Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sonny and Julian's spat was hilarious. I'm mostly Team Julian here, because relying on Shawn is asking for disaster, but Julian hasn't done much to try to get rid of Fake!Luke. I loved Julian's "Oh, FFS" look when the new goons showed up.

LOL that Patrick gets temporarily cockblocked by a photograph. And ew, asking Sam if he lived up to her dream. 

Jake seeing Robin was nice, but it's also bullshit. He's had ample time to develop a conscience about being brainwashed.

• Love 4

Robin being Jake's first connection /memory from the past was my aaahhhhh moment. I was intrigued by Robin being Jake's conscious as well.

SamTrick no longer bothers me. The room, the lighting or both were too dark during their scenes though.

I thought KMc and BM had a nice rapport, too. Especially for two people who had never met or worked together. I loved the moment Rob touched his head and said "I'm in here." I'll love Jase/Rob's connection forevah.

• Love 1

"Hey on the subject of your family? How's your mom?!" Finally, Johnny!

However much I've been wanting that done to Dante I'm not anti-Dante and so I fully support Dante changing his number on Michael to stop being his personal cop, whether he has a right to call any cops or not. C'Mon Dante!

Julian's "speed it up" hand motions, and the other background faces/motions/ reactions during the Sonny/Shawn call were awesome. I loved the hand motion was after Sonny was all "hey I got my hands on a phone!" Then again it was Shawn Sonny was talking too he may have actually needed that explained. But still, WdV was my silent hero today.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5
LOL that Patrick gets temporarily cockblocked by a photograph. And ew, asking Sam if he lived up to her dream.

Gross, gross, gross.

Jake seeing Robin was nice, but it's also bullshit. He's had ample time to develop a conscience about being brainwashed.

Especially since ol' Jase never gave many fucks for Robin when he knew who the hell he was. No, I'm one who will NEVER forget his vulture move during Monkey Virus. Robin is better off without him as well as Patrick at this stage. Find a hot Parisian guy.

• Love 2

What was Helena saying about Laura at the beginning of the episode?  I couldn't follow what she was saying.

I enjoyed Julian/Sonny and Dante/Lulu/Johnny.  But all things "Soldier Boy" continue to bore me.  Not even a Robin as conscious could do anything for me.  And it's not that BM is a bad actor, but he is dull and this story is just blah.

Jason Thompson needs to eat a burger and go to the gym.  

• Love 3

And his head in the picture was HUGE and hilarious. I LOL'd when I saw it.

ulkis, it doesn't matter to me that Sam was married to Jason. That makes it worse, actually. Robin was just a friend. After watching GH for too long at this point and having seen every Patty scene, his stance on Jason now is hypocritical and filled with lies. And if we're gonna excuse him because Jason's "dead" and not a threat? I just can't.

• Love 4

I did appreciate how DZ consistently whispered during their scenes and showed that Dante was trying to keep it private even though the script forced them to fight in front of Johnny. And I forgot to say it but BB was good too Friday when he showed how much Johnny wanted to punch back when Dante got in his face, but he had to restrain himself.

• Love 1
What was Helena saying about Laura at the beginning of the episode?  I couldn't follow what she was saying.

That she was insipid, she disappeared off the Haunted Star, blah blah blah. The usual Helena hates Laura stuff.

Edited by dubbel zout

Robin is better off without him as well as Patrick at this stage. Find a hot Parisian guy.

Yes to this x 66648974. This episode reminded me of how sick it is that Robin puts everyone and everything ahead of herself while everyone else does whatever the fuck they want and don't even think of her.

• Love 7

So this whole Jakeson-Patrick-Sam thing seems to be a complete re-do of Todd-Tomas-Blair. Except in the latter case, Todd's 'imaginary friend' was his evil, insane mother who was convincing him to go upstairs and put an end to Tomas/Blair while Todd was determined NOT to make the mistakes he had before. (And Blair declaring love and then fucking Tomas was so beyond out of character for her considering his actions it was RIDICULOUS.) Plus, the scene really were focusing on Blair making the decision to be with Tomas actually being all about Todd, and then Todd downstairs.

THIS is Robin playing the role of Jakeson's imaginary friend which was definitely a good thing given everything... while Sam and Patrick are upstairs having developing a somewhat believable friendship turned romance. So... there are definite improvements made believe me. At least we didn't have Robin downstairs after having escaped again and listening to Patrick getting it on with Sam or anything like that. Because... that would suck big time.

• Love 4

And his head in the picture was HUGE and hilarious. I LOL'd when I saw it.

ulkis, it doesn't matter to me that Sam was married to Jason. That makes it worse, actually. Robin was just a friend. After watching GH for too long at this point and having seen every Patty scene, his stance on Jason now is hypocritical and filled with lies. And if we're gonna excuse him because Jason's "dead" and not a threat? I just can't.

I mean, I'm not excusing him per se. I just understand Patrick not caring about Jason since he thinks he's dead. But that's just my fanwank, I don't think it's an Official Show Reason necessarily.

Sonny and Julian's spat was hilarious. I'm mostly Team Julian here, because relying on Shawn is asking for disaster, but Julian hasn't done much to try to get rid of Fake!Luke. I loved Julian's "Oh, FFS" look when the new goons showed up.

Julian's "speed it up" hand motions, and the other background faces/motions/ reactions during the Sonny/Shawn call were awesome. I loved the hand motion was after Sonny was all "hey I got my hands on a phone!" Then again it was Shawn Sonny was talking too he may have actually needed that explained. But still, WdV was my silent hero today.

All of this, basically. Julian and Johnny saved this episode for me.

• Love 2

That she was insipid, she disappeared off the Haunted Star, blah blah blah. The usual Helena hates Laura stuff.

When did Laura disappear off the Haunted Star?

I thought she was on the docks during a fog when Stavfroze snatched her in '81?

After watching GH for too long at this point and having seen every Patty scene, his stance on Jason now is hypocritical and filled with lies. And if we're gonna excuse him because Jason's "dead" and not a threat? I just can't.

Heatlifer, I get this. Patdouche, gave Robin constant grief about her relationship with Jason. He didn't give a damn about Jason last year and was okay with letting him die. Now he's okay with hearing about how great Jason is.

Cartini has broken me. For the past couple of weeks I can't muster enough energy to hate, rage, or care about 98% of the show which has lead to sporadic viewing. Hard to watch shows that have shitty storylines and awful cheap public access sets with pathetic lackluster writing.

• Love 3
while Sam and Patrick are upstairs having developing a somewhat believable friendship turned romance.

Except I don't find it believable whatsoever. These two became BFFs in a hurry - and considering their prior interactions - Sam screaming at Patrick with his "wife's" ashes on him...yeah, no. These two may have lost children in common, but I can't even buy that as Patrick gave no fucks about his spawn despite lip service.

What these two are, in my view, is a plot point of the pointiest order. Put together for the fallout when Jakeson remembers he is a hitman...and if Robin ever escapes captor #2,954,106. And Sam being torn will be a joke since she has NEVER been bothered by being a mob moll and was never the white picket fence type. Not worth, IMO, any investment.

It all just rings so false to me, and warps the characters to fit the square pegs in the round holes.

• Love 4

Heatlifer, I get this. Patdouche, gave Robin constant grief about her relationship with Jason. He didn't give a damn about Jason last year and was okay with letting him die. Now he's okay with hearing about how great Jason is.

Cartini has broken me. For the past couple of weeks I can't muster enough energy to hate, rage, or care about 98% of the show which has lead to sporadic viewing. Hard to watch shows that have shitty storylines and awful cheap public access sets with pathetic lackluster writing.

He never cared about Jason or respected Jason. And, yes, let's not forget he wanted Jason to stay dead. Sorry, I'm not gonna let this show pretend like Patrick is some understanding prince for Sam. He's a liar who STILL hasn't told her the entire story about Robin and Jason. And Sam has to look dumb screwing someone whose ex-wife went to SAVE her husband.

And after today, I don't know how this is anything more than a plot point. Jason downstairs, Jason talking to Robin about Sam, Jason's picture, Samtrick talking about Jason in bed. This is not a Samtrick love story. It's actually RC destroying Scrubs, Robin, and Patrick for JaSam.

Heeee. KMc just tweeted that she loved working with Billy. More, please!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

Wherever she disappeared from, Helena mentioned it. The main gist of Helena talking about Laura was to remind us that Helena hates Laura now and forever.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Brandon/Kirsten/Harper might be the best thing about tomorrow. I'd rather see pretty people than TG talking to himself in a basement.

Well sure but I wasn't comparing it to that. I was thinking more along the lines of "would rather see the writers script an actual conversation" v "watching Johnny and Maxie make a bunch of meta 'jokes'".

• Love 6

BWAH! Shawn continues to be the worst henchman ever. Not only was he busted by Michael, who called the cops on him (which, Bravo Michael!) but he stuck at the house rather than follow Fluke, which was his actual assignment from Sonny.

Johnny, never ever change. (how's your Mom? heh)

Damm, are Sam's sheets really grey?

Yes, Sam's bedroom has fallen victim to the graying... perhaps this is a new, more serious strain of "the taupe" that afflicted many of PC's women a few years back. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 3

At this point, for me, the only reveal in the Fluke storyline that will satisfy me will be if he is Luke.  (See his constipated look and dislike of the name "Jake.")  Any other person speculated, including - especially - Bill Eckert, 

I can't decide if that scene supports or opposes by 'Fluke is Luke' theory.  The dialogue does, but TG played it . . . oddly. 

I also found it strange that he only used an accent when saying "Helena". 

(edited)

Luke and Laura were living on the Haunted Star at the time...Laura went for a walk, and 'disappeared', so what Helena was saying was true.

This show just really, really REALLY hates Kimberly. I'm surprised they didn't put her in burlap. Despite?/Inspite? of making her look as unattractive as possible, I still can see how attractive Kimberly is. So FUCK YOU, you fuckwits and the make-up people, hairstylists...EVERYONE who was involved with how Robin was supposed to look.

I want to say I hope this is the last we see of Robin, but I'm afraid we'll see her again once Jason recovers his memory. Because apparently "No thank you" is not in Kimberly's vocabulary except for saying no to returning full time (which I do NOT blame her for. I just wish she would say no to any more visits).

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I can't decide if that scene supports or opposes by 'Fluke is Luke' theory.  The dialogue does, but TG played it . . . oddly. 

I doubt Ron knows. And even if he does, he'll change it as a "twist" and pull shit that makes no sense out of his ass and make Fluke's identity fit.

• Love 2

That damn accent. I was foolishly thinking the other day TG seems to have dropped the accent, and it was creeping back today, although not as blatantly as he was doing it a couple of weeks ago. I really just think it's TG having fun. Bleh. Go start a play circle (having a brain freeze right now, whatever it's called where you sit and read plays aloud) if you want to do random accents, Tony Geary.

• Love 1

I like Sam/Patrick but why were the writers acting like Sam has never had sex post Jason. And how awkward was it when she stopped midway to put a picture away. This whole story is basically Sabrina/Patrick/Robin redux. RC is incapable of writing something new.

Jake had me cracking up. Why was he staring so intently at the dinning room table. And don't get me started on how pointless/bizzare the Robin vision was. They couldn't bring KMc back for something more important that that weird scene.

• Love 3

Sam is all about Jason. Patrick is Sabrina.

I love the smell of upcoming (I hope) schadenfreude, don't you?

Does Dante know PC is filled with mobsters and other criminals, including his father and father in law? If he was really concerned about his family being near dangerous people he should be trying to get them out of town.

The easy answer to your question is yes. I know Sonny is in prison now, but before that Dante gave no fucks about what the midgety moobster did to make money. Luke is borderline, since Dante has had issues with him, but given the Sonny stuff, it kind of loses its impact for me.

I want to say I hope this is the last we see of Robin, but I'm afraid we'll see her again once Jason recovers his memory. Because apparently "No thank you" is not in Kimberly's vocabulary except for saying no to returning full time (which I do NOT blame her for. I jus wish she would say no to any more visits).

KMc will never say no to the show, unfortunately. She obviously feels very loyal to it and RC and Frank would have to say no to her.

But that shouldn't even matter. They need to just free Robin and let her be happy off-screen. It's.so.easy. They've tortured the character enough at this point. And it's even more annoying because Robin isn't even a factor in Sam/Patrick/Jason. Patrick is written to be over it and not wanting to live in the past; he doesn't talk about her except to say "Yeah, Whatevs" when it comes to her. Anna don't care, Maxie don't care, her daughter don't care. There's no point in keeping her captive for angst if there's no angst!!!!

Bwah. Sam is whatever to me, but seeing Patty suffer is going to be epic.

• Love 3

The easy answer to your question is yes. I know Sonny is in prison now, but before that Dante gave no fucks about what the midgety moobster did to make money.

Oh, he definitely did. He may not have cared enough since he didn't actually put him away, but he's pointed out the way Sonny makes his money many times. I actually quoted a transcript in the Sonny thread the other day where Dante pointed out to him he could live a life of luxury without having to pick up a gun ever again. 

(You had to know I was going to respond to this, didn't you? ;))

Speaking of money, I wonder if they are going to do something with the fact that Nikolas lent Lulu the money to buy the Haunted Star since they brought it up again out of nowhere today.

Edited by ulkis
but before that Dante gave no fucks about what the midgety moobster did to make money

But...but...but...! He's a coffee importer! It isn't as if he used the money he gained through mob contacts and general nefarious needs to start up his business which he has since used as a front to launder his mob money or anything so criminal.

I like Sam/Patrick but why were the writers acting like Sam has never had sex post Jason. And how awkward was it when she stopped midway to put a picture away. This whole story is basically Sabrina/Patrick/Robin redux. RC is incapable of writing something new.

I FF'd most of their scenes but didn't SiAmbien have sex at Sam's penthouse?

I FF'd most of their scenes but didn't SiAmbien have sex at Sam's penthouse?

Sam mentioned it on Friday to Alexis, I think.

The way they keep going back and forth with Sam and Patrick it's naturally whiplash inducing, imo. They can never decide if they are taking things slow, jumping into the deep end, if they are in fact "moving on" or just moving a picture over on the mantle while they get busy and then they have "doubts" afterwards.

Speaking of money, I wonder if they are going to do something with the fact that Nikolas lent Lulu the money to buy the Haunted Star since they brought it up again out of nowhere today.

I thought at the time it was implied by Lulu that she was "borrowing" the money from Nikolas but she wasn't really ever going to pay him back.

So much drab gray in the penthouse. Sam should have lit more than one candle to brighten up the room.

Oh Johnny, how I love you so. Gold. I want him to stay and team up with Ava. Professionally and/or otherwise.

I bet BB and MW would be smoking together.  I'm talking more theoretically than practical because I don't see an organic reason for the two of them to be together but in the right story, I think it would be amazing - they both have shown an ability to generate chemistry, sexual or otherwise, with most of their scene partners. 

• Love 5

I thought at the time it was implied by Lulu that she was "borrowing" the money from Nikolas but she wasn't really ever going to pay him back.

I think it was too at the time but since Nik is daaaaahk right now I could see him seizing the boat back for Helena to use or something. Maybe that's why they had her say she said she regret giving it to Luke and Laura.

The way they keep going back and forth with Sam and Patrick it's naturally whiplash inducing, imo. They can never decide if they are taking things slow, jumping into the deep end, if they are in fact "moving on" or just moving a picture over on the mantle while they get busy and then they have "doubts" afterwards.

Can never decide if "They" are moving on? Or if "They" have doubts? Or just Sam? 'Cause that's the worst thing about this story. Patrick has no POV. He's fine and dandy.

• Love 1

The best thing for the show to have done with Patrick, after he served Robin with divorce papers (because he was angry, bitter and being a regular douchecanoe) was to have him start banging everyone in sight. You know, just like when his character was first introduced? THAT would have been right in character. Just as he should have been doing this when Robin "died."

But this regime doesn't believe in having General Hospital characters act in character; they want to twist, turn and reshape them into how they want and character and history? What's that?

• Love 1

I see it as TPTB being to cheap and/or lazy to buy her a wardrobe.

If something happened to Patty boy, Mac would raise Emma. That's were the hacks should say she is vs all the damn sleepovers. Mac is the best father/parent on this FAKATA show.

Although even Mac isn't curious about Robin's whereabouts at this point. So the writers are even ruining Mac, like they've made Patrick a shit husband and Anna careless about her own traumatized kid. It's all crap. It's all wildly out of character. It's maddening. Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

The best thing for the show to have done with Patrick, after he served Robin with divorce papers (because he was angry, bitter and being a regular douchecanoe) was to have him start banging everyone in sight. You know, just like when his character was first introduced? THAT would have been right in character. Just as he should have been doing this when Robin "died."

But this regime doesn't believe in having General Hospital characters act in character; they want to twist, turn and reshape them into how they want and character and history? What's that?

They'd rather write Patrick as Sam's boyfriend who has no life, no problems, no worries, etc.

Can never decide if "They" are moving on? Or if "They" have doubts? Or just Sam? 'Cause that's the worst thing about this story. Patrick has no POV. He's fine and dandy.

Well they did have Patrick bring up Robin today, for two seconds, talking about her in the past tense of course. How she is in "his past", etc.

But really Patrick would always be fine as long as he got a new bed mate, per his usual requirement to be kept a happy camper. 

They'd rather write Patrick as Sam's boyfriend who has no life, no problems, no worries, etc.

[Preview commercial "In a world" narrative of doom voice] Except for the problems caused when his life is turned upside down when the ex-husband returns to claim what's his. [/narrative voice]

It's like paint by numbers.  I would imagine every Samtrick scene from here on out until the Jason reveal is going to have some underlying theme involving Jason or setting Samtrick up to make the fall even harder when the reveal occurs.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

As always, their feelings are dictated by whatever particular plot point the story needs to serve that day.

• Love 3
Yes, Sam's bedroom has fallen victim to the graying... perhaps this is a new, more serious strain of "the taupe" that afflicted many of PC's women a few years back. 

A friend and I were discussing all the grey the other day, and she brought up an interesting point that hadn't occurred to me:  Frank probably had everything painted grey as a cost-cutting measure, because then walls can be easily interchanged and used on different/multiple sets.

• Love 1

Well they did have Patrick bring up Robin today, for two seconds, talking about her in the past tense of course. How she is in "his past", etc.

But really Patrick would always be fine as long as he got a new bed mate, per his usual requirement to be kept a happy camper.

I thought Patty was way flip and borderline insulting talking about Robin is his past considering she's still alive and still the mother of his child. He has no clue where she is and hasn't talked to her in months. It doesn't matter if they're done romantically, why isn't he concerned and why is Sam OK about it? That's a rhetorical question.

[Preview commercial "In a world" narrative of doom voice] Except for the problems caused when his life is turned upside down when the ex-husband returns to claim what's his. [/narrative voice]

It's like paint by numbers. I would imagine every Samtrick scene from here on out until the Jason reveal is going to have some underlying theme involving Jason or setting Samtrick up to make the fall even harder when the reveal occurs.

LOL, yup. Jason will be a subject up until the day of the reveal.

• Love 1