Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm sorry. I tried.

All I could come up with is, Worst Episode Ever. Or Worst Vanity Project Ever. 

Either way I think it sucked, they just can't miss an opportunity to trash AJ. And I don't care if it was meant to be all in Sonny's over-inflated self-obsessed head, it just plain sucked. I don't get all the MB/Sonny worship on Twitter.

Maybe I fell asleep and dreamed my own version and everybody else saw a decent show?

• Love 5

I doubt GH is getting any type of significant EMMY recognition this year.  The show is in a steep decline and this episode was just insulting, made zero sense.  Robin dies of AIDS because Scummy can't make the Stone Cates Memorial Wing. 

Only positive: Dominic was good.  I preferred the version of Sam in this but once again I had to be subjected to the non chemistry between Burton and Monaco, just because "JASAM!"  and of course the pimping of fated Carson as well.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Hater said:

and of course the pimping of fated Carson as well.

And yet this whole thing kinda makes Carly look pathetic, that she would have stayed in a loveless marriage all this time just because there was no Sonny.  That's some strong, confident heroine you got there, Show. #eyeroll

Showing her married to Julian would have been more honest to who Carly is, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

Robin dies of AIDS because Scummy can't make the Stone Cates Memorial Wing. 

Because without that memorial wing in ONE hospital in the world, the protocol Robin has been on for 20 years--that millions of people have been on--would've never been invited?  So, essentially, Sonny being a mobster equates to him making HIV a manageable disease worldwide?

Oh, do fuck off, show.

• Love 17

Apparently I'm sitting here at my table for one, because I kind of enjoyed today's show.  I'm not sure I can make sense out of anything on it, but at least it was very different, and it had me actually watching the TV screen, instead of just listening while I play Scrabble on my iPad.  I liked seeing the same old same old in different roles and in different places in life.  Although I got a bit squirmy - and not in a good way - when Ava kissed Jason.  See?  Different!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Apparently I'm sitting here at my table for one, because I kind of enjoyed today's show.  I'm not sure I can make sense out of anything on it, but at least it was very different, and it had me actually watching the TV screen, instead of just listening while I play Scrabble on my iPad.  I liked seeing the same old same old in different roles and in different places in life.  Although I got a bit squirmy - and not in a good way - when Ava kissed Jason.  See?  Different!

That aspect of it was ok but then the show constantly reverts back to its own tricks with the random Jason and Sam just because! Robin dies! All these annoyances that just take away from it actually being a true what if episode.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

That aspect of it was ok but then the show constantly reverts back to its own tricks with the random Jason and Sam just because! Robin dies!

AJ's a fat drunk loser!  Mobsters who are not Sonny are EVUL!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

AJ's a fat drunk loser!  Mobsters who are not Sonny are EVUL.

YES. All of this crap just makes me realize why I freaking hate this show and want it gone.  All these tricks are insulting to viewers.  For whatever reason, this garbage with Carson/Jasam being the best people to ever live is what gets pushed year after year and it's never changing. 

• Love 3

I was glad to catch this episode just to see Dante/ DZ looking fine in a suit.  Is he just back for this one episode?  Did they tape it back before he left? I don't think so because LW's hair is so long,

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

Carson/Jasam being the best people to ever live is what gets pushed year after year and it's never changing. 

It’s sad because if you really get deep about it, we were left with these options because other actors left. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Because without that memorial wing in ONE hospital in the world, the protocol Robin has been on for 20 years--that millions of people have been on--would've never been invited?  So, essentially, Sonny being a mobster equates to him making HIV a manageable disease worldwide?

Oh, do fuck off, show.

I think it was because Robin wouldn't have been able to afford expenses. But as said before, Robin had a ton of people who would have helped her out.

15 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Apparently I'm sitting here at my table for one, because I kind of enjoyed today's show. 

I've only watched the previews, but it really seems it can't be worse than the 75% Oscar verse that was shown.

Couldn't they have given us Anna/Dante in charge of the town at least though?

23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Showing her married to Julian would have been more honest to who Carly is, IMO.

I don't think Julian would go for it.

Wasn't the Mike stuff supposed to be emmy reel material? What's going on there? Have they just decided to keep him around?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Blackie said:

I was glad to catch this episode just to see Dante/ DZ looking fine in a suit.  Is he just back for this one episode?  Did they tape it back before he left? I don't think so because LW's hair is so long,

He was back to tape this about two weeks ago. I think that's it, unless they sneak in a bonus scene somewhere.

Edited by ulkis
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe not Julian specifically, but she would have found a man to put AJ on that meat hook for her.

I don't know about that. I think without Jason in the mob she would have stuck to Tony or managed to get along with AJ. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Wasn't the Mike stuff supposed to be emmy reel material? What's going on there? Have they just decided to keep him around?

I thought it was the Oscar shit and him "dying."  But watch Daisy will magically cure his cancer, a cancer that has zero symptoms!

Edited by Hater
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't know about that. I think without Jason in the mob she would have stuck to Tony or managed to get along with AJ. 

Agreed. Carly wanted money and status.Tony had that. AJ had even more.  Basically Carly is Nelle but smarter and less crazy.

• Love 4

I knew cutting the little runt that is known as Sonny Corinthos some slack would come back and bite me, and it did. I expected remorse over having had to watch some poor girl drunkingly cry herself to sleep for something he did,( that something being cutting her father out of her life forever) and all I got is ego and self justification. It's a mystery why I expected better. I guess her pain is unimportant, because he didn't know her.  

I hope Margaux nails his ass. 

• Love 9

So Carson bonded and Sonny dispensed pearls of wisdom to Carly, who was married to a fat, drunk AJ. 

Jason wore a suit and was shtupping Ava. 

Sam was Victoria Gotti-lite (but I really liked her dress) except she wanted out of the mob. And still gazed longingly into Jason's eyes.

Finola seriously needs to eat about 10 chocolate cakes. She's WAY too thin!

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Hater said:

I doubt GH is getting any type of significant EMMY recognition this year.  The show is in a steep decline and this episode was just insulting, made zero sense.  Robin dies of AIDS because Scummy can't make the Stone Cates Memorial Wing. 

There are only 3 1/2 soaps.  And Days of Our Lives aren't any better.  I don't really watch Y&R or B&B but I have to say, unless they're just not going to do them (which isn't a bad idea), I'd say GH would have to get at least some of the emmys.

7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

There are only 3 1/2 soaps.  And Days of Our Lives aren't any better.  I don't really watch Y&R or B&B but I have to say, unless they're just not going to do them (which isn't a bad idea), I'd say GH would have to get at least some of the emmys.

They did horribly last year. I think it will be worse this year.  They've lost 500,000 viewers from last year and DOOL is now beating them in every single demo.  No one in the "soap press" is talking about any of these stories.

RC over at DAYS is beloved by many in that industry for whatever reason.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So without Sonny's mob money, Robin would be dead.

FUCK YOU, SHOW!

The first of escalating incidents of fuckery. That the daughter of two international dead (at the time) heroes wouldn't be given access to a global clinic. Heck, that her friend Alan Quartermaine wouldn't move heaven and earth to help her. 

And even if that hadn't happened, I refuse to believe Anna would have just herself turn into an indifferent police commissioner after losing Robin.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But as presented here, life with AJ was miserable.  As we saw with Mary Pat, Carly likes having the oomph of someone like Sonny behind her.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm going to make a list of "what if" episodes I would have preferred.

1. Jason had never been in a car accident with AJ.

The already did #1, through different characters' dreams, years back. You'll never believe this, but he was a bitter jerk who would have been much better off with brain damage and with Sonny and Carly in his life!

• Love 1

You could see Maurice trying to remember his lines.

I thought he was horrible in this episode, not like that's much of a difference from any other day. But since it is his episode, you'd think he'd bring it more.

I laughed out loud when Carly walked in and you could hear the GROAN from Julian.  Good one for Wdv there.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I'm wanking that TB!Carly would have left fat AJ for Professor Lorenzo.

I would have liked hearing that Michael went by his middle name, as AJQ3.

I didn't hate this episode as much as I thought, but I thought Cop!Sonny would have risen above Sergeant, to Detective, just out of Sonnyness. I could see him becoming the Most Powerful Police Commissioner on the Eastern Seaboard.

On the plus side, we get Britt married to Patrick and mother to her own Ben.

Oh, we can tell this is a Sonnycentric Sonnyverse, because there's no mention of Jax, who would have taken over ELQ and bed Carly, adopting Michael in the process. We still get Joss.

I still think a lawful Sonny would have become SuperCop!Sonny, the envy of Agatha Christie detectives and sleuths.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 2

If Sonny is remembering or imagining all of this, why did Carly look like she looked on last Friday’s show? Her hair was just as awful and her wrinkles the same. I watched today’s show just to see how amateurish it would be and I wasn’t disappointed. What a load of crap. What, exactly, was the point of today’s show? Does anyone know? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Didn't Stone get AIDS from one of the hookers who worked for Sonny?

No. He got it from a needle.

13 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Oh, we can tell this is a Sonnycentric Sonnyverse, because there's no mention of Jax, who would have taken over ELQ and bed Carly, adopting Michael in the process. We still get Joss.

Gotta disagree with you man. AlternaJax would never have gone near Carly. Any Jax probably would not have gone near Carly.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

If Sonny is remembering or imagining all of this, why did Carly look like she looked on last Friday’s show? Her hair was just as awful and her wrinkles the same. I watched today’s show just to see how amateurish it would be and I wasn’t disappointed. What a load of crap. What, exactly, was the point of today’s show? Does anyone know? 

Like others have said an ego stroking party for Maurice.  Just remember this will always happen no matter what:

FAT AJ! 

DEAD ROBIN! 

Jason and Sam staring contest.

Carly hates her life with boring FAT AJ!

Evil Jeromes!

Non mobsters wear plaid and puffer jackets.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

What, exactly, was the point of today’s show?

We never see enough of Sonny and his ilk?

Mo's celebrating his 25th anniversary on the show, so they gave him his own episode to kiss his butt.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

In Sonny's fantasy, Jason dresses in a suit and is shtooping Ava. I wonder if Steve was afraid of the cooties.

Ava looked less repulsed than Sam does on most days being in his presence. Just saying.

• Love 1

I am watching today's episode and I needed somewhere to talk about Finola.  I now have to look away when she is on screen with an unbuttoned top because she looks like a damned skeleton and it makes me cringe inside and out.  If she can't eat something they need to keep her in turtlenecks.  I don't want to see someone who looks like a Yemen starvation victim.   And that is what she looks like, period.  The idea of her as a love interest is ludicrous to me.  Force feed this woman or get her off my television please. 

• Love 5

Y’all have left out one key change in the alternate universe - poor Jason was not allowed to have a motorcycle. Now Sonny, he’s a GOOD mobster, and he’s totally cool with Jason having a motorcycle. Thank God he killed that dude and spared Jason all of that pain.

My goodness, what a ridiculous episode.

• Love 7

Sam Kardashian.  KeMo sparkled with Dante, though.  Maybe Sam was happy she had no kids to unload on other people every 5 minutes, so she could go do her own thing.

Why was Olivia wearing a bumpit in her hair? 

7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sam Kardashian.  KeMo sparkled with Dante, though.  Maybe Sam was happy she had no kids to unload on other people every 5 minutes, so she could go do her own thing.

Why was Olivia wearing a bumpit in her hair? 

I think it has more to do with getting away from Jason. The difference in the Dante scene versus the Jason scene...welp.