Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Will be even funnier if the Live thread is dead that day. 

Yep! Or filled with WTF IS THIS SHIT NO ONE CARES!

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Such a bad idea so late in the season. 

It's SO SO Unbelievably a Bad idea. Our luck it's probably something like OTA is out of Comission for some reason and NTA has to save the day. You know what if 619 is full of Just NTA, BS, and DDragon I want a 620 Bottle Episode with Olicity Dessert and on their  Honeymoon than them along with Dig/Lyla have to save the day wherever they are hell make it a couples retreat or some shit for Olicity and Dyla

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

As a person who can't watch until Pacific Time and just read the live threads, often the comments are more numerous (and funnier) than when the episodes are good. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

I think david, emily and Stephen are all contracted to make an appearance in each episode so I am sure they will pop up at some point. I wouldn't be shocked if it is the last minute though.

Yeah they are contracted for 23 episodes so it's a waste of money not to use them.

8 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Yep! Or filled with WTF IS THIS SHIT NO ONE CARES!

It's SO SO Unbelievably a Bad idea. Our luck it's probably something like OTA is out of Comission for some reason and NTA has to save the day. You know what if 619 is full of Just NTA, BS, and DDragon I want a 620 Bottle Episode with Olicity Dessert and on their  Honeymoon than them along with Dig/Lyla have to save the day wherever they are hell make it a couples retreat or some shit for Olicity and Dyla

I think it's more going to be the villains pov 

Are they trying to mirror Legends? Because last Season LOT had a hilarious episode focused on the villains (with minimal heroes) and just recently this Season another one. But on Legends that works because the show is quirky and embraces a certain goof factor so when you have villains gleefully chewing scenery, it fits well within the vibe of the show. To my knowledge fans really enjoyed at least the Legion of Doom ep last year. 

For Arrow, that is a horrible idea, though. The show has a completely different tone. The villains aren`t that colourful and vibrant. I mean, even the same villains. There is world between Dakrh on Arrow and Darkh on Legends. Right now I would watch maybe a funny episode about Anatoly but that`s it.   

I don`t know what they are thinking this year. I believe the writers actually think NTA are in the right via the dialogue like Curtis talking down Dinah from killing via pointing out how they are not evil - like Oliver. Yet at the same time they make them smug, lacking total self-awareness and giving OTA introspective scenes where they are showing wisdom and kindness. It`s a mad-house of writing.   

• Love 9
(edited)

The similar ep for the Legion was great on LOT last season and got a huge amount of praise so maybe MG was attempting the same thing here. And it wouldn't be a bad idea except I don't give a shit about anyone on "Team Villain" except Anatoly and they've all been dull as dishwasher so far. 

ETA what @Aeryn13 said so much more eloquently.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don`t know what they are thinking this year. I believe the writers actually think NTA are in the right via the dialogue like Curtis talking down Dinah from killing via pointing out how they are not evil - like Oliver. Yet at the same time they make them smug, lacking total self-awareness and giving OTA introspective scenes where they are showing wisdom and kindness. It`s a mad-house of writing.   

This is what concerns me because what the hell are they gonna do to resolve it? Have OTA apologize?! I THINK NOT. I WILL RIOT. ?

(edited)

I think it would be great if the 619 promo features SA, EBR, and DR and that’s it. You know like when the OTA heavy episodes show LL/BS in the promos and not the actual actors who that particular show is about. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
  • Love 4
Just now, Aeryn13 said:

I believe the writers actually think NTA are in the right

If they do, then they absolutely hate the characters then, and not in the "oh the writers must hate all of us" joking way. The way they are writing the newbies is in the plot manipulating way, while OTA are the only ones acting in character (Curtis may have had the speech to Dinah, but Oliver had the almost the same speech to her already in the same episode). They are literally going out of their way to write OTA in a flattering way and are partially doing it by writing the newbs in a less flattering way. Idk how they'll end this story, but at this point they aren't doing the apologizing thing because they went out of their way to show that that's not going to work, basically twice. The newbs aren't right (at least aren't supposed to be right over OTA), the writing as presented has said so multiple times.

• Love 5
(edited)

This is what concerns me because what the hell are they gonna do to resolve it? Have OTA apologize?! I THINK NOT. I WILL RIOT. ?

Me too. Even the thought makes me sick. NTA all need a good dose of self-awareness. I mean the claim that Oliver already "punished" Rene for his little "mistake"? Really, that traitor got punished? Rene calling Oliver a thug and implying William will be so ashamed when he finds out what a loser his father is.  And then what "Oliver did to him". Yeah, after the guy came at him with an axe, it`s not like you are allowed to defend yourself.   

They should have a scene where Zoey finds out what kind of a man her father is and tells him she is so ashamed of him. 

The similar ep for the Legion was great on LOT last season and got a huge amount of praise so maybe MG was attempting the same thing here. And it wouldn't be a bad idea except I don't give a shit about anyone on "Team Villain" except Anatoly and they've all been dull as dishwasher so far. 

While the quality of the villains is a big problem for a villain-centric episode, I don`t think even a Legion-like episode could work on Arrow. I mean, Malcolm and Darkh were villains that originated on the show and you couldn`t really have them interact in the same funny tone as they did on LOT. That episode had me in stitches. I don`t think Arrow ever really did a full-blown comedy episode like that. 

I`m not totally averse to them trying but not with the current villains. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Are they trying to mirror Legends? Because last Season LOT had a hilarious episode focused on the villains (with minimal heroes) and just recently this Season another one. But on Legends that works because the show is quirky and embraces a certain goof factor so when you have villains gleefully chewing scenery, it fits well within the vibe of the show. To my knowledge fans really enjoyed at least the Legion of Doom ep last year. 

It makes sense to do a villains centric episode...It just made sense to do it 9 episodes ago.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

It makes sense to do a villains centric episode...It just made sense to do it 9 episodes ago.

Yep. They should have done it while Cayden was still around but had Dragon do one or two things that had the audience wondering if he was up to something behind Cayden's back.

I get wanting a "gotcha" moment like they had when he killed Cayden, but they've failed when it comes to that character. I really can't buy Dragon as a Big Bad. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Such a bad idea so late in the season.

It's way too late in the season to be pulling this. There was a really good Tumblr post earlier this week about how this stretch of Arrow is always tough (storylines that drag, secondary characters getting the spotlight, etc.), but how the show always "slingshots" back to putting OTA (and specifically Felicity) more in focus as it approaches the end of the season. But episode 19 is definitely pushing it...

• Love 5
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yep. They should have done it while Cayden was still around but had Dragon do one or two things that had the audience wondering if he was up to something behind Cayden's back.

I get wanting a "gotcha" moment like they had when he killed Cayden, but they've failed when it comes to that character. I really can't buy Dragon as a Big Bad. 

The biggest issue is that in Dragon's first episode, he had about seven minutes total screen time. Then he only appeared in about two or three episodes after that with just as minimal screentime and dialogue until his Big Reveal. So when he was revealed as the Big Bad, there was no shock because I had to think about his character to remember who he was. Vigilante/Vince had more of a presence than Dick Dragon.

So this Big Villains episode definitely needed to happen much earlier, maybe around episode 12 or 13, at the very latest? Not episode 19, when I really won't care about the villains. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

It's SO SO Unbelievably a Bad idea. Our luck it's probably something like OTA is out of Comission for some reason and NTA has to save the day. You know what if 619 is full of Just NTA, BS, and DDragon

Ken P implies no newbies in this episode either

Any word on whether Kacey Rohl is shooting 6x19? That might give some confirmation as to whether she is the real big bad.

This is going to sound like a weird comment, but I've been thinking about how this season has an almost perfect narrative structure:

First act up to episode 8: introduced all the key players, sets up the key conflicts of the season.

Second act (9-19):  Things go to hell. OTA vs NTA split. And what they are doing with their villains SHOULD work, narratively, where one gets killed off only to be replaced by the next, essentially playing whack-a-mole with the bad guys.  I am not surprised 6x19 is a villain heavy episode because things should be at their worst for Oliver. If we were purely basing this on structure, this should be the best season ever.

Third Act (20 - 23):  Starts Crisis, and then Oliver fights back.  Order is restored.  Oliver and Felicity go to Aruba.

The only problem with all this is that the show has inconsistent, or in some cases non-existent, characterization.  Characters' personalities switch or morph, and I really think they haven't fleshed out Dragon because they assume his comic reputation precedes him (it doesn't).  It's hard to care about any of these conflicts because the villains motivations are universally weak and uninteresting, and NTA and Lance, who we thought we understood, are absolutely insane. This is all Guggenheim.  He is such a terrible writer.

• Love 5

The sad thing is that this season imo has good ideas, just executed sooooo poorly. The outlines are interesting but they didnt know how to color within those lines and are just drawing all over the place like a child. 

I want to know what was going on within the writers room when they were mapping out this season.

• Love 6

i'll be sure to follow along with the live thread for ep 19, but there is no way I'm watching that shit. lol

An episode with little to none of the main cast is a no for me.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

The sad thing is that this season imo has good ideas, just executed sooooo poorly. The outlines are interesting but they didnt know how to color within those lines and are just drawing all over the place like a child. 

I want to know what was going on within the writers room when they were mapping out this season.

Absolutely nothing!

9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I’m beginning to think they have a bunch of character photos and plot ideas on a wall and they throw darts to pick which ones will get focus and what the plot will be for each episode.

It’s going to be difficult to be engaged in a villain focused episode when they’ve done so little to make any of them particularly compelling to watch. 

• Love 2

I'll watch if Los Angeles traffic cooperates, and I get home in time. The reason is because I don't love myself. Maybe there will be an early Thursday release movie I can go see, lol. 

Seriously, other than Anatoly, none of these villains are worthy of an hour of my time. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

This is going to sound like a weird comment, but I've been thinking about how this season has an almost perfect narrative structure:

First act up to episode 8: introduced all the key players, sets up the key conflicts of the season.

Second act (9-19):  Things go to hell. OTA vs NTA split. And what they are doing with their villains SHOULD work, narratively, where one gets killed off only to be replaced by the next, essentially playing whack-a-mole with the bad guys.  I am not surprised 6x19 is a villain heavy episode because things should be at their worst for Oliver. If we were purely basing this on structure, this should be the best season ever.

Third Act (20 - 23):  Starts Crisis, and then Oliver fights back.  Order is restored.  Oliver and Felicity go to Aruba.

At the beginning of the season, MG said that unlike the A/B structure of prior seasons, this season would have an A/B/C structure, so it's possible. Of course, MG said a lot of stuff at the beginning of the season that seems questionable now.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

53 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I’m beginning to think they have a bunch of character photos and plot ideas on a wall and they throw darts to pick which ones will get focus and what the plot will be for each episode.

79848D9A-80C6-49BE-A78E-8348BE3995BE.gif.51b2024e0aecb8d49c2c847633e903a3.gif

*With apologies to manatees. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It does sound like it. I thought that might have been the case, but then people theorized that he still filmed at least a couple of scenes. But if he's still not back in Vancouver by the weekend, I'll have my suspicions about any of the main cast sans KC being in 6x19. Maybe, just maybe they'll appear in the final scene of the episode. It's just a question of whether it'll be new scenes or footage from a previous episode.

If they produce an episode that is nearly sans heroes that focuses mostly on BS and she does NOT die or hop on a bus, I will buy into the idea that they gave KC some kind of back door pilot even if there was zero intention of the CW ever picking it up.  

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Don't leave me watching all by myself!  I'm a complete-ist.  I can't not watch every episode.  The really terrible episodes are even more fun to watch live with friends than the good ones.  

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

They already have apologized and the NTA basically said "It doesn't change anything Hoss"

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If they produce an episode that is nearly sans heroes that focuses mostly on BS and she does NOT die or hop on a bus, I will buy into the idea that they gave KC some kind of back door pilot even if there was zero intention of the CW ever picking it up.  

Don't leave me watching all by myself!  I'm a complete-ist.  I can't not watch every episode.  The really terrible episodes are even more fun to watch live with friends than the good ones.  

They already have apologized and the NTA basically said "It doesn't change anything Hoss"

I've got your back.  Even if it's just you, me, and @Primal Slayer I think we'll have some fun.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Don't leave me watching all by myself!  I'm a complete-ist.  I can't not watch every episode.

I'm the same way, so I'll be watching and on the live thread. Probably rage-watching, sure, but watching. 

620 better be REALLY good with lots of Oliver/Felicity/Diggle. 

And I still say that the show owes me a return from Rory after everything we've had to sit through this season - and especially after hearing this stuff about 619 - but I think I'm going to have to wait until season 7 if it happens. Give me my favorite newbie back!

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Chances are that I'll be watching too. Thursdays are my busy TV night. Grey's at 7pm, Supernatural at 8pm, then I gotta watch something at 9! I think my 10pm show will be done by 6x19, but since I'm already on my TV that night, I'll be live blogging! Even if it's just four of us, we'll make it a party! Just grab some booze and some snacks! 

I've only skipped two episodes entirely for Arrow: the middle episode for the Black Canary arc in season 3, and Rene's origin story episode. I haven't watched them since. But then again, at least for the first one, I didn't have live blogging. Plus, do you know how much fun it was to rage blog on Thursday? I don't think I've had so much fun during an Arrow episode. I'll gladly rage blog again!

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

It depends if I finish washing my hair in time. ?

Jokes aside, IDK. I'll decide when the time comes but I'm really not interested in it at all.

56 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I'll probably watch as well. To tear the episode apart 

Yes!  Watch it like homework so you have all the correct contextual reasons to rage!  :D  

Plus with the way KP (the pap) is talking about the episode - that thing with KC fans being happy about her screen time but not maybe the storyline- what if this was BS's swan song?  Shouldn't we all know where we were when/if that happens?  

Yes, yes, I know.  Try not to get my hopes up.  

I do have a question.  We've learned NTA and OTA will either be missing or very minimal.  Have we heard anything about Quentin?  What's PB been up to this week?

• Love 2
(edited)

I would love for it to be her last ever ever ever episode but I doubt it. KP said he didn't want her on the show, I think if he knew she was out he would be hinting a bit more.

My guess is they answer the redemption question with a hard nope. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

I think we won't like the episode because she be killing people left and right. But I aint worried about her going anywhere before the finale. 

Since she IG this photo yesterday Im going to guess we get a lot of undercover Laurel. So maybe they're traveling for something? Though I am far more interested in the impersonation storyline.

DXsLOuIWkAAhMgk.jpg

Though with the way that Dragon talks to her in 6x15, I don't really understand why she would really work with him, she can't be THAT afraid of Dinah once she is healed up and 100%.

(edited)

Kacey Rohl has been all over the UK for the past couple of weeks. She apparently left London on March 6th. Not sure she is part of the team villain episode.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Kacey Rohl has been all over the UK for the past couple of weeks. She apparently left London on March 6th. Not sure she is part of the team villain episode.

HUZZAH SHE'S FELICITY'S FRIEND :')

• Love 6