Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I hope they do I really liked the webisode. And I think it will bring another interesting dynamic to the show.The arrow cave is going to interesting. I'm excited. I just hope they remember i need to see some stuff with just the original 3.

Edited by icandigit
  • Love 1

Hmm based on that...I mean it could be taken either way. But I'm more inclined to think that the "everyone" here is not Team Arrow. There was something somewhere said (and I can't put my finger on where I saw it) about a new List in season three, and I'll bet this is about Oliver and Laurel working together and making a list of people to take down, using her legal connections and his Arrow resources. That would also tie in to the "business partners" comment from the trailer.

I mean, yes, it still could mean the other. But I have to believe the writers are not actually that stupid, as much as I have disagreed with some if their past choices. They have to know that if they sic Laurel on Felicity or Diggle there would be hell to pay from the fandom. I just can't believe they'd actually go there.

I agree with you. I would think the creators want more people to like Laurel not less lol. 

I'm thinking he means that he and Felicity are trying to one up each other to be important to Oliver? Like Kristen Wigg and Rose Bryne were doing in Bridesmaids.

That could be fun to watch.   Maybe because I like them both, and there would be no sexual stuff involved. I'd like to see it played for laughs, no more than one episode.

Didn't the EPs say at the end of S2 that once she was in the know about Oliver she was going to look at everyone and everything differently?  Maybe she is trying to figure out why these people are doing what they are doing by investigating their pasts?  She may feel like she knows why Oliver is doing what he is doing but why are they?  Can they be trusted?  My guess is she stumbles upon the skeleton(s) in Roy's closet that cause problems with or for Oliver.

Totally consistent with her character but jeez ... do they want us to hate her?

Yup. It's also Oliver being a controlling idiot that makes him wanna bench Diggle. It's Oliver feeling entitled to make decisions for other people. What makes it interesting, and highly watchable for me is that it comes from a good place. Oliver wants to protect Dig and Felicity from being physically and emotionally hurt, respectively. He's just going about it in a way that makes him a bit of an asshole. And I'm fine with that -- he's gonna have the entire season to figure that out.

Yep, Oliver is a controlling idiot and it's made him do lots of mistakes in the past.  But it is coming from a place of caring for them.

I bet Diggle knows that, which is why he's going to fight Oliver on benching him.  If they are going to sell Olicity, Felicity has to know it too.  If she loves him (and I think she does), she has to know him well enough that his biggest fights are with his own demons.  If she gets that he loves her, why would she start dating someone else while he's still in the middle of the fight?  It's not love if she sees he's not emotionally ready for a relationship and moves on to find someone who is.

ETA: Did anyone post this yet? The Emergency Awesome guys breakdown of the trailer for Arrow. He thinks or knows? that when Laurel says, "Did you ever think we would be business partners" it is because she helps Oliver get the funds to try to buy back QC.  It also goes into where some of this could go based on his comic book knowledge.

I listen to his stuff but his track record I find he gets stuff wrong a lot.  He's always minimized the role of Felicity and thought Laurel was the LI.  When Laurel says they're business partners, it's more likely that it will be the "you catch them, I cook them" rather than money for him to buy QC.  It's doubtful that Ray Palmer is going to be Oliver's boss because Oliver doesn't own the company and why would he work there otherwise?

I don't think Maseo in Hong Kong is going to be Oliver's Diggle before Diggle, I think he's going to be a trainer another Yao Fe.

How does he know that Ray Palmer will turn into the Atom during the season? Or be so sure that Oliver and Felicity will be in a relationship after the crossover episodes in 8 since Brandon Routh has been contracted for 14 eps.   How can they give the Connor Hawke story to Diggle because 1) his baby is still a baby and 2) his baby is a girl (I think).  And we've had teases that Oliver's child will be  addressed during this season.

I don't think, although I could be wrong, that Sara telling Oliver that they are not their masks is from last season, I think in that scene she was talking about letting in light.  Then he says he thinks John Barrowman will be in the first episode but Barrowman said at SDCC he's just getting his scripts now and they're shooting ep 2., and he thinks Ra's will be there because of Waller, not Sara and Nyssa.  So while it's interesting what he says, I'd take it with a healthy dose of salt.

• Love 3

That said it does seem a little cheap (plotwise) to have everyone ganging up on her and making her the Scrappy Doo.  Mind you Scrappy Doo never went evil

You haven't seen the live action film then. Scrappy was evil and behind *everything*. I rather like that as Laurel's ultimate storyline actually.

(edited)

I mean, yes, it still could mean the other. But I have to believe the writers are not actually that stupid, as much as I have disagreed with some if their past choices. They have to know that if they sic Laurel on Felicity or Diggle there would be hell to pay from the fandom. I just can't believe they'd actually go there.

Maybe they are going for a villain arc with Laurel, which I think would be right in Cassidy's wheelhouse of acting talent and might actually make people like her more or at least fun to hate.

ETA: vs hating her now because she's all over the place and annoying.  IMO

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

Then he says he thinks John Barrowman will be in the first episode but Barrowman said at SDCC he's just getting his scripts now and they're shooting ep 2., and he thinks Ra's will be there because of Waller, not Sara and Nyssa.  So while it's interesting what he says, I'd take it with a healthy dose of salt.

Actually I'm starting to think John Barrowman might be in the 1st episode. I was watching an interview with Willa Holland and she said that John Barrowman was busy with another project until now so they hadn't filmed any of their scenes yet she had already read the scripts and I assume all of her scenes in the beginning would be with John Barrowman. So maybe they just haven't filmed their scenes yet but they will show up in the first episode? 

Edited by ban1o
(edited)

The Emergency Awesome guy goes by what he's seen online, he's barely ever right. 

Laurel doesn't have enough money to help Oliver get back his company. It's pretty obvious the "business" partners means he catches the criminals while she prosecutes them. Although Sara might have enough money depending on how well the League pays for assassinations. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

For some reason, I never thought about the LoA actually paying the assassins. I always imagined it was Kill or Be Killed and then they might give you food, clothing and shelter.  Until you advanced by number of kills. 

• Love 1
(edited)
Colton Haynes saying Roy and Felicity's scenes "it's like that scene on bridesmaids"

As long as it's not a call back to the scene in Bridesmaids where everyone had explosive diarrhea.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

As long as it's not a call back to the scene in Bridesmaids where everyone had explosive diarrhea.

I would just die of laughter if that happened. Imagine Felicity saying "It's coming out of me like lava."

• Love 2

I don't think, although I could be wrong, that Sara telling Oliver that they are not their masks is from last season, I think in that scene she was talking about letting in light.  

Unless it was a deleted scene, that line is absolutely not from season 2.

The diarrhea scene I think is the one that most people think of when they reference Bridesmaids.  What could CH actually be talking about?  Maybe he's naming the wrong movie.  Maybe he meant Princess Bride.  Don't know what that would mean either but think of all the great quotes!

• Love 1

Thank you Statsgirl and Sakura12 I was searching for comic con interviews but I had never heard of that person. I was trying to figure out if he got an excellent interview or it was something to do with comics.  You guys cleared that up. I appreciate it!

(edited)

Maybe they are going for a villain arc with Laurel, which I think would be right in Cassidy's wheelhouse of acting talent and might actually make people like her more or at least fun to hate.

Agreed, I loved her on Melrose Place where she was the perfect mix of rootable vixen and bad bitch. Nobel good girl doesn't suit her, whinye drunk doesn't suit her, but a vindictive antagonist does. I actually do think she would have made a great Sara (dark tragic killer), even if she's not the most convincing BC in terms of physical type. I had no idea the comics had an evil White Canary but she could absolutely rock that.

How does he know that Ray Palmer will turn into the Atom during the season? Or be so sure that Oliver and Felicity will be in a relationship after the crossover episodes in 8 since Brandon Routh has been contracted for 14 eps.

I'm not sure about CH track record, and I don't read the comics, or any comics, but I was under the impression this Ray Palmer/The Atom character plays a bigger role in the larger DC mythos, above and beyond any romantic entanglement he has with Felicity this year or not. I assumed Ray shows up to stick it to Oliver in terms of QC, has the opportunity to move in romantically on a woman his rival clearly wants/values, and eventually if he becomes The Atom, is a rival/frienemy in the Hero Games. I kind of like the idea that he and Felicity are sort of mutually using one another Felicity to avoid Oliver, and Ray to wind him up, with a little legitimate physical and intellectual attraction happening as a side effect. I would also hope he factors into anything that happens with Ra as Ghul in the latter half of the season, especially if he's attained superpowers. Poor Ollie, his super power is being best at Abs, Arrows, and Avoiding real feelings.

Edited by blixie
(edited)

@blixie He/She wasn't talking about CH but the person who runs the Emergency Awesome youtube page. He breaks down trailers and tries to provide info about what will happen in the third season. And yeah Ray Palmer is an important character and i think he will factor into what happens with Ra as Ghul and help Oliver with fighting him. I'm interested in seeing how they will portray his superpowers. 

Edited by ban1o

For some reason, I never thought about the LoA actually paying the assassins. I always imagined it was Kill or Be Killed and then they might give you food, clothing and shelter.  Until you advanced by number of kills. 

The DC Wiki says they work for hire. I assumed that meant they got paid to kill, but I suppose Ra's could just take the money and send them after people.

If Laurel is meddling in bad guy's business, that doesn't really make sense either because Team Arrow already has a hacker who could pretty much find out anything with a few clicks of the keyboard.

It doesn't, but that I could actually buy them doing, unfortunately. Remember in Blind Spot Felicity's hacking expertise was defeated by a security guard. I'm sure they'll find some reason why Laurel is now a super investigator who has access to things Felicity doesn't. Not saying it makes sense (much like most of Blind Spot didn't make sense) but it's something I could actually see them doing, whereas setting Laurel deliberately against Team Arrow is not.

(edited)

I know Ray Palmer becomes the Atom in the comics, but given that Arrow say they were going to stay away from super powers, would they really have him become the Atom on this show?  I can see him interested in the Applied Sciences division doing something that is a start to his powers but I'd be surprised if they shrunk him and made him a superhero on this show.

Now that I've listened to CH's interview, it does sound like Laurel will be the one to dig up the dirt from Roy's past that comes in to mess him up.  But now I'm really worried for Sin as the "something terrible" happening.

Everyone is drinking water. Gotta watch those calories.

Actually I'm starting to think John Barrowman might be in the 1st episode. I was watching an interview with Willa Holland and she said that John Barrowman was busy with another project until now so they hadn't filmed any of their scenes yet she had already read the scripts and I assume all of her scenes in the beginning would be with John Barrowman. So maybe they just haven't filmed their scenes yet but they will show up in the first episode? 

They've been teasing that someone will be missing from the early episodes and I assumed that it was Thea since Oliver thinks she's backpacking in Europe, and that Willa Holland tweeted that she had some more weeks left to put on muscle..

ETA:  It's funny that they have J.R. Ramirez on the show as Ted Grant, considering he used to be in Emily Owens with Justin Hartley.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)

Now that I've listened to CH's interview, it does sound like Laurel will be the one to dig up the dirt from Roy's past that comes in to mess him up.  But now I'm really worried for Sin as the "something terrible" happening.

I really hope Sin doesn't die. That would be terrible. I loved her! I don't think they would kill a character so early on though, even if she isn't exactly a major character.  

I know Ray Palmer becomes the Atom in the comics, but given that Arrow say they were going to stay away from super powers, would they really have him become the Atom on this show?  I can see him interested in the Applied Sciences division doing something that is a start to his powers but I'd be surprised if they shrunk him and made him a superhero on this show.

They said the whole "no superpower" thing before they decided to have Flash on the show. Considering that the Flash exists in the same universe and that show the will have a bunch of super powered people and that The Flash will appear on Arrow, I would be surprised if Ray Palmer didn't eventually get superpowers. 

Edited by ban1o
(edited)

Looking for skeletons in people's closet, especially when unwelcome and ill-timed, would unfortunately be 100% in character with the Laurel Lance I know and loathe.
I can see her as if it was on my screen right now, sucking up to "Ollie" and trying to be his bestest "partner" by debunking the others, and tattletelling with a self-righteous, smug smile.

Again, I hope that the discrepancy between "part or no part of Team Arrow" means that KC talks in the technical, wider sense (working with them/honorary member) while CH talks about the more factual (actually in the Arrowcave/actively fighting crime).

Now that I've listened to CH's interview, it does sound like Laurel will be the one to dig up the dirt from Roy's past that comes in to mess him up.

It's the first thing I thought about, too.
I also wonder if the "waves" between Felicity and Laurel could fit there, too. Laurel revealing something far from glorious about Felicity's past (her mother, for example) would be the typically bitchy thing I'd see the former do in order to "retaliate" for Oliver's interest in the latter, I mean, out of her love for truth and honesty.

I hope there won't be superpowers. Beyond my personal bias, the  "superpowering" Mirakuru already didn't work out so well...at least I'm under the impression that it wasn't well received as a plot point. So I think that genuine superpowers might not work either in the premise of this show.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

Again, I hope that the discrepancy between "part or no part of Team Arrow" means that KC talks in the technical, wider sense (working with them/honorary member) while CH talks about the more factual (actually in the Arrowcave/actively fighting crime).

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Laurel is probably in alliance with team arrow and helping them but she's not literally in team arrow and doesn't hand out in the arrowcave, which is why there is discrepancy in their responses. 

I hope there won't be superpowers. Beyond my personal bias, the  "superpowering" Mirakuru already didn't work out so well...at least I'm under the impression that it wasn't well received as a plot point. So I think that genuine superpowers might not work either in the premise of this show.

I hated the mirakuru plot point, especially because it made people really angry and stupid all the time, which was annoying. I kinda wish the show would be like season 1 where there were really no superpowers and it was more grounded, but since they introduce The Flash, I think there will definitely be more superpowers introduced on the show. And I doubt they would introduce Ray Palmer without eventually following through with him comic-book identity. 

I hope these spoilers don't mean that Sin's on the chopping block. Seems like a waste of a character and an actress. And I also hope that Laurel is digging up info on, say, a bad guy rather than any of Team Arrow. What a terrible thought.

BC is kinda like Roy's cool aunt or big sister in the comics (well, the ones I read) so it would be neat to see Roy and Sara bond, even though I don't much care for Roy. As others suggested, she might be able to help him make peace with his guilt and violent tendencies and maybe nurturing someone will help Sara feel better about her own issues. So I'm pro Canary/Arsenal bonding, anti Sin death.

• Love 4

I think Laurel investigating the team members is in keeping with her character up to a point, but she's always been so blinded by 'appearances' that it's hard for me to take her seriously. There's never been any sign that she looked past appearances for Sara, Oliver, Diggle or Felicity until Slade knocked on her door and dropped a bomb that looked like it shocked her to her core. We never saw her question Sara about the assassins who drugged her and kidnapped their mother - shouldn't she have wanted to know how Sara was mixed up in that? She was suspicious of Blood but that came out nowhere IMHO.

I'm not expecting her to be in the ArrowCave all the time. There's no reason for it unless they're playing with the Oliver/Laurel personal dynamic, which apparently isn't what they're going for. But really, having Laurel start nosing around and dropping secrets sounds like a bad idea unless the writing is VERY good. Now, she might not have to dig that far to figure out Roy was the crazy guy who killed two cops since that's on video. She could even come across that by chance. But she'd have to be looking into Diggle and Felicity very specifically in order to find dirt that Oliver doesn't know. In the episode 'Three Ghosts' Oliver says he did his homework on both of them and he didn't tell his secrets easily. Unless it was a throwaway line, I assume he did some investigating of his own, at least into their recent past.

Maybe her scenes with Felicity lead into the episode where we find out about Felicity's time at MIT. Laurel reveals something she found out, maybe involving Felicity as a hacker at that time? IIRC these scenes were referenced in connection to the third episode and Felicity's episode is the fourth or fifth. Her curiosity might prompt her to figure out why others do what they do, but if the writers aren't careful with it, it will only cause more backlash against her character. The audience already trusts Diggle and Felicity so having Laurel exert a lot of time and energy trying to debunk their characters sounds like a bad way to go. I can see the writers trying to write her as tenacious and ending up with another spectacular fail like 'Blind Spot' too. I'm all for making her more bearable since she's not going anywhere, but sometimes I feel like the writers don't connect with Laurel anymore than I do.

• Love 2
(edited)

I honestly think it just might be whatever happens to Felicity. I think people are over-thinking it. I do wonder how exactly that would bring them together though. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Edited by ban1o

Maybe Sin goes missing after the explosion and they have to look for her.  Bex T-K did say she'd be back on the show.

I can see Laurel digging into Diggle and Felicity's pasts because she doesn't trust that they're good enough to be Oliver's team.  But Roy is most likely, especially after the cop killing.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just really don't think Laurel will be investigating the team. Especially not Diggle and Felicity. I'm pretty sure this is referring to people outside the team. Laurel's probably going to be at least the acting DA, and she's probably been told to clean house. So I think the digging into everyone's business is in regard to that, not Team Arrow.

I don't really see something happening to Felicity as something that would bring Sara and Roy together. It might, but Roy and Felicity aren't all that close on the show (even though the actors seem to be BFFs). I think something happening to Sin is more likely - hopefully not death though.

Edited by Starfish35

I think that whatever happens brings all of Team Arrow + Roy + Sara together, not just Roy and Sara. Although I like Sin, I don't think the death of her character would have a large impact on the story as a whole.

Laurel finding out about Roy and it causing drama makes sense (which probably means it won't happen). She is an assistant DA, so more than anyone else on the team her job sort of obliges her to report crime, especially one that serious, even if she accepts that he wasn't responsible.

• Love 1

I think that whatever happens brings all of Team Arrow + Roy + Sara together, not just Roy and Sara. Although I like Sin, I don't think the death of her character would have a large impact on the story as a whole.

Maybe it's to do with whatever drug Count Vertigo is hawking.

Sara is supposedly pursuing an international criminal across many countries.  Drug trafficking could do it.

(edited)

This was from TVLine's Inside Line:

Season 3’s second episode will find Oliver hunting down a vicious killer and mercenary who is wanted for murder in seven countries and now is targeting victims who are associated with a specific company.

Maybe the mercenary is Sara? Although if she's killing people again what was the point of last year?

Edited by drspaceman10

Maybe the mercenary is Sara? Although if she's killing people again what was the point of last year?

This occurred to me as well, but if it's Sara, it's quite a misdirect, because Sara shows up in episode one. Unless she vanishes again right away, it's not like Oliver's going to have to look all that hard. :)

(edited)

I don't know why any of them would be upset about what Sara's doing, they all happily sent her away to be a killer again. 

They said Sara has a specific mission that supposedly plays out through the season. That sounds like a one episode deal, she may have been sent there to kill the mercenary which would clash with Team Arrow's capture and jailing thing. I would think one Ra's loyalty tests would be to send Sara to kill someone in her hometown. I think her mission is capturing/killing Malcolm. 

Edited by Sakura12

You know my friends and I actually have a theory that Sara was supposed to die last season so the "black canary" torch would be passed to Laurel but because she was such a well-liked character the writers came up with half-assed way to have her "leave" so they could bring her back if the actress was available. That's why they had her return to LOA even though it undid so much of the development she had last season. 

• Love 2

They said Sara has a specific mission that supposedly plays out through the season. That sounds like a one episode deal, she may have been sent there to kill the mercenary which would clash with Team Arrow's capture and jailing thing. I would think one Ra's loyalty tests would be to send Sara to kill someone in her hometown. I think her mission is capturing/killing Malcolm. 

If Ra's is really that pissed off at Malcolm for leveling the Glades, I think he'd want to do it himself.

Sending Sara after the mercenary sounds right to me.

Episode 2 has the Tommy/Malcolm flashbacks so I think "Sara" is about more than just Sara.

I've just been wildly speculating on how all this is going to play out. There's been some hints that Oliver and Merlyn will team up against Ra's. Maybe it's a threat to Thea that brings them together - that would be one common interest they both would have. If the LoA targeted Thea as a way to get to Malcolm, that might prompt him to reach out to Oliver for help.

I still have a feeling that it will end up being Nyssa's death however that brings Ra's wrath down on Oliver's head, because it sounds like initially Ra's will be more about trying to get Oliver to join him on the Dark Side.

(edited)

Where did the Ra's wants Oliver to join the League stuff come from? Is that in an interview? Or are we going with the Batman story with Oliver. 

I don't think they'd kill off Nyssa, then Sara later on. Then they'd essentially be killing off the two queer characters and that wouldn't look good. 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

It is from a recent source talking about Ra's in Arrow - I'll try to find it.

ETA: found it. It's from a TVGuide interview with AK. He doesn't say that Ra's wants Oliver to join the League. But here's what he does say:

"We wanted to present Oliver with a new challenge with a villain that would speak to what Oliver was going through emotionally," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells TVGuide.com. "This season, Oliver is wrestling with, 'Is there a life for me beyond being the Arrow?' What the Season 3 villain comes to Oliver and says is, 'The reason you're not fully successful as the Arrow is because you're holding on to Oliver Queen. I have let go of my identity and embraced my cause and you should do the same.' It's a whole new thing where the enemy actually, in some ways, admires the Arrow and what he's doing. He just thinks that the Arrow is thinking too small."

The idea that Ra's might want Oliver to join the League or at least join forces came from that I think, that Ra's does admire Oliver but thinks he's thinking too small. "Join me, and we shall rule the world!" Haha no, yeah, I know it doesn't actually say that. It's just where the speculation comes from I think.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Season3-Villain-Ras-al-Ghul-1084975.aspx

Edited by Starfish35

In the trailers when Laurel mentions being business partners, it reminds me of when Oliver told Felicity that she's not his employee, she's his partner. I hope that the whole "is she or is she not part of Team Arrow"  that CH and KC don't seem to agree on isn't that Laurel goes in and starts trying to call shots as if she's a partner and TA are her employees. If she sees herself as having a more important role than the rest of TA, I can kind of understand why the others wouldn't consider her as part of the team, but rather a separate department. I remember the way she investigated Blood, what if she does the same here and gets more involved, thus meddling, yet she doesn't have the skills or training to defend herself which could cause problems because she'd need to be babysat basically. I can picture something happening where she gets in trouble, gets told not to go on the field and stay in her office but since she's a "lawyer with a jacket" decides she can be as badass as everyone else, seeks a trainer, which is how she ends up meeting Ted Grant or maybe a case leads her to him and he decides since she's gonna do whatever she wants she might as well learn to fight.

I don't know, I really hope that's not the case because I want to like Laurel, I really do.

I think Sara's mission is either hunting Merlyn for Ra's or trying to recruit Arrow for Ra's. If its the latter I think she'll be torn over it. She knows that Oliver is "no kill" now but I think Sara (post 2.13) is presented as easily willing to kill. Of course that might not really matter, I have a feeling all those kill vs no kill fights between Oliver/sara weren't about Sara's mentality/morality but more to set up the "find another way" story in the finale.

• Love 1

Colton Haynes: "She's definitely not a part of team arrow"

Katie Cassidy: She's a part of team arrow

I'm getting mixed signals here... Who should I believe? Who indeeed

I would totally believe Colton because he is not delusional. I mean he never claimed about having jackets, leather or otherwise, and now sports the coolest suit on the show.

• Love 5
(edited)

There is an interview on Xbox live's Comic-Con coverage where Andrew Kreisburg says that the enemy of the season is challenging Oliver to become the Arrow and forsake being Oliver. "What's holding you back is that you're still trying to be Oliver Queen." And that Slade was more focused on Oliver the man and Oliver's role in Shado's death on the island, but the big bad this season is telling Oliver that "you can be doing so much more than you're doing" as the Arrow than as Oliver.

I really don't see how it could be anyone other than Ra's, and the identity theme of the season plays into that.

eta: To get exact quotes and I was totally off because it wasn't SA who said that. Also Paul Blackthorne says that Oliver has to ask himself "Who am I when I'm not a billionaire anymore? And how do I keep up what I'm doing?" with no resources. PB says he "finds a way." So now I'm wondering if frigging Ra's offers to fund Team Arrow.

Edited by JayKay
  • Love 3

There is an interview on Xbox live's Comic-Con coverage where Andrew Kreisburg says that the enemy of the season is challenging Oliver to become the Arrow and forsake being Oliver. "What's holding you back is that you're still trying to be Oliver Queen." And that Slade was more focused on Oliver the man and Oliver's role in Shado's death on the island, but the big bad this season is telling Oliver that "you can be doing so much more than you're doing" as the Arrow than as Oliver.

I really don't see how it could be anyone other than Ra's, and the identity theme of the season plays into that.

eta: To get exact quotes and I was totally off because it wasn't SA who said that. Also Paul Blackthorne says that Oliver has to ask himself "Who am I when I'm not a billionaire anymore? And how do I keep up what I'm doing?" with no resources. PB says he "finds a way." So now I'm wondering if frigging Ra's offers to fund Team Arrow.

I think David Ramsey and someone else mentioned that the team will be working with ARGUS and has been working with them even during the break. which is how they make money and are able to fund various things.

so if anything, i would bet my money on ARGUS being the money machine rather than Ra's.

• Love 2