Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I had to laugh when Robin told her dad he looked terrible, because I was thinking, Looking mighty foine, RF!S!

Kudos (seriously) to Makeup for giving Valentin a red mouth to show Robert's punch. Details like that aren't always taken.

I wish they hadn't had Spin look at Jason for confirmation that they were looking for proof that Peter is Heinrich. It made it look as if the only way he'd believe Sam is if the Almight Jason agreed. Ugh. This is the sort of unintentional (I'll be generous) misogyny the show needs to stamp out.

And this: "Why wouldn't [Anna] want your protection?" BECAUSE SHE'S ANNA FUCKING! DEVANE, that's why. GAH. (Too bad Jason has to be there.)

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Nice of the show to play for a full band for his song, to highlight the difference between what's in his head and what's real.

That was legit great. It proves the show can be really good if it wants to.

Nice to see Maxie didn't give birth through a pair of pantyhose. I did enjoy Dr. Peter August, OB-GYN, taking charge. As eye-rolling as it was, it was miles better than having him be grossed out and/or totally helpless. (The jelly smeared across the baby's forehead was UCG.)

22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

What was Ava's performance about exactly?

She sang—or rather, Autotune or some other kind of software sang—"You Don't Own Me." It was on the nose, to say the least. Hilariously, Lauren made it into the room in time for it. Griffin made frowny faces during it. 

During the final number, there were as many people onstage as in the audience.

• Love 2

As I’ve mentioned many times (and I’m sure you’re all sick of hearing it), I missed many years of this show. However, I do remember the Nurse’s Ball as being a huge event with lots of tables and lots of guests with really good acts. This year was just laughable. So few people, so few “acts” (all of which were prerecorded), so few actual singers. The only thing worth watching was Sonny getting up to help his dad out with that song. I don’t care what else Sonny has done, he was a class act with his dad. As someone who’s lived with a mom who had Alzheimers for many years before she died, I’d have done the same thing for my mother if I’d had the chance. And for Jackie Zeman. She was a half beat behind everyone else. I noticed that she had to look at the person next to her to figure out what to do next. I noticed that because that’s what my grandson does when they have programs at his elementary school. He has zero interest in music, singing, dancing or their programs. It makes us laugh every time but we’re always there to support that sweet boy.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

As I’ve mentioned many times (and I’m sure you’re all sick of hearing it), I missed many years of this show. However, I do remember the Nurse’s Ball as being a huge event with lots of tables and lots of guests with really good acts. This year was just laughable. So few people, so few “acts” (all of which were prerecorded), so few actual singers. The only thing worth watching was Sonny getting up to help his dad out with that song. I don’t care what else Sonny has done, he was a class act with his dad. As someone who’s lived with a mom who had Alzheimers for many years before she died, I’d have done the same thing for my mother if I’d had the chance. And for Jackie Zeman. She was a half beat behind everyone else. I noticed that she had to look at the person next to her to figure out what to do next. I noticed that because that’s what my grandson does when they have programs at his elementary school. He has zero interest in music, singing, dancing or their programs. It makes us laugh every time but we’re always there to support that sweet boy.

I think the acts are always pre-recorded.  Most TV shows and movies pre-record anything like that, the notable exception being Les Miserables where they sang live.  

I actually haven't watched it yet this year.  I'll try to remember to do so this weekend before I completely forget.  But, if Bobbie was behind, that makes it more realistic to me.  Not like most of the characters are professional enteretainers.

(edited)

Random question time: Who's on your GH kill list? AKA, Characters you want killed off the show:

Here's mine, though I'm sure I'll think of more later: Elizabeth, Sonny, Carly, Anna, Nelle, Robert, Ava, Valentin, Julian, Lucy, sometimes Jordan, creepy doctor dude, Monica, Olivia, Brad because he's suddenly Nelle's BFF.

Edited by Laina

You guys...I thinking more about today and I'm starting to wonder if there isn't going to be Baby Swap 2018 after all, or at least Maxie won't be part of it.  I mean, she knows her baby's a boy, she's gotten multiple good looks at him, I'm not sure how he could be passed of as Baby (who?) or Nelle's at this point.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Jenxee said:

My kill list:

Sonny

Carly

Jason

Michael

Olivia

Oscar

Lucas

Lucy

May add to this list, currently drawing a blank 

Franco. Did I say Franco? And, oh yeah, Franco.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Franco. Did I say Franco? And, oh yeah, Franco.

I thought about adding Franco, not because I hate the character but because he’s kinda run his course.  But he has family ties (Scotty, Heather) and I’d hate to see Elizabeth go thru another breakup or in this case become a widow.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jenxee said:

I thought about adding Franco, not because I hate the character but because he’s kinda run his course.  But he has family ties (Scotty, Heather) and I’d hate to see Elizabeth go thru another breakup or in this case become a widow.

The best thing that can happen to Liz is to wake up and realize that she can do much better than Franco. Even being alone is better than Franco.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Jenxee said:

Eh, Liz has survived a lot. She can survive this. As for Scotty, etc., he has barely had a lot of time to get attached to the rotten fruit of his loins. In other words, Franco can still go anytime now!  :-P

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You guys...I thinking more about today and I'm starting to wonder if there isn't going to be Baby Swap 2018 after all, or at least Maxie won't be part of it.  I mean, she knows her baby's a boy, she's gotten multiple good looks at him, I'm not sure how he could be passed of as Baby (who?) or Nelle's at this point.

If there's no swap, why have two women pregnant at the same time? Especially since the actors aren't pregnant IRL, so it's not like they had to write it in. They're written Maxie as a little woozy (as we also see tomorrow), so there's still time for the switcheroo.

• Love 1

Damn, I forgot to add Franco to my kill list. Oh yeah, and Roadkill, too. I guess I simply ignore those characters so much, I forgot they were still on the show. As for Liz, I don't care one iota how much she's been through, she's still a horrible character, and I wish Roadkill had gone full evil and taken out Mommy Dearest.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She sang—or rather, Autotune or some other kind of software sang—"You Don't Own Me." It was on the nose, to say the least. Hilariously, Lauren made it into the room in time for it. Griffin made frowny faces during it. 

I love the song Ava sang and IDGAF that Sonny/Lucy/Bobbie/Griffin had a problem with it--especially because the first three have plenty of skeletons in their closets (to say the least).  And Griffin is a self-righteous ass, so he can sit down, too.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

If there's no swap, why have two women pregnant at the same time? Especially since the actors aren't pregnant IRL, so it's not like they had to write it in. They're written Maxie as a little woozy (as we also see tomorrow), so there's still time for the switcheroo.

Yeah, I mean, there's still time for it to happen, given we know Nelle is in the hospital as well.  Today's events just made it a little less likely, IMO.  And that would be weird, but typical, of this show to set up something soapy and completely bungle it, i.e. Nelle's original story, the earthquake, etc.

• Love 3

Baby switch? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN.

Dear soap writers: PLEASE, I BEG YOU, think of something NEW! ABC has done baby swaps to DEATH (literally, of two soaps).

K? ThxBye.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They're written Maxie as a little woozy (as we also see tomorrow), so there's still time for the switcheroo.

But Kim has also seen the baby and she's not woozy.  If they were going to swap babies, shouldn't they have done it before the babies got footprinted at the hospital?

• Love 4

There is also a webcam on the baby who is currently staying in the NICU. I think it would be harder to switch babies especially as it should already be fingerprinted and have the hospital bracelet on that matches Maxie.

I think it is more likely for Nelle to fake a miscarriage and dumped the baby with Lucas and Brad. Her main concern is to get Michael to bond with her completely that he won't leave her. Dead baby, shared grief, plus makes Carly suffer. Live baby and Michael might just treat her as his babymama and nothing else.

• Love 1
(edited)

I know it makes no sense but I want Nelle to have pillow pregnancy. It's an oldie but goodie soap plotline.

Max Gail should win all the awards. I was grinning and then I cried. And most incredibly I was touched by Sonny's response. I really wish we could keep Max Gail.

My list of unwanted characters: CarSon, Jason, Spinelli, Olivia, Lucy, Franco (Roger could come back as a better character), Valentin, Bobbie, Joss, LuLu, Nelle. They don't have to have funerals or any kind of grieving. Just go away.

Folks I'd enjoy seeing more often: RF!S, The Exceptionally Attractive Curtis Ashford, Drew, Deanna, Epiphany, Kim (as long as she doesn't get stupid over Drew), Dante, Lucas, Chase, Finn w/Anna minus Son of Faison. 

I forgot to mention how great Ava looked in her white ensemble.

Edited by paisley
I hate Nelle.
  • Love 3

After watching Ava suck down all those martinis due to nerves, and then see Griffin hugging a half dressed Kiki, I was sure she was going to have a meltdown during her performance.  But she was awesome.  Why did Griffin have the big frowny face?  He wanted her to sing something more what, conciliatory?  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, bannana said:

After watching Ava suck down all those martinis due to nerves, and then see Griffin hugging a half dressed Kiki, I was sure she was going to have a meltdown during her performance.  But she was awesome.  Why did Griffin have the big frowny face?  He wanted her to sing something more what, conciliatory?  

Maybe he hates autotune.

• Love 5
(edited)

If there is a baby switch wouldn’t Nelle have to leave the hospital to “not” have it? If there is a switch I don’t understand it. If Nelle’s baby dies and she takes Maxie’s where does Maxie get one? Kim has seen it and knows it’s a boy. I’m so confused by a potential baby switch that hasn’t even happened and is just a rumor. LOL!!!! 

Edited by ByaNose
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, Asp Burger said:

Becky Herbst has said she doesn't like performing for the Nurses' Ball. She was in some of them in her first few years. The Liz/Emily/Juan "Footloose" number, with Juan as a diner cook and Liz and Emily as nerdy waitresses who become sexy, was probably Juan's best scene in however long he was on, and the girls did well with it too. There was also one with her, original Lucky, Taggart, and Dara, to "Jailhouse Rock." But she's asked not to be included in more recent years. This year they wrote Liz's begging off (and Lucy's uncharacteristic backing down) into the script.   

Wasn't Elizabeth one of the hookers in the "Hey Big Spender" number?

Personally, I've never liked the Nurses' Ball, but that may be because they used to end in a standing ovation to Robin.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, dubbel zout said:

When she wasn't in a featured act, she was in the opening act. I think BH has paid her dues.

Did Sonny really need to be written into the Alexis/Finn stuff? I know that was to show us that Mike is addled, but COME ON.

Why were Olivia and Ned dressed like '60s singers? That Elvis Costello song is new wave. And LOL at Finn's smile during their number when he was just seen running after Alexis, then we see him running after her again. Oh, Show.

Color me slightly surprised Sam and Jason's annoying theme music wasn't playing during their scenes.

The Olay ad wasn't bad, though I'm not sure anything can be worse than the Prego ad poor NLG and CH had to do.

At first I thought Stella was trying to set up Deanna and Felix. Then it sounded like she was setting up Felix and Mike.

It cracked me up when Peter asked if Maxie were sure her water broke. I'm surprised he wasn't splashed by it.

Best scene of the show in a very long time.

The worst I've ever seen was back on OLTL.  It was when they first started doing these, and Vicki and Natalie talked about feeding Campbell's Heart Smart Soup to a baby. 

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I love the song Ava sang and IDGAF that Sonny/Lucy/Bobbie/Griffin had a problem with it--especially because the first three have plenty of skeletons in their closets (to say the least).  And Griffin is a self-righteous ass, so he can sit down, too.

Yeah, I get Sonny having a problem, cause he just hates her and wants her dead.  Bobbie is jealous, as is Lucy. What is Griffin's problem?  It is a feminist anthem.  Griffin needs to get step off if he cannot handle it.

All the Sonny love is making me ill.  So he got up on stage and helped his ailing father.  I guess I just cannot stomach the man.  He is despicable.  And Stella is fine hanging with him but cannot abide her police Commissioner future niece in law. 

• Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m so confused by a potential baby switch that hasn’t even happened and is just a rumor. LOL!!!! 

I agree.  As it's playing out now, it's hard to understand how they would make it work.

I personally think it won't be a switch but a kidnapping.  Maxie has the tablet so she can watch him and I think she'll see him being taken, but not by who.  Then LUcas (who?) and Brad's surogate will have her baby and lo and behold it will be a boy that's a little wooden bu who loves Cartulo shoes

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1

Sonny and Carly are complete assholes, and the only reason they refuse to kill them is because they're long time characters. I have nothing against MB or LW, I just honest to God, hate their characters and always have since I started watching in 2005.

GH buried the Quartermaines in favor of the Corinthos.  It will be joyful to those of us who were watching way back before even Tracy came aboard to watch the demise of this violent thug's kingdom.  I would enjoy watching Drew/Liz start the next soap family centerpiece.  Hopefully, the role of Oscar will either be played by another actor or Oscar will not end up being Drew's child.  So - hats off to FV for letting a character like Drew develop into an anti-Sonny (but the hat comes back for the resurrection of the JV team of felons d/b/a Jason/Sam/Spinelli).  It was nice to see that the first scene after MB's solid performance in a solid acting scene (one in a hundred) focused on Drew congratulating Sonny for doing a kind deed.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I agree.  As it's playing out now, it's hard to understand how they would make it work.

I personally think it won't be a switch but a kidnapping.  Maxie has the tablet so she can watch him and I think she'll see him being taken, but not by who.  Then LUcas (who?) and Brad's surogate will have her baby and lo and behold it will be a boy that's a little wooden bu who loves Cartulo shoes

This I could see playing out more then a baby switch. I know there has been some scuttlebutt that Kim would be involved somehow. I know Michael Fairman even said it to Tamara Braun at the Emmy's. I don't see why Kim would even need or want to do this. I could see Nelle being involved somewhat but she hasn't even had her baby.....yet. I could see the mystery person stealing the baby and giving the baby to Lucas/Brad. That said, they barely show Lucas/Brad (let alone together) for me to even care about a baby switch involving them. No wonder GH has fallen to 4th place.

(edited)

Robert looked SCRUMPTIOUS.❤️?❤️?❤️

I got a “Love” and “baby” from him to Robin.

Sigh...

Even if both scenes were less than a minute, I was happy. And again I wish Sri Rao would return and do a weekly series about the Scorpios. I REALLY NEED this show to pull Anna FUCKING! Devane our if this horrid and lameaastastic story. I miss my KICKASS Anna. The one who dropped from a helo to kick Pod!Robert’s ass; the one who hunted and brought that serial killer to justice.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
(edited)

Oh, shut up, Lucy, apologizing for arguably the best number in this stupid thing, to Sonny.  It's never mattered before who in town is feuding; everyone else has to be a good sport while someone he/she hates is hamming it up and getting applause, but Sonny is so damned special that he merits an apology.  

Also, how could Ava do a number that is not what they rehearsed? We're supposed to believe that as obsessive-compulsive as Lucy is shown to be about this event, one of the featured performers and all of the musicians and dancers could go their own way behind her back? And what was the number they rehearsed, that Sonny presumably was going to find more acceptable to sit through? "Apology (I'm Sorry)" by the Go-Go's? "Fixin' to Die" by Bob Dylan? "Sex (I'm A Slut)" by Berlin? 

Anyway, all that matters is that Maura West's glorious hair has emerged phoenix-like from a bad spell that lasted almost as long as she had to wear the scarring makeup. She'd never looked better. 

Was that short duet with Max Gail the first time Maurice ever (sort of) performed in a Nurses' Ball number that made it to the air? I know he shot the "Steppin' Out (With My Baby)" number with Lisa Vultaggio for the '99 one,, in which he sang and tapdanced, but he got them to remove it.  (I'm kidding. I'd love to start an urban legend, but I don't have the heart.) 

This Kim role has given me a new respect for Tamara Braun's acting ability. As I've said before, I couldn't stand her version of Carly, and not having watched her on the other soaps she's done since 2005, I never credited her with a very wide range. But I like Kim, and there's not even a trace of the TB Carly in the character. As good as I think Sarah Brown is, her Claudia did remind me a lot of her Carly. Of course, the characters were closer in temperament, but still. Kim isn't even the "softer" moments of the TB Carly.  

I thought Drew's brief scene, even though it was more gratuitous Sonny service, was pretty good.  

It's a shame that the cut of Sam's dress is so bad, because the color is very flattering.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Oh, shut up, Lucy, apologizing for arguably the best number in this stupid thing, to Sonny.  It's never mattered before who in town is feuding; everyone else has to be a good sport while someone he/she hates is hamming it up and getting applause, but Sonny is so damned special that he merits an apology.  

Also, how could Ava do a number that is not what they rehearsed? We're supposed to believe that as obsessive-compulsive as Lucy is shown to be about this event, one of the featured performers and all of the musicians and dancers could go their own way behind her back? And what was the number they rehearsed, that Sonny presumably was going to find more acceptable to sit through? "Apology (I'm Sorry)" by the Go-Go's? "Fixin' to Die" by Bob Dylan? "Sex (I'm A Slut)" by Berlin? 

Anyway, all that matters is that Maura West's glorious hair has emerged phoenix-like from a bad spell that lasted almost as long as she had to wear the scarring makeup. She'd never looked better. 

Was that short duet with Max Gail the first time Maurice ever (sort of) performed in a Nurses' Ball number that made it to the air? I know he shot the "Steppin' Out (With My Baby)" number with Lisa Vultaggio for the '99 one,, in which he sang and tapdanced, but he got them to remove it.  (I'm kidding. I'd love to start an urban legend, but I don't have the heart.) 

This Kim role has given me a new respect for Tamara Braun's acting ability. As I've said before, I couldn't stand her version of Carly, and not having watched her on the other soaps she's done since 2005, I never credited her with a very wide range. But I like Kim, and there's not even a trace of the TB Carly in the character. As good as I think Sarah Brown is, her Claudia did remind me a lot of her Carly. Of course, the characters were closer in temperament, but still. Kim isn't even the "softer" moments of the TB Carly.  

I thought Drew's brief scene, even though it was more gratuitous Sonny service, was pretty good.  

It's a shame that the cut of Sam's dress is so bad, because the color is very flattering.  

Maura West can sing. Who knew? That was a great song (very meta) and, she sang it with such power and gusto. I can't agree more about Sam's Miss Kitty dress. I can't believe that the wardrobe department thought that the dress would fly in 2018. Maybe, the 80's or 90's but not today. It was more a custome (A skit from the Carol Burnett Show) then a dress. Very odd.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I personally think it won't be a switch but a kidnapping.  Maxie has the tablet so she can watch him and I think she'll see him being taken, but not by who.  Then LUcas (who?) and Brad's surogate will have her baby and lo and behold it will be a boy that's a little wooden bu who loves Cartulo shoes

But wouldn't the story then immediately be over?  Because Maxie, LUCAS' COUSIN, or Kim, Lucas and Brad's colleague, would see Baby Tony* and immediately clock him as being Maxie's.

Let's put it this way.  If the show doesn't do a baby swap, while the show will probably think they were being all clever, that would actually irritate me more, because it would mean a lot of what we'd been seeing was just pointless red herrings.

* I really want Lucas and Brad to have a boy they name Tony.  Take that, Jules!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LillyB said:

I have to restrain myself from saying anything nasty about Sonny because he was so good to Mike.

Let's just say I was a better sport reacting to Sonny with Mike than Sonny et.al. reacting to Ava.

I will say that the first part of Mike's performance had a "Frank N. Furter/I'm Coming Home/Rocky Horror" vibe, and, in a less serious manner, I expected the illusion to end with the Jerome Siblings dressed up as Riff and Magenta.

15 hours ago, Perkie said:
16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

What was Ava's performance about exactly? I missed it.

She sang "You don't own me".  It was sort of an FU to Sonny.

More like a FU to Griffin, after she saw him embrace Kiki.

At least we were spared Carly's reaction to Ava's performance: "You MONSTER! Morgan loved Lesley Gore Songs!!!"

Why do I have the feeling we're going to have this scene today with Kiki and Dr. Letch:

D: Well, Jerome, it's 7 O' Clock. Where are those patient files I asked for?

K: I... I... Didn't you say last night that I could go to the Nurses' Ball and not to worry?

D: Are you trying to shift responsibility to me, your superior, who wanted to shove my tongue down your throat after seeing you in your underwear and I don't care that I'm saying this in my outside voice instead of thinking that because I'm so skeevy even Harvey Weinstein winces? That is totally unprofessional and you have no business being in the medical field!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

At least we were spared Carly's reaction to Ava's performance: "You MONSTER! Morgan loved Lesley Gore Songs!!!"

If Carly had been in the room, Ava should have sung that song the Chipettes sing to that sad penguin in that Chipmunks movie.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I agree. She looked great. Her hair color is also back to good, instead of that weird red she had going on for a while.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I watched that thinking Huh? the whole time. I don't know why Drew had to prop Sonny there. The rest of the room was slobbering over it.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Let's put it this way.  If the show doesn't do a baby swap, while the show will probably think they were being all clever, that would actually irritate me more, because it would mean a lot of what we'd been seeing was just pointless red herrings.

Frank does get pissy when he thinks the audience has figured a story out before it's shown, so I wouldn't be surprised if all of this fizzles out to nothing. He can be such a baby about this kind of thing. The show takes so few creative chances it's not hard to anticipate plots.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Frank does get pissy when he thinks the audience has figured a story out before it's shown, so I wouldn't be surprised if all of this fizzles out to nothing. He can be such a baby about this kind of thing. The show takes so few creative chances it's not hard to anticipate plots.

Didn't Carlivati also change who Julian was working for from Bill Eckert (who we all guessed it was), to Luke, who suddenly had DID? Because it was so obvious? It's so petty.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I had thought that was more of a Ron thing - i.e. Tony Geary revealing that Ron changed the end of the Fluke story because too many people guessed Bill Eckert.  I do think Frank is afraid of shaking up anything - the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity, any of the couples people stan on Twitter, etc.

• Love 2
(edited)

I surely didn't expect to, because Sonny, but I sobbed through Mike's rendition of Summer Wind, and even continued to do so after the moobster stepped up and helped his dad. That was a great episode all around! (It would have been nice to have Robin speak at the end of the Ball, though.)

Edited by TheMediaHo
  • Love 2
(edited)

The writing for Anna today was embarrassing. When Jason Morgan is more reasonable than you, there's a problem. Anna is willing to risk not only her life but Robin's life and Emma's life so Jason won't kill Peter/Heinrich?

On the other hand, it was mildly disconcerting how I liked Nina's scenes with Lulu today. Nina brought Charlotte to Lulu's and referred to Lulu as Charlotte's mother, without making faces, and she/Lulu had a nice talk when they talked about Valentin and his role in the Peter/Heinrich situation. But I had to laugh when Nina reported to Lulu that Valentin had been arrested like it was brand new information. She knows, Nina. She was there yesterday when it happened.

Maxie better not name her son after Peter!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

Oh Show, nobody is on LWB/FS's side or feeling his pain when he calls Anna Devane a bitch.  Everything about this reveal was horrible.

Also horrible?  Griffin.  SHUT UP FOREVER!

• Love 17

What a thoroughly unpleasant episode.  Jason acts like God around Anna, Anna is crying (I so much wanted her to shoot Jason) and someone needs to kill Spinelli right now.  He's hacking into the hospital data base to get info on Maxie, and then he's keeping Sam from going down to the pier because she's a weak wimminz. At least Finn contacted Robert even if he did go down to the pier.

The writing for both Anna and Peter was awful.

Griffin is now insufferable. Ava was mean to poor Sonny. What a bitch she is. And then Ava goes back to apologize. (I was hoping the show would cut to Griffin slicing his wrists in the bath tub but no, he's gone down to Kiki. How did he know she'd be there since "the ball has been over for hours" according to what Kiki told Michael.

At least Kiki talked to Michael. There's that.

Now that the Nurses' Ball is over, will we ever find out why the llama?  Are Alexis and Julian still sitting at the bar? Where did Robin go with Emma since Anna is at the pier?  Or Liz and Franco?  Or Drew?

• Love 10

No spoilers, but I have to assume Griffin and Kiki are going to drunkenly hook up, yes?  Can't wait to see how Father Hypocrite talks his way out of that one.  "Sure, I slept with your daughter, but we had broken up six seconds ago and I'm a GOOD MAN, Ava."

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And then Ava goes back to apologize.

Ugh. Why do they make Ava such a doormat? It's a pattern now, where Griffin huffs at Ava's lack of decency and she has to crawl back to him and apologize. This is not entertaining to watch.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

No spoilers, but I have to assume Griffin and Kiki are going to drunkenly hook up, yes?  Can't wait to see how Father Hypocrite talks his way out of that one.  "Sure, I slept with your daughter, but we had broken up six seconds ago and I'm a GOOD MAN, Ava."

It might not even be a drunken hookup. (I haven't seen today's ep yet.) But it will happen. I'm sure Ava will walk in on it, too, just to drive the knife in deeper. And the cherry on top (to add another metaphor) will be Lauren making some sort of bad-mother dig at Ava.

Again, this is not entertaining to watch.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Legit will laugh forever if the phrase "sins of the flesh" is invoked.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, Valentin is ALREADY free?  The way that was handled with him and Robert was so bizarre.

Did Nina connect the dots yet on why Valentin suddenly want to take that vacation with her and Charlotte, or is he going to skate on that, too?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because Maxie, LUCAS' COUSIN, or Kim, Lucas and Brad's colleague, would see Baby Tony* and immediately clock him as being Maxie's.

Would they though?  Lucas (who?) and Brad live in off screen land, so no one would ever see their baby.  

New theory after today's episode (and this is all speculation since I'm mostly spoiler free).  Robert dragged Peter/Henrik away to extradite to Steinmauer and I thought how unfortunate that we won't get Maxie's reaction to finding out Peter was really Henrik.  I wanted to see her go OFF on him.  But now Im thinking Henrik will escape Robert's clutches and kidnap Maxie's baby in order to get himself a better deal.