Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, paisley said:

Wow. Saw a close up of Kim's dress today. Seriously, where on Earth did these gowns come from? Do the actresses get some kind of hazard pay for wearing them? Is it an acting challenge/exercise to wear atrocities while attempting to emote? I felt real embarrassment for some of these people.

Did you mean Kim McCullough or the Kim character played by Tamara Braun?  The former will always be my cutie-pie sweetie, but damn, that gown did her no favors.  None at all.  Conversely, Kelly Monaco's dress definitely played to her, ah, strengths.  On a shallow note, me likey.  A whole lot.  ;-)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know if JS wasn't a Frank hire either though. 

As to your first question, good point. I don't know.

Aw, Chase was so excited to perform with Dante. He should have punched Dante in the face lol before shaking his hand, even though it was cute when evil Dante stood up and clapped for him.

Curtis can even pull off a glittery suit.

Curtis is so underutilized in this show.  I like that they seem to be using him more lately.  Now let's get him to buddy up with Chase, as well as Drew, and the three of them can take over for the unholy trinity of Sonny, Jason, and Carly as the important people on this show.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, Winston beat me to it. I'm having trouble telling the Kims apart too, as of Thursday's show, which had both actress Kimberly and character Dr. Kim. I didn't think Tamara Braun's dress was terrible, by the standards set the previous day.  

I'm watching Thursday's show right now. This autotuned-into-submission Chase musical number is pretty embarrassing, However, how did he not know he was going to be performing "on [his] own"? The concept is dumb, but it's obviously something that had at least one rehearsal. Wasn't his first clue when he showed up and there weren't any other cops prancing around in trenchcoats? 

Wow. Out of all the lines in "Everyday People," the one they picked for Risa Dorken to sing solo was the one about "living with a fat one / trying to be a skinny one." Class-ay.  

ETA: Okay, while I didn't like the Chase number, I did like the scene with Dante afterward. They're cute together.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

ETA: Okay, while I didn't like the Chase number, I did like the scene with Dante afterward. They're cute together.  

I hated the whole setup, but at least they had Dante admit the joke was ultimately on him.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

WTF was Sam wearing on her feet? As if that’s dress isn’t bad enough she’s wore beige platform heels with it???????

I know!  If ever a dress called for red shoes, or even black shoes.... but beige?  That was such a stupid mistake. It's not like Sam doesn't have black high heeled shoes.  Or even boots, fitting in with the Olde West motif.

• Love 1
(edited)

McCullough gave birth to her son, Otis, on June 7, 2017 almost a year ago, but at this Nurses' Ball she looked either far along in a pregnancy or like she had just delivered but her figure had not returned yet. Did she have another baby after Otis? She is 40 I believe but women today can still have babies into their forties.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
8 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

McCullough gave birth to her son, Otis, on June 7, 2017 almost a year ago, but at this Nurses' Ball she looked either far along in a pregnancy or like she had just delivered but her figure had not returned yet. Did she have another baby after Otis? She is 40 I believe but women today can still have babies into their forties.

Yes, I've heard something about this strange phenomenon.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But would FS have been shoved down our throats like this if he wasn't played by LWB?

ETA...also, funny how the audience seems to be responding to the guy the casting department found and not the guy Frank found in the parking lot.

I think for those who didn’t have an instant hate on for Peter on sight because of how he was cast and who he’s dating, Peter’s initial introduction was just fine. For the first couple months I think he was barely on.

And, I think yes, no matter who played him he would be “shoved down our throats” because of who the character is. He’s Faison and Anna’s son. He played a big role in the almighty Jason’s disappearance and return. I think to pretend that he wouldn’t have had a big role no matter who was playing him is just being blinded by unfair hatred of the actor.

Also, on your second point, I’m not sure what you’re basing the idea that the audience at large has taken more to Chase than Peter. If it’s just based on this forum that’s not really a good barometer since this board probably only represents 5-10% of the entire GH audience. Even if it is just based on this forum, while more people seem to like Chase there are more than a few people who like Peter and some of his relationships with other characters. Also it’s a lot easier for some to like Chase more because he is on less. I think a lot of people tend to get sick of, or dislike, those they feel are being shoved down their throats. I guarantee if Chase were on more he’d be getting more hate than he is. But Chase would not be getting the same airtime as Peter because of their different roles. Peter is connected to legacy characters and so far Chase’s only real connection is to Finn. Plus, he’s a cop who don’t always get a lot of respect on this show.

I think other than some people on message boards, the audience in general doesn’t give a fig about how someone was cast. There has been plenty of hate for people who have been cast in more traditional ways.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

She hasn't lost all her baby weight, but she doesn't look "far along in a pregnancy."  Maybe being a size 2 isn't high on her priority list.

• Love 13

I don't hate Wes Ramsey, but I don't really care anymore. I thought it was gonna be more of a quad with Dante and Lulu and it turned out to be mostly Maxie and Peter and Maxie talking about how Peter reminds her of Nathan even though we've been told a bunch of times that Nathan is nothing like Faison, their mutual connection. Perhaps they're both like great-grandma Faison and she was just a lovely woman.

• Love 4

Winston Wolfe, I was referring to Kim the character in my post. I didn't like Robin's dress either but everyone had already covered that and Sam's Gunsmoke barmaid dress pretty well. Sorry for the confusion.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, paisley said:

Sam's Gunsmoke barmaid dress

Great description. Until I saw the shoes, I thought she was dressed to dance a Paso Doble (sp?) lol!

Picking out nice things to say:

Nancy Lee Grahn and all the actresses look great at the party, with the sole exception of the ear tassels.

The commercial for the Oil of Olay wasn't as annoying as it could have been

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

Picking out nice things to say:

Nancy Lee Grahn and all the actresses look great at the party, with the sole exception of the ear tassels.

Yeah, those tassel earrings are super cheap-looking.   Do they spend the entire budget on Lynn Herring's looks, because hers at least look of a better quality.

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved Robert punching Valentin in the face. Can he please stay in Port Charles and just go around town punching Valentin every day? Once for Laura, once for Nikolas, once for Lulu, once for Charlotte, once for Dante and Rocco, once for Anna, once for Robin, even once for Nina if he is feeling charitable. It can go on and on!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 11

It's begun, ya'll!  Maxie went into labor...somewhere that's not the hospital...it's way too soon...and somebody who shouldn't be (LWB/FS) is gonna have to deliver that baby.

Robert, swoon!

• Love 3

Is it way too soon for Maxie to go into labor? Just yesterday Kim was telling her that in the third trimester babies could be very active. And I don't remember if we ever heard a due date for the baby, though admittedly I zone out on a regular basis while watching.

• Love 4
On 5/9/2018 at 3:41 PM, Linny said:

Place your bets now for one or more of the moms going into labor during the Nurses' Ball.

Quoting myself here, because NAILED IT. 

I'm tired of these weird moments where Kim goes doe-eyed at Drew, because he gives nothing in return and it makes Kim look kind of pathetic. I also hated her asking Julian if he was going after Alexis, as if he has any right to comfort her or Alexis would even welcome him doing so.

Robert motherfucking Scorpio just brought down the house with that punch. God, when this show wants to it can really get the job done and DELIVER. What an outstanding moment.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

To be fair Peter wanted to take her to the hospital but maxi e  dumb ass wanted him to pull over lol

Trying to even remember the last baby born at the hospital and I think it might've been Aiden/Alister/Artisanal Spencer.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Trying to even remember the last baby born at the hospital and I think it might've been Aiden/Alister/Artisanal Spencer.

Even though it was offer screen Noah probably was wasn't Georgia because maxi e went into a coma or something?

Edited by Harmony233
Spelled something wrong
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Didn't Olivia have pointless Leo at the hospital?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

No, also an NB birth.

Maxie's due date is June. Too soon, but not too too soon.

Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Nope--he was a four month old preemie born at the Nurses Ball.

Even though it was offer screen Noah probably was wasn't Georgia because maxi e went into a coma or something?

I don't count offscreen, but yes, Georgie was born at the hospital, so she might've been the last.

Rocco - Spoon Island

Gabriel (Sabrina's tock): Side of the road

Teddy: Motel room while on the run with Carrrrrlos.

Scout: Bottom of ravine

Danny: motel room

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe not "way", but wasn't Maxie yelling that it was too soon once it started?

Maxie dumb.

Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

He was born there but it was a SORASed pregnancy.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't count offscreen, but yes, Georgie was born at the hospital, so she might've been the last.

Rocco - Spoon Island

Gabriel (Sabrina's tock): Side of the road

Teddy: Motel room while on the run with Carrrrrlos.

Scout: Bottom of ravine

Danny: motel room

Oh, that's right.  I thought Leo was born at the hospital because, inexplicably, Olivia recruited Dr. O to help her fake the baby's death.

From your list, let's not forget poor Avery, practically ripped out of Ava by Nina on the groddy floor of the "brownstone".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Has anyone - doctors, characters, Mac, Maxie herself - brought up Maxie's heart condition in relation to this pregnancy?

Good point. Maxie was an absolute fool for going to the ball bursting out of her sparkly evening gown and complaining that the baby was "so active". Surely she was having some acid reflux and heart twinges too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, Lucas (who?) and Brad's (who?) absence from the Nurses' Ball could be because the adopted mother is in labor too.

Switch, swatch, swutch.

My guess:  One dead baby--Nelle's.  She's going to swap out a baby for her dead one, but because of her friendship with Brad doesn't want to give him her tock.  So she takes their baby, gives Maxie's baby to them and Maxie gets Tock.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

yes if they have to do a product placement blurb, then really that was probably the best one I have ever really seen.  

Are cheap tassle earrings even a thing now?  So ugly.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maxie's due date is June. Too soon, but not too too soon.

I have a friend who is 36 weeks (due June 12, her fourth) but is ready to deliver RIGHT NOW.  According to the midwife,  36 weeks is considered full term. She's also not as big as Maxie is.

How stupid is Maxie telling Peter to pull over instead of going to the hospital just because her water broke?  It could be hours if she's not having any contractions yet. And if it really is too soon, she definitely should be in the hospital.

Are Jason and Sam going to rush into Maxie's hospital room and pull Henrik  away?

Poor Drew. He can see that Sam doesn't even notice him any more. I'd take Scout and run.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8