Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/19/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Listening to Raven, I'm assuming if she ever has a kid she'll drop it at a school on the way home from the hospital since she seems to think the educating, training, etc. of her kid is everyone else's problem but hers. And, everything that affects her, that doesn't involve her kid, is the governments responsibility. The whole thing reminds me of that old saying - "Another day, Raven's still an idiot."

• Love 7

Or does Raven have some experience with a confidentiality contract that she's not telling us about?  because that was a strange question.

Mmmm...when she spoke of confidentiality agreements, for a moment I wondered if maybe that was the case with the Cosby show, but I guess we would have heard about that, if it were the case, by now.

I can't understand the couple and their cruise win. Ok, I'll confess here. I've been on 84 cruises, so I'm a cruise addict, and I've been fortunate to have cruised on nearly every line out there. Regent is a luxury line, known to have the largest, and most luxurious cabins at sea. Heck, their walk in closets are larger than in some people's homes. It's not my favorite line, Seabourn, Crystal and Celebrity get my vote, but Regent is an amazing choice, especially when you're getting it for free. I always say never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whoopie is on her book and reality show tour. It sure sounds to me like she's a HUGE pot head. She talked about it today on Wendy Williams. She was at some party with other celebs and fully admitted she was high. Anyone wonder if she's high when doing the View? It's no coincidence her book comes out at the same time as the reality show.

I still don't get why Raven is on the show. She's hardly an icon for her generation.

• Love 5

Whoopie is on her book and reality show tour. It sure sounds to me like she's a HUGE pot head. She talked about it today on Wendy Williams. She was at some party with other celebs and fully admitted she was high. Anyone wonder if she's high when doing the View? It's no coincidence her book comes out at the same time as the reality show

Good point  K!  I noticed Whoopi dragged Alex to her Wendy Williams interview, not that I had it on long enough to watch.  Has anyone ever seen an interview with just Alex?   Anyone?   Her whole act is being Whoopi's daughter. 

• Love 4

I did watch today because Barney Frank and Tony Bennett were on.

Barney is always a great interview and I think he was entertaining.  Sadly Tony's voice is really gone.  THat is such a beautiful song and he just was not able to do it justice.  I still love him tho'.  THe interview with him was a bit of a waste - of course he was on to promote the album so there is that.

The show continues with it's core problems:  the structure sucks and most important of all, pretty much everyone at the table sucks as well - Joy and (to my shock, the republican lady whose name I don't remember, but who had to do that god awful interview with the hooker family).  So 2 out of 6 are ok, the rest - drag the show down.

Show needs production leadership  BIG TIME!

And I do NOT mean the Babster.

• Love 7

Oh boy, Rite Aid gave some sunscreen to those lucky pink t shirted ladies, and then the camera panned in for a close up of the Rite Aid window. As someone who has had breast cancer, this constant advertising in conjunction with the pink month really irritates me. I suppose it raises money for the cause, but I'd like to see how much from every sponsor who capitalizes on it. Excuse me if I'm a little cynical.

On a shallow note, what was Paula wearing around her neck? That thing was really obnoxious!

I love Barney Frank.

Sherri shared her knowledge of the sunscreen "it has SPF" 

Edited by springtime
  • Love 8

Oh boy, Rite Aid gave some sunscreen to those lucky pink t shirted ladies, and then the camera panned in for a close up of the Rite Aid window. As someone who has had breast cancer, this constant advertising in conjunction with the pink month really irritates me. I suppose it raises money for the cause, but I'd like to see how much from every sponsor who capitalizes on it. Excuse me if I'm a little cynical.

On a shallow note, what was Paula wearing around her neck? That thing was really obnoxious!

I love Barney Frank.

OMG I feel the same way. Also had breast cancer and am so irritated by the pink thing. I have read that almost no money is raised via the wearing or selling pink. It's mostly for publicity. I don't wear it. I don't identify myself with it.

I also love Barney Frank!!

• Love 5

At the very end, Sherri and her "walkers for breast cancer"  (were they raising money?   or just walking while wearing pink?) stopped at a store, in front of a Metamucil display, an obviously paid product placement.  She then starts handing out Metamucil fiber wafers, saying "you need energy".  SHe must have thought they were energy bars.  No, they're a constipation remedy, one that needs to be taken with a full glass of water. A weird choice to hand out, in my opinion. 

• Love 5

I can't understand the couple and their cruise win. 

I'm gonna cut the cruise winning couple a break for their lukewarm response to their prize.  They are both EMT's and ... you know... they make a living pulling mashed-up people out of car wrecks and saving people who are bleeding to death from multiple bullet holes.  I think it is probably pretty hard to get a rise out of a person like that, so I am not entirely surprised they were able to contain their joy so effectively, let's say.

• Love 7

I'm gonna cut the cruise winning couple a break for their lukewarm response to their prize.  They are both EMT's and ... you know... they make a living pulling mashed-up people out of car wrecks and saving people who are bleeding to death from multiple bullet holes.  I think it is probably pretty hard to get a rise out of a person like that, so I am not entirely surprised they were able to contain their joy so effectively, let's say.

I agree. Some people are more emotionally expressive than others, some people are pretty stoic. I saw them as being pleasantly surprised, but a little confused. I would be exactly the same way in that situation.
  • Love 5

I was wondering why Whoopi keeps seeming to defend the Kardashians and their inane reality bullshit on tv. Then it hit me.  Her daughter has an inane reality bullshit show. So defend! defend!

• Love 10

Her daughter and the friend are so uninteresting from what I've seen of the on The View. Do they honestly think this show will take off into a ratings/fame bonanza? Or do they just want the upfront money? Or is Whoopi underwriting that whole thing to please her daughter? A mystery to me.

• Love 4

Her daughter and the friend are so uninteresting from what I've seen of the on The View. Do they honestly think this show will take off into a ratings/fame bonanza? Or do they just want the upfront money? Or is Whoopi underwriting that whole thing to please her daughter? A mystery to me.

I'm guessing that Whoopi wants the daughter to have her own (or more than current) income so Whoopi is pushing the show with all her might.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

That's a kind of odd piece. It starts out strong but then seems to go back and forth between lauding her talent and criticizing some behaviors. It almost paid more attention to her good than to her bad. Odd.

And more comments seem to be in Whoopi's favor than against. Ugh.

It's a good start. Something more mainstream and accepted than TMZ et al.

I thought it basically said, Hey, she started out edgy and made really good points about social justice, but now she defends racists, homophobes, rapists, and sexists. What changed?

I'm glad someone besides the commenters on this site has noticed.

As for the good she did, I think it was doing a compare-and-contrast with her current out-of-touch comments and how relevant she used to be.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 6

Such a tragedy.  I wonder how many giant white shirts perished in the blaze.

I'm willing to bet there were at least one hundred, some all-silk or cashmere (for insurance purposes).  *snicker*

I know about tour buses, having worked for a company that fixed them after accidents & up-graded them.  Electrical fires are pretty standard if the vehicle is not maintained properly.

• Love 5