Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E13: The Girl Who Took A Shot In The Dark

I hate Kelly sooooo much!!!  She's just a bitch for no reason.  In fact, she's just an ugly bitch!  Can't stand that hag!  That was the most stupid photoshoot I've ever seen.  They are definitely running out of ideas on this shitty show.  And the Mikey love has me shaking my head.  I didn't see anything in his photo that was any different than any of his other photos.  He's still a dirty, grimy looking asshole!  How quickly he forgot whatsherface once she got eliminated and now is going for Mame.  I was almost hoping Devin would have stayed just to piss Mikey off.  And whats up with their judging.  Devin, you finally listened and followed our advice and gave us a great photo!  You're out!  Nyle, you are really slipping, and your photo sucked!  You stay!  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6

I don't know why I continue to be surprised by the depths they sink to but I am.  This had the stick of let's have a photo shoot in the dark because one of the models is deaf.  It reminds me of one of the model's friends just died, lets have a photo shoot in a coffin.

• Love 16

I hate Kelly so much! She is the rudest bitch I've ever seen in my life and I know some rude bitches. She is ridiculous! I was a little sad that the show is ending but I am happy that I won't have to see Kelly's a$$ anymore.

ETA: I swear I didn't mean to say the exact same thing as swankie!

Devin should have been gone. I have no idea how he was ever signed on as a model for any agency, but I can see why he wasn't getting much work. I don't know who the hell told him that those faces he makes are a good thing because even when he's told not to do it, he keeps making them.

For real, if Mikey wins this cycle I'm going to scream.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 4

I haven't watch this show in a long time, at least not a full season, and I can't help but really dislike the format. I am not a fan of guys vs. girls. It really is apples and oranges but I have to say Lyle is one of the sexiest guys I have seen on TV since Jason Momoa (sp?) left Game Of Thrones. Oh my shit, is that man sexy as hell. 

Back to the episode, I don't think Mikey is that bad. He's a generically attractive guy but certainly not someone I would look twice at. The girls are beautiful but nothing that blows me down. Devon has a strong look, more interesting than Mikey but Lyle should win on pure beauty alone. 
Whoever this new Jay Manuel is needs to go. He is terrible, annoying and a total dick. Tyra continues to try hard to sound profound but fails. The scoring, as opposed to her flipping the photo for who goes home, is just stupid. 

• Love 3

I have so much to say about this ep.

First of all on what psycho planet would it ever be down to Nyle VS Devin? Come on! That's ridiculous!

Second of all, I laughed so hard when it was "we took you to VEGAS now you sleep in an empty cabin in the woods!" Maybe next week they get to booty tooch out of junked cars?

Sharing the Kelly hate as always but tonight I was extra angry. Why would she ask Nyle "was this your best shot"? I mean...what the fuck does Nyle have to do with the shot they chose? Did I miss something for 22 seasons? Do the models get to pick their best shots for the final panel? NO?! well then how DARE she cut him off when he tried to say more. Hey Nyle, you can't hear so we'll also make you blind! I mean how do they even get away with sticking a deaf model in 100% darkness without really working something fool proof way ahead of time? I can also just imagine how being off the count and then blinded by the flash threw him off. Deaf and blind for you, Nyle!

Also gasped when she told Devin his fragrance should have been called "Delusional" Why so mean? Why go the extra mile to be insulting like that? He seemed to really try to learn. He said he was there to learn, to get better so why shit on him like that? 

ETA I'm totally bored with Lacey and want her to go next.

Edited by DiabLOL
  • Love 8

I'm surprised TPTB aired the part where Mame said Yu Tsai wasn't being helpful at the photoshoot. We say the same thing here every week, but Tyra likes to keep up the pretense that everyone involved with the show is a highly successful and respected fashion industry professional.

When Tyra was talking about all the great businesses that could be launched from the challenge prize seed money and the hamsters were acting all excited, I thought "I must have heard it wrong, the way she's talking about it, the prize must be much higher than $2,500." But then I rewound, and nope, I heard it right the first time. Mikey will have to sew the tank tops and knit the socks by hand with that kind of "capital". 

And did Tyra talk to Devin about his "strongness"? The people at Harvard who gave her her degree should be very ashamed right now. 

• Love 7

When Tyra was talking about all the great businesses that could be launched from the challenge prize seed money and the hamsters were acting all excited, I thought "I must have heard it wrong, the way she's talking about it, the prize must be much higher than $2,500." But then I rewound, and nope, I heard it right the first time. Mikey will have to sew the tank tops and knit the socks by hand with that kind of "capital". 

I thought that might be why Nyle didn't win - he actually had an idea for an app that would be useful, but to do it right would have cost much more than that chicken feed. OTOH, Mikey can buy bulk wifebeaters from Walmart and fling dye at them for $2500,

• Love 6

Wow, I remember when I used to think Miss J was ridiculous and now Miss J is the only one who makes sense.  

When Yu told his lame ghost story, I thought that maybe when they were going to try to scare the models during the photoshoot and take the picture of them looking "Fierce when they were frightened"  I was actually looking forward to that sort of nonsense, but the nonsense they actually did was no fun at all.  

I still think that Kelly was that homely girl in school that dressed weird and was always trying desperately to be one of the "cool kids"  and now she thinks that she has gotten her seat at the cool table just because no one with any real reputation in the fashion industry would agree to be on Tyra's show.  So she makes fun of the models and tries to be clever.  She just reeks of insecurity to me.  Normally, I would have some sympathy for someone like that, but not in her case.

Devon's "strongness" made me laugh out loud.  The other funny moment was Fierce-trepreneur or Fierce-preneur whatever Tyra called them.  The name was cringe-worthy, but the laugh-worthy part was in trying to come up with a better "Tyra word" for it.  I can't remember them all now, but "En-Tyra-prenuer" was my favorite, only because I couldn't say it out loud - quite the tongue twister for me.  

• Love 6

I'm glad Jar-Jar Binks left, oops I mean Devin. Devin looks like a cross between Jar-Jar Binks and an Avatar. 6 agencies and doesn't regularly work, he's a modeling legend in his own mind.

Edited by BrianJ62
  • Love 3

There is always a funny moment or two in every episode, but tonight I was laughing like a buffoon. The ridiculousness of the challenge and even worse, the photoshoot.

I thought that Nyle's idea was the best, but there's no way he can push that out product onto the market for $2,500. Given that Mamé is a pageant winner, you'd think she'd give the best presentation, but as always on these shows, the person who should excel at the challenge bombs. Lacey and Devin bored me. I don't know anyone who would spend money on what Mikey has to offer, but I am sympathetic toward his attitude about money because of his family's situation. That said I'm not overly sympathetic because he acts trashy more often than not.

That photoshoot. I'm waiting for the next episode where Yu will throw them into a shark-infested pool with the lights turned off. "SHOW ME FEAR, LACEY!"

"Your photographer will be Erik Asla."

But, of course.

Nice of them to jack up Nyle's concentration with that setup.

Although I'd love for someone, somewhere on the Internet to create a gif of Yu drinking that coffee. It's perfect.

Maybe another one of Tyra giving advice about posing fiercely while a photographer is shooting test shots. "Oh really . . ."

Kelly really had it out for Nyle and Devin tonight. While Devin's bragged to the other models about being signed to several agencies, Kelly checked his ass at panel. I agree that Devin reminds people about those agencies, but when has he mentioned it nonstop at panel? Was I asleep this Cycle? I'm not remembering him telling the judges that much.

Anyway, I wasn't wowed by any of their photos. However, I didn't think Devin's was that bad. It wasn't outstanding, but wasn't horrible. I like Nyle, but if he's slipping and Devin took advice and improved, then by using the judge's logic, Nyle should have been sent home.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 5

"And whats up with their judging. Devin, you finally listened and followed our advice and gave us a great photo! You're out! Nyle, you are really slipping, and your photo sucked! You stay!"

This reminds me of a spoof I heard about Project Runway: Heidi Klum to a competitor - You have the best design of the competition, and I would love to wear your clothes, your out

Edited by BrianJ62
  • Love 4

OMG, when Mame was watching her Tyra tip at the start of the show, all I could think as she was standing there with Devin in the background, is how similar she and Devin look!!  They have the same face shape, I just never noticed it until now.

Devin should have been gone. I have no idea how he was ever signed on as a model for any agency, but I can see why he wasn't getting much work. I don't know who the hell told him that those faces he makes are a good thing because even when he's told not to do it, he keeps making them.

The thing is he makes those stupid faces even when he speaks in the interviews... and to other people. It's so annoying and obnoxious. I been calling Deving "Ugly Face" the whole season. He seems to have too much mouth, noses and eyes on his face and his cheeks seem bit hollow. So even relaxed, his face seems off and when he does one of his expression it distorts to downright weird and cartoonish. Add his general obnoxiousness to it and he's kinda unbookable. Who would want that on a set?

Didn't they do the same exact concept as a challenge last season? There is reason you don't shoot fashion shoots in total darkness with strong flashlight... the reason being it just does not work. I hate how lately the show has just being trying to make the shoots extremely uncomfortable, with too much going on, too difficult... and the results suck. The models aren't learning anything by this shit. 

And really camping? I used to go camping a lot when younger, but we usually went to some place that was... nice. This was just weird.

The challenge was interesting though. Although we didn't really need another of Tyra's made up words. I am bit worried about that woman. She is probably going to start another show, where she will speak in Tyra speak only. And plug in her boring make up line that is like every drug store make up out there only more expensive and with less options.

But anyways, I don't really think Mike's idea was the best. I hope Nyle gets to make his app. Did I understand it correctly Mame wants to buy jewelry from women living in some poor places and market it? She was so frazzled, I didn't make out anything of her speech. And Lacey's book seems like any other young adult novel/chick flick out there. Devin acted like a fool on the set again. It was kinda scary.

Edited by VenusHalley
  • Love 1

I'm surprised TPTB aired the part where Mame said Yu Tsai wasn't being helpful at the photoshoot. We say the same thing here every week, but Tyra likes to keep up the pretense that everyone involved with the show is a highly successful and respected fashion industry professional.

And did Tyra talk to Devin about his "strongness"? The people at Harvard who gave her her degree should be very ashamed right now. 

I'm in the middle of watching the episode, and I'm not sure I can go on.  Because she for real said $2,500...followed by Mame saying that was life changing seed money.  

I can't even understand how Nyle doesn't win this challenge because what are the other options?  shitty $10 socks? Devin's version of axe body spray?  Mame's beauty store jewelry that is also a pyramid scheme?  Lacy's book?  Since when did a book become a business plan?  And her book sounds lame as fuck.  How much seed money do you need to write your book.

And why must this show always go so low budget, are they seriously giving these people arts and crafts from the 99 Cents Only store and telling them to come up with a pitch?

Nyle is the only one who had a reasonable idea at all.  It was something relatively new for the market.  Of course Kelly has her panties in a bunch because he couldn't afford a PR person, but isn't being on ANTM supposed to provide him free publicity and social media followers.  Maybe not everyone needs a PR maven, and thats why you're on a shit reality show Kelly.

I also think Kelly got upset that the two blondes were attracted to Nyle.  She was probably close to scratching their eyes out.

• Love 6

The drama at the end was completely manufactured. Looking at the scores it wasn't even close.

Mikey was at 39.something

Mame was at 34.0

Lacey at 33.9

Nile 33.0

And....

Devin 29.1

He wasn't even playing in the same ball game

• Love 4

According to the Scores thread on RTVGAMES the points total after Episode 13 is:

Lacey   - 343.7

Nyle     - 339.1

Mikey  - 339

Mame  - 331.7

It looks like it's Lacey's to lose at this point; if Tyra retains her dislike of pageant girls then there's no way Mame wins this thing.

Edited by NeenerNeener

Jason Momoa (sp?) left Game Of Thrones.

He is one of the leads on a fantastic show called The Red Road on the Sundance Channel.

His wife Lisa Bonnet has a small role too.

• Love 2

Did someone say this show was finally going to be cancelled? Let's hope so. I agree that's Nyle's app was the best of all of them. Even Mikey is not going to get his "line" going with $2500 - this show has become so cheap and fake. I actually felt bad for Devin. I haven't liked him from the beginning - too much drama - too much silliness - but in the past few weeks, I've seen a big change and even tho he'll never be used in campaigns where they need or want a different look (aka Shaun Ross) I did think he had some strong photos.

Mikey I can't stand - I wouldn't give the guy a second look. And I think he delivers the same faces every time. He thinks he's a player - Ashley, Hadassa and now Mame - but I see nothing interesting or sexy in this guy - he's not a Fabio.

I think the photo shoot was ridiculous - don't move front or back - only side to side - how are you suppose to show any kind movement when any twist or turn - could put your whole body off kilter and you could fall - the platform was way too small to get any kind of great photo. And poor Nyle - they should have thought about how they were going to communicate with him before the shoot - not during. He should have been fitted with some type of device that vibrated immediately before the shot. Yu's voice and the flashlight were out of sync - it was only be fractions of a second - but that's all it takes to lose the shot. Then try pounding on the box - change Nyle's attention to now have to concentrate on that. If this is the way they were going to do it - it should have been gone over beforehand until Nyle's was comfortable with it.

• Love 4

OMG, you guys have already pointed out a lot of the ridiculous moments of this episode, like the "life-changing" $2500 seed money!!  

I was looking at my watch at about the half-way point in the episode and wondered if there was going to be any, you know, "modeling" going on in the episode.  

The pitch thing was dumb, because of the time limit, among other things.  That said, Nyle had the best pitch because lots of folks would totally buy that app (it was an app, right) if gorgeous Nyle was the one doing all the signing, and if the app was cheap.

I wish someone who actually knows something about the current modeling industry would tell us whether Mikey has any potential whatsoever. Like, maybe if he cut his hair or something?  When I look at him, he looks greasy and a bit sleazy. But I'm old enough to be his mother, so what do I know?

What was up with the way Yu Tsai was wearing his cap? It might be freezing outside, but why pull the cap firmly over your head and ears when you can tilt it jauntily to one side so it looks like it's falling off?

I wish I knew what kind of hearing loss Nyle had. If Gallaudet is anything like how it was in the 80s, you could have usable hearing (with hearing aids and some training on how to use what hearing you have, I mean), and they would ignore that in favor of mostly just signing. Really sad, IMHO. Maybe it's changed since then, I don't know.  The thing is, if Nyle is profoundly deaf and gets no assistance from hearing aids, that's one thing. If he has any residual hearing and has been raised not to care about that--which you could totally do if you lived in a large signing deaf population--well, I would find that pretty sad.  I thought about it last night--I could not help wondering where his aids were (if he had any), because that would have been useful for signalling him during the admittedly dumb photo shoot in the dark. 

Also, sleeping in a freezing cabin where folks have to snuggle together to stay warm? Wow--just when you think the show cannot get any lower.

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 5

I can't imagine Mikey winning this after all he does every episode his talk about sex. Just. He's so disgusting. And I can't believe his bro-presentation won. I wouldn't give him a cent if he came and presented that way.

Mamie's photo was terrible. After all the talk of her flinging and moving and being amazing, they use a test shot of her looking shell shocked? Really? But Nyle's was bad because he wasn't doing enough? And yes, also disgusted that they seem to be trying to make him fail. I don't know if it's more this season than others, that they have so many speaking/darkness shoots or it's just noticeable now because of how he struggles and how they gave zero thought for him.

• Love 3

I’m pretty sure Tyra meant the test photo thing as a compliment but all I could think was, “so, what you’re saying is, Mame has a very photographic look but can’t model for shit so you had to take the one photo where she wasn’t actually making any attempt to model? Mmkay.” Because, if her test photo was the best shot of her they had, that means that her attempts at modelling sucked. Lol

I can’t help but feel like this was an attempted to knock Nyle down before his win. I could be jaded from the recent win of :”the first ever plus size designer” on Project Runway but I can’t see Tyra turning down “the first ever deaf model on Top Model”, especially if this is, indeed the last season. Girl loves her some “first evers”.

I don’t get what was different about Mikey’s shoot than any of Mikey’s other shoots. It’s the same “intense” face he makes in all his pictures. The pose was basically standing there and the scarf was doing all the work.

Lacey’s, sadly, was shit. Terrible picture. But then, I always feel for the one who goes first on these crazy ass shoots because they don’t get the benefit of listening to all the tips and advice the others get.

If Mikey wins this then it is a good thing this is the last season because…YIKES

• Love 3

And really camping? I used to go camping a lot when younger, but we usually went to some place that was... nice. This was just weird.

But there are murders wandering around the campground, that is why it was so crappy (sarcasm).

As soon as I saw the campground I thought, I bet this is where final 6-7 were going to go in season 23 (instead of France or China or Brazil), but they found out the show was cancelled so they sent them this year, since they had already paid the $10 rental fee.

I also think Kelly got upset that the two blondes were attracted to Nyle.  She was probably close to scratching their eyes out.

Kelly was probably thinking, "I better make Nyle sound like he is a loser so those chicks don't try to steal my man!"

• Love 4

Just when it seems like this show couldn't possibly sink any lower, it did, at Nyle's expense. Nyle had the best app by far, but Kelly shot it down because he can't afford a publicist?  News flash, Kel: plenty of successful business people have not only managed to succeed without a big PR machine, some of them even got rich! Three words, Kelly: "Word of mouth." Google it, bitch. 

That bullshit photo shoot was more deep-fried fuckery. Nyle did the best he could at the time. It sucked, but that wasn't his fault. They could/should have worked something out in advance to help Nyle and make the shoot, if not "perfect," then much easier for him than it was.

The best thing about this episode by far was that Devin was finally eliminated. Good riddance.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6

So Mikey gets the redemption, sudden improvement, where has this guy been, why can't you all be more like blank edit. Nyle gets the you're slipping, other model is beating you, wow you were almost just eliminated edit..... So clearly they're gonna be the final 2 with Nyle winning. The formula never changes. That said this has been Nyle's prize from the beginning. And how the hell did he not win that challenge? I guess if it had happened on any other episode than the Nyle downfall episode he would have. Of course I may be wrong about all of this and boring Mame could take it but who cares? Do any of us really care? Hey Nyle, if you get a kick starter going for a deaf gay porn site with yourself as the star performer, yeah, you can have all my money.

Observations:

• Yu Tsai was a biologist??? My jaw literally (yes, the real literally) dropped.
  • Lacey looked SO much better with longer hair and the bangs pulled off her face. That weird bowl cut thing is doing her no favors.
  • Mikey is disGUSTing. Like seriously sleazy.
  • Why not just inject Nyle with a paralytic too, so he loses even more of his limited senses. Really, show? That was brutal for him.
  • $2,500 is life-changing? Ha.
  • Kudos to Devin for making his face look relatively normal. Too little, too late, however.
  • Tocks sounds more like some sort of clock/watch business than clothing. Also, socks and tank tops are not ground-breaking. Another also, if you're in a tank top, it's probably flip flop and not sock weather. I hope Nyle brings his actually useful app to fruition.
  • Ugh.
  • Love 8

I realized that I kind of miss Tyra's tales of woe from her early days of modeling.  They were fun to make fun of.  I am surprised that she didn't tell them that when she was starting out she had to sleep on the floor of a cold dark cabin in the woods, only her cabin was on the side of a hill and the floor slanted so much that she had to cling onto the floorboards with her fake nails to keep from sliding down to the low end.  

In the old days she would have told them not to complain about the difficulties of doing a photoshoot in absolute darkness, because when she was starting out, she once had to do a photoshoot where she had to walk across a swimming pool in a giant hamster ball in total darkness while wearing stilts and wrapped in meat.  And the pool was full of piranhas.  But she managed to look fierce anyway.    

She didn't even have any stories about all of her entrepreneurial "Successes"

Observations:

• Yu Tsai was a biologist??? My jaw literally (yes, the real literally) dropped.

But he gave it up when they wouldn't let him try to make a model out of leftover cadaver parts.  

Observations:

• Tocks sounds more like some sort of clock/watch business than clothing. Also, socks and tank tops are not ground-breaking. Another also, if you're in a tank top, it's probably flip flop and not sock weather. I hope Nyle brings his actually useful app to fruition.

Tocks = Tank Tops + Socks.  Given what we have seen from Mikey, it would have more appropriate if he named his company "Stank"

• Love 18

Tocks = Tank Tops + Socks.  Given what we have seen from Mikey, it would have more appropriate if he named his company "Stank"

Well, yeah, obviously that's where the name came from. But had I randomly as a consumer come across the brand name Tocks, my brain would jump to 'tick-tock' and watches/clocks. Stank, however, would fit with Mikey.

• Love 7

It gave off a Keddie Murders-vibe.

News flash, Kel: plenty of successful business people have not only managed to succeed without a big PR machine, some of them even got rich! Three words, Kelly: "Word of mouth." Google it, bitch.

I like to imagine that Ramon, Nyle's interpreter, was signing that Kelly's a bitch while she was making that comment.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 5

Just when it seems like this show couldn't possibly sink any lower, it did, at Nyle's expense. Nyle had the best app by far, but Kelly shot it down because he can't afford a publicist?  News flash, Kel: plenty of successful business people have not only managed to succeed without a big PR machine, some of them even got rich! Three words, Kelly: "Word of mouth." Google it, bitch. 

That bullshit photo shoot was more deep-fried fuckery. Nyle did the best he could at the time. It sucked, but that wasn't his fault. They could/should have worked something out in advance to help Nyle and make the shoot, if not "perfect," then much easier for him than it was.

The best thing about this episode by far was that Devin was finally eliminated. Good riddance.

You're so right - do people even NEED public relations agencies for apps? I can't even imagine it's necessary.

Edited by LakeLover
  • Love 5

I wish someone who actually knows something about the current modeling industry would tell us whether Mikey has any potential whatsoever. Like, maybe if he cut his hair or something?  When I look at him, he looks greasy and a bit sleazy. But I'm old enough to be his mother, so what do I know?

I'd like to know this too. He doesn't resonate with me at all.

Nyle should take his AP idea to Shark Tank. I really have no idea what Tyra thought they were supposed to do with assorted craft supplies and $1200 or whatever it was. It would make more sense for them to all try to pretend to sell something then for her to expect them to actually market this junk. I think they were annoyed at Nyle because he didn't choose the jewelry or makeup crap for his presentation. Kelly continues to be horrible. I would have a hard time  not telling her to shove her ugly face if I were the contestants. Honestly, she can't change the looks she was born with but she could change her hairstyle, clothes and ugly demeanor.

I actually feel sorry for Mikey and think he is kind of cute. I'm guessing he was raised without learning the social niceties in life, and I hope he can make some success since he comes from a long line of guys who went to prison. I also felt kind of sorry for Devin tonight. Sometimes no matter what you do, Tyra and her ugly minions will just tear you apart. Sigh.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 4

I actually feel sorry for Mikey and think he is kind of cute. I'm guessing he was raised without learning the social niceties in life, and I hope he can make some success since he comes from a long line of guys who went to prison. I also felt kind of sorry for Devin tonight. Sometimes no matter what you do, Tyra and her ugly minions will just tear you apart. Sigh.

I said something kind of similar about Mikey with regard to his upbringing. He didn't get to choose his family, but I wish he'd take it down a notch with the perviness. Just because you didn't come from money doesn't give you a pass for behaving like trash. Even so, I'd like to give Mikey the benefit of the doubt that he's playing up a particular douchy persona that might not reflect who he really is. At least, not all of who he really is.

I did feel sorry for Devin, even though he annoys me. He was taking their feedback, but that blew up in his face. Kelly's comments to him were unnecessary, but that's par for the course with her.

• Love 2

I said something kind of similar about Mikey with regard to his upbringing. He didn't get to choose his family, but I wish he'd take it down a notch with the perviness. Just because you didn't come from money doesn't give you a pass for behaving like trash. Even so, I'd like to give Mikey the benefit of the doubt that he's playing up a particular douchy persona that might not reflect who he really is. At least, not all of who he really is.

I did feel sorry for Devin, even though he annoys me. He was taking their feedback, but that blew up in his face. Kelly's comments to him were unnecessary, but that's par for the course with her.

I've wondered if some of the contestants personas are scripted if not downright fake.

• Love 2

I've wondered if some of the contestants personas are scripted if not downright fake.

I don't doubt that at all. I've never understood why people would be willing to sign off on having producers manipulate their personas for a reality show. Those personas can have a long lasting negative effect, even if the contestant's aim was to achieve a modicum of fame. I'm not of the belief that bad publicity is better than no publicity.

someone just won internet! lol

You're so right - do people even NEED public relations agencies for apps? I can't even imagine it's necessary.

they don't. well... i guess programmers don't. I have a friend who designed an app and last i heard there were talks to get it into BMW cars... i highly doubt he has a PR representative... or had at the beginning. now it's getting more serious, so he might...

i kinda sorta maybe understand why Nyle didn't win... $2,500? really? Nyle can go to a bank with his idea and they will give him A LOT more than that on the spot. The app he has in mind has a market (although maybe redneck market is larger than deaf community and friends), it's useful, it's an actual idea that can change, if not a life, at least help to cross deaf and non-deaf cultures better. OK. it's too big for the prize (again TWENTY FIVE EFFING HUNDRED? ) but did they HAVE to kick him while he was down by giving him 3rd point total for the challenge? They put a freaking autobiography nobody cares about above this... And Lacey is my girl, but come on...

And then, just for lulz they go ahead and take away Nyle's only means of communication with the world. I'm surprised they didn't put him in straitjacket... why not? you can't see, why would you need your hands too... work with that, pretty boy...

as an experienced camper i was surprised at how they used their supplies. You have sleeping bags. you know, it's a sack that is designed to keep your body temperature, protect you from elements (on a certain level) and depending on a model, add few degrees too... why would you unzip it into a blanket in a cold cabin? If you wanna cuddle, which is both prudent and fun (I'm talking about Nyle lol), zip two bags together and have a double sleeping bag that will guard you from the cold and "bring people together" lol

Edited by vavera4ka
  • Love 1

ANTM is just tacky and Tyra is always doing shit like that. Just like she did with Kahlen when her friend died she did a coffin photo shoot, when Jael's friend died Tyra had them do a photo shoot about death and think they do that on purpose. So no shocker that she would do the same with Nyle.

Kelly is just an ugly ass stank bitch. She asks Nyle a question he answers and elaborates and she cuts him off and is just rude about it. Well bitch don't ask anymore questions then. 

Fierce-a-preneurs I just can't with this anymore, Tyra STFU, just can't stand her anymore. Nobody is going to say that, ever, it's not gonna be a new job title that the world is going to absorb. Go to an event where entreprenuers and CEOs go and say that you're a fierce-a-whatever and they'll laugh your ass right on out of there and never be invited back.

Lacey's pic was hideous, Mame's wasn't all that, weren't they suppose to be moving the clothes and they choose a test shot, Nyle was stiff, and Devin and Mikey's photos were good. So don't know what Kelly was talking about when she said Devin's was bad. Let's see Kelly take some photos, yikes.

Mikey is still a skeeze. This season has just been so damn bad.

• Love 4

So the best part of this episode was...reading these comments. I've over here in the amen corner... :)

I don't know if it made it to market but I remember reading about an app that will translate signs if you hold your phone's camera up to the sign. A quick Google search showed that there are already apps that can help you learn sign language but if what Nyle was talking about was an interpreter in the same vein, I hope a real entrepreneur/venture capitalist has contacted him or will soon. While watching this I was kind of hoping that Tyra would say that the $2,500 was just a joke and that she's going to help the winner in a real way. Womp womp...oh well...

Lacey, from one writer to another: Your memoir does not a business opportunity make. Youthful Christian virgin? The shelves are full. Now, if you decided to up and murder your fellow hamsters in their sleep...one by one after their elimination episodes...THAT might get you a pretty decent book deal. You're welcome.

I find it interesting that they waited until Devin's elimination to allow Kelly to say what a lot of us were thinking all along. To have her say it AT his elimination seemed unnecessarily cruel...but, as has been said repeatedly, Kelly herself is unnecessarily cruel. Also, if we were to make Kelly over style-wise, what could be done to improve her? Because honestly my imagination isn't coming up with much...

Count me among the many who did a double-take upon hearing Yu Tsai's previous profession. Wonder how he went from there to here...wonder what his parents thought/think about it? (For what it's worth, Yu, mine still haven't recovered...)

Last week I thought Mikey was going to be the next one eliminated. I'm happy I was wrong...I say again that despite his horndog persona (which I'm becoming convinced is a put-on for the cameras) he takes good pics. That said...I'm still rooting for Nyle.

Edited by ExMathMajor
  • Love 4

The minute I saw Mame's photo I was cringing, waiting for Tyra et al to talk about how she should know better than to model with no neck at this stage in the game. But no, she gets praised. I don't get it, but then, I never did.  

Up until the cancellation I was really hoping in future seasons they'd be going back to the old format. I really enjoyed the old photoshoots. I don't enjoy men vs women, or the new scoring format, or the trashy photos they do now.  I stuck it out to the bitter end, but I'm glad it's going away.

• Love 3

The biggest out of many faults ANTM has is they give false/fake hope to people who have no chance at becoming models, whether it be their look(s), age, attitude, etc., etc... Modeling is a cutthroat business.

Edited by BrianJ62
  • Love 5

Nyle is the only one who had a reasonable idea at all.  It was something relatively new for the market.  Of course Kelly has her panties in a bunch because he couldn't afford a PR person, but isn't being on ANTM supposed to provide him free publicity and social media followers.  Maybe not everyone needs a PR maven, and thats why you're on a shit reality show Kelly.

This was a ridiculous amount of "start-up" money. What was the prize, anyway? Does Mikey get to launch his company? Good luck on $2,500. He'd have to start out of his own house. Same with jewelry and a fragrance. The autobiography is probably the cheapest to market, and that's only because self-publishing has become such a big thing.

As far as an app, though, it's inconceivable to get it off the ground for anywhere near $2,500. So I think it's legitimate criticism to tell Nyle he's thinking too big for this particular challenge. At its inception, an app goes through several rounds, in order to ensure it's user-friendly and, well, good. The initial costs run, if not in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, tens of thousands of dollars. I just read a book where a guy was trying to launch an app, and he had to hire four separate geniuses to write the code. It took three months for them to come up with a version to play around with just amongst themselves. So, I'm no expert, but I think if one put that much investment into something, they may well want a professional pubic relations presence to bring it to market. It doesn't mean Kelly's statement wasn't self-serving, or that she showed any knowledge of the real work that is involved with launching an app.

The real question, for me, was, WHY IS THEIR CHALLENGE BASED ON A FALL-BACK CAREER? Tyra said at the outset that modeling won't last forever, so they have to learn to be entrepreneurs (I'm not even going there with the Ty-ism) for when their modeling career is over. Tyra, launching post-modeling carers is a different reality show! It's not appropriate for a show about working models, and it's certainly not for a show about models trying to break into the business. Judging burgeoning models on the viability of their post-modeling career ideas makes about as much sense as an episode of Sharktank where Mark Cuban makes the contestants drop their business plans in favor of showing him their personal stock portfolios, so he can judge them on who will be prepared for retirement and who won't. Madness, I say, madness!

I’m pretty sure Tyra meant the test photo thing as a compliment but all I could think was, “so, what you’re saying is, Mame has a very photographic look but can’t model for shit so you had to take the one photo where she wasn’t actually making any attempt to model? Mmkay.” Because, if her test photo was the best shot of her they had, that means that her attempts at modelling sucked. Lol

I was thinking the exact same thing! A few cycles ago, Tyra put the idea out there that your pictures are supposed to look better than you do in person. She said if someone tells you that you look better in person, it's actually an insult. It was weird how convicted she was about this, considering it took a good 16-18 cycles for her to say it. But yeah, when Tyra told Mame her test shot was better than any of her real shots, it brought me back there. If you're supposed to look better in your pictures than in person, doesn't it stand to reason that you're supposed to look better in the pictures in which you're posing, rather than a lucky candid shot? I'm over Mame anyway.
  • Love 2

So I take it these models are not going overseas at all? Final 4 and still no overseas trip, usually final 6 get to go. Is that budget so strapped that Las Vegas and camping is all they're going to get? What a rip off. I guess Tyra couldn't talk an airline into changing their name to Tymerican Airlines, Telta, Tywest Airlines, Talaska Airlines, Tynited Airlines.

I agree that the entreprenuer challenge was a little premature. It seems Tyra wants models to follow in her footsteps and like she cares what they do after modeling as she only did it in Cycle 6 but that was only so she can do a photoshoot about it. She didn't say anything else about post life after being a model until now. Some models may not think that far ahead, maybe their main focus is modeling and then they might breakout into something else when it hits them. From the looks of it it only seems that Nyle and Mikey have an idea on what they want to do in the future but Lacey, Mame, and Devin didn't. I was thinking how much more conceited can Tyra get?

This cycle could end up being a curse for anyone of them. The photography and photos are just bad, most of them shouldn't even put any of them in a portfolio. I feel so bad for these aspiring models, the future might not be so good for them if anyone in the fashion industry watches the show. Which I highly doubt they do.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

So I take it these models are not going overseas at all? Final 4 and still no overseas trip, usually final 6 get to go. Is that budget so strapped that Las Vegas and camping is all they're going to get? What a rip off. I guess Tyra couldn't talk an airline into changing their name to Tymerican Airlines, Telta, Tywest Airlines, Talaska Airlines, Tynited Airlines

Tevil Spirit

I'm dedicating a song to Tyra: Evil Woman by ELO

• Love 1