Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

The way MG talked about it in that preview--that there were so many stories from S1 they didn't get to tell (or something like that) and this is one of them--makes me think that it's a Cupid situation. Surprise me, show!

That's my thoughts also especially when Wendy said the flash backs in this episode go back to a case Oliver had that we never saw before. Do I'm assuming Prometheus will be a inserted character or one of the new characters this season.

I'm think I'm still leaning towards Chase being both Prometheus and Vigilante.  I think at some point in comics, Vigilante becomes mentally unstable, going back and forth between fits of violent murderous rage and remorse, and eventually kills himself.  I can see Chase's multiple personalities embodied within Prometheus, Vigilante, and DA.  Positioning himself in both sides of Oliver's life (mayor and GA) allows him to really mess with Oliver's head.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

That's my thoughts also especially when Wendy said the flash backs in this episode go back to a case Oliver had that we never saw before. Do I'm assuming Prometheus will be a inserted character or one of the new characters this season.

I've accepted that to be the case but, I'm hoping they surprise me.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GirlvsTV said:

The only thing that would make it a 10 for me is if Prometheus was actually Oliver (real Oliver, not Au Oliver) or

. . . Felicity! 

Honestly back in season 1-2 when Argus and Waller were a thing I thought the best twist they could do is if it was revealed Felicity was an Argus plant feeding back Intel to Waller on Oliver. 

I don't think the writers would ever do it or if I'd even like to watch it but Felicity doing a Bad Willow or IllyriaFred would I think be the most game changing thing the show could do at this point after throwing Oliver off a cliff and killing Black Canary. 

3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Honestly back in season 1-2 when Argus and Waller were a thing I thought the best twist they could do is if it was revealed Felicity was an Argus plant feeding back Intel to Waller on Oliver. 

I don't think the writers would ever do it or if I'd even like to watch it but Felicity doing a Bad Willow or IllyriaFred would I think be the most game changing thing the show could do at this point after throwing Oliver off a cliff and killing Black Canary. 

I would have been pretty mad if Felicity had been revealed to be some sort of spy back then. I would've dropped the show cold. 

But, at this point the writers have abandoned all pretense of consistency or logic so anything goes. Plus, Oliver is the absolute worst, so I'd kind of love it for someone shocking to get the upper hand over him. 

It could even be Raisa, out for vengeance! Or . . . maybe Mayo is Raisa's cousin and he blames Oliver for her freak disappearance that occurred right after Oliver returned from the island.  And since Raisa was Russian (I think?) this could also tie back to the flashbacks.

Tbh, it's most likely something totally predictable. 

• Love 3

2 Truths & 1 Lie:  The resurrection is the lie.

I bet Oliver, Rene & Curtis physically take a road trip to find Tina thus the diner scene.  (Felicity probably helps track her down but does not accompany the guys.)

Black Siren probably ends up destroying the ugly statue.

Laurel Lance is not coming back.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Two truths and a lie for the new episodes in 2017 from SA's post-episode FB live:
- there's going to be a boys-only roadtrip where they look for a woman
- there's going to be a resurrection
- something they dedicated earlier in the season is going to be destroyed

Since this show is easy as hell to read, 1/3 are the truths. Laurels statue will get destroyed, most likely by Siren. And well we already know that there is a boys only trip coming.

Yeah the statue is a goner.  

I don't get what they're doing with this Laurel cliffhanger though.  If it's not her (and I'm assuming it's really BS), isn't that just rubbing salt in the wounds? Making the Laurel fans wait two months to find out, no, their girl really isn't back after all?

I thought there was some spoiler about Oliver and Felicity looking for someone.  Different trip?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I don't get what they're doing with this Laurel cliffhanger though.  If it's not her (and I'm assuming it's really BS), isn't that just rubbing salt in the wounds? Making the Laurel fans wait two months to find out, no, their girl really isn't back after all?

Don't they know it's not her already if they are her fans?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

They love to rub salt into wounds though so this is right up their ally.

• Love 1

Sort of how they let people think Felicity was going to be in the grave, last winter hiatus, I suppose. 

Good of SA to tease that the statue is going to get destroyed. I'll be back to see that, if nothing else.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Don't they know it's not her already if they are her fans?

I've seen quite a few comments from Laurel fans that believe the show is going to bring her back to life, based on something WM said.

3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

If it's not her (and I'm assuming it's really BS), isn't that just rubbing salt in the wounds? Making the Laurel fans wait two months to find out, no, their girl really isn't back after all?

The EPs haven't had any issues screwing with them before, why start now?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I thought there was some spoiler about Oliver and Felicity looking for someone.  Different trip?

My guess is Felicity tracks her down to Hub City and then the guys head out.

Just now, apinknightmare said:

The EPs haven't had any issues screwing with them before, why start now?

I guess.  It's just weird to me.  It feels like twisting the screws to give people false hope that BS might really be Laurel.  I didn't think they'd play that card.  

• Love 2
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I guess.  It's just weird to me.  It feels like twisting the screws to give people false hope that BS might really be Laurel.  I didn't think they'd play that card.  

Well Olicity fans got the middle finger today with the flashback and then he sleeps with reporter.

Maybe it's just their hobby

• Love 8

So Felicity gets left behind again? I thought the spoiler said she was going with Oliver.    Sheesh, they might as well put up a sign in the club house "Boyz Only. No Girlz Allowed"

Can I hope that the chocolate statue goes?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

LL's dying words were not to let her be the last CANARY (not hawk or hunter or whatever).

Guggie said Oliver would turn to the specificity of his promise re THE BLACK CANARY.

Steve just said on SM that BC is the second most important behind GA.

But sure Tina's not going to be NuBC.

(For the record, I'm about 75% on them banging. Prob depends on dailies/ratings/overall reception. If well-received, I'd say Olicity's dead for good and EBR may well leave the show. Why would she stay, when she's just a joke vending machine now?)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

What the fuck are they going to do with BS for like two months?

CP hasn't been on set...so...what does that set up?

I think 510 will pick up right where 509 left off, so they'll deal with BS in that episode, and probably the time jump will take place between 510 and 511 (when I'm assuming they go find Tina?).

People didn't think that Tyler Ritter had been on set for most of 5A either, and yet he kept showing up. So Carly could be filming her scenes in like a day and just not posting on SM about it and the paps have missed her.

• Love 1

The reporter can also be his girlfriend without the actress appearing. Bc it's tv. Oliver says "Yeah, the reporter (I genuinely don't give a shit what her name is) and I had a lovely dinner last night at Table Salt." Boom, they're still dating.

Btw, there was a rumor claiming an inside source that she would stay and they'd they'd have a real relationship. That's looking more likely now. My guess? Helps slowburn Oliver/Tina. They don't want a lunge if they want it to be the main relationship going forward.

5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

giphy.gif

I think you're a real fan of KC/LL and I respect that. But it'll be Tina, not LL/KC. I know you like her but most don't think she was good in the role. For me her inability to throw a convincing punch was a dealbreaker. And I LOVE action shows/movies.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I think you're a real fan of KC/LL and I respect that. But it'll be Tina, not LL/KC. I know you like her but most don't think she was good in the role. For me her inability to throw a convincing punch was a dealbreaker. And I LOVE action shows/movies.

I totally think Tina is going to be the new Black Canary. My gif is more about seeing through his words. Black Canary is an important character to Green Arrow but I know their thought process, the title is "important" so they will bring the title back but it wont be worn by KC.

• Love 3

It makes more sense to honor Laurel by making her the Real Black Canary.  It cheapens the whole idea of Laurel to keep bringing in new Black Canaries.

I still think the reporter drugged him and this Laurel is a hallucination.

10 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

People didn't think that Tyler Ritter had been on set for most of 5A either, and yet he kept showing up. So Carly could be filming her scenes in like a day and just not posting on SM about it and the paps have missed her.

Except CPope was very easy to track. We knew every episode she was in because she posted about it on Twitter. She hasn't posted anything on twitter and there would be no reason for her to "hide" filming an episode.

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It makes more sense to honor Laurel by making her the Real Black Canary.  It cheapens the whole idea of Laurel to keep bringing in new Black Canaries.

I still think the reporter drugged him and this Laurel is a hallucination.

Making sense is not what these writers do. Guggie said Oliver would turn to the specificity of his promise re the Black Canary. I get that it sucks (although I think the actress is cute, I won't be watching...Lethal Weapon is GREAT). SA literally JUST said BC is 2nd most important.

8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I totally think Tina is going to be the new Black Canary. My gif is more about seeing through his words. Black Canary is an important character to Green Arrow but I know their thought process, the title is "important" so they will bring the title back but it wont be worn by KC.

Frankly, while I absolutely disagree with you that KC was good in the role, I respect your loyalty.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Except CPope was very easy to track. We knew every episode she was in because she posted about it on Twitter. She hasn't posted anything on twitter and there would be no reason for her to "hide" filming an episode.

She ended the episode alive, well, and freshly banged by Oliver. Why would it be surprising for her to continue appearing? It'd be more surprising if she suddenly disappeared.

• Love 3

I think what we are seeing is Geoff John's directives for the show and SA is towing the line whether he likes it or not. (I don't know if he does or doesn't).

I am hoping the reporter has some reason for being other than just temporary love interest. DR made it sound like she's up to no good at his most recent con.  

Makes me wonder, after the mention of the start up company in 5.09 and MG responding to someone on twitter about Smoak Technologies happening that it could, if Felicity's 5B arc is to create her own company to eventually move her out of the show.  IIRC comics Felicity Smoak only worked with the heroes for a period of time and then moved on.  I originally thought she was going to create a network to recruit/deploy heroes (which is what she was doing in 5.02) but not so certain now.

As for rumors there was one that Oliver & Felicity would be reunited sooner than people expected.  SA himself made some joking remark about Billy having to die first. Oops!  WM also talked like they would be reuniting but maybe not this season.  MG told jbuffyangel they were going to rebuild them. That said plans change.

BTW, the ship baiting flashback worked for some.  He didn't kneel to pick up and then hand her the red pen for nothing! :-)

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I went to check the end credits to see if that was Michael Dorn's voice but my DVR cut off early. However, I did notice that they said Arrow is coming back January 25th not February 2nd.

It REALLY sounded like his voice.  Kind of a nice change from a voice changer.  It's not the voice they used before, is it?  Honestly I'm having a hard time remembering the different masked guy wearing a hood voices between Ragman, Vigilante, Prometheus and Dr. Alchemy over on The Flash.  

Good lord, nothing I predicted came true in this episode. Absolutely nothing. It really is evident more than ever that this season is geared to a certain group than people who have invested 4 years in to the show. Above all I am really disgusted that they used felicity's boyfriend for Oliver's story at the end of it all, it was never really about her. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

Above all I am really disgusted that they used felicity's boyfriend for Oliver's story at the end of it all, it was never really about her. 

Uggh same here.

The fact that he kills her BF, so she gets yet another plot line of pain, which of course then becomes his manpain that he must then bury in the convieniently placed LI. Its repulsive.

Cant wait to see the ratings for 5B, I know a lot of people still watching but on the fence about returning after the hiatus were using this episode as a deciding factor. I think they just shot themselves in the foot here.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Good lord, nothing I predicted came true in this episode. Absolutely nothing. It really is evident more than ever that this season is geared to a certain group than people who have invested 4 years in to the show. Above all I am really disgusted that they used felicity's boyfriend for Oliver's story at the end of it all, it was never really about her. 

I've been with the show from the beginning (delayed viewing on several ealry S1 eps) and I'm enjoying this season. 

I really wish you guys would realize that claiming they're "writing", "catering", etc for X. Is no different then the LL/Lauiver/Comic fans screaming about The EPs "pandering" to Olicity shippers. It wasn't true then and it's not true now. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've been with the show from the beginning (delayed viewing on several ealry S1 eps) and I'm enjoying this season. 

I really wish you guys would realize that claiming they're "writing", "catering", etc for X. Is no different then the LL/Lauiver/Comic fans screaming about The EPs "pandering" to Olicity shippers. It wasn't true then and it's not true now. 

Well all I see is the comic book fans rejoicing about this episode and about the season overall. I also see Arrow writers liking tweets that says not to listen to olicity fans. I also see no mention of a couple that almost got married just a year ago. I tried my best to give them the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately this episode just made everything clear for me. I take the silence and lack of PR from the other actors as a sign that nothing is gonna get better anytime soon. 

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Regardless of who "Laurel" is, I just wonder how long will they keep Quentin in the dark lol.

For his health, I hope Oliver decides to not tell him, especially if "Laurel" leaves before he gets out of rehab. Although knowing this show, they'd just have someone else tell him. Poor Quentin; he's going to keep getting his hopes up. Sara's been resurrected three different times now (I count the almost death in Nyssa's first episode), Laurel or Black Siren is coming back and he'll probably find out. Poor guy is never going to trust his mind after this. I would not be surprised if he checks himself into a mental health facility after rehab. 

Also, Primal Slayer, I know that you're an LL fan so I apologize for the shitty way that the show is tugging you and the rest of the LL fans along. I'm really feeling bad for you guys. I empathize with you. I don't like LL, but I know that this teasing and eventual backstabbing is not fun to deal with. I'm sorry you have to go through this. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, Primal Slayer, I know that you're an LL fan so I apologize for the shitty way that the show is tugging you and the rest of the LL fans along. I'm really feeling bad for you guys. I empathize with you. I don't like LL, but I know that this teasing and eventual backstabbing is not fun to deal with. I'm sorry you have to go through this. 

Thank you. I'm just glad that I follow spoilers so my hopes are far from high.