Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And this whole Jason story would be better if they'd either A.) Done SamTrick originally or B.) Kept Silas/Sam together. I'd rather Patrick be mad at Jason yet again putting Robin's life in danger than be The Other Man and Robin's just cast aside. Have Jason be a Q with nightmares and Patrick a reluctant doctor, but angry. That's better.

This.  ADD blew the Jason tension.  I like SamTrick and have never been a JaSam fan (though I'm keeping an open mind with the recast), but there is 0 dramatic tension with a Patrick/Sam/Jason triangle at this point.  A couple of makeout sessions does not make a relationship.  If Sam and Patrick had spent the last year growing closer, people would have more invested.  Even though I lost interest in Silas/Sam once phase Nina started last winter and actually like SamTrick, I agree that having Silas/Sam be together when Jason returns would be a better story than hastily slapping together SamTrick at the last minute and trying to pretend like it presents Sam with a difficult choice.

The Nina crap was just such a tremendous misfire.  Almost anything else would have been better.  For example, they could have killed off Rafe and had Rafe's death lead Silas and Sam to think about their parenting choices and discuss having Silas adopt Danny.  Then when Jason comes back, they could have been fighting over the kid, with Jason feeling guilty about the role he played in stealing Michael from AJ.  I mean... ANYTHING.

Instead they had Sam--arguably the lead female character on the show right now--spend the better part of the last year chasing around after effing Nina, a character no one cares about who has no natural connection to or affect on her relationship with her soon-to-be-resurrected husband.  And then the second Nina arrives on the scene, she peaces out on the entire story just in time to spend 10 seconds flirting with Patrick before she finds out Jason is alive.  It just makes no sense.

• Love 3
nstead they had Sam--arguably the lead female character on the show right now--spend the better part of the last year chasing around after effing Nina, a character no one cares about who has no natural connection to or affect on her relationship with her soon-to-be-resurrected husband.  And then the second Nina arrives on the scene, she peaces out on the entire story just in time to spend 10 seconds flirting with Patrick before she finds out Jason is alive.  It just makes no sense

But see I think we're not looking at things the right way. Ron obviously won! Sure it might have been nice and entertaining to see a well written, thought out plan put in place that used established characters to create believable drama, but you can't always have everything you want.

The most important thing is that Ron kept us guessing, none of us could have ever, in a million years, guessed that this would be how everything would turn out. Now sure, none of us ever thought this would be the end result because it's pointless, stupid, insulting, and a complete waste of time but hey...score one for Ron, that has to count for something right? /sarcasmtothe1000thpoweractivated

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

This.  ADD blew the Jason tension.  I like SamTrick and have never been a JaSam fan (though I'm keeping an open mind with the recast), but there is 0 dramatic tension with a Patrick/Sam/Jason triangle at this point.  A couple of makeout sessions does not make a relationship.  If Sam and Patrick had spent the last year growing closer, people would have more invested.  Even though I lost interest in Silas/Sam once phase Nina started last winter and actually like SamTrick, I agree that having Silas/Sam be together when Jason returns would be a better story than hastily slapping together SamTrick at the last minute and trying to pretend like it presents Sam with a difficult choice.

The Nina crap was just such a tremendous misfire.  Almost anything else would have been better.  For example, they could have killed off Rafe and had Rafe's death lead Silas and Sam to think about their parenting choices and discuss having Silas adopt Danny.  Then when Jason comes back, they could have been fighting over the kid, with Jason feeling guilty about the role he played in stealing Michael from AJ.  I mean... ANYTHING.

Instead they had Sam--arguably the lead female character on the show right now--spend the better part of the last year chasing around after effing Nina, a character no one cares about who has no natural connection to or affect on her relationship with her soon-to-be-resurrected husband.  And then the second Nina arrives on the scene, she peaces out on the entire story just in time to spend 10 seconds flirting with Patrick before she finds out Jason is alive.  It just makes no sense.

If we have to have Jason with any face. I agree with your idea. Silas has adopted Danny and Jason sees he destroyed his brother and nephew. He saw a little that he was wrong when he had to give up Jake to keep him safe from the mob life. It didn't last long because he started spewing kids are not safe they can be killed by cars. gag me. It would have been nice to see Jason suffer. Hate carley for her part ,and tell Alexis she should have minded her own business AJ did NOT want to give up his son. AJ is dead so its all moot. the whole show is moot. Don't think for a minute re-ron will ever give the fans the satisfaction of this. He will have Monica so happy to get Jason back all he did will be forgiven and forgotten. It wasn't your fault ,you were hurt and AJ drove the car.. Of course no one dragged Jason into the car ,he was fighting AJ for the wheel. Why am I bothering ?
  • Love 3

While I agree that The Nina Show (both before when she was an over-mentioned name and now that she's an overseen character) was the wrong avenue, I sorta get not wanting to tell another "spouse comes back from the dead and interrupts their relationship" story with Sam and Silas.

Edited by TeeVee329

I was going to say Mac and Felicia don't act like high schoolers, but then I remembered Mac tearing down one of Mayor Lomax's campaign posters. 

Which reminds me...what is with this completely off-screen, barely mentioned Felicia Runs For Mayor story.  That could have been a fun B-storyline involving the vets, but the way it just randomly gets brought up every six weeks is so weird.

• Love 1

I'm still half hoping we get Jason feeling remorse over AJ/Micheal, taking AJ's son from him. I'm just like barf because now Nina will most likely be the one-expressing my child was unfairly taken by a family member 20 some odd years ago and I'm soo sad and look at me now- that helps hospitalized Jason see that when it should be a few easy facts:

Robin pretty much gave her family for you twice, dude. She was good.

Sonny shot your brother for no reason, got you shot, took your family away. He's not good.

Look at what Micheal has been through thanks to Sonny and Carly's selfishness, insecurity, and need to win.

Franco.

That's all Jason needs.

• Love 3

I wouldn't be surprise if we're suddenly told in some random scene in the middle of December that Felicia is now Mayor. Then at some point we'll get a few scenes of her running interference between Anna & Scotty.

• Love 1
So if Snarly believed that the hitman came after Michael because he is Sonny's son, what makes them think that they won't come after Morgan who is Sonny's son, too.

Fake!Luke didn't say "Kill whichever Corinthos son you find at home." Heh. I'm pretty sure everyone has forgotten that Morgan is Sonny's son, even Sonny.

• Love 3

Fake!Luke didn't say "Kill whichever Corinthos son you find at home." Heh. I'm pretty sure everyone has forgotten that Morgan is Sonny's son, even Sonny.

Fluke:   Morgan?  If we kill him, it would take Sonny about 6 months to realize it.  "uhhhh.....wait.....wasn't there...another... boy child?"

• Love 4

Wait, I thought Fluke wanted Michael killed so Tracy (and he) could regain control of ELQ.  In this instance, it wasn't really about being Sonny's son, though I'm sure that was a bonus.

• Love 1

Wait, I thought Fluke wanted Michael killed so Tracy (and he) could regain control of ELQ. 

Yup, that was/is why. Of course it's not like there aren't other Quartermaines who can take over besides Tracy is Michael is dead. Maybe he does plan to kill them off one by one. (gasp! Fluke is Guza!)

• Love 7

If Liz is at the hospital 24/7 now, who is taking care of the kid population in PC?

Here's a better question - did Patrick mention who is watching Emma while he jets off to romantic Amsterdam with Sam?

• Love 3

Here's a better question - did Patrick mention who is watching Emma while he jets off to romantic Amsterdam with Sam?

I would literally pay money to the show if Sobby took Emma along to kill Ava by shooting her multiple times. "Okay honey, don't get too close. We don't want to stain your Fairy Princess dress."

Edited by Happyshooter
  • Love 2

I'd bet that now Sabrina has taken over both baby sitting and bad influence duties.

Ahhh.... next generation GH.

I hope she dresses them all like fairy tale characters while whipping up spells and potions to get revenge and release Prince Charming from Prison.

• Love 2

Wait, I thought Fluke wanted Michael killed so Tracy (and he) could regain control of ELQ.  In this instance, it wasn't really about being Sonny's son, though I'm sure that was a bonus.

Yep, that's exactly why.  It has nothing to do with him being a Corinthos, even though Sonny doesn't know that fact.  So all this lamenting about Morgan is pointless.  That's not why Fluke targeted Michael.  It has to do with him being pissed off that Michael fired Tracey and prevented her from being in a position to launder Fluke's money.

• Love 1

But, I'm assuming that Sonny and Carly have exactly zero clues that this is about ELQ and not about Sonny.  Generally, if someone shows up on at the doorstep of one of Sonny's relatives toting a gun, it's because of Sonny's business.  So if they're concerned that hit man number 2 will be along soon to try and off him and he, therefore, needs to get out of town, then their next natural concern should be that Morgan would pop up next on the list if Michael is hidden away.  (And Sonny should also warn Dante and suck it up and give Alexis a heads up for Kristina's sake).  

• Love 2

I am kinda mad and kinda sad. They paid to have Monica on again, and wasted her propping Liz for stage one of the Liz three step man plan

(Step one, want a new dick, step two, be smug/snide to other women until she gets it, step three, dump the guy)

Does no one say anything to Ron at the meetings about how he is wasting characters with lots of history, and actors who can actually act?

Also, Goddamnit Nathan! You are a lot of things, but not a wuss. 15 minutes and he should have cruised.

I know I don't have to say anything about the Carly cheating cam, because I know everyone else will say it better.

So Sam didn't just Mile High Patrick as soon as he said the papers were signed? This must be Ron's way of taking it slow.

• Love 4

HATE that today's writer(s) put Elizabeth on her day off at unconscious NuJason's bedside, instead of spending time with her sons. Grrr!! Liz getting all emotional over remembering Jason (with Monica), her regrets, also makes me want to hit something. Must she always get bad writing?!?!

I like that Patrick said "deadbeat mobsters" to Sam's face, and I truly hope that reference to women was about Robin, Elizabeth and Sam - NOT shebeast.  Umm, Sam, Patrick hasn't changed that much. The only other positive thing is Sam's very pretty blouse. 

I did like Maxie saying her sense of fashion got ruined under Levi's influence. LOL. Yeah, how about you correct that today? The white T-shirt with dark bra, and that necklace - no bueno! 

Clearly Lulu doesn't listen to herself re: her father. Hellllooo, behavioral evidence that Fluke's been acting suspicious/like a douche? YES!  I'm having one of those "Dante is too good for Lulu" days. His heart is in the right place, but he's not doing his partner any favors by encouraging him w/Maxie.

Ugh, SO glad I missed the Carson sex in Michael's apartment. He needs to find out about that, on top of everything else, and never speak to his mom and so-called 'father' ever again.

Of course the first face NuJason sees is Elizabeth's. Let the Liz/NuJason/Sam/Patrick quad begin. 

• Love 2

Hey, Monica!  And hey, Liz remembered she was romantically involved with AJ!  Siiigh, Quiz, what could have been...

Did Sonny and Carly really do it in Michael's apartment?!?!  You own a hotel, Carly, you can literally get a room, EW!

• Love 3

Show just starting here but seriously, Sonny & Carly had sex in their sons' s apartment?!?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Is there anywhere the greasy little shit won't get his freak on?  

(Not actually looking for answer here; scared of what it might be)

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Well Sonny literally fucked over AJ on his grave and now Michael's parents have pretty much literally fucked him over. 

I haven't watched yet but I don't know if I want to.  Besides Carly and Sonny (enough already) listening to Monica and Liz talk about AJ will make me sad and ragey.

• Love 2

How about you diss AJ harder, show? God, I want Micheal to tell Liz she used his real father, AJ, and his uncle because she's constantly searching for a father for her kids. Perhaps if she spent more time with Firestarter, Roadkill, and Milk Carton they might be normal. And one would be alive. And where the hell is Aiden and why does Cam, Firestarter, act like he's 50? Also, Jake never should have died. Yes, I'm pissed that the first face Jason sees is Liz and not Monica or Sam. Riding Doctor Peen isn't that great of a story.

Also, we've been set up for a Carly/Franco redemption imo. The whole Carly yelling and going "Rawr Micheal got shot! Your fault! Grrr!" to Sonny and then him pointing out she chose him over AJ to be his dad was so foreshadowing. I felt knocked out by the plot points.

And Roger and Michelle are cute. They're like he asked me what day it was on Oct 3rd and I said its Oct 3rd. And then Michelle said you look sexy with your hair pushed back. And I died.

• Love 1

Also, we've been set up for a Carly/Franco redemption imo. The whole Carly yelling and going "Rawr Micheal got shot! Your fault! Grrr!" to Sonny and then him pointing out she chose him over AJ to be his dad was so foreshadowing. I felt knocked out by the plot points.

I don't know, I got a "We belong together because we are such shit parents" vibe, so who knows.

And I don't know how that would fit in to Nina/Franco being slowly, but surely set up.

Now Monica suddenly senses a closeness to NuJason? Danny was fine, Liz was forgivable, and Sam was really pushing it.But now Monica? The writers really are about as subtle as en elephant turd.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

Show just starting here but seriously, Sonny & Carly had sex in their sons' s apartment?!?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yeah, that was exactly my reaction when I turned the channel back on and there's Carly, naked (except for a blanket wrapped around her) on her son's couch. And then Sonny, shirtless - don't know if he was coming from the bathroom or Michael's room.  Just SO gross!!!!

• Love 1

Thank you show for reminding me why Liz grates on my last nerve. This woman has a new love of her life every.freaking.week. It's Lucky, then it's Jason, then Nik, then A.J., then NOT A.J, then Lucky, then Nik, then Jason....stop this circle of death. Please. Just stop. And now it's Jason again because...YOU GET A PLOT POINT! AND YOU GET A PLOT POINT! AND YOU GET A PLOT POINT!

I seriously CAN'T with anything that has to do with Sonny/Carly. I have never, ever, ever, ever liked them. And never, ever, ever, ever will. Ever.

It's funny Patrick and Sam were drinking in their scenes because I need a vodka whenever I see those two interact, especially when they go down memory lane. Their conversation was SO reminiscent of things Robin and Patrick used to say to each other. "I hated you and thought you were a dog!" "I couldn't stand your love for mobsters and you're stubborn!" Sorry, Scrubs did it better.

Patrick makes NO mention of Emma, randomly drops his divorce as a way of flirting, and then says, "Don't worry, I'm not going to kiss you!" And I'm supposed to believe this man CHANGED? Or feel sorry for him? Someone explain to me like I'm Sonny how this man is in some kind of hard place. There are no complexities in this story. He's not struggling. It's gross.

• Love 5

I'm going to go with Sonny took a massive dump. It explains the look on his and Carly's faces when he walked out, belt undone. Which, gross to "We had sex all day in our son's apartment. " Not couch, bed, table..... they defiled the whole place. Then Sonny wrecked the toilet to make sure he messed it up. My God, he's like a dog and a fire hydrant.

Micheal, you need to move. I hear LA is nice. And you have family there.

• Love 6

HeatLifer, the way you feel about Liz is the way I'm feeling about Sam. I saw some definite flirting today for a woman who said she wasn't over her dead husband, and maybe not Silas, either. I will note her accidentally falling asleep on Patrick's shoulder and holding on to him when she had a window seat and could easily have leaned herself against the bulkhead. That doesn't bother me as much though, as her ongoing attitude toward Julian, her father. She has continuously gone to him when he can do something for her, but she talks about him -- and did today -- as if he were gum on the bottom of her shoe. She can't understand her mother's connection with him? Bitch, how about the fact that you're their firstborn child, even if the knowledge came a little late in everyone's lives? And while I'm on a roll, looking down on her mother's penchant for bad boys is a bit of a pot-kettle situation if you ask me. She came to PC as a grifter then screwed a number of the town bad boys before she married one. It wouldn't bother me if the plane had a rapid decompression and she got sucked out of the window before they landed in Amsterdam. 

• Love 6

HeatLifer, the way you feel about Liz is the way I'm feeling about Sam. I saw some definite flirting today for a woman who said she wasn't over her dead husband, and maybe not Silas, either. I will note her accidentally falling asleep on Patrick's shoulder and holding on to him when she had a window seat and could easily have leaned herself against the bulkhead. That doesn't bother me as much though, as her ongoing attitude toward Julian, her father. She has continuously gone to him when he can do something for her, but she talks about him -- and did today -- as if he were gum on the bottom of her shoe. She can't understand her mother's connection with him? Bitch, how about the fact that you're their firstborn child, even if the knowledge came a little late in everyone's lives? And while I'm on a roll, looking down on her mother's penchant for bad boys is a bit of a pot-kettle situation if you ask me. She came to PC as a grifter then screwed a number of the town bad boys before she married one. It wouldn't bother me if the plane had a rapid decompression and she got sucked out of the window before they landed in Amsterdam. 

Can Patty be sucked out of the plane, too?

But, yes, Sam's hypocritical opinions on Alexis/Julian is pretty dumb.

But I will say this about the writing for her. At least she acknowledges and is able to discuss her feelings on Jason, Silas and Patrick, even though her having feelings for three men is just baffling. Patrick's only dialogue is, "I know you said YOU'RE not ready. YOU are having issues moving on right now. I'm ready and willing to take my pants off. Just let me know."

• Love 5

I wanted Monica there when Jason woke up.

Seriously, LC broke my heart during the scenes where Jason "died" in 2012 and when AJ was murdered this year. I went from being "Yay Jason's dead! " to "No, Monica can't lose both her sons!" And my rage at Sonny grew when AJ was killed by that bastard. So, I'm glad for New Jason because Billy Miller, Micheal, and Monica. Monica deserves to have at least one of her sons. Dammit. I really wanted her holding his hand. Not Liz.

• Love 4

Yeah, that was exactly my reaction when I turned the channel back on and there's Carly, naked (except for a blanket wrapped around her) on her son's couch. And then Sonny, shirtless - don't know if he was coming from the bathroom or Michael's room.  Just SO gross!!!!

Ya'll are killing me with the Carson snark. I will point out that ya'll realize that is the same couch and blanket Kiki and Michael just had sex on too. ewww. I mean if Michael can sex up Mrs. Potato Head I don't think Carson is much worse than her. I do wish Michael wasn't out of town, b/c I'd pay to have him bust in his own apartment to find is his parents sexing it up on his couch while his mom is engaged to Franco. I picture him shaking his head and closing the door back. bwhahahaha.

• Love 1

There's absolutely no reason why Monica needed to show up just to prop that raggedy ass stupid ass annoying ass Liz.

Was she there to prop or were Monica and Liz just providing commentary for Jason to conveniently overhear?

• Love 1

LOL that Nathan brings up conflict of interest to Dante about investigating Luke. So obvious he's new to the PCPD. 

LW looks fabulous in black. 

I wish nuJason's monitor had started to beep frantically whenever AJ's name was mentioned.

Carly and Sonny continue to be the grossest people in Port Charles by a mile.

That "Several Hours Later" tag was bizarre. Since when does Ron care about elapsed time? And how many people was Lulu expecting for dinner? 

LOL that Sam and Patrick are arriving in Amsterdam at night. I don't think Ron realizes it's in a different time zone than Port Charles.

• Love 4

I am utterly and completely delighted that Sonny and Carly lived down to my expectations of them... hell, they exceeded them by fucking on their son's couch!

Magnificent!

What's more, the Nutbar Twins know so, hopefully, there will be none of Roger Howarth's trademark Torn Woobie Face as he struggles to trust Carly. Just go whole hog psycho on the Slagbeast, Franco. No reason to hold back. It wasn't like this relationship was written in stardust or anything (no matter how Ron tried.)

I mean, I'm still not watching any of it but this just makes me happy. (Probably helps in being so happy when you don't have to see the grossness.)

• Love 12

I'm really only watching the nuJason storyline, but I'll just pop in to say that I really think that the show, or at least RC, has written Liz with a modicum of restraint. I don't actually know if they're going to have her glom all over Jason again, but she's being written as feeling regretful of her past mistakes and wishing she could atone for those.

She's like one of the few characters on any show who actually pays, over and over again, for her mistakes. And admits that she's made them.

I just really want more decent writing for Sam and Patrick too. I love them, love their spark, and I dread what's going to happen to them down the road.

Carly/Sonny? ROFL!

• Love 6

LOL that Nathan brings up conflict of interest to Dante about investigating Luke. So obvious he's new to the PCPD. 

That "Several Hours Later" tag was bizarre. Since when does Ron care about elapsed time? And how many people was Lulu expecting for dinner? 

when Dante was listing all of Nathan's virtues I half-expected him to tell him he loved him at the end.

That pasta looked so fake and nasty. sometimes it's the little things.

Sex in Michael's apartment is gross, but I do think it is slightly less worse than kissing in Lante's loft while they were missing and possibly dead, even if it was just a kiss.

re: that Lulu/Luke picture . . . I don't know about you, but when I take a picture with a good friend or relative I too just stand there awkwardly with our arms dangling limply at our sides.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I have to say I loved that episode. It might have been one of my favorites even with that douchecannon on.

I thought all the right people were in scenes together and all the acting was well done, even MB didn't suck so bad.

I love Lante and Naxie's friendship couple vibe and their scenes were great and I was so on the edge of my seat when Nathan was waiting(even knowing she'd show up) the end with Maxie and he looking at each other....MEOW, dead!

And for an older couple Franco and Nina were totally adorable and they played those scenes so well. I was smiling to myself when he threw her the phone and they left for lunch. Please for the love of mercy get Nina out of that freakin' chair! She is so much better being herself standing.

And I like Sonny with Carly they just have chemistry and are both terrible people who belong together. I'll echo others LW looked fabulous, even having to wear that hideous necklace.

Now for the negative: Patrick you are indeed still a douchecannon and sorry hoping you've changed doesn't mean you did.....Sam I think you are drunk!

Remind me never to be a Jane Doe unconscience at GH. Could more people be parading around talking and making your room a social hour? And I can kind of swallow anyone not recognizing Jason except his Mother. Sorry, but I can recognize BM so to think that Monica wouldn't recognize her own son at all is hogwash.

Please someone send Liz to the cafeteria, she is in dire need of food.

• Love 4

when Dante was listing all of Nathan's virtues I half-expected him to tell him he loved him at the end.

That pasta looked so fake and nasty. sometimes it's the little things.

Sex in Michael's apartment is gross, but I do think it is slightly less worse than kissing in Lante's loft while they were missing and possibly dead, even if it was just a kiss.

re: that Lulu/Luke picture . . . I don't know about you, but when I take a picture with a good friend or relative I too just stand there awkwardly with our arms dangling limply at our sides.

Between Dante almost bragging about Nathan's virtues to Lulu saying to Maxie what a great guy Nathan is to Maxie being apprehensive about dating him, makes me wonder what RC REALLY has in mind for Nathan's character.   Sonny and Carly are trash!  Once again, countdown to Michael going ham on both of them for AJ's murder.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

Between Dante almost bragging about Nathan's virtues to Lulu saying to Maxie what a great guy Nathan is to Maxie being apprehensive about dating him, makes me wonder what RC REALLY has in mind for Nathan's character. 

If it includes more shirtless scenes I'm in!<thumbs up>

But I was laughing at that waiter. I kept thinking the guy seriously wanted to hit on Nathan and was disappointed at every turn. When Nathan was going to tip him I expected him to say just let me have your number and we'll call it even. wink!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2