Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: The Shades Of It All

• Start Topic

About time Cynthia stood up to Papa Smurf. Now, if only she would hide her checkbook, or leave him.

I think hell has frozen over now that Sheree and Marlo are friends.

Which one will be completed first? Chateau Sheree or Moore Manor?

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 11

So was Cynthia the only one who was surprised by the news about Peter?

Porsha gets dumber and cheaper every season, and by "cheaper", I do not mean "thrifty".

The editors must have switched the footage of Kenya and Sheree's homes.

Wow, what happened to Riley?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 10

Kandi's breasts need their own zipcode.

Cynthia responded to the question of whether she's attracted to Peter like I do when asked if I want extra vegetables with dinner.

"Uh, yeah, I guess...."

• Love 13

Malorie was tacky for dishing her conversation with Cynthia to the other ladies. That's something you don't do, when you have Kenya of all people saying it's not wise to do that, you know you're in the wrong. I mean really, did they really need to know that Cynthia isn't attracted to Peter when he's naked. That's information that even I wouldn't want to hear. 

Who owes Todd money? Apollo or Phaedra? If it's Phaedra then Todd needs to ask Phaedra himself and not have Kandi do it, if it's Apollo then uhhh...he's never going to see that money. Government is going to see that money first. 

I wish Phaedra would stop with that southern bell shit, because she is far from it. She's still sticking to that schtick?

That video of Peter is inappropriate, you don't lean in and grab a woman by her neck and slowly move your hand down, grazing her breast. That would piss me off and Peter wouldn't like it if Cynthia was caught doing that.

Kenya vs Sheree should be fun. 

• Love 13

If anyone was doubting Peter wanting to hold a peach in the opening - that scene between him and Kenya should eliminate any doubt ever!!  

I felt like he was filling NeNe's shoes, screaming, yelling, cussing, throwing a hissy fit....what a pompous ass!!  For someone who says he doesn't give a fu*k about "women's bizness", he certainly was giving some off some bitchy attitude.

Overall, I was fairly bored with this season opener - just more of the same stupidity - amped up and over the top.

Only parts I liked were Phaedra with her boys (they are adorable!!), and Kandi and Todd at the doctor's office.

BTW - did anyone else notice Sheree's neck veins starting to pop when she was agruing with Kenya?     ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

I stopped watching last season, it had become too fake and forced. Kenya was/is always ON/acting, Nene was always defensive/angry, Cynthia is always up someones butt, Kandi needs a reality check, Phaedra needs a reality check as well and Porsha, needs to grow up and find someone to teach her about classing it up instead of cheaping everything down. Even though Nene is not a full HW, nothing has changed with any of the other women! This is the least believable group of HWs Bravo has on any HW show IMO.

• Love 4

I still remain baffled as to why Cynthia married Peter. Even before their marriage, she wasn't feeling him, so I can't be too surprised that she isn't sexually attracted to him.  However, I do wonder if she really feels that way, or she just said that on camera to embarrass him like he did her.

"I didn't think it was a big deal." God, Peter will always be a dick.

See, this is why I never could with Kenya.  She stays saying slick shit, then wants to know why she's the common denominator for trouble.

Todd's lack of getting dressed up for these events bothers me.  It's as if he doesn't own anything else but white t-shirts.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 11

Boring.

What was that about Nene being the reason for all the drama on this show?

I'm happy for kandi even though she still can't dress worth a damn. You've BEEN a medium indeed.

Porsha is still gorgeous. That guy is hideous. I know it's a storyline but still...yuck.

Nice to see Sheree back, and friendly with Marlo to boot.

Kenya is still messy and lame. Ugh.

Cynthia stays losing. She's just ridiculously stupid and annoying to me. She deserves papa smurph and all the misery that comes along with him.

Phaedra still makes me laugh.

Meh. I'm giving it one more episode.

• Love 3
What was that about Nene being the reason for all the drama on this show?

LOL.  I decided to watch because I simply wanted to see what would happen when Nene wasn't around to focus on, and so far it's going pretty much as I expected.  By far the most interesting thing was finding out what was at the root of Kandi's distance from Phaedra, which again appears not to have anything at all to do with Nene.  

• Love 7

I loved that Andy asked on the after show who's house would be finished first... Kenya's or Sheree's. Now think for a minute... Sheree's house has been under construction... how many years??? And on property owned by her momma??

• Love 4

I didn't give it a thorough watch because my baby boy decided to come out & have dinner with his mama, so it was on in the background.  I did catch Todd's bitching to Kandi about Phaedra owing him money & he thinks Kandi needs to talk to her about it... UMM no, put your big boy drawers on & handle your own business, Todd.  And also can we stop talking about & taking Apollo's word for anything!  He clearly isn't a trustworthy source of information.  When Todd said why would he lie to me... because that is what he does Todd.  He's a liar who lies & is in prison for lying & stealing.  I normally like Todd, but that can change if he's gonna act like a jackass.

I don't know what to think about Kenya's house.  Doesn't she just live in Atlanta during filming?

Edited by Lucygirl2
  • Love 9

I laughed when Cynthia said the event was suppose to be about her. Oh Cynthia remember the last time something was suppose to be about you, when you had to get away from Peter and all his drama and you're suppose to have a relaxing weekend but it turned into Nene vs Kim drama. Sorry no matter whose event it is, it will never be about you.

• Love 9

Seeing Todd's face during the ultrasound was precious. The man is going to be a great father.

And he said "It's got a big head." Momma Joyce must have been rolling on the floor.

That Porsha and Phaedra scene was so rehearsed/scripted.... please, people, come up with a better dialogue. I don't know if it was the outfit, but Porsha looked a lot bigger than last season.

• Love 9

I knew when they let Sheree back on the show and that Nene wouldn't be that Kenya and Sheree would not be friends.  I for one am glad Sheree is back even though in the past I couldn't stand the woman.  It's just that I can't stand Kenya even more.  Although delusional and a narcissist to the core, Sheree is all the way real.  And she knows how to go for the jugular when provoked.  I can't wait to see her reduce Kenya to tears.  Kenya just doesn't realize that Sheree is the type of person who will go there, especially when she figures out her weakness, namely Kenya's relationship (or lack thereof) with her mother.  I just have a strong feeling that Sheree will take it there. 

Wow, Mallory really wants to see Cynthia and Peter divorced doesn't she?  To ask Cynthia that question about Peter's naked body was very strange, but even stranger was her repeating it to a group of women who about half of don't like Cynthia very much.  I wonder what Peter's reaction was when he watched this tonight and heard Cynthia's answer.

I wonder, will Kenya have some of those trees cleared away before she moves into that house?  With the thunderstorms and tornados that occur in the south, I would not feel comfortable having that many trees around my house.  Its very strange to me that she would want to live in the woods all by herself. 

Phaedra really looks pretty with the curly weave.  I hope she divorces Apollo.  He never stops disrespecting her even while in prison.  She can do so much better.

• Love 10

Phaedra's face looks odd. Is she doing a lot of Botox? Looks strange to me.

Phaedra looks like she's been doing a lot of crying and not getting very much sleep.  Her eyes had some serious bags under them and I'm wondering if she's really as financially sound as she would like for everyone to believe.  With all of her businesses and projects, why hasn't Todd been paid?  I'm not sure all of her businesses are paying off like she thought they would.  After watching the show each season, there is no way I would hire her as a lawyer or as a mortician.  I bet paying for school and paying for lawyers to handle her marital affairs is taking its toll on Phaedra's finances big time and we know she's not getting any spousal support from her convict husband so she's all on her own.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

Phaedra may be paying for the stuff Apollo owes, since they are married and they might be coming for her. Which may be why she is saying on the show she's filing for divorce.

I never cared much for Mal until this episode, she's a good sister. Saying what needs to be said direct to Cynthia. At the party.... noooooo.

I'm sorry, but Porsha in that white dress jumping around with the headphones at Cynthia's party.... girl, bye.

• Love 3

Kenya once again starting shit then acting surprised. Acting being the key word. She is so fake and rehearsed. She is the reason I stopped watching. She doesn't even try to base the character she is playing in reality. Everything is over the top and glaringly fake.

But I give biggest cast of faking fakes to Orange County.

This is why they lose viewers. They insult our intelligence by saying it is real.

• Love 8

So. Todd wants to cry to kandi about his missing thousands from 2 years ago, like he didn't chill with Apollo at strip clubs with that jailbird wasting thousands on strippers?  Well friend, if you didn't get Apollo to handle your business for you, don't ask Kandi. You're a real live producer of things, get up off your ass and get your money from Phaedra your damn self.

• Love 15

Kenya once again starting shit then acting surprised. Acting being the key word. She is so fake and rehearsed. She is the reason I stopped watching. She doesn't even try to base the character she is playing in reality. Everything is over the top and glaringly fake.

On WWHL, Kandi said that she doesn't think Kenya started the argument with Sheree.  I was like "Say what bitch?!"  The actual moment when it went from, "I actually live about 500 feet from you Sheree.", to the snarky comment about complaining neighbors was one of those record scratch moments and everyone got real quiet after she said it so I don't know why Kandi is acting all new like she wasn't standing right there when it happened.  I guess since Kandi and Phaedra aren't as close as they once were, Kandi feels she needs to be on the Kenya love train now.  smdh

ETA - I've always loved Kim Fields from her young years to her adult projects.  I hope her being on this show doesn't make me hate her. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9

WTh with Apollo's motor cycles at Todd;s and Kandi;s house.  Are the Feds going to have to come checking what else they are keeping for Apollo?

Phaedra looked worn down.  I thought her mother looked fresher.

Phaedra and Porsha giving out marital advice regarding Cynthia...please, with both of you.

I thought the episode was ok.  From my experience, RHOA never starts off super strong.  Heck, we havent even met Tootie yet.

• Love 6

So. Show was just as good in the good parts, and just as boring in the boring parts as ever. Which means Nene or not, nothing changed a whit. Away from home in a hotel room with few channels that aren't news or sports, so watched despite not having my DVR forwarding powers. I paid for that having to watch Porsha's foolishness and Phaedra's usual attempts at Phooling us into believing whatever she wants us to think about her life. Porsha: "I don't know, I haven't seen his dick," cut to a hotel scene and conversation that makes it ABUNDANTLY clear it won't be the first time she's going to "see his dick."  But good for you for finally admitting you were a fronting liar in your first marriage.

I felt like the season storyline is Kenya vs. Sheree. The argument was so stupid and awkward there's no way it was organic. I have seen Kenya on enough things to know she's playing that shit up. Come on, all that pageant shit is ingrained, she knows very well how to be gracious, as she is in other circumstances. I get keeping your peach, but I really wish she'd say no to being the antagonist sometimes.

On WWHL, Kandi said that she doesn't think Kenya started the argument with Sheree.  I was like "Say what bitch?!"  The actual moment when it went from, "I actually live about 500 feet from you Sheree.", to the snarky comment about complaining neighbors was one of those record scratch moments and everyone got real quiet after she said it so I don't know why Kandi is acting all new like she wasn't standing right there when it happened.  I guess since Kandi and Phaedra aren't as close as they once were, Kandi feels she needs to be on the Kenya love train now.  smdh

I don't want to throw the editing card, but maybe in this case, Kandi is speaking from hearing the entire conversation. I don't think she's on anyone's love train, as Kandi is the one consistent person to call any and everybody out, regardless. (Her own mother notwithstanding - I mean these chicks). I'm not normally one to notice these things, but there's a point at the start where Kenya starts says something and the sentence is cut and the words "your house" is added, and it sounds completely different. The camera is also not on her face. I don't know if that had anything to do with anything, but it's odd. Like, maybe she said something general, Sheree responded aggressively, and then it was on. The sentence might have been doctored and the order of retorts changed to lead the conversation into the type of fight they wanted.  

I'm not trying to defend Kenya in the least, because she clearly took the bait to even bring up the damned house, but come on, there's no WAY they were letting the first big meeting of all the women happen without Chateau Sheree coming up. Sheree should have been prepared, and not let them see her sweat. Oh wait, probably a bad analogy considering how much she was actually sweating tonight ...

Moving on ... Marlo! She's the worst of everything ... but if loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I was inexplicably giddy seeing her. Not to mention, she was got damned SLAYING in that outfit. I've missed good fashion in Atlanta since Cynthia's pre-fibroid seasons. Speaking of ... welcome back, Cynthia Bailey. Good start, you seem to have remembered you're a NYC model who was transplanted to the Atlanta 'burbs, and not the other way around. Please don't disappoint in future episodes. 

• Love 11

I absolutely loved Marlo's top.  And Portia's black and white dress, although it was a tad too short.  I also liked Kenya's house, and thought that the lot was absolutely amazing. 

Now Kandi knows good and well that she couldn't fit into that small before she was pregnant.  In the words for Phaedra, "chile please!"  Pregnancy definitely agrees with her, just not her boobs.

Portia's boyfriend doesn't seem too bright, but more power to her for getting some 24 year old D. 

• Love 4

Did Sheree climb out of a molehill? I don't understand why she looks so unkempt with that oily ass face and that bird's nest on her head. Is times hard or nah? She's giving me straight up drunk teas.

Why do I like this new Porsha? She seems fun and happy. She lied talking about she never seen that man penis. Chile he must be HUNG because he is not cute or attractive at all. She knows that DM had a pick of that DK! Anywho I am going to give Porsha a chance as long as she keeps it cute.

I fell the hell out laughing when Mallorie asked Cynthia if she was attracted to Peter when he's naked and Cynthia said "No".

Cynn looking dumb out the gate smh. Girl is fine as hell though 

Typical Kenya, start shit and then play victim. I don't get the fascination with this woman.

• Love 8

They all looked strange to me, but that might be my old TV and my cataracts.

Why do I like this new Porsha? She seems fun and happy. She lied talking about she never seen that man penis. Chile he must be HUNG because he is not cute or attractive at all.

I'm glad you brought that up instead of me.  Porsha's bad taste is not limited to her clothing.

• Love 3

Nene who? Not missed at all. 

Looks like Phae finally got her weaves right. She looks good. 

Kandi is pretty when pregnant.

Cynthia- now we know that scumbag doesn't even turn you on so get a divorce already. You still have the looks to get someone of Leon's caliber. 

The shade between Kenya and Sheree was everything!!

Does it bother anyone else that Todd and Peter are such good friends with that criminal douchbag Apollo? What does that say about them?  I would be telling my husband to let that friendship go and get his shit off my property! I don't blame Phaedra for being a lil' pissed about that. 

Porsha with the bling and fancy car. Please. Where's she getting all that? Not from that part time radio gig. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

"Only God can judge me. And He seems QUITE IMPRESSED."

oookay Phaedra.

If Phaedra is communicating with God I would think he/she/it would be doing a better job of conveying some truisms, like, I don't know, "YOUR MAN IS A THIEVING NO GOOD LIAR!"

Or words to that effect........

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 16

Marlo and Sheree's mating call argument in South Africa will always be funny.  Highlight of the episode was the flashback to that trip.

Did Kenya say that her house will be ready in three months? That sounds like a rush job. Maybe it's because I grew up in the city, so I don't have an appreciation for acres, but I don't like wooded area secluded homes. Seems like a horror movie setup.

• Love 9

Marlo and Sheree's mating call argument in South Africa will always be funny.  Highlight of the episode was the flashback to that trip.

Did Kenya say that her house will be ready in three months? That sounds like a rush job. Maybe it's because I grew up in the city, so I don't have an appreciation for acres, but I don't like wooded area secluded homes. Seems like a horror movie setup.

Does anyone know if Kenya has moved in yet, her 3 month timeline was up months ago. LOL

• Love 3

Was there really no room to turn the car around, forcing Kenya to have to leave by driving in reverse?

Wouldn't it be difficult to use that long winding driveway if it gets wet or ice on it?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 4

Ha who woulda thunk that Marlo would have been looking the best out of all the ladies at Cynthia's event?  But she sure did.  Her body is to die for, and that she was killing it in that outfit.

Sheree on the other hand? Oh how dreadful.

QuoteI don't know if it was the outfit, but Porsha looked a lot bigger than last season.

I don't think it was the outfit.  She's definitely larger than last season.  And, overall, I'll bet she's gained a good 20-30 pounds since Season 1.  That being said, she still looks fabulous. It's like she only gained it in her hips/ass and boobs.  I am jealous!

SFoster21, on 08 Nov 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Yeah she did look strange.  I was attributing it to her false eyelashes but it might be some fillers. I'm kinda bummed that she and Kandi are no longer friends.  I always enjoyed their scenes together. Now, if it weren't for those 2 ADORABLE sons of hers, I'd fast forward through Pha-Pha's segments entirely. 

Cynthia needs to learn how to have a smooth putting on and taking off the shades if she wants to be cool.  You have an eye wear brand dammit! Learn how to take them on and off without looking like a dork!

Wait, there's a cool and a dorky way to take off your sunglasses?  I seriously had no  idea.  I've probably been doing it the dorky way all this time! 

• Love 4

What was with that dramatic music and sound effects as Sheree was entering the party? It was like out of a movie when a mobster is approaching a crime scene or the beginning of Biggies Hypnotized video.

"Quit playing you've BEEN a medium for a while."

LOL Todd wasn't even being snarky just blunt and basically saying what I was thinking.

Sheree has an air about her that's off like she looks a little crazy. I think if her house wasn't in transition and her finances in the shit pan she'd have a peach. But the way things are now she can only film and have stories interacting with the HWs.

It is entirely possible Kenya's house will be completed in 6 months. If she has people working on it full time and the $ sure. I live in a neighborhood with houses that are comparable (1-6 million) and each customized to the owners taste and necessities. I'm amazing at how fast a few have gone up and moved in. I like she's going modern. Many of the HW have the styles of chalet or Tudor and turrets here and there.

• Love 3

What was with that dramatic music and sound effects as Sheree was entering the party? It was like out of a movie when a mobster is approaching a crime scene or the beginning of Biggies Hypnotized video.

It is entirely possible Kenya's house will be completed in 6 months. If she has people working on it full time and the $ sure. I live in a neighborhood with houses that are comparable (1-6 million) and each customized to the owners taste and necessities. I'm amazing at how fast a few have gone up and moved in. I like she's going modern. Many of the HW have the styles of chalet or Tudor and turrets here and there.

The dramatic music is definitely meant to build suspense, but because Sheree is such a disaster it ended up being a complete parody. Like when RHONJ's Dina showed up, there was a moment of <<::gasp::>> because, even though we were spoiled from the previews, she had previously been a fan favorite and people were excited to see her big comeback. Same with RHONY's Bethenny who, while polarizing, fan-wise, does have a rabid support base (plus the "love-to-hate-her" contingent) who all tuned in to see the moment she started stirring the shit. With Sheree, though, it was just actually LOL funny because she rolled in like a cat that got caught in a rainstorm with her janky-ass weave alternately frizzy and glued to her forehead, those seasonally-inappropriate leather pants when everyone else was in lightweight summer dresses (hell, Cynthia wore a damn swimsuit!). She looked like Jamie Foxx's Wanda doing a Sheree impression. I'm still giggling.

Most standard construction projects take about 12-16 weeks to complete. Obviously anytime you add custom details or long lead time finishes/fixtures, that adds both time and money to the project (I'm looking at you Dubrows), but neither one of these tricks knows the first thing about construction, or project management, or budget management. Yeah, keep on with your fronting Kenya, about how you have been searching for the perfect house that "feels like me" for 3 years and now you found it in this Grey-Gardens-looking cardboard monstrosity. Girl, BYE. You bought whatever was affordable in an "acceptable" zip code and now you're stuck with a money pit on your hands. Pretty soon you'll be begging to borrow an air mattress from Chateau Sheree so check yourself, Boo.

Regarding Porsha's awkward-as-hell booty call in the "romantic" airport Hyatt: I dies. She is so dumb, I swear. She "feel like a sugar momma" because she's getting played by a PIMP. I'm sorry, you love him cuz he's so into you, but he can't be arsed to drive the extra distance to come "own that ass" in your house? You have to get a hotel room so it's more CONVENIENT for him? ANd her grand romantic gesture was Cupcake champagne and a navy blue tshirt WHAT?! Haaaaaaahahahahahaha you just know Kordell and Kenya's ex Walter are having a beer together thanking the lord for the bullets they dodged. 

I'm also in the camp that just doesn't see the appeal in Porsha's shape. If she keeps up the way she has been she's going to be literally pear-shaped before she hits 35. 

Edited by MollyZee
  • Love 12

Problem is, that this season was filmed months ago and just last week Kenya put a picture up of her still unfinished house with not doors or windows.....so there's that..

• Love 13

Count me in on finding Sheree's intro music weird. I actually thought they had cut to commercial and they were showing a promo for another show or a commercial.

She must not have any money to pay Miss Lawrence because usually Sheree's makeup is on point and her hair and edges stay LAID.  She looked like she just walked out of a sauna.

If you had closed your eyes you would have sworn it was two dudes talking when Sheree and Marlo greeted each other.

I actually liked Porsha's white dress at the event. It just needed to be a size bigger, which is an ailment of about 70% of the housewives across all the franchises.

Phaedra's little caped number was cute too. Her weave game has moved up in the world. About time. 

ETA - I've always loved Kim Fields from her young years to her adult projects.  I hope her being on this show doesn't make me hate her. 

Me too. I love Kim Fields. Wasn't huge on Living Single but I have taken to watching Facts of Life reruns since they started airing on Logo. Nothing like a marathon of that and Golden Girls. I can't get shit done. LOL!

Kenya's house seems a bit too secluded among the trees and set back for me. I'd be afraid to live there if I were a single woman alone but more power to her.

• Love 7

I'm glad someone else brought up Sheree and Marlo's voices. They're masculine but Marlo also always sounds like she has a sinus issue.

Besides their voices Porsha has a squeaky cartoon voice, Phaedra has a very stagey almost Vaudevillian manner of speaking and intonation, Kandi's voice cracks on certain words, Kenya sometimes has a fake laugh and sound.

About Kenya's house a big house that isolated and surrounded by a shit load of dense trees is going to be dark as fuck. I don't know if she plans on getting another dog but its not really a dog friendly location for night walks or letting it out (a large bird would snatch a small dog up) and it'll be barking or startled by all the damn wildlife around in that area

• Love 2