Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E13: The Girl Who Took A Shot In The Dark

I don't look at enough fashion photos to know what's really good and what's not (I do know more designer names than Courtney though, heh), so I can't really tell if Mikey is bringing it more these days, but I thought his mouth was a tiny bit open in his shot and made him look like he's saying "duh."

I feel sorry for Devin.  I think he's pretty impulsive and hasn't had help to deal with that, pretty immature emotionally (see how he clung to the DMA thing so desperately), and just needs to grow up a bit.  Yes, he's a grown man already, but he's still young (I have a young adult son, so they all seem so young to me).  He is over the top about all the cuddlings and what not, but it's because he's trying to figure out a way to stay relevant in the group, and failing....despite missteps like taking Nyle's phone, I don't think he's mean, just thoughtless (Mikey can be pretty mean).

Tyra sure enjoys freezing people, doesn't she?  In graves...pools...the ocean...cabins in the woods....

I get that they were trying to freak the models out about the darkness and make it harder for them to concentrate, but once it became clear none of them would react to Yu Tsai's stupid story about the murderer, why did they even leave that in?  It seemed so pointless.

• Love 4

Ty'Isms/ANTM'isms List:

1. H2T

2. Booch

3. Tooch

4. Smize

5. no neck monster

6. Fierce-a-prenuer

7. Boom boom boom

8. Slinky-InkBeautytainer

9. Flawsome

10. Ty-Over

11. TyTyTips

13. Werk the Smirk

14. Pot Ledom (Which is Top Model spelled backwards

15. Emote

Edited by BrianJ62

Tyra-Isms

1. Smize
2. Booty Tooch/Juicy Booch/
3. Boom Boom Boom
4. H2T
5. Fierce-a-preneur
6. Booch
7. Beautytainer
8. Flawsome
9. Ty-Over
10. TyTyTips
11. Werk the Smirk
12. Pot Ledom (Which is Top Model spelled backwards)

I think Miss Jay came up with Slinky Ink.

You know I would really like to see Tyra guest star on The Walking Dead, no explanation needed. Her last words will be "I'm dying while smizing".

• Love 3

Tyra-Isms

1. Smize

3. Boom Boom Boom

4. H2T

5. Fierce-a-preneur

6. Booch

7. Beautytainer

8. Flawsome

9. Ty-Over

10. TyTyTips

11. Werk the Smirk

You know I would really like to see Tyra guest star on The Walking Dead, no explanation needed. Her last words will be "I'm dying while smizing".

13. Boom boom wow

14. Ty-ty chop

15. Banksigns

16. Fiercely real

17. Fierc-a-gram

Edited by VenusHalley

Tyra-Isms

1. Smize

3. Boom Boom Boom

4. H2T

5. Fierce-a-preneur

6. Booch

7. Beautytainer

8. Flawsome

9. Ty-Over

10. TyTyTips

11. Werk the Smirk

I should have said all the ANTM'isms not just Ty-Ty's

I've wondered if some of the contestants personas are scripted if not downright fake.

My cousin was on a reality (much to his embarrassment now haha) and the producers pushed him to stage a romance. It's whatever the producers tell them to do.

I was pretty apalled with this episode. Nyle's idea was easily the only good one but the photo shoot was just shameful. It's one thing to have the models to overcome something in their shoot but that was just completely unfair to him. Can you imagine being in the pitch black, unable to hear, with a light flashing in your face every few seconds? That would be terrifying! He handled it really well at the panel though. I'm glad he said how hard it was but he was classy about it. I'm not even convinced they did it to set him up to fail. I think they were just dumb and no one realized until they were there that he wouldn't be able to communicate.

• Love 4

Ty'Isms/ANTM'isms List:

1. H2T

2. Booch

3. Tooch

4. Smize

5. no neck monster

6. Fierce-a-prenuer

7. Boom boom boom

8. Slinky-InkBeautytainer

9. Flawsome

10. Ty-Over

11. TyTyTips

13. Werk the Smirk

14. Pot Ledom (Which is Top Model spelled backwards

15. Emote

16. Aswirl

17. Dreck-i-tude

Edited by BrianJ62

A reality show with no controversy is a no show.

Except for Face Off, which is pretty awesome with all it's nice contestants helping each other out and being good sports and just trying to do their best. It can be done, but not on this show.

I'm not even convinced they did it to set him up to fail. I think they were just dumb and no one realized until they were there that he wouldn't be able to communicate.

I could see this being the case--the producers of this show, including TyTy, are so far removed and clueless by now that it's entirely possible they didn't even think about it until they got the cast out there. Then Yu Tsai had to deal on the fly with the model that couldn't hear.

• Love 1

Yu Tsai screams like a Banshee so I wonder if this description fits: "The Banshee from Irish lore: Is a female spirit in Irish mythology, usually seen as an omen of death and a messenger from another world. In legend, a banshee is a fairy woman who begins to wail if someone is about to die."

Something else I'll miss about Tyra is when she admonishes the contestants who are rumored to be starving themselves by calling them out during panel to let them know she got to where she is by eating ribs.

I remember when she said that she and her mom redesigned her career over a pizza.

• Love 4

I remember when she said that she and her mom redesigned her career over a pizza.

Ha! I remember that one too. Tyra, we get that you couldn't keep off the weight for those high fashion jobs. No shame in being who you are. She always wants the contestants to avoid looking too commercial, but she was commercial for most of her career.

• Love 2

Ha! I remember that one too. Tyra, we get that you couldn't keep off the weight for those high fashion jobs. No shame in being who you are. She always wants the contestants to avoid looking too commercial, but she was commercial for most of her career.

What's good for the Goose is not always good for the Gander.....

Do as I say not as I did/do.

• Love 1

She was in the video for Too Funky.

I worked for Bazaar when the show began. Everyone there thought it was a joke. Eventually, Tyra made it onto the cover but only because her business ventures in general were going so well. When I worked at Teen Vogue and Nylon, no one mentioned her name EVER. Only in the last couple of weeks has Vogue paid any attention to her, and only because Leila Goldkuhl caught Riccardo Tisci's eye.

dolphincorn - I know you do most of the updating of the hampsters photo galleries, and I'm not surprised to find out you have real life industry cred.  Do you blog or post elsewhere?  I'm always as interested in the insider perspective when it comes to shows like ANTM and the rest, as I am in the shows themselves, and I'm intrigued by the fashion industry as a whole.  

Edited by An Offt
  • Love 3

dolphincorn - I know you do most of the updating of the hampsters photo galleries, and I'm not surprised to find out you have real life industry cred.  Do you blog or post elsewhere?  I'm always as interested in the insider perspective when it comes to shows like ANTM and the rest, as I am in the shows themselves, and I'm intrigued by the fashion industry as a whole.  

Same here!

Is it just me or is Nyle way wrong to cuddle with a very young "virgin" ? Has he led Lacey on?

Other models have been openly "out" - nothing wrong with that but if Nyle was in the closet bout being gay, or "fiuid" as he says...

well....how must Lacey feel?

I actually think MIkey is more open and honest - and none of the women he hits on seem to mind at all...

I realize this is not politically correct but sorry that is how I feel.

• Love 2
well....how must Lacey feel?

Lacey probably feels the same as she always has - that she's saving herself for marriage. Not to Nyle. Or anyone else on the show, regardless of orientation. Also, Lacey probably felt cold, then warmer, when sleeping next to her fluid friend Nyle. Nyle and Lacey were perfectly fine to use each others body heat. Mikey is still disgusting.

• Love 8

Of course we only see what producers want us to see

I seem to recall Lacey making a bit of play when she was winning Tyra suite 

if u go to spoiler thread u can see a quick vid Nyle posted on his Tumbler - of him and Lacey

bragging? Or...a front?

we just don't know...did he tell her he was "fluid"? Or do we all know that cause info about dating sites

came out

JMO -some people will make any excuse they want when it comes to Nyle

I didn't like the "in dark" shoot - very unfair to him I agree

but he was really talking shit about Devin wasn't he? 

Edited by still hoping

we just don't know...did he tell her he was "fluid"? Or do we all know that cause info about dating sites

came out

Who cares? Did she announce she's straight to him? Maybe she's a repressed Christian lesbian. Maybe all of them had one big orgy together. Doesn't matter. No one has to declare their sexual orientation to anyone else.

• Love 3

dolphincorn - I know you do most of the updating of the hampsters photo galleries . . .

It's milkyaqua who does that. I had some real life industry cred, but that took a turn for the worse when your economy tanked a few years ago. When I sell another book, all of you will be the first to read my self-aggrandizing spammy posts.

I remember when Tyra was admonishing Keenyah for eating and telling her to get a burger and take the bread off (who the hell is going to eat a meat patty with condiments on it? Might as well not order a burger) and saying she can eat whatever she wants because she's paid her dues. 

Let me also say that last night I had a dream about Nyle. We were hanging out and then he kissed me and as soon as it was about to get to the good part I wake up. I woke up and said dammit. I know some dreams do come true so I'm hoping that one does. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 1

The undying love of Nyle gets boring

It is ok to call Mikey disgusting...well I am feeling that about Nyle

You are right - we don't know what they talked about....but I saw his tumbler

Mikey has hit on practically every female contestant this season.  Nyle hasn't hit on anyone, at least not that we've been shown; all we saw was some cuddling and for all we know, that was simply for warmth.  As far as behavior on the show is concerned (and that's all I've seen of any of these hamsters), Mikey's earned his "disgusting" in my book.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 5

Oh my...."no one has to declare their sexual orientation to anyone else".. well no not for a job

or casual conversation..but if u want to be in closet why not just pretend to be "in a relationship" - no details..or whatever

why lead others on?

worked for Rock Hudson I guess

I think Mikey had  a certain edit....while he and ashley (and Justin and Mame) went further I think the rest was flirting and in fun

a telling fact is the women laugh about him and seem to like him

Edited by still hoping
  • Love 2

Back in the day, before ANTM and all the self pro-ty-motion, I considered Tyra Banks a "supermodel." She was very successful and if you look at some of her stuff from the 90s, girl was a knock-out.

No, never a Linda, Naomi or Christy, or even a Kate Moss, for sure, but still, pretty damn successful. Too bad she started to believe too much of her own press.

See, I wish there was a term for a model that is a shuffle step down from supermodel.  

Because Tyra Banks was a big deal, but to me, just like with you, she wasn't on the same level of Linda E. or Naomi C.

Maybe instead of supermodel she can be called "really good model"

To me, when I talk about someone like Naomi, everything about her is a model.  To this day, she embodies what a supermodel is to me.  But, I do love Naomi Campbell...I can't help it, she is my favorite!

A niece of mine was on Dr. Phil he's a big of pos as he emotes.

I've heard that about him before.  He seems like a jackass.

Something else I'll miss about Tyra is when she admonishes the contestants who are rumored to be starving themselves by calling them out during panel to let them know she got to where she is by eating ribs.

I hate when Tyra pretends to be normal.  I think its condescending.  Give me Oprah, who was shocked by her first visit to Costco.

Can you imagine Mikey hitting on Kelly C.?

She would kick him in the nuts.  And thats real talk.  Unless you are Nyle, in which case she will eye molest you and find ways to get your shirt off (which I'm good with!)

• Love 3

See, I wish there was a term for a model that is a shuffle step down from supermodel.  

Because Tyra Banks was a big deal, but to me, just like with you, she wasn't on the same level of Linda E. or Naomi C.

Maybe instead of supermodel she can be called "really good model"

In honor of the way Tyra names everything after herself, I think we should use "Tyramodel" for models that aren't as "super" as the think they are.  

• Love 3

1-10 Scale

Janice: 10

Paulina: 8

Twiggy: 6

Can I substitute Tyra out for Nolé Marin?

Whatever floats your boat.

Coming soon: Ms. Jay vs Jay vs Nigel (No other ANTM scrods are allowed)

Edited by BrianJ62

I remember when Tyra was admonishing Keenyah for eating and telling her to get a burger and take the bread off (who the hell is going to eat a meat patty with condiments on it? Might as well not order a burger) and saying she can eat whatever she wants because she's paid her dues.

*shyly raising a hand* I do lol

sometimes... depends on many things, but sometimes I take one bun off, sometimes I just order it without a bun. Sometimes I crave meat, but stake is too much, and I see no reason to load up on carbs (esp if there are fries involved too) just because I want a little bit of red meat...

I'm talking legit restaurants, though, not McD's. If I go to fast food place that specializes on burgers I know what I'm doing and obviously will be ordering and eating full burger.

• Love 1

I can't imagine Mikey winning this after all he does every episode his talk about sex. Just. He's so disgusting. And I can't believe his bro-presentation won. I wouldn't give him a cent if he came and presented that way.

Mamie's photo was terrible. After all the talk of her flinging and moving and being amazing, they use a test shot of her looking shell shocked? Really? But Nyle's was bad because he wasn't doing enough? And yes, also disgusted that they seem to be trying to make him fail. I don't know if it's more this season than others, that they have so many speaking/darkness shoots or it's just noticeable now because of how he struggles and how they gave zero thought for him.

Yeah, it's clear Tyrant and her minions are going way off the reservation with this. On one hand, letting in all that footage that shows how douchy and slimy Mikey is as a person, while also insisting he and his stringy hair and dudebro slack shouldered poses are "great".

And I get that in any conventional sense that Mamie is the best model there. She's the taller girl with the exotic face after all. But just having the right dimensions doesn't make someone great.

That said, clearly this show is still aiming the victory right at Nyle. And I'd hate that if he was just coasting into that based on his deafness. But he's not.

• Love 2