Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Burning Love

• Start Topic

Have to say, for someone who likes to eat, Whitney cannot cook.
Glad she got the machine that helps her breathe for her sleep apnea.
I hate beating a dead horse. Girl needs to lose weight.
Why didn’t she sit beside Lennie?
Whitney acting sexy with the cherry was not sexy.
Buddy cockblocking – that’s even cruel for Whitney. I think he’s really sweet on her.
Babs is a hoot. Can we get just a show only with Babs.
Was this the final?

• Love 1

I will say this, as irritating as she is in her talking heads, when they show the clips of her podcast she is nowhere near as annoying.

Did I really just spend 30 minutes of my life watching a girl plan out having sex with her boyfriend? I have never in my life planned so hard to hook up with anyone. Maybe I'm just a prude but I feel like it it happens it happens, no need to force anything so seemingly soon in the relationship. I'm not sure how long they had been together at this point, and honestly it's not a matter of I think she's a hussy for wanting it to happen so soon, but to me that she had to go so far out of her way to make something happen, then maybe it just isn't time yet.

• Love 2

All I can say is that Babs needs to get MUCH more explicit in her seduction lessons!  Assuming that what we saw was "reality" (LOL) I am sure she was horrified when she saw how that played out!  Whitney all visibly sweaty and stained, greasy hair scraped back in ponytail, glasses on, chomping on a giant bite of "pre-dinner banana" that he didn't even see her peel and bite!  (The only bigger turn-off was watching his food disappear into the beard curtain.)  Watching this show is making me mean!

• Love 2

I am more embarrassed for this poor girl with every new episode. I realize that she's an adult and is responsible for her own decisions, but TLC is making a fool of her in front of the entire world. Nothing will convince me that the showrunners don't secretly smirk when she laughs that braying laugh of hers and overshares about "chub rub" and God knows what else. I'm almost angry with TLC for how callously they exploit and take advantage of the kinds of people who would be willing to sign up for a reality show. *cough* Honey Boo Boo *cough* I'm also almost too embarrassed for her to watch anymore, but this show being the train wreck that it is, I know that I will.

I'm still not fully convinced that Lenny isn't a paid actor straight out of central casting. There's something so creepy and distant about him, like he's not fully committed to the role he's there to play. Either way, that pubic hair beard has GOT to go. It's absolutely disgusting, even more so when it moves up and down as he chews food. I'm not even going to comment on the fact that he totally abandoned Whitney to play pool with Buddy because the show is obviously at least 90% scripted.

I truly don't think her No BS campaign is going to gain traction, despite TLC's best efforts to shove it down our throats. As for the two-hour live special next week, kill me now. What on earth are they going to do to fill two hours? Babs will shave Whitney's upper thighs? Whitney and Lenny will finally do the deed on a bed of banana peels while her friends cheer her on from the sidelines? I'm scared to find out.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 9

I thought the whole show last night was disgusting..especially eating those raw oysters..yuck. Maybe Whitney should try losing  a bit of weight, as that might turn Lenny on? Don't think having sex with her would be very easy with her size?

• Love 3

LOVED Babs' sex tips. She is the real star of this show. Whitney's interpretation of her seduction plan was terrible, though. First of all, eating the banana must be done in a sexy way, not chomped on while saying "I'm sweating like a pig" and such. I would have gone with a popsicle, myself. Buddy was a real asshole at the dinner but I didn't mind, since I am not exactly a WhitLen shipper. It is quite pathetic that Whitney can't figure out how to seduce a boyfriend at this point. He probably isn't attracted to her if he isn't making a move, but she might as well try making her OWN move, instead of trying to engineer a situation where he will want to bang her. But here's my "one piece of advice" for you, Whitney: if a grown man says he wants to take it slow, he is not attracted to you. Men almost never want to take it slower than the woman. (I know, I know, equality and shit.)

• Love 7

But here's my "one piece of advice" for you, Whitney: if a grown man says he wants to take it slow, he is not attracted to you. Men almost never want to take it slower than the woman. (I know, I know, equality and shit.)

Granted I say this as a gay man but when I say I want to take things slow it means I would still f**k you tonight, but I want to get to you know you better and maybe it would be better if it wasn't tonight. And I might hold to that for a few more dates. Might. We will see...

• Love 5

Agggghhh, where to begin with this train wreck?  All I can say is this episode was all the proof I need that pretty much everything in this show is fake and staged.  I still think Lenny was hired to play her love interest and Buddy crashing dinner was a TOTAL setup.  Who sits at opposite ends of a long table for a romantic dinner?  Oh, how conveeeenient, so there's enough room for Buddy to "just happen" to come in and crash their little "date"?  And then big mouth Whitney goes and shrinks into a corner while they play pool?  You gotta be kidding me.  They must think only 5 year olds watch this show, and that's an insult to the 5 year olds!  So why am I watching it?  I don't know, but I'm almost embarrassed that I do.  Truthfully they don't do Whitney or her so-called "no body shame" cause any good with the rest of this drivel.  If she wasn't so into being a "star" she might realize that.  It's making me think her message isn't as important to her as being the center of attention.  I think the show is as responsible for this as she is.  That said, I would totally watch the Babs and Glenn show for entertainment purposes only, bananas and staged silliness included.  At least they're funny!

• Love 5

I so agree, Snarklepuss.  I love to hate-watch this show.

My first thought last week, was that "Whitney is going to die."  She was huffin and puffin after a bit of zumba.  Then, this week, when she got the letter from the Dance Museum, she and that asst. teacher were just hanging in the dance room talking--which I think they probably do 80% of the time in there.  

Also, in the clip where her car got towed, she was holding a milky looking giant grande drink from Starbucks. Anything other than black coffee or plain tea has hundreds of calories, sugar, and fat.   Ten to one bet that she drank up all the extra chocolate from the strawberry dip from the dinner with Pubic Beard. 

She thinks she's a dancer. Please.   Making your fat shake is not dancing.

Maybe Whitney could become a diabetes awareness spokesperson since she's ignored the signs for YEARS!  

Seriously, many overweight people don't cook, because we have all gotten used to instant gratification foods, drive-throughs, cheap snacks, etc.  It will take a nutrition revolution for Americans to change.....but I have faith that it is coming.  I am relearning to cook as well.  

Whitney has been spoiled and remains in arrested development at the age of 12.   I wonder when her friends will get tired of her whining.  (When the show goes off and her 15 minutes is up?)  Not so cute to be 40 or 50 and still acting 12.  

• Love 5

Tosia, you're right, this episode made clear that Whitney is no cook.  Perhaps that's something she really needs to learn.  I love to cook and I avoid fast food like the plague.  I even look at nutritional information on restaurant menus before I go out to eat to make an informed choice.  It's insane how fattening so many of the convenience foods are - Even things that don't seem like they should be so fattening.  Maybe that's a reason I'm a size 16 and not a 28 or whatever she is.

• Love 2

Not to be crass but anatomically I don't think Whitney just "has sex" in the sense most of us do. I mean if it is even physically possible which I question I'm guessing it takes a lot more patience and handholding than say most of us having a few too many drinks with a guy we like on the first date, it's probably a pretty big deal even before you get to Whitney's clear body issues.

So yeah, even if the guy wants to have sex with her I could see it being far from a spontaneous thing.

• Love 1

As a big girl (maybe 60lbs smaller than Whitney) it absolutely is possible to have sex, even spontaneous sex.  

That being said, I do agree that he's not attracted to her if he's not doing anything below the neck. I've never had a guy stick strictly to that area and if I did, it would be a warning sign he wasn't into me.  

• Love 6
That being said, I do agree that he's not attracted to her if he's not doing anything below the neck. I've never had a guy stick strictly to that area and if I did, it would be a warning sign he wasn't into me.

There's that plus the fact that his eyes seem to glass over every time he & Whit seem to be in a romantic situation.  It could be the hipster doofus in him (they are prone to not show much emotion or get overly excited about anything) but anybody who chooses to play pool with the male roomie than be with your girlfriend in a very obvious romantic setting just screams I'm-not-that-into-you.

• Love 2

Yep, stripper glitter (love your name), Whit sh have slipped into sometibg more comfortable? Like a peignoir...okd time 50's lacy nighty? THAT would have been hilarious. ..and i can just hear Whit braying abt it!

Sorry for the typos....replying from my phone and it's early.

She should have slipped into... a shower! I can't imagine how gross it would be to sit through dinner, dripping with sweat and then expect to have sex afterward

I realize the cooking was producer driven, but I always think people should lead with their strengths. Clearly, Whitney doesn't cook. Fine. I don't cook either. I have other talents. Plan some activity and go to a restaurant. Or make something simple like sandwiches. Pretending to be a little housewife with the perfect home cooked meal isn't going to get a ring on your finger, Whitney.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 3

I totally agree about the shower bit. It would've taken her 10 minutes to freshen up and it probably would've been a lot more enticing for Lenny.

I had to laugh Buddy coming to dinner table wearing that tight-ass Gryffindor T-shirt. He just seems like one of those oblivious guys that just wants to hang out. If Whitney really wanted to spend time with Lenny, she should've been more explicit. 10 points to Gryffindor.

I really continue to think that Whitney is a nice person. She seems like someone who would be a fun friend and outside of this TV show, she has presented herself as an intelligent and capable person. I just wish that she would drop the Peter Pan syndrome and get her shit together.

• Love 1

Whitney is just a joke.  

And, Whit, when a guy describes your food as "I've had worse" . . . he's not "just being nice."  He's actually saying it sucks.

And have these dolts never actually even seen anyone eat an oyster?  Putting a glob of cocktail sauce on top before shooting it?  Like I said: just a joke.

• Love 1

Whitney all visibly sweaty and stained, greasy hair scraped back in ponytail, glasses on, chomping on a giant bite of "pre-dinner banana" that he didn't even see her peel and bite!  (The only bigger turn-off was watching his food disappear into the beard curtain.)  Watching this show is making me mean!

That scene had me rolling laughing!  Bless her heart, I think Whitney really thought she was being sexy with the banana and the other fruit.  When she asked how the chicken was and her boyfriend said, "Well, I've had worse.", I think she actually thought that was a compliment.  Whitney, girl, any time someone says, "I've had worse.", in regards to your food, it definitely is not a compliment.  LOL!

Oops!  Alapaki, I should have read your post first.  :-)

Edited by swankie

Idk, if somone told me they had worse than my food I'd count it as a win... But I should also add that the only food I feel co dude that in preparing for someone else is cereal, and even that is dicey... It's hard to know the right milk/cereal ratio for any given person.

• Love 2

She should've excused herself to freshen up. Maybe things would have worked out a little better.

I totally agree. She was sweaty, panting, and wearing stained baggy clothing. Plus, she was eating a banana. Nothing about the way she presented herself was sexy.

I assume she's not a virgin so she must have some idea of how to get things going sexually with a boyfriend.

• Love 1

I totally agree. She was sweaty, panting, and wearing stained baggy clothing. Plus, she was eating a banana. Nothing about the way she presented herself was sexy.

I assume she's not a virgin so she must have some idea of how to get things going sexually with a boyfriend.

It depends on the nature of her previous intimate encounters.  Have they been a few drunken one night hookups?  If so, she may not have had to work the seduction angle, the same way you might with a boyfriend or a man you're dating.

Whitney: if a grown man says he wants to take it slow, he is not attracted to you. Men almost never want to take it slower than the woman. (I know, I know, equality and shit.)

My brain does not compute  "...a grown man says he wants to take it slow", because those words do not go together.  In my experience, the only seduction ever necessary for a healthy straight male (can't speak for any gay contingent) was simply to ask if they wanted to stay.  In the blink of an eye, they'll have their clothes off wondering what is taking you so long.  Big red flag here.

• Love 3

My brain does not compute  "...a grown man says he wants to take it slow", because those words do not go together.  In my experience, the only seduction ever necessary for a healthy straight male (can't speak for any gay contingent) was simply to ask if they wanted to stay.  In the blink of an eye, they'll have their clothes off wondering what is taking you so long.  Big red flag here.

I think the sentiment can be real.....rare...but real.  I was the first person my ex-boyfriend seriously dated after his divorce, and he was a little gun shy (pun intended!) but he let me know in every other way that he thought I was the prettiest, most attractive, cutest thing to hit the scene.

However, he had better show some other sign of attraction or else something is wrong.

ETA: will agree that 99% of the time a grown man saying he wants to take it slow means he isn't attracted to you.  Because most of the time men work exactly the way you say....

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 1