Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

No clue how to link on this tablet. Meri now has a tweet that begins, "no matter the haters and unbelievers.." oh my. It's always haters but "unbelievers" is a new one for me!!

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What is the point of that tweet? What is Meri trying to accomplish or communicate? It seems rather random. I sense some kind of purpose but I can't figure out what it is. Is she trying to explain away something or throw subtle shade somehow? 

It's a passive-aggressive dig at Jenelle, I imagine. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It's a passive-aggressive dig at Jenelle, I imagine. 

Not that I doubt Meri would pass up a chance to needle Janelle, but why should Janelle be bothered by Christine and Robyn bonding?  Do you think it's because Janelle and Christine have been close over the years or something?  And Meri thinks Janelle should be jealous?  

Hmph. I have the funny feeling that Christine and Robyn would be just fine if Janelle wanted to join their little duo and make it into a trio. Neither one of them seem to have a problem with her.  I would think that to the extent Janelle keeps to herself, it is because she wants to.  Unlike Meri who is a miserable dark cloud that sucks the fun out of any situation and I doubt anyone wants to be around. 

I wish Janelle would take up with Christine and Robyn and proceed to tweet happy pictures of the three of them doing things while Meri sits her lying, bitter ass home alone.  It would serve her right. 

• Love 8
On 7/3/2016 at 2:06 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

What is the point of that tweet? What is Meri trying to accomplish or communicate? It seems rather random. I sense some kind of purpose but I can't figure out what it is. Is she trying to explain away something or throw subtle shade somehow? 

I know this is my age showing, but I have such rage for people who use social media to "communicate" things passive-aggressively, or to be purposefully vague, or to tell the virtual world how happy and wonderful their lives are, etc.  What is Meri trying to communicate?  To me, it sounds like she's trying to dig at both Christine (see, your daughter is living with another wife so I'm not the only one with a sucky mother-daughter relationship!) and Janelle (look, there's a party and you're not invited!) in order to give herself a satisfying, if very brief, chance to throw a little shade someone else's way in order to feel like she's being successful at clawing her way back up towards the top of the Kody totem pole.

• Love 7

I don't follow them on Twitter but encounter occasional tweets in different places (here, CJ's blog, etc.). I can recall thinking Meri's public interactions with/about the CF were pretty bold - and stupid - as they unfolded in real time. 

I get the idea that direct, honest communication that most of us take for granted in healthy relationships really is a foreign concept.

• Love 3
On 6/6/2016 at 10:55 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wonder if Meri was as outspoken and blunt back when Jenelle joined the family. She seems to have little trouble speaking her mind now - except if it might upset Kody, apparently. I wonder if years of frustration from having to tap dance around His Hairness has warped her personality at all. I only started watching this show in earnest last season so I have missed a lot. 

I can see how a person could become really passive-aggressive in this atmosphere. And being the recipient of that can feel just as bad as getting screamed at. I can understand Jenelle just withdrawing. 

Is Meri ever really blunt about anything deep? She seems to pride herself in telling it like it is, but it looks to me like that's true mainly when the emotional stakes aren't too high  

I have no point, here. I am just musing on the interesting dynamics between them all. 

Probably easier to get all control freak over small things you can control as a coping mechanism for blowing off the huge things you can't which someone else gets the 'final word' on.  This personality thing happens in non-plyg households as well. I see both Meri and Janelle as having developed their own 'style' of coping in reaction to all the constant Brown chaos over the years , another wife, (then all the would-be wives that didn't work out) crazy number of kids, oh look, we're moving again, our financial goose is cooked-here let's sign up another wife to be the 'on-paper' responsible person, not to mention exponential extended family drama what with unkeeptrackable amount of relatives..

On 6/6/2016 at 11:38 AM, StayingAfterSunday said:

What I just don't get is how Christine and Jenelle, who are both Kody's "spiritual wives," can suddenly appear to be so accepting of Robyn, who has now become Kody's only legal (i.e. "real" wife).  But that's a whole other topic for another section of this forum, no doubt.

I mean, is she tweeting any new info that hasn't been seen on the show? Was all that just for show, or was it real? Like myself and others were mentioning before, it sadly does seem that when one relationship sort of hits a 'lull' , it somehow adds fuel to the others as if the deck had become shuffled to one's advantage, to the other's detriment- ugh- but who knows what is 'rill' and what is make-believe in all this? It kind of seems like Christine is still play-acting to me, while she may not have quite the resentment she once had, I still see awkwardness and some amount of forced jollity. Is Meri trying to elicit a response, either people still doubting or more fawning like 'that's so awesome, you all are sooo speshul!' Maybe she is trying to send a message to the catfish, like look how much stronger we are now as a unit, we're fixing all our weak points.. any way you interpret it, it's still show material in the end.
It does suck for Meri that because of catfishgate, she has likely isolated herself further.

On 7/3/2016 at 3:00 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Not that I doubt Meri would pass up a chance to needle Janelle, but why should Janelle be bothered by Christine and Robyn bonding?  Do you think it's because Janelle and Christine have been close over the years or something?  And Meri thinks Janelle should be jealous?  

Hmph. I have the funny feeling that Christine and Robyn would be just fine if Janelle wanted to join their little duo and make it into a trio. Neither one of them seem to have a problem with her.  I would think that to the extent Janelle keeps to herself, it is because she wants to.  Unlike Meri who is a miserable dark cloud that sucks the fun out of any situation and I doubt anyone wants to be around. 

I wish Janelle would take up with Christine and Robyn and proceed to tweet happy pictures of the three of them doing things while Meri sits her lying, bitter ass home alone.  It would serve her right. 

Well, it could also be taken as an invite to the question: if those two actually are 'better friends', (which I kind of don't believe), are then Meri and Janelle also better, or even somewhat friends as well now? I don't have the same ire for Meri as you are posting. Whatever they say about how legal stuff doesn't count in their world, I still think the legal divorce was hard on her, 'all about the kids' or not.  I suppose it could be said she didn't technically 'lie' as can one really be having a thing with a fictional character?  Then one can get into splitting hairs about the difference between what one actually did or did not do and what one could or would have done if 'Sam' were 'ril'  - but that's all rather immaterial at this point. So is it truly a lie if the whole thing were a lie? Seems to me more sad than anything.

I find myself wondering more about if any of them will get a job before the TV money runs out. I know, I know, that's 'hater' talk.  They almost have to get #5 on board to keep justifying season after season of the same old stuff and they are going to run out of kids old enough to be married for show. My antivirus still alerts on their  swcloset website which the kodster still has up on his twitter, I wonder if they ever fixed that or it really is just a front for a tax write-off.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, BlackWidow said:

I don't have the same ire for Meri as you are posting. Whatever they say about how legal stuff doesn't count in their world, I still think the legal divorce was hard on her, 'all about the kids' or not.  I suppose it could be said she didn't technically 'lie' as can one really be having a thing with a fictional character?  Then one can get into splitting hairs about the difference between what one actually did or did not do and what one could or would have done if 'Sam' were 'ril'  - but that's all rather immaterial at this point. So is it truly a lie if the whole thing were a lie? Seems to me more sad than anything.

I couldn't care less about whether Meri lied about the Catfish or whose idea the divorce was. That has zero to do with why I have such contempt for her. 

What bothers me about Meri is that she is a jealous, controlling, selfish person who is snide and insulting to her sister wives (Janelle in particular) and she is extremely passive aggressive in general.  She's a resentful troublemaker and her tweet is a perfect example. 

I realize her marriage sucks and she was publicly humiliated by the Catfish -  and yeah, it is sad, I agree.  But pity for her regarding those aspects of her life is not enough for me to overlook her annoying personality and need to make the people around her feel "less than."  

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I couldn't care less about whether Meri lied about the Catfish or whose idea the divorce was. That has zero to do with why I have such contempt for her. 

What bothers me about Meri is that she is a jealous, controlling, selfish person who is snide and insulting to her sister wives (Janelle in particular) and she is extremely passive aggressive in general.  She's a resentful troublemaker and her tweet is a perfect example. 

I realize her marriage sucks and she was publicly humiliated by the Catfish -  and yeah, it is sad, I agree.  But pity for her regarding those aspects of her life is not enough for me to overlook her annoying personality and need to make the people around her feel "less than."  

I have no idea what she is like in 'rill life' , it ALL is starting to just seem so fake.  She may have her bitchy moments,  but I suppose I have been up against bigger than she, lol, so she doesn't rate as far as being this evil, contemptible shrew.  It's all in perspective. Honestly, I don't know that she is smart enough to be super calculating and conniving with her tweets.  I think her 'fake-authoritative tone' is a total front, like someone who plays at being the CEO but has no idea what is going on and likes it that way. More like the co-worker that you know talks crap behind your back but you don't sweat it because you feel kind of bad for her, not because she must be 'in a bad place right now' but just her whole situation. They all seem sort of 'held back' a grade or two as far as their naivete and just in general. I don't know , if I had to put up with Kodfish all these years, I'd probably be much worse than any of them.  Meh, more inspiration for the role-play thread.

• Love 1

Still going on about this? The voicemails are real. Meri scratching Sam into her arm was real. 

Yes but in Robun's addled mind,she apparently feels that if she posts her version of reality often enough, we'll somehow buy it.  Like that cockamamie portrait. But then she's firing only a few neurons at any one time so even her dog is smarter than she is.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Still going on about this? The voicemails are real. Meri scratching Sam into her arm was real. 

I think they're saying all this for the fans who haven't delved deeply into the catfish scandal. I think a lot of the viewers who watch this show don't go looking for other sites other than official fan sites on social media to discuss every detail and ferret out the slightest hint of scandal -- those viewers are most likely going to believe the Brown's/TLC's spin on the incident.

Those of us who've discussed the show and the various personalities on this forum, sought out rumors at other sites, and followed the catfish saga from every angle aren't going to believe the spin.

I'm with BlackWidow in thinking a lot of this is all fake. I've read elsewhere that people who've met the family say that Meri is the warmest and friendliest, and I've seen pictures (and seen on the show) Meri with many of the kids (making cookies, going to see the lights, Dayton running directly to her after coming home from visiting his bio-dad, etc) -- so I don't think she's a 100% horrible, evil, mean, beyotch. But...neither is she Miss Perfect-Snow White-Mary Poppins--like most people, she probably has her good and her bad moments. What we see on the show is TLC's edit, not necessarily real life.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

What "read" is she talking about?  The Catfisher's books?  CJ's blog?  These threads here on PTV?  If she's so sure none of it was real, why is she giving it any weight by reading about it?

Please...she puts King Sol and Princess Arialala to bed, curls up on the couch with a glass of wine and reads all about it.  And I'm sure, for Robyn, it is a pretty fun read.  I don't believe for one second that none of the wives have no clue what Meri put out there.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, BlackWidow said:

She may have her bitchy moments,  but I suppose I have been up against bigger than she, lol, so she doesn't rate as far as being this evil, contemptible shrew.  It's all in perspective. 

My perspective us just fine, thanks. Believe me, I have known more than a few truly evil shrews in my day, women who would make Meri Brown flee in terror.  I would never mistake Meri for one of their kind. Meri couldn't carry a real evil shrew's handbag.

That being said, I must say that I don't really feel I have characterized Meri as an "evil shrew" at all.  The term implies a level of aggressive malevolence I don't believe Meri has shown.  I've mentioned a number of character flaws but nothing that would merit her being described in such harsh terms. It's rather a straw man argument to suggest I have.

6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I thought Robyn was supposed to be the wise, insightful, empathetic one. Why is she bringing this up again and suggesting it's "a fun read" ??? She has to know she is only drawing more attention to the whole thing.  Sheesh, Robyn, why not just provide a link to the Batshit blog while you're at it?

It can't be an accident. Is this a ploy to stir interest or a bit of payback for Meri's tweet about her and Christine?  Is she trying to impress Kody somehow?  It's just can odd thing to post at this point. You'd think Robyn would want this put into the past. But apparently not. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought Robyn was supposed to be the wise, insightful, empathetic one. Why is she bringing this up again and suggesting it's "a fun read" ??? She has to know she is only drawing more attention to the whole thing.  Sheesh, Robyn, why not just provide a link to the Batshit blog while you're at it?

It can't be an accident. Is this a ploy to stir interest or a bit of payback for Meri's tweet about her and Christine?  Is she trying to impress Kody somehow?  It's just can odd thing to post at this point. You'd think Robyn would want this put into the past. But apparently not. 

Perhaps she's attempting to drum up book sales for Overton and her dear ol' friend Kendra.  it is to laugh, "Sam" bragged on his stupid blog that he's rec'd Amazon royalty checks of $25k, but apparently Overton failed to realize that the actual sales counts of books, even drivel such as this, is public information.  As of yesterday, she's sold 133 copies of "Almost Meri'd" since March.  I'm guessing that 123 of those sales were to herself.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6

Maybe a professor made it required reading for their abnormal psychology class.  That could account for a few dozen copies being sold.  A handful of people probably bought it by mistake.  The rest were probably given as gag gifts. 

Where did you find the sales figures, Dakota?  Was there a mention of how many copies "Almost Defame'd" has sold?  I am guessing it hasn't reached double digits yet. 

• Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe a professor made it required reading for their abnormal psychology class.  That could account for a few dozen copies being sold.  A handful of people probably bought it by mistake.  The rest were probably given as gag gifts. 

Where did you find the sales figures, Dakota?  Was there a mention of how many copies "Almost Defame'd" has sold?  I am guessing it hasn't reached double digits yet. 

It's a site called Novelrank.com. They probably get their stats directly from Amazon or Neilsen which also rates book sales, didn't even think of looking up the other one or for that matter the Browns' Magnum opus. 

I'm betting that Overton is buying the books using different accounts. She gets 70% of the money back... So i guess it's worth it to her to keep the facade going. 

image.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 2

TEN, lol.  Well, I was close. 

I am sure the Catfish will quickly explain how your source doesn't account for X,Y, and Z and she really did earn 25K book profits, I guess mostly through her blog and the books she sent by mental telepathy and crap.  How funny.  This is better than the time she claimed she had just bought her newborns "winter coats." lol.  I laughed until I cried over that one!  The cluelessness just amazes me.

I can't wait until the sales figures are in for "Lindsay's" book.  I am sure it will be another blockbuster.  Thanks for the stats, Dakota

• Love 1

I'm guessing that Robyn's tweet isn't related to the catfish, but to Kendra's story being told in the tabloids now about Kody searching for a new wife. There were texts purportedly from Robyn to Kendra several months ago, and I don't remember what it was about but I remember someone posting how fake they were and why. Like the time stamps were off or the battery was at zero percent, the typical screw ups.

• Love 2

Well that makes a little more sense, I guess. I still don't understand why Robyn would choose to draw attention to the Kendra stories either, though. I guess it's hard to let certain things pass without making some kind comment, even when it's obviously wiser to say nothing at all. But she's really just feeding into the tabloid news cycle by responding. 

I just wish the comments they do choose to make on social media weren't these vague, cryptic statements intended to make people guess.  I agree with what laurakaye posted up above ... that annoys me.  It's so passive aggressive.  I'd rather someone go into full rant mode than put out some mysterious message they expect people to decipher. It would actually be a lot be less self important. 

• Love 2
On 7/6/2016 at 9:31 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

My perspective us just fine, thanks. Believe me, I have known more than a few truly evil shrews in my day, women who would make Meri Brown flee in terror.  I would never mistake Meri for one of their kind. Meri couldn't carry a real evil shrew's handbag.

That being said, I must say that I don't really feel I have characterized Meri as an "evil shrew" at all.  The term implies a level of aggressive malevolence I don't believe Meri has shown.  I've mentioned a number of character flaws but nothing that would merit her being described in such harsh terms. It's rather a straw man argument to suggest I have.

Oh no, I didn't mean to suggest you said she was a shrew or to imply you did. I meant her not being 'evil shrew' as far as her being calculating or sinister re the tweet or just in general- we're both in agreement she's not.  What I meant by perspective is that we all only know what we see portrayed on the show, and via whatever other media, twitter, etc., and some of us are harder on her for whatever reason , her relationship with Janelle, or whether or not viewers care whether it is considered 'emotionally cheating' on the kodster, or the wet bar, or the little happy messages on those awful posters in her house or weird clothes and so on. Be it far from me to tell anyone here not to be  'judgey' lol, that's kind of the point of these silly forums, is it not? In any case, not trying to put words in your mouth by any stretch,only saying *I* don't think she is calculating enough to be putting whatever out there as some kind of a dig on Janelle or just that in my opinion she doesn't strike me as the calculating type who sits around plotting. As you were saying about also having known real 'evil shrews', none of these women even rate.

They seem to not grasp how clueless they are, even when they are trying to appear 'I have my sw's back, look, I don't believe the stuff that's out there, let's all laugh at how funny it is'. This isn't working as far as mocking the catfish. Do they really want to re-engage with this kind of a person? Attention and recognition is what they crave, for them to bring this up even after almost a year now? only serves to legitimize the catfish as still relevant or worse, catfish will take it as a thinly-veiled challenge to produce more stuff and put it out there. Unless of course they are trying to keep this storyline alive.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Mya said:

Is Meri's house bigger than the other wives square footage wise? It sure looks bigger on TV then the other ones.

Possibly.  I think I remember something about how she had to add another room to get the wet bar.

1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Possibly.  I think I remember something about how she had to add another room to get the wet bar.

I remember that too, and I also remember wondering why an entire room had to be added to gain the precious wet bar.  Can't a wet bar just be built into an existing kitchen - especially one as big as the kitchen in Meri's house?

I still find it humorous that Meri insisted on justifying the wet bar because her house could be the family gathering spot.  How's that working out, Mer?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I still find it humorous that Meri insisted on justifying the wet bar because her house could be the family gathering spot.  How's that working out, Mer?

Well, I guess she couldn't come right out and say her house is the only one capable of hosting their pyramid scam parties since it is the cleanest!

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Right? I think every party this year has been at Christine's!

(edited)

I have explained the wet bar before but I'll do it again.  The development where they bought the houses was pre-planned and pre-approved.  The county had given approval to one basic houseplan with I think 4 options.  They had to pick an option as already approved by the county or pay for an architect to draw the new plan and go through the entire approval process for that plan.  Meri wanted the wet bar and with that came all the other design changes on that alternative. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8

That's how I remember it too, Absolom. I'm also pretty sure the square footage is the same, it was only the layout on the inside that changed, and there were options for the siding a yards. 

17 hours ago, Absolom said:

I have explained the wet bar before but I'll do it again.  The development where they bought the houses was pre-planned and pre-approved.  The county had given approval to one basic houseplan with I think 4 options.  They had to pick an option as already approved by the county or pay for an architect to draw the new plan and go through the entire approval process for that plan.  Meri wanted the wet bar and with that came all the other design changes on that alternative. 

Thanks for the explanation and the floor plan pictures. 

• Love 3

Ok, so I'm looking at the houseplan and visualizing it as Robyn's layout. Obviously she has the master downstairs and probably made the office/exercise room the shared room for Sol & baby. Dayun probably has his own room; Niece Mindy must have her own room. So either the 2 teenage girls are sharing a room so that Aspyn has a room, or Robyn has the 5 bedroom plan which would give each teenage daughter their own room. Regardless, I'd sure hate to clean that monstrosity.

• Love 1

I can't remember if Robyn got the fifth bedroom option.  I'm pretty sure someone did.  Janelle made the upstairs bonus room into a bedroom.  Robyn got the hobby room without wetbar option so she may have that as a bedroom now.

All I think about when I see those floor plans is all the cleaning involved. 

One of the last episodes I watched was when Christine's and Janelle's sons got into a fairly violent fight and Kody had to get off his lazy ass in an attempt to stop it while Janelle made stupid excuses about hormones or testosterone or some such. Anyway, even though they'd been moved in for some time by then i remember there were still boxes and piles of crap everywhere. 

I bet Meri has most of her house closed off upstairs so she doesn't have to spent her life cleaning, although really she probably doesn't have anything better to do.

8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

All I come away with is - what does ONE woman need 3,850 sq feet for? I've got 5 people living in 1,000 sq feet. It works. 

Lots of rooms to cry in and go to bed alone in. 

The Vegas real estate market has rebounded some.. I'm surprised they still have this house. Unless they make so much off of these dummies that buy LIV that they have continued purpose for Meri's house. 

• Love 1
On 7/9/2016 at 6:09 AM, auntl said:

Janelle and Christine always seemed to tolerate Meri's greed with minimal complaint. Robyn seemed to too, but she had an ulterior motive. During the first couple years of Robyn and Kody's marriage, Robyn let Meri think that she was still the head honcho that would get everything she wanted. While Meri was happily thinking she was winning in her huge house that she didn't need, Robyn was gradually taking over the top spot without Meri even realizing it. Robyn is slick.

Oh I don't think any of them are 'winning'. I don't hold it against her that her place is as big or the same as the others, but the idea of 'top spot' is just so gross. The whole culture of jockeying for position or constantly wondering who is where on the totem pole is awful. From watching them for years, and kody's constant clueless look, it seems he isn't very deep with any of them, even if he knows the right BS to say after he has repeatedly blown in from how he acts, what he says,  or just the uncaring attitude. It just doesn't seem like he gives a crap outside of making things easier for himself and not having anyone be upset because it sucks for him when they are. I don't know, is it possible to even help someone who comes across rather shallowly? Even if their behavior changes, does that mean they actually care more, or are they just trying to avoid hassle?

Now that #4 is past the free and easy-breezy honeymoon phase, it's probably not that way with any of them, hence why he is likely looking for wife 5, and I'm thinking that might be the reason #4  was kind of being a pill on the tell all. That and he is probably mad that she is or was still talking to this kendra person who is putting out stuff to the gossip rags, and he is probably more mad that it might somehow screw up his ace in the hole for negotiations for next season than her or any of them being unhappy about it.

• Love 2
On 7/6/2016 at 4:41 PM, DakotaJustice said:

It's a site called Novelrank.com. They probably get their stats directly from Amazon or Neilsen which also rates book sales, didn't even think of looking up the other one or for that matter the Browns' Magnum opus. 

I'm betting that Overton is buying the books using different accounts. She gets 70% of the money back... So i guess it's worth it to her to keep the facade going. 

image.jpeg

I see someone finally let some light into her belfry. She previously had the price for Meri'd at a straight $10, which disqualified the book from earning 70%. Amazon is quite clear that the window for the 70% royalty rate is a cover price from $2.99 to $9.99. Price points above or below can only earn 35%. So for a good long time, she screwed herself out of half her royalties by failing to read the instructions--and all for an extra penny. She has the other abomination selling at $9.99...for 70 pages! 

• Love 3

Just when you think Kody couldn't be more douchey, he goes and puts on red plastic sunglasses.  That man is just impossible to like, I swear. 

Christine looks really great in that pic, and Janelle looks like she might have lost a few pounds.   Where's Robyn?  Is little Rubella or whatever her name is too small to take on the road or something?  But didn't they take her to Hawaii when she was like five seconds old?  What gives?  Don't tell me Robyn stayed home to watch the horde of kids left behind ... 

Who is at home watching all the kids, anyway?  How long does this Block Party thing last?  Did they just fly in and out in one day perhaps? 

• Love 5
On 7/9/2016 at 1:18 PM, DakotaJustice said:

All I think about when I see those floor plans is all the cleaning involved. 

I think of all the empty space that must be cooled and heated.

And why couldn't they just have a contractor come in after they bought the house and ADD a wet bar?  Unless their arrangement prohibited and major changes?

And why couldn't they just have a contractor come in after they bought the house and ADD a wet bar?  Unless their arrangement prohibited and major changes?

Because Queen Meri wants what she wants.  And logic is contrary to the Brown mental processes.  There is absolutely no logic to their decision making.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Because Queen Meri wants what she wants.  And logic is contrary to the Brown mental processes.  There is absolutely no logic to their decision making.

Because they wouldn't be able to roll it in to the mortgage.  No way could they pay for it any other way

• Love 12
12 hours ago, toodles said:

Because they wouldn't be able to roll it in to the mortgage.  No way could they pay for it any other way

Exactly.  If they were to have had a contractor come in and install it, they would have had to have money to pay for it.   Add it into the mortgage, and it's like "free" to them.  Brown financial logic...

• Love 2

Janelle had to make a decision between the patio deck and something else, and she decided to just pour a concrete pad outside the door because she could do it herself cheaper. The other addition she would have to pay another contractor to do and she wanted it rolled into the mortgage instead. Blanking on what it was.