Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

They way these stupid characters are written, I want them all, excluding Robin and Robert, punched in the face extremely hard. A.J. and Georgie can come back in corporal form and punch everyone. A.J. get the guys and Georgie the girls. 3 punches each (face, throat and gut).

I liked teen Liz and LnL2, but this delusional passive aggressive bat shit crazy wingnut Liz needs consequences. I know, GH, she isn't the only one. What the fuck is the purpose of story telling if the fallout is always half assed or skipped? It's not the secret, it's the freaking fallout!!!

The writers and executives punch will come soon enough when the clusterfuck is canceled.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 7

And honestly, nothing is even happening. Other than the boring Julexis proposal, its just been a bunch of filler. Big events are supposed to be big things on soaps.

Apparently my DVR agreed and refused to record Monday's show.  Wonder if it will protest again today!  So continues the rise of the machines....

• Love 1

Part of the problem with punishing Nik is that -especially after Emily died - there's very little that he cares about other than money and his Copkilla spawn

And Spencer wasn't even as important as getting laid by a tumor ghost. I think, in descending order, it's getting laid, money, spawn.

• Love 7

Apparently my DVR agreed and refused to record Monday's show. Wonder if it will protest again today! So continues the rise of the machines....

Well, to get all technical, unless you have your dvr to record new and repeats, it didn't record because it was a repeat. It aired on Friday, but was interrupted. Had it not aired at all and pushed to Monday, your dvr would have recorded it.

Well, to get all technical, unless you have your dvr to record new and repeats, it didn't record because it was a repeat. It aired on Friday, but was interrupted. Had it not aired at all and pushed to Monday, your dvr would have recorded it.

Thanks, I have a series recording set and on Monday a NEW episode was scheduled, but did not record.  The repeat on Friday did record,  So, my conjecture that the DVR is helping me make a decision is still in place.  LOL

• Love 1

I can't imagine I'm sorry would have been enough for Laura if it had been Lucky - and Laura had two other living children while Monica believed all 4 of her children had been murdered

Laura does owe her an apology and Monica deserves to light into her for discounting years of friendship, ignoring basic principles of empathy and participating in such a cruel lie

But she wasn't allowed to say shit about AJ so this will probably play out the same way

I'd love to see Tracy take up the cudgels on Monica's behalf though.

Gosh. Wow. I totally forgot that every single one of Monica's kids died at the hands of a murderer. Except Jason, we still have him-aren't we *lucky*. It's too bad Monica is still barely shown and Leslie doesn't seem to mind it much anymore, because when I think of a strong woman on GH-Monica is probably the strongest of all.

Not too many people can lose all their kids-whether at the same time or at different times-and still remain standing.

• Love 1

So I went and looked up the show so I could see GH: Scorpio Edition. (Spoiler: Not worthwhile.) Freya's Cats, people... this is just baaaaad.

First off, I have to sit there and watch Franco show up to 'protect' Liz and toss imperious looks at Jason as he says 'you don't have to defend yourself to him!' What. The ever. Fucking fuck. is that? Jason is far from a character I even give two craps about. As far as I'm concerned, the day they rolled him off the docks was one of the best days of GH ever... but Franco needs to never speak to Jason... much less get on his high horse with Elizabeth at him.

And it didn't get better after that. I skipped over as much as I possible could... but had the misfortune of seeing Liz 'drunkenly' throw Laura under the bus. Are you kidding me? First of all... did Jason 'rage' at Liz? I don't know if nuJason does that or not. He seemed extremely low key during that whole situation. There's Laura, apologizing like a human person who feels bad about her part in this... and Liz comes up to basically go 'Well, she knew too... why do you have to be so angry at me! You can spread your rage around now!'

Look, Liz was never my favorite but I didn't hate her... but this? Jason doesn't need any rage. I've got it all! What the fuck? What is with these writers? It's like they cannot bear to have characters actually suffer the merest hint of a consequence. You've got Dante who is all 'whatevs. I fucked someone else, lied about it for months and... cripes... why is Lulu so angry about this? Still? After a week? GOD!!' and now Liz can't seem to exist for two seconds without getting Franco to step up for her or to throw anyone around her out as a human shield against Jason's alleged rage.

I didn't really need a confirmation that not watching this dreck was a good idea but... wow. WOW. This is abysmal.

• Love 17
I assumed my hatred for the Jiz storyline was known by one and all so my hyperbole didn't really need an explanation. No, I don't want BH punched but I am sick of Liez bitchface and if I don't see the character for about 6 months, it's still 6 months too fucking soon.

While I don't want BH punched, I do want to see someone punch that smug smirk off of Liz's face. During this storyline, BH has been doing something with Liz's mouth that is so unattractive and annoying. It's a whole new level to Liz's iconic bitch face. Kudos to BH for playing such a conniving, scheming liar on the verge of a breakdown. With Patrick gone, Liz is going to be short on friends. I hope they either let her character go full-on bitch and wreak havoc on PC or fade into obscurity. 

The other day, I was happy to see Sam and Maxie share a scene for a split second. I hope they remember they're friends in 2016.

Edited by Baxter
  • Love 5

Michael to Jason "I heard what Liz did to you, it sucks"

That is how lame the fallout has been. Everyone's reaction including Jason, Sam and even the loudest of then al,l Carly, has been so mediocre they might have just had them roll their eyes and kept it moving.

If I wasn't watching and only hearing from Liz. I'd think she was being treated like the piece of shyt she really is. She must have been expecting applause for her actions.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 8

I think the new writers are attempting to placate Liz fans by underplaying the fallout.

The problem with that is that it makes it look like it was no big deal for Liz to do this - which implies that Liz was not only capable of doing this but also that no one should be particularly surprised by it.

That's awful. It's bad storytelling, it does nothing to develop or grow the character and it's boring as shite.

• Love 11

Why are soap writers such weenies anymore? (Show runners, too, let's be honest.)

They go out of their way to brag about how edgy and hardcore they can be by taking a storyline over the line but they completely wimp out on the fallout. And the fallout is probably more important than the build up. What does it matter if you cross the line if you don't complete the story by playing out the consequences? If you don't complete the circle then it's just a bunch of noise that means absolutely nothing in the long run.

And then they wonder why their numbers fall.

• Love 16

I think the new writers are attempting to placate Liz fans by underplaying the fallout.

The problem with that is that it makes it look like it was no big deal for Liz to do this - which implies that Liz was not only capable of doing this but also that no one should be particularly surprised by it.

That's awful. It's bad storytelling, it does nothing to develop or grow the character and it's boring as shite.

Since when do these fakakta writers care about the real fans of this show? I see it as the opposite. If by placating the Liz fans, they think to make her look more delusional, pathetic and even more out of character? Then that's a huge big FAIL. Hell, making her keep this secret was fucking out of character.  They wrote themselves into a corner, with no idea or plan what to do when it all came out.

So no, I don't see this as "placating" the Liz fans. At all.

• Love 7
So I went and looked up the show so I could see GH: Scorpio Edition. (Spoiler: Not worthwhile.) Freya's Cats, people... this is just baaaaad.

This isn't GH: Scorpio Edition.

It's GH: Scor.... and Now We Return You to GH: Shit You Don't Want to See and Why You Quit Watching Last Spring

• Love 11

Since when do these fakakta writers care about the real fans of this show? I see it as the opposite. If by placating the Liz fans, they think to make her look more delusional, pathetic and even more out of character? Then that's a huge big FAIL. Hell, making her keep this secret was fucking out of character.  They wrote themselves into a corner, with no idea or plan what to do when it all came out.

Seriously! If anything these writers are telling Liz fans, that they don't give a shit about us, and that we aren't important in terms of viewership. 

• Love 5

No, Michael, Sonny did not adopt you and raise you, he stole you by putting your real dad on a meathook. Not that I blame him for walking out on Sabrina.

HeatLifer called it that Robin would be all "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."  I think Patrick could do better than 'You have nothing to be sorry about." I liked that he just hugged her and held her close, that he wasn't trying to kiss her (after everything that's happened).  I find it odd that he and Anna are all teary with relief while Robert is just happy and "Never let you go again." What Tristan directed to be just smiley and pretty much emotionless? I don't get it.  And why does a single Interpol agent come for a sociopath like Jerry? You'd think a whole team would show up. Writing fail.

So Carly's words send Elizabeth fleeing to the roof to cry alone, while Sam and Jason connect a little and then NIkolas shows his true colors as well as his contempt for Jason and punches him.  Okay, whatever.

I did like Tracy telling off Paul, though. Had to tune out Maxie and Dillon toasting the loser psychos. UGH.

• Love 3

Well.

India. Arie was lovely.

Sam insisting still that the breakup was mutual was funny, plus her insistence that she doesn't love present Jason, while grinning like mad when he gives her his coat and when she leaves grinning like Jake Ryan just invited her to the prom.

Sure, Sam, sure.

Carly continues to behave like an overly involved Mother.

And Michael? That adoption was illegal. You were STOLEN from AJ.

Ugh, this show.

• Love 3

That is how lame the fallout has been. Everyone's reaction in including Jason, Sam and even the lowest of then all Carly, has been so mediocre they might have just had them roll their eyes and kept it moving.

When murders are hand waved and forgotten why should people lose their shit over a lie?

I think soaps across the board suck at fallout anymore. 

• Love 2

Why are soap writers such weenies anymore? (Show runners, too, let's be honest.)

They go out of their way to brag about how edgy and hardcore they can be by taking a storyline over the line but they completely wimp out on the fallout. And the fallout is probably more important than the build up. What does it matter if you cross the line if you don't complete the story by playing out the consequences? If you don't complete the circle then it's just a bunch of noise that means absolutely nothing in the long run.

And then they wonder why their numbers fall.

It's bizarre. What happened to a good old fashioned someone does something bad, they are remorseful, but the other person can't forgive them (and that's fine, because while person a is sincerely remorseful, they also did a really crappy thing)? Like, re: Dante and Lulu, I can't tell if they're afraid of having Lulu come off as a bitch if she didn't forgive a remorseful Dante, or if they're afraid Dante will come off as "unmanly" if he's too regretful, so they have Lulu make plaaaans so Dante doesn't seem like too much of a a) dick or b) a wimp.

• Love 3

I don't understand why the show is playing like Jason and Nikolas were ever adversarial sworn enemies.  That...never happened, yes?

Yeah, they were never best friends, but they were never enemies that I can recall. I think they always "respected" each other or whatever because of Emily.

• Love 1

So now the writers think we've never heard of Shakespeare, and they can steal part of one of his plots (from Romeo and Juliet) where a character takes a drug to simulate death? (And ironically years ago didn't Robin act the role of Juliet in her school play with juvenile friend Stone?) I guess this year's Christmas miracle for the show is Robin's escape. "Robin Reborn".

I thought Paul was planning to use Ava's pink panties to tie her up, but he used his own evening dress tie instead. Tracy sure got an eyeful. She really looked shocked.

Nik and Jason were like two gorillas fighting.

Sabrina is so selfish. She never gave Michael a chance to say he might not want to support and bring up another man's child.

• Love 1

Is Nik that stupid that he thinks he can take on Jason in a fight?

DeLurking to say the whole situation was just stoopid. Why would Nik go out of his way to provoke Jason who doesn't even remember who he is anyway even though he knows the truth. And what he was saying about doing Jason a favor by keeping up the lie made no sense either.

I did, however, like the Jason/Sam scenes. I really like how she's not pushing him to love her and remember what they had. I hope this continues.

Everything else was just bad. This is the first time I've watched a full episode of GH in years usually I watch certain clips on YT. But I'm on vacation this week and there was nothing else on so I watched. I didn't realize how horrible the acting has gotten, even from the veterans and how generic the sets are too.

Unpopular opinion - The Robin stuff was boring. I don't think she hung the moon like most here. Though I like the actress, I always thought the character was just okay. I just don't care about any of them i.e. Robin/Patrick, Anna etc. and think KMc, FH, TR etc were dull as dishwater in their scenes. No excitement. No passion. No urgency. No nothing. Very dull.

Another unpopular opinion - I loved Carly telling Liz to go take that ring off. LOL. I was like sing sister. I mean really. Is Liz that delusional? And to think I used to love that character. What has happened to her??

Edited by Enero
  • Love 9

This is horrible. Craptastick shit. Nowhere near the emotion-filled punch that was GH: Scorpios 2013. Yet...yet...it's all Kimberly and Finola. Had me weeping.

Well, I got two out of three right; there were tears, blubbering and confessions of love from Patrick. But no begging for forgiveness.

And Robin didn't look that happy when Patrick was hugging her. She looked...like she was scared. I'm going to blame it on the drug, because, I'm getting nothing from her and Patrick. There should be more. There should be something more, dammit!

And I'm going with it being Tristan so very Happy to see Kimberly to explain that scene. I mean, you had that AMAZING SCENE, of Robert and Robin hugging back in 2013, and here? They just look at each other?

The best line had to be from Robin, telling Anna, that she was her kid, after all, explaining how she was able to fake her death.

Every single "writer" on this show can just FUCK OFF and DIE. Sri Rao could have done this storyline justice. As it is, we got just four minutes with the Scorpios, if that.

Robert should have double tapped Jerry. I just know we'll hear that he escaped and is in the wind.

And Nik couldn't have been more clear that he doesn't give any figgedy fucks about Sam.

• Love 7

I'm really glad that Liz took the ring off. As a Liz fan, I'm hoping this is the beginning of her moving on, especially since they are reuniting Jasam at warp speed.

Jason and Nik fighting was just stupid. What exactly is the point of Nik going off the roof?

• Love 4

Nowhere near the emotion-filled punch that was GH: Scorpios 2013.

Oh, this was never going to touch that.  Cynically, this was a hastily constructed patch, designed to a) dig Robin out of the hole Ron left in her after her 2014 exit, b) help set up Patrick's exit, and c) get them some "Fall in Love with GH!" press with Robin and Robert's returns.

But still...I like these characters.  I like these actors.  I vastly prefer it to a lot of the other garbage going on.

• Love 6

And while I'm at it, Prince Phillip's kiss waking Aurora was done much better and was more believable than that buss that Patrick "bestowed" on the corner of Robin's mouth.

Just sayin'. 

The Drakes better not leave this show a la Luke and Laura on the run if they learn Jerry escaped.

Oh, this was never going to touch that.  Cynically, this was a hastily constructed patch, designed to a) dig Robin out of the hole Ron left in her after her 2014 exit, b) help set up Patrick's exit, and c) get them some "Fall in Love with GH!" press with Robin and Robert's returns.

But still...I like these characters.  I like these actors.  I vastly prefer it to a lot of the other garbage going on.

OH, I know. And I agree, but still, I was hoping Kimberly, Tristan, Finola, Jason, could have just made me believe, or just packed in the emotion. Erh, I'm not explaining myself clearly, but y'all know what I mean! They're all capable of rising above the shit writing. And what I saw today, showed me, they didn't.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

KMc and JT did their best to sell the crappy material, but I thought Robert and Anna came off weirdly ho hum. I blame Jerry. Of course Robin starts apologizing.

Ava and Paul are so gross.

Jason and Nik's fight was so badly done.

• Love 2

DeLurking to say the whole situation was just stoopid. Why would Nik go out of his way to provoke Jason who doesn't even remember who he is anyway even though he knows the truth. And what he was saying about doing Jason a favor by keeping up the lie made no sense either.

I did, however, like the Jason/Sam scenes. I really like how she's not pushing him to love her and remember what they had. I hope this continues.

Everything else was just bad. This is the first time I've watched a full episode of GH in years usually I watch certain clips on YT. But I'm on vacation this week and there was nothing else on so I watched. I didn't realize how horrible the acting has gotten, even from the veterans and how generic the sets are too.

Unpopular opinion - The Robin stuff was boring. I don't think she hung the moon like most here. Though I like the actress, I always thought the character was just okay. I just don't care about any of them i.e. Robin/Patrick, Anna etc. and think KMc, FH, TR etc were dull as dishwater in their scenes. No excitement. No passion. No urgency. No nothing. Very dull.

Another unpopular opinion - I loved Carly telling Liz to go take that ring off. LOL. I was like sing sister. I mean really. Is Liz that delusional? And to think I used to love that character. What has happened to her??

It probably is unpopular, but IDC. Robin has always bored me, and I've never cared about any of her SL's. Robert is fun, if paired with someone else fun, but he can also be boring if paired with the wrong person in a scene. I go back and forth on Anna. I think she's  a huge hypocrite, but-everyone in this town is a hypocrite of the highest order, so eh.

• Love 3

KMc and JT did their best to sell the crappy material

I thought they were great together. I bought their love and that's 100% due to the actors. I teared up, no lie. And I LOL'd when Patrick legit smirked when he told her he's no longer with Sam.

HeatLifer called it that Robin would be all "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I think Patrick could do better than 'You have nothing to be sorry about."

Always knew she would. I thought she was heartbreaking. Loves that man so much that she was willing to walk away after everything for him to be happy with Sammy. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Why not?  Anna killing Carlos in cold blood has been retconned.  Carlos killed Duke and will now get a HEA with a pregnant Sabrina. Sam got away with terrorizing Jake as a baby and no one knows but Jason, Liz, Lucky, Spin, Amelia, Maureen and Sonny (kidnapping, only!).    Sonny, Carly, Franco, et all have done far worse than Liz not telling Jason his real identity.   

BH talks about being angry at the OCC writing for her character in the latest SOD.

• Love 6

Which is exactly why IDGAF any more about the "lie".

Ron Carlivati, JP, FV, SA and the network!  BH has been stellar with the shitty crap done to her eighteen year old character.

• Love 2

When murders are hand waved and forgotten why should people lose their shit over a lie?

I think soaps across the board suck at fallout anymore. 

Exactly.  Jake Doe's lazy behind spent months not caring about his past until two weeks before his wedding to Liz.

I'm really glad that Liz took the ring off. As a Liz fan, I'm hoping this is the beginning of her moving on, especially since they are reuniting Jasam at warp speed.

Jason and Nik fighting was just stupid. What exactly is the point of Nik going off the roof?

LMAO!  

It probably is unpopular, but IDC. Robin has always bored me, and I've never cared about any of her SL's.

She didn't bore me in the '90s (remember her telling the Sarah Brown Carly, "Please. You're as common as dirt"?), but her whole return has been a wet match that won't ignite for about ten years now. I've pretty much yawned through everything involving her in the 2000s, from the mad scramble to save Jason that brought her back to town, to the Patrick/Lisa marital intrigue, to the endless kidnappings and hostage situations. I won't miss her.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

Rebecca Budig: I want the people of Port Charles to know [Rebecca Budig] is here to stay!

Me: Ugh, we know.  Can you please get on with taking down Nikolas?

Also, P.C. asks, "who"?

re: Nik in a fight with Jason, if I were Nik, I'd assume I could beat NuJason too.

What is the poooooooooooint of the baby being Carlos'? It would make sense if Michael was still mad at Sonny but they're chummier than ever. It better be Michael's at some point, I don't care how improbable.

• Love 3

Even with the horribly redecorated Quartermaine Crypt, awful lighting, poor blocking and pathetic writing, I teared up during parts of the Scorpio reunion.

Why couldn't they have let Sri write this? He's a person who actually watched this soap and knows the Scorpio family.

I'm calling it now, Jerry escapes and Scrubs go on the run/ go into hiding in order to prevent Robin from being kidnapped again.

So Nicholas is now the 4th person to be thrown over a building or parapet in the past 2 years. They all lived, so why won't he? Falling off buildings are like brain surgery and gun shot wounds to the arm on this show. He will be up and walking in no time.

Why don't they use better lighting with this show.

• Love 3