Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Actually, she forgot one brother because she has three.  Though I guess she could have left off Nikolas because she's related to him via Laura, not Luke and therefore Valerie isn't related.

Wow, it took me a looonnngg time to remember Nathan. Maybe they're just pretending that never happened? It seems unlike Lulu to not include Nik, even if he isn't blood related to the new cousin. And I would really prefer that we all forget about Nathan. After all, we have a new one.

• Love 2

Wow, it took me a looonnngg time to remember Nathan. Maybe they're just pretending that never happened? It seems unlike Lulu to not include Nik, even if he isn't blood related to the new cousin. And I would really prefer that we all forget about Nathan. After all, we have a new one.

But that forgotten brother, Ethan, now looks like a find when you put him next to many of Ron's hires. And hey, Nathan Parsons got the last laugh. He seems to be doing well outside of GH!

• Love 6

I can see why she didn't say "I have three brothers but only two are related to you" seems a little weird, especially since she just met this woman and probably didn't want to bore her with the whole family tree.

Rebecca Budig must have been wearing Eau de Romantic Rival because as soon as Liz opened the door and saw a pretty woman on her doorstep, her expression and tone of voice completely changed, heh.  It was very, "Excuse you, bitch, I'm trying to get laid here."

I can see why she didn't say "I have three brothers but only two are related to you" seems a little weird, especially since she just met this woman and probably didn't want to bore her with the whole family tree.

Wait till poor Valerie finds out that she has a monster like Carly swinging from that tree.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Liz already giving sideeye was so weird. Was she always this like...what's the word I'm looking for....I don't even know. But I miss her being sweet. We need more characters like that 'cause there are none!

Rebecca Budig must have been wearing Eau de Romantic Rival because as soon as Liz opened the door and saw a pretty woman on her doorstep, her expression and tone of voice completely changed, heh.  It was very, "How dare you I interrupt me while I'm about to get laid, bitch."

Wait till poor Valerie finds out that she has a monster like Carly swinging from that tree.

It's Liz's own damned fault. Not that RB's character is on the up and up, but to get involved with a dude when you have no clue about his past and whether he has a wife (and does, just not this woman) and family? She's a dumbass. And Jakeson is a passive-aggressive idiot who deserves this complication for not even trying to piece things together.

Liz already giving sideeye was so weird. Was she always this like...what's the word I'm looking for....I don't even know. But I miss her being sweet. We need more characters like that 'cause there are none!

I know we'll never agree, but I think bitchy is Liz's default. The sweet stuff is saved for the men in her sights.

• Love 9

If I was about to get it on with a hot man, for the first time, and some stranger showed up at my door, I'd probably give her *all* of the side eye.

• Love 6

Well so much for love in the afternoon. One kiss, one date, they head upstairs to have sex, but before they can, the amnesiacs wife shows up out of nowhere. There isn't even a relationship before there is an obstacle.

This had got Ric's fingerprints all over it. How does the wife know to show up at Liz's? 

I don't know about Valerie but when Elaine Stritch appears on my doorstep holding heat, I know I do as I'm told.

jsbt for the win!

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 5

If I was about to get it on with a hot man, for the first time, and some stranger showed up at my door, I'd probably give her *all* of the side eye.

Lol. But sometimes I think Becky rushes to that facial expression without thinking, "Liz has no idea who this is. So she shouldn't be feeling any type of way until Budig's character says 'his wife.'"

• Love 2

The adorable:

All the monchichi humor with Scotty's hair

Sonny punching Spin repeatedly and all his faces at that coackroach's outlandishness

Dante and Nathan....MEOW! (he knows purple is my favorite color! loved the hoodie)

Nina and Alexis( MSt and NLG work well together)

Dante holding Georgie...awww

The good:

Dante with Maxie

Valerie in general

Ava might die!

Liz getting cockblocked. heh!

The bad:

That ridiculous fight where Nathan in any way shape or form was "tired" please

Tracy being semi-racist when she has a black brother

Slias taking like an hour to spit out one statement

Maxie's hair...gurl you should sue

The unwatchable:

Luke

Liz and Jake..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you FF Liz and Jake and skip to the end on Silas and Ava the rest wasn't half bad.

• Love 1

I'm starting to wish Cameron would burn down Shriners Hospital.

I guffawed. 

I don't know about Valerie but when Elaine Stritch appears on my doorstep holding heat, I know I do as I'm told.

I am still laughing about this. I keep thinking about it and then laughing again.

I liked today's ep. I ffwd all things Nina/Franco and the Ava/Silas stuff though. I think this week has been pretty decent.

Dante was on fire in every way today. Swoon! I love the Dante/Nathan partnership so much. RP is at his best with DZ (and FH). Also, there's still a part of me that ships Dante/Maxie so I got a little flutter in my heart when she said she loved him.

Valerie seems great already, but I shudder to think what they'd do with her if she becomes a bigger part.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

Dante was on fire in every way today. Swoon! I love the Dante/Nathan partnership so much. RP is at his best with DZ (and FH). Also, there's still a part of me that ships Dante/Maxie so I got a little flutter in my heart when she said she loved him.

:narrows eyes: First she's got to change out of that . . . goth frock pioneer thing she is wearing. But no I thought it was sweet when she said that she loved him, cause those two have a mutual affection that I don't know if it can be called friendship, so that was nice.

I just want Dante to randomly come into scenes and say "this is a bad idea on so many levels" and then wander back out.

Also it was too bad he was not in Kelly's yesterday because "this is gonna backfire on both of you" and "this is a bad idea on so many levels" would have TRULY applied to Kiki and Morgan's idea. Because as opposed to drugging Michael, there is indeed actually a level or two where Nathan beating up Spinelli is a good idea!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
there is indeed actually a level or two where Nathan beating up Spinelli is a good idea!

Okay THIS almost makes up for :

If Spin wins (or "wins") Nathan can go. I like the guy okay but he's not needed.

THIS!<side eyes>

Dante was on fire in every way today. Swoon! I love the Dante/Nathan partnership so much. RP is at his best with DZ . 

And seeTHIS as rebuttal to above. (you're a peach, peachmangosteen <wink>)

• Love 2

I just want Dante to randomly come into scenes and say "this is a bad idea on so many levels" and then wander back out.

Oh man that would be perfect. Someone should at least do youtube videos where they add in Dante saying that after most scenes on this show.

• Love 4

Ava might die!

Can we just skip to the part where Silas finds a miracle cure and Ava fucks him as a show of gratitude? Or maybe the they'll have grief sex first and then she'll fuck him again once he finds a cure.

• Love 3

Rebecca Budig hadn't even spoken yet and Liz's expression switched over into "bitchy glare directed at romantic rival" mode.  She could have been her new next-door neighbor.  She could have been a passing motorist who needed help.  Hell, maybe she was there to return invisible Aiden.  It made me chuckle, not gonna lie.

I hope this doesn't go the way of the Nina and ends in Rebecca Budig becoming obessed with Jake(son) and drugging his Yoo-Hoo so she can "humorously" attempt to rape him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Today was the type of episode you can FF through most of it.  I'll start with the stuff I liked; it'll be a short

Nathan and Dante are great together.  Why isn't Dante in a major storyline rather than a side story?  DZ is just so natural in his scenes, and I did enjoy the banter back and forth between the two characters.  I genuinely enjoy the friendship between these two guys.  The banter with DZ and KS was good too.  

Sonny/Spinelli/Nathan/Maxie/Dante - The entire set up is stupid, but I did enjoy watching the characters in more of a comedic scene.

Lulu/Tracey/new girl - Color me intrigued by this story twist.

I love Kin Shriner.  He makes any scene fun, regardless of who is working opposite against.  I have always loved Scotty, and I think he's a character that should be utilized more.  I wish he was more in the Luke story because those two have LONG history together, but instead he's wasted on Nina and Franco

The Bad:

Liz and Jake.  I'm sorry, but those two are so boring, and the dialogue was SO cheesy.  It's just cringeworthy.  It was like watching two teenagers meeting at their lockers and trying to tell each other that they are really into each other.  It's too much smiling and shyness for two adults, but whatever.  I was able to FF through much of them.

Nina and Franco.  Yeah, I have never seen two more useless characters with no purpose on a soap the way those two are on GH.  Enough said.  The only thing that made me pause at their scenes was Scotty.

Ava and Silas - they weren't bad at all, but I'm tired of teh Ava pity train.  First it was "Sonny is trying to kill me."  Then it was "My BABY!  Someone took my baby!"  Then it was "I have to get my baby back!" and now it's "Tell me the truth, I'm dying, right?"  I can't anymore.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 6

Aside from He Who Shall Not Be Named, i really enjoyed today even Nina & Franco.

The Valerie actress is gorgeous and I liked her vibe with Lulu & Tracy. Jane did a great job with the black daughter dialogue.

Dante's new haircut and shirt were great; I want that shirt.

Maura is continuing to kill it, but they need to get Ava back to Port Charles and interacting with different people. It's painful having to watch her carry Michael Easton through their scenes.

• Love 3
Nathan and Dante are great together.  Why isn't Dante in a major storyline rather than a side story? DZ is just so natural in his scenes

I love Kin Shriner.  He makes any scene fun, regardless of who is working opposite against.  I have always loved Scotty, and I think he's a character that should be utilized more.

Dante and Franco should switch dads! The scenes between Heather and Sonny where he confronts her about why she never told him she was pregnant will be Emmy worthy!

(But for real, you just answered your own question. DZ's style is "natural". Nina, Franco, Spencer . . . theirs are  . . . . not.) Although I won't count the actual actor here in the case of Spencer because the kid is too young to have a style yet, so I should the character is not naturalistic.

Ava and Silas - they weren't bad at all, but I'm tired of teh Ava pity train.  First it was "Sonny is trying to kill me."  Then it was "My BABY!  Someone took my baby!"  Then it was "I have to get my baby back!" and now it's "Tell me the truth, I'm dying, right?"  I can't anymore.

Yeah. I don't know if they're doing this to soften her up for the audience in general or just Silas, but if it's the latter, there's really no need to this. It's not like he's such a bleeding heart himself.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

If they insist on doing this Silas/Ava crap to keep ME employed, just make him go horribly dark. Turn Silas into a raging drunk or addict and a scheming doctor working with Ava as he surrenders to his family's worst tendencies; make him her kept stud. That's the only thing that would work.

• Love 5

LOVED Anna and Olivia, finally a voice of reason on the whole Sonny parenting issue.  If Sonny really loved his children, he would back off.  Liv was spot on about Sonny not seeing the damage he inflicts on the ones he supposedly loves.

Anna and Olivia's scene served to tell me one thing.  For all the propping everyone seems to hate Sonny getting, I don't know how much of it can be put on Ron.  He came in with a canvas full of characters in his orbit quite regularly and would normally be props or apologists of him, so he was just writing them as he thought they normally would act around him.  He knew very well there are characters who think the opposite of him and writes them accordingly, too.  It's not really his fault that so many of the characters would normally support Sonny rather than reject or ignore him.

I do wish that even his supporters would call him on things a bit more than they do, but other than that, I think Ron's done the best he can with the canvas he has.

That said, the fact that he still turned one of Sonny's former supporters so badly against him and had him right a wrong he did to someone else years and years ago has made this more than worth it.

• Love 6

If they insist on doing this Silas/Ava crap to keep ME employed, just make him go horribly dark. Turn Silas into a raging drunk or addict and a scheming doctor working with Ava as he surrenders to his family's worst tendencies; make him her kept stud. That's the only thing that would work.

So you want him to be like a Quartermaine?

• Love 3
love Kin Shriner.  He makes any scene fun, regardless of who is working opposite against.  I have always loved Scotty, and I think he's a character that should be utilized more.  I wish he was more in the Luke story because those two have LONG history together, but instead he's wasted on Nina and Franco

The Bad:

Liz and Jake.  I'm sorry, but those two are so boring, and the dialogue was SO cheesy.  It's just cringeworthy.  It was like watching two teenagers meeting at their lockers and trying to tell each other that they are really into each other.  It's too much smiling and shyness for two adults, but whatever.  I was able to FF through much of them.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm sad Scotty's visit was about helping Franco, not disowning him.  Anti-swoon!  Also, didn't you guys tell me Scotty got his ear bitten off?

I'm sure Scott's ears are suddenly magic and can regenerate. What? Ridiculous? This is the same hack who wrote a talking dog. Either shut off the brain and go with it, or go bald as you pull the hair from your head in frustration and/or rage.

• Love 1

Awww, I have a soft spot for Princess David Vickers.

I didn't see the scenes - what was the point of Luke biting (off) Scotty's ear?

So we'd all see a giant closeup of Luke's mouth...b/c it wouldn't be TG swan song unless we were treated to THAT.

No really I think it was b/c they needed to use a creepy Hannibal Lector mask in this custerfuck somehow.

I truely think they sit in the writers room with some MacGyver like props and try to figure out how to sandwich them in the Fluke story. Let's see an old Halloween mask, a gym shoe and a mop head.....hummm

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

I truely think they sit in the writers room with some MacGyver like props and try to figure out how to sandwich them in the Fluke story. Let's see an old Halloween mask, a gym shoe and a mop head.....hummm

I think Geary really has mild dementia and/ or a pain pill issue and he's demanding some of this outlandish awful stuff and no one knows how to tell him no and so we get crap like him screaming "I am Luuuuuuuuke Spennnncerrrr!" and Hannibal Luke. I mean, no one in their right mind can possibly think any of this a good idea.

• Love 6

I'm sure Scott's ears are suddenly magic and can regenerate. What? Ridiculous? This is the same hack who wrote a talking dog. Either shut off the brain and go with it, or go bald as you pull the hair from your head in frustration and/or rage.

They mentioned in the episode that it happened that they were able to re-attach the ear.

JSBT - ON FIRE!!!  You've got a lot of us laughing out loud for the next few days just over this image.  Now I will live in fear that Geary will be belting out "The Ladies Who Lunch" at the Nurses Ball.

I'm a Dante convert - and I'm becoming increasingly devout.  The man MAKES SENSE.  And how often does that happen in the Town Mind Forgot?  Plus, he's looking particularly good these days.  I'm also willing to start lighting a candle for Det. Kitty.  He's really enjoyable with Dante and Anna and I think his delivery has improved a lot since he started.  Plus, he just gives off this easy-going vibe.  

I still would like him to beat Spinelli into gooseberry jam, though.  I see absolutely NO reason for mercy.   When has Spinelli shown US mercy?  At least sew his mouth shut and dump him in the harbor.  Or lock him in a room with Spencer and give him a taste of his own medicine.

I'm starting to wish Cameron would burn down Shriners Hospital.

JSBT - You've now lit that fire TWICE today.  Poowwah Spenthaw, all buwndt up.    Let me mix your drink and get you that pillow.  And ONLY cashews for you, only the best!  

Yup, more Dante all the time.  And with this Show, he'll have steady employment and plenty of scenes if he JUST says this to family members - including Lulu.  Just make that shirt he's wearing today his official "This is a Bad Idea" uniform.

Awww, I have a soft spot for Princess David Vickers.

Me too.  Loved Princess David Vickers - and loved the actual David Vickers too.  As I remember, this was when the Ford Brothers were actively trying to destroy our sanity every minute of the show, so Princess was a welcome relief.  

I only wish he could write the same quality for Luke that he did for the dog.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

That boxing match was the stupidest thing I ever saw on a show that if full of stupid things.

I'm not even sure you could call it a "boxing" match.  Nathan was trying to box.  Spinelli was running a race.  If that had had to go to a decision for the outcome, Nathan would've won by default.  What exactly was Spinelli trying to prove there?  That he can run fast?  Of course, he's going to get exactly what he wanted.  "Oh, Nathan, how could you?!" exclaims Maxie.  RME  Yes, Nathan, how could you?  How could you let the little weasel manipulate you so easily?

Since when has Sonny been able to tolerate Spinelli? 'Cause, I could swear, he used to find him interminably annoying.  Much like I do now.  I do agree Sonny is less interminably infuriating when he's not the focus of a scene.

nuKiki can be killed in a blaze of gunfire any day now.  She's horrible, as a character and as an actress.  Pull the head back, little girl.  Not everything's a fight on the playground.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 2
 I'm tired of teh Ava pity train.  First it was "Sonny is trying to kill me."  Then it was "My BABY!  Someone took my baby!"  Then it was "I have to get my baby back!" and now it's "Tell me the truth, I'm dying, right?"  I can't anymore.

Dear god, yes! About a minute into their scene, I impulsively yelled at my t.v "Of, for fucks sake, shut up, Ava!" All she does is feel sorry for herself, and in a very whiny, harsh, entitled way. Its why I find it hard to feel sorry for her, even when she may merit it, like now. She did soften towards the end, but she needs to do so more often.

• Love 1

No....no....it can't be worse than this.  This is like a colonoscopy set to MUZAK.

It's depressing when Luke in that clip can be described as "spry" compared to nowadays.

• Love 1

Here's a home video of the Spinelli/ Nathan "boxing match" if you're interested:

Here is the true difference in "boxing" style between

Nathan:

and Spinelli:

I knew Spin looked familar somehow....the missing stooge!

Oh MY GOD this board is ON FIRE tonight, and you're both pyromaniacs!  

You're now charter members of CLUB CAM!

NYUK NYUK NYUK  - Spinelli as the Lost Stooge......Show needs to concentrate on the LOST in that thought.

• Love 3

can't be much worse than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juuAFhQYFfg#t=28

Oh my God, that is horrifying ...  

They mentioned in the episode that it happened that they were able to re-attach the ear.

Well, sure, why the hell not at this point.   I mean, half the town is back from the dead many times over, so in terms of medical miracles, Scotty may as well be able to keep his ear.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4