Type keyword(s) to search

The Consultants

Oh, for the love of Lazaro, Dorothy.  She's familiar with every dress in the store, and while I know she wasn't the one shopping, she still could have steered her almost-niece away from That Same Damned Pnina.  

• Love 2

Then there's Dianne, who gets absolutely giddy when finding out the budget is $5K or higher.  Damn woman sure knows how to sell though.  And she knows how to work the room (or, the entourage).  She knows exactly what to say.

• Love 1

Well, mark me down as exceedingly shallow, but I can't take my eyes off Camille.  I find myself pausing and rewinding to look at her in closeup.  I so don't get her makeup.  Her hairstyle is unflattering, she's very orange, her eyebrows, her "beauty mark", her eyeshadow....it's horrifying.  I have no idea if she's a good consultant because I can't get past her makeup. It's like slowing down to watch a car accident.  You know you shouldn't but you do anyway.  Honestly, how her makeup can be considered a good thing by anyone on the planet is beyond me.  She could be a really attractive woman if she'd let go of that god-awful disguise. 

• Love 3

I liked Keisha has she left now?

Keisha's been gone for several seasons. There was talk when she first left that she was going to have her own show - maybe produced in Canada? - but I never heard about it airing anywhere in the states.

Bring back Keisha!

Some of my family know of the family of one of the brides, so I went looking for the bride online. She wrote a blog item about being on the show, and she posted a photo of herself with Keisha. However the photo is about two years old.

Keisha's been gone for several seasons. There was talk when she first left that she was going to have her own show - maybe produced in Canada? - but I never heard about it airing anywhere in the states.

I caught a few episodes of Keisha's new show while channel surfing a few weekends ago. It's called "Keisha's Perfect Dress" or something like that on the WE TV channel. I think it was produced in Canada.

How is it?  Is she working for a specific store?

It made it seem like it was her own store. I wanted to like it since it's Keisha and she was my fave consultant, but meh - annoying music constantly playing in the background and at times felt a tad too scripted.

My favorite, hands down, is Vera. She's a miracle worker.

I have done alterations on prom and bridesmaids dresses. It helps to have sales consultants who get the customers into dresses that actually look good on them.

You can't believe how many girls pick out a prom dress that looks good on the rack, or in a magazine, and believe that all it needs is alterations and it'll look good on them, too. Or a bride picks out a dress that looks awful on one or more bridesmaids, and thinks the alterations dept will make it work..

The alterations make the dress fit, period. It will not make a dress look good, it will just make it fit.

I don't know if Vera has to deal with that.

But I loved it when Vera had the overweight, middle aged Pnina bride with the see-through pink dress and Vera said, as kindly as possible "I'm going to use my language, if you can understand. Your butterfly is showing."

I thought I was going to die laughing

• Love 8

If I ever went to Kleinfeld's I'd be more interested in meeting some of the staff than I was in finding a dress. Expensive dresses or not, I like Dianne's spirit and wish she was on more. I also like the managers -- Joan, Nicole and Dorothy. The Kleinfeld website "team" page only includes Camille, Debbie and Dianne as consultants.

Here's some info on Keasha. It looks like she's doing well, so good for her. Such a nice person.

Facebook page for Keasha's Perfect Dress (aired on TV One in US and Slice in Canada). It's hard to tell what year it was on but doesn't look like it's currently being broadcast. The TV One website for the show is very sparse. Fourteen episodes from 2012 are available on Hulu.

Website for her store in Detroit.

Article about her opening the new salon.

Article about filming the show in Toronto.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2016 at 7:53 AM, lordonia said:

If I ever went to Kleinfeld's I'd be more interested in meeting some of the staff than I was in finding a dress. Expensive dresses or not, I like Dianne's spirit and wish she was on more. I also like the managers -- Joan, Nicole and Dorothy. The Kleinfeld website "team" page only includes Camille, Debbie and Dianne as consultants.

Here's some info on Keasha. It looks like she's doing well, so good for her. Such a nice person.

Facebook page for Keasha's Perfect Dress (aired on TV One in US and Slice in Canada). It's hard to tell what year it was on but doesn't look like it's currently being broadcast. The TV One website for the show is very sparse. Fourteen episodes from 2012 are available on Hulu.

Website for her store in Detroit.

Article about her opening the new salon.

Article about filming the show in Toronto.

I was just about to post about Keasha's show, i am looking to watch some snark worthy reality shows and was scrolling through hulu and found her show. 

I may watch syttd hulu has from season 9 to 12

Ok can someone tell me what is up with the one consulting with the short platinum hair? I can't think what her name is. Ellie? Every time I see her on screen, I notice there's something going on with her eyes. She never looks directly at the camera. Is she cross eyed? Legally blind? Am I imagining it?

• Love 1

I was just about to post about Keasha's show, i am looking to watch some snark worthy reality shows and was scrolling through hulu and found her show. 

FYI, her special assistant/consultant whom she hired "because of his great fashion sense", is actually an actor and auditioned for the role as an actor on a tv show.  He didn't apply for a job to work in her store. 

Last night I watched an episode from 2013 and as usual, Nicole came out in the beginning to give her pep-talk to all the consultants.  She looked absolutely darling - her hair was in a bob/blunt cut.  I've no idea why she's now shaving her head and seems to be sporting a mohawk-type "do," but it's not a good look.  If she was in her 20s I'd understand it, but I'm guessing she's about 40.  (Apologies to any of you who like her hair.) 

(edited)
On 6/10/2016 at 10:07 AM, Quof said:

FYI, her special assistant/consultant whom she hired "because of his great fashion sense", is actually an actor and auditioned for the role as an actor on a tv show.  He didn't apply for a job to work in her store. 

I used to do nude art studio modeling and am not an especially body conscious/modest person, but even I would balk at letting a man I just met, gay or not, help me dress. I'd feel quite awkward, not in a "he's hitting on me" way, but more "he's judging me."

Edited by lordonia
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I have only watched the first 15 minutes and Shay needs to go the hell away.  Permanently.

I have watched the first hour, the episode is still not over, and am going to sue the producers for Botox and filler injections for my furrowed brow because I have not ONE freaking idea what I am watching. Is it SYTTD? Is it Michelle the wedding planner's wedding bullshit. Is it Shay trying to suck up to Randy. Or are we across the pond for some unknown Brexit reason? Already I hate this show. Or is my sinus medication tripping me? What is going on? I guess I need to find a date for Saturdays now. I can't do this for several weeks.

• Love 4

Dear "Say Yes to the Dress,"  This ain't "The Shay Show."  There's nothing appealing or entertaining about his "personality."  He's giving gay men in the fashion industry a bad name.   We viewers have seen enough of him and his self-aggrandizement. Randy deserves a raise!

The annoying wedding planner got a free commercial...or did she barter for all that air time?  Anyone know if her interns are subjected to her for no pay?

Next year, during March Madness...please--no March MadDress, okay???

• Love 6

If you think of a pithy title, let me know and I'll change it.

Not very pithy, but just a couple of ideas:  The Consultants:  Fitting brides with flare  (play on the fit & flare style):  or, The Consultants: Fitting and flaring (flaring in the sense of the definition "burn with a sudden intensity."  Shay comes to mind with that one. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

The Consultants:  Fitting brides with flare  (play on the fit & flare style):  or, The Consultants: Fitting and flaring (flaring in the sense of the definition "burn with a sudden intensity." 

Or...The Consultants: Fits and Flares   (those two words can be used different ways on this show)

• Love 3

That March MadDress thing is so annoying. I thought we'd seen the last of that curly haired chick last season. Every time she comes on screen I find myself yelling "NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS!"  I find it hard to believe someone spent time, energy, and money on a stupid little wedding dress bracket. What does it add to the show? It's just boring and pointless, and is one of several reasons why I dvr this show instead of watching when it airs.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

Shay is not right for this show. It is all about HIM. He gets the "feels" if it is supposed to be all about the bride instead of, oh, say her family, why are they letting it be all about  [snark font] the fabulous[/snark font] ill dressed consultant.

• Love 4

Dear SYTTD,

Please let me know when you come to your senses and get rid of Shay.  Then I may come back to the show.  In the meantime, sayonara.

Sincerely,

camom

• Love 8

Dear SYTTD,

Please let me know when you come to your senses and get rid of Shay.  Then I may come back to the show.  In the meantime, sayonara.

Sincerely,

camom

Co-signed Koloha3

• Love 5

I have the new shows DVR'd but have not yet watched them.  Now I'm not sure I want to... 

Depends on your tolerance for prima donna consultants with ill-fitting clothes whose attitude is "all about me", thinks he is adorable, constantly proclaims his superior taste makes him the best thing since sliced bread, and doesn't appear to give a crap about the brides.  If that doesn't bother you, go for it.  But keep your finger on the mute button.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Those who read the article yesterday -- how many brides will be demanding the same $25,000 in merchandise to appear in the future?

And on that note the article I saw practically said that was her biggest annual paycheck evah...until Mr. Trump tapped (no pun, of course) "Lady O" for her only full-time job in decades.  "Say Yes to the Dress" producers have either a high tolerance for BS and rudeness or an offbeat sense of humor.

Edited by Former Nun
inserted her self-proclaimed title
  • Love 3

I saw the photos of Randy Fenoli's new bridal line today. Most are unobjectionable. A couple are stunning. (He's made an Audrey Hepburn-type gown in silk that is to die for.) He also ripped off a certain designer whose name rhymes with Renina... Yes, ladies and gents, it's the Stripper Fairy sheer corset midriff gown! The dress that made me shake my head in disbelief: A beautiful gown that appears to have snowballs where the bride's breasts should be. The rest of the bodice is sheer.

I realize I am Old AF, but Randy? Really? 

• Love 1

I recall him disagreeing with the 'taste' of a bride who wanted to 'show it all off', & I was impressed, at the time.  Now he's putting out worse crap than what she wanted to 'wear'. 

I can just imagine the first bride who tries on that blue monstrosity with boobs out all over the place & wears it at her wedding in front of all her family members & in-laws. 

Just a tad less lace & you've got those pasties I predicted in the episodes thread.  I wonder if he or Pnina will 'create' the first wedding bikini - all white lace - $10,000. 

• Love 1