Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Here's Not Here: Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for S06.E04: Here's Not Here. This is terrible though - when I read first read the episode title, I read it as "HE'S not here".

This episode is once again, 90 minutes long! This thread will close at 10:30 pm, and the episode thread will open at the same time.

Once the episode airs, head on over to this link --> S06.E04: Here's Not Here to continue the discussion.

• Post No Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise)
  • Respect Each Other
  • Always Be Civil
  • Enjoy Yourselves!

I hope you don't mind, but I am totally claiming that Middle-aged Mutant Ninja Morgan picture to use as a phone background.

Its not mine, I just borrowed it.  Go crazy.  :D 

[even if it was something I made, I'd still give you - and anyone - free reign to do what you want with it]

Its not mine, I just borrowed it.  Go crazy.  :D 

[even if it was something I made, I'd still give you - and anyone - free reign to do what you want with it]

Yay! Thank you. If I had any photoshop skills, I'd try to make a matching Master Splinter one for Morgan's cheesemaker.

• Love 1

According to my DTV guide, the info for this episode is...

A new face appears; trust issues form.

Maybe this new face tries to tell our group that they know Here is here, but our group insists that they don't even know Here, let alone them not being here.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

"Here's Not Here".....    Ok, so then where is Here?  Is Here over there??  If I were to study this map, would Here be here???

I've been listening all week, but I still can't Here anywhere.....

According to my DTV guide, the info for this episode is...

Maybe this new face tries to tell our group that they know Here is here, but our group insists that they don't even know Here, let alone them not being here.

Okay, so he's not here, but is he Here, There, and Everywhere?

• Love 1

Very much looking forward to the back story on Morgan. Want to know about Glenn, but can wait a week or so. I think that the super sleuths on the internet have lent very probable answers to the Glenn mystery, so I can wait (I don't like it, but I can wait). 

I think that title is alluding to someone (?) going to some location and it no longer exists and their difficulty in processing that reality (like the entire world as we knew it). Probably Morgan because the story is about him, or the Great Cheesemaker says it to Morgan as he trains him in the art of slicing the cheese. 

Previously, on AMC's "The Walking Dead:"

Rick: A big hole full of walkers! Quick! We have to noisily lead them out of town for twenty miles.

Carter: We could reinforce the perimeter, which would allow time to discuss a more expedient method of dispatch.

Rick: So since no one has any ideas, we need to have that parade right now! With balloons!

(Zaniness ensues.)

Morgan: Hey, there's a bunch of Mad Max rejects killing everyone.

Carol: And one of them just got entrails in my yard. That's it. No cookies for these fuckers.

Morgan: You have the right to remain silent..

Carol: You sure do. BANG! Stab! Stab! Stab!

Jessie: Hey, that looks fun. Stab! Stab! Stab!

Morgan: Hey, that's not necessary. All these kids need is a little parental discipline. You there! You're in time out!

Romulus: OK, we're stopping right now, mister. Ooh, free gun. Finders keepers, dude.

Morgan: Good idea. We wouldn't want to leave that where just anyone could find it.

Carol: What the hell, Morgan? Why didn't you stick-fu them to death?

Morgan: Because I'm a ninja turtle.

Enid: I like turtles!

Rick: Remember, if it gets ugly out there, just leave all the redshirts behind.

Heath: Dude, we're standing right here. We can hear you.

(Zaniness ensues.)

MorganIt sure is nice to go home and put on my fuzzy ducky slippers after a long day of scolding murderers.

Remus: Helter skelter, dude! I'm gonna kill you and your fuzzy ducky slippers!

Morgan: You do realize that I can beat you guys up like five at a time, right?

Remus: Say whuh?

Morgan: Which means if you come here alone, you get a quintuple load of whoop-ass.

(Gives quintuple load of whoop-ass.)

Morgan: Sorry.

Father Pee Pants: I'm sorry, too. Is there anything I can do to help?

Everybody except Nicholas: No!

Nicholas: Actually, you could give me some advice. What should I do if I'm surrounded by zombies?

Glenn: Are you fucking kidding me?

Rick: Oops. I cut my hand. So is this one of those weeks where we even have to wear eye protection when stabbing walkers? Or is it one of those weeks where Abraham can punch them to death until his fists bleed? I wonder what happens in the comics. Hey, maybe that RV has comics in it. I could look at them here, or I could bring them back with me. Coral likes comics. Where's Coral?

(Enters RV. Meets Wolves. Zaniness ensues.)

Carl: Well, screw it. If I'm not getting laid this season, I'm putting the hat back on.

Well done. (applause ensues)

• Love 4

Rick: A big hole full of walkers! Quick! We have to noisily lead them out of town for twenty miles.

Carter: We could reinforce the perimeter, which would allow time to discuss a more expedient method of dispatch.

Rick: So since no one has any ideas, we need to have that parade right now! With balloons!

(Zaniness ensues.)

Morgan: Hey, there's a bunch of Mad Max rejects killing everyone.

Carol: And one of them just got entrails in my yard. That's it. No cookies for these fuckers.

Morgan: You have the right to remain silent..

Carol: You sure do. BANG! Stab! Stab! Stab!

Jessie: Hey, that looks fun. Stab! Stab! Stab!

Morgan: Hey, that's not necessary. All these kids need is a little parental discipline. You there! You're in time out!

Romulus: OK, we're stopping right now, mister. Ooh, free gun. Finders keepers, dude.

Morgan: Good idea. We wouldn't want to leave that where just anyone could find it.

Carol: What the hell, Morgan? Why didn't you stick-fu them to death?

Morgan: Because I'm a ninja turtle.

Enid: I like turtles!

Rick: Remember, if it gets ugly out there, just leave all the redshirts behind.

Heath: Dude, we're standing right here. We can hear you.

(Zaniness ensues.)

MorganIt sure is nice to go home and put on my fuzzy ducky slippers after a long day of scolding murderers.

Remus: Helter skelter, dude! I'm gonna kill you and your fuzzy ducky slippers!

Morgan: You do realize that I can beat you guys up like five at a time, right?

Remus: Say whuh?

Morgan: Which means if you come here alone, you get a quintuple load of whoop-ass.

(Gives quintuple load of whoop-ass.)

Morgan: Sorry.

Father Pee Pants: I'm sorry, too. Is there anything I can do to help?

Everybody except Nicholas: No!

Nicholas: Actually, you could give me some advice. What should I do if I'm surrounded by zombies?

Glenn: Are you fucking kidding me?

Rick: Oops. I cut my hand. So is this one of those weeks where we even have to wear eye protection when stabbing walkers? Or is it one of those weeks where Abraham can punch them to death until his fists bleed? I wonder what happens in the comics. Hey, maybe that RV has comics in it. I could look at them here, or I could bring them back with me. Coral likes comics. Where's Coral?

(Enters RV. Meets Wolves. Zaniness ensues.)

Carl: Well, screw it. If I'm not getting laid this season, I'm putting the hat back on.

I love you, Cletus. I feel like I should offer you virtual baked goods or my firstborn or something like that.

• Love 3

Cletus cracks me up every week at least once.

OK, the title reminded me of Gertrude Stein's famous "there is no there there" line (when referring to her childhood home in Oakland, CA).  Then I read the full quote lifted from one of her biographies, which continued with: "It is a funny thing about addresses where you live. When you live there you know it so well that it is like an identity a thing that is so much a thing that it could not ever be any other thing and then you live somewhere else and years later, the address that was so much an address that it was like your name and you said it as if it was not an address but something that was living and then years after you do not know what the address was and when you say it it is not a name anymore but something you cannot remember. That is what makes your identity not a thing that exists but something you do or do not remember." Emphasis mine....   although I might add, "something you do or do not [choose] to remember," and this rather applies to our intrepid rag-tag band of post-apocalyptic adventurers; maybe Morgan more so.  I'm looking forward to this episode.

• Love 4

(Zaniness ensues.)

Your post somehow makes me think of hiding behind the chainsaws, lol.

• Love 3

My speculation is that taking a time out from showing the saga of The Ricktator's March to the Interstate (in the manner of Sherman's March to the Sea) to have a very special episode of Morgan's origin story will only serve to reap (more?) hatred on poor Morgan from TWD's fans.

Glen was killed in last week's episode (or not - who the F knows).  A much beloved character, who has managed to survive Dumb Ass since the beginning.  As much as I love Morgan - I have no time for him this week - all I want to know about is Glen and to mourn his loss (or not???).    

• Love 4

Very much looking forward to the back story on Morgan. Want to know about Glenn, but can wait a week or so.

Me as well.  He always stood out in his brief appearances so I'm interested in his journey, and Lennie James is a terrific actor.  I always like getting away from the main story for a bit except for the Philip eps, which were tedious to me.

I'm just not all that worried about Glenn; he's either dead or not.  Meh.  After the initial shock last week, I'm just curious if he is dead, how do the rest figure it out, is he devoured completely - I've always thought it would be great for the characters not to know, how much certainty would you really get in this world, how they deal with that.  I always thought it would have been good for them never to find Sophia, the odds were definitely agains them. 

If he's not dead, I just hope it isn't too contrived.  Glenn could definitely find a way to wiggle out of things, assuming that's Nicholas being torn apart.

• Love 4

It's a 90 minute episode, so they may show more than just Morgan's flashbacks. 

And once again, I realized it when setting up my DVR to tape the episode. Phew!

This thread will close at 10:30 pm today, and the actual episode thread will open at 10:30 pm. I don't know - after last weeks action packed drama, I feel like this episode is gonna be SLOW....TWD tends to do that, has a crazy (probably budget sapping) episode, followed by a "Bottle" episode. Hopefully it's interesting.

• Love 3
I don't know - after last weeks action packed drama, I feel like this episode is gonna be SLOW....TWD tends to do that, has a crazy (probably budget sapping) episode, followed by a "Bottle" episode. Hopefully it's interesting.

I don't mind if an episode is slow, as long as it keeps my interest. Slow might be good for tonight as I'm not sure my blood pressure can cope with another episode like we've had the last two weeks. Since it's a showcase for Lennie James, I'm optimistic that it'll be a little more Clear and a little less Slabtown.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 5

I too would like an episode with more talkie talkie less stabby stabby. As long as it's good dialogue of course. In the past, the slower episodes show that sometimes the writing can be a little on the weak side.

• Love 3

I've always loved Morgan/Lennie James so I was excited to see his journey from Clear to now. But with 90min, I hope they show some of the fallout at Alexandria. I can't see how they can fill 90 min with Morgan finally coming to his senses, meeting someone who teaches his pole skills, and then him following our group to Washington. 

This show just needs to stop giving episodes to one/two characters. It rarely works and only makes me want to see the other characters, no matter how much I like the people in it. Or in some cases, makes me dislike them(aka Beth/Daryl of s4)

• Love 4

Swear to God, the next person who brings this up......

tumblr_mekicjDqgx1rv7cdvo1_500.gif

Ok, not really.  But I liked the humor behind the idea, so :P

Ha! I want the same for the next person who claims that Rick is turning to Shane as well.

• Love 7

I think Gimple penned this one (autocorrect wants to say Gimlet!)

LOL, love me some autocorrect.

Jeez, I thought the epi was "He's not Here" and just realized it's "Here's not Here".  Duh.

Watching Morgan handle five wolves at a time definitely is a thing of beauty.

I don't understand why Team Family/Alexandria weren't on the lookout for Wolves; they knew they were out there.  Morgan, Daryl and Aaron had run into them near Alexandria.  Rick, Glenn and Michonne had seen what the Wolves could do.  Rick shouldn't have taken every able-bodied fighter to lead the Zombie parade. Not killing Wolves might not have been the greatest idea but Morgan didn't bring the Wolves to the door.  It was just a matter of time before Alexandria got attacked.

• Love 1

I don't understand why Team Family/Alexandria weren't on the lookout for Wolves; they knew they were out there.  Morgan, Daryl and Aaron had run into them near Alexandria.  Rick, Glenn and Michonne had seen what the Wolves could do.  Rick shouldn't have taken every able-bodied fighter to lead the Zombie parade. Not killing Wolves might not have been the greatest idea but Morgan didn't bring the Wolves to the door.  It was just a matter of time before Alexandria got attacked.

Rick told Deanna that everyone had to be armed and to increase the number of lookouts so it is not like he did not speak up. He took some of the people to do the practice run leading the walkers because he viewed their escape as the more pressing problem. He certainly did not take "every able-bodied fighter" on the practice because Maggie, Rosita, Carol, Carl, and Aaron were all back at Alexandria. Besides, if they had not been at the quarry, the walkers would have overrun them as soon as they fought off the Wolves. They were under siege by two sources of danger. Sometimes there is no simple or ideal solution to a situation. Regardless, some people were going to die. At least, now some of them have survived and they have a chance of escaping. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

The title suggests that maybe he gets lost in a unfamiliar mall trying to find Vitoria Secret. You know where everyone has that familiar pink bag but no one can seem to point you in the right direction.

• Love 1

Not happy with Morgan's current state of mind.

With that said, Lennie James is a phenomenal actor and he'll bring his A game.

For me, Clear is one of the best episodes of the entire series.

Hope this one matches it in quality.

Really excited to see the trailer for Preacher.

• Love 3

Glenn will live but he shouldn't.  That scene was way too well made to ruin it by retconning the situation.  Just watched it again on the replay and he was totally getting ripped apart.  Maybe the group will go to town looking for him and find his head rolling it's way toward Alexandria to be with Maggie...

• Love 1