Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

How does anyone get to be KA's age and not learn (somewhere …  book, magazine, friend, family …) how to hold a baby? No wonder giantbaby was smiling in MB's arms. It was probably the first time it had felt secure all day.

I find it really odd because KA's Starr had a baby on OLTL. Granted by the time she got her, the baby was a few months old, but not any older than Giant Premie Avery is now.

Edited by sometimesfan

I thought RoHo was decent. It was the writing that sucked eggs, as usual.

Honestly, I like him but I can't tell.  The character he plays on "The Flash" doesn't get enough screen time for me to be able to evaluate.  The Franco character seems like a version of Todd-lite to me, with a more sociopathic bent (Todd always seemed a lot more tortured to me). 

I'm lost. Where's the Airplane!-esque line to slap the shit out of Ron for that "Franco thinks he's James Franco…tee-hee!" dreck today? Everything about that was terrible. Let me know, my pimp hand is strong today.

Kiki was not awful today. I think that's the first time I've ever said that. And Sonny can have all the seats. "I've been pardoned, I'll pick up my property tomorrow." And Carly smiling the whole time as though someone just told her Jason's alive and willing to bang her again. Fuck that.

But oh Michael, thank you for staying MWOP. I needed that. And I hope you destroy Sonny. And Carly. Because she sucks.

• Love 11
Oops, I guess Julian called him an "ungrateful bastard" and not a "son of a bitch". Not that it matters; Ron has ruined Jew-lee-ehn by turning him into a Sonny ass-kisser. I'm sure eh-VAH will be singing Sonny's praises too eventually.

He called him both. Julian said, "as far as I'm concerned there's only one son of a bitch in this room and he's standing right in front of me."

KA was great today. Had she been given material like this rather than brother lover, then she'd have worked.

She was fine today, but nothing great, it was the material and not her. As soon as she had to do something dramatic, she would suck again. But I really resented her presence on this show so you know. I'm a tad bit biased.

I guess you could make an argument that kid who was Connie's child was killed to prop Kristina, but since I think Lindsey Morgan was on her way out by the time that happened, I don't think it really counts.

Nah he was killed off to give Eyebrows (Connie) an emmy reel, her and no one else. 

I would like it if Olivia's baby were Ned's. Julian's? eeeeh, pointless. 

• Love 3

Scotty listened to the voice mail and heard "Franco", "Heather", "LSD", and "mental hospital ", then deleted it like fuck this shit. He decided then to throw Luke Spencer in jail.

LOL I bet he thinks the sonny pardon is ridclous.

• Love 2

I kind of wished Sam's massive headboard would come down and crush Samtrick.  

I covet that headboard. It's gorgeous. 

I'll miss Johnny. He was the bad boy with the heart of gold that they are trying to make Sonny out to be.  He had chemistry with everyone. 

Maurice looked good today. They should leave his hair like that. 

Probably from Mac, just like the car.

Get a job, lady!

I don't know but it drives me crazy maybe watching old school GH and seeing even if they was bad at least lucy and scotty had goals and ambtions and you can't say they was lazy lol.

Why are all the young folks sponging off mommy and daddy.

• Love 2

How many frickin half siblings is Dante going to have in his life time. 

However many, less than however many Sam has, heh. And quite frankly, thank goodness he's not getting another full sibling.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

For a few minutes, when Franco was lying in bed, catatonic, I had a brief glimmer of hope that he'd stay that way for 6 months or so, but alas, it was not to be.

I got so excited. I was like yes finally he's catatonic we won't have to put up with RH's antics for a bit! And then, immediately, it all went to hell. That shit was so embarrassing. I will say though, MSt was good in those scenes.

I almost liked Kiki today for a little bit?

Same. Which is proof that I really will like anyone when they are against Sonny. I want Kiki to decide to take Sonny to court for custody of Avery. Can you imagine the look on his face if someone tried to deny him his precious property? Good times!

So Sonny should be dead several times over correct? He just told Avery that he would die before anything happens to her? Ha ha!

This was my thought when he said that!

MWOP gives me life. You do you, Michael!

If Olivia has to be pregnant I really hope they retcon that she slept with Ned at least because that would be kinda sweet if Olivia/Ned had a baby. Otherwise why the fuck do this?

I like Sabrina now? I mean, I don't want it to be true, but I think it is. Too bad Johnny's gone, I'm down for a Johnny/Sabrina pairing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Previews...hey, it's Scotty!  But oh, here to rant about Luke/Fluke?  Meh.  But go ahead and imagine along with me that someone called about Franco's predicament and Scotty sent that shit to voicemail. 

God, if Michael should be going to anyone in town to overturn Sonny's pardon, its Scottie. Even with that insane Mississippi Governor that pardoned those murderers, the Attorney General tried to block because it turns there is actually a procedure to pardon criminals that takes more time than binge watching a season of Game of Thrones. I would like to think the man that manipulated his abused teenage daughter is walking free for murder might put a damper on putting Luke behind bars.  

• Love 3

How did Sonny and Carly's heads not explode when they said sorry to Kiki about Ava?  

And yeah Olivia AJ was having a grand old time when he got let off.  

And seriously, Ned and Michael couldn't have had one freaking scene.

I hate everyone on this show.  

Edited by ch1
  • Love 4

Well, if Olivia's pregnant (whyyyy), there'll be yet another sibling for Sam and Dante to share. 

I actually watched today and I had a rage blackout after what Julian said. It irritated me more because I was taken aback from it coming from Julian - I didn't expect him to be jumping on the Sonny bandwagon. Sonny must lay down the pipe. I have no other explanation. 

Edited by loveigniting
  • Love 10

And let's not forget that he'd be raising said baby with Carly (hey Carls, how's Joss doin'?).  Double groddy.

So how much do you wanna bet that Sonny and Carly lie to this baby too (if Ava doesn't appear to reclaim her and/or Morgan doesn't realize he is the father): " SONNY is your DADDY and CARLY is your MOMMY!"

Poor Avery will have two daddies and two mommies, but you know which ones will tell her over and over again that they be the "REAL" ones.

Let the lies begin!

• Love 1

However many, less than however many Sam has, heh. And quite frankly, thank goodness he's not getting another full sibling.

Omg, I'm just now realizing that Sam will be related to this baby too. Jeez, I forgot all about Julian being her father.

• Love 1

Well, if Olivia's pregnant (whyyyy), there'll be yet another sibling for Sam and Dante to share. 

I actually watched today and I had a rage blackout after what Julian said. It irritated me more because I was taken aback from it coming from Julian - I didn't expect him to be jumping on the Sonny bandwagon. Sonny must lay down the pipe. I have no other explanation. 

Like I said - it's Sonny's world. Everyone else just lives in it. No one is safe from a bout of Sonny propping.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Maybe Julian is seriously concussed and was still reeling from finding out Ava is dead, so he didn't really mean any of what he said to Michael. I can dream, can't I?

peachmangosteen, I have liked Sabrina the last couple days she was on. So much better when she's not be desperate and downtrodden. I could maybe get behind a Johnny / Sabrina.

• Love 3

It irritated me more because I was taken aback from it coming from Julian - I didn't expect him to be jumping on the Sonny bandwagon.

I could tell Julian was gonna become a member of the Sonny Propping Brigade as soon as they teamed up. I enjoyed their antics in prison, but now I'm ashamed I liked that because this shit is maddening.

Sonny must lay down the pipe. I have no other explanation.

LMAO! 

peachmangosteen, I have liked Sabrina the last couple days she was on. So much better when she's not be desperate and downtrodden. I could maybe get behind a Johnny / Sabrina.

I've liked her ever since she came back after TeCa had her baby, I think. It feels weird!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

If they're writting in LiLo's pregnancy, which it certainly looked like today, maybe their going to redo the Alexis/Ned/Kristina/Sonny story with Ned saying the baby is his to protect Olivia from Julian.  That would break up Ned and Alexis allowing Alexis to hook back up with Julian.  

• Love 3

If they're writting in LiLo's pregnancy, which it certainly looked like today, maybe their going to redo the Alexis/Ned/Kristina/Sonny story with Ned saying the baby is his to protect Olivia from Julian.  That would break up Ned and Alexis allowing Alexis to hook back up with Julian.

Does this mean eventually Olivia will have to dress up as a man to see her kid?

• Love 2

Shame on Maxie for giving Johnny a wad of cash and her car to use to escape. I hope that judge finds out about it and ruins Maxie's life by lowering the boom on baby visits. My theory is that she got a whack of money out of Mac to get a baby bed for Georgie, and then held back some of the cash for her own purposes--like a wardrobe upgrade. And I can just see devious Maxie going back to Mac now and playing on his sympathy, whining about her vanished car and money. Mac will dry her tears with a brand new vehicle replacement, and more cash, but "working" will never be mentioned.

In my head, Maxie quietly gives Mac a blow job as some compensation. Would explain why she never looks for work but has invisible means of support.It's been going on for years, and Felicia isn't aware or looks the other way.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

How dumb of Carlos and Johnny to hide out at Sabrina's apartment. They should have known the cops would eventually stop by and ask her if she's seen Carlos.

So even Julian is defending Sonny now? Wow ok. Are they going to be besties now?

Even if Alexis could do something about Sonny's pardon I don't know why Michael would expect her to help him. She doesn't care about AJ and doesn't care that Sonny is a murderer.

The multiple extremely subtle nods to James Franco were not clever at all.

I'm disappointed Johnny didn't get to spend more time with Lulu and Maxie.

In my head, Maxie quietly gives Mac a blow job as some compensation. Would explain a lot.

Maxie sucking Mac's dick would be extremely disgusting considering he's basically her father.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 9

Hambone Geary cannot possibly think we think he's ACTING, can he?  I ask this in all seriousness.

I really can't tell.  And, not to sound paranoid or anything, sometimes I get the feeling that it's not only RC who has contempt for the fans, but that TG does too.  The mugging for the camera as he says things like, "It was staring them in the face the whole time" etc. just makes me want to yell, "It's only because the fans like Luke so much that they cannot accept him as the King of All Evil, you ungrateful lout!"

• Love 7

I really can't tell.  And, not to sound paranoid or anything, sometimes I get the feeling that it's not only RC who has contempt for the fans, but that TG does too.  The mugging for the camera as he says things like, "It was staring them in the face the whole time" etc. just makes me want to yell, "It's only because the fans like Luke so much that they cannot accept him as the King of All Evil, you ungrateful lout!"

You're definitely not alone in your paranoia . . . 

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2009/05/the-people-vs-tony-geary.html

• Love 3

Second I don't think Ron means for this to be Sonny getting off scott free. It seems clear that both Sonny and Michael understand this pardon is not a blessing. Sonny has been shown to care the most about how this has affected his relationship with Michael and he saw what his pardon did to that. Obviously Sonny can't stay in jail but by having him freed in a way that angered Michael more I think the whole point of the pardon was to move the story a long to a different focus, but it certainly hasn't let Sonny off the hook for killing AJ in Michael's eyes which are the only ones that matter to this story.

I agree with this, and if RC actually makes an effort to write this properly, it could be a good story.  It was a bit ironic to me that Sonny lost a son but gained another child.  I think Michael could become a really good adversary to Sonny (at least in the short term), and hopefully get his unfeeling family to understand that they really did do bad things and Michael is not the bad guy for not wanting to get over his "grudge."  I won't hold my breath since the writing seems to be Michael versus every other person in town.  

For fuck's sakes, now even Julian is in Sonny's corner, calling Michael an SOB, shouting at him for not appreciating Sonny, comparing Michael's reaction to Lucas' even though the situations could not be any more different.  Take a seat, Jerome.

My brain almost exploded when I heard Julian defending Sonny.  Did those two become lovers in prison when no one was looking?  It was a complete WTF moment for me.  I did love Michael putting Julian in his place with him telling Julian that Lucas has no clue what his father is capable of, including putting a hit out on him.   He also reminded Julian that Tony Jones died of an illness and wasn't murdered in cold blood by his "father," and if that were the case, Lucas wouldn't give Julian the time of day.  It was a nice STFU, Julian, from Michael.

Why is Michael confiding stuff to #1 Sonny cheerleader Olivia?

In all fairness, she came up to him and initiated the conversation.  You gotta love that Michael is STILL polite, even when he's mad.  He listens to Olivia's pov, clearly doesn't agree, but thanks her for her input anyway.  Lol.  I do love that about Michael, but he looked pissed at the end, and he said that he can't get legal justice for AJ.  So he'll have to get justice some other way.  Hmmmm, what will he do?

I loved CD's acting today. Looks like Sonny wronged the wrong son. Damn I miss promo guy. Damn you budget cuts! Even if AJ is in the Cassadine pod, I still want Micheal to be like "Screw you. You shot him." I demand Brenda/Micheal sexing now. Yaaaasss!

CD was very good, and I'm with you - bring on the Michael/Brenda sex!  I so want to see Carly's head explode.  Watching her beaming behind Sonny today as Sonny got his entire life back AND a new daughter made me want to claw my eyes out.  I need Brenda to come back just because Carly hates her that much.  RC has to put Michael and Brenda in bed together.  It would cover payback in so many ways for Sonny and Carly.

• Love 7

Seething with hatred of the RoHo/Franco crap.  Okay, okay, okay, the character was once played by an actor who went on to bigger and better things, we get it, now shut the eff up about it.  RoHo, just go be on that show as that journalist, okay?  

Why didn't I see the DID writing on the wall?  Isn't DID one of Ron's tropes, stories that he must tell no matter what like with Kate/Cannie?  It's like he has this box that he pulls this shit out of and nothing original is allowed in the box.  

I loved Julian's quasi eulogy of Ava, outlining her flaws as well as the things that he loved about her.

I detest LW when she's playing Carly as contented, smarmy winner.  Ick.     

• Love 7

In my head, Maxie quietly gives Mac a blow job as some compensation. Would explain why she never looks for work but has invisible means of support.It's been going on for years, and Felicia isn't aware or looks the other way.

What?!? Yikes. In no part of my brain can i picture that nor would I want to. He raised her and is for all intents and purposes her father.

• Love 9

Sonny doesn't even wait to be asked in. It's Silas's apartment, right?

I don't get why Michael never says, "Sonny grabbed the bomb from me right before I was going to throw it overboard. He saved NO ONE."

And yeah Olivia AJ was having a grand old time when he got let off.

Seriously. She acts like AJ was running around town shouting, "I got away with it! I got away with it!" STFU, Olivia.

I have to LOL at Lauren's about-face on Sonny. She used to be a fan, but now that she has some firsthand experience with how terrible he is? Devil incarnate. It's good that she hates him now, but ugh. That said, I hope Lauren sues Sonny's ass for custody of the baby.

Mo is ADORABLE with the baby. OMG.

Johnny's "See you in another life!" was the best kind of meta. Works on every level.

Ric is back tomorrow! Hello, handsome.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

You're definitely not alone in your paranoia . . . 

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2009/05/the-people-vs-tony-geary.html

Oh no...ohhh noooo...The explanation for the name "Spanky", I so wish I had not read that.  His assertion that "Luke always had women on the side but was devoted to Laura" and the bit about Holly being some evil seductress (Poor Luke!  It's not his fault! Wait, what other character does this remind me of??), well, I just am sitting here sputtering and indignantly...whatever it is someone does when they're indignant!  Then there's the whole "fans want to keep the character the way he was when they were happy" thing - excuse me, who is it that made sure you're as popular and famous as you are? You did that in a vacuum, did you?  Having fans didn't have anything to do with that, no?

What a low-down, sexist ingrate he is.  The up side is it now makes it soooo much easier for me to accept that Fluke has really been "Luke the dirtbag" for all this time.  I never quite got over Laura's rape scene and the subsequent attempts to diminish it (in fact, my sister and I stopped watching for awhile when Luke and Laura 'fell in love'), so not much of a stretch for me. 

What IS it with these characters that can do any heinous thing they want, and the fans are expected to just say, "But he's (insert one decent character trait here), so it's ok -  he's a __________ with a heart of gold!"  And why do so many fans buy into this crapola?

I loved Julian's quasi eulogy of Ava, outlining her flaws as well as the things that he loved about her.

Yet he's best buddies with the man who swore to kill her. 

• Love 6

I don't think Geary cares about Luke having a heart of gold to be fair to him; I think that's the writers giving him that aspect.

I do think Luke is invested in Luke being a decent person sometimes, but only when Jonathan Jackson is around.

• Love 1

That's kind of my point here, though.  If it weren't for that trope, they wouldn't have had Luke and Laura fall in love and get married, he wouldn't be half of the "Supercouple", and hence would not be as famous and beloved as he is today.  He clearly doesn't care, and that's what makes me so mad. 

• Love 7

Alexis did say that the only way to get the pardon overturned (rescinded?) was if there was collusion, and Michael accused Sonny of somehow colluding with the governor the other day -- maybe there's something to it?  Maybe Sonny will get sent back?  God, I am full of delusions today.  

I did love Michael putting Julian in his place with him telling Julian that Lucas has no clue what his father is capable of, including putting a hit out on him.   He also reminded Julian that Tony Jones died of an illness and wasn't murdered in cold blood by his "father," and if that were the case, Lucas wouldn't give Julian the time of day.  It was a nice STFU, Julian, from Michael.

That was great, even though I hated what preceded it because of my love for Julian (and my hatred of Sonny).  

• Love 5

I will sit alone with really liking today's show. I mean no TG being the most horrible I've ever witnessed on a soap.

Franco and Nina are really cute. Save the one little OTT scene about the chopped off arm I even thought RoHo was trying and emoting much better and MSt was really good. They were really sweet.

Ned and Olivia totes adorbs. I'm so sad Olivia isn't having Ned's baby.

Maxie and Nathen also cute putting the crib together, and for shame Maxie helping that pompus Johnny. ugh!

And my like of Sonny continues to grow b/c OMG I've never seen a cuter scene with a man and a baby. That baby was facinated with Mo's beard. squeee.

I know it is unpopular but Sonny IS Avery's father and a wealthy mature man. There is no way he should have to beg that mooche Kiki to see or have his own child. I don't care that he is a mobster. I've yet to hear one legacy child on this show grow to adulthood without being shot, kidnapped, wrongly in jail etc. So Sonny is no worse for Avery than any of the other adults in PC. If Ava was free and alive there would be no question she should parent her child and the same should hold for Sonny.

I also really liked the scene with Michael and Olivia b/c I thought what she said was valid. She wasn't excusing  Sonny or belittling Michael's anger, fact was she had been in his position and worked through it. It seems very telling that the people in town who are the least criminal Olivia, Ned and Dante are all telling Michael his anger will eat him alive. It isn't about Sonny but about Michael himself. Being LIKE the person you despise isn't any way to live. Michael would be better served honoring AJ's memory working on the clinic and leave Sonny to be Sonny. He can cut him out of his life and that is pain enough for Sonny. Michael hurts himself more than Sonny by fanning his anger.

I also enjoyed the exchange between Julian and Michael. Michael held his own but Julian was projecting his feelings about Lucas onto Michael so I wasn't bothered by what Julian said either. Fact is Julian is one of the best people to have Sonny's POV b/c they are very similar.

I did LOL at Alexis b/c she seemed to be agreeing more with Julian but was too polite to antagonize Michael.

And I can't buy Julian being too torn up about Ava b/c I guess I'm the only one who remembers Julian almost shot Ava too. If Julian can have a change of heart about Ava b/c he's her brother then Sonny can also now that Avery is here and what happened with Michael makes him see Ava as a person too.

Wow to my det Special Kitty going all "commando" on Carrloss. MEOW!

And again no Luke/SamTrick/Jakeson crapola to wade through. Today was pretty good.