Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Monica better get back at Dr.O for threatening her job. Preferably contacting Lee and Gail and having the board of directors fire her ass. 

I know a lot of folks like Molly but I just can't with that girl

Me either, she is just...nails on a chalkboard every time I see or hear her. I'd love it if Molly was written off to go and stay with Ric for a while, and then she and TJ could finally break up and he could find a new girlfriend.

I liked her and don't mind her giving attitude to Julian. It isn't like she's wrong. A big part of the problem is her lack of screen time , only with her name dropped of babysitting Danny, and it is pretty strange she was pretty much absent during the summer months.  They haven't developed her past "angry at Julian". It is one of the reasons that the show should have turned the mayor election from non existent, to the B storyline. If they didn't want HaPa to anchor a storyline, I wouldn't mind something were Molly is getting involved in a campaign/throwing her self in community service work to prepare for college. 

• Love 4

It's Christmas Eve so if I can't find anything nice to say I better just say Merry Christmas to all (My wishes for a Merry go for those who do not celebrate as well, The Merry is a good wish one way or the other)

So Merry Christmas

• Love 1

It was Nikolas.

Ah okay, thanks. I forgot he was even on today until I saw him grabbing Joss and Spencer at the end to take them home.

They didn't even bother to pretend they remembered how Alan loved to read the Christmas story to the kids on the floor. Oh no, they had to make way for Dr. O's Christmas Horror Show, not that it differed much from the general horror show she creates just by sticking around.

A big part of the problem is her lack of screen time

Not for me it isn't. That's actually time I consider a welcome reprieve from her.

I can still remember how much she ate the show during her "Twilight" addiction not so long ago and how she used to go around as basically the female Spencer, a little girl spouting off tripe at will and acting as if she was 10 going on 40 while interfering with as much grown up business as possible.

Frankly I just don't like her, haven't since she was her adorable, and silent, baby self.

• Love 1

And that kiss... I saw more genuine emotion when Cameron smooched Emma's cheek and that's because it seemed sort of innocent and not so pre-planned and forced it made you wince just looking at it happen.

LOL. I feel like all the kisses on this show are bad. The only ones who really go at it are NLG and WDV.

I really liked the Sam/Ric scene too.   Both of them were in the wrong way back in the day, so it was nice to see them "bury the hatchet" so to speak.

Not commenting on the Liz/Jake/Sam scene because it has all been said.  But I did spot Becky's beautiful kids at GH.  They are all getting so big.

I was ready to rage at the lack of Monica/Danny interaction, but the montage made up for it.

So last week Sam was not even talking to Patrick and now they are making out under the mistletoe?  Sure.

• Love 1

LOL. I feel like all the kisses on this show are bad. The only ones who really go at it are NLG and WDV.

Well there was that time Sonny tried to eat through Ava's face when they were in the crypt getting it on. Don't tell me you didn't "feel" the passion then too? [/sarcasm font 2015].

Baby Georgie was certainly...quiet, heh. She and Rocco should get along well.

So last week Sam was not even talking to Patrick and now they are making out under the mistletoe? Sure.

To me it means Jason is going to start remembering soon. Gotta have Samtrick get serious before Ron ignites the fire.

I can't believe Patrick and Emma would be anywhere NEAR Dr. O. It's so disrespectful.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Jumping on the Krampus wagon? Oh Ron, you gave me the gift of having my eyes roll out of my head and across the room! Baby Georgie looks tired of everyone's shit. I liked the Julian and Alexis scenes today.  Patrick and Sam are gross.  Joss is definitely the child that Carly deserves.  Love that Ric interrupted the Liz/Jake(son) moment before they actually had a moment.  Epic timing Ric! Judging from the sad look on Jake(son)'s face, he's mentally dusting off the ol' box of pain.  I love Billy Miller and think he's a great actor, but I wish he would have been brought on as anyone else, hell he could have come back as the love child of Anna and Casey the alien and I would have preferred it to Jason.  Jason needs to be left at the bottom of the harbor.  Carly and Sonny can feel free to join him there at any time.  That would be my Christmas wish, but thanks Ron, we got a tired campy scene of the story of Krampus instead.  We're never going to have nice things are we? 

Edited by sashabear21
  • Love 3

Next year's power couple!

I'm not so sure, we do have Ava daughter who is basically as big as baby Georgie already so she could strong arm  her way in and make it a real baby romance triangle.

We could see both girls hoarding their Num Num snacks to give him as he ponders which one he wants to share nap-time with over a warm bottle.

I know baby girl with no name is supposedly Sonny's but I refuse to believe that is true so to me she's just Ava's daughter, maybe she doesn't even have a father, it's a Christmas miracle. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

So while Patrick was investigating the DEATH of St. Shamwow, he had time to get Sam a gift? And they'll always have Amsterdam like it was some romantic getaway? I just can't with this complete nonsense.

Ric/Liz actually have very sweet chemistry, but I can't forget the Ric of the past and the crappy things he did.

I'm still amused by Sam and Jason's dislike for one another.

Dr. O makes me want to cut my pillow with feathers in it.

You just know Ron is lurking here and exclaiming, "Finally!  Somebody out there gets it!"

Does she feel sorry for poor, misunderstood Franco because of his brain tumor, too? LOL

She thinks Franco is "adorable". After I detailed his horrific crimes, her retort was to call Dante "mean" for "breaking up that cute little family".

We sat down to watch the show together and d started yelling at each other and my other aunt, this year's host, told us if either one said another word about "that hospital show" were both not welcome at dinner tonight.

• Love 17

So while Patrick was investigating the DEATH of St. Shamwow, he had time to get Sam a gift? And they'll always have Amsterdam like it was some romantic getaway? I just can't with this complete nonsense.

Ric/Liz actually have very sweet chemistry, but I can't forget the Ric of the past and the crappy things he did.

Dr. O makes me want to cut my pillow with feathers in it.

So many characters did crappy things in their pasts that I can easily ignore Ric's history since he brings the pretty with Liz. I'm fickle that way.

• Love 3

So many characters did crappy things in their pasts that I can easily ignore Ric's history since he brings the pretty with Liz. I'm fickle that way.

Oh, I know. And in the grand scheme of things, he's the least of my problems.

• Love 2

Well, that's how their relationship started out, so of course Ron is trying to rehash it.   But hey, I'll take this over Sam kissing his ass like every other person in PC. (Until the reveal, of course) 

• Love 6

She thinks Franco is "adorable". After I detailed his horrific crimes, her retort was to call Dante "mean" for "breaking up that cute little family".

We sat down to watch the show together and d started yelling at each other and my other aunt, this year's host, told us if either one said another word about "that hospital show" were both not welcome at dinner tonight.

Man now this would have made for the perfect Christmas episode, Tiger, heh no offense but it sounds like a brilliant battle went on. And I certainly would have been cheering you on.

I would have liked them better if they'd had this conversation around the second or third time they broke up instead of four hundredth.

Amen. How many times can someone say they can't be with someone else when they've already said it countless times before.

The Maxie/Spin/Georgie scenes were the only good thing about today for me. I guess Ric/Sam were OK too.

Jakeson is a grown ass man and can talk to Sam if he wants, STFU Liz. Why won't Helena slit that stupid hyena's throat already.

The Dr. O and Nathan scenes weren't heartwarming or precious, they were revolting.

Judge Moesha can STFU because I don't give a damn about him or his dead daughter.

I was hoping Ric found some self respect and would decide not to ask that rodent for a second chance.

• Love 5

Well, that's how their relationship started out, so of course Ron is trying to rehash it. But hey, I'll take this over Sam kissing his ass like every other person in PC. (Until the reveal, of course)

It's funny because I get why it's being done ("Oh shit, Sam doesn't know it but she hates Jason!"), but I kinda like it. They don't bore me.

Judge Moesha can STFU because I don't give a damn about him or his dead daughter.

No. You. Didn't! LOL!

I fell out of my chair because I just realized it's the same person..BWAHHHH (I was more a Parkers fan than Moesha)

I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't place it..Ya'll funny..

• Love 2
Welp! I see why they didn't care that this episode was pushed back..

There was a decent amount of plot movement, which surprised me, because the Christmas Eve ep usually treads water. But we found out how Dr. O got Judge Plot Point to let Maxie see Georgie, we got Maxie seeing Georgie and Ric seeing Liz, Patrick and Sam kissing.

And most important, NO Sonny, Carly, Nina, Franco, or Lauren. Talk about your Christmas miracles. 

• Love 3

And most important, NO Sonny, Carly, Nina, Franco, or Lauren. Talk about your Christmas miracles. 

Well that can't be denied, the inclusion of any of them would have just made everything even worse.

• Love 2

A more accurate use of history would have been replacing Maxie with Lulu in his speech. He's long moved on from Lulu, Maxie is is unrequited love.

Not really, he and Maxie had a flirtation but it was nothing like the go on the run/take a murder rap & go to jail love he had for Lulu. 

I have two favorite things about Sam/Patrick:

1. I absolutely find it hilarious how they only work if you completely erase Robin from the universe and from Patrick's history/life.

2. See 1.

And there lies the problem because without Robin, Patrick does not exist - she is the whole reason Patrick came to Port Charles. 

It hit me not too long ago that what GH is doing to Patrick and Scrubs reminds me of what Days did to Jack and Jennifer. Jennifer and Patrick were both characters I enjoyed watching and now I can barely recognize them and could care less about what they are doing.

Patrick has completely forgotten about Robin and who she is, believing that she would rather run off to Paris, 'broken', than be with him and Emma. Jennifer did the same with Jack, believing he was on a 'walk about', disregarding everything she knew about him, and not realizing that he was undercover on a story and then being tortured.

Both Jack and Robin have been pronounced dead although Jack has her beat as the last time was his third death (I can't believe I actually typed that.)

When Jack came back, Jennifer kept him, the supposed love of her life, waiting before deciding to be with him and not Daniel. When Robin came back, Patrick kept her, the supposed love of his life, waiting before choosing her over Sabrina.

There are ways to salvage this storyline but I just don't think that this current regime has a clue how. Hint - a romance with Sam is not the answer unless they are being brainwashed or we are dealing with a double for Patrick. Patrick was always a selfish dick but one that cared about Robin even if they weren't together. This current incarnation doesn't even seem to remember he was ever married or that less than a year ago he was pledging his undying love and devotion to her.

Rant over - frustration released.

Merry Christmas or Happy Thursday! (depending on your beliefs.)

• Love 6

I'm not sure what those other creeping horrors would be doing, but isn't this time for Carly's version of a spa day?  As I recall, it starts out with a home visit from Roto Rooter, followed by the comprehensive treatment at Jiffy Lube and finished off with some deluxe detailing at the local car wash.  

Cuz she's worth it.

• Love 1

Patrick was always a selfish dick but one that cared about Robin even if they weren't together. This current incarnation doesn't even seem to remember he was ever married or that less than a year ago he was pledging his undying love and devotion to her.

It's like they purposely want to downplay Patrick's history with and love for Robin out of fear of...I don't know what. It doesn't matter that KMc isn't there; her character in the PC world still exists. She was married to Patrick. She's Anna's daughter. She is Emma's mother. To focus on Emma for a minute, how do you have a Christmas and not have Rob's daughter mention her? The daughter who hasn't seen her mother since earlier this year or spoken to her since August? She's a KID. But you have Emma at the hospital near Dr. O of all people, kissing her kiddie boyfriend?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

In my mind the true Christmas miracle is being able to buy a ticket at literally the last minute from Portland to PC on one of the busiest traveling weeks of the year, and then traveling with an infant to get there hours after the judge reverses his ruling.  Hate to think what that cost.  :O

Edited by Reo
  • Love 2

I'll be brave and admit that I really liked today!

The whole Krampus thing was amusing ( you could see some of the kids trying not to laugh) , Nathan and Dr. O's scenes were sweet, the Carol at the end was beautiful, Alexis and Julian were sad, Ric's reveal to Liz was bittersweet against her feelings for Jake, Maxie seeing her daughter was warm and fuzzy, the fact that Dr.O was behind Maxie being able to see her daughter was a small step towards the character's humanity peeking out ( she didn't do anything too terrible to make it happen), Monica is getting some (you get your swirl on girl!!) and she's spending time with her grandson, and there are two (two!) interracial couples on tv!!! 

It was all soapy goodness : ) 

Merry Christmas and Happy Thursday to all my friends here : ) 

• Love 4

Where is Liz's other son? 

I think Aiden officially doesn't exist anymore. Not even a mention of where he was, like Liz didn't have a care about him at all. WTF

That Dr. O stuff was beyond words. My teenage sons were waiting to use the tv for video games and were horrified at what ever the heck I was watching. I won't tell you what they said when she broke into song. LOL

• Love 4
I think Aiden officially doesn't exist anymore. Not even a mention of where he was, like Liz didn't have a care about him at all. WTF

Actually Liz did mention him. She quipped to Jakson that Aiden, per usual, was with "great grandma" I believe. She said she was glad he wasn't there for the Krampus crap because it'd have terrified him.

Honestly the very best thing that could come out of no Aiden sightings for so long, for me at least, would be if he did finally just pop back up as a teenager, suddenly older than his own big brother, Cameron.

• Love 1

Sorry, Judge Plot Point, but I don't care that you lost your daughter to a drunk driver.

I thought it was the daughter that was the drunk driver.

And they would end the show with a kiss between Sam and Patrick, I guess ending the episode in the most contrived way possible was appropriate. Those two are such an anti-couple they don't even register for me anymore, and that kiss... I saw more genuine emotion when Cameron smooched Emma's cheek and that's because it seemed sort of innocent and not so pre-planned and forced it made you wince just looking at it happen.

And just think, while Patrick is smooching it up with Sam, his wife is getting extra electroshock for Christmas!  It's just soooooooo romantic!  (Except not).

On the other hand, if Patrick and Sam are kissing, a Robin appearance is sure to be on the horizon.  Since the "interrupted wedding" thing has already been done, I predict that Robin will escape and make her way back to Port Charles just in time to walk in on Samtrick fucking.

I love Billy Miller and think he's a great actor, but I wish he would have been brought on as anyone else, hell he could have come back as the love child of Anna and Casey the alien and I would have preferred it to Jason.

Don't be giving Ron ideas.

When Jack came back, Jennifer kept him, the supposed love of her life, waiting before deciding to be with him and not Daniel. When Robin came back, Patrick kept her, the supposed love of his life, waiting before choosing her over Sabrina.

Don't forget he ran after Sabrina - twice - before he finally went back to the sloppy seconds love of his life to tell her he chose her.

Patrick is Krampus. He ruins everything.

Yup.

I liked how Monica saved the day at the hospital Christmas party.  I kept hoping she would then sit down and tell the Christmas story.

Hope everyone has fantastic Christmas/Thursday!

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 3

On the other hand, if Patrick and Sam are kissing, a Robin appearance is sure to be on the horizon. Since the "interrupted wedding" thing has already been done, I predict that Robin will escape and make her way back to Port Charles just in time to walk in on Samtrick fucking.

Totes. Feb. sweeps IS right around the corner. The Three Stooges PI Firm (Sam, Patrick and their #1 source Spencer) will investigate Jake all of January before Robin pops up.

You quoted the wrong person with the Judge Plot Point comment, btw. I FF him so hard.

• Love 1

The whole thing with Dr. O and the story of the East German secret police...er, the Krampus...would have been just dandy if they had balanced it out more evenly with the subsequent Santa-related material.  That was an oversight.  OTOH, in keeping with Joss being corn, she was the one kid who was actually digging it while everybody else was freaking out--so halfsies, I guess.  And, in a bizarre way, it set up the lovely-but-so-messed-up bit of Liesl serenading her grown-ass son to sing the episode out.

By loose extension, since I missed the relevant episodes: Judge Plot Point throwing the book at Maxie retroactively being due to his late, reckless daughter wasn't so much bad as just...weirdly timed?  Maxie hasn't been that level of trainwreck in a while, last I recall.  In fairness, though, I was inclined to let it go in favor of going "Get it, girl!" at Monica.

Julian shutting Alexis down, meanwhile, was a sad reminder: out of all the pairings on the show (except possibly Sam and Jakeson, which is almost literally a ticking nuclear bomb at this point), why is the one with two of the strongest actors on the show the one TPTB insist on endlessly blowing the hell up like buildings in a Cannon movie?  Can't they be happy for more than two minutes?  Even Jakeson got a couple of minutes with Liz before Ric showed up to cockblock him, for the love of Helena!

Alright, I am going to go and set a Santa trap so I can demand a better GH for next year, but before I go, I hope that everyone has a safe, warm, and enjoyable day where all bad thoughts and things and especially persons have no presence and peace of mind and good will and cheer prevail.

A toast to you all, Merry Christmas.

• Love 4

Liz was straight-up insufferable in this episode. She's so fucking awful sometimes I can't. And then she was doing that fucking baby voice with Ric and I just wanted to punch her in the face. SO AWFUL. Ric deserves better than this. RH is so fine. But also, um, Liz, didn't this guy like secretly give you birth control and hide a pregnant woman in your house so he could steal her baby? Like maybe stay away from him. She's so desperate. 

Spinelli ugh. UGH. I hate him so.

I had to cover my eyes while Dr. O was singing to Nathan. So much second-hand embarrassment. That being said, KG sounded lovely.

Nikolas looks really hot lately. He's still an insufferable ass though.

Samtrick is so embarrassing. Like they dropped the ball so hard on that pairing. It's just ridiculous now.

Joss was the best part of this episode honestly. She's delightful.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I think the actor playing Dr. Olbrecht gives her all in every performance.  Too bad that all her work can't make this character work on any level for me.  Her "nice" scenes, be it with Nathan or anyone else are just too simple-minded to bother with.  She's a cartoon villain and trying to make her three dimensional a this point is as much a WTF moment as having Hannibal Lector being a spokesperson for "Save the Children" would be.  

Just get rid of her and let us forget this desecration of the actual hospital in General Hospital.

Alright, I am going to go and set a Santa trap so I can demand a better GH for next year, but before I go, I hope that everyone has a safe, warm, and enjoyable day where all bad thoughts and things and especially persons have no presence and peace of mind and good will and cheer prevail.

A toast to you all, Merry Christmas.

Perfectly said!  I wish the same to all of you - and thanks for the pleasure of all your wit and intelligence.  This is quite the group!!

• Love 6
I liked how Monica saved the day at the hospital Christmas party.  I kept hoping she would then sit down and tell the Christmas story.

Sit down where?  On the floor?  On the stairs?  Changing camera angles and adding one set of stairs can't hide how the hospital set keeps shrinking. 

For those of us (not too many in this neck of the woods) who enjoy watching Liz, this was a nice episode.

• Love 6
Sorry, Judge Plot Point, but I don't care that you lost your daughter to a drunk driver.

I thought it was the daughter that was the drunk driver.

Either way, I don't care. You don't punish someone else's daughter because yours was out of control.

• Love 9

Liz was straight-up insufferable in this episode. She's so fucking awful sometimes I can't. And then she was doing that fucking baby voice with Ric and I just wanted to punch her in the face. SO AWFUL. Ric deserves better than this. RH is so fine. But also, um, Liz, didn't this guy like secretly give you birth control and hide a pregnant woman in your house so he could steal her baby? Like maybe stay away from him. She's so desperate. 

Spinelli ugh. UGH. I hate him so.

I had to cover my eyes while Dr. O was singing to Nathan. So much second-hand embarrassment. That being said, KG sounded lovely.

Nikolas looks really hot lately. He's still an insufferable ass though.

Samtrick is so embarrassing. Like they dropped the ball so hard on that pairing. It's just ridiculous now.

Joss was the best part of this episode honestly. She's delightful.

Nik is looking freaking beautiful. It makes me want to weep with joy, haha. It's like there! There is the beautiful man I remember!

Samtrick were okay but Patrick comes across as too desperate. 

I want Dante and Anna to find out Obrecht was holding hands with Nathan and singing to him and giving him utter shit about it. Not in a holier-than-thou way but "we are never going to stop making fun of you" kind of way. That would be delightful.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2