Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It'd be dumb not to have their wedding in the Arrow episode though. I know they expect everyone to watch all parts but not everyone does. I definitely didn't last year. 

If the Olicity wedding happens on any show other than Arrow, these showrunners are absolutely the worst (I feel the same about WestAllen's ceremony and I don't even watch The Flash anymore).  And I already think MG is the worst EP I've ever encountered (and I'm old and have watched a lot of tv).  I wasn't sure there was further down the worst scale he could go, but this would do it.

They can say until they're blue in the face that it's a "4 hour movie event" but it's not.  It's 4 episodes of 4 different series.  Some viewers watch all, some a combination, some only one.  You can't force viewers to watch a show they might not normally watch and viewers should be able to expect their show to make sense on it's own.  So annoyed at the very thought of it.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm still hating the idea but kind of laughing at the symmetry that Oliver has a planned wedding with Laurel in last year's crossover that doesn't go through, and a presumably unplanned one to Felicity in this year's episodes that does.

Knowing MG that might be deliberate!

I feel like I should protest more but................OLICITY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JenMD said:

If the Olicity wedding happens on any show other than Arrow, these showrunners are absolutely the worst (I feel the same about WestAllen's ceremony and I don't even watch The Flash anymore).  And I already think MG is the worst EP I've ever encountered (and I'm old and have watched a lot of tv).  I wasn't sure there was further down the worst scale he could go, but this would do it.

They can say until they're blue in the face that it's a "4 hour movie event" but it's not.  It's 4 episodes of 4 different series.  Some viewers watch all, some a combination, some only one.  You can't force viewers to watch a show they might not normally watch and viewers should be able to expect their show to make sense on it's own.  So annoyed at the very thought of it.

I agree. I think both Olicity and WA should get married on their own shows. They HAVE to know not everyone watches all series and a wedding is a major event for their main characters.

I'm choosing to believe their weddings do happen on their own shows. A quick unplanned O/F wedding in the 2nd part of the crossover and then the bigger planned WA wedding in the 3rd part, before the grand finale which obviously ends in a death. Makes sense to me tbh.

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, JenMD said:
17 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It'd be dumb not to have their wedding in the Arrow episode though. I know they expect everyone to watch all parts but not everyone does. I definitely didn't last year. 

If the Olicity wedding happens on any show other than Arrow, these showrunners are absolutely the worst

I'm betting they know Olicity fans will follow the couple. If they tease an Olicity wedding during The Flash's time slot, ya damn sure I'm going to tune in even though Barry sucks and I quit that show a year ago. It will probably do gangbusters ratings anyway, but this guarantees an audience that may have tuned out except for the Arrow episode. I don't know about other fanbases, but Olicity fans show up. 

Then again, I doubt MG & Co. put that much thought into it other than, "Double wedding. Cool!"

• Love 1
5 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Ugh, fine, but Felicity better not be the one to propose. 

Me, I want Felicity to propose.  She did tell Oliver not to give her the ring again.   And I'd love it if she proposed and he's like yes but we are getting married NOW! :D

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

After 5 months of "who is dead" on Arrow, I dont think they'd have the balls to kill off anyone during the crossover. Enough death for that show. 

I guess Olicity will either get married during The Flash or at the end on LoT and maybe the death is at the beginning of the crossover? Anyone getting married so soon after seems weird. 

I do think we need to let go of expectations of what's happening on who's show.   They have four hours so stuff is going to happen when it makes sense in the narrative and not worry about what hour of the show it official falls into. If they were smart they would redo the credits and opening for all shows to match just for the crossover and go all out and treat it like a special movie event. 

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What's funny is how is this really new info?  Somehow the paps freaking out just made it more real than SA or DR themselves teasing it, lol.  

I agree. I think most of us kind of knew but weren't 100% sure.  I was confident that Olicity were getting married this season but, I always thought Feb Sweeps.

Seeing the paps say it, especially CG getting pissed off, just 100% confirmed it for me.  It's like flashback bunker sex last season. We talked about it, kind of knew it, saw some posters talking spoiling it. But it wasn't until CG had a meltdown that I was like oh yeah this is 100% happening. ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 11

I'm guessing the photo from location with EBR and JH is connected with voting as was the paps' photos of Oliver. While the fan has photos up with these two, she also comments SA is awesome. So I imagine they're all there.

For those not following the social media thread, I'm talking about this photo. There are others of EBR on the fan's Twitter.

So it sounds like the two parter Slade stuff will have a lot of character work in the flashbacks.   I guess that's better than boring me with a lot of pointless stunts constantly even if I'd prefer the focus for that long to go to someone else.

• Love 3

I'm still iffy about the Slade episodes, TBH. And if I end up not liking them all that much, I'm probably going to be left wondering just what else they could have put in those two episodes, especially if it feels like some storylines/characters were lacking by the end of the season. 

It was interesting reading what MB had to say about his connection with Slade.  I understand better now why he was so upset with s3.  (I was too but for different reasons.)  I still don't care about Slade though.

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

. But it wasn't until CG had a meltdown that I was like oh yeah this is 100% happening. ?

I'd still rather Olicity not get married than get married on the crossover but CG's meltdown makes me happy.

For some reason I find it funny that every time he hangs out with cast members, all the Arrow stuff at his house comes out to play. 

I don't know how I feel about two episodes full of Slade but I do understand that they have to fill the episodes with something. Maybe this will be better than their usual filler episodes. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It was interesting reading what MB had to say about his connection with Slade.  I understand better now why he was so upset with s3.  (I was too but for different reasons.)  I still don't care about Slade though.

I'd still rather Olicity not get married than get married on the crossover but CG's meltdown makes me happy.

May anyone post a link or copy CG's meltdown please, I can't seem to access twitter very easily at the moment.

19 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think she was more referring to being invited back to hang out with him rather than the show itself, but we shall see.

If he's arrested or something in ep 7 that might conclude her investigation and someone else takes over, but she could be talking about hanging out with him and not pinching his stuff.

I don't know how I feel about two episodes full of Slade but I do understand that they have to fill the episodes with something. Maybe this will be better than their usual filler episodes. 

It wouldn't be what I'd pick but there are a lot worse things they might have done than Oliver and Slade and flashbacks. Could have been two Rene or Curtis episodes or two episodes dedicated to the love between E2 Ollie and LL, not that all of those things can't pop up later. I guess they didn't get Celina Jade back for any of it though. I wonder if they'll mention Grant Wilson who showed up on LOT in Star City 2046, since they started to move in that direction a little with the change to JJ or if it's just Joe that exists.

Edited by Featherhat

In the "never say never" category...

2015 - SA: "100% no. Never. Our show could go 14 seasons and a goatee will never appear. Hope that clears things up. Forever." (SA tweet, Jul. 29, 2015)

2017 - SA: "I promise you, before the series - not the season, but the series - ends, we will have at least one shot of the iconic goatee." (Salt Lake Comic Con, Sep. 23, 2017)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

So we're pretty sure the weddings both happen in LOT, right? How odd. I'm not super angry because at least we're getting a wedding, but from a ratings point of view I don't know why they wouldn't try to do each of them in their own shows?

5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It's the funeral that leaves me baffled..I get wanting to size the moment but at least wait a week! A guy just died (and not of natural cause we can assume) ?

At this point, I'm starting to think we might be lucky if they don't say their vows next to the grave site. 

(I exaggerate, but only slightly - lol)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I might be super stupid but who is the funeral for? *hides* On second thought maybe I just don't know how to read anymore

I was just about to ask this! I've seen lots of spec about the weddings but nothing really about the death. Though KP mentioned something about Victor Garber being on Broadway in January...

11 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I might be super stupid but who is the funeral for? *hides*

Possibly/probably Martin Stein's because VG has a Broadway show early next year. We've been speculating how LOT would deal with it for a couple of weeks, I hope(d) it was going back to his wife and daughter personally. At least LOT will get that on their own show but it will be totally overshadowed.

11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

At this point, I'm starting to think we might be lucky if they don't say their vows next to the grave site. 

TBH I'm not sure you're exaggerating at all. Pity that it's probably Martin though, he's a Rabbi he could have married everyone, though only one of the four is Jewish. I don't think either of the couple was when he did it on The Flash, though he and Ronnie were connected. Then we wouldn't be WTH is Diggle marrying WestAllen off? Especially if they go first.

@tv echo thanks for that. It is epic, for some reason I thought CG were more pro Olicity than that. But seriously if they're forced (and I don't think they were at all, just stupidly written sometimes) every.single.pairing. Oliver has been in on this show also qualifies, including St LL especially after he dated Sara in S2 and even KC's retconned 4.19 flashbacks where LL was planning their life together the day after Tommy's funeral and Oliver ran away to the Island to get away from her again (my interpretation since that scene crapped on Tommy's sacrifice/memory).

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

I don't know why but CG also doesn't like EBR very much and it might add to his dislike. Because I get why you don't like romance in general but these people pretend that is the end of the world. Everything else is apparently perfect but this is the worst thing to ever happen. But then again if Oliver were to marry E2 Laurel, I don't know how happy I'd be either. 

@Trisha and @Featherhat: Thanks

• Love 3

Victor Garber is taking over the role of Horace Vandergelder in Hello Dolly opposite Bernadette Peters.  I'm honestly surprised The Flash could keep him as long as it did.

2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Well as long as it's a beautiful ceremony.......

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past MG and AK.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I personally don't care that much about an Olicity wedding *dodges tomatoes*, I just hope there is some time spent on actually redeveloping their relationship to that point again instead of just repetitively using life or death situations to short cut through it. 

• Love 3

What if the wedding happens doing May sweeps? I think the crossover will have only one wedding. Barry and Iris. Or maybe they want us to believe it's only one wedding? Or maybe Oliver and Felicity get engaged doing the crossover, but get married on a regular Arrow episode doing sweeps. *I know there are more than one sweeps month* *I didn't see those tweets before I posted this* 

Edited by Simba122504
I didn't see some tweets before I posted.

I realise that I also get upset over certain storylines from time to time but the way some people are reacting to these spoilers is downright hilarious. I can just imagine steam coming out of someone's ears while foam is coming out of the mouth. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So apparently a pap spoiled to someone on reddit that Thea wakes up in episode 7. And that there are actually 2 weddings. 

7? That's a long time for her to be out, I know WH only has 13 eps but still. At least she won't be taking quite as many random trips out of town this season I guess and she might make it to her brother's wedding if it happens in the crossover.

21 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Ha, given Lemon deleting those tweets, I'm thinking they might want us to believe there's only one wedding.

She seemed pretty convinced it was happening so I don't think they were taken down because they were wrong but maybe because they were too detailed/spoily. Much as I wish Olicity aren't getting married in the crossover it makes sense give what everyone was saying this Summer rather than DR and SA hyping a WA only wedding.

57 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I personally don't care that much about an Olicity wedding *dodges tomatoes*, I just hope there is some time spent on actually redeveloping their relationship to that point again instead of just repetitively using life or death situations to short cut through it. 

I hope so too. They'd already started at the end of last season, so I hope it follows through. Logically it should because she'll have to be introduced properly to William and be comfortable doing that publicity event thing papped for ep 7 and we know they aren't rushing to living together again so maybe at least a little bit of development. I actually thought they were fairly well done in 4a leading to the engagement. Although you know if they get more than 10 seconds and episode there will be shrieks of outrage about how forced and overtaking the episodes they are, *especially* if Felicity is also allowed to have a storyline about developing whatever Smoak Tech is going to be called.

• Love 1