Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't like the idea that Barry's telling Oliver he can have his happy ending Oliver can too. Why would Oliver be questioning it at that point? DO NOT LIKE. 

I really liked the promo though, apart from the Nazi stuff, although they handled it well in what little bits we did see. Hopefully they don't completely bungle it. 

• Love 6

Ugh! I'm so conflicted!

I'll "whoohoo!" after seeing Felicity do the "get the hell off our Earth" speech. (That's a pretty big deal, her giving that speech in the promo)

Then I remember Felicity, a Jewish woman, and Nazis and then I'm back to "grrrrr!"

Also, how soft is this!

tumblr_ozqdowBMuO1upkpglo1_540.gif

• Love 14

I like the promo. Still hate that they're Nazis.

18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't like the idea that Barry's telling Oliver he can have his happy ending Oliver can too. Why would Oliver be questioning it at that point? DO NOT LIKE. 

I kind of feel like they just really wanted that mentor line in there. So that's what we got? 

Edited by insomniadreams88

Based on Felicity shooting down the possibility of a wedding in The Flash GNO crossover and now Barry seemingly try to convince Oliver that he can get married to I'm wondering if Oliver and Felicity have maybe become a little gun shy at the idea of getting married because of what happened in the past and the fact that they rushed their relationship and have just decided instead to Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell it, but then the events of the crossover get them over their last remaining fears. 

• Love 16

That trailer looks great...

-- Oliver: "We're going to show these people that this Earth belongs to us!"
-- Felicity: "We will not surrender. We will not back down. We will keep fighting. So get the hell off our Earth while you still can!"

(Remember, in the LoT 216-Doomworld episode, masked superhero Felicity said: "Star City is my home. I will never stop fighting." She has the same defiant spirit in any alt-reality.)

I also get a kick out of the trailer focusing on "love" in the Arrowverse's big superhero action crossover this year. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

Despite the Nazi of it all, this is a great trailer. (SA's reading of the line "Nazis?!?" pretty much sums up my first reaction to it too). I like that Barry brings back the "got the girl" line from a previous crossover. And it seems like the Supergirl hour is going to have lots of pre-Nazi bonding stuff, which I'm here for. 

Also, Captain Cold calling him Ollie made me snort...

• Love 4

I’ll be the different one (I hope to not offend anyone or ruin the mood) and say I found it so, so gross. I don’t know how to put it into proper words but after seeing the Nazi salute I don’t know what to say..I feel like I’m waiting for someone to come out and say “it’s a joke! We aren’t doing that.” I’m sorry I won’t be watching because the scenes with Barry and Iris and Oliver and Felicity are really sweet and I’m pretty sure the two couples in particular will have some good material but I can’t. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I’ll be the different one (I hope to not offend anyone or ruin the mood) and say I found it so, so gross. I don’t know how to put it into proper words but after seeing the Nazi salute I don’t know what to say..I feel like I’m waiting for someone to come out and say “it’s a joke! We aren’t doing that.” I’m sorry I won’t be watching because the scenes with Barry and Iris and Oliver and Felicity are really sweet and I’m pretty sure the two couples in particular will have some good material but I can’t. 

I'll join you. I didn't expect to be as bothered as I was by the Nazi stuff. I wasn't happy about the premise, but was willing to see where it went. However, that promo made me feel disgusted. It was the shot of prisoners in striped uniforms and the actual swatiska . . . I just feel Iike that is taking it too far. 

• Love 4

It's a good trailer with some great moments but I'm slightly more disturbed than I thought I would be tbh, and I was already not happy about the Nazi thing. Made me feel a bit uneasy but that might be because of my own personal reasons. IDK. 

I'm like Iris though, why do they even crash her wedding? What happens to make Earth X Nazis decide to crash E1 at that very moment? 

It also looks like the main masks get taken to Earth X maybe? So I feel like that might be where Oliver sees Felicity's grave. 

I still laughed at everyone slow-mo walking in a line though. I can't help it now.

• Love 1
Just now, Angel12d said:

I still laughed at everyone slow-mo walking in a line though. I can't help it now.

It's just so stupid. Imagine being on the other side of a fight and watching this group of people in leather, masks and various costumes just walking up in a line like that -- and then posing. I'm sure it's meant to be intimidating - "look how many of us there are!" - but it's not? 

• Love 2

I have to admit, I felt queasy even typing the word "fuhrer"...

Barry: "What can I say? I got the girl."
Cecile or Caitlin?: "Cheers, Iris. To your big day."
Iris: "Thanks, girls."
Kara: "It feels so good to just be away from it all."
Oliver: "I can't believe you're really doing this."
Barry: "If I can get my happy ending, so can you."
Oliver: "I'm supposed to be the all-knowing mentor."
Joe: "Barry. Iris. Thank you... for showing me how to love again. For showing me that love is the most important thing that we have."
Sara; "We got incoming."
Iris: "You have got to be kidding me!"
Oliver: "Nazis?!"
Kara: "I hate Nazis."
Kara: "Get everybody out of here!"
Mick: "Best wedding ever!"
Iris: "Why would Nazis from 1945 want to crash my wedding?"
Mick: "Crab legs. They were delicious."
Barry: "Visitors from another Earth?"
Jax: "Oh, there are more than one?"
Kara: "There are 52, actually."
Wells: "There's a 53rd Earth. It's called Earth-X."
Earth-X Nazi Leader: "Hail, Victory."
Earth-X Nazi Soldiers: "Hail, Fuhrer!"
Earth-X Kara: "They want someone to bow to. To worship. To lead."
Kara: "What you're doing is not leading. It's ruling."
Earth-X Nazi Leader: "Ready!  Aim!  Kill them all!"
Nick: "Jace is hit!"
Oliver: "We're going to show these people that this Earth belongs to us!"
Felicity: "We will not surrender. We will not back down. We will keep fighting. So get the hell off our Earth while you still can!"
Oliver: "Thanks for your help."
Citizen Cold: "We're not done helping yet. Our enemies are still on your Earth, Ollie."
Oliver: "Don't call me that!"
Citizen Cold: "Give it time. I'll get through that crusty exterior."
Sara: "No. You really won't."
Citizen Cold: "I was talking to you."

Edited by tv echo
33 minutes ago, GirlvsTV said:

I'll join you. I didn't expect to be as bothered as I was by the Nazi stuff. I wasn't happy about the premise, but was willing to see where it went. However, that promo made me feel disgusted. It was the shot of prisoners in striped uniforms and the actual swatiska . . . I just feel Iike that is taking it too far. 

I didn’t either or I wouldn’t have watched the promo..I was against the concept even before but I didn’t think it was going to bother me so much. And it also makes me sad in an equal way..I studied WWII in details in school, read and heard from the survivors, watched the documentaries, visited the places and to see their experience used to make a cool, epic superhero fight feels wrong.

• Love 4

I love the Felicity and Olicity bits.

Joe's lines about "learning how to love again" from Barry and Iris gave me squicks because it's things like that which make me remember their brother/sister edge. Most of the time, I'm fine with WestAllen.

I love Oliver with a bow and a tux and being vibed all over the place. ((Where does he hide the arrows?))

So there are only 53* Earths?  This just seems odd. Why 53? If you are going for a multiverse, it should be infinite!

I understand the nazis wanting to take out Barry who can actually do some major damage to timelines and all... but why attack him at his wedding when he's surrounded by his super-friends?

The nazi stuff was no better or worse than I expected. I don't really like the attempt at irony of having Kara and Oliver say "I hate nazis!" only to discover that their dopplegangers are nazis. I see what you are doing with the narrative, writers, and I hates it!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

So there are only 53* Earths?  This just seems odd. Why 53? If you are going for a multiverse, it should be infinite!

I think the "There are 52 Earths" is a nod to the New 52 reboot of the comics. And then they added Earth X as the 53rd

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I love the Felicity and Olicity bits.

Joe's lines about "learning how to love again" from Barry and Iris gave me squicks because it's things like that which make me remember their brother/sister edge. Most of the time, I'm fine with WestAllen.

Lol now you made me think of it and now I can't unthink it. Flash writers why do you make WestAllen so squicky and cringey.

• Love 2

I don't think they are going to the concert (except to save people). I think he might play a Billy Joel song at their reception though. 

There is one song MG loves and it sounds like he ripped the S3 love triangle from it. 

Re crossover seems like Ray gets shot in the suit and Kara, Iris and Felicity get taken?

Can't work out why Kara is in a hospital gown behind Felicity when she makes her speech. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't think they are going to the concert (except to save people). I think he might play a Billy Joel song at their reception though. 

There is one song MG loves and it sounds like he ripped the S3 love triangle from it. 

I guess they could be showing the concert footage as establishing shots before CJ attacks the concert but the description makes me think they are attending for some reason. I still think it's going to be super random. 

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

Okay. I'm not gonna front. That appeals to me. I must be a bad person LOL.

Like it appeals to me because clearly our heroes are going to win. The Nazis are obviously villains and even a bit of Nazi alter egos doesn't bother me.

But that looks pretty entertaining.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

That's ok.  You come sit in the corner with me as someone who is also pretty excited about the crossover.

• Love 11
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

That's ok.  You come sit in the corner with me as someone who is also pretty excited about the crossover.

Cool beans. I'll bring beer, wine, or soda if you bring the chips and dip!

45 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

I understand the nazis wanting to take out Barry who can actually do some major damage to timelines and all... but why attack him at his wedding when he's surrounded by his super-friends?

Stupidity and hubris? I mean I can see them thinking if they conquered Earth 53 they think they can come and get Earth 1.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Like it appeals to me because clearly our heroes are going to win. The Nazis are obviously villains and even a bit of Nazi alter egos doesn't bother me.

As long as no one kills Hitler, that's Dean's job ?

But yeah it looks good and I'm looking forward to our heroes kicking Nazi Ass. Hopefully Felicity gets a good punch in or hits one of them with a stick/bat/table leg. 

• Love 7

Billy Joel is a terrible choice.  He's practically a generation ahead of me--and I'm old--and he had no cool cachet then. Unless it is one of them saying "I grew up with my parents listening to this song," you cannot convince me either Oliver or Felicity would chose that song.

Intellectually, I was pretty sure the Nazi's were going to be a disaster. Seeing them on screen hits me in the gut.  This is hitting "Hail, Hydra" levels, and even that didn't have Captain American wearing Nazi symbols.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As long as no one kills Hitler, that's Dean's job ?

LOL OMG. I would pay all the money to have Nazi!Oliver say they came to Earth 1 to find this asshole in Kansas that foiled their plan to resurrect Hitler. Like I feel like there is some actual Xover potential or at least some reference to it.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

Oliver jumping out of Cisco's breach is pretty cool... To bad the Villain easily deflects the shot though, rendering that cool moment almost pointless. 9/10 Oliver gets his ass kicked after that.

I hope Oliver also helps out against superpowered enemies a bit and not just the "weak" ones... Same with the non super powered villains, I hope the superheroes think they can take them easily and then get rekt. It's more interesting then seeing super vs super and non super vs non super IMO. Perfect moment to show Oliver has what it takes to stand a chance against SUPER villains.

In a previous trailer, Oliver was in the middle during their slow motion walk to the camera, like he should be.. But now Captain Steel is middle. Weird.

• Love 1

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm keeping hope alive that all Nazi stuff will be presented as, you know, Nazi stuff without a drop of sympathy directed towards them. I'm prepared to be disappointed. 

I am excited to see Alex and all the non-masks interacting, and I really liked the nod to Captain Canary. The line of superheroes looked super lame though. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that any of the characters were attending the concert either. I assume the team is all in the bunker when they realize Cayden is targeting the concert and head out to save it, but I guess we'll see.

And I was already pretty excited for the crossover, but that promo made me want to watch it right this minute, not a week from now.

• Love 2

Of course we hate Nazis, but Kara says it like she actually fought Nazis before? We never seen it. If she did,  it's a plot hole. All 4 shows are about to see their best ratings all season.

Edited by Simba122504
Added more thoughts
4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I really liked the promo though, apart from the Nazi stuff, although they handled it well in what little bits we did see. Hopefully they don't completely bungle it. 

I'm willing to believe that Oliver really isn't questioning it but is letting Barry babble about stuff he doesn't understand without correcting him since it's his wedding day.  Aka humoring him. 

1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Billy Joel is a terrible choice.  He's practically a generation ahead of me--and I'm old--and he had no cool cachet then. Unless it is one of them saying "I grew up with my parents listening to this song," you cannot convince me either Oliver or Felicity would chose that song.

I think Billy Joel has moved into the icon category and attracts a far wider audience than one might expect.  My 15 year old nephew and his buddies were all super pumped before and after going to his concert this summer.  I have no idea where he was exposed to his music because I know his dad and mom weren't fans.  My friend's 22 year old daughter who normally is a compulsive Green Day fan also thinks Billy Joel is cool.  So....shrug, I can buy into it. 

Plus you know Donna was probably a fan.

22 minutes ago, Simba122504 said:

Of course we hate Nazis, but Kara says it like she actually fought Nazis before? We never seen it. If she did,  it's a plot hole.

Her aunt tried to take over the world in season one.  Maybe she see's parallels?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Mick:  Best wedding ever.  (That line of Purcell's delivery is worth the price of admission.)

Good trailer.  I still don't like the idea of Nazis but it was a very good trailer.

I like Barry reprising "I got the girl."  Not so happy about him trying to convince Oliver he can have the get the girl too but I can live with it.

5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Can't work out why Kara is in a hospital gown behind Felicity when she makes her speech. 

I think they took her to either have Earth-X Kara take her place or to experiment on her (gross.  The Nazis experimenting on people was utterly foul.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

So we can conclude that Kara, Iris and Felicity all get taken yes?

I'm thinking out loud. Will go nuts trying to work out this plot!

From 605 I get the impression that Oliver sometimes still can't quite believe he ended up with his dream girl so I don't mind the Barry quote.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Simba122504 said:

Of course we hate Nazis, but Kara says it like she actually fought Nazis before? We never seen it. If she did,  it's a plot hole. All 4 shows are about to see their best ratings all season.

I just rewatched in fullscreen mode and noticed that Oliver says "I hate Nazis!" too so I'm guessing it's supposed to be a general Nazi hate thing.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I just rewatched in fullscreen mode and noticed that Oliver says "I hate Nazis!" too so I'm guessing it's supposed to be a general Nazi hate thing.

I swear a poster here said (and I agree) that it's probably to contrast when they meet their Dopplexes who are Nazis but I can't find the quote. 

Edited by leopardprint
27 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think that this counts as teasing him, and my mind jumped to Walter as well.

I meant more the showrunners or TVline/EW etc teases, like Raisa this Summer. However I would certainly not object in the slightest if he does show up. It would make sense since he really did care for Thea and Oliver and also Felicity. He was probably Thea's most healthy parental influence. I'm so glad the show subverted trope expectations and made him a good guy. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My friend thinks its Jean Loring since Oliver gets arrested.

This was my thought as well. He’s gonna need a lawyer and she’s not that exciting lol.

28 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

This was my thought as well. He’s gonna need a lawyer and she’s not that exciting lol.

Speak for yourself I love Teryl Rothery. :) She's also theoretically either Ray's dead fiancée's mother or Aunt but that probably wouldn't come up. 

• Love 2

I don't know if these spoilers for the Arrow part of the crossover are real, but I'm posting them just in case:

1) Wellsobard is there. Not sure if Wellsobard is Dark Flash or the real Wellsobard since he and Flash had a convo that goes like "You died." "That's the thing about time travel."

2) Earth-X is Earth-53 where the Nazis won the war. Fun fact: Hitler died in '94.

3) Overgirl stated that they've been watching Earth-1 for quite some time now.

4) Dark Arrow is married to Overgirl. Which Kara responded with "Gross".

Source

Edited by strikera0