Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

quarks, what do you mean by the opposite reactions are coming from the industry pros?  Do they think O/L is happening, or not happening?  I'm really curious how someone with more real world experience sees it.

(I'm coming from House M.D., where I was badly burned.  The show seemed to be going in one direction, and then Bryan Singer left and it became something very different.  And the more people asked for one thing (the original ducklings back), the more the show-runner dug in his heels and pushed the other harder.  It wasn't just viewers who didn't like the direction, it was reviewers like Matt Roush and Maureen Ryan too.)

Edited by statsgirl

You have no idea how much I am going to be praying to the TV gods that this is true.  I love him!

That is me right here. I didn't know how badly i wanted it until i saw it. And if Ra is really to be season 3 baddie who is going after Merlyn for breaking League code this could mean more Sara and Nyssa also. 

• Love 2
Apparently Benedict Cumberland and Tom Hardy are on the short list for Dr. Strange.

My bad. I brought up Dr. Strange. He's a Marvel character and I had hoped Oded Fehr might be chosen for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Cumberbatch and Hardy are the rumored studio picks for the character. Arrow/DC etc. have nothing to do with Dr. Strange. Sorry for the confusion. 

(edited)

To clarify: the industry pros don't think that Oliver and Laurel will be the endgame unless the show changes showrunners, and probably even then. Which would be comforting, but alas, I rarely talk to them about Arrow, let alone analyse the show with them. Also, as said, they don't work on Arrow, so basically they are just speculating the same way we are over here. 

That Dr. Strange list sounds a bit less like a short list and more like a dream list to me. Edit: Well, ok, if it's a Marvel film, that's more of a short list. Carry on!

Edited by quarks
  • Love 1

Oded Fehr for Ra's - I might have to watch just for that. ;)

About "Daniel"/Ted Kord - I wonder if he might have ties to Felicity's father somehow and that's how they're going to work in her backstory?

Hugo Strange, as opposed to Dr. Strange, is a Batman villain. It's possible that Hugo Strange might appear on Arrow if Gotham doesn't tie up the rights for him. On the other hand if Marvel is making a Dr. Strange movie DC might just want to avoid the confusion. 

I fully expect a Chem test between EBR/Daniel as he's being brought on specifically to be Felicity's LI.

This may be going on right now. There was a tweet about casting being in session for "Arrow" by Rappaport Casting, which I believe is in LA, and Emily tweeted about being in LA a couple of days ago. Since she is not doing promotions, I'm thinking it's for the casting sessions.

I think Felicity's backstory will be worked into Oliver's baby mama drama.  There was an interview (sorry don't remember where) with EBR and she said that at some point in Season 3 Felicity would be opening up to Oliver about her life growing up.  Will the EPs actually give her a LI and parents on the show in the same season? It would be nice but call me cynical.  I could see them exploring her backstory simply through conversations with Oliver as he tries to figure out what to do about his kid unless of course one of her parents is a DC character and not just regular people. 

Cynical is also why I think O/L or GA/BC will be revisited.  The current writing looks like it is headed for an exploration of a romance with O/F but we have been TOLD how L is the one to pull O out of his despair.  We get those dreadful lines like (L) " I know you in my bones" or (S to L) "Ollie needs you".  This contradicts what we actually see but that doesn't seem to bother TPTB.  After Season 2 I don't really trust the storytelling.  It has been all over the place and some done for no reason other than shock value. (I do not include the O/F scene in 2.23.  I think that was a good twist.)  All I WANT is good consistent storytelling.  TPTB thinks I NEED inconsistent eye-rolling moments.  

About "Daniel"/Ted Kord - I wonder if he might have ties to Felicity's father somehow and that's how they're going to work in her backstory?

How about if he turns out to be her long lost brother.  ;p

Give Queencest a run for its money.  (There are way too many fan fic stories still out there about Oliver and Thea and their "chemistry")

Ha if Oded Fehr shows up as Ra's and he and Nyssa appear on screen together, TVs everywhere will explode from ridiculous amounts of hotness.

I don't see it happening, but it'd sure be nice.

(edited)
I think Felicity's backstory will be worked into Oliver's baby mama drama.  There was an interview (sorry don't remember where) with EBR and she said that at some point in Season 3 Felicity would be opening up to Oliver about her life growing up.  Will the EPs actually give her a LI and parents on the show in the same season? It would be nice but call me cynical.  I could see them exploring her backstory simply through conversations with Oliver as he tries to figure out what to do about his kid unless of course one of her parents is a DC character and not just regular people.

Actually it would make sense, Felicity's father abandoned her so she'd probably argue in favor of Oliver taking a role in "Connor's" life while Oliver would think it's best to stay far away in order to protect him.  I can easily see that leading to more backstory on her childhood and growing up with a single mother.

ETA: Crack Casting Choice for Daniel/Ted - Justin Hartley :D

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

sorayaesrtela: a lot of rumors that a #Olicity kiss was cut from season finale. Could you find the truth?

We can confirm that there was in fact a kiss filmed between Oliver and Felicity for Arrow's season two finale that ultimately hit the cutting room floor. But it was pre-reveal that Ollie's "I love you" was just a ploy (But was it really?!) to trick Slade, so that doesn't really count, right? Right?!

I guess their was an Olicity kiss filmed.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/551649/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-american-horror-story-fargo-pretty-little-liars-arrow-and-more?cmpid=eonline-twitter&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&dlvrit=48939

(edited)
There are casting rumors swirling around about Oded Fehr as Ra's al Ghul.

Here's another article that talks about this same casting rumor, as well as other speculation:

Arrow Season 3 Spoilers: Oded Fehr As Ra's Ak Ghul, John Diggle As Green Lantern, Manu Bennett 'Deathstroke' Return And More!

Published June 16, 2014

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/25086/20140616/arrow-season-3-spoilers.htm

The MG easter egg spoiler is interesting, but I don't think the Diggle as GL theory is based on anything concrete.

Stephen Amell also did a Facebook Q&A recently in which he may have hinted that Harley Quinn may show up in Season 3.  I don't know if it was a real spoiler or if he was just being coy, so I'm putting it in the Spoiler thread.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/666072563478014

Edited by tv echo

How about if he turns out to be her long lost brother.  ;p

Give Queencest a run for its money.  (There are way too many fan fic stories still out there about Oliver and Thea and their "chemistry")

Ha! :)

I was actually thinking about all the theories that Felicity's father was going to be someone from Oliver's past. We talked about the implications of him knowing who she was before they met onscreen, etc (I think most of us were not in favor IIRC). Well what if they actually do that but with "Daniel" / Ted Kord (presumed) instead of Oliver? Felicity's father is someone from his past - a mentor, a friend, whatever - and so "Daniel" looks her up because of that?

I don't know about Oded Fehr, he looks to be too big for a CW show. And I don't think Deathstroke is going to ally with Oliver any time soon, not at least in Season 3. The article appears to be more speculation than anything. But I will be happy if proven wrong.

(edited)

I don't know about Oded Fehr, he looks to be too big for a CW show.

Eh, I don't think he's that big. I just checked IMDB, and his most recent TV appearances (other than voice acting) were Covert Affairs and NCIS. And, interestingly enough, apparently he did the voice of Ra's al Ghul for Young Justice. I don't know if that makes it more or less likely. The only thing is...he's only 43. They might want someone a bit older looking? I don't know.

And I don't think Deathstroke is going to ally with Oliver any time soon, not at least in Season 3. The article appears to be more speculation than anything.

That I agree with.

People are still speculating on John Diggle really being Jon Stewart and becoming Green Lantern?

No kidding.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Well I wasn't really thinking about his age compared to Katrina Law so much. More that I guess I just had a mental image in my head of Ra's being a man in his 50s or 60s rather than someone Slade Wilson's age. Someone maybe more Susanna Thompson's age (56). But hey, Paul Blackthorne sells Quentin and he's only 45 (I just looked that up and was surprised). So I guess it could work.

ETA: And yes, apparently the age difference between Oded Fehr and Katrina Law is the same as between John Barrowman and Colin Donnell - 15 years.

Edited by Starfish35

I always assumed the next time we saw Slade would be the final season when everyone Oliver has caught and sentenced to Argus' super max prison manage to escape and return to Starling for one final epic battle. 

• Love 2
(edited)

There's been some rumors that WB is going to announce a Flash/Green Lantern film at San Diego Comic Con as part of their overall Justice League set of films, which I guess is why this Diggle as Green Lantern is being brought up again.  That of course assumes that a) DC and WB actually greenlit this film, and b) the Flash/Arrow TV shows are taking place in the same universe as this upcoming set of films.

Edit: Here's the source for the Flash/Green Lantern movie. It's really short on actual details:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/report-justice-league-green-lanternthe-flash-and-wonder-woman-movies-in-2017

Edited by quarks
(edited)

I was watching youtube videos of Denver comic con panel and there's one important thing that was mentioned by Amell that I haven't read anywhere. He said that one of the earlier themes of Season 3 will be "where is Thea and what has happened to her?" and one of the things that was in discussion by the EPs was that Malcom and Thea wouldn't be even present in the first couple of episodes of Season 3.

This ties to the finale interview given by EPs where they had stated that one of the characters would be missing in the earlier parts of Season 3.

Edited by abhi
(edited)

This ties to the finale interview given by EPs where they had stated that one of the characters would be missing in the earlier parts of Season 3.

Yeah, I figured it would be Thea, or Sara, except I wasn't sure if Sara counted because Caity wasn't technically a regular.

How many story threads are confirmed now for season three?

1) Thea and Malcolm

2) Diggle and HIVE - haven't heard much about this since the finale. However, with Oliver with Amanda in flashbacks, they might turn this into a larger current day arc.

3) Oliver's baby mama drama

4) "Daniel"

5) Felicity backstory - will this be its own separate arc or woven in with one of the others?

6) Diggle/Lyla/baby (this might just be background though)

Anything I'm missing?

Nothing known for sure yet about Laurel, Sara, or Quentin. As far as the LoA and Ra's, has their presence in S3 been confirmed or is that speculation because of Sara?

Edited by Starfish35

Anything I'm missing?

Nothing known for sure yet about Laurel, Sara, or Quentin. As far as the LoA and Ra's, has their presence in S3 been confirmed or is that speculation because of Sara?

For some reason I still get excited when I read such comments. I have no hope.

• Love 1

There are casting rumors swirling around about Oded Fehr as Ra's al Ghul.

https://uk.movies.ya...-140200075.html

He's been my first choice ever since the mere whisper of a possible Ra's Al Ghul appearance was heard.

For an older actor choice, I go with Jason Issacs.  Who has also voiced the character- in Batman Under the Red Hood, I believe.  So both actors come with some Ra's voice work cred.

I would not have thought the show would snag John Barrowman for more than a handful of episodes, so I have no problem believing that they can get a number of other big name TV actors to show up.

Is anyone on Arrow close to or connected to anyone in NCIS or Covert Affairs? Because Fehr, who I have to admit might be even more perfect for the role than the pick I was given a while back, Alexander Siddig, has done both those shows.

I wonder if the Olicity stuff is being sent out now because Oliver is going to shut it down early in season 3, and they want viewers to be invested in it because it's going to start up later  For realz, I hope.

Bringing this over from the Hopes and Fears thread because it gets spoilery.

I've been thinking about them solving F/O early on in the season, and I kinda think Oliver already shut Felicity down with his non-response in the island. She flat out asked him if he meant the ILY, and he evaded. It makes sense that she now believes he didn't mean it, and decides to move on.

Amell said in one of the Upfronts interviews that whether or not Oliver meant it will be answered early on, so it makes more sense if Oliver tells Diggle, for example, that he meant it, but "because of the life that I lead", etc. [Amell is sure clinging to that, so I'm gonna assume that Oliver is also.] And then Felicity meets Daniel and whatever Oliver feels is moot anyway because she'll be into somebody else.

• Love 2

That's what I think is going to happen, and I'm okay with that because it's good storytelling.

I think Diggle will confront Oliver on it, because Oliver's not the type to open up especially to criticism, and Oliver will go into his "the life I lead" speech.  Diggle, a man with a baby on the way, will try to call him on it, or he'll just give up and go with one of his patented "Who can help this fool?" looks.

I prefer the 'show not tell' method, and I like the idea of Oliver realizing that not only is Felicity interested in another guy, he's someone like Oliver is himself but chose a different path.

The question is, will they use Felicity's interest in Daniel to re-open Oliver/Laurel.

• Love 2

The question is, will they use Felicity's interest in Daniel to re-open Oliver/Laurel.

I feel like I've pretty much convinced myself of this. I hope in vane they allow this so that Oliver and Laurel can have closure and move on. Permanently.

• Love 1

I realize this sounds hopelessly paranoid of me but I'll never totally believe that Oliver/Laurel is over unless Katie Cassidy leaves the show, all evidence to the contrary not withstanding. :( I just seem to have bad luck with my NOTPs that way.

• Love 1

SA said that we would see if Oliver was telling the truth or not right at the beginning of S3. Since the show happens in real time and the premiere would be approx 5-6 months later, what if we discovered hints that Oliver and Felicity had already gotten together and broke up off-screen? (I feel like that happened in another show, I can't remember which one, but it would be really refreshing and outside the usual tropes.) We still get the slow burn of them getting together but with a twist and a little mystery, which also incorporates their tendency for flashbacks.

I won't believe Lauriver is off the table, until Laurel is dead, dead, dead and her cold dead body is verified dead, dead, dead  and put in a concrete container and sent to the bottom of the Mariana Trench or jettisoned into the sun.

• Love 8

I'd upgrade that from possibility to almost certainty. The furore over a tweet between Stephen Amell and another actor, Gregory Smith today was enough to send people speculating wildly about whether he was 'Daniel'.

Gregory Smith does have the Everwood connection with one of the producers.  I still think of him as a piano playing teen prodigy but if Emily VanCamp can be a cold hearted seeker of revenge, Smith can grow up to be Blue Beetle. 

• Love 1