Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Dear Gawd this Fluke stuff is about to drive me away. I told my husband yesterday that I think TG done lost his damn mind! That basement stuff was just horrible horrible horrible. Luke looks like death and Fluke is like a walking caricature.

I guess maybe ya'll are used to this stuff but this very icky kidnapped person being held in a dark basement with no food or facilities is just grim and not entertainment. Soap kidnappings to me are like what Lulu and Maxie endured with Levi.

Between Fluke and this slow pace to wait on February sweeps is about to drive me away.

Give me Sonny, Nina and Franco any day over what's been going on the last week or so.ugh!

And this Johnny guy does not impress with his wild personality shifts and hand gestures.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Let me guess, this childhood home is where Luke is being held.

Why is Tracy all of a sudden pumping Luke for info about his childhood?  It's all so dumb.  And the fact that we didn't hear Bill's name once in the past year, and now in the past few days we have heard it 120000 times.  It's like it's all or nothing sometimes with this show.

Oh Carly, you did surprise me a little when you didn't immediately bad mouth Sam and attempted to empathize with her....but you KNOW Sam's instincts are usually correct.  She was right about Todd, and she was right about Franco.  You'd think she'd learn.  Oh who am I kidding, it's Carly.  Those Nik/Sam scenes were kind of out of the blue, but I love the Cassadine cousins so I am ok with it.  But Sam, you weren't THAT consumed with the hostage thing the past few weeks.  I guess your Christmas vacay doesn't count.

Dante and Nathan were not amusing today.  Way to be secure in your relationships there fellas.  And how about letting your significant others decide who they would like to talk to or not?  They are not your property.   Johnny SHOULD have them charged with harassment.  That shit was not cool, I don't care what Johnny said to bait them.

• Love 8

Today wasn't a good look for Dante, either in regards to his insecurity or his hair. He needs to worry less about Lulu and more about why his hair now seems immune to brushing and combing.

And of course Dante and Nathan, who tagged along for moral support I guess, decide to go and bug Johnny and then get physical like thugs because he's had their ladies before and made mention of it after they basically threatened and insulted him, how mature.

I didn't watch during the main run of Johnny so I really have no feelings about him one way or another, Brandon's an okay actor to me, but honestly he had every right to rub their noses in it because they were asking for it. Frankly he could have had them arrested for the shit they pulled.

Funny how they want to insult his "manhood" and yet they teamed up against him two to one because Dante apparently doesn't think marriage and a kid is enough to keep his wife loyal. When you say you "trust' your wife and then order/demand her ex to stay away from her like she's a five year old who doesn't know better than to associate with bad men, that's everything but trust.

I like how Jake made mention to Carly about the fact that he has no way of knowing if he has anyone out there waiting or looking for him. Not true there sparky, you've done shit-all nada to try and find out who the hell you are. Moping and whining are not productive measures.

Julian is covering up the pretty in that drab prison uniform, I am not a fan. He better get out of there and soon.

I know Sam and Nik had a conversation but it was so boring I couldn't focus. It's a wonder they both didn't just doze off in the middle of it, I know I nearly did.

• Love 7

I was thinking I don't want Lulu to cheat, at least not so stupidly, and then ER made one of her derpy faces and I was irritated at her. Don't ask me to be consistent!

Dante and Nathan were dicks, but then Johnny's a dick too, so it was basically like three dicks just standing around trying to compete with each other. I was amused at Johnny calling Nathan Dante's boytoy though.

Also speaking of which someone kindly allowed me to tweet this:

https://twitter.com/ulkis2/status/553281192209186817/photo/1

Laura Wright is looking great lately.

What's all this deep secrets about Luke's family? Can't wait for the fake secret Ron is gonna unleash. Although Tony Geary actually made me laugh with this line, first time in a long time:

Tracy: Did your parents even exist?!

Luke: I'm here, aren't I?!

Nice Michael/Ned scenes

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

God, I missed Johnny's sweet penthouse. Screw you Keystone Cops for ruining the first day we saw it again. He was just drinking coffee and reading the paper. And shut up Nathan. I'm so over his dumb over the bounds shit. He arrested Silas for not putting his sister in a coma, arrested his not mom, now attacks Johnny for daring to speak the holy name of Maxie Jones. Maybe Johnny should be a terrorist or kidnap a baby. Then the PCPD would leave him alone?

Did love BB squeezing and pulling on TG's face. I've been wanting someone to do that since well forever.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention that, Johnny's been gone 2 years, not 10. Why is his furniture decrepit?

They probably had to retrieve it from a dumpster. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 1

Wasn't there an Ivy on Another World?

Years ago there was an Ivy Jennings on DOOL :)

Staying on topic, I'm liking Billy Miller as Jason, but please keep him away from Carly and frankly Liz too.  The only two Liz Pairings I ever liked were Lucky and then for a split second Zander. 

• Love 3

mybabyaidan:

Let me guess, this childhood home is where Luke is being held.

Why is Tracy all of a sudden pumping Luke for info about his childhood?  It's all so dumb.  And the fact that we didn't hear Bill's name once in the past year, and now in the past few days we have heard it 120000 times.  It's like it's all or nothing sometimes with this show.

Oh Carly, you did surprise me a little when you didn't immediately bad mouth Sam and attempted to empathize with her....but you KNOW Sam's instincts are usually correct.  She was right about Todd, and she was right about Franco.  You'd think she'd learn.  Oh who am I kidding, it's Carly.  Those Nik/Sam scenes were kind of out of the blue, but I love the Cassadine cousins so I am ok with it.  But Sam, you weren't THAT consumed with the hostage thing the past few weeks.  I guess your Christmas vacay doesn't count.

Dante and Nathan were not amusing today.  Way to be secure in your relationships there fellas.  And how about letting your significant others decide who they would like to talk to or not?  They are not your property.   Johnny SHOULD have them charged with harassment.  That shit was not cool, I don't care what Johnny said to bait them.

Yes they've already confirmed the childhood home is where Luke is being held.
So....Johnny knows, or *thinks* he knows, who Fluke is. Whoever Fluke is, wanted someone else accused of killing Anthony so Johnny could get out.  It can't be Anthony, Julian said he'd met him "years ago" with that face.
Could it be Gino Soleito?  The revenge on Tracy would fit. The stuff with Sonny could just be a power trip. Taking Luke's face could have just been the easiest way. I mean, Johnny is basically implying it IS plastic surgery. Right?
Plus, Gino is Johnny's "real" father.

IDK. My head hurts.

• Love 3

mybabyaidan:

Yes they've already confirmed the childhood home is where Luke is being held.

Ah, shows how much I pay attention.  And I thought I was being clever ;)

I did laugh when Johnny was squeezing Fluke's face.

• Love 1
Did love BB squeezing and pulling on TG's face. I've been wanting someone to do that since well forever.

I actually chuckled at that, heh. He is really enjoying this run, just throwing caution to the wind and having fun. If only the rest of the cast weren't already browbeaten into submission by Ron's crap for so long it might happen more often.

I wonder if Tony ever cracked up during it though, I can imagine him losing it at least once.

Dante and Nathan were dicks, but then Johnny's a dick too, so it was basically like three dicks just standing around trying to compete with each other. I was amused at Johnny calling Nathan Dante's boytoy though.

What annoyed me more with them than him is that they went to his place. They sought him out and then gave him shit about shit that really has nothing to do with him but more their own insecurities, that's one of my pet peeves.

But I had been hoping he would also make a crack about Dante's hair, somebody needs to.

I hope that they aren't going for a Snarly/NuJason romance

True "wuv" waits for no man.

• Love 3

I let out a small scream when I saw the Frank Valentini Institutional Gray in the "new" Quartermaine living room, I didn't want to believe it. That couch is the size of a settee. What the fuck is that? Why did they do this? Why? While FV's show has always looked cheap, I used to think people were overthinking it on some of the gray sets, but no - now both the Metro Court and the Q house look almost exactly the same. Say what you will about how he handled home furnishings on OLTL, we didn't get stuck with gray/silver paint in fuckin' Llanfair or La Boulaie. ALL GRAY EVERYTHING

I still think Fluke is Eckert (I have, again, not seen today's yet), but the end of yesterday's show was almost a taunt on that note. When was it supposed to air before that December preemption?

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure the layout of Johnny's penthouse changed during the episode.  At the beginning, he came out of a hallway tha. Iwasn't there before and the stairs were gone.  Then at the end when Evil Lewq came over, that hallway was gone and the stairs were back.  

Jane looked really good in that purple, but the sleeve getting scrunchy at the elbow was weird.  

And it looks like the Spencer house is a re-purposed Liz's house set.  And what a surprise - - the walls are gray!

ETA

: im not on twitter anymore or I'd do it myself, can someone please tweet FV and ask him what is up with all the gray walls?  I am genuinely curious why nearly every set has been re-painted gray.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I let out a small scream when I saw the Frank Valentini Institutional Gray in the "new" Quartermaine living room, I didn't want to believe it. That couch is the size of a settee. What the fuck is that? Why did they do this? Why? While FV's show has always looked cheap, I used to think people were overthinking it on some of the gray sets, but no - now both the Metro Court and the Q house look almost exactly the same. Say what you will about how he handled home furnishings on OLTL, we didn't get stuck with gray/silver paint in fuckin' Llanfair or La Boulaie. ALL GRAY EVERYTHING

I still think Fluke is Eckert (I have, again, not seen today's yet), but the end of yesterday's show was almost a taunt on that note. When was it supposed to air before that December preemption?

Yesterday's show was intended to air yesterday. They were planning to run a rerun on Christmas Eve, but they caught up by running a new episode instead.

Edited by Francie

Johnny reunited with his doors peephole!

Life really is about the little things.

So Johnny maintained his apartment, "dead" Bill owns a house, I'm sure Sonnys house is now just waiting for him to return too, no wonder everyone else is bunking with each other! Half the PC housing is owned by prisoners or people in hiding (or whatever the hell Bill/Fluke is suppose to be.)

ETA: Johnny is apparently less of a jerk than I am. Dante's appearance was such BS, I would have gone there and be like "so I can try to get back with your mom if I can't have a drink with your wife?!" He'd deserve it.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 8

Yesterday's show was intended to air yesterday. They were planning to run a rerun on Christmas Eve, but they caught up by running a new episode instead.

Fair enough!

Jenny would make sense considering he wants to buy the house.  It stands to reason that it belongs to Jenny now that Bill is dead...

I missed half the show yesterday since they decided to show CT's inauguration.  I am not at all upset about it.  Sounds like I missed more of the same.

Oh yeah, because that totally makes sense. Who in this day and age doesn't own the homes of their childhood/random family members homes, especially if you are working class?

Edited by Ambrosefolly

I'm spoiler free so this is complete speculation but I'm wondering if Fluke is really Luke with DID.  (Ron hasn't done a DID story in a year, since Connie/Kate, so he must be itching).  The only reason Fluke would know everything Luke does, including today's reminder from Tracy that Johnny tried to frame them for AZ's murder, is if he lived it and in order for that to be the case, he'd have to be inside Luke's body, therefore a split ID.  So the entire scenes yesterday between Fluke and Luke never occured except in Luke's mind and when Michael goes to the house there won't be anyone in the basement.

And is it just me or has Pentonville suddenly become a revolving door.  We finally get Sonny tossed in there after years of deserving to go and now we've got Ava, Franco and Julian in and Johnny out.  

Edited by Perkie

I have been thinking that for a while, Perkie.

I did notice that Johnny's penthouse, one of Nik's walls and Michael's office all seem to be the same shade of red. Maybe, the set decorators got a great deal on grey and red paint.

im not on twitter anymore or I'd do it myself, can someone please tweet FV and ask him what is up with all the gray walls?

Done.  Let's see if he actually answers me.  

• Love 2

Jake needs to STFU. Carly deserves good things? Then she tells hom to not give Liz a second thought. What a couple of assholes.

Why does Michael have a cheapass living room couch in his office?

Ron is a complete idiot if he is shocked that people would guess Bill Eckert as Fluke. Who the hell else looks exactly like Luke?

Edited by barkley
  • Love 4

Johnny reunited with his doors peephole!

Life really is about the little things.

So Johnny maintained his apartment, "dead" Bill owns a house, I'm sure Sonnys house is now just waiting for him to return too, no wonder everyone else is bunking with each other! Half the PC housing is owned by prisoners or people in hiding (or whatever the hell Bill/Fluke is suppose to be.)

ETA: Johnny is apparently less of a jerk than I am. Dante's appearance was such BS, I would have gone there and be like "so I can try to get back with your mom if I can't have a drink with your wife?!" He'd deserve it.

Obviously for me, Dante >>>>>> Johnny, but that would be amazing.

• Love 1

Why does Michael have a cheapass living room couch in his office?

He's hoping bad furniture will prevent people from having sex on it? He spent most of his couch budget replacing the biohazard in his apartment? I got more of these but unlike Ron, I'm not into murdering jokes.

• Love 3

I haven't watched it but it amuses me that Nathan tells Johnny to stay away from Maxie given they are married in real life. 

I hope Lulu cheats on Dante. Anything to liven up this couple. Time to give them something new besides babies.

• Love 3

I've been tossing the DID thing around, too.

BUT if Johnny knew all along, or found out pretty quickly, that Fluke was Gino-he'd likely have caught up Gino on everything Anthony did.

The more I think about it, if Fluke is a separate ID and NOT Luke with split personality, Gino fits way better than just about anyone.

He was a bit of a perv-on the City used to go around pinching/grabbing Tracy, etc. Often mentioned he had mistresses and saw nothing wrong with it. The whole Kiki thing fits too, since Gino sexed up Claudia when she was a minor, so he has a thing for young girls/skirt chasing in general. ELQ fits, because Tracy used some of his money to save the company-he'd see it as being his. Sonny fits-again the whole territory thing, and Gino was from Bensonhurst, too, so they knew each other personally. Doesn't make sense he wouldn't know Dante or Olivia, though.

And yeah, Gino was a "shoot first ask questions later" kind of guy. I could buy it, and I don't think it matters that Gino himself has never been a character on GH. He has what most "new" characters don't have when they hit town-an already established history with several key players.

But I'm still stuck on the DID thing too. So. And I just realized this has been playing out for almost a year now, or right at a year. Gino, the Tooth Fairy, DID, whatever. Just wrap it up, already.

• Love 2

Why doesn't anyone have the smarts to see who is paying the taxes on that house?  I am looking at you, Michael.  At least that way. you might find someone who knows what is going on.

After Micheal's last furniture was ruined in the Biohazard 2014, he may be installing cameras a'la Mona Vanderwall to protect his belongings, plus he had to get the Q crypt cleaned and disinfected. He's also changing his financial information so Kiki and Morgan can't use his credit cards or netflix account. He's very busy.

• Love 5

I really don't want Julian in jail with Sonny, especially if Sonny is wearing that ridiculous toboggan.  And why would Julian give Sonny the time of day (or, I guess, vice versa)?  Please, please, please don't let them work together to bring down Luke or whoever he is.  As much as I hate everything about the fake Luke storyline, I can't stand the thought of Julian working with Sonny on anything.  

So over this entire Luke debacle.  Don't care.  Never cared about Bill, have no interest now.  And Patricia?  Zero interest.  Is it really possible that all this crap over soooo many months has really just been about Bill getting revenge?  Or, god forbid, a DID situation?  We've spent all this time on this terrible (and terribly boring and confusing) storyline, instead of spending more time on things like Michael's rage? 

I adore Johnny.  Always have, always will.  But I do not believe that Lulu thinks about him, and I don't want to see a Johnny/ Lulu / Dante triangle. I thought Dante/ Nathan/ Johnny was kind of fun, visually.​  Didn't really care about what they said, but BB cracks me up with all the smirks and whatnot, and I loved him literally banging his head against the wall.  

What have they done to my Johnny?  I remember him as a guy who really didn't want to be a mobster. Why are they having him doing the former girlfriends tour?

Because most of his former girlfriends have more chemistry with him than they do with any of their other pairings? 

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 3

I really don't want Julian in jail with Sonny, especially if Sonny is wearing that ridiculous toboggan.  And why would Julian give Sonny the time of day (or, I guess, vice versa)?  Please, please, please don't let them work together to bring down Luke or whoever he is.  As much as I hate everything about the fake Luke storyline, I can't stand the thought of Julian working with Sonny on anything.  

So over this entire Luke debacle.  Don't care.  Never cared about Bill, have no interest now.  And Patricia?  Zero interest.  Is it really possible that all this crap over soooo many months has really just been about Bill getting revenge?  Or, god forbid, a DID situation?  We've spent all this time on this terrible (and terribly boring and confusing) storyline, instead of spending more time on things like Michael's rage? 

I adore Johnny.  Always have, always will.  But I do not believe that Lulu thinks about him, and I don't want to see a Johnny/ Lulu / Dante triangle. I thought Dante/ Nathan/ Johnny was kind of fun, visually.​  Didn't really care about what they said, but BB cracks me up with all the smirks and whatnot, and I loved him literally banging his head against the wall.  

I'm thinking the set-up is a bit too obvious. Maybe Dante will misinterpret something and he'll be the one cheating. Either way, since Johnny is working with Fluke it's gonna end up as Lulu was deceived by evil old Johnny, and I doubt much consequence. Probably one episode of emmy bait for ER and DZ and a reconciliation off-screen.

Dante and Nathan were dicks, but then Johnny's a dick too, so it was basically like three dicks just standing around trying to compete with  . 

Too many dicks on the dancefloor (*Flight of the Conchords ). Haha!!

I know we all complain about the women in PC prancing around in the winter in short sleeves, but that sweater Sam was wearing today was god awful and very ill fitting.  Sorry the quote function is still not working for me. I just tried for 10 minutes to fix this post, am I the only one?

Edited by Blackie

I'm thinking the set-up is a bit too obvious. Maybe Dante will misinterpret something and he'll be the one cheating. Either way, since Johnny is working with Fluke it's gonna end up as Lulu was deceived by evil old Johnny, and I doubt much consequence. Probably one episode of emmy bait for ER and DZ and a reconciliation off-screen.

I refuse to believe that Dante/Lulu are some forever couple.

Refuse.

:/

• Love 3

It's so cute how Anna and Patrick haven't told anyone how Helena "magically appeared" just to make this dumbass story continue.

Why not? FIVE YEARS and counting. :-\ Most other couples barely get ONE year before the shit starts flying.

Ron will crap on it like he does everything else.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I refuse to believe that Dante/Lulu are some forever couple.

Refuse.

:/

I mean . . . I guess you got a chance of that if they kill one of them off.

Edited by ulkis