Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Here's Not Here: Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Producer 1: We don't have agues for Talking Dead on Nov. 1

Producer 2: No problem, we'll play a 90 minute episode

Producer 1: We don't have a 90 minute episode

Producer 2: Just sell a shitload more commercial time

Talking Dead is on tonight and they have a Mystery cast Member which I'm pretty sure is Lennie James

• Love 1

I only know what a parent knows when their kid is heavily involved in a sport and you sit and listen to the coaches and pay for the lessons! ha  Just the little things that I remember my daughter's instructor telling her about hand placement and how to strike and then intense practices at home. There are lots of strikes and different ways to use the bostaff. Very effective weapon like Michonne's sword. More of the survivors should be taught to use them. The reason, because it lengthens your arms. Your attacker can be much farther away from you and you can still do great damage. A guy his size should be using a 6" foot staff though. You usually go about how tall you are or even a little taller. He is doing Aikedo, and my kid studied Taekwondo, so the styles could be a little different in respect to some aspects of technique though. 

Would there be any reason not to sharpen one end?

I mean not for competitors like your daughter (!) but is the staff/art supposed to be specifically non-deadly?  Do they simulate smashing a skull in with the end?

Oh wait, they're giving us a speech about that now. . .

Edited by candall
  • Love 1

oh, S1 Rick would lurve Eastman. 

I'm still not convinced this dude didn't keep people in that cage before the ZA.

I was thinking along those lines when he took the license...he's done this before and likes his trophies, LOL.

Edited by raven
  • Love 1

Ok Morgan, I get why you needed the akido stuff, and I do like the goat farmer/shrink so far, but you don't have to go from one extreme to another.

Why can't they just tell us what happened to Glen?! Fuck this show.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

I am such a sap, I'm actually moved by the walker graveyard and taking the time to find out their names. It must be so hard to let yourself feel that - that they were people once, with lives and names and histories, and now the only one left to mark their passing is you. It's still sad to me.

• Love 9

Would there be any reason not to sharpen one end?

Not sure,  because in Martial arts competitions, we don't want the kids to kill each other! They lose scoring points for deadly force! ha!  I think it would be a good idea personally, I don't know if it would make the staff more weak or brittle at the end or likely to split, depending on the type of wood used. In competition bostaffs, some of the kids use a staff that is fat and consistent width end-to-end like a broom stick ( or even fatter) and many kids use staffs that tapper on each end. Balance is important for competition because some of the flashy routines, involved letting the staff spin on an open hand above your head (like a pizza box on the hand). That is purely a competition "flash" move that has no virtual benefit to hurting a person or a walker.  Killing walkers and saving your life, you may make do with whatever stick you have. There are also other forms with short sticks (single or double). Forgetting the Korean names for those. 

• Love 1

Morgan sharing the peanut butter with Tabitha :(( 

We know this place is so doomed.

Hey Morgan asked about the cell!!  We want to know too, Morgan.

Edited by raven
  • Love 1

Two surprise cast members? I really hope Tabitha is one.

Aikido is rendered null and void should there be a zombie apocalypse. In this case you practice Ai-kick-yo-ass-doe

Or at least the Malcom Reynolds Rule: If anybody tries to kill you, you kill them right back.

Here's our training montage!

• Love 7

I am such a sap, I'm actually moved by the walker graveyard and taking the time to find out their names. It must be so hard to let yourself feel that - that they were people once, with lives and names and histories, and now the only one left to mark their passing is you. It's still sad to me.

Me too.

The lone walker in the wheatfield in the opening credits haunts me.

• Love 2