Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think having no Olicity interaction for multiple episodes is a big mistake tbh. But I'm not surprised.

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

My concern is that we get episodes of Oliver being brutalized in prison and then when he gets out Felicity so angry/hurt we don’t get warmth between them and Felicity comes across as mean.

I don't necessarily think that it will go that for just because they are married and they have a kid now, so they can't really get as distant like s3/s4/s5 simply because that's not who they are anymore in terms of characters or relationship. Like, she'll be angry or hurt but not cold especially paired with whatever happens to Oliver in prison and the fact that they won't interact for over half a year.

They'll probably address it in the obligatory Felicity/Olicity episode they always have in the first 5-6-7 episodes of the season.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think it's a tricky line tbh. Felicity has every right to be angry and she should get the chance to voice that anger. Oliver was wrong. But like others have said, the audience is gonna see Oliver brutalized in prison probably and so Felicity's rightful anger might not sit well after that. It depends on how they approach it. If it's anything like how they've handled O/F drama before, Felicity will get hated on even though she didn't do anything. I hope they tread lightly with it.

Edited by Guest
12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I don't necessarily think that it will go that for just because they are married and they have a kid now, so they can't really get as distant like s3/s4/s5 simply because that's not who they are anymore in terms of characters or relationship. Like, she'll be angry or hurt but not cold especially paired with whatever happens to Oliver in prison and the fact that they won't interact for over half a year.

Yeah, I expect Felicity to be simultaneously (1) happy and relieved that Oliver is home, (2) angry that she, once again, has to deal with him excluding her from major decisions about their life together, and (3) concerned for his physical and mental well-being because she knows prison was a brutal experience for him. For better or worse, Felicity knows who she married and she understands and forgives all his boneheaded decisions better than anyone. But I'm glad the show is going to explore it, because I think it has a lot of potential for important, character-developing drama. 

• Love 1

I hope the show actually dives into what Felicity is going through while Oliver is in prison. Her whole life thrown upside down, the struggle to be a single parent.

• Love 9

I had really warmed up to the idea of the Olicity baby, mainly because I wanted O/F to have something happy, so now I'm kinda bummed. Even though I think we all knew it was off the table a while ago. 

There really is nothing to look forward to tbh. Haha.

season 7 is gonna be dark and sad with a lot of s1 callbacks

Oh, yay! Another season of misery!  Beth may enjoy that aspect of the show creatively, but as a viewer it’s a chore to get through after six seasons.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Assuming this is not just hyperbole, I'm super interested to find out about Roy's storyline.

Me too. With Beth mentioning that he's finding a different way to be a hero (or whatever it was that she said), I wonder if he's back as a cop or with ARGUS or something along those lines.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Assuming this is not just hyperbole, I'm super interested to find out about Roy's storyline

I don’t get why SA insists on using big words that he clearly doesn’t know the meaning of (quorum, pontificate, etc.). Drives me nuts. 

• Love 2

I'm guessing that the scenes BamBam and Beth had to get censor approval for is male nudity in a shower scene fight.  Not Oliver remembering what it was like to be with Felicity. So that doesn't get me excited.

43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I hope the show actually dives into what Felicity is going through while Oliver is in prison. Her whole life thrown upside down, the struggle to be a single parent.

It would be a first. it always seems like there is a ton of storyline potential for Felicity and then it vanishes like the mist when the sun comes up.

3 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Curious about what kind of advice Iris could give, though, based on previous discussions in MYS.

How to keep giving the same pep talk and not get bored.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

YASSS Emily YASS! We dont need no pregnant Felicity/baby until the very final scene of the show where she can go "Im pregnant" and then we're done.

wow that is such backward thinking. Felicity can be pregnant and kick ass. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

wow that is such backward thinking. Felicity can be pregnant and kick ass. 

Don't try to turn it into something that it isnt. I never said that Felicity cant kick ass and be pregnant.

33 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

YASSS Emily YASS! We dont need no pregnant Felicity/baby until the very final scene of the show where she can go "Im pregnant" and then we're done.

Who is "we"? I certainly don't share this opinion.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I think it's a tricky line tbh. Felicity has every right to be angry and she should get the chance to voice that anger. Oliver was wrong. But like others have said, the audience is gonna see Oliver brutalized in prison probably and so Felicity's rightful anger might not sit well after that. It depends on how they approach it. If it's anything like how they've handled O/F drama before, Felicity will get hated on even though she didn't do anything. I hope they tread lightly with it.

They should have her hack the prison system network to see him. If they can't physically see each other that's the only way I can think of.

• Love 6

I'm not really understanding. The show hit a 0.4 last season and they're continuing with the same bullshit this season?

I know CW doesn't care about ratings but are they aiming for a 0.1?

Rehash of s1??? Really???

The Olicitot was always too good to be true because this show likes misery but I found the shutting down of the honeymoon pretty offensive. Feels like that are trying to get rid of the portion of the audience that they don't want (shippers) or something. 

• Love 7

Listen, I am 100% anti-baby but all the rebuking of it by the cast -that in the past has always played the "you never know" card, makes me think that baby will be announced this season for sure.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh yes, that’s what we all wanted! More of Oliver being miserable! Because we didn’t get enough of THAT last season! 

And every season before that. These writers are never gonna lift their boots off of Oliver's neck.

• Love 8

Stephen's comments about the people Oliver's going to see in jail made me think the season 1 callbacks are going to be criminals that he's meeting up with in Slabside. And I get that the main character being in maximum security prison for what seems like an extended period of time doesn't exactly make sunshine and rainbows out of a season, but I don't think the best way to talk about a show that's been nothing but bogged down in useless, never-ending drama is to tease that it's going to be depressing and sad. Why are all of these people so consistently bad at their jobs? LOL

3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Listen, I am 100% anti-baby but all the rebuking of it by the cast -that in the past has always played the "you never know" card, makes me think that baby will be announced this season for sure.

IDK, I think if it was someone would've taken Emily aside and told her to not be so openly disguised by the notion, but...then again given who we're dealing with, maybe not. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Feels like that are trying to get rid of the portion of the audience that they don't want (shippers) or something. 

I don't think it's that. I just think it's now become very clear that SA and EBR (and to a lesser extent the others but JH and RG try while DR is actually good at it) are terrible at promoting their own show unless it has something that interests them personally, which for SA is usually the grim stuff and EBR is the Felicity episodes are the real acting challenge stuff (both which definitely don't usually happen in the first 2 episodes)

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

IDK, I think if it was someone would've taken Emily aside and told her to not be so openly disguised by the notion, but...then again given who we're dealing with, maybe not. 

Any other network and I would agree with this 100%... but this is CW lol. I'm just remembering how adamant David was about the baby then to turn around and backtrack, the same weekend SA said they got e-mails from Beth re:spoilers. As for Emily, my guess is she knows it's coming but doesn't want it, and I can't blame her. This is the same woman who said that show always promises her story arcs but never delivers, she may see a baby as another way for them to not write for her.

Also, let's not forget SA saying he was absolutely not outing himself as GA lol. These people need better PR.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Why are all of these people so consistently bad at their jobs?

It really is impressive how bad they are.  I was not that excited about the new season anyway but they have managed to make me even less interested and we haven't even gotten to the panel yet.  And if this season is just going to be season 1 redone (with lesser characters and actors) it seems like the perfect time to exit.  

• Love 3

So, what we know so far:

Oliver is in jail for an indeterminate number of episodes and only speaking to one of the other characters that people actually like - Diggle.

Oliver will do something to make even his fans root against him. 

Going back to season 1

Miserable, grim 

Oliver is on a journey for redemption. Again.

Sigh.

• Love 2
(edited)

Videos of Arrow cast interviews at SDCC are starting to be published on youtube. I'm just going to post them (with my transcriptions) in the Spoilers thread.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

I'm swayed by others and there's a lot of negativity on twitter at the moment. :(

I’m actually surprised by how much negativity there is already on Twitter - we haven’t even gotten to the panel/sizzle reel yet and the YouTube press room interviews are just starting to come out (bless @tv echo for posting/transcriping). I’m going to give it the rest of the day to see if anyone says anything that gets me hyped before writing off SDCC. It could still happen!

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

That's a really interesting way to look at it (in a good way). I must admit, I'm becoming really disappointed. But again, I'm swayed by others and there's a lot of negativity on twitter at the moment. :( Thanks for this perspective :)

Lol I'm not even trying to be positive or anything, just neutral statements

My thing is that when you come down to it we've learned basically nothing new and just got reconfirmed things that they teased or set up already (Diggle is working for Argus, Felicity is in protection, Oliver will have a bad time in prison, the newbs are still the newbs, we're still trying to ride that grim realistic route from s5, etc.). The only difference here is how they are framing things. 

What you've got here is Beth/CW/WB saying "promote Oliver in prison and the rest of the cast dealing with it. That's it," and then the cast just being there to party instead of trying to do the job of promotion because they got away with doing it last year. JH and RG are trying with their character-based answers but give no new info (plus....yeah those are the two you definitely want answers from for Arrow), DR is actually giving new info and insight but is not the lead, EK and EBR give their prepared and bland tease and then get back to hanging out, CH can't spoil anything (like WH back in s3), and SA is actually doing his job but the problem is that he enjoys the grimmer aspects of the show and the grimmer part of the show seems to be the selling point Beth/CW/WB told them to go with.

At the end of this I'm actually way more disappointed in the cast than the show right now. The cast could talk about the tone of the show, interactions they've had, stuff they are excited for the fans to see (JH is actually doing this, but Dinah's not really the seller of the show here. SA is also doing this, but as with s5 if he's the only main doing it it doesn't go over great), but they aren't. They are giving their prepared statements and waiting for the promo to do their jobs.

ETA: I also am actually still interested in s7, but it's actually from stuff that is happening, not from anything the cast has said so far.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 8
(edited)

I’m trying to be excited, I really am. So, maybe at the end of Redeption Quest 503, Oliver will finally be allowed to move on from learning the same stupid lessons over and over and get tortured for season after season. I’m just waiting to get more info before I spiral into depression rages at this show. I’m trying damn it! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

You know, between last season, the season before that, and the next round of “A Series of Unfortunate Events for Oliver Queen” hinted at this season, I almost feel like this show actively hates its own hero. 

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, way2interested said:

At the end of this I'm actually way more disappointed in the cast than the show right now. The cast could talk about the tone of the show, interactions they've had, stuff they are excited for the fans to see (JH is actually doing this, but Dinah's not really the seller of the show here. SA is also doing this, but as with s5 if he's the only main doing it it doesn't go over great), but they aren't. They are giving their prepared statements and waiting for the promo to do their jobs.

I actually don't need any of that. I don't need the cast to promote the show. I need reassurance from Beth that she knows S6 was a shitshow and she has a plan to course correct. But I'm not hearing any of that. All I'm hearing is that everyone's going to be traumatized and miserable when the season starts, and I don't know how anyone is supposed to be excited about that. Maybe they think everyone will be so enthralled by the trailer that they don't have to say anything positive or hopeful about the early part of S7. I guess we'll see in a few hours.

• Love 11
(edited)

-- On whether there's still team animosity, JH: "I think because of what happened to Oliver, everybody softened a little bit. You know, a lot of that animosity last season kind of got broken up when we realized what a huge sacrifice he made for us, even though we were fighting and had been in such a dark place. So, no, a little less animosity this year."

He went to jail for you and everyone softened a little bit? There's a little less animosity toward the guy who went to jail for your immunity? LOL. I hope that was sarcasm - I can't make myself watch it. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I actually don't need any of that. I don't need the cast to promote the show. I need reassurance from Beth that she knows S6 was a shitshow and she has a plan to course correct. But I'm not hearing any of that. All I'm hearing is that everyone's going to be traumatized and miserable when the season starts, and I don't know how anyone is supposed to be excited about that. Maybe they think everyone will be so enthralled by the trailer that they don't have to say anything positive or hopeful about the early part of S7. I guess we'll see in a few hours.

It's SDCC, though. That's literally their job when they're there: to promote the show, just like when cast members have to promote a movie, and since it's the only time they do I do need that.  Beth's not going to come out and insult her former bosses, so she was never going to say anything close to that since that's really bad business and a jerk move. And the miserable and trauma stuff wasn't her quote. She said they were going back to the grim and darker aspects of s1 (a reporter paraphrased as "sad") and then one of the only cast members who is doing their job (SA) was promoting his stuff that happened to be the sad stuff. The rest of their cast slacked off majorly in promoting their stuff so it comes off that the whole season is sad because only one cast member is really doing his job (DR is as well, and it shows that none of the stuff he's talked about has been dark at all. He's been talking about Argus coming and helping the team, Argus being a significant plot for him and the season, him talking to Oliver in prison, him directing 711, and all of the action they've got planned. However, since he's not the lead, his stuff is not going to track as much). So if the rest of the cast actually stepped up more (mostly EBR but overall everyone) as it is their job to do for one day, it wouldn't be as lopsided.

I do think they'll change a bit after footage comes out and they'll have to talk about directly referable stuff.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

She said they were going back to the grim and darker aspects of s1 (a reporter paraphrased as "sad")

No, I'm pretty sure she herself said it was going to be depressing and sad because she likes that aspect of the show. I can't find the interview, but that's what I recall her saying. 

I swear, if the Newbies are even remotely still pissy with Oliver after all of this...I’m dedicating the rest of my life to building a machine that will allow me to reach my hands through the screen, so that I can THROTTLE those sacks of crap. It would be my new life’s work. 

• Love 13

Fact: Rene betrayed Oliver.

Newbies/actors: say something stupid

Fact: Rene swings an ax at Oliver

Newbies/actors: say something stupid, blame Oliver for defending himself 

Fact: OTA chooses to try to save the city

Newbies/actors: say something stupid, blame Oliver for Vince’s death

Fact: Oliver got everyone immunity and is serving a life sentence.

Newbies/actors: say something stupid, “a little less animosity” (but Dinah may be warming up to BS, who killed Vince)

Which Earth is the dead one I wanted to send the newbies to last season?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No, I'm pretty sure she herself said it was going to be depressing and sad because she likes that aspect of the show. I can't find the interview, but that's what I recall her saying. 

I might be thinking of a different one, then, my bad, I just can't find her interview saying that, only stuff being bad for Oliver.

I guess my point is that they are promoting their stuff more which happens to be the sad stuff, while the people who don't have the sad stuff are not pushing their things (this also includes Beth).