Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Dante is gonna be Jordan's "handler", oh yeeeah. And Nathan too, but I'm ignoring that.

I'm gonna consider Nathan saying Anna was his girlfriend a shout-out.

I'm pretty sure Dante DID say to Lulu's face he didn't want Lulu to go near Johnny (you can look at whoever you want as long as it's not John Zacchara), so whatever Lulu. 

heh, I saw someone suggest that the last scene must have been only between Nathan and Sloane because DZ must have been all "I've had enough, I'm out." There was one scene where Dante looked suspicious and pissed and Nathan  . . . looked. And Sloane is horrible. I think we only have one more episode with him, thank goodness.

I feel no sympathy for Rosalie. She snarks at the baddies but maybe she should just not work for them if she wants to avoid them. No secret is worth it. Or at the very least she should retaliate and threaten to cut off Helena's supply of Nivea.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

If she dies, then it screws up Micheal being a Quartermaine. She will most likely get an exit story because well opportunity and who she is to Frank/Ron. Most likely, I'm guessing Kiki will disappear due to Fluke to send a message to Ava/Julian. They'll probably mean to get Lucas, but grab her. It would be hilarious if Johnny purposely botched a hit on Micheal or Morgan, but took out Kiki instead. He's about the only one I think could get away with botching a hit and survive crazy Fluke.

I might be remembering this wrong, but didn't that Manny dude also have a "See, not my fault!" brain tumor?

No, he had a good identical twin, who was a priest

No secret is worth it

Especially since it's hers and I am sure whenever they finally figure out what the hell it is it'll be just as stupid as she is.

"Stupid is as stupid does": Forest Gump.

Oh and the way Emme pursed her lips when Dante just happened to arrive as Johnny was "filling her in" was...unfortunate. Very...unfortunate.

• Love 1
I just assumed the whole "client" meeting was set up by Helena, to send Michael there, so that Rosalie could "bump" into him. The entire thing was staged, and Helena/Rosalie already in tandem at that point.

Don't forget that Helena rigged the slot machines in Vegas so that Michael's assistant would quit.

Or maybe Helena just bribed the assistant to quit without notice.  Man, why am I trying to fan wank this stuff to make sense?! I really need a 12-step plan to rid myself of this show.

Oh and the way Emme pursed her lips when Dante just happened to arrive as Johnny was "filling her in" was...unfortunate. Very...unfortunate.

Yeah. I'm trying to like her, I really am, and I do sometimes, but her facial expressions are so over-exaggerated a lot of the time. (And this isn't me wanting Julie back or comparing her, she's been gone two years and Lulu is a role that needs/needed to be recast. It's just an Emme thing.)

• Love 1

Yeah. I'm trying to like her, I really am, and I do sometimes, but her facial expressions are so over-exaggerated a lot of the time. (And this isn't me wanting Julie back or comparing her, she's been gone two years and Lulu is a role that needs/needed to be recast. It's just an Emme thing.)

I recall her days on GL, it's what she's always done, and the more "dramatic" a scene is supposed to be apparently the worse she gets. Over the top are her first, second and third middle names.

So not comfortable with the old, rich, white lady calling the brown woman, "girl." 

There are enough crappy things on this show, without making it racial.

Well it is Helena, she's used the term on many when she feels they're beneath her, which is pretty much everyone. I didn't think it was racial, just insulting because Helena naturally insults any who work for her/are around her/are near her/breathes the same air as she does, etc.

Or maybe Helena just bribed the assistant to quit without notice

I'm pretty sure it was a payoff. Helena told her to lie and she'd provide her with enough money to make up for quitting.

That or she stole her puppy and is holding it hostage, or some other nefarious Cassadine move to force her cooperation.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

So Johnny didn't give his half of the HS to Ms Potato-Head, he sold it before heading off to prison, nice little re-write.

And what was with Luke, Mr Live-on-the Lam, consorting with thieves and con artists and hookers getting all offended by Johnny's presence. Why doesn't that make Lulu suspicious, at the very least she should have looked puzzled when he started talking about how he was glad she chose a life of domesticity with Dante. That is so not Luke's MO.

on a shallow note, I need Anna's coat.

• Love 3

So now Johnny didn't gift his shares in the Haunted Star to Starr, but sold them to...someone...and Lulu was apparently working with this...someone...this whole time.  Oookay then.

I felt for Jordan, Anna was asking her to take a lot on faith.  Plus, she didn't seem to bat an eye when Anna mentioned Shawn would be going to jail too.  Baby steps, Jordan!

Again, are we supposed to find Sloane's all-consuming hatred of Anna dreamy?  Interesting?   Not at all a waste of time?

Hahahaha, "someone!" They were trying so hard to keep Starr on the show with that "I suddenly co-own the Haunted Star! Now I can't leave!" bullshit. So lame. I did like her on the show, though. In, uh, doses. I say 'in doses' a lot and it's still true.

I laughed at the preview where Jordan asked where Anna's firing leaves her. Nowhere, bitch! I've become convinced Jordan is only keeping this going because she doesn't want to get a real job. Every time she 'tries' to leave they come up with some dumb new excuse. She wants this!

I liked Grayson McCouch early in his ATWT tenure (the later years were awful) and I could again, but at this rate I will want Sloane's corpse burned in a sewer by the time he takes over. This dude has been unbearable since Day One.

I think Emme Rylan is doing her best with extremely poor material in which she is basically reduced to playing Betty from Archie Comics, and I'll die on that hill. Which is odd since I thought she was just okay on GL and really a poor fit on Y&R. I am not some stan, I just think she's given everything of real weight that they give her on this show 110 percent, and they haven't done that since the Georgie trial. I like her! And I think she really has it with Dominic. It's just the show that tosses her away, and maybe that's why she is, at times, a bit too exuberant with what little they give her. Oh, we've had this discussion before and we will again until they fire her ass.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Hahahaha, "someone!" They were trying so hard to keep Starr on the show with that "I suddenly co-own the Haunted Star! Now I can't leave!" bullshit. So lame. I did like her on the show, though. In, uh, doses. I say 'in doses' a lot and it's still true.

I laughed at the preview where Jordan asked where Anna's firing leaves her. Nowhere, bitch! I've become convinced Jordan is only keeping this going because she doesn't want to get a real job. Every time she 'tries' to leave they come up with some dumb new excuse. She wants this!

I liked Grayson McCouch early in his ATWT tenure (the later years were awful) and I could again, but at this rate I will want Sloane's corpse burned in a sewer by the time he takes over. This dude has been unbearable since Day One.

I wonder with GMC coming aboard, it's going to come out that he's working undercover too to bring down the LOD.

I honestly remember Manny going on and on and on and getting sick of him. Maybe his tenure elongated in my mind, but it seemed to go on forever and get stupid and sort of like Friday the 13th because they didn't want to get rid of the actor.

I pretty much FFwd'd anything Manny/Jason/Sam, but the actor was decent enough.

Lulu is finally interesting, liked her scenes with Johnny and Luke/Fluke what ever he is. Also enjoyed Johnny letting it "slip" about Dante's visit, go Dante. Luke telling Lulu how she chose to be domestic amused me, basically he said she chose the non-Spencer way. 

I wonder with GMC coming aboard, it's going to come out that he's working undercover too to bring down the LOD.

And that'll be some stupid shit too! Undercover or not, he has not had to be a complete dickhole to Anna since moment one.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Is there really no one else Jordan can call for help? Relying on Anna and Date is extremely dangerous.

Well, her boss at the DEA (?) was a blowhard tool in the Sloane mold who fired her so he's probably no help.

Yeah, imma need Dante & Anna to screw on-screen now. If DZ's hair is going to look like that they might as well show it. And Jordan is welcome to join in too ; )

So not comfortable with the old, rich, white lady calling the brown woman, "girl."

I know I'm going to regret getting into this, but how is that word or even that exchange racial?

I'm Latino, though not Mexican like Rosalie and admittedly light skinned, and I saw nothing racial about it. Helena would refer to any other female as "girl" because she believes all are below in station no matter race nor age.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 8

Helena has been calling everyone a single hair younger than her 'boy' or 'girl' for years. She is also a villainous, likely inbred aristocrat who is, in all likelihood, racist, but I don't think her calling Rosalie that had anything to do with that. She does that all the time. I think she used to call Alexis that constantly, too.

• Love 14

I've accused Ron of a lot of awful things and I stand by all of them, but I never got a hint he was a racist. That is just true to Helena, And isn't calling some one (even a cartoon bad guy like Hels) an old rich "white" lady racist in itself? Helena is rich and old and evil and Greek, white is a generalization

Jordan is no pro. It seems like they recruited her off an actual drug rap or something. I can't remember the details.

I thought she pulled a Wiseguy and was DEA but went to jail to establish her bona fides. Or maybe because her crime was relatively minor (she only did two years, IIRC) and had good outside contacts, the DEA recruited her? Eh, it doesn't matter. She screwed Shawn; she's done for no matter what.

And let's face it, there's no way the wimmins are going to be the ones who crack this thing. We'll be lucky Anna isn't in jail when it all finally goes down.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I thought she pulled a Wiseguy and was DEA but went to jail to establish her bona fides. Or maybe because her crime was relatively minor (she only did two years, IIRC) and had good outside contacts, the DEA recruited her? Eh, it doesn't matter. She screwed Shawn; she's done for no matter what.

And let's face it, there's no way the wimmins are going to be the ones who crack this thing. We'll be lucky Anna isn't in jail when it all finally goes down.

Maybe Ron will surprise us (yeah I know). It was Natalie not McBainofmyexistence who killed Mitch in the end on OLTL.

• Love 2

Lol at Starr and Collenhope never existed in Port Charles land. It's like one day there will be a scene of Spencer dressed like The Men in Black trying to delete anything from our brains.

I'm fine with this. I can pretend they're alive and somewhere else... or not. Cole doesn't have to be alive. And I can pretend that Todd never existed in Port Charles and, thusly, never tainted his dick with Carly's cooter. Shut up! Let me have this!!

Helena is probably racist. She's certainly classist and any number of other '-ists' out there but she's also evil and so it's not like her behavior is to be applauded. Besides, as others have said, she doesn't save 'boy' and 'girl' for the people of color. She uses it on people she deems beneath her. Which is everybody.

• Love 14

So Johnny didn't give his half of the HS to Ms Potato-Head, he sold it before heading off to prison, nice little re-write.

And what was with Luke, Mr Live-on-the Lam, consorting with thieves and con artists and hookers getting all offended by Johnny's presence. Why doesn't that make Lulu suspicious, at the very least she should have looked puzzled when he started talking about how he was glad she chose a life of domesticity with Dante. That is so not Luke's MO.

Yeah but for him, not for her. At first Luke was suspicious that Dante would let Lulu down but later when he realized he was serious about Lulu he was supportive of the relationship even he was kind of a jerk to Dante, but that's Luke for you.

Is there really no one else Jordan can call for help? Relying on Anna and Date is extremely dangerous.

But extremely hot.

Yes I'm aware that made no sense.

• Love 2

I'm not accepting that Cole is dead so long as he is played by that new Cole they brought in for GH and the end of TV OLTL when Brandon Buddy couldn't cope. NuCole had an unbelievable body when he was dying in that operating room. Yeah, I said it, call a cop.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I haven't watched today's show. So I cant comment on it.

Honestly, I don't think Sam is isolated. Patrick is isolated.

IA with this. And as a Sam fan I couldn't be more glad. I hated how for a year all she seemed to interact with was Silas. Thankfully she is out of his orbit along with Nina. Patrick on the other hand is really isolated. But I don't really care about him as a character to care much.

• Love 2

I've accused Ron of a lot of awful things and I stand by all of them, but I never got a hint he was a racist. That is just true to Helena, And isn't calling some one (even a cartoon bad guy like Hels) an old rich "white" lady racist in itself? Helena is rich and old and evil and Greek, white is a generalization

Actually, isn't Cassadine Russian? And, I don't think we've ever been told where Helena is from. If she's anything ethnic, she's still American in nationality, because none of the versions of Helena have ever attempted an accent, have they?

I know we're supposed to assume she's European, and she very well may have attended boarding school there, but that's the extent of it IMO.

I do think one actress that played Helena for a few episodes, cannot remember her name, did have an accent, but I am unsure if that was just the actress or if she was putting one on "in" character.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I don't believe that Helena calling Rosalie was meant to be racist.  But, it struck a cord with me.  Me, the viewer.  Different groups have different trigger points.  Calling grown people, "boy" and "girl" happen to be one of mine.  So is the fantastic misogyny that is displayed on this show, almost every day.

How does me referring to Helena as white, racist?  Greek people aren't white?

• Love 2

The kooky interim bedridden Helena from 1996, Dimitra Arliss, kind of had a Dracula accent. I dug it, but it was definitely broad.

That reminds me of the last scenes Nikolas and Lucky had and Lucky asking why he didn't have an accent and then Nikolas put on some ridiculous Dracula-esque accent and said, "How do you know I wasn't using one the whole time?".  Heh.  Oh Prince of Douchey Tides, sometimes you were okay.

(nice new avatar, jsbt!)

• Love 4

Actually, isn't Cassadine Russian?

They were Greek when they first appeared (and most of the first names are Greek in Origin: Stravos, Nicholas, Stefan, Mikkos and Helena) and Russian when Nic came town, the backstory then became that they were Russian Nobles exiled to Greece. Given the time frame and Helena's age, if she is a Cassadine by birth as well as marriage she was born in Greece

As to the accent Lucky and Nicholas said it best

How does me referring to Helena as white, racist?  Greek people aren't white?

To me the viewer referring to anyone by the color of their skin is racist.  She is  Greek or Russian that is her ethnicity that is an identity. White is not IMHO an identity. I am American from Albanian and Irish roots that is my identity White is not even really my skin color...it is more light peach

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 1

They are Russian/Greek. I never minded that retcon. I thought there was a lot to dig into in the family past and all that stuff (ulkis has heard this) but they have never gone too deep into it. They killed the whole Valentin thing when they got James Franco, I still expect Ron to pick that up and do some weird shit with him someday. Weren't they also, at that point, attempting to cast some female Cassadine for Lucky, but she got scrapped along with Valentin? Or was that some bullshit?

• Love 1

I think Emme Rylan is doing her best with extremely poor material in which she is basically reduced to playing Betty from Archie Comics, and I'll die on that hill. Which is odd since I thought she was just okay on GL and really a poor fit on Y&R. I am not some stan, I just think she's given everything of real weight that they give her on this show 110 percent, and they haven't done that since the Georgie trial. I like her! And I think she really has it with Dominic. It's just the show that tosses her away, and maybe that's why she is, at times, a bit too exuberant with what little they give her. Oh, we've had this discussion before and we will again until they fire her ass.

See I actually don't mind ER when it's just normal day to day stuff. And she's good with Jane Elliott. When they start to give her stuff where she has to cry or get angry I'm all oh man she looks like gumbi.

But speaking of Lulu, as annoyed as I am by the "breath of fresh air" stuff, Johnny/Lulu is way way better than anything to do with the pirate rapist and/or e****os. And thank God Johnny got a haircut.

I'm pretty they made sure to mention Starr sold her half back to Lulu, so this whole "someone" sold my half back to me is even more silly.

• Love 1

I'm pretty they made sure to mention Starr sold her half back to Lulu, so this whole "someone" sold my half back to me is even more silly.

Did they? I don't remember them ever daring to mention "Michael's girlfriend" after she dumped him.

I thought Rylan carried the Georgie court drama mess while Kirsten Storms checked the fuck out and my Maxie hate was at its highest, but I dunno.

Edited by jsbt

They are Russian/Greek. I never minded that retcon. I thought there was a lot to dig into in the family past and all that stuff (ulkis has heard this) but they have never gone too deep into it. They killed the whole Valentin thing when they got James Franco, I still expect Ron to pick that up and do some weird shit with him someday. Weren't they also, at that point, attempting to cast some female Cassadine for Lucky, but she got scrapped along with Valentin? Or was that some bullshit?

I think it was bullshit, but I can't say one hundred percent for certain.

• Love 1

Wasn't Lulu still kidnapped/having the amnesia when [NAME REDACTED] left town?

• Love 1

Did they? I don't remember them ever daring to mention "Michael's girlfriend" after she dumped him.

I thought Rylan carried the Georgie court drama mess while Kirsten Storms checked the fuck out and my Maxie hate was at its highest, but I dunno.

oh, KSt was awful during that story. I definitely wouldn't argue that Kirsten was better than Emme during that story at all.

I'm pretty sure they said something about Starr selling back the shares. I'll have to troll the transcripts later.

Pretty sure Starr was gone by then.

Yeah, I think I may remember someone saying something about Lulu's "partner" selling her shares back. I was pretty eagle-eared back then on that shit.

Edited by jsbt

Yeah but I'm pretty sure they said something. But maybe I'm just confusing that for when Johnny said he sold the shares to Starr.

They were Greek when they first appeared (and most of the first names are Greek in Origin: Stravos, Nicholas, Stefan, Mikkos and Helena) and Russian when Nic came town, the backstory then became that they were Russian Nobles exiled to Greece. Given the time frame and Helena's age, if she is a Cassadine by birth as well as marriage she was born in Greece

To me the viewer referring to anyone by the color of their skin is racist.  She is  Greek or Russian that is her ethnicity that is an identity. White is not IMHO an identity. I am American from Albanian and Irish roots that is my identity White is not even really my skin color...it is more light peach

White means peach. I don't think anyone thinks white means literally white. I don't know any white people who are literally white. Except maybe Becky Herbst. And that's as much as I'll say about that cause then we'll start veering wildly off-topic.

IDK, I guess I always just figued Helena was one of those women who takes on her husband's family and identity as if she never had her own. I think her background from a "biological" standpoint is blandly American.

I think Helena is supposed to be of Greek origin as well, ethnic as well as nationality. She just got rid of her accent.

• Love 2

I loved those scenes. The actors wrote them, IIRC.

I want to add my compliments to TeeVee's.  And, really?  Though, I'm not surprised.  They always seemed to be on the same wavelength for their characters, at least since RoHo had returned to OLTL.  And I did love how PP gave everyone pretty free rein on scripts, et al.  Made up for a lot of the OOC shit Ron was trying to peddle.

I'm fine with this. I can pretend they're alive and somewhere else... or not. Cole doesn't have to be alive. And I can pretend that Todd never existed in Port Charles and, thusly, never tainted his dick with Carly's cooter. Shut up! Let me have this!!

May I have this seat next to you?

Oh, wait, this is a GH thread!  Back on topic: 

It is so easy to mix the Greek and Russian aristocracies for the Cassadines.  They tended to marry each other frequently to start with.  And I tended to look at it as, Mikkos was Greek, Helena was Russian.[/takes nose out of history book]  

Edited by MSquared
  • Love 2

I'm not trying to stir a hornet's nest here, but skin color is part of your identity. If a black man steals your purse, or white, or purple, when you're asked to provide *identification*, one of the first ways most people do so is skin color.

That alone does not make someone racist.

I think what you are saying is, "White" doesn't have meaning for you, I get what you are saying if that's what you mean. I just don't think it's derogatory to mention someone's skin color.

Now to call them a derogatory name based on the color is a different subject.

On topic: GH really does have, or has in the past, a good representation of different races and ages.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I want to add my compliments to TeeVee's.  And, really?  Though, I'm not surprised.  They always seemed to be on the same wavelength for their characters, at least since RoHo had returned to OLTL.  And I did love how PP gave everyone pretty free rein on scripts, et al.  Made up for a lot of the OTT shit Ron was trying to peddle.

I meant the Nikolas/Lucky departure scenes on GH we were discussing. IIRC, JJ and Tyler Christopher wrote or rewrote them. (But thank you, I like my avatar too.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Well it is Helena, she's used the term on many when she feels they're beneath her, which is pretty much everyone. I didn't think it was racial, just insulting because Helena naturally insults any who work for her/are around her/are near her/breathes the same air as she does, etc.

Yeah, that's just how Helena rolls. She's the one who said that her family had a gardener named Corinthos back in the day, I think.

• Love 3