Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

Grammar class was many moons ago for this old gal, but why is she putting an apostrophe with Mondays?  It just looks wrong.  "amiright?"  Gawd.

Actually, the whole photo looks wrong.  Sports bra poses do not flatter you, dear Mariah.  I'd look like hell myself, posing like that, but I'm old and have more class.

Well, I'm sick and bitchier than usual...I'll blame that for any shitty posts I make today.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Grammar class was many moons ago for this old gal, but why is she putting an apostrophe with Mondays?  It just looks wrong.  "amiright?"  Gawd.

Sadly the current generation does not seem to understand the different between plural and possessive.  I have to wonder if that's taught anymore - or is everything taught in text-speak? 

I descend further into curmudgeon-land on a daily basis.

• Love 16

I am recovering from an "unstable" shoulder.  That shoulder can now put my hand farther down my back then Mariah is.  Also at her age I could easily reach the bottom of my bra with both hands in those positions.  And why is she doing this in an alleyway when the have #sunroom???

• Love 5
12 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I thought the alleyway was actually a very artsy photo - if you discount the sports bra, leggings and weirdly contorted arm.  The mix of the brick and siding was interesting.  

So basically remove Mariah and it makes it a great photo....I agree wholeheartedly.  But then we wouldn't know that she is a #chicagoblogger #chicagoyogablogger #sportsbraenthusiast #fromchicago #chicagoexerciseblogger #ingradschoolinchicago #livesinchicago #didyouknowIaminChicago?

15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Sadly the current generation does not seem to understand the different between plural and possessive.  I have to wonder if that's taught anymore - or is everything taught in text-speak? 

I descend further into curmudgeon-land on a daily basis.

Curmudgeon away, I say!  If I see an e-mail or advertisement or brochure from someone and there are spelling or grammar errors, I automatically lose a bit of respect for that person/business.  In a place like this, no big deal - we're snarking, and sometimes the snark comes so fast that mistakes are made as we try to type out our thoughts.  But a business that doesn't bother to proofread (or doesn't care to because they figure no one will notice anyway)  - well, that just ticks me off.  Mariah presents herself as this incredibly socially and self-aware grad student/special snowflake, so she needs to proofread before she posts her next sweaty, sports-bra wearing deep-thought missive.

And she can quickly get off my lawn before I get the hose.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
On 9/8/2018 at 1:54 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

My favorite thing about myself is that I never sit around marvelling over how awesome and fascinating I am. 

My second favorite thing about myself is that I don't go online and post insipid little tributes to myself that reveal the depths of my self-absorption.

My third favorite thing about myself is that my eyebrows don't look like a dump truck left skid marks on my face.

Hmm, I admit I do think I'm pretty freakin' awesome - 

But I definitely do not go online and post insipid tributes to myself - 

Gonna give props to Audrey as her brows are well-groomed and flatter her face, if perhaps a bit thick for my taste - but Mariah's need work.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Nope.  Monday's child is fair of face.  Not appropriate.

Unless you take the 3rd and 4th definitions............

3.  moderately large; ample

4.  neither excellent nor poor; moderately or tolerably good:

"Fair to middling" comes to mind.

Works for me. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That pose makes me think of a little girl with her finger in her mouth.  Let go of the pre-schooler behavior, Mariah.  Watch Mariah's self-care?  No thank you.

I clicked on the link.  It's over 10 minutes long.  Sorry . . . I'm too busy living my own life and doing my own morning routine to care 10 minutes' worth about anyone else's.  Unless it's Hugh Jackman.  Then I want 24 hours, every day.  LOL.  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D1BC8578-09C2-494E-8731-389440AB59F6.jpeg

22CF564F-6D0C-4D0B-A96A-A4AFA72EDCAC.jpeg

One may ask, what could this video be? Or, why would anyone care? To answer the first question:

Her eyebrows, you guys...especially in the still on the video link.  They look to have been drawn on with a brown Sharpie.  She's venturing into Groucho Marx territory now.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D1BC8578-09C2-494E-8731-389440AB59F6.jpeg

22CF564F-6D0C-4D0B-A96A-A4AFA72EDCAC.jpeg

One may ask, what could this video be? Or, why would anyone care? To answer the first question:

I made it close to 2 minute/yoga.  Questions a plenty.  Did she strap a Go Pro on her head to do some of this and then have Audrey do the rest?  Does she make a list of what she has to do every morning?  Type of coffee she is brewing?  OH yes, there prob was a hashtag for that, n/m.  For those that may have lasted longer does she get into the type of bodywash or shampoo she uses?  Does she give a tutorial on how to get brows like that?  When the weather changes to colder temps will she still wear a workout bra everyday?  Her dog is cute and she has enough self esteem for the entire Brown clan.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Take the worst, most obnoxious personality traits of Meri and Kody and mix them together.  The result is Mariah.  

Bingo!  You nailed it.

I almost feel sorry for Audge.  If they get married or stay together, she not only gets Mariah, but Meri & Kody for in-laws.  Triple ugh!

• Love 7

Y'all know I am not a Mariah fan.  I think she is basically a twit, but, I have said before, that she seems happy now in her current iteration.   Much better than sour pus about the "homes".  some of her info on self care isn't that far off the mark.  (I'm retired and have 10 minutes, plus my glass of wine helped)

• Love 11
16 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Go on, honey, pull that pesky front tooth out.  Your dear momma has a brown tooth; maybe your missing dentition can be more fodder for snarking!

I know.  Hell in a hand basket is where I'm headed.  

Scooch over and save me a seat.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

We're going to have a good trip!  I'm happy to leave the driving to you, little sis @Natalie68!

Red wine and chocolate, that's what I'll bring.

You say that now!  Just watch!  I am a very slow driver.  Bright side?  You won't spill your drink!

• Love 6

And, back to thigh fat bulging out the rips in their overpriced jeans.  

Not fat shaming!  I weighed close to 250, 5 years ago.   WW did the trick for me.  It ain't easy, especially when one is pushing 60.  But it can be done (looking at Janelle.)

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They are back to pointing their toes:

2ED1DE88-C1AB-493E-9196-1AF7545F3373.jpeg

I'm sorry, but if I didn't know better I would have thought that Mariah was posing alongside her mother in this picture. They look that much alike - and Audrey looks that much older. 

Aren't they about the same age?  

• Love 2
On 9/24/2018 at 12:28 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm sorry, but if I didn't know better I would have thought that Mariah was posing alongside her mother in this picture. They look that much alike - and Audrey looks that much older. 

Aren't they about the same age?  

From what I found, Mariah was born in July, Audrey in December, both in 1995.

mariahbrwn#chicago #chicagofitness#chicagoblogger #wellnessblogger#healthandwellness #chitown #chitownfit#chicagofitness #chicagowellness#wellnesscommunity #running #cityrunning#chicagorunning

3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Is this a who has the widest behind competition?

The bottom edge of the t-shirts stretched across the (as always) skin tight leggings is not a good look.  Somebody give them a mirror.  One that shows more than cutesy pootsy facial poses.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

How stupid, to showcase their big butts!  I wouldn't be showing those off.

Did the ride break? :P

Those frigging hashtags bug the shit out of me.  But then, so do Meri and Mariah.

It may be that I have a dance tonight  but I see BIG BUTTS and now I have the Sir Mix-A-Lot song in my head.  HA!

• Love 4