Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oddly enough, I'm just as much over Michael and his rage as the Fluke SL, and the Michael "Q" SL is only a few months old.

I was over it when it first started, heh, but at this point to me even Chad looks bored and disinterested. His voice is flat and devoid of any emotions, and as far as facial expressions go they were never his strong suit, imho, but currently he looks like a mannequin. He just looks like a kid with nothing really to do but play "telephone" and talk about AJ's clinic which really should just be built from the ground up, there's certainly enough money to put towards it.

It's all just convoluted silliness to me.

Lolololol. Sam is back to questioning what Spencer knows. I am dyyyyying.

Oh that...that was just classic, heh. And then she questioned Nik if he was sure Spencer was telling him the whole story about Britt's exit strategy so then what was the point? She knows the kid is pretty much allergic to telling the truth, a reliable witness he is not.

Julian offered to help her "handle" the situation and she turned him down, but frankly that would have been her best bet. Julian's money and influence could have gone quite a ways in getting people to talk about what they knew or saw or witnessed. And if push came to shove he could have had Jake snatched and tied to a chair until he talked, classic gangster style.

I can't stand the thought of Julian working with Sonny on anything.

I can't stand the thought of Julian being around Sonny period. And in those terrible clothes to boot.

It's still too ridiculous for words to think that Julian figured taking off like a weakling with his tail between his legs to go and hide in prison, such a safe place that is obviously, rather than just having Carrrrrrrlos call notLuke and say he needs him to come by Julian's place so they could ambush him and take his sorry ass out was the best choice of the two, or of any, ever.

• Love 5

It's so cute how Anna and Patrick haven't told anyone how Helena "magically appeared" just to make this dumbass story continue.

Ron will crap on it like he does everything else.

Ol' Ron's been here for almost 3 years now. He has fucked everyone and everything over - except Dante/Lulu...just like Wolf and Guza before him. I think they are even Armageddon proof. :-(

Lucky and Liz are sooooooooulmates too! muahaha :runs away:

You joke, but there is some poor beaten, bleeding part of my soap-watching soul that still believes this. I am a foolish fool.

I'm not joking! I mean yeah I kinda am but I totally believe that Liz and Lucky will be together when the show ends, even if it's an off-screen reunion.

Ol' Ron's been here for almost 3 years now. He has fucked everyone and everything over - except Dante/Lulu...just like Wolf and Guza before him. I think they are even Armageddon proof. :-(

Wolf was quite clearly on the way to fucking them over, he just got kicked out. Guza was going to - and I actually remember a lot of people stopped liking them during the whole Brenda thing - but VM stopped him, and then he just hastily put them together after months of Dante pining after Brenda, and then he was kicked out before he could do something major again.

I don't know what Ron's deal is.

Edited by ulkis

The best part of today's show, Dante mentioned Johnny's guys!

Soon they'll be in PC, learning all the denizen's secrets, witnessing all sorts of crimes.

Making all those prisoners hang out in the yard, in upstate NY, in January- that's got to be cruel and unusual punishment.

• Love 3

But...but...siggggh.

I like the idea of one stable couple and I feel like with Lulu's parents always taking off and Dante being raised by a single mom and doesn't have a manslut past, it makes sense for it to be them. It helps that I like them best as side characters and keeping them together helps do that.

Plus I like the idea of Sonny's cop son also having one wife!

• Love 12

It's interesting-the "good" or "bad" actor stances we all take. I am no expert on acting, I just know what moves me and makes me feel something, and what(or rather, who) doesn't.

Good points. I mean, hey, I think RP is not terrible so!

Laura Wright is looking great lately.

She really is. I don't even notice her terrible teeth anymore! Her hair is looking fabulous.

I was never under them, per say, but I am now extremely over Carly and Jake(son) scenes.

Same. For some weird reason (I blame drugs) I liked them for a hot second, but now they're more insufferable than Jakeson/Liz. MAKE IT STOP!

Dante and Nathan came off so terribly in this ep. It made me sad. They were just awful. Although, I liked Johnny today, so that made me happy.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

You know, I wonder if Laura Wright got her teeth straightened cause i haven't noticed them in a while either, and i usually do.[/shallow]

Sniff.

I live in a world where Lucky was never with Maxie or Sam and Liz was never with Jason or Nik.

I don't mind the Jason part but the nik part is horrible and Ron keeps bringing that debacle back up, damn it.

• Love 3

I don't mind the Jason part but the nik part is horrible and Ron keeps bringing that debacle back up, damn it.

It's bc she has chem with TC. It's the age old case of "these characters should NEVER be together but the actors have chem."

• Love 1

Why isn't Sam's new boyfriend* helping her with this investigation?

*Patrick will now be referred to as "Sam's new boyfriend" because that is all he is.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

I never saw chemistry between Becky and Tyler. Not romantic chemistry, anyway, they always worked well with a friends/family vibe. During the actual sex scenes, Herbst actually looked nauseated. I was right with her. But that's the past.

What does Sam think Spencer knows, anyway?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 4

Dante and Nathan rode the tool train today. I loved Johnny banging his head against his door; I like to think he wanted to knock himself unconscious so he didn't have to be involved in that pointless conversation. And as much as I hated Johnny/Lulu, I'd be pretty okay with a Lulu/Johnny/Maxie therefore. Dante and Nathan were that annoying.

Julian and Sonny, ugh. Julian obviously borrowed some faded ass scrubs from the hospital, and Sonny looked like the grizzled old crackhead teaching the young buck about the best corners.

I don't care if Fluke is Bill or a personality of Luke's, I just want the story over.

It was nice to see some Sam/Nik interaction. And yay, Helena! Though if she swoons over Jake again while ordering a hit on Sam, I'm gonna be irritated.

• Love 4

Why isn't Sam's new boyfriend helping her with this investigation?

I read this and was like, "Who's Sam's boyfriend?" so that tells you how much I care about Samtrick.

I don't care if Fluke is Bill or a personality of Luke's, I just want the story over.

This can not be said enough.

• Love 4

I read this and was like, "Who's Sam's boyfriend?" so that tells you how much I care about Samtrick.

Bwah. I edited my post to help peeps out.

I never saw chemistry between Becky and Tyler. Not romantic chemistry, anyway, they always worked well with a friends/family vibe. During the actual sex scenes, Herbst actually looked nauseated. I was right with her. But that's the past.

Oh, I understand completely. I'm sure there are fans who feel exactly like that. But I think there's a reason Liz/Nik have never officially ended as of yet. They are always an option for some reason. Edited by HeatLifer

It's still too ridiculous for words to think that Julian figured taking off like a weakling with his tail between his legs to go and hide in prison, such a safe place that is obviously, rather than just having Carrrrrrrlos call notLuke and say he needs him to come by Julian's place so they could ambush him and take his sorry ass out was the best choice of the two, or of any, ever.

So Julian confessed to a murder he didn't commit because he would rather be in prison than deal with Fluke? Wow. I didn't know what the fuck was going on but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and assumed this was all a part of some convoluted scheme to destroy Fluke.

Oh, Sonny. You look ridiculous. You are not Rocky.

I refuse to believe that Dante/Lulu are some forever couple.

I can go either way. I don't think a breakup story will be any more interesting than what's happening with them now, so I'd rather they stay together.

LOL that Carly can't figure Sonny out. He's not a complicated man. He doesn't want to see you in Pentonville because you're a demanding shrew.

[LW's] hair is looking fabulous.

It really is. KeMo and BH have had great hair too lately. (It's a given that FH's hair is world-peace-bringing.) Someone is finally sober. 

You could see TG start to smile after BB poked his face. Hee.

I don't get why Sonny is so adamant to learn why Julian is at Pentonville.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

LOL that Carly can't figure Sonny out. He's not a complicated man. He doesn't want to see you in Pentonville because you're a demanding shrew.

It was SO annoying to me that Jakeson apparently just 'gets' Sonny. Like, as you said, he's a dumbass ass so it's not like it's hard to figure him out, but this kinda stuff with Jakeson is just so tired. I can't take it anymore!

It really is. KeMo and BH have had great hair too lately. (It's a given that FH's hair is world-peace-bringing.) Someone is finally sober.

BH's hair was SO on point yesterday. The makeup has been looking much better too, I think. Now, if we could just fix these sets.

• Love 1

Omg, Jake said "I'd want my loved ones to move on."

What!?!?! As far as he knows, he's been missing for like, 3 months. Already wants his supposed wife to be happy and in love with someone else? Okkkkkk, surrrrre.

• Love 8

What!?!?! As far as he knows, he's been missing for like, 3 months. Already wants his supposed wife to be happy and in love with someone else? Okkkkkk, surrrrre.

I LOLed so hard at that. How absurd. This story sucks and I hate it.

• Love 5

I LOLed so hard at that. How absurd. This story sucks and I hate it.

Me too. I'm way beyond over it. Everything is so obvious in a "nudge nudge it's Jason" way and every character has to either be dumb as a box of rocks or unable to communicate information like "Hey, Sam, before we like, have sex, Robin brought Hells back from the dead!"

• Love 5

Dante and Nathan were acting like assholes today. I like the stableness of of Dante/Lulu but I came close to wishing Johnny would have a threesome with Maxie and Lulu today. 

Why isn't Sam's new boyfriend* helping her with this investigation?

*Patrick will now be referred to as "Sam's new boyfriend" because that is all he is.

The complain was the opposite when he was helping her investigate. 

So he should totally be on board with Samtrick when he remembers who he is.  Provided, of course, he hasn't killed Sam for Helena before that happens. 

• Love 2

So he should totally be on board with Samtrick when he remembers who he is. Provided, of course, he hasn't killed Sam for Helena before that happens.

LOL. He won't have time to react to Samtrick 'cause he'll be in search of Rob. ;)

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
I don't get why Sonny is so adamant to learn why Julian is at Pentonville.

With Johnny gone he needs someone he can smirk at who wont flat out punch him directly in the face because Johnny would just have his guys do it for him and apparently Julian has no one and won't stand up for himself for whatever reason.

I'm surprised Ron doesn't have them share a cell and play rock, paper, scissors for the top bunk.

He is the least motivated amnesia victim in the history of always. It is literally as if he went "Aw fuck it" and just stopped caring that he has absolutely no idea who his family is, who he used to be, what he used to do, nothing.

He had an instant family with Liz and her kids, now he has Carly and apparently he's good with that. Oh and Sam is a feisty little number who thinks he took her hostage and released her husband's killer so she's giving him plenty of attention as well. What else does a man need in life really?

I'm sure if Patrick knew he'd be quite put out.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

He is the least motivated amnesia victim in the history of always. It is literally as if he want "Fuck it" and just stopped caring that he has absolutely no idea who his family is, who he used to be, what he used to do, nothing.

He had an instant family with Liz and her kids, now he has Carly and apparently he's good with that. Oh and Sam is a feisty little number who thinks he took her hostage and released her husband's killer so she's giving him plenty of attention as well. What else does a man need in life really?

Yet he has more going on in his brain than Sam's new boyfriend!!

• Love 1

Yet he has more going on in his brain than Sam's new boyfriend!!

I imagine if you replace "ham" with "Sam" in the internal dialogue that my old dog had running in her head, you'd pretty much cover what's going on in his head. 

• Love 2

After slocking through a week of crap I actually kind of liked today. So I'll sit alone at my table and say I loved Julian and Sonny together. That is really some of the most interesting interactions I've seen for either of them in a long time, at least it isn't rehash rehash rehash they've been in recently.

Second UO is I loved Nante and think Johnny needs to be harrassed. I mean the man is a mobster/convict who cheated his way out of prison and had a gun right inside the door and top it off he is working for this %$#*& Fluke. Excuse me if I have no sympathy for this bipolar joker(I swear his weird tics make him seem bipolar for reals)

I guess part of me is old fashion and I love the good guys protecting their women from jerks. I mean from Lulu and Maxie's conversation it is clear Lulu DOES have a soft spot for Johnny and she seemed to kind of expect Dante to confront him. Both Dante and Nathan know Maxie and Lulu are prone to believe the wrong person and be big hearted towards bad guys so I saw nothing wrong with good guys protecting their loved ones.

I mean to me this in no different than Sam's treatment of Jake.

If my husband did the same to an ex of mine who was a bad dude I'd think it was sweet....guess it's just me alone at my table...with my det Special Kitty getting all rough...MEOW!

• Love 1
He is the least motivated amnesia victim in the history of always. It is literally as if he went "Aw fuck it" and just stopped caring that he has absolutely no idea who his family is, who he used to be, what he used to do, nothing.

I know! He expects everyone else to tell him who he is and where he's from. And if they can't, eh, whatever.

I saw nothing wrong with good guys protecting their loved ones.

Dante and Nathan are infantilizing Lulu and Maxie. How they decide to deal with Johnny is up to them, not their Neanderthal men. Johnny is a threat only if Dante and Nathan make him one. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11

But I think there's a reason Liz/Nik have never officially ended as of yet. They are always an option for some reason.

Because, and mark my words on this, eventually, Ron wants to do a Nik/Liz/Lucky triangle, for reals.

Edited by TeeVee329

I know! He expects everyone else to tell him who he is and where he's from. And if they can't, eh, whatever.

Dante and Nathan are infantilizing Lulu and Maxie. How they decide to deal with Johnny is up to them, not their Neanderthal men. Johnny is a threat only if Dante and Nathan make him one. 

Romantically, yeah, he is only what they make of him. But he's definitely emotionally and maybe physically a threat to them if he's working with Fluke.

I think they should have just had Jason sleep with Carly. All his memory comes back in a flash and he screams in agony. He's about to throw himself off the J&R bridge when Sam or Robin rescue him. hoorah!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I feel like this story with Lulu and Johnny is supposed to be addressing complaints that Lulu is boring, too preoccupied with babies, etc.  But of course, Ron is going about it completely the wrong way.

• Love 3

It's so cute how Anna and Patrick haven't told anyone how Helena "magically appeared" just to make this dumbass story continue.

And Nikolas. Don't forget Nikolas, 'cause he knows his psycho granny is lurking around too.

So he should totally be on board with Samtrick when he remembers who he is.  Provided, of course, he hasn't killed Sam for Helena before that happens. 

He might not even have a reaction to Samtrick if he gets with Liz. Or Carly. *ducks*

• Love 1

Ron made Lulu boring. Or ER makes her boring, I don't know. JMB's Lulu was never boring, though.

I loved JMB as Lulu, but she was losing life near the end of her run. I blame more on Ron writing. If Lulu was working, like say, trying to make the Haunted Starr successful, then maybe I could make a better comparison between the two Lulus.

Second UO is I loved Nante and think Johnny needs to be harrassed. I mean the man is a mobster/convict who cheated his way out of prison and had a gun right inside the door and top it off he is working for this %$#*& Fluke. Excuse me if I have no sympathy for this bipolar joker(I swear his weird tics make him seem bipolar for reals)

I guess part of me is old fashion and I love the good guys protecting their women from jerks. I mean from Lulu and Maxie's conversation it is clear Lulu DOES have a soft spot for Johnny and she seemed to kind of expect Dante to confront him. Both Dante and Nathan know Maxie and Lulu are prone to believe the wrong person and be big hearted towards bad guys so I saw nothing wrong with good guys protecting their loved ones.

I mean to me this in no different than Sam's treatment of Jake.

If my husband did the same to an ex of mine who was a bad dude I'd think it was sweet....guess it's just me alone at my table...with my det Special Kitty getting all rough...MEOW!

If Nante were harassing only with it pertaining to their jobs, and since Dante was friendly with Padilla, accusing Johnny of blackmailing her somehow, then maybe I would think it was okay. 

But it was completely personally and with everything on the news about police hiding behind their badge, it made me somewhat uncomfortable, and I think it treated Maxie and Lulu like children. If Dante has an issue with Lulu and Johnny then he needs to discuss it with wife.

At this point all they know is that Johnny has a network of people. They didn't bother investigating any potential connections, and I mentioned with Padilla before, spoken with her about railroading Johnny. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

And Nikolas. Don't forget Nikolas, 'cause he knows his psycho granny is lurking around too.

Yes. He is also made to look like an idiot because of this crappy plot. In his defense, he doesn't know that Robin revived her. If he did, I'm sure he'd have a reaction. Or no reaction...since that's how Ron's GH rolls. Edited by HeatLifer

I don't think they've specifically said (because we're not supposed to think about Robin right now), but I don't see any reason why Nik, Anna, Patrick don't think Helena's resurrection wasn't via Crichton Clark.

Or, on the Skype call, did they ask Robin about Helena and she lied?

Well as we all know, if complete strangers can't motivate your ass to care about your forgotten past and the people in it then why bother ...PC logic at it finest.

And I couldn't agree more about Nathan and Dante. I didn't see anyone doing any real kind of "protecting". They went there to basically mark their territory like Johnny is some invading junk yard dog on their turf.

Johnny may be a criminal but he was being harassed by two cops who decided that trusting the women in their lives to make good decisions of their own choosing just won't cut the mustard. And Dante and Nathan may have badges but that doesn't give them a pass, imho, to go around and act like jealous jerks because they feel like it.

There is nothing good about it and it was uncalled for imo.  The first person and only person Dante should have spoken to was the one he gave a ring to, going around her to take cheap shots at her ex-boyfriend was pretty pathetic to me.

Johnny broke no laws, he hadn't even left his house so those two dweebs actually went out searching for him, picking a fight out of nowhere. All Johnny did was have drinks with Dante's wife, who freely agreed to join him and was not forced to do so in any way, and instead of talking to his wife about it Dante went to Johnny with a bad case of bedhead and an even worse attitude because he felt threatened. Those aren't the actions of any hero cop to me.

Not to mention Lulu and Maxie are bloody adults who can do as they damn well please. Lulu is a mother and wife now and if those two factors aren't good enough reasons for her to be mindful of Johnny and careful around him, or to just stay away from him period? Then there's really nothing Dante can do about it.

And Dante certainly can't get on her case about hanging with a known mobster either, unless they really want him to wear the "Hat of Hypocrisy" next.

• Love 8

I don't think they've specifically said (because we're not supposed to think about Robin right now), but I don't see any reason why Nik, Anna, Patrick don't think Helena's resurrection wasn't via Crichton Clark.

Or, on the Skype call, did they ask Robin about Helena and she lied?

Rob didn't comment on Hells. Anna told her that they didn't know if Hells was alive or dead but they didn't think anyone could survive the explosion.

Anna and Patrick know that Rob revived Hells. And now they know that Hells is alive.

Nik doesn't know any of that, though. I'm pretty sure he still thinks Rob is in Africa.

Edited by HeatLifer

Rob didn't comment on Hells. Anna told her that they didn't know if Hells was alive or dead but they didn't think anyone could survive the explosion.

Anna and Patrick know that Rob revived Hells. And now they know that Hells is alive.

Nik doesn't know any of that, though. I'm pretty sure he still thinks Rob is in Africa.

I'm pretty sure the WSB found "Helena's body" among the wreckage.  Anna & Patrick believe she died (again?) in the explosion.

That said, Helena being seen at Miscavagie by Alexis & Julian was in the newspaper so the entire town knows she is alive.  Only Nik knows she is still in town.

Maybe?  I'm so confused as to who knows/believes what as to pretty much every story.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Liz told Anna about Hells weeks ago, I believe. And like you said, it's in the papers. They all should know.

Nik and Spencer, along with Fluke, Robin, Faison, Britt, Dr. O and Jase when necessary, are the only ones who know Hells is hanging around.

Edited by HeatLifer