Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Damnit. I really would have preferred the reveal be in 6.23

At least this way being revealed next season allows at least semi peaceful hiatus. If it was revealed in the finale you can bet certain elements would devote their summer vacay to being hateful to Olicity fans. 

By the way  this tweets framed it doesn't sound like Sirens a regular. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

At least this way being revealed next season allows at least semi peaceful hiatus. If it was revealed in the finale you can bet certain elements would devote their summer vacay to being hateful to Olicity fans. 

I'm not really looking forward to a summer of "Olicity fans are lying/David is just trolling Olicity fans". It's already started in some parts.

Plus, it just makes more sense to me to reveal it in 6.23, unless they're going to have Felicity show up in the premier with a baby belly.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

By the way  this tweets framed it doesn't sound like Sirens a regular. 

A little thing like that wouldn't stop them. Yeah the way it's framed doesn't sound like BS is a regular but I think she probably will be, although maybe like a 13 ep regular again, not the full season. 

Plus, it just makes more sense to me to reveal it in 6.23, unless they're going to have Felicity show up in the premier with a baby belly.

If it was something that MG was against it is possible this is the route they go since he would no longer have control. 

If it is next year I will laugh a lot if Iris gives birth in the crossover (and can't really be involved in the action because she is so pregnant) but the crossover ends with Felicity telling Oliver she is pregnant.    

They could do what they did with Cecile on the Flash and have it revealed early in 7a, fudge the time a bit, and to have the baby in the season finale, although I would have thought that that would be a lot of extra work for continuity for a main character, but idk anymore. Now I'm just wondering how good the goodbye scene must be between Oliver and Felicity is since EBR seems really invested in it yet evidently it doesn't have that reveal.

I'm not really looking forward to a summer of "Olicity fans are lying/David is just trolling Olicity fans". It's already started in some parts.

Lol, because he definitely trolled about them getting back together towards the end of s5 and them getting married in the crossover.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

See Id rather that because it makes it all the more funnier when it turns out that they are wrong and Olicity fans are right.

I had to laugh when I saw tweets "Why would David spoil that? They would never let that get out!" Ummm David spoils EVERYTHING. Have you met him peeps? Him and Stephen were spoiling the wedding all hiatus long and that was probably something  they wouldn't want out.

Stephens being tight lipped now but I don't see that lasting. I think he'll start hinting at the baby/pregnancy storyline at some point.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Stephens being tight lipped now but I don't see that lasting. I think he'll start hinting at the baby/pregnancy storyline at some point.

I'm betting on SDCC after they've started filming again. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

SA needs to stop trying to be pissed about Entertainment websites spoiling things when DR does the major damage lol.

SA told a fan to go to David when they asked for spoilers yesterday. I don't think he really care when they spoil stuff vs paps/media.

• Love 1
Just now, JJ928 said:

SA told a fan to go to David when they asked for spoilers yesterday. I don't think he really care when they spoil stuff vs paps/media.

Either way, he needs to get over it when the media does it.

Has Stephen even gotten angry at the media for spoiling things? 

And if he has maybe it's about the content of what they are spoiling not the fact that they spoiled something. 

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Oh, and he did confirm Felicity being pregnant. ?

Way to bury the lede. :D

1 hour ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Or - maybe that is why Roy is coming back - to be a manny!  

I didn't even know I wanted that, but yes, please.

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

It could maybe work like that. The audience doesn't hear Felicity tell him in the finale, but instead she whispers it in his ear and we get SA reacting to something we don't know. I will say, if the scene that meant a lot to EBR ties into a pregnancy plot, she's come around on this storyline in the past few years.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Way to bury the lede. :D

I didn't even know I wanted that, but yes, please.

It could maybe work like that. The audience doesn't hear Felicity tell him in the finale, but instead she whispers it in his ear and we get SA reacting to something we don't know. I will say, if the scene that meant a lot to EBR ties into a pregnancy plot, she's come around on this storyline in the past few years.

Or we get the shock baby bump reveal in the premiere opening. 

My gut says that the shows not going to pass up the opportunity to have Felicity go through labor on the show so I'm guessing timing wise they will figure out a way to have the math work out. 

2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Or we get the shock baby bump reveal in the premiere opening. 

Oh, I meant that coupled with a baby bump in the premiere. That way they get Oliver learning about the pregnancy in the finale, but the audience being sure of that in the premiere.

I think they’ll do the tv thing where she tells him in this episode but delivers a year from now. I’d love it if they followed actual time but shows love to do deliveries during May Sweeps so they may not be able to stop themselves. 

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

Has Stephen even gotten angry at the media for spoiling things? 

And if he has maybe it's about the content of what they are spoiling not the fact that they spoiled something. 

Well, he doesn't seem pleased.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Belinea said:

He seems to hate spoilers in trailers and printed by trades but less so one on one and I think twists like deaths are what he really hates being spoiled, not general plot lines.  And while I find a pregnancy a big spoiler, I can see where he or David would kind of shrug since it will play out for many months.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Or - maybe that is why Roy is coming back - to be a manny!  

I didn't even realize how much I wanted that until you said it. Roy would be adorable with a baby and imagine all the juvenile delinquent skills he could teach William. Oliver would develop an ulcer, LOL.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I will say, if the scene that meant a lot to EBR ties into a pregnancy plot, she's come around on this storyline in the past few years.

Yeah, I remember a pre-S4 interview where she said she hoped Felicity wasn't pregnant because she didn't want to work with an infant. But a lot can change in 3 years, so who knows.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, I remember a pre-S4 interview where she said she hoped Felicity wasn't pregnant because she didn't want to work with an infant. But a lot can change in 3 years, so who knows.

She may not have to if season seven is the last season.  Not saying it will be the last, but it is not impossible - which would limit her having to work with a baby too much, if at all really.  

I'm really, really happy for DR - he seems like such a good guy and team player - I hope the episode he gets is a good one.  Now if he can just get some parents next year!

7 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I didn't even realize how much I wanted that until you said it. Roy would be adorable with a baby and imagine all the juvenile delinquent skills he could teach William. Oliver would develop an ulcer, LOL.

I was mostly kidding at the time - but it does have possibilities.  If the baby is a late season thing, I would also accept that Oliver calls him back to play a bodyguard of sorts to pregnant Felicity (without telling her - except she is too smart and knows, but lets it go since it is Roy and she knows she can minpulate him anyway).  

I need Roy back early in the season - without him I am going to hate more people than I like on this show (non-regulars like William and Raisa not included).  

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I want him to bring Emily next time (she’s doing a play so isn’t available though I know she doesn’t do many smaller cons anyway). 

Did he give you any idea what/where the play is?  I hope she still makes it to the con she is supposed to be at in London.  I'm not going but have seen a lot of people who are excited to see her. 

54 minutes ago, Belinea said:

One tweet doesn't equal Stephen hates the media/hates media spoiling things. And that tweet basically seems to be objecting to the content of what they spoiled rather then an objection to spoilers/media in general. 

Some things he's might feel more chill about getting out then things that could undermine the episode/season.  

(edited)

That alarm was perfectly timed...

Fan: "If Felicity was pregnant, how would that change the dynamic of the show?”
KL: "Well one member of Team Arrow would have to stay home and babysit all the time for sure."
JH: "They'd have to curse a lot less. I mean, you know, we'd have to get our stuff together, be a little more child-friendly, like round off the edges on all the tables and stuff. Child-proof the bunker."
KC: *(crickets)*
JS: "Look, I'm not on the show, so I'll tell you the truth. The rumors are true. The baby is going to be named Baby Prometheus."
DR: "What would have to happen different? I don't know, you know. I mean, that's - it'll be great if it happened. But I don't know what would have to happen differently. I don't know. That's a great question."
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I'm really, really happy for DR - he seems like such a good guy and team player - I hope the episode he gets is a good one.  Now if he can just get some parents next year!

Based on previous Episode 11s, I'm nervous. I really liked 611, because an Oliver/Felicity/William storyline will always be right up my alley. 411 is one of my absolute favorites. But every other Episode 11 has been varying levels of "meh" to "garbage" for me. Nevertheless, I'm really excited for David, and I think he'll be a great director, regardless of the story.

The funniest part of that moment was that the alarm+announcement was the one that comes AFTER the situation is resolved.  We had one on Saturday as well, and the Music City Center is set up so that the first alarm goes off, the lights go off (plenty of windows so we still had light generally), and the automated message reveals that there's a situation of some kind.  Then, when it's over, the alarm+announcement that you hear in the video comes on to make it clear things are fine.  On Saturday we all cheered at the second one.  Today it went off without the first one going off so we were all confused and then Ramsey had fun with the timing. 

Oh, and when it went off yesterday, exactly no one moved to the exits.  We all kind of looked at each other and then continued to do what we were doing.  I think someone opened an emergency exit or leaned on a switch but it was amusing that none of us intended to do anything else.  That's when I was at Robin Lord Taylor's booth and even he was all "I'm sure things are fine, let's keep going". 

• Love 1

That has to be from Ramsey's booth (or possibly Amell's, not sure who the He is) because the really good spoilers come away from the panel and that wasn't mentioned at the panel.  Good scoop though! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Omg guys!!!!! We're going to have a baby!!!!! *squeals*

If it's not being revealed in 623 are we going to get Oliver's reaction????? What if we don't *freaks out*

@scarynikki12 you are the BESTEST and thanks for the tid bit that Emily is doing a play. That gave me a thrill as well!!!!!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, lemotomato said:

hehe I'm waiting for "The baby isn't real/isn't Oliver's/maybe it's BS's baby" 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Two seasons ago. So Felicity gets pregnant in season 4. That would have made the William lie and the break up even more difficult/hard. 

• Love 1

Yay for David getting to direct! 

As for the baby spoiler, I'll be honest that I'm very against kids on these superhero shows. However, they have handled William well, in terms of him not being onscreen that much, and I guess Baby Smoak-Queen will be off with Raisa for most of it. If Felicity's role doesn't become primarily Mother, then I might be able to tolerate it. I just wish it was happening during the final confirmed season (I can't imagine The CW cancelling this show without warning; I feel the same way about Supernatural and The Flash. Every other show is more fair game). 

I guess I'd rather have Felicity's company be a primary focus and her getting to be a businesswoman before getting pregnant. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Two seasons ago. So Felicity gets pregnant in season 4. That would have made the William lie and the break up even more difficult/hard. 

I bet that, and Laurel's death, are why they scrapped it.  Too much emotional trauma and in a really bad way.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I bet that, and Laurel's death, are why they scrapped it.  Too much emotional trauma and in a really bad way.

Yeah plus Felicity being wheel chair bound. I can't see where a baby would fit.

8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yay for David getting to direct! 

As for the baby spoiler, I'll be honest that I'm very against kids on these superhero shows. However, they have handled William well, in terms of him not being onscreen that much, and I guess Baby Smoak-Queen will be off with Raisa for most of it. If Felicity's role doesn't become primarily Mother, then I might be able to tolerate it. I just wish it was happening during the final confirmed season (I can't imagine The CW cancellation this show without warning; I feel the same way about Supernatural and The Flash. Every other show is more fair game). 

I guess I'd rather have Felicity's company be a primary focus and her getting to be a businesswoman before getting pregnant. 

I'm going to guess they'll go the Bones route when they brought kids into the show. Bones and Booth would have one baby/family moment to open or close the episode. 

Some people suspect the big upfront announcement Stephen was hinting at is that it's Arrows final season. I'm not sure that's it though.  But I think the fact that they are doing this now suggest they know the show is coming to an end point. They've maybe got an 8th or 9th season left in them. 

Technically Felicity already has her company even though it's in its starting stages, but hopefully they'll be able to still show the company growing as well. 

I honestly can't think of any big announcement that Amell could make besides it being the final season if it's Arrow specific.  If it's network specific, then I can see them picking him to announce whatever it is since Arrow was the show that paved the way for the rest of the comic shows and he's the face. 

Watch the announcement be something that turns out not to be a big deal, but has the network all excited, and we all feel let down.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I would like the big announcement to be that Arrow is moving back to Wednesday. 

I hated the move at first, but this year it kept me from hatewatching Scandal and for that I am grateful. Since that won't be an issue anymore, feel free to move again show. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

YSome people suspect the big upfront announcement Stephen was hinting at is that it's Arrows final season. I'm not sure that's it though.  

One of the tweets I saw yesterday described it as a "fun" announcement. I wish I remember which one, but I've read so many HVFF tweets that they've all blended together at this point. If I can go back and find it, I'll post it.

• Love 2

Comicbook.com posted a clip and he says he gets to make a really fun announcement. While I am good with Arrow ending next season, I don't see how that's a fun announcement. But moving back to Weds, crossover info, or someone joining/returning to the show, could fit that description. My gut tells me it's something dumb that we're all gonna roll our eyes over lol.

here's the clip http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/13/arrow-season-7-arrowverse-upfronts-stephen-amell-the-cw/

• Love 6
Just now, KenyaJ said:

One of the tweets I saw yesterday described it as a "fun" announcement. I wish I remember which one, but I've read so many HVFF tweets that they've all blended together at this point. If I can go back and find it, I'll post it.

I thought I 'd seen that too. And while I don't necessarily think it being the final season would be a bad thing I also can't see describing it as fun.

I thought that the announcement could be schedule-related, since the network schedule is coming out this week.

Or, yeah, maybe it is something lame. 

If the announcement is Stephen becoming a producer, however, that would certainly be a fun announcement. 

• Love 5

Ok, so not a final season announcement.  Hmmmm...now we need to think of something Amell would find fun, remembering that his definition sometimes differs from ours, and then we might solve this riddle.

Alternatively, we could just sit back and calmly wait until Thursday morning...

roseten.gif

• Love 5