Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Do other spoilers that confirm this reddit info?

I feel kinda bad for y'all. Are they really going to bring in a Flash character from another dimension, and give her a redemption arc? On the other hand, this might finally be the thing that tops Penicillin Tea for dumbest character resurrection!

• Love 2

To be honest, it sounds stupid and like a mess. Therefore I am inclined to believe it's true. 

Also maybe the first half of the season will once again be superior to the second half. Which is a dreadful thought.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Well, if Tina is a meta human with a power that's like tech used by a Canary in the past and if she's the new BC, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to have her take on a Canary identity even though she didn't know the Lances, I guess. So very convenient. 

But if she is a meta, gotta love the "back to basics" with one team member having magical rags and another being a meta. 

The spoiler said it was the same effect as Sirens so it either has to be Siren or Tina is a meta.

If Tina's a meta - her fighting people hand-to-hand in alleyways seems pretty stupid when she could incapacitate them with a single scream. And the vigilante-hating thing seems weird if she's off sonic screaming people for just hitting on her at a bar. I guess that could've been just a completely bogus character description to throw people off though, which seems like a weird thing to do. But it's this show, so any level of stupidity goes, I guess. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

If Tina's a meta - her fighting people hand-to-hand in alleyways seems pretty stupid when she could incapacitate them with a single scream. And the vigilante-hating thing seems weird if she's off sonic screaming people for just hitting on her at a bar. I guess that could've been just a completely bogus character description to throw people off though, which seems like a weird thing to do. But it's this show, so any level of stupidity goes, I guess. 

I don't disagree, but comics BC is one of the best ever at hand-to-hand despite having the scream.

Maybe she just does it for the exercise. 

Re the vigilante thing, that's easily massaged...e.g., Oliver in 2A was ready to take down the "woman in black." His line was something like "I don't want someone dangerous out there. [Look from Felicity.] Someone ELSE dangerous." 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

-i dont remember them putting up a front in character description once they cast the actor. 

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/juliana-harkavy-arrow-cast-walking-dead-1201906144/

Harkavy will have a recurring role as Tina Boland, a detective formerly of Central City. Boland is brash yet tactful, tough, speaks her mind, and is not the easiest person to impress. She also has a problem with vigilantes like Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) and his new team of recruits: Wild Dog (Rick Gonzalez), Artemis (Madison McLaughlin), Curtis Holt (Echo Kellum), and Ragman (Joe Dinicol). Harkavy’s character will join in the back half of the season.

• Love 2

For all of the drama/discussion/questioning this Tina character has stirred up/potentially will stir up without even showing up yet as a character who's recurring with a potential to be a regular next year, I hope she's the best character in the entire series because I think she'll have to do some catching up to do if all of the rumors/sides/summaries end up being true.

I actually believe that the sides might not be completely accurate but they sure were written to test all the aspects the character needs to bring with her. Including being a love interest to the GA. I doubt they'd use that character as a love interest on just anyone. However if they look for her in 5x11 and she possibly comes onboard in 5x12, then maybe 5x13 isn't too soon for a hook-up but it is too soon for the viewers to be on the edge of their seat waiting for them to get it on. 

Also the people on reddit aren't happy with this development at all. The poor Arrow folks should shut down their social media if this doesn't go the way they planed because they'll get unfriendly tweets from all sides. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Also the people on reddit aren't happy with this development at all. The poor Arrow folks should shut down their social media if this doesn't go the way they planed because they'll get unfriendly tweets from all sides. 

That is the only thing about the show I'm looking forward to.

• Love 10

The thing I'm holding onto is that the sides were probably written to determine the actresses range - can she be tough and vulnerable? Does she have charisma? Is she capable of chemistry?

But a chemistry test would have been indicative that she was a love interest and as far as I know the actresses weren't chem tested with Stephen.

Plus if she was going to be the big Black Canary love interest to end all love interests with Green Arrow I feel they would have brought in somebody with name recognition, especially since they'd be asking the audience to  accept a new romance five seasons in and after 4 seasons of an already established and popular romance. That's a lot to ask of a no name actress. 

But regardless poor Tina/Juiliana I mean she pretty much already hated on before even appearing on screen- I'm sick of hearing about her. I'd be very surprised if she ends the season with any kind of following. So far audience reception to any of the noobs has been lukewarm at best. 

• Love 6

I find that spoiler write up confusing in a lot of ways, mostly in that I don't get how things get to point B from point A, but where is the party at the loft thing coming from?

Also, if the flashback bits are true, I have apparently completely forgot where they left off. Nit that surprising since they were last used in 507. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I find that spoiler write up confusing in a lot of ways, mostly in that I don't get how things get to point B from point A, but where is the party at the loft thing coming from?

Yeah, I wonder if it's a full-on party party like Oliver threw for Sara, or if it's a get together to talk to "Laurel" in a more relaxed environment with friends like the loft scene with the Flash and Arrow gang in the S4 crossover. Throwing a she's-back-from-the-dead party is problematic plot-wise given that Felicity is obviously still skeptical of her being the real Laurel (given that she takes DNA from her glass - so it doesn't make sense that she'd go along with outing her as real to the general public), and this Laurel doesn't seem to be sticking around, so...sorry, party guests! False alarm! 

Then again, this show is this show, so...

• Love 1

Wow that summary sounds a whole lot of mess and I do think a lot of it will happen and some he might've embellished. I mean they could've given KC two episode arc but they've decided to fit all this in one episode, were they that desperate to get rid of her that fast.

I never guessed that Tina would be a meta, how does a meta belong on this team though. Yes she can be a meta and a skilled fighter, that's what BC was in a way once she got the sonic scream but this doesn't fit well with the back to basics crap they've fed us alll year. I think Back to Basics meant lack of Olicity or any real character development which was season 1.

Like I understand these writers dont give a shit about the fans but this is literally the biggest FU a show that I watch has ever done. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

Bc that's the second-biggest thing LL fans wanted for her, and you didn't realize Guggie & Co. would be THAT cruel to her fans.

LOL.  :)  Well, the tease that Laurel might still be aIive is pretty cruel.  I think it's more that I just never thought they were interested in having a metahuman BC on the team.  But it looks like they've decided, if they have to redo BC, for whatever reasons, they're going to go all the damn way with it. (Except for the name.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Nobody knows when it was filmed because it was posted to promote a new episode on Wednesday. 

That's true. I just took it as a pic she abruptly took to promote last minute, not an old pic randomly brought up to promote. Still it can only be from 510-512 since they've never been together on that set before and that's where they were on the shooting schedule.

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

yeah it could be a pick up. why are these three at the party? Curtis wasn't even at her funeral.

Idk, because Lance and Thea couldn't be? Still wondering where they are in 510, but I guess the reddit person didn't think it relevant to mention them or they really just aren't in it?

• Love 1

Going way off topic, does anyone else CP was the wrong actress for Reporter?

I feel like when she gets revealed as a snake it's going to be like 'yeah, cause she's a snake.' I was thinking about that during the last episode, maybe Oliver wouldn't look so stupid if she didn't come across as so obvious. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

yeah it could be a pick up. why are these three at the party? Curtis wasn't even at her funeral.

Because this is the team now so of course they're there? What does it matter if they knew Laurel or not? (No, really, of everything, this is the last thing I need explained this season that doesn't make sense.) And EK wasn't a series regular for the funeral episode. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Wow that summary sounds a whole lot of mess and I do think a lot of it will happen and some he might've embellished. I mean they could've given KC two episode arc but they've decided to fit all this in one episode, were they that desperate to get rid of her that fast.

I never guessed that Tina would be a meta, how does a meta belong on this team though. Yes she can be a meta and a skilled fighter, that's what BC was in a way once she got the sonic scream but this doesn't fit well with the back to basics crap they've fed us alll year. I think Back to Basics meant lack of Olicity or any real character development which was season 1.

Like I understand these writers dont give a shit about the fans but this is literally the biggest FU a show that I watch has ever done. 

I started reading the summary completely skeptical but damn, that really sound just like how MG would do the episode and it was long enough and convoluted enough with just enough WTF in it to make me lean toward believing it's true (or the poster's interpretation of what is true)  

As for Tina having the canary cry, I've been assuming that of course she'll have the power.  She's supposed to be the improved bestest version evah!  

I've also been assuming that none of this will really make any sense.  I'm looking forward to the out cry from everyone.  

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I started reading the summary completely skeptical but damn, that really sound just like how MG would do the episode and it was long enough and convoluted enough with just enough WTF in it to make me lean toward believing it's true (or the poster's interpretation of what is true)  

It's also strange since he doesn't even have writing credits on this one. BFS does (and I actually like him/most of his episodes), which is slightly throwing me off for how awkward the summary sounds.

Last week, I wanted to post speculation about how Black Siren would get a redemption arc, but I thought it would be too stupid. For that reason alone, I should have assumed it was right. Of course I also thought it was possible that they would send Black Siren back to earth two to be the Black Canary there, thus fulfilling Oliver's deathbed promise to Laurel, but if this new metahuman with the scream is Tina, I guess that Tina's the new BC.  I wonder how this is going to play with Black Canary fans?  Sara was the perfect Black Canary, in her way, but people objected because she didn't have the right name.  Are people going to accept Tina if she has the scream even if she doesn't have the right name?

And honestly, throwing a party in the loft while Felicity is trying to pian Mayo's funeral would be enough to turn anyone dark.  I can just see Felicity:  "The cocktail onions are on the third shelf and there's a nice gouda in the cheese drawer.  I'll be in the laundry room finalizing things with the funeral home and plotting your painful demise."

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Are people going to accept Tina if she has the scream even if she doesn't have the right name?

I doubt it, to be honest. It's why I feel somewhat confident, to Arrow standards, in saying that Laurel Lance and comic book fans are not going to be entirely pleased with being fooled AND not having LL as BC or Oliver's love interest. I don't feel like Black Siren will get that much of a redemption arc either. I re-read that Reddit summary for 5x10 and I believe that it's 100% possible, since I've finally stopped denying the ridiculousness that this show has become. I think it's possible that some of it is exaggerated or misread/misconstrued, but the general summary sounds about right from what I expect.

Seeing as KC hasn't been seen on set again since 5x10, it seems like the whole "I'm gonna find good in BS" or whatever is just another plot point that will disappear until BS shows up again. Then, she'll be awkwardly half redeemed and probably sent back to her Earth, because I don't see how she can stick around, especially now with a new BC in town.

Basically, I'm going to genuinely feel bad for JH because there's no way she gets through her initial appearances unscathed by the fans from all sides. She's going to have to work twice as hard to make her character somewhat likable because all I can see is pissed off fans. I'm willing to give this Tina a chance, but even I'm skeptical with the way her character is sounding. However I do really want a female superhero that has the potential to be a solid recurring character, so we'll see how Tina pans out.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

And honestly, throwing a party in the loft while Felicity is trying to pian Mayo's funeral would be enough to turn anyone dark.  I can just see Felicity:  "The cocktail onions are on the third shelf and there's a nice gouda in the cheese drawer.  I'll be in the laundry room finalizing things with the funeral home and plotting your painful demise."

If the spoiler is true, it seems like Felicity uses the time and access to get some of Laurel's DNA to test. So, for all we know it's done not only with her blessing, but with that particular endgame in mind (for her, at least). 

• Love 6

KC is going to be on The Flash as BS too, right? If that appearance is in The Flash's midseason premiere, then the audience should know that she's BS in Arrow 510. (However, it seems that the writers decide that fans watch all their shows only when it benefits them, like with the crossover.)

If she's in a later Flash episode, what's she going to be doing? Helping them out and then getting sent back to her Earth? Off her redemption kick, terrorizing the city and then sent back to her Earth? This just seems like it's going to be a mess, and I wouldn't be surprised if they forget she even exists on Arrow if Tina does end up being the new BC/by 513 the latest.

13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I doubt it, to be honest. It's why I feel somewhat confident, to Arrow standards, in saying that Laurel Lance and comic book fans are not going to be entirely pleased with being fooled AND not having LL as BC or Oliver's love interest. I don't feel like Black Siren will get that much of a redemption arc either. I re-read that Reddit summary for 5x10 and I believe that it's 100% possible, since I've finally stopped denying the ridiculousness that this show has become. I think it's possible that some of it is exaggerated or misread/misconstrued, but the general summary sounds about right from what I expect.

Seeing as KC hasn't been seen on set again since 5x10, it seems like the whole "I'm gonna find good in BS" or whatever is just another plot point that will disappear until BS shows up again. Then, she'll be awkwardly half redeemed and probably sent back to her Earth, because I don't see how she can stick around, especially now with a new BC in town.

Basically, I'm going to genuinely feel bad for JH because there's no way she gets through her initial appearances unscathed by the fans from all sides. She's going to have to work twice as hard to make her character somewhat likable because all I can see is pissed off fans. I'm willing to give this Tina a chance, but even I'm skeptical with the way her character is sounding. However I do really want a female superhero that has the potential to be a solid recurring character, so we'll see how Tina pans out.  

Yeah if it does go down like this, I will feel sorry for those fans who really want LL back as BC part of BC/GA, especially those that seem to have taken it for granted that LL/KC was back on a fulltime or very regular basis. It's kind of the worst of both worlds. LL isn't back and there's a new non DLL as BC (which was apparently so uber important that it justified SL being booted off the show. And yes it seems like JH will have a rough time of it, especially if anything remotely similar to this storyline plays out actually does happen.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If she's in a later Flash episode, what's she going to be doing? Helping them out and then getting sent back to her Earth? Off her redemption kick, terrorizing the city and then sent back to her Earth? This just seems like it's going to be a mess, and I wouldn't be surprised if they forget she even exists on Arrow if Tina does end up being the new BC/by 513 the latest.

This is the tricky part, isn't it, lol.  I suppose they can drop her off in a different time period as well if they want.  

It wouldnt make sense for her to show up on The Flash 3x10 unless its a flashback since she showed up in Arrow 5x09 unless they want us to believe that The Flash is like a week behind in the timeline. 

If they actually care about developing BS, it would make perfect sense for her to want to stay on E1 and just start over completely given how much destruction she's caused to E2 and probably not having any family there.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If she's in a later Flash episode, what's she going to be doing? Helping them out and then getting sent back to her Earth? Off her redemption kick, terrorizing the city and then sent back to her Earth? 

I suppose they could have her escape custody on her way back to Central City. It seems likely that she does show up on The Flash at some point (3x11, maybe?) since Central City is such a random place to ship her off to for ARGUS custody considering the head of ARGUS lives in Star City.

12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It wouldnt make sense for her to show up on The Flash 3x10 unless its a flashback since she showed up in Arrow 5x09 unless they want us to believe that The Flash is like a week behind in the timeline. 

If they actually care about developing BS, it would make perfect sense for her to want to stay on E1 and just start over completely given how much destruction she's caused to E2 and probably not having any family there.

same people who had Barry still have his speed during LL's funeral but on Flash he still didn't have his speed. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

same people who had Barry still have his speed during LL's funeral but on Flash he still didn't have his speed. 

Lol true. BUT these were written way more close then the funeral was. They know where this lined up since they the stories were broken around the same time I would think.

I'm on the side of believing that write-up is pretty much the real thing.  (I don't like how BS is ready to kill Felicity though. Stop damseling Felicity or making her an airhead,, show.  Also not happy about Oliver saying she's a miracle and getting possessive when Rory tries to hit on "Laurel".  (" Rory tries to make a move on her to the irritation of Oliver. They remind him that she's not our Laurel and he shouldn't play himself. ")   I thought Lauriver was over, it's not nice to taunt the Lauriver fans.

I'm surprised that they're going to do a redemption arc with BS when they're going to have Tina be a new Black Canary. Do they want to have BS in reserve?  It seems like wanting to have their cake and eat it too.  Make up your mind, you either don't want Laurel as BC or you do.

The only person in that picture that EBR posted who knew Laurel was Curtis and he barely knew her.  Rene and Rory were recruited because she died.

9 hours ago, ComicFan777 said:

If Oliver is the one throwing the welcome back party for Laurel while Felicity is planning Mayo's funeral, I think it's more than weird - it's really insensitive of Oliver considering he killed Mayo.  I don't get this writing choice.

This is the man who went to bang rayporter to make himself feel better for killing Felicity's boyfriend when she was left to cry alone.  It's typical of how they've been writing Oliver this season.

How can there be a party anyway?  The only people left who knew Laurel are Oliver, Felicity, Thea, Diggle who is in jail and Quentin who's in rehab.  Just call Thea over and be done.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Lol true. BUT these were written way more close then the funeral was. They know where this lined up since they the stories were broken around the same time I would think.

LOL sort of like how oliver forgot about Roy in season 3 and how that mess when Ray and Felicity visited CC and it didn't line up with the Arrow episode that aired after it.

Edited by Cleanqueen
30 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

KC is going to be on The Flash as BS too, right? If that appearance is in The Flash's midseason premiere, then the audience should know that she's BS in Arrow 510. (However, it seems that the writers decide that fans watch all their shows only when it benefits them, like with the crossover.)

Per KC at a con she's on Flash as BS. At this point it seems 311 is the most likely episode. So she probably escapes Argus either at the end of Arrow or start of Flash.