Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I know I should be on Lulu's side with respect to Dante telling her to sell her half of the Haunted Star to Johnny, but...when she spouted the reasons why she couldn't (and no, not the part about how it belonged to her parents)...I just rolled my eyes. REALLY HARD.

For the past two years? She didn't give a flying FUCK about the Haunted Star. It was all about the baby...suing for custody of Georgie....wanting another baby...baby, baby...baby...from the posts I read here and what recaps I read elsewhere, never did I see any mention of how "hard" Lulu was working at the Haunted Star. I never saw Emme's Lulu there until this week.

And yes, I realize that this is typical "writing" for this douchenozzle of a fuckwit writer.  But I don't care. They could have had a throw away line. something. But Lulu was ALWAYS at home...calling Dante while he was in the middle of following someone...arresting someone...checking out something.

Just because through another fucking eye-rolling retcon regarding Johnny, don't try and convince me that she's been working so very hard at the Haunted Star, when what little I've seen over the past two years totally contradict/make a lie out of what is coming out of her mouth now.

• Love 6

The Haunted Star is closed, right? So why was Lulu all dressed up as if there was an event? Why did she need Olivia to babysit in the evening?

Jake's flashbacks were so badly done.

LiLoC really has the pregnancy boobs going.

Red roses, Dante? The most generic gift on the planet. Way to put some thought into your apology.

• Love 1

Reading the recaps I'm glad I'm not watching.

1.  Sonny gets the better of another man?  Had enough that when he got the better of SK's AJ.  It drives me up a wall that we never see someone lay Sonny out.

2.  Now Dante understands about Sonny killing AJ.  Isn't it interesting that whatever Sonny does is understandable? 

3.  Also not interested to see them paint the Qs as bad guys through Michael.  They have basically become a non-entity but there is still time to crap on them.  Qs = bad; Sonny = good - got it.

• Love 5

Regarding Sam/Patrick being bland, I have always felt that Sam was bland with both Silas and Jason although she kinda sparkled with McBain. Go figure.

I haven't shipped Sam with anyone in a long time, but for me, Patrick is the main culprit of bland now. He's like a robot. I miss the neurosurgeon with a God complex who had no problem calling people out and being an asshole and owning up to it. He's too much of a "yes man" with Sam. It's boring as hell. There's no fire and passion. Like, even when they were fighting at the police station over Jason, Patrick just stood there. Sometimes I imagine JT going to work and being like, "Hey, guys, what if Patrick did X cause he feels Y and..." And Frank is like, "...."

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

Well at least Dante didn't have that conversation with Kiki per spoilers.  And though I hated what Dante said about Sonny and AJ, I liked the way DZ

played it.  He always says that stuff as if he'd be happy to pack up Lulu, Rocco, and Olivia, and move far far far away from Port Charles and never see or hear from any of its residents again.  

• Love 4
Red roses, Dante? The most generic gift on the planet. Way to put some thought into your apology.

He's a simple dude, heh. It made me think of a scene from a couple of years ago when he brought Lulu flowers after a fight and Maxie called him out on being unoriginal and he said his grandfather brought his grandmother roses every day. So in that context it's kinda sweet.

2.  Now Dante understands about Sonny killing AJ.  Isn't it interesting that whatever Sonny does is understandable?

Well he also said that he understood why Johnny killed Anthony, so he's pretty understanding, heh.

But the context just was he understood the impulse to want to kill a man, not that AJ deserved it. It's annoying though because this was some of the dialogue:

Dante: combined with the lies, it's pretty much the most unforgivable thing anyone could have done.

Nathan: But you think Michael is going to far pushing his family away.

Dante: I don't know! I don't know.

So it feels like the show is saying, "we know it was unforgivable but . . . come on, Michael's kind of being douchey, right?"

And Michael totally is being kind of a douche, at least towards Morgan imo. And I didn't even like AJ. But Sonny and Carly killed his dad and then lied about it. There's no mitigating circumstance. If Ron wanted that he should have at the very least have had Sonny shoot AJ while he was still choking Connie. But he didn't, so it's like, stop trying to paint Michael as this unreasonable douche for being mad at his mom and other dad.

Well at least Dante didn't have that conversation with Kiki per spoilers.  And though I hated what Dante said about Sonny and AJ, I liked the way DZ

played it.  He always says that stuff as if he'd be happy to pack up Lulu, Rocco, and Olivia, and move far far far away from Port Charles and never see or hear from any of its residents again.  

No that's coming Friday. I know you would have been sorry to miss it!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
He's a simple dude, heh. It made me think of a scene from a couple of years ago when he brought Lulu flowers after a fight and Maxie called him out on being unoriginal and he said his grandfather brought his grandmother roses every day. So in that context it's kinda sweet.

Yeah, it's kind of in character for Dante, I admit. It's just a pet peeve of mine, that red roses are supposed to automatically make everything okay. If you like red roses, fine, but not every woman does. Ahem. (I really want that scene in a romcom, where the dude sends red roses and the woman hates them and is disgusted that he put zero thought into it. Hee.)

• Love 1

So it feels like the show is saying, "we know it was unforgivable but . . . come on, Michael's kind of being douchey, right?"

Which is fucking ridiculous! But that's the way Ron writes this shit - 'c'monnnn!' Every time! He did this with the rapemance on OLTL, with Ford the rapist too and he's doing it now. 'C'monnnn, you guys!' He's been doing it since almost immediately after the big reveal. And he never owns up to it. He just expects everyone to go along based on his personal preference after he made someone do the unthinkable. His implicit attitude is always, 'yeah, I know I did that for a big story and wasn't it a super-awesome moment that I wrote, but this is happening now and I want you to feel this way about it so stop questioning it.' And his interviews about these things reek of that, when he dares address it at all. (He usually just says there is fan support in 'focus groups' and that the rest of us didn't get it.) Oh, it drives me insane.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 15

Its infuriating that not one person can put themselves in Michael's shoes.  But it was only AJ so whatever.

• Love 1

Damn. They made those stupid figurines better than the Quartermaines have looked in years.

I call bullshit on everything Sonny related, Sonny-esque, Sonnylike, Sonnysaid, Sonnydid. Shut up Shawn. And shut up Nathan. Go drink your chocolate milk. And Dante, no the man who shot you in the chest would never kill a dude for not liking him. Nah, not your sperm donor. Micheal is an adult. You're a cop. If he wants a restraining order on a dude in the mob, then so be it. Also, why was everyone dressed for a funeral?

The only thing I liked was Billy Miller actually making Jason likeable and DZ for making me remember that despite the bullshit I like Dante. Also, I don't want to live in a world where Patrick is good in bed.

• Love 1

Yeah, it's kind of in character for Dante, I admit. It's just a pet peeve of mine, that red roses are supposed to automatically make everything okay. If you like red roses, fine, but not every woman does. Ahem. (I really want that scene in a romcom, where the dude sends red roses and the woman hates them and is disgusted that he put zero thought into it. Hee.)

I agree, most of the time. I think the difference for me in this instance is that flowers are accessory for the apology instead of the other way around. He's not saying, "hey, here are flowers, you forgive me, right?" He's saying "hey, I'm sorry for being a dick. Here are some flowers to go with it", heh.

But I totally agree with you, especially since I have zero use for roses myself. I'd rather have a coffee mug or a nice pen or something.

• Love 2

It still cracks me up that he said re: Carly and Franco "A focus group really like them."

Since I had the 'privilege' of being part of an OLTL focus group once, I absolutely believe this. The moderator asks the questions in such a way to elicit the answers the network wants to hear. And if you bring up a point that is contrary to what they're pushing, they dismiss you out of hand and steer the conversation back.

• Love 5

Its infuriating that not one person can put themselves in Michael's shoes.  But it was only AJ so whatever.

There was more to the conversation. It was:

Dante: combined with the lies, it's pretty much the most unforgivable thing anyone could have done.

Dante: I don't know! I don't know. I'm the first person to say Sonny belongs in prison but I also can see why he did what he did, why he killed AJ, in the moment.

Nathan: Yeah but wanting to do it and doing it are two different things.

Dante: Yeah, obviously, which is where I get tripped up. The impulse versus actually going through with it. I don't even know my feelings for  . . . I barely knew AJ Quartermaine, he meant nothing to me. But he meant a lot to my brother. 

Nathan: I'm sorry your family's going through this.

Dante: Yeah, me too. I want to be there for Michael, and I am, but no matter what Sonny's done, he's still my father.

And then they changed the subject.

Bias aside, I don't think he meant "AJ deserved it" but "I can understand how you can shoot a man in anger." But if that's the case, if a person can't control their impulse to murder someone, then they belong in a mental hospital at the very least. My response isn't, oh okay well then it's okay for Sonny to go free. My response is "well then this guy with no impulse control needs to be locked up."

• Love 4

I barely knew AJ Quartermaine, he meant nothing to me.

Ugh, I don't like that.  Why should it matter if AJ meant something to Dante or not.  As a police officer, Dante should be against ANYONE being murdered.

• Love 9

Ugh, I don't like that.  Why should it matter if AJ meant something to Dante or not.  As a police officer, Dante should be against ANYONE being murdered.

I didn't get the impression at all he was okay with AJ being murdered because he felt nothing for him - he was just clarifying his (non) relationship with AJ, that was all. 

• Love 3
Nathan: Yeah but wanting to do it and doing it are two different things.

Dante: Yeah, obviously, which is where I get tripped up. The impulse versus actually going through with it.

Really, Dante? You don't need to be a cop to know that killing is the bigger problem here. He knows that Sonny shot AJ because Ava was egging him on. No one was in imminent danger. AJ was literally on his knees begging for his life. There was nothing ambiguous about it. It was first-degree murder. How he feels about AJ is irrelevant.

Sonny's son is an asshole.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I'm just so tired of this slanted writing.  I mean, people keep giving the Corinthii condolences about what happened (i.e. Nathan: I'm sorry your family's going through this).  Where are the condolences for the Quartermaines?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Really, Dante? You don't need to be a cop to know that killing is the bigger problem here. He knows that Sonny shot AJ because Ava was egging him on. No one was in imminent danger. AJ was literally on his knees begging for his life. There was nothing ambiguous about it. It was first-degree murder. How he feels about AJ is irrelevant.

Sonny's son is an asshole.

But like I said - and obviously this is only my opinion/impression of the dialogue - I didn't get that impression he was saying it was ambiguous at all. He was saying he understood how a man can give into the temptation of killing someone, even when that killing is not remotely justified.

And that's my last post on the subject, I promise. :) At least until tomorrow.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I don't have a problem with Dante saying that. I do have a problem with it when it's coupled with Bobbie dismissing A.J. as a jerk no one liked anyway on the night of the reveal - something Bobbie would never do, IMO - and then the other day, with Lucas saying "A.J. was also somewhat responsible." Responsible for what? He didn't kill Connie. He tried to tell Sonny.

I feel like what it comes down to is: The show wanted a big shocking story beat where Sonny kills his old enemy/the wrong man, it wanted to play this long-standing drama with Michael and his two families, but as it is most times with Ron, it doesn't want to pay the tab. It only wants a superficial ripple effect or consequences. It wants the show to resume its acceptance of Sonny and Carly, it doesn't care about A.J. (and in the case of Sean Kanan, I worry RC and FV's alleged active dislike of the guy has trickled down into the writing) and dismisses him as just the plot motive for the conflict between father and son. It wants everything to basically go back to the way it was, maybe with some minor tweaks, and it doesn't want it to be questioned. That's why it has been pushing - since the very night! - that oh, Sonny and Carly just wanted to protect Michael, it's just A.J., it's family making us do crazy things and besides, Michael is making Carly cry. Why is Michael being so mean?

It's such horseshit. And I don't know why I bother getting angry because Ron has been unable to deal with the consequences of his 'bold' story choices since Dorian took the Buchanan empire on OLTL, to say nothing of the re-rape of Marty Saybrooke which he clearly, no matter what he claims, genuinely thought played as a love story. (He had Todd II/Victor having wild sex romps with another woman less than six months later.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 19

I may be out on a limb all by my lonesome here, but I am all for Michael never forgiving Sonny or Carly and making their respective lives miserable.  They have betrayed him on more than one occasion and all their talk about love is pure crap. Neither Carly nor Sonny are capable of loving another person.  What about their other children? There is Morgan and Joss and Kristina and Dante.  Where is all the love for those children?  It is nonexistent because they can't believe that they can't shit on Michael and keep him chained with their 'love'. 

There will be much more tension if they keep the bitter disgust Michael feels going for as long as possible.  Now that they have made headway turning Dante into a Sonny apologist they don't need Michael making up excuses for Sonny.  I'd like to see Sonny even further isolated from his family.  Morgan needs to be moved away from his old man too. 

• Love 15

I don't have a problem with Dante saying that. I do have a problem with it when it's coupled with Bobbie dismissing A.J. as a jerk no one liked anyway on the night of the reveal - something Bobbie would never do, IMO - and then the other day, with Lucas saying "A.J. was also somewhat responsible."

Exactly.  They could have gotten across the same point without Dante talking about his lack of personal feelings about AJ.  It's the show saying, "Hey, Dante doesn't give a shit about AJ, you shouldn't either!".

• Love 5

I don't have a problem with Dante saying that. I do have a problem with it when it's coupled with Bobbie dismissing A.J. as a jerk no one liked anyway on the night of the reveal - something Bobbie would never do, IMO - and then the other day, with Lucas saying "A.J. was also somewhat responsible." Responsible for what? He didn't kill Connie. He tried to tell Sonny.

I agree (especially about Bobbie). I'm just defending Dante more because he has a tendency to be called Sonny 2.0 whenever he messes up. :) But I can't even be mad at Bobbie either. It makes no sense for her to be so pro-Sonny. Pro-Carly, yes, but even then she would never tell Michael to just get over it.

I feel like what it comes down to is: The show wanted a big shocking story beat where Sonny kills his old enemy/the wrong man, it wanted to play this long-standing drama with Michael and his two families, but as it is most times with Ron, it doesn't want to pay the tab. It only wants a superficial ripple effect or consequences. It wants the show to resume its acceptance of Sonny and Carly, it doesn't care about A.J. (and in the case of Sean Kanan, I worry RC and FV's alleged active dislike of the guy has trickled down into the writing) and dismisses him as just the plot motive for the conflict between father and son. It wants everything to basically go back to the way it was, maybe with some minor tweaks, and it doesn't want it to be questioned. That's why it has been pushing - since the very night! - that oh, Sonny and Carly just wanted to protect Michael, it's just A.J., it's family making us do crazy things and besides, Michael is making Carly cry. Why is Michael being so mean?

It's funny because I got why Guza was invested in keeping Michael's relationship with his parents as-is. If Ron fully reconciles Michael to Sonny and Carly I'm gonna think he's doing it out of sheer laziness, and that's ridiculous. 

I think it's more about Ron and Frank shitting on Sean Kanan (especially Ron) than it is about any Sonny love either of them may have, which is ridiculous, because Sean Kanan is not AJ and hasn't even occupied the role the longest. If they were smart (or not so sadly petty) and  they really wanted to stick it to him they'd've recast with a hut guy 10 years younger.

That said, Michael hasn't made up with his parents yet. So I'm gonna save my rants for when it happens, although obviously I understand you guys getting a jump start. 

I may be out on a limb all by my lonesome here, but I am all for Michael never forgiving Sonny or Carly and making their respective lives miserable.

Have you been read all the posts yet? :)

The line about Olivia (nice glow)  being "indictment Mary" was pretty good - too.

Can you explain the reference, I don't get it. Thanks!

Exactly.  They could have gotten across the same point without Dante talking about his lack of personal feelings about AJ.  It's the show saying, "Hey, Dante doesn't give a shit about AJ, you shouldn't either!".

Totally agree. 

• Love 2

It's funny because I got why Guza was invested in keeping Michael's relationship with his parents as-is. If Ron fully reconciles Michael to Sonny and Carly I'm gonna think he's doing it out of sheer laziness, and that's ridiculous. 

Guza, at least, would play this for a year or more. He would probably drag Michael through the mud much more than RC to sanctify Sonny, but he would play it long. And you're right, with Ron it always comes down to laziness. It's like I said: He loves the big moment, he plans everything around it, neglects decent storytelling in the pursuit of that plot beat, and after it hits he gets bored. He wants it all (or most of it) to go back to the way it was, and the easiest way to do that is this casual disinterest on the part of the show and many of the characters towards Michael's pain. Everything is being pushed as 'Michael is being too harsh - it's just A.J.!' Like, we did the November sweeps drama, what more do you guys want? That's honestly their attitude and too many people in the press indulge them on it. I've been here before and I'm just so tired of it.

I hold out a little hope that Michael as a Q and at ELQ will stick, but I feel like they're pushing me way too much on this whole thing already and that they will use Fluke to re-unite the family. It's way too soon for that.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

I'm not joking, really,, but I take it KS and BB's baby's name is Harper?  I don't follow them in RL.

I was a huge Samtrick shipper, but am also underwhelmed.   I think it is the goofy grin on Patricks face, I think JT can't control himself about getting his hands on KeMo, or something.   It is coming off as dorky and not sexy, I thought Patrick and Sabrina were hotter.  What a let down.

• Love 1

To be fair, Johnny did not say that he always wanted a daughter at all. 

That was fine, saying he wanted a daughter. Saying he wanted one specifically named Harper was crossing the cheese line

Blackie -yeah, that's the name of their daughter.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
I'm still trying to think of how Lucas could say A.J. was responsible for his own shooting and all I can come back to is fat.

That, and AJ existed.

I hold out a little hope that Michael as a Q and at ELQ will stick, but I feel like they're pushing me way too much on this whole thing already and that they will use Fluke to re-unite the family. It's way too soon for that.

There's no way Michael and Sonny won't reconcile. The show just doesn't work that way, no matter who's writing it. But there's so much more drama to mine if Michael is allowed to have his estrangement. Too bad Ron doesn't care about mining drama for any length of time. As long as he hits his stupid plot points, he's fine.

• Love 1

BB and KS were sparkly. Did Maxie explain why she was so dressed up? Is she working? Looking for a job? Doing something besides prepping for another round of mattress tag with Det. Special Kitty.

I can't even with Jakeson and Helena. First she recaps the conversation they had yesterday, then he flashes back to the conversation they had yesterday. We get it Ron, he's supposed to kill both Sam and Patrick. Yeesh, I guess the brainwashing made Jason as ineffectual as Shawn.

• Love 2

Yeah, I actually could get behind JoMax, if they stayed away from meta jokes.

Maxie is always dressed nicely for no reason. Or, she used to be, so this is just kind of a return to the status quo.

• Love 3

Okay here is my take on  Sonny and Michael and what Dante said. First it seems most people didn't like AJ in general before he was killed so to me people still not caring about AJ is obviously whats going to happen. So I don't see people in general shrugging off AJ's death as propping Sonny. Second when Sonny killed AJ he thought he was avenging Connie's death so even though in the end he knows that isn't true and still isn't sorry he killed him what Dante was saying is he gets how Sonny in the heat of the moment could kill a man he thought killed his love. Just like I assume if someone killed Lulu Dante could and would kill that person over putting him in prison. So I have no problem with what Dante said. And Sonny is his father and even abused children will still love their parent so I also have no problem with Dante being okay with Sonny in prison but still loving him. I think that is what he means about Michael. Michael thinks by cutting Sonny out of his life he can cut out his love but he can't. No matter how angry Michael is at Sonny he can never be rid of him. I think he sees Michael being so famboyant about his need to cut Sonny out of his life as an indicator he isn't handling this well. He sees it as Michael not handling things in a healthy way. Dante seems more healthy to me. He doesn't stress over Sonny, nor seek him out but he accepts his presence and knows he is what he is. I think he feels Michael should just ignore Sonny not make this big gestures.

• Love 1

There's no way Michael and Sonny won't reconcile. The show just doesn't work that way, no matter who's writing it. But there's so much more drama to mine if Michael is allowed to have his estrangement. Too bad Ron doesn't care about mining drama for any length of time. As long as he hits his stupid plot points, he's fine.

Eventually, but I'm hoping it takes a longer than we think. After all, if Michael reconciles too quickly with them what will be Sonny and Carly's story? They need mean old Michael to keep their star-crossed love apart!

I'm still trying to think of how Lucas could say A.J. was responsible for his own shooting and all I can come back to is fat.

If he was skinnier Sonny might have missed.  Mass of the target, etc.

And of course, of course Jason took that goddamn dragon statue...mybabyaidan, you win a cookie in the shape of bar ware.

Yes!  I shall destroy it wisely.  Sam is going to have a meltdown when she sees it missing.  I am surprised she isn't still carrying it around with her.

I wonder how stupid Kelly and Jason felt filming that ridiculous shower nonsense.  The dialogue would have been cringeworthy enough if they had to actually ACT it out....Just saying it had to be a riot.  I would pay to see what they were actually doing while reciting all of that.

• Love 2

The Jake scenes are a lot better to watch if you tell yourself he was grossed out/stumbling around just from going in on people having sex, and have Al Bundy do the narrative in your head (from when he was watching Marcy/Jefferson/Steve fight and Marcy showed off lingerie) "I'M BLIND! I'm bliiiind! Peg, it's all darkness!"

So Luke shouldn't conspire with Helena, Nik, but you can hide out the woman who did all that to your sister? Ooookay.

I lost track of Sonny talking about Bill... did he say he did the hit for Frank Smith or that just that Bill might know Sonny just did work for Frank in general?

So now Johnny is officially in the Helena/Fason evil group? Uh No. Look I know he's not a good guy but no way do I buy he's going as bad as its looking like they're making him. I wanted JoMax at one time and I think Brandan and Kirsten are cute but nothing warrants all their scenes today. A quick exchange, sure. But not all those scenes and certainly not the BS of Johnny suddenly reeeeaaally wanting kids. So he did all that reading, thinking of kids, forming his group of prison boyz AND aligning himself with PCs evil crew? Johnny 's one hell of a multitasker?

I don't understand this impulse Dante supposedly understands. The impulse to kill someone clearing his name to you? Killing someone in blinding hate regardless of actual facts? Bobbie, Dante and Lucas should all just stop talking about it, unless of course it's revealed in Ron's Off Screen Show, that terrible AJ stopped at a buffet before confronting Ava that night. But YAY that Dante at least got to say Sonny belongs in jail.

If Lulu and Olivia ever break up I'll be crushed.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

Cattitude, I understand what youre saying. But my problem with your reasoning is that Sonny didn't raise Dante. Dante didn't even know about Sonny being his father until after Sonny shot him point blank in the chest. And they haven't been particularly close at all. So there should be no loyalty.

• Love 6

The Jake scenes are a lot better to watch if you tell yourself he was grossed out/stumbling around just from going in on people having sex, and have Al Bundy do the narrative in your head (from when he was watching Marcy/Jefferson/Steve fight and Marcy showed off lingerie) "I'M BLIND! I'm bliiiind! Peg, it's all darkness!"

lmao.

So now Johnny is officially in the Helena/Fason evil group? Uh No. Look I know he's not a good guy but no way do I buy he's going as bad as its looking like they're making him. I wanted JoMax at one time and I think Brandan and Kirsten are cute but nothing warrants all their scenes today. A quick exchange, sure. But not all those scenes and certainly not the VS of Johnny suddenly reeeeaaally wanting kids. So he did all that reading, thinking of kids, forming his group of prison boyz AND aligning himself with PCs evil crew? Johnny 's one hell of a multitasker?

Johnny's guys help him out. A lot. 

Julian is who named him as part of the superleague of evil, so it doesn't really mean much coming from the man who was totally 100% fine with killing a 19 year old (Morgan) and his not-much-older-brother.

I don't understand this impulse Dante supposedly understands. The impulse to kill someone clearing his name to you? Killing someone in blinding hate regardless of actual facts? Bobbie, Dante and Lucas should all just stop talking about it, unless of course it's revealed in Ron's Off Screen Show, that terrible AJ stopped at a buffet before confronting Ava that night. 

You've realized that's what we're going to see now, right? In an episode three months from now told in confusing flashback form. AJ's gonna be hitting up Jake's, the Metro court, Kelly, Jasam's Chinese restaurant, the Haunted Star.

If Lulu and Olivia ever break up I'll be crushed.

I know. And pregnancy looks fantastic on LLC. 

• Love 5

I think Lucas was more talking about AJ having some responsibility in the whole feud with him and Sonny/Carly. Although, even to that I say, fuck you, Lucas, you're wrong.

I think JT can't control himself about getting his hands on KeMo, or something.   It is coming off as dorky and not sexy, I thought Patrick and Sabrina were hotter.  What a let down.

It's so disconcerting, but Patrick/Sabrina's sex scene was indeed hotter that the Samtrick one. However, JT/KM reciting really bad sexy dialogue from the shower unseen was such amazing comedy, so I appreciated that.

First it seems most people didn't like AJ in general before he was killed so to me people still not caring about AJ is obviously whats going to happen. So I don't see people in general shrugging off AJ's death as propping Sonny.

But I'd argue that the mere fact that everyone hates AJ is evidence of Sonny propping.

• Love 9

I spaced out for most of Dante's scenes, but love how committed he was to finding Shawn.  "He's not here?  Eh, might as well grab a burger and chat".   I get he was off the clock, but it was still funny.

I'll say this about Billy Miller....he does a much better "brain damage" face than Burton.  Burton just looked constipated all the time.  Billy doesn't look as silly.  (I refuse to type BM and constipation in the same paragraph, because I am still 12 apparently)

• Love 5

I agree with ulkis.  Dante had just come from punching Johnny in the face, so he understands the impulse for violence when being egged on.  I think the comment about not knowing AJ was more about, "I don't know if he's like Johnny, egging Sonny on, and therefore the impulse gets out of control".  

That's how I saw it  Out of everyone who's been all "AJ deserved it because he was breathing", Dante's been one of the few, (other than the Qs) who never said it, as far as I remember.  

But then I'm biased for Dante!!

• Love 4
But I'd argue that the mere fact that everyone hates AJ is evidence of Sonny propping.

Absolutely.  Everybody hating AJ makes it ok for Sonny to have killed him which means Sonny isn't so bad so don't be hating.

• Love 9

That's how I saw it  Out of everyone who's been all "AJ deserved it because he was breathing", Dante's been one of the few, (other than the Qs) who never said it, as far as I remember.

In my case, it doesn't help that I remember Dante's reaction to AJ back when he first returned.  He was far from neutral, calling him a loser and the like, and basically ordering Michael to stay away from him.

• Love 3