Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I've got a bad feeling about 5.09 - based on nothing but MG's excitement, the mention of COMICS!, DR speaking of fans reactions to LL's death, the screenshot of "I know the ones you love" with Susan - none of it adds up to me to something that I am going to enjoy.  It's possible this is not the show I'm looking for.

• Love 2

All this talk of people going berserk when LL died makes me wonder what would happen if they killed Felicity.

Would fandom go berserk or would it be like "Omg we are freeeeeeee from this show. Freeeeeeeeee."

Haha the latter is what I'd be like. 

• Love 6

I'm not a heavy duty comic person, but I was chatting with my dude, who is, and he said that Judd Winick comic mentioned by Guggenheim involves a Dr. Light who gets vengeful after he gets mind wiped by magic.  He starts to regain his memories and targets everyone the Green Arrow loves.  I know Stephen mentioned magic. Is there someone who was mind wiped in the early seasons?  I can't think of anyone, and Guggenheim might have only cared about the vengeance. 

Our cracktastic theory which made us laugh ourselves sick:  Billy Malone is Prometheus and is in fact Oliver's son William, time traveling from the future to get back at the dad who "made" him and abandoned him. It has the added bonus of Felicity swapping father for son, thereby maintaining Arrow's long standing tradition of icky partner swapping.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Our cracktastic theory which made us laugh ourselves sick:  Billy Malone is Prometheus and is in fact Oliver's son William, time traveling from the future to get back at the dad who "made" him and abandoned him. It has the added bonus of Felicity swapping father for son, thereby maintaining Arrow's long standing tradition of icky partner swappin

And I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.  Nope, a lot.  

Shudder.  

;)

• Love 8

If Prometheus is so sure he knows who Oliver "loves" why isn't Susan's picture on his display wall which I presume is his "list".  I would be more convinced by the promo if they had used a shot of Thea for who he loves.  

• Love 1

I think a better question is how did Prometheus get so good at secret photography, since some of the pics on that wall almost look like promo photos/stills from a tv show during scenes in which the characters were alone, thus making taking those photos really difficult.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

If Prometheus is so sure he knows who Oliver "loves" why isn't Susan's picture on his display wall which I presume is his "list".  I would be more convinced by the promo if they had used a shot of Thea for who he loves.  

Yeah, there's no way that promo isn't a misdirect unless they're planning to completely ruin Oliver's character by having him "fall in love" with the reporter who just screwed over his sister and is likely planning to screw him over in the future.

I'm hoping there's a reason we seem to know nothing about what's going on with Thea in in tonight's episode except for that photo on Prometheus' board, especially since we just had those great brother/sister moments in the 100th. 

10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think a better question is how did Prometheus get so good at secret photography, since some of the pics on that wall almost look like promo photos/stills from a tv show during scenes in which the characters were alone, thus making taking those photos really difficult.

Maybe police cameras around the city? *cough* Mayo's access *cough* No, it's more likely that won't be explained whatsoever and that they're going to pretend Prometheus having those photos out of all the photos he could have makes complete sense. 

Im pretty sure Arrow will be better than that Flash midseason finale. Just finished it and it felt like another episode of Flash. Arrow better go big or go home. I don't expect a lot of olicity but I need some hint of a reconciliation and one of these irrelevant LI's dead or out of the picture.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I'm not a heavy duty comic person, but I was chatting with my dude, who is, and he said that Judd Winick comic mentioned by Guggenheim involves a Dr. Light who gets vengeful after he gets mind wiped by magic.  He starts to regain his memories and targets everyone the Green Arrow loves.  I know Stephen mentioned magic. Is there someone who was mind wiped in the early seasons?  I can't think of anyone, and Guggenheim might have only cared about the vengeance. 

Just a minor correction: the Judd Winick comic was not mentioned by MG, but by that DCTV guy (Hector). :)

Edited by tv echo
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

Chico forgot to release them since they don't include Laurel Lance.

I'll take that as a sign that BS isn't going to show up as the cliffhanger. Even if Chico can't spoil the appearance, she would be promoting the hell out of the episode just to get people to tune in.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I'll take that as a sign that BS isn't going to show up as the cliffhanger. Even if Chico can't spoil the appearance, she would be promoting the hell out of the episode just to get people to tune in.

Isn't the rumor that BS breaks out at the end of The Flash 310 anyway? And with the way that the midseason premieres look to be scheduled, The Flash is back before Arrow in 2017. 

24 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Isn't the rumor that BS breaks out at the end of The Flash 310 anyway? And with the way that the midseason premieres look to be scheduled, The Flash is back before Arrow in 2017. 

That was my prediction as well. I don't know why people still think she's showing up in this episode otherwise WM would've said she appears in our mid season finale and not 5x10. 

20 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think that's what is going to happen.

So the photos that Prometheus is looking at, Lance is crossed out right? But Curtis isn't? I think based off of MG tease about Paul and Curtis, that Curtis is hurt early in the episode. I wonder if Prometheus is looking at the board at the end of the episode and Lance's life is hanging in the balance or something.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Any idea where that rumor originated from?  Flash will actually air 2 episodes before Arrow comes back (310 and 311) since Arrow premiere's a week + a day after Flash.

ETA: I get the feeling that the Oliver dialogue tease is based on SA's movie choice.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

So the photos that Prometheus is looking at, Lance is crossed out right? But Curtis isn't? I think based off of MG tease about Paul and Curtis, that Curtis is hurt early in the episode. I wonder if Prometheus is looking at the board at the end of the episode and Lance's life is hanging in the balance or something.

I think that Curtis gets hurt early on (hence why he's not with Oliver, Diggle and WD confronting Prometheus/Evelyn - but where's Rory? Just out of the shot?), probably the image of him on the ground is the last thing we see before the ARROW title card. We don't see Curtis' photo on the board, do we? We can only assume he's one of the ones in the second row that we don't see ... 

I think Lance is crossed out because he's in rehab and out of play at the moment.

• Love 1

Maybe trying to frame Lance as Prometheus is why he's crossed off? Probably wasn't expecting him to go to rehab.  Or maybe he just wanted him removed from the SCPD and Lance did it for him.  Depends on Prometheus end game. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I have to say, Curtis did better in that fight than I thought he'd do.  Still such a mistake putting Curtis on the fighting team instead of back-up engineering support for Felicity.

Tonight on the Fall Finale of Arrow, Oliver (redacted) (redacted). Incredible episode. Don't miss it.

1. kills Bill 2, chooses Felicity, 3. fires TeamB,  4. rejects Susan,  5.  buys a clue.

I'd be happy with any of the above.  Otherwise forget it.

• Love 12

I'm just happy Paul's still alive at the end of that clip.

So either Felicity's at the party and makes some sort of comment that calls Curtis' cover into question with Paul because he didn't bother to fill her in, or she's not there and someone else who is says something? 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

From the Inside video, it does look like we're going to get the Oliver/Mayo meet at the holiday party. And that after Oliver gives his speech, both Felicity and Susan head for Oliver. Oh gag me. 

Ooh where is this?

I don't know why but I really despise the reporter!!!!! And it's weird that they are trying to sell that she's important. It pisses me off!!!!!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ooh where is this?

I don't know why but I really despise the reporter!!!!! And it's weird that they are trying to sell that she's important. It pisses me off!!!!!

It's the Inside the episode video that the CW just released.

And they put the reporter in a red dress. I may start preparing myself for her using a red pen to lead into the S1 Olicity flashback. 

9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It's the Inside the episode video that the CW just released.

And they put the reporter in a red dress. I may start preparing myself for her using a red pen to lead into the S1 Olicity flashback. 

The only thing that excited me about that clip was Felicity in a dress with a plunging neckline.

33 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

From the Inside video, it does look like we're going to get the Oliver/Mayo meet at the holiday party. And that after Oliver gives his speech, both Felicity and Susan head for Oliver. Oh gag me. 

I didn't see Felicity there. Susan in a red dress and walking towards Oliver is enough to make me rage.  It's rubbing salt in the wound which I know Guggie loves to do but I don't like to take it.

Felicity and the cop are on the right. He's further back.

Seeing Curtis taken out quickly actually makes me hope that WD and Rory are dealt with the same way, so that it's OTA dealing with Prometheus for the most of the episode. even if it doesn't turn out to be the case, Prometheus is actually doing Oliver a solid by taking out his largest liability in the field first.

From the producer's preview, if Oliver considers the alien hallucination as his version of It's a Wonderful Life, doesn't that mean the show is treating it as a "what if" scenario rather than a "fantasy world"? So Oliver didn't actually want that life, but it made him more appreciative of what he does have in the real world? 

• Love 3

It looks like Susan is his date to me. It's probably going to be Oliver decides post 100 trip to try starting something with Susan because he wants to live in the now or something (one more thing we can thank Laurel for, the gift that keeps on giving that one). If it's not a date/dating then Susan continues to be stalkery.

Cue awkward times with Felicity. There's nothing I find more uncomfortable then when you have two women trying to get a guys attention at the same time like in that clip :( 

I'm assuming it will at the very least throw Felicity and silver lining hopefully break her out of her denial a little bit if she physically sees that Oliver is potentially moving on. Or knowing these writers Felicity will be "adult" and wish Oliver/Susan well and all four of them will share eggnog. 

• Love 6