Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

How are we going to survive this and have an Olicitot next season guys!!!! I thought I was ready!!!! Maybe I'm not!!!! *jumps into a ditch*

LOL you're killing me! ??❤️

• Love 1
(edited)

No real spoilers given, but anyway - fyi...

#DCTV Finales! Arrow, Gotham & Lucifer w/ Tom Ellis
Published on May 14, 2018, by DC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHmZpN3bQuE

-- DC All Access' Hector Navarro: "Eyes up, 'cause here's what's going down on the season finale of Arrow. Check this out. Okay. Previously on Arrow, Ricardo Diaz has got people everywhere, but he wants Oliver Queen. That's right, people, it's the showdown that you've been waiting for. I wish I could tell you more about it, but so much of this is spoiler country, I really can't. But know this, Oliver Queen has recruited a new ally to his team: FBI Agent Watson. That's right, guys, we've got a new member of Team Arrow. Speaking of Team Arrow, Team Arrow kicks ass in this episode. I can tell you that. I can tell you that. And, I want to, please let me do this, indulge me. Give another shout-out to the stunt and fighting and choreography teams of the show Arrow. They are phenomenal. Shout-out to everyone busting their butts to make this show look so awesome. Everybody is up to 4 a.m. The actors are in this costumes up to 4 a.m. on these rooftops that are raining, that are wet, to give you guys some incredible fight sequences. You guys are not going to want to miss it, alright? So that's what's happening on the season finale. It is an epic showdown between Oliver Queen and Ricardo Diaz, people. Oh!" (Hector then gave a "comics connection" for Ricardo Diaz, a/k/a Richard Dragon, blah, blah, blah.)

Edited by tv echo

I'm ok if Kevin Smith does end up directing an Arrow episode. He seems to be more into The Flash anyway and if it's just for one episode, then why not? Though I'm someone who doesn't love nor hate KS, so I'm more neutral on it. For me, I've seen way worse directors (and writers) working in the Arrowverse. KS may have a specific personality that could rub people the wrong way, but I'd choose KS over BamBam any day of the week. 

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

And, I want to, please let me do this, indulge me. Give another shout-out to the stunt and fighting and choreography teams of the show Arrow. They are phenomenal. Shout-out to everyone busting their butts to make this show look so awesome. Everybody is up to 4 a.m. The actors are in this costumes up to 4 a.m. on these rooftops that are raining, that are wet, to give you guys some incredible fight sequences. You guys are not going to want to miss it, alright?

If it's so good I don't want to miss It, maybe they should light it better so I can actually see it too.

I've given up trying to watch the fight scenes cause I can rarely make them out.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If it's so good I don't want to miss It, maybe they should light it better so I can actually see it too.

I've given up trying to watch the fight scenes cause I can rarely make them out.

haha I watch the fight scenes thinking "Why are some people so excited about this. I can't see anything at all!!!! Do they have better eyesight?"

• Love 1

PB's interview in the Spoilers Only thread gives me hope that Quentin doesn't die –– unless he considers death a nice, quiet exit, LOL. I'd like to at least have the option for him to make a guest appearance or two where he gets to be fatherly to Oliver.

• Love 2
(edited)

So SA is totally prepping us for the show to end, right? He just did an interview on Build and was talking about meeting with the writers: "Hearing what they have planned and how specific they were about it, was very exciting. The thing that I really wanted to do with the show, being where we are, I don't want to assume that we're just going to exist in perpetuity. I don't want to assume there's going to be a season 8. I want write like we're running out of time, because we're not guaranteed a season 8. I would really hope that if they've got a good story, if they have something they want to do -- do it." 

Edited by Trisha
(edited)

While I was watching the interview, I didn’t get the impression that he knew anything or was saying that S7 will be the last one. It seemed more like he was just acknowledging that they’re not guaranteed a S8, so he hopes the writers won’t hold back next season. In which case, I would like to second this tweet:

The way the writers wasted the 9:00 time slot this year was criminal. 
Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 10
(edited)

In reading the transcript from this weekend's con about the fun announcement that SA gets to make at the Upfronts and the CW being scared he'd spoil it and then going to where he was talking about what superpower he'd like if he had one where he hinted there may be a way for him to get one and then saying the CW "so nervous, so nervous",  I think the fun announcement is absolutely something to do with the crossover and they are afraid he'd spoil it ahead of time.  And seems likely there are power swaps or body swaps involved. 

That was near the top of my wish list.  But only if they let everyone that I want to see be involved in the swap (aka OTA)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

SA: "I get to give a line of dialogue that I get to say directly into the camera... I'm talking to a news camera."

Wait, so does this mean that Oliver is going to come out as the GA to the general public, not just Watson? And I’m still not sure how he can go to jail for that if he was already let go (unless double jeopardy only refers to the 29 murder charges from the trial, and Watson charges him with obstruction of justice, vigilantism, etc).

I thought SA told people Oliver wouldn't be outed as GA but I really don't know what else he'd be saying directly into a news camera. I think there have been cases where federal charges have been filed after a state acquittal so it might be possible to do it that way. And the charges were federal until they suddenly weren't so it wouldn't be super hard to believe they would cycle back.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I thought SA told people Oliver wouldn't be outed as GA but I really don't know what else he'd be saying directly into a news camera. I think there have been cases where federal charges have been filed after a state acquittal so it might be possible to do it that way. And the charges were federal until they suddenly weren't so it wouldn't be super hard to believe they would cycle back.

I wonder if he could be warning the residents of Star City about something? Or telling them who Diaz is or not to trust their city because it's overrun by criminals? IDK - just trying to come up with other stuff because I don't want him to do an Iron Man, LOL.

• Love 3

I dont think he wants to reveal himself as the GA, I believe him still wanting a life once this is all over is still true and he doesnt want to jeopardize that or put his family at risk.

• Love 1

Could that have been Samanda's condition?  That he was required to admit he was the GA?  Could SA be leaning into semantics when he says Oliver doesn't out himself or have an Iron Man moment since technically it would be Watson forcing him to say it in exchange for helping to stop Diaz?  And then does that mean the season ends with Felicity and William going into Argus protective custody?  Could the life sentence be never being able to hang up the hood and have that totally normal life free of the GA?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Could SA be leaning into semantics when he says Oliver doesn't out himself or have an Iron Man moment since technically it would be Watson forcing him to say it in exchange for helping to stop Diaz? And then does that mean the season ends with Felicity and William going into Argus protective custody?

Part of SA's remark was against the general "Does Oliver get outed as the GA?" first though, so I'm still hesitant, plus if he's outed publicly idk why he'd be arrested outside again or why Felicity and William would be outside watching it again instead of being in custody already.

11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Could the life sentence be never being able to hang up the hood and have that totally normal life free of the GA?

He has to get actually arrested though because Canadagraphs made a post about visiting the set on a day when they filmed Oliver giving a statement in front of the Star City Police Department and then getting hauled off my the FBI and US Marshals - so it seems like the Life Sentence probably does pertain to that (especially since SA said that Oliver ends the season all alone, and mentioned growing that stupid beard). That could be the scene where he looks directly into the camera, and at that point he could be denying it again. I'm glad we'll find out tomorrow. 

(edited)

When TV Guide asked Stephen Amell whether Oliver and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) would be ready for a baby of their own soon, he replied, "Sure, but the events of the finale will make that incredibly difficult."

Umm... what?!

Before you let your imaginations run wild with that answer, allow Emily Bett Rickards to soothe your fears, since her take on the matter is slightly more optimistic. "I think the possibilities are limited, but I wouldn't say they're excluded completely."

Edited by Soulfire
(edited)

“When the season ends, they have a [severance] in their relationship and not one that they imposed on themselves,” Emily Bett Rickards tells EW, followed up that ominous tease with a “dun, dun, dun!” for effect.

Rickards couldn’t elaborate any further because it would spoil the surprising finale, which she says is more intimate than previous season finales. “This year I thought it was a little unpredictable. It’s different from other seasons just because it just feels so personal,” she says, before comparing it to last season’s explosive finale. “Not to say getting blown up on an island doesn’t feel personal, but it does happen from afar and this one is right at home.”

“When you make an alliance, you also have to make a sacrifice, and in terms of making a sacrifice, you also have to have a bargain, and that’s the big question at the end of this season: Does what we lost outweigh the gain?” explains Rickards. “Having to do the deal with the FBI is the catalyst of that question for the end of our season.”

... Rickards is definitely excited about the fallout of the episode and what’s to come in season 7 — “more scenes with Roy,” she hopes for herself — which will see Colton Haynes rejoin the cast as Roy Harper after guest starring earlier this season and longtime staffer Beth Schwartz taking over as showrunner and executive producer.

“Congratulations to Beth Schwartz who has been there since the beginning and is part of the inside circle,” says Rickards. “In fact, I’m just so thrilled and I think that show can only get better. Change is good. Change isn’t something to be afraid of just because you don’t know what the other side looks like.”

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Oh, SA, playing the "looks like Oliver might be in prison forever" game already, I see.

Just like he was dead forever.

• Love 6
(edited)

All these interview comments are depressing me...

How Arrow Will End Things Differently For The Characters In The Season 6 Finale
BY MICK JOEST  MAY 15, 2018
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2420151/how-arrow-will-end-things-differently-for-the-characters-in-the-season-6-finale

Arrow is teasing an explosive ending to its wild Season 6, although Emily Bett Rickards has indicated fans may not expect what the series has planned. Rickards, who plays computer hacker extraordinaire Felicity Smoak, spoke to CinemaBlend's Deputy TV Editor Laura Hurley about the upcoming season finale, and noted that things will end a bit differently for the characters this season than they have in the past:

"It's different than other seasons. It's still tragic in its own way as we do in our traumas, but there's definitely something different. I always used to say 'We always go out with a bang, literally.' But this year we sort of go out with, I think, there's a bang to the heart of everybody on the team this year, which is sad but something new and something different and hopefully people respond. I think it's unexpected. So we'll see how we can make it fly."

Edited by tv echo

Oliver goes to prison which keeps Olicity separated and unable to have a baby...yet. LOL. 

59 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Oh, SA, playing the "looks like Oliver might be in prison forever" game already, I see.

They're really gonna play this game all hiatus aren't they? Sigh. Haha.

Good things - Diggle is finally talking sense again. Bad things - Oliver apologizing. WTF? He's just gonna apologize to all of them, isn't he? UGH.

That little pull focus thing with their handshake to Felicity was kind of nice and Anatoly continues to be great, and I love how they have to last minute bring in more threats (semi-comic accurate, no less) to try to make Diaz more threatening.

• Love 4

Yet again, Diaz out of the blue recruits the deadliest group of people that even LOA is afraid of. How did he know about them? Where'd he find him? Why are they working for him? We'll probably never know. 

Yet another thing that should've been set up earlier.

• Love 3

I feel like they're not even trying to keep the fact that Oliver's going to prison at the end of the finale a secret? Between releasing that clip which definitely felt like Oliver saying goodbye to Diggle and "a [severance] in their relationship and not one that they imposed on themselves" from EBR's interview with EW... 

Especially after Oliver going to Watson at the end of 622 and the mysterious deal he makes with her. 

It's so stupid that it's the finale and they're still trying to make Diaz seem like a Big Bad. "Look, he has these scary people with him! Be scared of him!" Fail. 

31 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

They're really gonna play this game all hiatus aren't they? Sigh. Haha.

This is my least favorite hiatus game. I don't want to hear from SDCC that Oliver is never returning from wherever he is going (e.g. prison.)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

This is my least favorite hiatus game. I don't want to hear from SDCC that Oliver is never returning from wherever he is going (e.g. prison.)

It's gonna be the "they're all dead" after s5 all over again. Yawn.

1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

“Congratulations to Beth Schwartz who has been there since the beginning and is part of the inside circle,” says Rickards. “In fact, I’m just so thrilled and I think that show can only get better. Change is good. Change isn’t something to be afraid of just because you don’t know what the other side looks like.”

I'm really glad that the cast seems so supportive and psyched about Beth taking over. I agree!

• Love 2

The minute Anatoly showed up in that clip, I could not stop giggling. And that's a good thing, because Felicity watching her boys make up made me all kinds of emotional. But yes, I'm going to need for Oliver to stop apologizing to people who turned their backs on him this season. Especially since all of them turn mute and can't seem to reciprocate those apologies.

• Love 5
Just now, Angel12d said:

It's gonna be the "they're all dead" after s5 all over again. Yawn.

This is way less annoying than the s5 ending though. This time they still have Diggle, Felicity, etc. to talk about along with asking about how Oliver's prison life is and if anyone is going to try to break him out or get him out (depending on how 623 actually goes). Not to mention if DR already spread the baby thing around then TvLine might ask about it at SDCC like the Felicity bf thing for s5, even if SA ends up going "sure, if we can get together somehow while I'm in prison" as a response.

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

This is way less annoying than the s5 ending though. This time they still have Diggle, Felicity, etc. to talk about along with asking about how Oliver's prison life is and if anyone is going to try to break him out or get him out (depending on how 623 actually goes). Not to mention if DR already spread the baby thing around then TvLine might ask about it at SDCC like the Felicity bf thing for s5, even if SA ends up going "sure, if we can get together somehow while I'm in prison" as a response.

True. I just know the "life in prison" thing is gonna get old pretty quick, haha.

During last year’s hiatus, SA insisted that unlike previous years when he’d get an outline about the next season, he genuinely didn’t know where season 6 was going to go. This year, in the BUILD interview and his tweet after visiting the writers, he said that season 7 had been laid out in detail for him. So I’m curious if he’s still going to go the “I’m in jail forever, don’t know anything” route.

That scene gave me whiplash. First I was annoyed with Dig about it never being about the suit. You very much made it about the suit, man, even if the writers tried to backtrack that in a pisspoor way. Then, he became Dig like so, yay. But then we have Oliver apologizing for the millionth time and Dig can’t even say, Yeah, sorry for being a buttinsky. I guess it was my time to catch. Afterwards it’s Anatoly, so yay for that and Felicity wtaching her two dolts lovingly. But also, everyone is there with their masks off surrounded by the FBI. One, what the hell? Two, so Oliver made a deal for everyone? RENE! God, I’m back to hoping he falls off another bridge in the finale with no one there to catch him this time.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

From KC's recent interview, it doesnt sound like Quentin will be dying.... And she'll be living with Caity again (dun dun dun!). 

.....Wasn’t Candice living with Caity? That’s very interesting.

Edited by Starfish35

I would think it would be indicative if Katie said she had a new apartment. Crashing at Caitys would be a more ideal option for someone not working long term or often then someone who is. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

.....Wasn’t Candice living with Caity? That’s very interesting.

Mhmm. Though who knows, maybe it'll be a 3some.

2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I would think it would be indicative if Katie said she had a new apartment. Crashing at Caitys would be a more ideal option for someone not working long term or often then someone who is. 

That's totally true but as stated above Caity/Candice live together and they are full time on their respective shows. Though I dont expect KC to be much different from what she was this season.