Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Reporter and Oliver makes me so uncomfortable. She's a Reporter you idiot! Why are you getting cozy? Ugh. I hope that screws him over so bad.

So the four meet. It's rom com awkward but before anything really happens, Curtis is attacked and Olicity leaves the Temps at the party. 

That opening shot of Prometheus was rather effective. His voice reminded me of Michael Dorn's (though not as deep). 

• Love 1

I thought Oliver looked determined.

Yes, they're Olicity fans but after you've been kicked around for a while, love fades and intelligence starts to come back.

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

From the producer's preview, if Oliver considers the alien hallucination as his version of It's a Wonderful Life, doesn't that mean the show is treating it as a "what if" scenario rather than a "fantasy world"? So Oliver didn't actually want that life, but it made him more appreciative of what he does have in the real world? 

That makes a lot of sense. Because if you compare them on what they're actually saying (It's a Wonderful Life was trying to prove to George Bailey how necessary he was to the people around him because without him their lives would be worse while Invaders was trying to prove to Oliver that .... it would have been a wonderful life if he hadn't got on the boat (?) which is kind of the exact opposite).

Maybe the point is what Oliver and Barry said at the end of the LoT episode, that their real lives are better than the ones they imagine they would have preferred.

MG tends not to be so great with the words.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

From the producer's preview, if Oliver considers the alien hallucination as his version of It's a Wonderful Life, doesn't that mean the show is treating it as a "what if" scenario rather than a "fantasy world"? So Oliver didn't actually want that life, but it made him more appreciative of what he does have in the real world? 

The show is gonna treat it as whatever it needs whenever it needs it, whether it makes sense or not, haha. 

• Love 14

I just hope that there's no calling Susan his girlfriend in that scene. There's been enough of that already. I would also love it if someone commented on what a bad idea it is for the mayor to have a reporter - who has spoken out against him in the past - as his date. Where's Thea being judgmental when we need her? Too bad Lance is in rehab and can't be by her side to join her.

Watch them have Mayo step forward to "save" Felicity from any awkwardness.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

MG tends not to be so great with the words.

Hah. If it were MG I won't have bothered. But I was referring to what sounds like an Oliver voice over in the preview-- "My second favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life, which I got to see last week..." which would tie in with the quote SA spoiled about Die Hard being Oliver's favorite Christmas movie.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought Oliver looked determined.

Yes, they're Olicity fans but after you've been kicked around for a while, love fades and intelligence starts to come back.

Personally I find myself disliking Oliver more and more as the season progresses.

I was never overly keen on him but Olicity worked for me and now that there is no Olicity I watch Oliver and am generally extra negative about him. I can see why people are being snarky.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The show is gonna treat it as whatever it needs whenever it needs it, whether it makes sense or not, haha. 

This. I'm totally sure at some point this season or even in this episode  they'll have Oliver think it was a great experience

Well I planned to watch tonight but some of the stuff I see/hear makes me want to change my mind lol.

It's not even that Oliver/Felicity aren't together right now, it's that they seem to be ignoring there was ever anything there to begin with. 

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yup this is exactly how i've been feeling lately, hopefully that changes. 

Also them putting Susan in a red dress really rubs me the wrong way, I know the Olicity fans don't own that color but it just starts to feel like one thing after another that irritates me with this show.

Edited by Thundercatmary
  • Love 4

I think one of the people being snarky is the one who does the stats breakdowns on the seasons.  Heaven has no rage as love to hatred turned....

4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Hah. If it were MG I won't have bothered. But I was referring to what sounds like an Oliver voice over in the preview-- "My second favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life, which I got to see last week..." which would tie in with the quote SA spoiled about Die Hard being Oliver's favorite Christmas movie.

Let me amend that to MG tends to be not so great with the parallels.  I'm sure they all think that the alien Dream World is Oliver's It's a Wonderful Life parallel story. It just isn't.

5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

This. I'm totally sure at some point this season or even in this episode  they'll have Oliver think it was a great experience

They already have.  He told Sara that "it's a gift".

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they have Oliver thank the reporter for writing a story on him now that the month is (should be?) up. "Well, you did give me a month..." 

I went back and watched the trailer - is the shot of the reporter in that from the holiday party? I couldn't tell. I think it is. 

A true Its a Wonderful Life parrallel would have shown that Oliver not being the Green Arrow made the world a worst place and Oliver a worst human being. I get that the Aliens aim was to trap Oliver in that delusion by tempting him with things they assumed he wished for but that doesn't make it a Its a Wonderful Life.

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

This clip has me more convinced than ever that that's Oliver's original suit that Prometheus repurposed. Making the involvement of a police officer almost indubitable.

That's what I kept thinking as well. That it looks so much like the old Arrow suit. At first I thought it was Oliver haha

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they have Oliver thank the reporter for writing a story on him now that the month is (should be?) up. "Well, you did give me a month..." 

I went back and watched the trailer - is the shot of the reporter in that from the holiday party? I couldn't tell. I think it is. 

I think so too but outside maybe?

30 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Fan talk..come on..

Also he does look mad. Not at her I hope, ;)

But making the assumption that Oliver is mad and angry at Felicity as opposed to "omg maybe hes concerned about Curtis being in the hospital" 

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

But making the assumption that Oliver is mad and angry at Felicity as opposed to "omg maybe hes concerned about Curtis being in the hospital" 

The content is irrelevant..there's a rule against talking about fans' opinions..I (wrongly) did it too in the past so it's not an attack, just a reminder since it never ends well. :/

The fact that they are highlighting the Temp relationships this episode makes me think one or both is over by the end.

I'm more interested in Prometheus after the clips. I'm really hoping he is straight up Joker-twisted.

• Love 3

I find Prometheus too dramatic- Like Kylo Ren over dramatic. I'm curious about who he is (or she) and what his deal is but other then that I just find everything else about him melodramatic

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

The content is irrelevant..there's a rule against talking about fans' opinions..I (wrongly) did it too in the past so it's not an attack, just a reminder since it never ends well. :/

I thought we were allowed fan talk now.  Just can't be rude and say "Zzz likes Yyy so Zzz is stupid and evil"

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I find Prometheus too dramatic- Like Kylo Ren over dramatic. I'm curious about who he is (or she) and what his deal is but other then that I just find everything else about him melodramatic

tumblr_inline_o0yio3yjP61rv9bmd_500.gif

• Love 9

I'm most curious about the pacing of this episode. Once Curtis is attacked, I expect Team Arrow to be hitting the ground running. So are they really going to just stop at some point to deal with getting rid of the LIs?

I expect if there's a Felicity/Mayo break up, it's going to be a quick couple of lines, perhaps even while they're looking into whatever they find according to the synopsis (sort of like Felicity/Ray in s3). Or he'll turn out to be evil/killed off and they won't even have to deal with a breakup, it'll just be, of course that relationship is over.

I love the directing!  Negret brings it again.

The one thing that has me excited about that clip is that Prometheus is only about half a head taller than Evelyn, a head taller if she's wearing high heels.  Isn't the actor who plays Pike taller than that?

17 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

You've seen this season, where Oliver and Felicity never acknowledge that they lived together and were once engaged to be married.  It's like they barely know each other.

I don't put anything past MG and WM this season.

Someone asked SA on FB how surprised we'll be after this episode, on a scale from 1 to 10, and SA answered "10. Feels like a 10."

The only way I'd be that surprised is if Diggle or Thea is Prometheus. Or maybe if the writers acknowledge everything they've done wrong for every character in 5A thus far. All while addressing everything else they need to in the 42 minute episode. 

ETA: They'd also have to explain how Diggle could be Prometheus even though he was overseas at the beginning of the season and then in prison. And I think I still wouldn't be at a 10 on the surprised scale. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm most curious about the pacing of this episode. Once Curtis is attacked, I expect Team Arrow to be hitting the ground running. So are they really going to just stop at some point to deal with getting rid of the LIs?

I expect if there's a Felicity/Mayo break up, it's going to be a quick couple of lines, perhaps even while they're looking into whatever they find according to the synopsis (sort of like Felicity/Ray in s3). Or he'll turn out to be evil/killed off and they won't even have to deal with a breakup, it'll just be, of course that relationship is over.

I'm betting one or both of the LI is bad. That cuts down on some time.

This "relationship" Oliver has with Susan is so juvenile. Did they ever have Oliver or anyone else call Felicity his girlfriend? Just cause they say it so many times with Susan doesn't make it true. Just shows they are trying too hard with that part of the show.

Assuming it's the actor playing Prometheus and not a stunt man again, David Ramsey is too tall to be the guy in that scene, and Willa doesn't have the bulk.

I'm still hoping it's Billy although it is possible that it's Chase playing both Prometheus and Vigilante because GA is doing such a half ass job of saving the city, or Lt Pike

Edited by statsgirl
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Someone asked SA on FB how surprised we'll be after this episode, on a scale from 1 to 10, and SA answered "10. Feels like a 10."

I would give it a 10 if that theory that each member of TA is getting targeted was true. Rayporter for Oliver. Mayo for Felicity. It kinda falls apart after that. Maybe the boobs for Diggle? Whatever. Let me have my crackpot theory!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm betting one or both of the LI is bad. That cuts down on some time.

Well Carly Pope went back to filming Suits after this episode so I'm assuming she's gone. I mean KenPursuit said she was on set last week but her Twitter said she was in Australia (and this is also coming from someone who insisted up and down that Felicity was not at the Mansion during the 100 filming which she was)

Tyler is a bit hard to predict cause he's not as obvious about his where abouts through his social media but there's been nothing to say that he is in 5B.

So fingers crossed they'll both be gone tonight with maybe a brief return from Susan when she releases the Oliver in Russia story.

• Love 1

Crazy theory that would never be true: Maybe back in S1, something happened and Oliver was split into two people. (Magic, you know?) Prometheus is Evil Oliver, who has been plotting all this time/sitting back because Oliver has been doing a pretty good job of ruining his own life. But he's finally had enough. 

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Crazy theory that would never be true: Maybe back in S1, something happened and Oliver was split into two people. (Magic, you know?) Prometheus is Evil Oliver, who has been plotting all this time/sitting back because Oliver has been doing a pretty good job of ruining his own life. But he's finally had enough. 

The only way they could explain that is if Flashpoint created two seperate timelines 

Official policy is that fan talk is not prohibited.  

However, as your friendly mod, I would ask that you seriously consider whether any comment you might be thinking about making about another fan's opinions or biases is contributing to a respectful and enjoyable forum environment.   

I'm not going to force the issue, but from a personal perspective, I question what value those kind of posts add to the discussion. 

Edited to add:. The above is not directed at anyone in particular.  I'm just asking all of you to continue to self moderate.  :)

• Love 3

I wouldn't put that past them.  But it would eliminate the annual Fighting The Big Bad arc.

The only way they could explain that is if Flashpoint created two seperate timelines 

Edited by statsgirl
18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If it turns out that Pike is Prometheus I'll give them an 11

5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Is Prometheus the Big Bad for the rest of the season? 

The Big Bad usually reveals himself in the mid season finale (MM in s1, Slade in s2, Ra's killed Oliver in s3, DD shot up Felicity in s4).

6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I will give them 20 if it's Evil Oliver

Prometheus Oliver (thanks, Barry, you're the worst) went evil because he never met John Diggle and Felicity Smoak. And now resents that our Oliver is building a new life, serving as mayor. I can live with that.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If it's something that can tie to S1 without being inserted (ala Cupid), it's a 10.

The way MG talked about it in that preview--that there were so many stories from S1 they didn't get to tell (or something like that) and this is one of them--makes me think that it's a Cupid situation. Surprise me, show!

• Love 1