Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I went and looked over the transcript, I'm getting the episodes crossed. In the episode where Kiki confesses they knew the truth too, Morgan said "it's complicated" (which, wrong answer Morgan, but he's definitely not like "dude, get it over it right now"), Kiki does most of the talking, and then Michael leaves and Morgan stops him but he goes anyway. Last scene:

Michael: You lied -- both of you.

Kiki: Yes, we did, and I'm sorry, but we did it to protect you, okay? Because we -- we knew that it would tear you apart, and we didn't want to see you hurting like this.

Morgan: We didn't want you to lose dad after you just lost AJ.

Michael: So you thought it was best to protect my relationship with the man who murdered my father after he swore to me he wouldn't hurt AJ?

Kiki: Come on, Michael. You told me over and over again how much Sonny helped you with your grief.

Morgan: We were trying to protect you, Michael. We didn't want to hurt you.

Michael: So you decided amongst yourselves that I shouldn't know the truth -- that it was okay to lie to me -- me just to go on being the fool who loves his parents, the fool who loves you... who thought -- who thought you loved me?

Kiki: Michael, we do love you. We did this because we love you.

Michael: If that's your idea of what love is, I want nothing to do with either of you.

Morgan: Wait.

Kiki: Michael.

Morgan: Wait, Michael. Come on. Hey, come on here, brother.

Michael: You're not my brother.

Morgan: Come on. Please.

Michael: Not anymore.

So basically, Morgan does not really get much of a chance to say anything because that albatross is there. And then the next time they see each other Michael accuses Kiki of helping Ava escape and that's when Morgan gets all "come on dude we were trying to help you." They have not had one single scene since then without her ass in it and I would really like them to. I will be so glad when Michael and Morgan stop getting written to center around Kristen freaking Alderson.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I don't think Ron C. gets it.  Scratch that.  We ALL KNOW he doesn't get it.  

Michael disowning Snarly and Woobles the Moobster isn't about him.  Never about him.  A lot of us don't care about that SLS and haven't since we were terrorized by the bigheaded roundfaced Muppet that was Michael for so many years.  It's about seeing those two feel some pain, some discomfort, be denied their self-delusions that they've done the right thing, that they've been good parents, and WE finally get to revel in their pain.  Finally.  It's not enough, will never be enough, but at least it's something.  Michael is a tool in more ways than one.  It's just that this time he's a tool to bring some pain to Carly and Sonny.  

I don't root FOR him, but AGAINST them.

Lucas said, when he was talking to Michael, that Carly said his father, Tony, would be proud of him.  Carly should be struck by lightening, devoured by wolves, forced to look at herself naked in a mirror, everything horrible for even mentioning Tony's name.  And Lucas should be appalled by her very existence.

You all notice that Luke and Helena are starting to look more and more alike?  Same hair, same lips, same eyes - just nowhere near the same amount of talent.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 17
Sonny killed Michael's father

But Sonny is Michael's father too.

Julian is Lucas' bio dad but he was raised by Tony, and the same goes for Michael. There's the father who gave him his DNA and there's the father who gave him an unholy complex.

AJ was his real biological father but in no way did he raise that kid, he never got the chance to, and except for a year of getting to know each other they weren't close beforehand in the slightest. In fact Michael grew up hating AJ and being afraid of him after the kidnapping incident.

I'd even bet the boathouse that if Jason had been alive when AJ returned things probably would have remained the same as before if not worse considering AJ's end the first time around. Especially with Jason taking up for Sonny and Carly keeping AJ away from Michael "for his own good" all these years, which I am sure he would have happily kept crooning about at will .

But personally I didn't see Morgan as merely trying to defend Sonny solely for being his dad but Michael's also. He saw their family falling apart and wanted to try and save it.

For their entire lives, up until that point, they had shared two parents. Michael never looked at Morgan like a half brother or vice versa, they saw one another as full bloodied brothers sharing the same mother and father and that didn't just switch off in Morgan's mind because he found out what Sonny had done.

Frankly that is a large part of my issue with this whole mess in the first place. Michael just wasn't in AJ's good graces long enough for me to forget who his parents have been all these years. Michael may be a Q by nature but he was nurtured by two slaggards and he shows the affects of that and probably always will.

Perhaps if this show hadn't forced him on me constantly since his conception I might not mind him as much and actually care a little about his pain and what he's going through.

Alas I don't. Michael's pain means nothing to me because he doesn't, they ruined him long ago as far as I'm concerned.

Just like again today I have Michael carrying on as usual and still Monica has hardly been given five minutes to speak about her kid. It's as if all AJ was now was Michael's father and that just...he was that for one bloody year at best, what about the rest of his life? All his personal and professional struggles? The other people he loved and cared about and fought and battled and knew and befriended? AJ was a hell of a lot more than a figure to prop Michael up with, at least imho.

I'd much rather see Monica actually get to talk about the son she and Alan (Who?) raised together and loved, or see Tracy make a quip about him in her own snarky yet loving way, or Ned actually expressing some remorse over not getting to deal with some of their past woes while there was still time, or anyone who had a real history with AJ that wasn't rushed and then inflated just to push along a murder that never should have happened in the first place to force apart a son from his parents who have all eaten this show alive and whole for nearly two decades.

Of course YMMV.

And Lucas should be appalled by her very existence

And how. I really don't get how they even got so close anyway, I guess off screen of course...but really Lucas spent hardly any time with or around Carly once she made herself known to Bobbie. I think that's part of the reason why he actually grew into a decent human being.

• Love 6

I do not care. Michael and A.J. spent a lot of time together, onscreen, bonding and giving each other time to get to know each other. If I can accept Julian and Lucas's largely offscreen relationship based in The Golden Girls in which Tony has been mentioned maybe twice, I have even more time for Michael and A.J. who actually built that relationship - starting with Michael caring enough to do so.

Obviously, the only way for Michael and Morgan to come to terms to wrestle shirtless over it. Cathartic, and all that.

I'll allow it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

This Michael v Sonny and Carly stuff reminds me of the scenes between Bobbie and Luke when Bobbie found out that Luke had known that Carly was her daughter. She spat "I will never forgive you .. you will think that I forgive you but you should know that when we're sitting across the table from each other at Thanksgiving, I will still hate you". That's stayed with me for this long and it was because the fallout stayed with the show for some time to come (I think this is how Bobbie spun into seeing Stephan). I don't know if it's just this show or all of the shows that are left, but despite this being a continuing story genre, there seems to be a hesitation for resentments to simmer and logical consequences come from the actions of the characters. Meaning, Michael will forgive Sonny and Carly by February and it'll all be "AJ who?"

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 5

Why does every damn thing- looking at you Borg and Peter Harrel, with a side eye to Stavros- yet we can't get a glimmer of hope that AJ is alive in a freaking pod somewhere? Ron is cool with Jason getting an ambiguous death at sea, Robin gets to not be dead and be an asshole, yet AJ gets to be dead.

There are tons of actors that can play the character, Ron. You would know. You steal them from other networks daily. Just pick one. Damn. Get a mannequin.

• Love 2

This Michael v Sonny and Carly stuff reminds me of the scenes between Bobbie and Luke when Bobbie found out that Luke had known that Carly was her daughter. She spat "I will never forgive you .. you will think that I forgive you but you should know that when we're sitting across the table from each other at Thanksgiving, I will still hate you". That's stayed with me for this long and it was because the fallout stayed with the show for some time to come (I think this is how Bobbie spun into seeing Stephan). I don't know if it's just this show or all of the shows that are left, but despite this being a continuing story genre, there seems to be a hesitation for resentments to simmer and logical consequences come from the actions of the characters. Meaning, Michael will forgive Sonny and Carly by February and it'll all be "AJ who?"

No, Bobbie's marriage to Stefan was actually done for a while before the Carly secret came out. That was a great scene between Bobbie and Luke, but she didn't stay mad at him for long at all after that, I remember. The whole Carly reveal in retrospect was unfortunately lackluster, but of course the dialogue was much better at least.

• Love 2
I do not care. Michael and A.J. spent a lot of time together, onscreen, bonding and giving each other time to get to know each other. If I can accept Julian and Lucas's largely offscreen relationship based in The Golden Girls in which Tony has been mentioned maybe twice, I have even more time for Michael and A.J. who actually built that relationship - starting with Michael caring enough to do so

My point was that Sonny is as much Michael's "real" father as AJ was, not only in Morgan's mind but also Michael's at the time of the incident. Sonny wasn't just his father, biologically or otherwise, he was Michael's too.

And Lucas didn't go tossing Tony under the bus because Julian suddenly popped back into his life claiming parentage.

Granted Tony was an actual father to Lucas, and loved him dearly, however Michael loved Sonny as his father for his whole life up until a few months ago, that's how they wrote things, regardless of the time Michael spent getting to know AJ they didn't show them getting anywhere close to the bond he had with Sonny, imo.

I really don't care how Michael feels about Sonny now, but just because he started calling AJ "Dad" for a few months and shared drinks with him and heard him tell him about he and Carly sleeping together yet again doesn't negate Michael's upbringing with Sonny.

Not to mention how sick I am that AJ has been reduced to being "Michael's father" basically. Whenever he's mentioned that's all I ever seem to hear, "AJ, Michael's father", "AJ, Michael's 'real' father", "AJ, my 'real' father".

AJ existed long before Michael and had a life that branched out incredibly wide, he was a son, a grandson, a brother, a nephew, a cousin, a friend, a lover, etc, and yet now he's effectively been whittled down to the branch on the Q tree that links Michael to them, it annoys me.

• Love 3

Lord, I'm surprised they haven't trotted Alice out yet to plead Morgan's case.  "C'mon, Master Michael, give 'em a chance!".

Oh you know this is waiting in the wings and will probably BE the reason for an actual Michael/Morgan scene.

I think Dante's scruff is blinding me to his bad hair. Or maybe it's just it could be like this (Cattitude, if you choose to watch, prepare yourself!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8KKHd_8POw&list=PL0428CEA022C49174#t=329

Okay I don't know how given his past "hairdos" anyone can be upset about his bedhead. His hair now  is NOTHING compaired to his past hair, as ulkis has forced me to view multiple times. But come on now how can you focus on his bad hair in this scene due to the horrible gold chains blinding you.LOL

Edited by Cattitude

Hee. He wore those even in the hospital.

His hair now  is NOTHING compaired to his past hair, as ulkis and forced me to view multiple times.

:innocent smile: You gotta admit though, he has such nice thick hair. I have thin hair and I would kill for his hair lol. It's wasted on a man!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Sonny is a shit father. He's not a real father to his biological children. I have to respectfully disagree.

Reasons being (and I'll keep this short):

Shot oldest in the chest, gave no clucks

Ignores girlchild

Blew up girlchild

Ended alliance protected teen Micheal in prison which got him raped

Convinced Sam to deliver girlchild early to save other girlchild, killing that girlchild

Named the girlchild a different name than what Sam wanted

May have been the reason Connie was raped as a teen

Was the reason Micheal was shot and put in a coma

Shot Carly while she birthed Morgan, causing some type of damage obviously

Banged Morgan's girlfriend on the grave of a man he killed

The man he killed was Michael's biological father, AJ

He was the reason Jason was on the docks, causing Danny to have Patrick exposure

Emma doesn't have a mother now because of Sonny

• Love 5

Okay I admit it.....I had to ff the Sam and Patrick stuff b/c I just can't. That is not remotely watchable.

I don't know if anyone but me notices how close Fluke and Helena are, but not romantic at all so I don't think he can be Mikkos. I will hold to my Bill and Patricia theory for now.

And I know ya'll give Shawn shit for good reason, but maybe Jordan has rubbed off on him a little. He DID free Ric and has managed to learn more about Fluke and Helena than anyone in town. So small victory to Shawn today.

I think the reason Julian and Sonny are focused on Michael and Lucas is.....come on guys it's obvious....plot point!

And Johnny....still a smary joker....team DANTE, Lulu looks like a dope.

• Love 2

I am with you on "Mikey". If I thought paying RC to stop that shit would work, I would do it.

Thanks to Morgan's use of Mikey, I have basically stopped calling my brother that, im not even kidding, and I only do/did when I feel like being lame... and because we spent a significant portion of our childhood pretending to be the Ninja Turtles (everyone was doing it!) And yep he was always the obvious choice. I find Morgan dropping it at all just weird because nobody else on the show even calls Michael, Mike, he's always been " Michael "... Yet here's this Mikey crap that's I guess intended to prove they're close... Or Morgan cannot process what age they're suppose to be.

Anyway I think I'd be a little more open to Morgan's supposed sorrow over being on the outs with his brother if we actually saw any of it. Its less outrageous than people pleading Carly's case since we are actually seeing her do everything other than giving a damn about any of her kids, but still. I'd might vote to keep " Mikey" around if it meant Ron would stop having the OffScreen Show. Its pretty pathetic when its looking like Sonny might be the most aware of how much they hurt Michael. Really, really, pathetic.

• Love 4

I think Michael trying to get Morgan to lighten up on Sonny for sleeping with Ava was a great way to set up how crushed Michael was when *he* was the one Sonny betrayed.  Michael spent his whole life looking up to Sonny, wanting to be in Sonny's business, and defending Sonny when no one else would, and I thought it was great to highlight that right before Michael realized how little Sonny thought of him. 

Until y'all mentioned it, I hadn't really made the connection with Carly destroying Lucas' parents' relationship.  I mean, I knew it, but I hadn't really thought about it.  Now that I'm reminded about it, I'm furious that Lucas even tolerates Carly, much less likes her and defends her. 

I'm on board with not really minding scruffy Dante.

I am with you on "Mikey". If I thought paying RC to stop that shit would work, I would do it.

It was just do overdone and not natural.  I have a brother named William.  He grew up being called Billy.  Now that he's an adult, I call him both Bill and Billy, without conscious thought, depending on the situation and audience.  It just happens.  The whole Mikey thing sounded so forced sometimes, especially when Morgan used it all the time, and it just didn't work for me.  Like, when you're fighting with your brother, you're not really likely to call him Mikey.​

• Love 4

Julian is Lucas' bio dad but he was raised by Tony, and the same goes for Michael. There's the father who gave him his DNA and there's the father who gave him an unholy complex.

AJ was his real biological father but in no way did he raise that kid, he never got the chance to, and except for a year of getting to know each other they weren't close beforehand in the slightest. In fact Michael grew up hating AJ and being afraid of him after the kidnapping incident.

I'm gonna try and keep this related to the current episode, but if I fail, will some kind mod movie it to the history thread?

Is Sonny really Michael's father, though? I mean, sure, he raised him, but the reason he raised him is because he kidnapped him from his real father, who he forced to sign away his rights under threat of having his head blown off. In fact, had Carly not gotten her claws into Tony first, Lucas would likely still have the father that raised him. Carly should be zapped by five thousand lightning bolts every time she even thinks of Tony,. much less speaks his name after what she did to him, and Lucas should vomit just at the thought of having to interact with her.

• Love 2

Okay I admit it.....I had to ff the Sam and Patrick stuff b/c I just can't. That is not remotely watchable.

Giiirl, I'm headed that way. There is nothing appealing or romantic about these two. Like, ooh, how cute, he's falling in wuv while his ex-wife is held captive! And, ooh, look at Sam screwing this dude when his ex-wife went to save her husband!

• Love 1

I'm gonna try and keep this related to the current episode, but if I fail, will some kind mod movie it to the history thread?

Is Sonny really Michael's father, though? I mean, sure, he raised him, but the reason he raised him is because he kidnapped him from his real father, who he forced to sign away his rights under threat of having his head blown off. In fact, had Carly not gotten her claws into Tony first, Lucas would likely still have the father that raised him. Carly should be zapped by five thousand lightning bolts every time she even thinks of Tony,. much less speaks his name after what she did to him, and Lucas should vomit just at the thought of having to interact with her.

Imo, yes. Sonny is an asshole and betrayed Michael and became his father in a horrible way, but he's still his father, or at least, was. Michael can renounce him and never speak to him again, but those years as father and son will still be there, even if Sonny ruined it.

(I always think of Fringe when I think about Michael/Sonny. The writers need to watch that for a course on how to get you to root for a father/son bonded that started with a kidnapping. Hint: the father in that scenario actually would in fact do anything for his son. Oh, and the father became humble and powerless and in the total care/control of his son. He didn't keep coming out as triumphing over all of his enemies.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I think Michael trying to get Morgan to lighten up on Sonny for sleeping with Ava was a great way to set up how crushed Michael was when *he* was the one Sonny betrayed. Michael spent his whole life looking up to Sonny, wanting to be in Sonny's business, and defending Sonny when no one else would, and I thought it was great to highlight that right before Michael realized how little Sonny thought of him.​

I watched a clip of M/M/K from the fall where they were at Kelly's and Kiki started in on Morgan that maybe he should visit Ava and the baby more, and it was funny because it was like the same exact scene after the AJ reveal reversed. Morgan yelled at Kiki and Michael jumps in to defend and only then Morgan gets mad at him, and then says he gets that everyone cares for him but it would be nice if someone cared for him without breaking his heart.

Once again the common denominator was Kiki. She butted in where she was wanted and the brothers fought because one of them jumped into cover for her after she started shit. Not that the brothers are totally faultless at all, but man Kiki is just a piss poor character.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

GH must have gotten a new, awesome hair person, and that person must have only had time for Liz, Sam, and Lulu.  There was some exceptional hair on Friday's show.  And then there was Rosalie, who actually has exceptional hair, looking dirty.  It was weird.

There was a lot of weird on Friday's show for me.  It's strange.  I really wanted SamTrick because they were so fun and sparkly and pretty as friends, but now that they're actually dating, I'm not feeling it.  I just get no romantic vibe from either one of them.  Maybe it's just me?  I don't know where this went wrong.  I don't hate it (and yes, I'm ignoring the Robin stuff because I've always liked Patrick and if I thought too much about it, my head would explode), but it doesn't interest me, either.  It's more just sort of there.

I also am having a hard time with Lucas as a doctor, even though I've wanted him to be one since he returned.  Maybe it's just unfamiliar, and I'll get used to it, but he was just not very convincing to me in his lab coat talking medicine.  He seemed more uncomfortable in the role than anyone since poor Silas.

• Love 1
Is Sonny really Michael's father, though?

Imo, yes. Sonny is an asshole and betrayed Michael and became his father in a horrible way, but he's still his father, or at least, was. Michael can renounce him and never speak to him again, but those years as father and son will still be there, even if Sonny ruined it.

(I always think of Fringe when I think about Michael/Sonny. The writers need to watch that for a course on how to get you to root for a father/son bonded that started with a kidnapping. Hint: the father in that scenario actually would in fact do anything for his son. Oh, and the father became humble and powerless and in the total care/control of his son. He didn't keep coming out as triumphing over all of his enemies.)

I'll post my reply in "Sonny" thread, as I'll be veering terribly off topic, heh.

Once again the common denominator was Kiki. She butted in where she was wanted and the brothers fought because one of them jumped into cover for her after she started shit. Not that the brothers are totally faultless at all, but man Kiki is just a piss poor character

Kiki is like a sort of "Helen of Troy" but without any of the appeal to make sense of why anyone would go to war for her. Heck, acting as if anyone would fight over the chance to give her their last chicken nugget is quite a stretch frankly.

I still think the fact she just blurted out the truth to Michael without a second thought during the height of his rage really harmed how he could have handled things, especially where Morgan was concerned. Morgan was trapped by the worst secret imaginable, whatever he did would still leave his family in shambles and ripped to pieces.

He already felt like the outcast in the family, as the unwanted black sheep, the screw up, and suddenly he was responsible for information that would destroy the very foundation of the family he craved the acceptance of.

When Lucas commented that perhaps Michael has simplified the matter too much, the whole "they lied to me and I shall never forget or forgive!", when it comes to Morgan, funnily enough, I agree to a point.

Michael knows what it is to sit on the most horrific of secrets because of fear and misplaced loyalty. Kiki can rot, heh, but Morgan was trying to be both a good brother and son at the same time, he didn't know how to pick a side and he never should have been put in the position to do so in the first place.

He was just as much a victim of Sonny and Carly, and even Ava in that way, because if he didn't give a damn about any of them or what would happen when the truth came out, such as jail time, prison time and losing children he would have hightailed it to Michael and spilled his guts.

I think the reason Julian and Sonny are focused on Michael and Lucas is.....come on guys it's obvious....plot point!

I see everything happening right now as nothing but plot points, heh, it's sad.

The only thing I wouldn't mind would be if Lucas gets more screen time, but there is still a fairly heavy price to pay for it. Having to put up with all the rest...and of course notLuke will be smack-dab in the middle.

There's no escape...no escape...

I just get no romantic vibe from either one of them.  Maybe it's just me?

Oh no, it isn't just you, heh, not in my world. It's exactly how I feel and why I just don't care to see them sharing scenes now. It all looks forced and plot pushy to me.

It's funny that they're trying to imply Silas was Sam's "rebound" except she and Patrick suddenly hook up just as she's broken it off with Silas and he's getting divorced from Robin.

They've both barely ended their last relationships, Patrick's being a rather complicated and extended marriage which produced a child, and suddenly they just can't get enough of each other? They had barely talked in the last year and then bam, they're suddenly BFFs again and raring to jump each other's bones like there is no tomorrow?.

That sounds an awful lot like a rebound to me.

And they're still playing it out that Sam isn't technically "over" losing Jason.

She talks about her relationship with Silas, supposedly  helping her to buffer the pain of the loss but how is that any different than what she's doing now with Patrick?

She's cradling her dead husband's picture but then she's ready to go and jump into bed with her "new man", it's just ridiculous to me. Not to mention her bringing up the subject yet again about sharing "Jason's place" with someone else.

Oh yes, that just screams to me of someone who's moved on...

And I won't even get started on Patrick, heh, I won't be able to stop.

Not even the timeline works for me where they're concerned, because Sam was still dating Silas until the end of July last year and then they broke up. Patrick ran into Robin at the clinic in August, I believe, and informed her of wanting a divorce.

It's now just January and they're racing for the bedroom after a blink and you might just miss it three months' courtship at best, acting as if they've been pining after one another for years. 

To say that I feel that the idiots in charge put a rush on their relationship is not even the tip of the iceberg as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7

I completely agree that the Jason stuff is stupid at this point.  Not that it wouldn't be normal for a widow of however many years to still have issues about her dead husband, but we ALREADY HAD the "getting over Jason" storyline.  We watched her and Silas (oh, God, especially Silas) talk about their non-dead exes for over a year while they were supposed to be falling in love and getting over it and whatever else.  

It's like RC realized that Silas and Sam weren't working for most of the audience so decided to take a sharp right turn to Patrick and Sam but without rewriting the script.  So now instead of having Jason return just as she's committed to Silas and ready to move on, we're going to have Jason return just as she's committed to Patrick and decided to move on.  It's annoying and thanks for wasting my time with that whole Silas thing since it's clear that, in terms of where Sam is mentally and emotionally with respect to her dead husband, we're supposed to pretend like the last 18 months never happened.  Why did I have to sit through it, then?

• Love 3

I completely agree that the Jason stuff is stupid at this point.  Not that it wouldn't be normal for a widow of however many years to still have issues about her dead husband, but we ALREADY HAD the "getting over Jason" storyline.  We watched her and Silas (oh, God, especially Silas) talk about their non-dead exes for over a year while they were supposed to be falling in love and getting over it and whatever else.  

It's like RC realized that Silas and Sam weren't working for most of the audience so decided to take a sharp right turn to Patrick and Sam but without rewriting the script.  So now instead of having Jason return just as she's committed to Silas and ready to move on, we're going to have Jason return just as she's committed to Patrick and decided to move on.  It's annoying and thanks for wasting my time with that whole Silas thing since it's clear that, in terms of where Sam is mentally and emotionally with respect to her dead husband, we're supposed to pretend like the last 18 months never happened.  Why did I have to sit through it, then?

I actually think that Ron went in the direction of Sam with Patrick so suddenly, and badly,  just so that he could have more shit to dredge up when Jason is finally exposed.

Silas had no connection whatsoever to Jason or Robin or to Sam where those two were concerned, personally or professionally speaking, but who did? Patrick.

He was Robin's beloved and former betrothed and his history with Jason has been very well detailed and very messy over the years, so why not pair he and Sam together in this whirlwind of a tornado of a "relationship" just to add that little extra something to the brewing shit storm on the horizon.

Ron was never going to be satisfied with merely bringing Jason back as far as I could tell. He wanted to create as big of a total meltdown as possible to drag in as many names as he could.

It started with having Robin risk her marriage and family to save Jason, then Jason returns with no memory so suddenly he's surrounded by former loves and a wife and a kid and nephews and "besties" like Carly and Sonny but he has no clue who they all are, so he goes and lives with Liz, now he's working for Carly and providing her with a shoulder of understanding to cry on for the moment, not to mention he's also hunting his wife, who at the exact same moment appears to be pretty damn desperate to get into bed with a guy who's basically been more of a nemesis of Jason's than much else.

This is how Ron fits these jagged puzzle pieces together in his mind, and Jason is the glue.

• Love 3

I haven't forgotten Silas. No, Ronald McWriter. I saw it, it happened, I will not forget.

I'm surprised Jason didn't walk in to catch Sam feeding Patrick their Noodle Buddha. Did anyone know the dragon and the phoenix is an actual dish? My bf wanted to try it, but I was afraid we'd turn into a Borg and an incompetent PI.

Kiki is a piss poor name btw.

• Love 1

I would not be bugged as much if they played it like Lulu knew Johnny was full of shit but she was willing to give him a chance, but they're playing it like she believes he's 100% innocent. And that's ridiculous.

Yea really. Once again, the idea here is good, but it ends up falling way short because of some idiotic plot point. Ugh.

• Love 1

Yeah, that's just how Helena rolls. She's the one who said that her family had a gardener named Corinthos back in the day, I think.

That was the day I fell in love with her. Anyone who considers Sonny insignificant is wonderful in my books. Despite how many throats she may have slit over the years.

I'm getting annoyed with everyone telling Michael he needs to get over his shit; his parents killed hid dad and covered it up! Everyone is acting like they merely tossed his Pokemon cards out. 

• Love 10
Sonny and Julian are making me uncomfortable the past few episodes, because I can't remember the last person Sonny had this much chemistry with.

They looked like a cute couple with their hospital aide/dental assistant uniforms.

Lucas wearing a stethoscope at General Hospital.  Long past time RC/FV.  It's too bad they didn't make Julian and Ava doctors.  Then again, the only doctor that has survived the reins of terror of both Guza and the 'they canned our show so we are going to RUIN yours' RC/FV duo  - has been Patrick Drake.

Edited by sunnyface

Michael (re: Lucas' worry about living up to Tony's reputation): It's about helping people.

Lucas: That's exactly what Carly said.

Me: No way did Carly say that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Michael (re: Lucas' worry about living up to Tony's reputation): It's about helping people.

Lucas: That's exactly what Carly said.

Me: No way did Carly say that.

But Carly is always looking out for other people. Like Sonny and herself and...herself.

Whenever Lucas mentions Carly's name he should always then spit on the ground to signify the distaste left behind in his mouth aferwards. Making them out to be such closely bonded siblings all of a sudden after what she did to his parents, especially his father, is rather stomach turning.

• Love 8

Making them out to be such closely bonded siblings all of a sudden after what she did to his parents, especially his father, is rather stomach turning.

Are you timplying that RC doesn't know the history of GH and lurve it?!? Because he totally does and thusly he knows Lucas would embrace Carly! Embrace! Because ... Carly is love and is a wonderful mom and all that stuff.

• Love 2

Until y'all mentioned it, I hadn't really made the connection with Carly destroying Lucas' parents' relationship.  I mean, I knew it, but I hadn't really thought about it.  Now that I'm reminded about it, I'm furious that Lucas even tolerates Carly, much less likes her and defends her.

Tony's and Bobby's marriage was rocky a few years before Carly was even a thought in the writers' head. Bobbie kept cheating on Tony including with Damien during the crisis of BJ's death. They kept trying to put them together but the foundations of the marriage was severely damaged. Tony fell for a young Carly and wanted that baby she was having because it was his second chance after he lost BJ. Tony went crazy for a few years but he recovered (if offscreen) and was able to have a healthy relationship with his son Lucas. For whatever it was worth, Bobbie and Carly became close as mother and daughter and Lucas was still a small child that he could have grown close to his sister (if again offscreen).

• Love 4
I would not be bugged as much if they played it like Lulu knew Johnny was full of shit but she was willing to give him a chance, but they're playing it like she believes he's 100% innocent. And that's ridiculous.

It's really annoying. Lulu shouldn't be some wide-eyed naïf. 

Kiki: Come on, Michael. You told me over and over again how much Sonny helped you with your grief.

OMFG. If there was ever an example of Lauren spouting her mouth off when she should STFU, it's this. "Geez, Michael, the dad who killed your other dad helped you with the grief of losing that dad. Why you have to be so harsh?" *goes into rage blackout*

Thank Jasus KA has finished taping. I'm thisclose to stroking out whenever she's onscreen. The writing for her is SO WRONG.

I'm surprised Jason didn't walk in to catch Sam feeding Patrick their Noodle Buddha.

It wasn't Noodle Buddha, though. Sam cooked! So you know she's done with Jason. /heaviest sarcasm possible

• Love 8

I'd still be like side eye to her at Thanksgiving. I don't care how gray your house is. When the first man turns up dead, you get a look, second dude? Side eye and I might hit you with a broom. Seriously, I just want to call Cookie from Empire over to teach her some lessons.

Are you timplying that RC doesn't know the history of GH and lurve it?!? Because he totally does and thusly he knows Lucas would embrace Carly! Embrace! Because ... Carly is love and is a wonderful mom and all that stuff.

The town motto is "Carly is brave, and strong, and loves with her whole heart!"  

Coincidentally, her glittery hoo-ha is the town welcoming committee for all new male residents; Sony's pepperoni is the welcoming committee for all new female residents.

• Love 6

And if Tony were still alive then he'd totally be a Carly fan as well, I'm sure Carly would be glad to tell us all why too.

Thank Jasus KA has finished taping. I'm thisclose to stroking out whenever she's onscreen. The writing for her is SO WRONG.

What I'll surely miss about Kiki, and by "miss" I mean never wish to think about ever again, is how she could puff up with such righteous indignation about certain situations that had nothing to do with her but she would weasel herself into the middle of anyway.

Such as how she was determined to get Michael to "understand" why he should forgive and stop holding a grudge against his rape organizer, the SERIAL KILLER, because Kiki totally thought he was just a sad, lonely guy who got picked on a lot.

Never-mind the serial killing he did and rapes and general psychopathic behaviour he exhibited at will, he was just misunderstood!

But that Kiki, good ol' Kiki was forever in his corner. She just couldn't help herself, seeing the "good" in people.

• Love 2
And if Tony were still alive then he'd totally be a Carly fan as well, I'm sure Carly would be glad to tell us all why too.

Sadly, this is beyond true. 

• Love 3

IMO Silas was definitely Sam's rebound person. They hated each other, he said she was a bad mother, then he noticed that Danny probably had cancer. One day they decided they liked each other, ate on the floor, and then tried to have sex several times, then did a few times. Suddenly it was love and his wife came home.

• Love 3

Meh, Carly acted shittily but Tony was a grown ass man. Yes, he was depressed from BJ but he still had the power to control whether to zip up his pants are not. Carly screwed him over but she was very young and nuts, the worst thing she did to him was lie about the paternity of her baby. That's a big disappointment for him but it's not on her that he went crazy afterwards. 

What she did to AJ though, was a totally different story. That was pretty heinous, even factoring in her age and her insecurity.

• Love 4

Urgh, you're totally right.

There's been much too much of this kind of thing, but I won't lie, my heart would be warmed to see Ghost!Tony visit Lucas.

• Love 3

IMO Silas was definitely Sam's rebound person. They hated each other, he said she was a bad mother, then he noticed that Danny probably had cancer. One day they decided they liked each other, ate on the floor, and then tried to have sex several times, then did a few times. Suddenly it was love and his wife came home.

Silas and Sam's romance was another Ron feature which, imo, is a doomed relationship to start with, in his world one dates/marries only until he wants a new shitty storyline to begin, but at least they had time together to form some sort of romantic connection, over a year or so.

They didn't just start ripping each other's clothes off at first sight like they hadn't gotten any since 2003 (PC shout-out, heh).

However as I said, Patrick and Sam have barely made it to the three month marker with their "relationship" and if you hadn't been watching and just tuned in it would appear that they've been a lonely widow and despondent divorcee for a few good years, finally opening themselves up to "new love" for the first time, imho.

Now that actually might have worked if Ron hadn't spent nearly two years with Sam and Patrick moving all around the board with everyone else but one another. Now he's trying to sell things as if Sam and Patrick have been together for ages, imo.

Sam's never even had him over for dinner before this Friday's episode and yet they're already heading upstairs to the bedroom to get busy, the rapid pacing just makes it all appear so disingenuous to me.

Sam has barely cooled her heels since Silas, or John for that matter, or hell since Jason even because apparently she still, of course thanks to Ron, seems hung up on him and determined to use whatever man is closest for the moment to "move on with" while fondling figurines and photos in secret as she wonders if she should be taking another man into "Jason's bed".

With Silas, regardless of whether he and Sam may or may not have worked depending on who's asked, they still spent a good chunk of time together on screen and apparently off.

And Patrick jumped from nearly marrying Sabrina, to trying to patch up his marriage to Robin, then next thing he's filing divorce papers right before Emma's due back in school for the Fall and now he's ready to bed Sam. He has barely taken a breather between any of these relationships, one of which nearly ended in a marriage, and led to the birth of a baby, and the other was a marriage ending. 

To me if Silas was supposed to be Sam's "rebound boyfriend" all of a sudden, then Patrick may as well be her current bed warmer until Jason comes back, because these two have hardly dated because the time just hasn't been there.

And if they want to sell the idea that Sam and Patrick have had "feelings" for each other even while married to Robin and Jason but they just didn't act on them? That would be the utmost bullshit Ron's come up with as far as they're all concerned. Though if he indeed tried it I would not be surprised.

Urgh, you're totally right.

There's been much too much of this kind of thing, but I won't lie, my heart would be warmed to see Ghost!Tony visit Lucas.

Oh Ghost!Tony would have no time for his son, or Bobbie, or any such business.

He'd race to Michael's side with a message from the great beyond and inform him that Ghost!AJ totally wants him to forgive Carly because even he knows her true heart and though she's shown not even the slightest hint of remorse or guilt over his death and her actions covering it up, she is still his mom who loves him so very much as long as he doesn't expect her to care about his feelings or whatever and he's gotten pull a Frozen and "Let it goooo! Let it goooo!".

*Goes and sits in a corner and rocks, chewing on hair*

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7