Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I haven't heard anything about him. Since Felicity was going into Argus protection, I assume he would be filming with EBR (and therefore CH). No confirmation though.

I didn't realize how much info we got from the paps till now.

I'd just really love to know who has been doing the most filming tbh. Mainly because I'm hoping it's not any of the newbies. I don't need a repeat of S6 and I'm on alert for the signs. Haha.

Hey, yo, Ken. Where you at dude? ?

12 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

So, is Kirk A. a regular this season?

We're not sure. It seems like he is based on his pic being up on the wall with the rest of the cast but IDK how accurate that is. 

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

We're not sure. It seems like he is based on his pic being up on the wall with the rest of the cast but IDK how accurate that is. 

Yeah, the fact that his picture is on the wall makes it weird that he wasn't included in the group going to SDCC. Maybe the production office was scared he'd flood the place with pink smoke if they left him off the wall.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, the fact that his picture is on the wall makes it weird that he wasn't included in the group going to SDCC. Maybe the production office was scared he'd flood the place with pink smoke if they left him off the wall.

Can you image him charging into the writers offices? lol

Pink Smoke "mumblemumblemumble!!" Punch the air "mumblemumblemumble!!"

• Love 4

It's possible. I guess either SGS or regular, he'll probably be around for at least the first half of the season, while he wasnt the most interesting big bad I am interested to see what they do with him and if they can improve upon last season. 

Still so weird out of all the big bads or big characters in general, he is the one who sticks around as long as he will.

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Was KA a regular or recurring in season 6? There was no announcement about his status at the end of the season, so I assume it’s the same as it’s always been.

Just recurring, "Special Guest Star," just like ME's "and ME as Cayden James" and NM's "Special Appearance By"

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Still so weird out of all the big bads or big characters in general, he is the one who sticks around as long as he will.

I mean, he IS the greatest threat that Oliver has ever faced! I mean, other than the murderous terrorist ninja, the super soldier with a grudge who was hearing voices, OR his army, the sorcerer with a god complex, the aliens trying to take over the world, the super-powered intradomintional Nazis trying to take over the world, the super-genius martial arts expert, or Ivan freaking Drago. Truly, this random dude whos super power seems to be holding petty grudges is his greatest threat! 

Seriously, I have no clue what the show is trying to do with this guy. He isnt a really notable comic character, he isnt a classic Green Arrow character (which is why they keep trying to make Black Canary a thing), he isnt really popular with fans, whats the deal?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

He isnt a really notable comic character,

I got the impression that his comic counterpart was really well received. This guy seems pretty much nothing like that guy though.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Now I'm confused - someone who looks like Daniel Cudmore appeared to be shooting The Flash on July 16th...
tumblr_pbzgtunpPI1susnhzo3_1280.jpg
(source)

When asked about this pic, Cudmore responded as follows:

So was he shooting Arrow or Flash or both? As far as I know, he's never appeared on The Flash before and is an Arrow character.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Two audition videos for Kate/Batwoman - same audition scenes, with minor dialogue variations (I've transcribed the first audition video and then added some of the dialogue variations in brackets from the second audition video) - the first scene is with an unidentified villain, and the second scene is at a restaurant with a female date...

Chasty Ballesteros_Batwoman_Kate_Arrow_The Flash_Supergirl
Posted: July 19, 2018, by KC Talent

Batwoman (Kate) - Lyla Porter-Follows
Posted: July 20, 2018, by Lyla Porter-Follows

Audition Scene 1:
Voice (off-screen): "Looks like a bat, smells like a bat, and yet, still not Batman. You get that a lot?"
CB: "Where is he?"
Voice: "Batman?"
CB: "Um-hmm."
Voice: "I thought that was the whole point of the big gaudy floodlight. Flip it on and - poof - a hero telegram."
CB: "So I'm new to this. Do all the other good guys indulge in this side of you? Because, really, who has the time?"
Voice: "Good point. [Point taken.]"
CB: "Yeah."
Voice: "Let's get down to business. First, tell me why you care. Is it because A) you're tired [terrified] of being Gotham's hero du jour or B) all of the above?"
CB: "C) He's the only one [person] who'll maybe convince me not to kill you?"
Voice: "Uh, uh, uh. Murder is a 'no-no' per the Batcode article 2, section 8."
CB: "Hmm. True. But, like you said, I'm not Batman." (Points knife at other speaker)
Voice: "No. Batman knows where the carotid is located. You're a teeny touch to the left, dear."
CB: "I'm not interested in your carotid. I'm interested in puncturing your larynx and rendering you speechless for the rest of your life. What's wrong? The idea of insanity is less fun without words? Tell me where he is, or I'll sharpen this eyeliner with your voicebox." 
Voice: "Siberia."
CB: "Get specific."
Voice: "The border of Kazakhstan. That's all I know."
CB: "Anyone teach you how to properly apply eyeliner? [Anyone ever tell you the secret to applying eyeliner? You just - (makes jabbing gesture).]"

Audition Scene 2:
CB: "Sorry, when I made the reservation, I didn't realize we'd be having [I was taking us to] dinner in 1959."
Voice (off-screen): "Are you kidding? I'm loving this place."
CB: "Really?"
Voice: "Yeah. I feel like I want to smoke a cigar and objectify someone."
CB: "Preferably me. And preferably after dessert. Because they have molten lava cake."
Voice: "Oh. We'll see who lasts until dessert."
Second Voice (off-screen): "Pardon the interruption, ladies. But unfortunately, sneakers are not permitted in the dining area."
CB: "Oh, these? They're not sneakers. They're super rare Jordan Retro 1 High OGs. But, you wouldn't know that, [Not that anyone could tell,] seeing as they're hidden underneath the table."
Second Voice: "Regardless. They are a violation of our dress code."
CB: "Cool. I have a pair of boots in the car I'll just change into, [I have some boots in my car. I'll go get them,] so that everyone feels comfortable."
Second Voice: "Or perhaps, you'd enjoy our lounge outside [instead]."
CB: "Because it's dark and dead and less likely to offend people? No, thanks. I'm good right here."
Voice: "Maybe we should, uh, we should just go?"
CB: "We will. As soon as this man admits that my shoes are only offensive [the only thing offensive about my sneakers is] because I'm here dating a woman."
Second Voice: "Okay. Now I'm afraid I need to ask you to leave."
CB: You sure 'afraid' is the word that you're looking for [you want to use]? Because 'afraid' means wondering whether you're going to be treated less than every time you go out for dinner. 'Afraid' is being a woman and walking around alone anywhere. 'Afraid' is existing as [is being] anything other than a straight white man in the year 2018. So what you meant to say is that you feel privileged to ask us to leave [So I think, what you meant to say is that you have the privilege of asking us to leave], to which I am responding, she will have the fillet and I will have the branzino. And we'll have [we will be happy to accept] two glasses of your best [finest] Scotch on the house. In lieu of calling [a phone call to] the ACLU, of course." 
Second Voice: "And did you want that cake?"
CB: "Oh, no. We'll just go home and have sex."

ETA: Looks like Lyla Porter-Follows has privatized her video since I originally watched it.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
22 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Unconfirmed...

I'm still thinking that list of potentially new characters from earlier are the Longbow Hunters, meaning that two will be gender-swapped, I suppose, if that's true, with the fourth one either being revealed later (like, the leader or something) or maybe the new tech guy or the cop or whoever, but eh seems like spec on this guy's part

Edited by way2interested
(edited)

EXCLUSIVE: Batwoman Series Casting & Episode Details For Arrowverse Crossover 
Andy Behbakht  July 18, 2018
http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/07/exclusive-batwoman-casting-episode-details-arrowverse/

That Hashtag Show is proud to unveil fresh casting details for the actual Batwoman role as well as some brief information on Kate’s appearance. TV Line revealed yesterday that the actress they are seeking is to be between the age of 25-29, as well as being openly gay and of any ethnicity. Now onto what you need to know about this version of Kate.

Kate is fully aware of how bad-ass she is whenever she enters a room, even though she prefers to put a smile on your face. Young Ms. Kane is physically and intellectually confident while being a woman who is proud to be openly gay. However, Kate still deals with her inner demons that go back to her history with her dad. Their relationship is quite complicated as she struggles to get praise from him. She once aspired to have a successful military career, but those dreams sadly came to an end as she was kicked out of West Point once she came out of the closet. But that didn’t stop her from becoming the crime-fighting vigilante known as Batwoman. Striking fear into the criminals she fights, Kate is someone who must also fight the complications of living a double life, both as a citizen and hero of Gotham. While she has her shield up when fighting criminals, she lets herself be vulnerable when dating women. Being eyed for a pilot option, whoever plays Kate is being listed as a recurring guest star, making us hope we will see her in the shows after the crossover too.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I hope they surprise us and have Batwoman recur on The Flash or SG cause Arrow does not need another mask to push. 

Speak of masks though, Beth said that Roy would be another kind of hero in that TvGuide preview. Is he not going to be a mask at all? 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

If true, recurring doesn't necessarily mean like Rene and Dinah in s5, especially if she's supposed to be on another show, kind of like how Barry was used.

17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Speak of masks though, Beth said that Roy would be another kind of hero in that TvGuide preview. Is he not going to be a mask at all? 

That's how I was kind of seeing it too, at least for 7a. That he wouldn't be doing street vigilante stuff like Dinah, Rene (and I guess BS) were immediately doing come 701. 

(edited)

Wow, in that first scene I like the dialogue of the off-screen character so much more than Kate's. This writing is really...something.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 2
Just now, way2interested said:

Could be in the eyes of the city/the law rather than the "I am a killer who needs to be alone" way

I don't think that's much better, LOL. And if he's getting redeemed (for whatever he needs to be redeemed for in the eyes of the city at this point), I hope this is the last season. 

The only people who need redemption are the newbies and I hate them so I don't care to watch it. Oliver's whole journey over 6 years has been about redemption. And Felicity hasn't done anything wrong so what the hell?!

• Love 19