Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't think anyone's doing that. Brad was a sleazy predator, full stop. But the show is trying to move him away from that—the joke yesterday about him trying to seduce Michael and Michael being all "bygones!" indicates that, I think.

Ugh, yes, that comment was the writers' attempt to handwave away just how offensive Brad's behavior was. I can just see Ron now, "See, we addressed it! Now you have to let it go!"

But imagine a 50-year-old surgeon telling a 16-year old patient, "Oh, just how badly do you want the life-saving operation? Because we can work something out I'm sure." And then dismissing it as an "indecent proposal" a year later.

What Brad did to Michael is a variation on what so many people without resources -- young, old, female, male - face. Being taken advantage of by those with some sort of authority or power them. You want these health benefits? This job? These food stamps? For me to not call the cops?

And now with Brad and Michael, it's like "ehhhh, yeah, my bad." and "No worries."

I don't get it with this show with Frank wanting to push the boundaries on these behaviors -- because he's apparently the one who tells people to go darker and be creepier. And then he and Ron, maybe more Ron, wants to keep them around and play with them as characters.

Neither Frank nor Ron is willing to have the characters do the time for their crimes. They want the viewers to react and talk about these dark, creepy things. They want a reaction. Like toddlers, they think any reaction -- good or bad -- is a good thing. But then they act like the fans have an unreasonable problem if they don't just immediately forget about these dark, creepy things when Ron and Frank themselves would like to move on from it and have the fans care about these characters. It's just a bizarre, unthoughtful perspective that they have.

Personally, I'm never going to root for Brad. Or Nina. Or Franco. Or Dr. O. Or Sonny. Or Carly. Or Jason. Or Julian. It's just not going to happen. The book is closed on them as far as I'm concerned and I have no interest in -- or incentive to -- change my opinion.

• Love 7

How nice of Nathan to take so long getting a good gander at the bomb before trying to haul ass out of there.

Seriously they wouldn't have gotten to the top of the stairs before it went off, meaning almost if not immediate death. At least they would have ended up buried in the rubble.

Nathan got out of there with all limbs intact and wasn't even rendered unconscious and was able to race around like nothing had happened, and Dante's worst injury supposedly came from getting the back of his head cracked open by the crowbar. This show...good grief.

Hang on a Holy Virgin Margarita minute...Dante is supposed to be in his "late 20s"...? Seriously? Making he and Michael only five or so years apart? Get outta here with that. 

Those new phones make it a lot harder to pretend they're actually making calls, imo, every time the screen lights up you can see the usual background. Then again a better actor might have covered up that fact by keeping the phone turned away from the cameras. Whatever.

So when they can't put Patrick with Sam then he has to try and make the rounds with people he never mentions or talks to any other day of the week just so he can have a reason to bring Sam up. Of course his daughter isn't included in that bunch because it'd be hard to explain why a man is telling his seven year old daughter how good in bed her next future "Mommy" is.

The jelly on Johnny's front was almost as bad as the liquid ink used on AJ. Do they not know how to whip up a batch of fake blood? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Sam, when questioning a brain damaged man it may help to let him get two or more words out before you start talking over him and firing a thousand questions at him.

Why he didn't just tell her to shut the hell up and let him try and think is beyond me. Sam has been so annoying for months now not even I can stand to listen to her. Every time she opens her mouth I just want someone to duct tape it shut again until she actually has something important to say, or at least not incredibly stupid and ridiculous. 

Heather has got to stop chitter chattering and start killing people.

The Nina and the SERIAL KILLER get twinkle twinkle soft mood music during their "grand reunion"...? Is this show for real? I know it's a dumb question to ask but...

Good on Julian to try and do what he can to save his sister, even while shot.

If Sonny can "earn" a bloody pardon but Julian can't? I will rage so very hard...

• Love 2

Every time I see the name Ivy, I think "Ivy Winters" and then just want to go watch RuPaul's Drag Race.

And then I start imagining the characters of GH in a setting like RPDR with talking heads and everything and I start cackling madly. You get actual scenes like the jailbreak van ride and you intersperse it with various characters talking about it.

Franco: Ava. Whatever. I'm so done with her. She thinks she's the smartest person in the room. Newsflash! You're not!

Julian: I don't even know how I got picked for this team. Fluke is clearly threatened by me... that's why he didn't choose me for the Haunted Star team.

Sonny: ::blank stare:: This is bullshit.

Ava: None of these bitches have what it takes. When it comes down to the judges, I'm throwing every last one of them under the goddamn bus! And if any of them have to lipsynch for their lives against ME? Bitches better beware.

• Love 5

The juxtaposition of Michael snarling that Sonny only cares about Sonny with Sonny THE BIG SELFLESS HERO trying to save Ava because that's what Connie would have wanted was so eye-rolling.

Did your eyes get stuck like mine did from rolling so very hard? If only I had my own crowbar to pry them loose with.

I had a feeling they would let Sonny play "hero" in such a way that they would claim it a good enough deed to give him a pass and pardon on murdering AJ because he was never just going to stay in prison forever where he belongs, they were going to figure out a way to get him out and soon, but I never thought they'd actually have it where he saves a good chunk of the whole bloody town.

The only ting worse might be if he swooped in and saved Monica personally. I might have had a rage black for the rest of the month if that had been in the cards. One time I am actually glad Monica is nowhere to be found.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Gah, the idea that because Sonny saves someone else makes his crimes null and void drives me nuts.  Saving Ava or anyone else doesn't bring AJ back from the dead so whatever.  I'm not drinking that kool aid and I hope the show doesn't have Michael drink it (although the other characters will become more unbearable where Sonny/Carly/Michael is concerned).

• Love 11
Hang on a Holy Virgin Margarita minute...Dante is supposed to be in his "late 20s"...? Seriously? Making he and Michael only five or so years apart? Get outta here with that.​

That's what stood out most to me from the entire episode.  It makes zero sense, especially considering that he showed up in 2009 and was already an adult, and had been through police training and was an experienced undercover officer.  

Oh, great, the Sonny-propping has started.  I could not be more excited.  

I wish Julian would shoot Sonny and throw him off a bridge.  Julian better not die, because I'd much rather watch him than Sonny.  Hell, I'd much rather be fed my own intestines than watch Sonny.

ETA: it just occurred to me that the escapees have, by now, been out there for a while.  Why aren't there police looking for them?  Surely they would have caught up to them by now.  More idiocy.  I'm all for suspension of disbelief in soaps but is a little teeny tiny bit of realism too much to ask?

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2

That's what stood out most to me from the entire episode.  It makes zero sense, especially considering that he showed up in 2009 and was already an adult, and had been through police training and was an experienced undercover officer. 

After Sonny shot him back in 2010, it was stated that Dante was 25.  Later, when the original Franco arc started, it was stated that Dante had arrested Franco back in 2003, which would have made him 18 at the time and, hence, the Doogie Howser of cops.  Now he's in his late 20s again?!  Yay for fluid soap timelines!

• Love 2

I don't even know what we're supposed to think about Franco and Nina.  Was that supposed to be romantic?  Soapy?  Interesting?

Like two two ships passing in the night on a sea of utter bullshit.

How could we all not see the love between them? He gave himself an LSD injection for her. Such devotion and sacrifice, almost brings a tear to my eye...

That's what stood out most to me from the entire episode.  It makes zero sense, especially considering that he showed up in 2009 and was already an adult, and had been through police training and was an experienced undercover officer.

But that time was GH BR, General Hospital Before Ron, so therefore it doesn't matter.

Just switch some dates around, change a birth month or year or two, and viola, easy peasey squeeze the lemon. Perhaps they wanted to make Dante younger to explain how he managed to survive that explosion like his compadre Nathan did

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Dante as the Doogie Hauser of cops is the most believable part of this story.

Dude, Sam is dumb. When Jason gets in anger/emo mode at her for not recognizing him, I'll be Team New Jason on this one. Why? Because dude said he broke into her house, she knows he stole the Anointed Holy Fucking Phoenix given to her by Her Borg and Master, he said he saw her with him and not Patrick, he said he was conditioned to shoot people and stuff, and mentioned Helena Cassadine. She knows damn well Victor Cassadine had Jason at the Clinic with Helena and Stavros, that Jason has a history of brain injuries, was a professional hit man, and she gave him the dumb phoenix. So just shut up Sam. Instead of sitting there going "duh", why not grab a forensics guy and do a DNA test?

• Love 7

Nathan: "He took the brunt of the impact"

And also the stairs, and the cement, and the tire iron. Oh, and this:

Nathan: "Why isn't he waking up??"

Oh, Nathan! again . . . with the tire iron . . and the . . oh forget it. I guess it's love that's making him so ditzy.

It's unfortunate that Billy Miller got stuck in that outfit that makes him look neckless.

I like to imagine that Dante and Liz have bonded by talking smack about the Spencers lol. How Luke is a giant asshole, and it's really annoying when Laura decides to Skype at 5 a.m., and how Ethan would never take a bath.

But back to Billeh, I realized he grits his teeth a lot and it's pretty annoying. He was all, "there's a bomb on the boat!" :grit:

Oh, Lulu grew her brain back, how nice. I mean, it is nice, but it's also makes me want to pull the face Sonny did at Franco and Ava.

I love a good Sonny rant as much as the next person, but those faces Chad was pulling were annoying.

Did they have to smear blood all over Ava's chin? It's not particularly realistic looking, so it was just icky and distracting.

10 to 1 Sonny is flipping out on Fluke in the previews because Fluke tells him Dante exploded in the basement. Even though Sonny hasn't mentioned his name once (unless I missed it). FATHER OF THE YEAR.

After Sonny shot him back in 2010, it was stated that Dante was 25.  Later, when the original Franco arc started, it was stated that Dante had arrested Franco back in 2003, which would have made him 18 at the time and, hence, the Doogie Howser of cops.  Now he's in his late 20s again?!  Yay for fluid soap timelines!

I'm not gonna take it as canon. It's just the EMTs (generously, hee) approximating.

:narrows eyes at you:

Fine, fine. She can come, but very sporadically!

I'd trust Lucy more than I'd trust Maxie or Lulu on relaunching a company.At least she had a few popular companies.

It has nothing to do with experience. It has everything to do with the fact that I cannot stand Lucy and her abhorrent voice. :p

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
I love a good Sonny rant as much as the next person, but those faces Chad was pulling were annoying.

In general his face usually annoys me, and truly always has for some reason. I'm not sure why, I truly have nothing against the kid but I just don't care to watch him act or attempt to. I feel the same about those like KA or the kid who plays Felix or that agent fellow, whatever, I'm sure they're all nice enough people but they're crap actors.

• Love 1

In general his face usually annoys me, and truly always has for some reason. I'm not sure why, I truly have nothing against the kid but I just don't care to watch him act or attempt to. I feel the same about those like KA or the kid who plays Felix or that agent fellow, whatever, I'm sure they're all nice enough people but they're crap actors.

Sometimes he's okay, but he was going in extra hard for the scrunch face today.

If this show let me have nice things, Sonny would have gone over the edge of that bridge right along with Ava and given me a two-fer.  No offense to MW, but her character sucks all kinds of ass. 

• Love 3

Oh, great, the Sonny-propping has started.  I could not be more excited.  

Come on, now, you knew it was coming. A day in Port Charles without someone slobbering all over Sonny is like a day without sunshine. He's a good man, after all. Pardon me while I vomit.

In general his [Chad Duell] face usually annoys me, and truly always has for some reason. I'm not sure why, I truly have nothing against the kid but I just don't care to watch him act or attempt to.

For me, its the tiny little mouth. I just can't deal with the fact that its way too small for his face.

• Love 3

re: Brad, I forget, but he forced a kiss on Michael, right?

Brad, in his role as a lab technician, overheard Kiki and Michael talk about their attraction. Brad threatened to expose their relationship if Michael didn't have sex with him. When Michael said that he wasn't gay, Brad said that was a turn on to him.

Is it wrong I that I was hoping for mass carnage today? Anything to thin this ridiculously thick herd.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

Was there a reason that Patrick couldn't be at the hospital today besides JT used up his minimum with all these episodes in Sam? Oh, I guess a Sabrina/Patrick bonding scene. Gotta get that in there!

Sometimes he's okay, but he was going in extra hard for the scrunch face today.

I suppose he felt the need to really go for "rage" in the moment.

And I just had to like how Lulu told him that the night was all about "him" and then barely managed to drop A.J.'s name at the end before scurrying off.

I just can't believe it...we're back to where it all began...it's sweeps and Sonny and Jake(son) are going to be the heroes...

Whatever would PC do without them running large and in charge? What is this show supposed to be about anyway, a hospital or something? Pfft.

Next you'll try and tell me that Franco the SERIAL KILLER and the Nina aren't a better love story than Twilight.

Is it wrong I that I was hoping for mass carnage today? Anything to thin this ridiculously thick herd

From the looks of it we won't even get anyone leaping overboard with a life jacket. It's a lost cause that we might actually lose a useless body for once. This whole show is a lost cause at this point frankly imho.

Was there a reason that Patrick couldn't be at the hospital today besides JT used up his minimum with all these episodes in Sam? Oh, I guess a Sabrina/Patrick bonding scene. Gotta get that in there!

He had to give Sabrina his "blessing" to move on with Carrrrrrrlos, and she was the only person he'd slept with in the room so naturally he'd be drawn to her I guess.

Edited by CPP83

Well, they had to drop in the crucial information that Sabrina and Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos are back together (which took place completely off-screen and I'm pretty sure contradicts something Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos said on-screen) so we'll care when he dies or goes to jail or whatever's coming.

I seriously just had a future vision that the point of Patrick is for him to go through what Sabrina went through. This whole storyline will end with him apologizing to her for leaving her for Robin. And then Ron will start Patrina again!!!!!

Oh, goodness. I need 8 drinks and a shower.

• Love 2
Next you'll try and tell me that Franco the SERIAL KILLER and the Nina aren't a better love story than Twilight.

Franco/Nina or Twilight?   Hang on, give me a sec...  Is there a secret third "let's just kill them all instead" option? 

Julian, honey, you have a gun.  Shoot the greasy moobster.  God!  What kind of criminals are these people??

• Love 2

Franco/Nina or Twilight?   Hang on, give me a sec...  Is there a secret third "let's just kill them all instead" option? 

Julian, honey, you have a gun.  Shoot the greasy moobster.  God!  What kind of criminals are these people??

Only if that secret third option allows for Sonny to be spit-roasted over hot coals along with, then I am so in.

They really are terrible, horrible, awful, very bad criminals. I swear I thought Sonny and Julian were just seconds away from giving each other "bro" hugs goodbye on the bridge before Sonny raced off to save their "boys". I just...can't.

Edited by CPP83

And he was a sweetheart with her when they were just friends from '05-present. He's actually the one person Robin truly had a stable, ongoing, true friendship with.

But I still believe Jason, like all the characters on this show, was sweet with some and an asshole to others.

Robin even being with Jason was an oxymoron. she was studing to be a doctor ,*First do no harm* he was a killer for hire. he was never good. he broke Tony Jones hands destroying his medical career, after carley destroyed him, just like she did AJ. Jason enjoyed killing. he couldn't wait to kill E than and Dante, I think he also wanted to kill Luke at some point. Jason after the accident was and is scum. Jason was always Carley's enabler. To have him be upset that he planted a bomb, and shot a cop is another oxymoron.Robin did all she could to teach JAson to be a human but Carely stuck herself in between them. I would watch is maybe jakeson would just kill carley and maybe Lucas could remember the things carley did to his father.Bobbie no hopemthere all the bo tox has rotted her brain.

• Love 3

Kudos to Maura, Dom, and Jane for making that respective shit work.

I really hope we get to see Tracy confront Helena on-screen. No matter how ridiculous the actual dialogue is, I know Jane and Constance will bring it.

Oh and someone please explain it to me like I'm Morgan why Nathan is in the character banner for that Fan February ad? And why does it make it look like he's in a pairing with Luke? That issue aside, Dante, Lula, Maxie, Tracy, Liz are just five of the twenty-five characters that should be advertised as the 'stars of GH' before Nathan. I'm pretty sure he's only ahead of Nina & Rosie on the list.

• Love 3

Robin even being with Jason was an oxymoron. she was studing to be a doctor ,*First do no harm* he was a killer for hire.

Not for nothing, but Jason wasn't a hit man when Robin and he got involved. Jason was a low level errand boy for Sonny. Robin had yet to start college.

The fact that Robin created a moral compass in him was an enduring part of the story. He kept that compass, as much as he did develop one, for awhile after Robin left. But by the time Robin revealed Michael's paternity, that moral compass had been eradicated.

• Love 2

Silas too, not that I'm complaining of course, but shouldn't there have been a doctor present when examining Dante?

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1

I really hope we get to see Tracy confront Helena on-screen. No matter how ridiculous the actual dialogue is, I know Jane and Constance will bring it.

FV/RC and the network had any brains, it shouldn't be just a confrontation, but full out war between them. Helena fucked with her professional and personally, and Tracy isn't junior varsity. Or at least shouldn't be. 

• Love 3

Maxie and Lulu relaunching Crimson could be fun AND also a good place to use Lucy.

Oops!  Ducking here, but do we really want three "fluffy" airheads in the same workplace.  Sure could be played for laughs.  I kinda like all three, but, right now, I'm dealing with the teen, valley girl vibe I am now getting when Maxie and Lulu are together. 

Oh, no way is Ava dead.

But I'm sure her "death" will lead to Morgan and Kiki having grief sex on that bridge or something.

"I don't know Morgan, we might fall off the bridge!"

"No no no no Kiki, it's gonna be great, 'kay? You'll see, it's gonna be amazing, and we can hear the rushing water, and if we fall, it's gonna be like, wet and it's gonna be amazing!"

"Well, okay . . . "

Are we to assume that Helena and Fluke are now a couple? Good God what could be more revolting?

They've hinted at it a couple of times.

Oh and someone please explain it to me like I'm Morgan why Nathan is in the character banner for that Fan February ad? And why does it make it look like he's in a pairing with Luke? That issue aside, Dante, Lula, Maxie, Tracy, Liz are just five of the twenty-five characters that should be advertised as the 'stars of GH' before Nathan.

Cause we're horny dumbasses who like shirtlessness! admit it!

• Love 3

Silas too, not that I'm complaining of course, but shouldn't there have been a doctor present when examining Dante.

Yeah but I named Patrick because he's the neurosurgeon. 

I really like Lulu in charge of her own club. I liked the Crimson stuff, but once Lulu and Maxie became friends, I was ready for Lulu to move on other things. 

I do too but I suspect the Star is gonna get blown up and not re-built.

Every time I see the name Ivy, I think "Ivy Winters" and then just want to go watch RuPaul's Drag Race.

And then I start imagining the characters of GH in a setting like RPDR with talking heads and everything and I start cackling madly. You get actual scenes like the jailbreak van ride and you intersperse it with various characters talking about it.

Franco: Ava. Whatever. I'm so done with her. She thinks she's the smartest person in the room. Newsflash! You're not!

Julian: I don't even know how I got picked for this team. Fluke is clearly threatened by me... that's why he didn't choose me for the Haunted Star team.

Sonny: ::blank stare:: This is bullshit.

Ava: None of these bitches have what it takes. When it comes down to the judges, I'm throwing every last one of them under the goddamn bus! And if any of them have to lipsynch for their lives against ME? Bitches better beware.

Johnny: This isn't General Hospital's Best Friends Race!

Oh, no way is Ava dead.

But I'm sure her "death" will lead to Morgan and Kiki having grief sex on that bridge or something.

Probably in Michael's bed…because they had no place else to gooooooo.

I do too but I suspect the Star is gonna get blown up and not re-built.

Of course it won't be rebuilt, it looks terrible in gray.
  • Love 5

According to Wikipedia (I know, I know), Olivia said Dante was born in 1984, so he's 30.  I know it was just the paramedics guessing his age, but it was the writers who made them say "late 20s" and the writers should know better.  Why not "late 20s, early 30s"?  Or just "early 30s"?  Because the paramedics weren't really guessing, they were saying what was in the script.  I know it doesn't actually matter, but I guess today I'm fixating on this.  Yesterday: why Helena wants to kill Sam.  Today: Dante's age.  Tomorrow? Can't wait to see what irrationally irritates me tomorrow.

I seriously just had a future vision that the point of Patrick is for him to go through what Sabrina went through. This whole storyline will end with him apologizing to her for leaving her for Robin. And then Ron will start Patrina again!!!!!

Oh, goodness. I need 8 drinks and a shower.

Might I suggest 8 drinks and 8 showers?

Edited by Turtle

Might I suggest 8 drinks and 8 showers?

Yes, yes you can.

I still can't get over how ridiculous it is to have Sabrina sit there and look happy to ask Patrick about him and Sam. It's so sick. And Patrick all, "I'm ready to move on and I THINK Sam is." I can't wait till he cries again. Give me Drake tears!

• Love 2

It's just sad that Tracy's clue came from Fluke schmoozing up Helena-and not the fact that Fluke threatened her kid. OY

And can I just say that Helena and Luke or anyone who even looks like him, being "intimate" is one of the most disturbing ideas this show has ever put forth. Bar none.

With that said, I hear from recaps that my new favorite duo, Julian and Sonny, are still going strong. I am on the barge, but from the little I saw of them, I'd watch the two of them bickering over either one with their respective "love interests". Carly and Sonny are so 1999, and Julian...well Julian's SO is Alexis.

• Love 1