows. Leave it to Meri to pick the most drab mix of ugly cotton possible. 

When all of this went public, I immediately thought of a legitimate business opp that would utilize skills she claims to have: organizing. Certainly feels more sustainable, especially if she gains some satisfied customers willing to vouch for her work.

But then, you couldn't pose with all your new (fake) besties and shoot endless selfies on that path. 

When will these people learn that their "true believers" either don't have the cash, or the will to part with it, to keep their grand visions afloat?

Edited by RealityCowgirl
"day"=/= "cash"
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They have true believers?  Is there anyone on this planet that stupid?

Check their Facebook page.  Yes, there are still people who are that stupid.  But, as RealityCowgirl says, they have no money.  There have been years worth of comments from women who luuuuuuuv the stuff in MSWC, but can't afford it.

Edited by AZChristian
Not enough coffee before trying to spell.
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealityCowgirl said:

I'm one w/a work friend involved in this silliness. Her stock always looks like a car full of circus clowns went on a bender and vomited rainbows. Leave it to Meri to pick the most drab mix of ugly cotton possible. 

She doesn't get to pick the colors/prints. It's a crapshoot (literally speaking). 

Although you'd think that the LLR corporate staff would make sure that Meri with her visibility would have a high amount of desireable prints/colors. Of course that would be unfair to regular consultants. 

• Love 1

That rack of clothes looks exactly like what I would see at my local Meijer grocery store.

What is a "Lularoe popup?"  Is that what the Lularoe parties are called?  Or does that mean you load up your car with the clothes, drive somewhere random, and set up a temporary shop?  That seems like way too much work for someone with the last name "Brown."

Here's what I want to see...I want to see Robyn, Christine and Janelle put on some Lularoe leggings/long sweaters/confusing t-shirts and Instagram/Snapchat/Tweet themselves in order to support their beloved sister wife.  Will they?  HIGHLY doubtful.  Should they?  Well, since they are all so super supportive of each other (LOLZ), yes they should.

• Love 6

Pop ups are exactly what they sound like - a temporary location. Sometimes a few hours, sometimes a month or so. Around here pop-ups tend to occur in vacant storefronts- landlords who can't find a long term merchant tenant will lease a space for a weekend or a few weeks - there's one going on for the third year in a row about a mile away from me. A cashmere sale that started Halloween weekend and will run through November. Nicer stuff than LLR for sure.

there are pop up restaurants too.

https://thecashmeresale.com/

Edited by DakotaJustice
Added link.
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Where in Oregon? If I had known earlier I would have done recon if it was western Oregon. Why there of all places?

In Salem, Best Western Mill Creek, by Costco. West enough? Maybe Costco would be of interest!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In Salem, Best Western Mill Creek, by Costco. West enough? Maybe Costco would be of interest!

Salem.  That's at least a 10 drive.  She is going to haul all that shit up there, stay in a hotel, eat on the road and drive all the way back.  They couldn't get anyone to come to the STRIVE thing and that was local.  

This is just f&@+?ed up.

• Love 3
On November 4, 2016 at 11:52 AM, laurakaye said:

So about how much do you think those boxes and boxes of Lularoe set her back?

This bothers me because she should be using this as a supplemental income.  If she really thinks her z-list celebrity status will garner her big sales and commissions, she is way more delusional than I thought.  And that's saying something.

At least the wet bar will be put to good use -she can use it to display all her Lularoe items for all those super exciting parties she's going to host.

Because inviting random people into her home worked so well before...

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Oregon?! She dragged that crap all the way to Oregon?! Oregon is otherwise LulaRoe-free?

• Love 5
On 11/4/2016 at 0:52 PM, laurakaye said:

So about how much do you think those boxes and boxes of Lularoe set her back?

This bothers me because she should be using this as a supplemental income.  If she really thinks her z-list celebrity status will garner her big sales and commissions, she is way more delusional than I thought.  And that's saying something.

At least the wet bar will be put to good use -she can use it to display all her Lularoe items for all those super exciting parties she's going to host.

Lularoe is a 4K investment to start.  And you aren't in control of what you are sent to sell. 

ETA my daughter in law looked into it.  But the market is SO over saturated. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 2

My late sister's daughter in law is in this - she posted on her FB page and invited me to her closed group.  Apparently, that I live in Wisconsin and she is in Pennsylvania didn't seem to be an obstacle.

• Love 2

Good lord, there is a sucker born every minute.  Meri couldn't be bothered to do any research before the snake oil salesman brought her onboard?  Oh, wait, they were part of the green goo pyramid scheme, too.  Not exactly quick learners.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Good lord, there is a sucker born every minute.  Meri couldn't be bothered to do any research before the snake oil salesman brought her onboard?  Oh, wait, they were part of the green goo pyramid scheme, too.  Not exactly quick learners.

Why would meri need common sense when she has such a spot on sense of style.  Because she is such a snappy dresser, people are standing in line to dress just like meri.  Can't miss right?

Because the Sister wives have such a sense of style people will be standing in line to buy their crappy overpriced jewelry. Can't miss right?

These people NEVER learn.'

• Love 5

Maybe Meri isn't really expecting to make any money from this.  This could be a hobby, an excuse to stay away from the rest of the Browns, an excuse to travel, and opportunity to meet people out of the view of the rest of the family, etc.  And if she happens to make some money, she can pocket it and no one has to know.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, b2H said:

My late sister's daughter in law is in this - she posted on her FB page and invited me to her closed group.  Apparently, that I live in Wisconsin and she is in Pennsylvania didn't seem to be an obstacle.

I have a friend in Pennsylvania who sells Lularoe.  I was invited into her group.  I am in Michigan.  No clue how that's supposed to work, as I like to try on clothes before buying them.

41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I really hope Meri has some common sense.

So, is this a post about your best friend?  Or is it a Lularoe advertisement?  

This kind of thing makes me stabby.  This is nothing more than a photo-op to show off the clothes.  And neither outfit makes me want to run to find a Lularoe store in the least.  It's not that the clothes are so awful - but if anyone in this forum has a Meijer store in their neighborhood, you could literally find these items in a heartbeat.

On the plus side, Meri does look thinner.  If this means she is happy and working on leaving Kody, then I say good for her.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Isn't everything she just wrote about this person, exactly what SISTERWIVES are for??

Meri seems to have found her new BFFs through Lularoe.  Instant best friends through consumerism!  She is obviously totally done with Kody's harem.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I got the impression that her sister or another family member brought her in. 

Love that segment on MLM. Penn & Teller did a great segment some years back on their "Bullshit" show called "Easy Money". I think it's still on Amazon Prime. 

It used to cost around $4k but now it's closer to $5k to onboard and the mandatory intro package doesn't include the signature leggings,  so if you want to sell the most popular item, you have to spend more. 

What a scam. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Meri seems to have found her new BFFs through Lularoe.  Instant best friends through consumerism!  She is obviously totally done with Kody's harem.

Then why does she get another season promoting this lifestyle??

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nice how Meri picked a picture that flatters her but her darling daughter's face is obscured. At least I think that's Mariah. I'm not sure because she has a face full of leaves. 

Not Mariah...that's #LularoeSarah.  Or maybe it's #LularoeCarly.  Or it could be #LularoeMonroe.    Perhaps even #LularoeLeggings.  I wonder if they all refer to Meri as #LularoeMeri?

Kind of sounds like a cult.

EDIT: I just realized that "Sarah" is the name of Meri's sweater.  Are her leggings called Carly and is the oversized t-shirt known as Monroe?  I don't freaking know.  But I don't think it's Mariah in the picture.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4

I think that's Aspyn in the picture. Though at first I thought that was maybe Meri's coming out post. Wouldn't that be an interesting new chapter, TLC?

A very well respected person in my professional industry just started posting that she's a LulaRoe rep on Twitter. A bit surprising. (She shouldn't need the money.)

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

Ha, ha!  She is a married mom.  Jen goes by @VegasGlutenFree on twitter and she and the Brown family are pretty tight.

Well, Meri was a (spiritually) married mom as well when she ran after Jackie...I mean Sam....who knows what goes on behind closed doors these days. Even married moms can be bi secret lovers best special friends forever like Oprah and Gayle.

On 11/8/2016 at 9:50 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nice how Meri picked a picture that flatters her but her darling daughter's face is obscured. At least I think that's Mariah. I'm not sure because she has a face full of leaves. 

Her writing is starting to sound like a J. Peterman catalogue.

Actually the first thing that came to mind when reading it was that Meri plagerized it from somewhere.

• Love 1

LOL Meri is SO excited to drive through Bend, Oregon.  She's always wanted to drive through Bend!

Hey Meri, here's a suggestion.  How about you actually stop there! Duh.  

What the fuck, seriously .. LOL thanks for posting that ginger90, I needed a laugh today.  

• Love 4