Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'll add my guess. In the premiere something happens that makes Oliver realize he can't be in a personal relationship with Felicity but she's still his teammate. In episode 3x02 something tragic happens to Sin and Oliver sees how Sara takes loosing a friend and he further freaks out. Oliver decides that he can't go through that with Diggle and Felicity and kicks them both off Team Arrow. Diggle and Oliver fight over it and the fight they have is for the soul of Team Arrow.  Roy is a loner so Oliver will want to team up with just him. Doesn't Felicity go to Flash in the third episode? Getting confused with all the spoilers we've gotten.

• Love 3

Maybe Oliver & Diggle are going their separate ways for a while which is why they have an emotional scene?  (This would be on top of whatever happens with Felicity in 3.01.)  3.03 is supposed to be Diggle centric.  This is the guy who has had Oliver's back since he has returned to Starling City.  Maybe Diggle is beginning his crusade to find out why Andy died and Deadshot is helping him.  Oliver can't leave Starling City if there is a mercenary wanted in 5 countries running around.  One who perhaps causes Sin's death in 3.02. 

• Love 1

I'll add my guess. In the premiere something happens that makes Oliver realize he can't be in a personal relationship with Felicity but she's still his teammate. In episode 3x02 something tragic happens to Sin and Oliver sees how Sara takes loosing a friend and he further freaks out. Oliver decides that he can't go through that with Diggle and Felicity and kicks them both off Team Arrow. Diggle and Oliver fight over it and the fight they have is for the soul of Team Arrow.  Roy is a loner so Oliver will want to team up with just him. Doesn't Felicity go to Flash in the third episode? Getting confused with all the spoilers we've gotten.

Felicity goes to Flash in the 4th episode I think 

• Love 2
Can she even die if she's not in the episode?  I mean we've never heard anything from Bex about being back in Van have we?

Um, I think I read somewhere on this thread she mentioned being in 3x02, maybe she hasn't filmed yet then?

What if Sin gets seriously hurt, possibly paralyzed, and Sara, Roy and Team Arrow are devastated (mostly because Sara & Roy are upset, and maybe the team was somehow involved with how she got hurt).  Everyone blames each other, etc etc etc.  Further down the road, though, Sin (with help from Sara and Felicity) gets in the game by becoming a techie.  Maybe she shows a natural instinct for it.

BOOM!  Sin becomes Oracle and she and Sara leave town for BoP.  Helena gets worked into it somehow.

Oracle will probably have either something to do with Felicity (since her flashbacks are in an episode with this title) or just end up used only as a shout out to the comics.

I just looked up Bex on Twitter. Nothing saying she shooting or that she was going to Vancouver. She tweeted that she was going to bed 5 hours ago and RT someone saying "Stay with me"  always gives them feels. And now I feel like a twitter stalker. ;D

Oh, I know about Felicity and the Oracle ep title.  I was just speculating... and 'oracle' is a name that could be used by anyone who serves that kind of function.  If there were to be a BoP spin off, I'd much rather Felicity stay put on 'Arrow' while someone else be the Birds' Oracle.  So my crazy theory would have put Sin in that role, rather than Felicity.

• Love 1
(edited)

yeah now   I really don't think Sin is going to die especially if Bex hasn't filmed anything or isn't even in Vancouver.  I think whatever Stephen was referring to had to do with Diggle or Oliver. As for what Colton meant by "something horrible happens," who knows?  It could be anything really. 

Edited by ban1o

If we get to the point where we really do have to start worrying about Sin, there might be the twist.  This is what happens in the comics:

In an attempt to save Sin from the League, Green Arrow fakes the child's death. Though the decision pains him, he conceals the truth from Dinah so that her grief will be real and convincing to their enemies. Dinah later learns of her foster daughter's survival.

• Love 2

If that happened it would definitely give Oliver some more manpain having to do that to Sara. I could also see the Ra's targeting Sin for Sara's betrayal to the League. Why they'd choose Sin over Laurel, that I don't know. I'd rather they fake her death.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah I think you're right. Diggle and Oliver don't know Sin so I really doubt it could be something involving her. But it probably has to do with Diggle and being there for your children and such. 

I think it's something to do with fatherhood too. As someone said above, that's something that would be close to SA's heart, and would definitely be a tough subject. I posted this thought a couple of days ago, but I really do think that Team Arrow's going to break up this year (for a bit at least). Maybe this is the beginning of it? DR said at Comic Con that Diggle would never willingly leave Team Arrow, so, maybe it's an involuntary hiatus?

She goes in the fourth ep, after a conversation with Oliver, who makes her think this might be a good time for her to go and visit Barry (I think Oliver must tell her he's The Flash, or allude to his powers).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Why are people predicting Sara's death again? She might very well die during the Ra's Al Ghul story arc, but if it happens, it will be towards the end of the season. Not this early in the game when they haven't explored her backstory, yet.

I think that they should do a 13 episode series for Sara's journey from the freighter to becoming an assassin. I don't think one episode is enough time, even if it is similar to The Odyssey or The Promise where it was mostly flashback. Plus it would be nice to have a show about a female superhero for a change.

I would totally watch the heck out of that show. I agree with you that 1 flashback episode wouldn't be enough to do her backstory justice. IMO, the flashback material would at least have to cover the following events to make it a satisfying viewing experience:

- Sara's rescue at sea and her arrival at Nanda Parbat

- Nyssa nursing her back to health

- Sara undergoing LOA training

- Sara pledging her allegiance to the League (they must surely have an interesting ritual there)

- her first mission/kill

- showing us how she becomes disenchanted with the way of life as an assassin to the point where she turns her back on them and leaves

I still want to see what Sara's League outfit looked like, was it like Malcolm's or Nyssa's. If they plan on making Laurel BC, then they should've had Oliver and Roy see a League assassin, they fight and the hood falls off revealing Sara. 

But for some reason they still want us to see Sara as the Canary dressed in all black.

(edited)

I think they'd keep Daddy Diggle around longer so he can contrast or teach Oliver when his kid is revealed so I think baby girl Diggle should be ok.  Same for Lyla just cause they need someone to be watching the baby.

I wonder if the whole team is going to break up.  Diggle is kicked out and maybe Felicity too. 

Yeah I think this is a fair assumption. I feel like the first couple of episodes of the season we're gonna see Oliver push Digg and Felicity away because he's made up his mind that he can't be Oliver Queen while he's the Arrow and maybe its better if he goes back to his original plan which was forging on with his crusade solo. With Digg about to become a father, Oliver probably feels like he can't ask Digg to sacrifice any more for him and with Felicity, I think he'll want to put distance between them after the fallout from the date.

I mean, at the end of the day, these are two people who Oliver obviously loves and cares for deeply; Diggle has become like a brother to him and Felicity is the woman he can envision himself having a future with, they're not just his partners anymore, they're family. And what has Oliver always done with family/the people he loves? Push them away and keep them at arms length in an effort to protect them. I mean, its asinine but I think a large part of this arc will help Oliver to realize he can't do that anymore.

So yeah, I think the band is definitely gonna break up. 

Maybe the reasoning behind doing all this so early on in the season is to get Felicity and Digg out from under Oliver's shadow for a little while, gain some personal growth and test the bonds of the team's devotion to one another; only to have them all get back together towards the holiday hiatus with a reaffirmed loyalty to each other just in time to take on what ever huge challenge will no doubt be looming right before the show goes on break again. 

I think for us diehard Team Arrow fans, these first couple of episodes are gonna be tough but possibly very rewarding in the end. 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 5

I mean, at the end of the day, these are two people who Oliver obviously loves and cares for deeply; Diggle has become like a brother to him and Felicity is the woman he can envision himself having a future with, they're not just his partners anymore, they're family. And what has Oliver always done with family/the people he loves? Push them away and keep them at arms length in an effort to protect them. I mean, its asinine but I think a large part of this arc will help Oliver to realize he can't do that anymore.

THis is a very good point. He also did the same with Laurel and Thea which led to her leaving with Malcolm. I wonder if she will play a role in him understanding that he can't push the people he loves the most away. 

• Love 1

I feel like the first couple of episodes of the season we're gonna see Oliver push Digg and Felicity away because he's made up his mind that he can't be Oliver Queen while he's the Arrow and maybe its better if he goes back to his original plan which was forging on with his crusade solo.

This does seem very likely...plus Oliver is dumb enough to think it will work and not just end with him (and Roy if he gets to stay) dead. Diggle being a new father is a good catalyst for Oliver pushing him away, but don't think *danger is out there* would work for pushing Felicity away or kicking her off the team after he served her up to Slade (yay, partners!). It could work if it's something else though. I'm not sure what...

• Love 2
(edited)

But why would he kick off Felicity and Diggle but keep Roy? LOL. That seems dumb, even for Oliver. I can see him kicking Diggle off due to his baby, but why would he kick of Felicity? Like @hogwash said, he had her purposefully kidnapped in the season finale. 

Edited by ban1o

But why would he kick off Felicity and Diggle but keep Roy? LOL. That seems dumb, even for Oliver. I can see him kicking Diggle off due to his baby, but why would he kick of Felicity? Like @hogwash said, he had her purposefully kidnapped in the season finale. 

Well, the producers said that one of the questions this season is whether or not they can have lives outside of their work on the team (I know this is true of Oliver and Felicity, and I think Diggle, too). I can picture Oliver solely dedicating himself to Arrow (for a while, at least), and if he does love Felicity, maybe he wants her to leave because a) it's difficult for him to be around her and not be with her and b) he wants her to go out and have a life - she's just as dedicated to saving the city as he is. So, if he thinks he can't be Oliver Queen, I can see him retreating into himself and pushing everyone away. Not because he doesn't need them, but because he wants them to move on. Because he doesn't want them to give up (or lose, in Diggle's case) their lives to help him in his crusade.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well I don't see Roy as being on Team Arrow as much as he is an associate of Team Arrow. For me, there's a huge distinction between Oliver's relationships with Felicity and Digg contrasted to that of his with Roy which is more of a mentorship than anything else. So I don't really see him necessarily keeping Roy on either if this were all to end up being the case, of course. But the emotional fallout from him parting ways with Diggle and Felicity will no doubt be more significant by virtue of their history with him. 

And I think that if Oliver kicks Felicity off the Team then it will obviously have to stem from his personal feelings for her. But this is all speculation based on the spoilers and quotes we've been getting. Trying to make sense of everything is becoming a full time job, to be honest. 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 3

Oh yeah I guess if they are using Felicity as the main love interest in season 3, kicking her off would make sense (I'm not a very big Olicity fan though lol) 

And we're probably all going to be wrong, which is the real kick in the (mental) pants.

Lol, that's exactly the thing though...we're all probably so far off base. When October rolls around its gonna be interesting to see what we came close to predicting and what we were totally wrong about. I suspect more of the latter. 

ETA: Its also blowing my mind how they've only just started production on episode three cause it feels like they've given us enough information that could spawn an entire season. I'm sure that while they've worked out the logistics of this season, things still haven't been set in stone. So some of the stuff they've told us so far is very much subject to change... 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 2

I think Team Arrow is probably breaking up too. Part of it simply has to do with Oliver being broke and unable to pay them. Perhaps Diggle is going to work for A.R.G.U.S. since Lyla works there. Felicity will work for/with Ray Palmer.

Edited by Sunshine

Guys... I don't mean to be an alarmist, but if Team Arrow breaks up....what happens to Sally? I'm actually kind of worried now

lol can I ask…who is Sally? I'm new around here! (=

• Love 1

Do two characters that have negative chemistry create positive chemistry together?

If nothing else, they  make fast-forwarding their scenes easier since they're together.

As long as Laurel has her own storyline away from Oliver, and Diggle and Felicity get enough time, I'll take it.

Oh, I know about Felicity and the Oracle ep title.  I was just speculating... and 'oracle' is a name that could be used by anyone who serves that kind of function.  If there were to be a BoP spin off, I'd much rather Felicity stay put on 'Arrow' while someone else be the Birds' Oracle.  So my crazy theory would have put Sin in that role, rather than Felicity.

The show tends to use its titles to reflect a number of possible characters.   Oracle' could refer to both Felicity time at MIT (maybe creating a computer program called Oracle) and also setting up the Oracle for BoP.

I love how in his interviews, John Barrowman keeps talking about the DC comic bible on his bedside table, and why he knows about the Lazarus Pits.  A guy so enthusiastic about his homrework.

I think for us diehard Team Arrow fans, these first couple of episodes are gonna be tough but possibly very rewarding in the end.

One one hand, I can't wait to see the season premier, especially the "raw" discussion between Oliver and Felicity. On the other hand, I know that the next episode are going to be very rough.

If SA is talking about Davie Ramsey as his scene partner in a very tough scene, it does sound like Oliver is fighting with Diggle, and probably pushing him away from Team Arrow.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Katrina Law's interview. Nothing too spoilery but she confirms that she's flying soon to Vancouver to start filming for Arrow.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/katrina-law-confirms-arrow-return_video_2283137

And regarding Sara's death in 3x02, I think its highly unlikely. Colton's interview where he says that they grow closer in 3x02, Sara's flashbacks and Guggenheim saying that this Season will be about loyalties in reference to Sara makes me think that she won't be dying anytime soon.( maybe towards the end of the Season but I hope not)

Edited by abhi
  • Love 2

Stephen posted this on his facebook. I am scared now!

I'm more scared by the fact that he seems to think that 49 is a prime number. Unless they're shooting the scripts out of order and he's talking about 51 or 53.

• Love 4

Hah, funny!

As for the Team Arrow breakup.  I don't know if that's something they'll do or something that's supported by the spoilers.  I know last year there were plenty of people predicting a Team Arrow break up so I'm not sure if this falls under hinted at or just wishful thinking/fannon type situation.

I can see both sides and it's a typical hero trope, Angel did it in S2 but I just don't know if it will actually happen in the show.

Hah, funny!

As for the Team Arrow breakup.  I don't know if that's something they'll do or something that's supported by the spoilers.  I know last year there were plenty of people predicting a Team Arrow break up so I'm not sure if this falls under hinted at or just wishful thinking/fannon type situation.

I can see both sides and it's a typical hero trope, Angel did it in S2 but I just don't know if it will actually happen in the show.

It's pure conjecture at this point, although during the panel at SDCC, when they were discussing Digg being on the team and asking if he would ever leave to join the Suicide Squad, he did say something along the lines of Diggle being committed to Team Arrow, and that he'd never leave voluntarily. So, that might be foreshadowing, although for what (if anything), I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Random thought -- what if the "you have failed this city" Oliver says in 301 is him hallucinating/dreaming/on drugs, and he says it to himself? Didn't Amell say Oliver *literally* sees a version of himself that scares the shit out of him? If I assume he's using "literally" correctly, it means Oliver has to actually see himself.

Or else I'm just gonna imagine Ted Mosby appearing behind Amell and saying "you mean FIGURATIVELY".

• Love 4

I can't see Diggle leaving the team voluntarily except under 2 reasons:

- he's being blackmailed/threatened to do so (Lyla and the baby are leverage points for anyone to use against him)

- Oliver crosses a line with his misguided, well intended 'I'm not going to put you at risk anymore, you're a father now!' and says something (I can't imagine what, though) that causes Diggle to throw his hands up and storm out.  Then Oliver looks sad but resolved because he (stupidly, it will prove to be) thinks he did the right thing. Again

I don't know at this point if the Team break up is speculation or based on a comment in an interview. 

I think we need another Con asap to get more info, ha