Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t know Aspyn was selling LuLaNo?

Looks like she didn't actually sell, but was an Administrator for Maddie.  According to Blasting News of May 2018, Aspyn is quoted...

"I'm helping Maddie with the background of her LuLaLife and will be messaging, uploading and enjoying meeting you and helping you hunt your unicorns"

Sorry for my confusion.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Looks like she didn't actually sell, but was an Administrator for Maddie.  According to Blasting News of May 2018, Aspyn is quoted...

"I'm helping Maddie with the background of her LuLaLife and will be messaging, uploading and enjoying meeting you and helping you hunt your unicorns"

Sorry for my confusion.

With all the Browns in LLR who can blame anyone for getting confused?!? 

I saw in Reddit that Kody was helping Christine sell in a live, by wearing a LLR dress. Meri must be hopping mad that Kody isn't helping HER but why would he? She's such a sour person. 

This is a drama (ok catfight) which will never air on the show.

I really think Maddie cut ties with Meri. I think Christine signed up under Maddie after Maddie split with Meri so Meri doesn't get the commission/credit for Christine or Mykelti (I thought there was one other Brown girl doing this but I was probably wrong).

IMO Meri only has Audrey from the family. I'm sure she has lots of non-Brown affiliated consultants under her but the ones I've seen (note that it's been about 9-10 months) don't seem to sell much. 

• Love 7

"Hunt your unicorns".  Oh, lawdy, these people.

And apparently "influencer" is something you can put on a resume these days.

Damn, I feel old.  And cranky.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
(edited)

Hunting unicorns = going through the rag bag to find something only semi-hideous.

Every time I see "influencer" mentioned, I flash on the Fyre Festival documentary. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think Christine signed up under Maddie after Maddie split with Meri so Meri doesn't get the commission/credit for Christine or Mykelti

I don't know how it works with this MLM but once you sign up under someone, I think you are their recruit whether you like it or not.  I'm not sure you have a choice about whether or not that person gets a percentage of the people you sign up - I think it's company policy and Meri will get the commission.  Someone posted the "structure" and it's very convoluted.  Maybe Meri wanted Christine and Mykelti to sign up under her directly so she would get MORE commission and instead they signed up under Maddie - giving Meri less.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I don't know how it works with this MLM but once you sign up under someone, I think you are their recruit whether you like it or not.  I'm not sure you have a choice about whether or not that person gets a percentage of the people you sign up - I think it's company policy and Meri will get the commission.  Someone posted the "structure" and it's very convoluted.  Maybe Meri wanted Christine and Mykelti to sign up under her directly so she would get MORE commission and instead they signed up under Maddie - giving Meri less.

I found the LLR consultant agreement and it apparently does include provisions to change your sponsor, but they make it pretty difficult. 

If Meri isn't following Christine on social media, then to me that's a pretty strong indicator that Christine went out of her way to sign up under a consultant not affiliated with Meri. It wouldn't have been too difficult to find someone else who would sponsor her. 

• Useful 5
43 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

If Meri isn't following Christine on social media, then to me that's a pretty strong indicator that Christine went out of her way to sign up under a consultant not affiliated with Meri. It wouldn't have been too difficult to find someone else who would sponsor her. 

Maybe that's why Meri got mad at Maddie.  Maybe she thought Maddie should have tried harder to recruit Christine and Mykelti - more money for her.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

"Nails of Wonder"?!? 

Spits out coffee in heaves of laughter

Lucky you, mine came up through the nose... 

This whole thing is so interesting to me, who joined under whom while wearing what shitty outfit and were they in LV or Flag.. like a big old game of polygamous clue

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

This MLM shit is as confusing (to me) as a plyg family tree.  

16 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Lucky you, mine came up through the nose... 

This whole thing is so interesting to me, who joined under whom while wearing what shitty outfit and were they in LV or Flag.. like a big old game of polygamous clue

Too bad we didn't see all the drama/catfight on the show.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I found the LLR consultant agreement and it apparently does include provisions to change your sponsor, but they make it pretty difficult. 

Yup I'm pretty sure whatever way they signed up it didn't benefit Meri as much as it would have if they'd signed up directly under Meri.

Plus the "hobby" comment Meri made fit perfectly with Maddie and her lulunooo efforts at the time.

• Love 5

So if I have this correct, which I am not sure about - Meri had Maddie help her with her business ( which we saw on tv) she then had Maddie join under her ?  So after that, we have Mykelti, Sludge and Christine all join ? I assume like someone said above- Sludge got in with Meri, and maybe Mykelti and Christine join under Maddie ? Do you have to do a certain amount of sales before you can brainwash have someone sell under you and you get a cut ?  Would they get in trouble if the people below them aren't pulling their weight in sales ? This whole MLM crap is fascinating and I really hope the Lulucrud goes down the toilet 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Right there with you 😆 

CFE68B51-9BE0-4445-A232-469D80FE5833.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Mykelti type spelling error in my meme 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 4/20/2019 at 7:41 AM, Sandy W said:

It could easily be Mariah because I'm sure that during the reign of Queen Meri, Mariah flexed her Princess designation over the other kids.

Somehow though, I feel this relates to the convoluted web of LuLaHellNo.  The tweets came about shortly after Mykelti "quite" her job and threw her energies into the wonderful, wacky world of MLM.  I'm not well versed in the building of pyramids, but I wonder if this relates to Christine and Mykelti joining up under the auspices of Maddie, rather than directly under Meri.  Meri would indirectly benefit if Maddie was part of her downline, but not to the extent she would if Mykelti and Christine had joined directly under Meri.  Possibly Meri was raising a little hell over this and we know that money is the big motivator in the family Brown.

Edit for second thoughts:  Another factor that came into play at this time were Meryi's tweets about a "hobby business", I wonder if Meri had been pointing fingers at Maddie for not working hard enough at LLR and Maddie, with new pregnancy hormones raging, took justifiable offense to this type of "motivation".

This makes sense to me plus the part about it happening right after Mykelti "quite" her job and got into lulaRAGS fits perfectly. 👍

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, Kohola3 said:

On 5/9/2019 at 11:03 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Hunting unicorns = going through the rag bag to find something only semi-hideous.

Every time I see "influencer" mentioned, I flash on the Fyre Festival documentary. 

The term "social media influencer" makes me want to throw something. 😠

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

There's a podcast called "Sounds Like MLM But OK."  If you can get past the lousy editing, there are a couple of episodes that talk specifically about LuLaNo and one in particular had a guest who quickly rose very high in the ranks and then quit, and she has some serious tea to spill.  The founders of LLN are bat-crap crazy, the merchandise - once well made - ended up being shipped wet and moldy and reeking of cat pee to many consultants, and there are probably thousands of sellers who were promised money back for defective clothes and have been waiting years for checks that probably will never arrive.  

Sounds like the perfect scheme for the Browns!  Is Truely selling yet??

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

There's a podcast called "Sounds Like MLM But OK."  If you can get past the lousy editing, there are a couple of episodes that talk specifically about LuLaNo and one in particular had a guest who quickly rose very high in the ranks and then quit, and she has some serious tea to spill.  The founders of LLN are bat-crap crazy, the merchandise - once well made - ended up being shipped wet and moldy and reeking of cat pee to many consultants, and there are probably thousands of sellers who were promised money back for defective clothes and have been waiting years for checks that probably will never arrive.  

I’m interested in listening to this. A few years ago when I had never heard of LLR, I came across someone selling it at a school festival. It looked OK in general. I remember looking at some tops that I liked. They didn’t seem particularly poorly made, although it was clearly not Oscar de la Renta. I also don’t recall any especially wacky prints like some of the photos I’ve seen since. Learning that the stuff wasn’t so bad to begin with makes me feel better about my “taste level,” as Nina Garcia would say. 

About the cat-pee smell, I wonder if that was the fabric itself. Not long ago I walked into my laundry room, took a whiff, and thought OH MY GOD, THE SEPTIC TANK BACKED UP. But it turned out to be a new golf shirt my husband had washed and hung up. It smelled exactly like poop! I was beside myself thinking he had been out in public smelling like he’d had an accident, but it turned out the smell only happened when the shirt was wet. It was a synthetic fabric or blend which I can’t recall now, and those often can smell weird, but this was unreal. He washed it again, soaked it in vinegar, etc etc and nothing helped so he got rid of it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

About the cat-pee smell, I wonder if that was the fabric itself. Not long ago I walked into my laundry room, took a whiff, and thought OH MY GOD, THE SEPTIC TANK BACKED UP. But it turned out to be a new golf shirt my husband had washed and hung up. It smelled exactly like poop! I was beside myself thinking he had been out in public smelling like he’d had an accident, but it turned out the smell only happened when the shirt was wet. It was a synthetic fabric or blend which I can’t recall now, and those often can smell weird, but this was unreal. He washed it again, soaked it in vinegar, etc etc and nothing helped so he got rid of it. 

Spoiler - from the podcast, the host or guest mentioned that at one point, you could search for the LLN warehouse on Google Earth and the resulting photos showed boxes and boxes of merchandise sitting outside in the hot, humid sun.  So if Google Earth captured that photo, you know that crap had been sitting outside for quite some time.

The more I hear about this scheme, the more amazed I am that it's still actually functioning as a money making business.  It boggles the mind.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/15/2019 at 5:24 AM, laurakaye said:

Funny you should ask. Yes. Yes she is 😂 

Trust the Browns to pimp them out young. 

CCEDAB11-E881-444A-9F84-EDF9D573120B.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
On 5/15/2019 at 5:08 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

What strange comments from a little girl.

"living my best life here in Flag"

"these boots are also very fresh"

Wtf?  Living her best life... How old is she 90?

So her boots are "very fresh"?...

What does that mean.....  her boots aren't stale and expired?

Argh!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

What strange comments from a little girl.

There is probably a The Big Book of Gibberish out there that has all sorts of meaningless phrases to be used for anybody doing MLM advertising.  Suitable for ages over 6.

• LOL 8
8 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

There is probably a The Big Book of Gibberish out there that has all sorts of meaningless phrases to be used for anybody doing MLM advertising.  Suitable for ages over 6.

You could be right because no one talks like that, at least no one I know talks like that and especially not children.

During filming they always say the craziest shit like "angels singingK" and other nonsense but I always attributed that to plot lines and lying, liars who lie.

Now they're doing the same shit with MLM's and hashtags... None of it sounds real or sincere... It's all BS 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Christine is all over that.  She drank the kool-aid, and is deep into LuLaFNo lingo, in addition to BrownSpeak.  That angels singingk shit, Flagstaff is "yummy," etc., ad nauseam.  SickSpeak, CultSpeak?  That works, too!

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Christine is all over that.  She drank the kool-aid, and is deep into LuLaFNo lingo, in addition to BrownSpeak.  That angels singingk shit, Flagstaff is "yummy," etc., ad nauseam.  SickSpeak, CultSpeak?  That works, too!

Exactly!....  as you said CultSpeak or maybe BrownsSpeak.

It never makes any sense! lol 

And I just re-read it and realized she says "These boots are ALSO very fresh" Wtf? So something else is very fresh besides the boots? What's also fresh,, is it Truely who's also fresh??

Wtf that almost sounds creepy coming from a little girl who is part of a family practicing polygamy which has a history of old men marrying little girls..... Blech!

I'm not saying the Browns do that but it still sounds weird to me.

I hope she doesn't think her DRESS is fresh because my mother and grandmother both wore dark floral Walton mountain type dresses like that their whole lives.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Did she leave the "k" off the end of "livin" intentionally so her Mama would have it to randomly use at the end of some other "ink" word (like singink)?

She may have been hangin' around bonus mom Meri lately.  Meri is notorious for dropping her g's at the end of words... goin'...doin'...havin'.  It drives me bananas (hehe) when she uses "gonna" in place of "going to".  It may be an acceptable norm in plyg households and schools as Christine and Robyn are also somewhat guilty of these lazy speech patterns.  Janelle by contrast, has clear, crisp diction.

• Love 3
On 5/15/2019 at 5:08 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

NOOOO!!

Truely, please don't go to that side- stay with us!

You were our only hope for a female brownite to make it out safe.

We had high hopes for you (I could feel some snarkiness swirling around  in that blonde head)

YOU were the one who was going to show kody that not all of his daughters grew up wrong.

Ugh ok we still have a few more yrs, maybe this was a weak moment.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I thought you had to be a certain age to have a IG account? I remember my nephew had to wait until he was 13 to be on FB.

I don't remember where I read this, but I remember reading that Truely's Instagram was overseen by Ysabel, so anything "written" or hashtags etc would be from her. I wouldn't be surprised if Christine's daughters help her out with the social media side of online selling.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, Sandy W said:

She may have been hangin' around bonus mom Meri lately.  Meri is notorious for dropping her g's at the end of words... goin'...doin'...havin'.  It drives me bananas (hehe) when she uses "gonna" in place of "going to".  It may be an acceptable norm in plyg households and schools as Christine and Robyn are also somewhat guilty of these lazy speech patterns.  Janelle by contrast, has clear, crisp diction.

How do you pronounce ing at the end of a word?

14 minutes ago, Higgins said:

How do you pronounce ing at the end of a word?

I don't know about Sandy but I had some really strict schooling so I pronounce nothing as nothing and something as something.  No dropping on the "g's" allowed in my upbringing.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't know about Sandy but I had some really strict schooling so I pronounce nothing as nothing and something as something.  No dropping on the "g's" allowed in my upbringing.

Hard G? 

2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yes.

When it's at the end of the word, we pronounce the /ŋ/, with no /g/ following it.  For the words ending in the letters "nk", we pronounce /ŋk/. 

43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm sure her energy level is approaching zero these days, but while she was putting on those earrings she could have slapped a bit of foundation on her nose. I've suddenly got Rudolph playing in my head...

• LOL 4
11 minutes ago, Higgins said:

When it's at the end of the word, we pronounce the /ŋ/, with no /g/ following it. 

We being?  Are saying it's a regional thing?  I was taught to pronounce it as designated in the dictionary.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

We being?  Are saying it's a regional thing?  I was taught to pronounce it as designated in the dictionary.

I'm saying that a hard G following IN ending a word is not pronounced in North American English.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I'm saying that a hard G following IN ending a word is not pronounced in North American English.

Not sure where you are coming from with that.  Do you have a source?

I live in North America and speak English and I was taught to pronounce the g.  To end in "in'" was considered lazy and we got demerits for it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Not sure where you are coming from with that.  Do you have a source?

I live in North America and speak English and I was taught to pronounce the g.  To end in "in'" was considered lazy and we got demerits for it.

1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Y'all, obviously not everybody in North America uses the same pronunciation. There's a whole school of grammar studies dedicated to observing how people actually speak (descriptive grammar) instead of enforcing standard rules (prescriptive grammar). There is a time and place for the use of Standard American English, but it's usually in writing, and as much as I enjoy the other snark around here, I try to not to snark on their speech. As a Southerner, I'm well aware that people wrongfully judge intelligence and level of education based on dialect and accent (also think about "ghetto" dialects and their speakers), and while the Browns and their ilk might lack in both, there are  other people who speak like them who do not. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Y'all, obviously not everybody in North America uses the same pronunciation.

Precisely.  To say everyone uses the same North American English is incorrect.  There are all kinds of regional dialects.  

• Love 12
8 hours ago, sucker4reality said:

Y'all, obviously not everybody in North America uses the same pronunciation. There's a whole school of grammar studies dedicated to observing how people actually speak (descriptive grammar) instead of enforcing standard rules (prescriptive grammar). There is a time and place for the use of Standard American English, but it's usually in writing, and as much as I enjoy the other snark around here, I try to not to snark on their speech. As a Southerner, I'm well aware that people wrongfully judge intelligence and level of education based on dialect and accent (also think about "ghetto" dialects and their speakers), and while the Browns and their ilk might lack in both, there are  other people who speak like them who do not. 

Agreed.  Unfortunately, I doubt the sniping about the speech pattern will cease as it has been highlighted multiple times that they speak using a recognized American dialect in use by a whole region of the country yet it is still the go to easy slam especially if there is little else to ding them on.  the two most recognized characteristics is the pronunciation of the "ing" sound and the "eel" sound.

• Love 7