Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: June 13th - Part Two

Episode Description:

Erica Kravid puts her dark plan into motion in the wake of a tragedy. Meanwhile, Hiro and Angela embark on an important mission; Luke and Joanne realize their tragic calling; Noah has a reunion; and Miko's origins come to light.

Okay, sure. I spend a week ripping into the Heroes writers about Claire's death... and they go ahead and find a solution that actually kinda makes sense. A little. A minor quibble though, Angela: Peter was never a human Hoover that sucked away people's powers, that was his dad's gig. Peter only mimicked powers. Another minor quibble: stop calling Tommy/Nathan a Petrelli. His sister is one, too. And I'm assuming this Tommy/Nathan's power works the same as Peter's: he steals the powers through touch, and only one at a time like Peter used to do (guess they learned their lesson from Peter and Sylar being too overpowered). Too bad Claire didn't have a Caesarian? I did notice that aged!Angela never touched Tommy/Nathan, but then wouldn't it be as simple as "Don't touch your sister so you don't steal her power"?

I don't know how keen I am on the idea of Claire actually being dead, but if she had to go, I'll grudgingly admit that it makes a little sense. Not particularly feeling aged!Angela and aged!Hiro with bad wigs and bad grey streak jobs in their hair.

Still don't care about Carlos. Boring. Next, please!

So the big butterfly is Quentin still being alive? And now a rat for Erica, of course. No confirmation that Mohinder got blown to pieces (I still say he's too stupid and pretty to die) unless I missed it. Matt Parkman selling his abilities to the "highest bidder" doesn't surprise me. He was never the sharpest crayon in the box, either. And the scene with Creepy Murdering Mom killing the guy in their hotel room was cheesy as hell. Both her "I've snapped! I'm evil now!" look and her husband's "Oh God! You're evil now!" look made me laugh so hard I almost cried.

Which brings me to my third, less minor quibble: the acting of the "new" characters on this show is bad. Laughably bad. Is it just me? The kid who plays Tommy/Nathan seems particularly bad and just looks constipated when he's trying to look all tough and serious and grown up. I already thought that Creepy Murdering Mom was over the top, but the kid has been grating the past few episodes. 

Poor Erica. That looked like a really painful place to get shot. Although if it would have been an inch or so higher...

• Love 5

I'm kind of pissed that they made Quentin an evil drone of Renautus.

I don't get Otomo telling Miko about remembering all he taught her, when they were only together for maybe a couple of days.  And did she stay in that apartment for an entire year ?  How would she get money or food ? Or pay the bills ? Or not know anything about Evernow ?

I guess that explains why Claire died in childbirth, but why didn't Nathan steal his sister's powers in utero ? 

And who is the father of the twins ?  Is his name Anakin ?  </sarcasm>

And the scene with Creepy Murdering Mom killing the guy in their hotel room was cheesy as hell. Both her "I've snapped! I'm evil now!" look and her husband's "Oh God! You're evil now!" look made me laugh so hard I almost cried.

That scene was just terrible, and Luke certainly didn't look like he was onboard with the psycho-killer wife he now has.

That brief scene with Carlos as the guilty "war hero" could have been dropped completely.

• Love 6

Okay, sure. I spend a week ripping into the Heroes writers about Claire's death... and they go ahead and find a solution that actually kinda makes sense. A little. A minor quibble though, Angela: Peter was never a human Hoover that sucked away people's powers, that was his dad's gig. Peter only mimicked powers. Another minor quibble: stop calling Tommy/Nathan a Petrelli. His sister is one, too. And I'm assuming this Tommy/Nathan's power works the same as Peter's: he steals the powers through touch, and only one at a time like Peter used to do (guess they learned their lesson from Peter and Sylar being too overpowered). Too bad Claire didn't have a Caesarian? I did notice that aged!Angela never touched Tommy/Nathan, but then wouldn't it be as simple as "Don't touch your sister so you don't steal her power"?

I don't know how keen I am on the idea of Claire actually being dead, but if she had to go, I'll grudgingly admit that it makes a little sense. Not particularly feeling aged!Angela and aged!Hiro with bad wigs and bad grey streak jobs in their hair.

Still don't care about Carlos. Boring. Next, please!

So the big butterfly is Quentin still being alive? And now a rat for Erica, of course. No confirmation that Mohinder got blown to pieces (I still say he's too stupid and pretty to die) unless I missed it. Matt Parkman selling his abilities to the "highest bidder" doesn't surprise me. He was never the sharpest crayon in the box, either. And the scene with Creepy Murdering Mom killing the guy in their hotel room was cheesy as hell. Both her "I've snapped! I'm evil now!" look and her husband's "Oh God! You're evil now!" look made me laugh so hard I almost cried.

Which brings me to my third, less minor quibble: the acting of the "new" characters on this show is bad. Laughably bad. Is it just me? The kid who plays Tommy/Nathan seems particularly bad and just looks constipated when he's trying to look all tough and serious and grown up. I already thought that Creepy Murdering Mom was over the top, but the kid has been grating the past few episodes. 

Poor Erica. That looked like a really painful place to get shot. Although if it would have been an inch or so higher...

Erica is a horrible Horrible human being. It sucks that Quentin bought into his idiot sisters bullshit.

• Love 4

Erica is a horrible Horrible human being. It sucks that Quentin bought into his idiot sisters bullshit.

They're the new dumbass duo like Maya and her brother was in S2 when they blindly bought into Sylar's bs.

That brief scene with Carlos as the guilty "war hero" could have been dropped completely.

Agreed, he still feels completely out of place with all that's been going on.

And the scene with Creepy Murdering Mom killing the guy in their hotel room was cheesy as hell. Both her "I've snapped! I'm evil now!" look and her husband's "Oh God! You're evil now!" look made me laugh so hard I almost cried.

That was just awful and it somehow made her paper thin character even worse.  Again, I'm just disappointed that this was the character Zachary Levi ended up with.

• Love 4

Also, from last week: "We have to take the kids back 15 years because Claire's powers didn't manifest until she was 15/16!"

This week: "Oh, they manifested their power the second they were born. Or at least one did. Huh. Never saw that coming." I kinda want to go back and see whether infant Tommy/Nathan and infant Malina were ever in touching distance of each other. Or does he just take powers when he feels like it? What, no Hero ever worked as a cashier at a gas station and handed Tommy/Nathan his change after buying a Slurpee? Hiro was the only one he ever came in touching contact with? Penny dude never patted him on the head? Kinda confused now.

I understand that they had to hide them for their safety, in the past was the best idea, but I guess I'll call it Minor Quibble #4 for this week's offering.

• Love 6

They're the new dumbass duo like Maya and her brother was in S2 when they blindly bought into Sylar's bs.

Agreed, he still feels completely out of place with all that's been going on.

That was just awful and it somehow made her paper thin character even worse.  Again, I'm just disappointed that this was the character Zachary Levi ended up with.

Oh god I remember that Brother and sister duo! They were dumb. And I love Zach Levi from Chuck and I'm still waiting for him to become a better character on here

• Love 1

Oh god I remember that Brother and sister duo! They were dumb. And I love Zach Levi from Chuck and I'm still waiting for him to become a better character on here

Ikr.  As for Zach, it's just disappointing.

How did Otomo manage to get Hiro's sword and stash it in the secret compartment in his apartment ?  All before a Harris clone came to take him away.

Let alone, how was Hiro's sword associated wtih Miko's ability to move back/forth between the real world and Evernow ?

in the premiere episode, Miko seemed to have no idea who Katana Girl was, but Otomo called her Katana Girl in this episode.

Miko never went into that one room in the apartment in an entire year -- WTF ?

• Love 5

That was the televised equivalent of whiplash.  I may have to watch this episode again to fully grasp what just happened.

That's Heroes, I remember this happening in the original series, a constant whiplash of plot points and then negating them a couple episodes later.

• Love 2

My thoughts on this were basically "timey wimey wibbly wobbly". I suppose this doesn't totally retcon the first few episodes, but it still makes me reevaluate what the point of some of it was.

My quibble - Nathan/Tommy stole Hiro's power, and couldn't touch his sister.  But he could touch Molly to send her away and then penny guy a minute later.

• Love 15

My stupid TIVO is 5 minutes off for some reason - what happened at the end? It cut off right when Quentin ran up to HRG.  Also - previews for next week?

Turns out that Quentin now works for Renautus, HRG did an info dump since Quentin was still alive (one of the 'butterflies' that Hiro was worried about) and told him about Claire's twins thinking that Quentin was still on his side -- but Quentin promptly phoned to Erica Cravid with the news.

• Love 1

My thoughts on this were basically "timey wimey wibbly wobbly". I suppose this doesn't totally retcon the first few episodes, but it still makes me reevaluate what the point of some of it was.

My quibble - Nathan/Tommy stole Hiro's power, and couldn't touch his sister.  But he could touch Molly to send her away and then penny guy a minute later.

Yes, me too! I thought one of the Harris clones touched him also (though I may be misremembering that) he took Claires and then Hiro's but no one elses up to now because he still has Hiro's. I though they were going to say that he's learned to control it or something but then he wasn't allowed near Malina. Is it Hiro's power or someone else's that will help him 'save the world' ?

I suppose this doesn't totally retcon the first few episodes, but it still makes me reevaluate what the point of some of it was.

Me too and why didn't the series start here because even after knowing the answers, I still don't care about most of the new characters.

• Love 3

Heh. I was so concerned about "Did newborn Tommy/Nathan touch newborn Malina at any point?" that I completely missed both Molly and Penny Guy. So, his power only works when the writers need it to! Kinda like how Sylar lost all of his powers and it was supposed to be a reset button and he was only supposed to be left with his original power. Except they left him with telekinesis, which was never his power. 

Yes, me too! I thought one of the Harris clones touched him also (though I may be misremembering that) he took Claires and then Hiro's but no one elses up to now because he still has Hiro's. I though they were going to say that he's learned to control it or something but then he wasn't allowed near Malina. Is it Hiro's power or someone else's that will help him 'save the world' ?

Yup, one of the Harris clones grabbed him in the living room. Forgot about that, too. There is a work-around to that, at least. The cloning power is with Harris Prime and I don't think the clones can clone more clones from what we've seen so far. The word clones looks weird now. So I don't think Tommy/Nathan could have taken his power. The others, though...

I'm going to guess that it's not Hiro's power but Luke's solar power that he ends up absorbing/stealing and Luke will somehow die because of it and get the big hero sacrifice that makes up for his dead, sun allergic son and all those people he killed around the U.S. with his wife. Because redemption. And because it would dovetail nicely with Malina's "Mother Earth" super power. (What is Malina's power? She grows trees, unfreezes butterflies, and can control a swarm of bees. Mother Earth is the best I can come up with.)

Maya and "Alejandro! Alejandro!". Painful during the original airing, and it took an almost full bottle of vodka to get through the rewatch of them/her. What a waste of time she was. Her best bit was when she was comatose in Spidey!Mohinder's web/cocoon thingie and she didn't bleat out anyone's name for like... three episodes. My most favourite Maya moment ever.

• Love 4

And because it would dovetail nicely with Malina's "Mother Earth" super power. (What is Malina's power? She grows trees, unfreezes butterflies, and can control a swarm of bees. Mother Earth is the best I can come up with.)

And she can control auroras.

• Love 1

Maybe Nathan needs to touch skin to steal someone's powers?  It still doesn't make sense.

What also makes no sense (aside from Masi Oka being unavailable) is why Hiro had to stay behind.  He either dies or gets captured and tortured for information. If Nathan zaps him somewhere safe (Angela's place, for example) that could still happen eventually but at least he's got a chance.

I guess Rene is alive now?  If penny guy is the one who erased Noah's memories then the whole "kill me if you see me" thing never applies.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 6

That scene was just terrible, and Luke certainly didn't look like he was onboard with the psycho-killer wife he now has.

"What?  You didn't save our son?  You saved someone else!  I hate you!  I'm a killer now"

Laughably bad.

• Love 10

Sigh...well, that had the potential to be awesome. And instead, we're right back where we started. More or less. 

Really, really hate that they gave Nathan/Tommy Peter's damn stupid power. It didn't work in the first series (Peter was always either too powerful or too weak when they took away his ability to hold onto more than one at a time), and I don't see it working much better here. I would have much preferred that he have his own teleportation ability. 

They really are determined to kill off the original series cast, aren't they? Claire still dead in childbirth (though at least it makes more sense now), no sign that Mohinder survived, Haitian still dead, Hiro trapped with no powers, looks like Molly still kills herself to protect the twins, but of course Parkman survives. Wasn't he always pretty evil any time we saw his future in the original series too? And since it looks like nothing else has changed, I'm guessing Angela's probably not long for this world either since somehow Malina ends up with Farrah at the North Pole or wherever the hell they are. 

Why did Molly want nothing to do with Noah at the beginning of this series? It doesn't look like her story has changed, so I'm not sure what he did that was so awful that she wouldn't go with him a few episodes ago. They seemed to part on good terms, and it looks like his memory wiped past self is still going to become Ted the car salesman with the fiance.

I thought Quentin would turn out to be a shape shifter at the end, since clearly they had someone impersonate Mohinder to make that video. I suppose there's still time for them to reveal that real Quentin died when Phoebe killed him and this Quentin is a shape shifter. Maybe that's why Phoebe killed him without hesitating- she thought he was the imposter? I don't know, and I'm not sure I really care. Of all the potential changes to the storyline we've been following, this is definitely not the change I would have chosen to make. The way it was looking at the end of last week (Nathan being well aware of his abilities and what he needs to do, etc) was a lot more promising for story awesomeness. 

Exactly why couldn't they let Nathan teleport Hiro out of there too? Or go back for him? If Hiro could freeze time, so can Nathan so why couldn't he teleport back, freeze time, and teleport away with Hiro again? OH right, because Masi Oka isn't officially on the show. But that's no reason for the writers to not have a better thought out answer for that. 

Carlos and Miko- still boring and pointless. I don't care about Carlos' soldier pain, and we already had Miko's origins confirmed for us so I don't think we needed to waste time actually seeing it play out. 

I fast forwarded through Luke and Joann. Once the freezing guy appeared on their doorstep, I knew where it was going and didn't really care to watch them turn into murderers. 

I'm so disappointed with this episode. 

• Love 4

They really are determined to kill off the original series cast, aren't they? Claire still dead in childbirth (though at least it makes more sense now), no sign that Mohinder survived, Haitian still dead, Hiro trapped with no powers, looks like Molly still kills herself to protect the twins, but of course Parkman survives. Wasn't he always pretty evil any time we saw his future in the original series too? And since it looks like nothing else has changed, I'm guessing Angela's probably not long for this world either since somehow Malina ends up with Farrah at the North Pole or wherever the hell they are.

Yup, they brought this series back to give the original characters one final screw job.

• Love 3

Another minor quibble: stop calling Tommy/Nathan a Petrelli. His sister is one, too. 

Ugh, yes. It seriously bugged me when she kept calling him a Petrelli. Seriously, Angela? Your family is pretty fucked up, so that's hardly some badge of honor to wear with pride. i can't even imagine how screwed up Malina probably is if she's been listening to that her entire life. Or does it only apply to the boy child? The twins are also Bennetts (since Claire was raised a Bennett) and Gordons. And since the powers in a family aren't necessarily inherited- who cares? The only case of parents/children having similar abilities (that I can remember) was Arthur and Peter, and even their abilities weren't identical. 

Also, from last week: "We have to take the kids back 15 years because Claire's powers didn't manifest until she was 15/16!"

This week: "Oh, they manifested their power the second they were born. Or at least one did. Huh. Never saw that coming." I kinda want to go back and see whether infant Tommy/Nathan and infant Malina were ever in touching distance of each other. Or does he just take powers when he feels like it? What, no Hero ever worked as a cashier at a gas station and handed Tommy/Nathan his change after buying a Slurpee? Hiro was the only one he ever came in touching contact with? Penny dude never patted him on the head? Kinda confused now.

I understand that they had to hide them for their safety, in the past was the best idea, but I guess I'll call it Minor Quibble #4 for this week's offering.

That's what I kept thinking too. Did he really go through his entire life and NEVER encounter another Evo to steal an ability from? He's been trained to use Hiro's power but what about his own innate one? It didn't seem like he had any control over it when he was using it as an infant.

I don't get Otomo telling Miko about remembering all he taught her, when they were only together for maybe a couple of days.  And did she stay in that apartment for an entire year ?  How would she get money or food ? Or pay the bills ? Or not know anything about Evernow ?

They really should have left this whole part out of the episode. Once they showed she had no concept of hunger/eating, and then her father was taken away almost immediately after, it took me out of the story entirely because I kept wondering "so no one's potty trained her? Taught her about bathing? And she was there for a whole year by herself?"

• Love 6

I think it's something to do with script & direction of Heroes Reborn.  Robbie Kay, from what I've seen in other performances, is talented.  It feels like it's the same with Zachary Levi--really talented (I couldn't believe the guy I saw on Chuck was the same guy from Less Than Perfect).  But somehow it sorta falls apart.  But then, original Heroes was kinda like that too.  It was Jack Coleman & Zachary Quinto who stood out as brilliant over the other cast members, even though the other actors have since proven that they are pretty talented outside of the Heroes universe.

That being said, I still love the show, even when it's hokey and bad.  It's certainly not award winning, but I do get caught up in all the nuances, even when I know the plots and writing aren't up to standard. I mean the actors I already knew (Robbie Kay, Zachary Levi, Jack Coleman, Henry Zobrowski, etc.) are fun to see on the screen even if the plot has enough wholes to drain spaghetti.

And Tommy/Nathan's power is probably going to bite the writers.  He can't be near anyone or he can't touch anyone?  Because he spent a lot of time standing near Grandma Petrelli and he touched Molly and the Penny-for-your-Thoughts Guy to transport them. So he should have lost the "Hiro" power. Right?

• Love 2

If anything Carlos is MORE boring to me in this episode and serves only as a way to introduce invisible girl - who doesn't really seem to need that much introduction. It's not like we needed her backstory.

HRG blathering to Quentin about the twins was incredibly stupid, he knows it's the most important secret in the world and knows Quentin is a butterfly and out of place.

I didn't find Zach's wife's evil face to be that much different from her not.evil! face. Perhaps if they'd cast someone with softer features. Shallow reaction aside, I don't think the path from decent human beings to grieving parents to "I kill people and I like it. I really, really like it! Mwha hah ha!" has been particularly well laid out.

• Love 2

If anything Carlos is MORE boring to me in this episode and serves only as a way to introduce invisible girl - who doesn't really seem to need that much introduction. It's not like we needed her backstory.

Just a waste of time, we already have a lot going in the series as it is.

I didn't find Zach's wife's evil face to be that much different from her not.evil! face. Perhaps if they'd cast someone with softer features. Shallow reaction aside, I don't think the path from decent human beings to grieving parents to "I kill people and I like it. I really, really like it! Mwha hah ha!" has been particularly well laid out.

She just turned killer all of the sudden, the scene was just laughably awful.

• Love 1

So if Nathan can only absorb one power at a time, when he gets a new one, what happens to the first one? Like did Claire's power go back to her (or would it if she was alive)? And if he absorbed someone else's power would Hiro get his back? You'd think they'd want him to learn to absorb/return powers at will, instead of just teleporting.

• Love 3

Angela (paraphrased): Nathan can absorbed powers, just like his great-grandfather and great-uncle.

Me: You know who else could absorbed powers?  Sylar.

I wonder if Matt and Mohinder hung out while they were both working for Renautas.  Then, they would call Molly and all three of them would get lunch and talk about when they all lived together.  Maybe Matt will bring Matt Jr. along, and Molly would be all protective big sister and Mohinder will need his help when his computer breaks down.  Mohinder would talk science stuff with them, to the confusion of both Matts and the understanding of Molly.

If Nathan Nakamura/ Tommy Clark was raised in Odessa, did the Clarks/Nakamuras run the Bennets during that time?  Did Hiro take Nathan to the grocery store and see Sandra with Claire and Lyle picking up waffle mix?  Would he be obviously conspicuous while trying not to comment on the irony of Claire saying that Baby Nathan is cute?

Finally, if Quentin already found Phoebe, does that mean he never approached Micah, and Micah never got captured?  Is Hero_Truther still free, exposing everything?

• Love 2

I wonder if Matt and Mohinder hung out while they were both working for Renautas.  Then, they would call Molly and all three of them would get lunch and talk about when they all lived together.  Maybe Matt will bring Matt Jr. along, and Molly would be all protective big sister and Mohinder will need his help when his computer breaks down.  Mohinder would talk science stuff with them, to the confusion of both Matts and the understanding of Molly.

If Nathan Nakamura/ Tommy Clark was raised in Odessa, did the Clarks/Nakamuras run the Bennets during that time?  Did Hiro take Nathan to the grocery store and see Sandra with Claire and Lyle picking up waffle mix?  Would he be obviously conspicuous while trying not to comment on the irony of Claire saying that Baby Nathan is cute?

Finally, if Quentin already found Phoebe, does that mean he never approached Micah, and Micah never got captured?  Is Hero_Truther still free, exposing everything?

Whimper :( my head hurts.

Edited by dgpolo
  • Love 4

Odessa must really be an enormous place, if all these people can live there simultaneously and never accidentally run into each other. I mean, I live in a city of about 5 million and I run into people I know all the time. Wiki says it only has 100,000 people - where I come from, that's a small town. And considering how many heroes have run in and out of that town, it makes it even weirder.

There's something sad about the idea of Hiro watching Claire grow up, seeing her name in the local paper, while raising her boy. I'm finding this show a bit depressing, what with all the deaths (although I'm hoping the Haitian at least is back now). And something about Hiro, who the first season promised us would eventually overcome his geekiness to become this epic samurai, instead becoming just someone's nice middle-aged dad with a sword collection, is meh.

Also, how did Hiro explain where he got this totally Caucasian baby from? I mean, I know everybody can have kids who look nothing like them, but still. I wonder if Nathan still remembers how to speak Japanese.

Had Angela gotten herself to a nunnery, or just Malina?

Luke and Mrs. Luke commit the cardial sin of sucking utterly while being extraordinarily boring and I hope when the giant fireball comes in a few episodes, it only roasts the two of them in some kind of freak accident.

I think the Miko storyline was only in this episode so that her creator could say 'I am your father' because of the whole Star Wars theme. Next week, someone will randomly say 'There is another', and the writers will all feel very clever and proud of themselves.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 3

I hadn't even thought of the fact that Claire would be growing up in the same town where Hiro is raising her son. There's something incredibly sad about that.

Love the idea that Matt, Mohinder, and Molly kept in touch. It looks like we know Molly and Mohinder did (how did Quentin get his manuscript if he gave it to Molly to keep, by the way?) but who knows about Matt. I'd guess no, sadly.

Odessa must really be an enormous place, if all these people can live there simultaneously and never accidentally run into each other. I mean, I live in a city of about 5 million and I run into people I know all the time. Wiki says it only has 100,000 people - where I come from, that's a small town. And considering how many heroes have run in and out of that town, it makes it even weirder.

There's something sad about the idea of Hiro watching Claire grow up, seeing her name in the local paper, while raising her boy. I'm finding this show a bit depressing, what with all the deaths (although I'm hoping the Haitian at least is back now). And something about Hiro, who the first season promised us would eventually overcome his geekiness to become this epic samurai, instead becoming just someone's nice middle-aged dad with a sword collection, is meh.

Also, how did Hiro explain where he got this totally Caucasian baby from? I mean, I know everybody can have kids who look nothing like them, but still. I wonder if Nathan still remembers how to speak Japanese

And what's even more depressing is that Hiro became someone's middle aged dad and his son doesn't even remember him now. They were way too quick to wipe his memory.
  • Love 3

And what's even more depressing is that Hiro became someone's middle aged dad and his son doesn't even remember him now. They were way too quick to wipe his memory.

I hadn't even thought of that, it is super sad. Can that guy give him back his memories? Maybe that's a power. I was already depressed about Claire being dead (and am still hoping there's a twist about that), but Hiro losing his powers and getting stuck in the past just makes it worse.

This is why I hate reboots. They ruin memories of the original.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 6

Man, I'm usually someone who watches entire episodes and never has been into the whole" fast-forward through characters' scenes" kind of viewer, but I'm this close to doing it with Luke and Joanne.  They just suck.  I hate them both.  Joanne kills that poor Evo for daring to thank Luke and offer his condolences, and that's what "suddenly" turns her into a psycho.  OK, the show wanted me to think that she just snapped, but to go from zero to CRAZY that quickly, makes me believe she always had to have had a screw loose in her.  And Luke now really is just a pushover, so I don't like him either.  They're such a waste of space.  Zachary Levi deserves way better then this.

So, basically, after all that is said and done, the biggest changed caused by Noah is that he attempted to kill Erica, and that ended up preventing Quentin's death, but turned him into an agent of hers instead.  Great.  Can't wait to see scene after scene of Noah looking like an idiot, and giving Quentin info he shouldn't.  Way to make one of my favorite characters have to be a dumbass in order to further the story.

Why exactly did Hiro have to stick around and fight Harris and his army of Primes?  If Tommy was just going to teleport everyone out, why didn't he just come with?  I know they were going for some kind of noble sacrifice thing, but they could have done a much better job at making it where Hiro had no choice.

Parkman appearance!  Hate to be shallow, but did Greg Grunberg put on more weight?  I know he's always been a bit overweight, but I felt like he looked bigger here.

Find out that the reason Carlos is disgruntled is because he served with Nazan/Invisible Lady in the military, and got an accommodation for something she did, in order to hide her powers.  Ok, then.

Also get how Miko was actually created, which was silly, although the actor playing her father at least sold the final scenes.

Tommy's powers are absorbing others, so that's why Claire is dead.  And I'm guessing he'll end up having to acquire a new power of some kind to "save the world", with his sister and everything.

• Love 3

Man, I'm usually someone who watches entire episodes and never has been into the whole" fast-forward through characters' scenes" kind of viewer, but I'm this close to doing it with Luke and Joanne.  They just suck.  I hate them both.  Joanne kills that poor Evo for daring to thank Luke and offer his condolences, and that's what "suddenly" turns her into a psycho.  OK, the show wanted me to think that she just snapped, but to go from zero to CRAZY that quickly, makes me believe she always had to have had a screw loose in her.  And Luke now really is just a pushover, so I don't like him either.  They're such a waste of space.  Zachary Levi deserves way better then this.

Exactly, it would've only made sense if she actually went after the people responsible not the one thanking her husband who she just snapped all of the sudden, it only makes her character look even worse and it was already bad to begin with.

Still doesn't explain why Molly would rather shoot herself than go with Noah. Hiro was another wasted 'death'....grrrr!

Knowing about the incident now, there are earlier episodes that make no sense, it just seems like they brought them back to screw them over.

Edited by Free
  • Love 3

So, basically, after all that is said and done, the biggest changed caused by Noah is that he attempted to kill Erica, and that ended up preventing Quentin's death, but turned him into an agent of hers instead.  Great.  Can't wait to see scene after scene of Noah looking like an idiot, and giving Quentin info he shouldn't.  Way to make one of my favorite characters have to be a dumbass in order to further the story.

See, now I'm wondering if he was a mole for Erica all along, since very little changed. How was he directed to Bennett in the first place? I can't remember if they ever explained how he knew to track Bennett down, especially since he was living under an alias at the time. Also, how did he get the manuscript that Mohinder gave to Molly?

But that doesn't explain Phoebe killing him so casually.

• Love 1

See, now I'm wondering if he was a mole for Erica all along, since very little changed. How was he directed to Bennett in the first place? I can't remember if they ever explained how he knew to track Bennett down, especially since he was living under an alias at the time. Also, how did he get the manuscript that Mohinder gave to Molly?

But that doesn't explain Phoebe killing him so casually.

Idk, but we had a scene where he was talking with Phoebe.

• Love 1

Exactly, it would've only made sense if she actually went after the people responsible not the one thanking her husband who she just snapped all of the sudden, it only makes her character look even worse and it was already bad to begin with

Add to the fact that they aren't just killing Evos anymore -- they did wipe out that entire room full of people in the basement of old Renautus/Primatech facility none of whom appeared to be Evos.  They are both full-blown mass murderers of regular people, and neither of them seemed to have a problem with that either (until Luke's powers started manifesting).

• Love 4

The cheese factor of Scary Spice's decent into darkness scene gave Anakin Skywalker a run for his money. So now we're not only ripping off Star Wars but trying to out-bad-act it. Well played Heroes Reborn.

• Love 7

Add to the fact that they aren't just killing Evos anymore -- they did wipe out that entire room full of people in the basement of old Renautus/Primatech facility none of whom appeared to be Evos.  They are both full-blown mass murderers of regular people, and neither of them seemed to have a problem with that either (until Luke's powers started manifesting).

It just makes it worse because they suddenly turned into psycho murderers and they're not compelling ones either.

• Love 4

Maybe Nathan needs to touch skin to steal someone's powers?  It still doesn't make sense.

What also makes no sense (aside from Masi Oka being unavailable) is why Hiro had to stay behind.  He either dies or gets captured and tortured for information. If Nathan zaps him somewhere safe (Angela's place, for example) that could still happen eventually but at least he's got a chance.

I guess Rene is alive now?  If penny guy is the one who erased Noah's memories then the whole "kill me if you see me" thing never applies.

It's ridiculous that Nathan's mom doesn't seem to have told him he can zap powers as he doesn't seem to know it in the first episodes. That might have been handy information to have.

I can't believe they couldn't have spent 5 minutes to come up with a reason Hiro needed to stay. That was ridiculous!

The Hatian lives!

Why did Molly want nothing to do with Noah at the beginning of this series? It doesn't look like her story has changed, so I'm not sure what he did that was so awful that she wouldn't go with him a few episodes ago. They seemed to part on good terms, and it looks like his memory wiped past self is still going to become Ted the car salesman with the fiance.

I was actually paying a bit less attention to my computer during this one to try and figure out this very question. And....nothing.

OK, why does the boy with the power over time and space (borrowed from Hiro) have to wait a year?  

I think they have to wait for the poles to actually finish reversing, because plot.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3

The Hatian lives!

I wouldn't be too sure about that unless we get confirmation that the Haitian is actually alive in the new, slightly altered timeline.  It appears that Tommy sent HRG back to practically the same moment he left right after Quentin was killed (in the original timeline) by Phoebe.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be too sure about that unless we get confirmation that the Haitian is actually alive in the new, slightly altered timeline.  It appears that Tommy sent HRG back to practically the same moment he left right after Quentin was killed (in the original timeline) by Phoebe.

Hush your mouth!

The one thing, though, is that it was pretty clear in the first episode that it was The Haitian who wiped him, and that is no longer true. So one would guess that he does't have a business card to lead him to the fake office, where he would meet-up with The Haitian who no longer has been told to kill him. But most likely it will never be cleared-up or mentioned, along with the 72 other things that no longer make sense.

• Love 2

OK, have I got this right?

The HRG/Noah we have been following has stepped on Bradbury's butterfly and so most everyone seems to be a different, albeit not well-thought out, "future." All except for Nathan who seems to be in the exact position he was in when we met him because Future!Noah showed up (doesn't know he's adopted, isn't great with his powers, doesn't know Penny-For-Your-Thoughts Man, etc.). I would have given them props if Future!Noah had inadvertently set everyone on what we had known was their current paths by going back--indicating that he had always gone back--but this seems to be a mix. Bleh.

• Love 6

Actually in the original series, Alejandro was suspicious of Sylar and never trusted him, Maya on the other hand was all over him and I blamed that on her intense need to find some sort of solution to her problem. 

Robbie Kay is honestly an excellent actor. He was awesome in his other series as Peter Pan, and it's really the writing and whatever else you could list wrong with this show that probably sucks the talent from him. 

Honest to god, I had refused to watch this because I knew Sylar wasn't coming back and I was furious what they done to him in later seasons and I didn't want to be Glee'd again by this show. But for some reason I was kind of curious, especially when I heard Robbie Kay was gonna be in it. So I wound up watching it.

*sigh*

Granted there are some good things here, but their being overshadowed by the stuff I am not interested in. And by what's horrible. I'm not even liking the villains, and that's a rarity, because I love a villain. If your hero is boring and your villain is boring, then your show is boring. And show... you're boring. 

• Love 2

Just got caught up because comcast is being an a-hole and being very sketchy about putting stuff on the ondemand app.  Well, I guess it could be the show, but I'm having trouble on a few different shows on different networks, so one can never go wrong blaming comcast.

So my headcanon about baby Nathan is that he could absorb and take away powers by accident as a baby. He didn't have control. Angela and Hiro didn't know that in '99, that he'd grow out of it later. Plus it's safer to keep him away from The Savior in case he just bumped her by accident or something.  As he grew, he got enough control he could retain Hiro's power and not drain other Evos by accident. ... It's not perfect but I can live with it enough.

I believe the Haitian is now alive. If he didn't erase HRG, then HRG didn't have to go back to him to get UN-erased. It doesn't mean we're going to see him again, but it would make sense. I think Q was a butterfly in the altered timeline. I think he was genuine in the first go 'round but working for the company the second time only (which we don't see, only see this version of Q as HRG returns).

We never saw Mohinder's body, iirc, so wouldn't be surprised if he ever came back. Speaking of incompetent people, I can't remember if we know where Peter is?