Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Part of me understands it, that embryo (as far as she knew) was her last chance. And Stavros was dead so she would be the only biological parent so there would be no issue in getting custody.

What I didn't like was the implied message that Rocco wasn't enough for her.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Part of me understands it, that embryo (as far as she knew) was her last chance. And Stavros was dead so she would be the only biological parent so there would be no issue in getting custody.

What I didn't like was the implied message that Rocco wasn't enough for her.

The issue shouldn't have been custody, it should've been that Lulu wanted to have HER MOTHER'S RAPIST'S child.  And thought Dante should be totally on board with that.  That's disgusting.  

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The issue shouldn't have been custody, it should've been that Lulu wanted to have HER MOTHER'S RAPIST'S child.  And thought Dante should be totally on board with that.  That's disgusting.  

I totally agree. It never went as far as theory because the embryo wasn't viable, but what was Dante supposed to do about raising Lulu's daughter/son that was also the half-sibling of Lulu's brother? How was Lulu supposed to interact with Laura over the nine months of the presumed pregnancy knowing that she willingly close to carry a child that was fathered by the man that kidnapped and raped her mother?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Yeah, that didn't make sense either. Not even getting into what that would have done to Laura emotionally to see Lulu pregnant with Stavros' baby, if I recall Dante and even Kevin (!) were (nicely) squicked out about that aspect of it, too.

But Stavros was dead (right?!) and Lulu I'm sure assumed she and Dante could raise the child and mitigate all the potential Cassadine evil-ness.

It was totally OOC. The only way I could see Lulu desperately wanting to carry Stavros' baby is if Rocco were sick and she needed to have a baby to help him.

I don't mind the media thing for Sam and Billy Miller, but it is kind of annoying if Billy Abbot ran a media thing on Y&R too.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was totally OOC. The only way I could see Lulu desperately wanting to carry Stavros' baby is if Rocco were sick and she needed to have a baby to help him.

Like a My Sister's Keeper situation?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

As far as Sam living off Jason while he was "dead" -  I don't entirely understand Diane's complaint. Diane drafted Jason's will; Sam was his wife, and his primary beneficiary. Drew? That I get. It absolutely was not fraud, but it's irksome.  And "paying someone back" with profits from the business that you used their money to buy? Eh.

It's yet another way for Noble Jason to show his Noblity. UGH.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I feel like I remember hearing something about Frons nixing business stories in general when Ron was over at OLTL, because Ron was trying to do stuff with Buchanan Enterprises.

Front definitely nixed business stories at ABCD. Ron had a really good business story going on at OLTL and he had to wrap it up really quickly (and badly) because of that. It's also why Jasper Jacks, corporate raider, was reduced to being Carly's lap dog and Sonny's patsy (aside from MB's ego issues, that is). Business, unless it's Sonny and the mob, is too boring to write about. /sarcasm

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That's such a better idea. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

That's such a better idea. 

It's very soapy. And it would be a nice nod (History!) to how Nik came into Lulu's life, as he gave her a bone marrow transfer because of her aplastic anemia. (Which, whatever happened to that? There's never been any follow up with adult Lulu.)

• Love 3

It is really shitty of Nathan that he didn't run any of his and Lulu's ridiculous scheme by Maxie.  But on the other hand, Maxie, if you don't want this news to get out, don't tell stupid, spazzy Nina.

The hell, Alexis dumped Dr. Bensch off-screen?  I seriously do not understand what happened with this character, the show seemed to introduce him with no actual story idea or function for him.  Poor JDP deserves better.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Doesn't Aiden have aplastic anemia as well?

No.  Per WikiGH:

In November 2011, Aiden is diagnosed with Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. After receiving a blood transfusion from his aunt Lulu, Aiden fully recovers.

Joss did look like a sister-wife, hee. For a semiformal dance, that dress wasn't formal enough, IMO.

Oh, look at Lulu with all of her professional-journalist equipment! Condescension fully intended.

I am greatly enjoying Joss giving Carly some teenage drama. If anyone deserves her life being made miserable by a teenager, it's Carly.

Oscar needs to stop with the hangdog passive-aggressiveness.

• Love 10

How absolutely tone deaf to have Carly give a lecture on society's perception of women based on their appearance and the dangers of slut shaming when Carly makes her bread and butter debasing women like Ava and Nelle for not being wholly virtuous. And I'm not going to be appalled that Joss has condoms because being proactive about her sexual health is an incredibly important lesson for a girl her age to learn.

Drew's line to Oscar about never discounting women or their abilities was simple and effective and makes perfect sense coming from Drew, a man who has always shown utmost respect to Sam and the other women in his life. That comment meant more to me than anything Carly had to say today.

I have to say, I didn't hate Kim and Julian. It's actually refreshing seeing him away from the baggage of Julexis. 

Lots of heavy-handed editing today involving Peter (he mentioned family as Nathan slid in behind him, Spinelli said he knew more about Faison's foe as the scene switched to a close-up of Peter). But overall, I think Peter's integration and importance has been more subtle than GH usually goes for.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He comes by it honestly.

The only condition that gets any sort of mention is Robin's HIV. Maxie had a heart transplant for crying out loud, and she never mentions taking meds or anything.

26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The hell, Alexis dumped Dr. Bensch off-screen?  I seriously do not understand what happened with this character, the show seemed to introduce him with no actual story idea or function for him.  Poor JDP deserves better.

Yeah, that whole thing is weird. He looked like he was going into creeper terriroty with Kiki but I guess it was a story they planned for with Dillon around. 

• Love 3

That dress on Joss was perfectly fine to me. It wasn't too revealing or too short. And I'm pretty conservative. Perfectly appropriate for a high school semi formal. So Carly preaches to Joss about women but thinks she solves the problem by getting her a dress that I'm assuming is incredibly expensive? Way to empower her, dumbass.

BM with Oscar today - I'm in love. Too bad many men don't realize that kind of behavior is so incredibly sexy.

Lulu knows the phrase "the gild is off the lily"? No effing way.

To me it sucks that the daughter of Luke and Laura is so incredibly annoying and an entitled brat. That character should be written/played in a much more dynamic way. 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Linny said:

How absolutely tone deaf to have Carly give a lecture on society's perception of women based on their appearance and the dangers of slut shaming when Carly makes her bread and butter debasing women like Ava and Nelle for not being wholly virtuous. And I'm not going to be appalled that Joss has condoms because being proactive about her sexual health is an incredibly important lesson for a girl her age to learn.

More typical hamhandedness from GH on social topics. Gah. Ugh. Argh. Joss's dress was hardly skimpy. It had spaghetti straps, yes, but it was knee length. 

I get Carly not wanting Joss to be sexually active just yet, but it's not up to Carly, so Joss should be proactive. Maybe make sure Joss isn't going to use ELQ condoms no matter what, heh. Would Carly rather deal with a pregnant Joss? I doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He comes by it honestly.

LOL. He does. (That doesn't make it any less exasperating.)

So nice to see the Diane/Alexis friendship. Alexis's crack about Diane never paying for lunch was great, as was Diane's reaction.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I get Carly not wanting Joss to be sexually active just yet, but it's not up to Carly, so Joss should be proactive.

It's not? She's 14. Joss can sneak around I guess but Carly can take away her phone, her expensive dresses, etc etc.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Would Carly rather deal with a pregnant Joss? I doubt it.

Oh gawd, if Joss got pregnant by Oscar, we'd have to hear sooo much Carly snarling about the Q's trying to steal her grandchild.  That is history we don't need to see repeated.

I would love it if Joss, to explain the condom purchase, started listing off the WTD and Ooops! pregnancies that have gone on around her, including the current one with her own brother and Nelle.

Somewhat relatedly, not that I'm dying to see more teens (unless Chester gets SORASed), but isn't it weird that the teen scene is just these two bores?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I would love it if Joss, to explain the condom purchase, started listing off the WTD and Ooops! pregnancies that have gone on around her, including the current one with her own brother and Nelle.

This. (Though did we hear anything about faulty birth control with Nelle and Michael? Did we hear about birth control at all? I guess Nelle saying she didn't get pregnant on purpose is as explicit as it got, right?) I would also love it if Joss told Carly the condoms were for a school health project (and that was the truth), and of course Joss knows she's not ready for sex, and how about a little trust?

• Love 5

Lulu knows the phrase "the gild is off the lily"? No effing way.

Haven't watched today-- please say someone used that phrase and Lulu corrected them.  Because the phrase gilding the lily means to try and improve something that doesnt need improving and the bloom is off the rose means something past its prime/ no longer exciting. 

If Lulu, as a journalist, used the phrase the gild is off the lily-- I may have to skip today's show entirely. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

If Lulu, as a journalist, used the phrase the gild is off the lily-- I may have to skip today's show entirely. 

I wasn't paying close enough attention to know what phrase Lulu used, but if it's the wrong/garbled one, it's consistent with her level of expertise. Heh.

• Love 4

Nope, it's sad but true. Lulu was meeting with her source? publisher? (not exactly sure his role, sorry) 

Anyway, he had more info on Faison or something, but Lil' Brenda Starr stopped him and said something about too much info is no good, or something like that, the gild is off the lily. I wasn't paying full attention though, because I hate her. 

merge

Would be interesting if Joss was the one secretly being bullied and someone planted the condoms in her backpack...

Maybe she is the one Oscar is trying to protect by learning how to fight? Did I mention how much I fell in love with BM during that scene today? 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3

Lulu not being able to take back the story was such crap. Even if it's on the website, it can still be taken down, and it wasn't because Shady Aurora Boss hadn't given the go-ahead when Nathan called Lulu.  He is so Faison's son.

Also, has Nina never worked in the real world before?  Of course her boss has power over Crimson's judgement.

The Drew/Oscar scenes were nice but Drew should be finding out why Oscar is being bullied and get a non-violent solution. Oh, wait, I forgot what she I was watching.

The custody stuff was HORRIBLE.  What does Diane think, saying that Jason should have custody of Danny?  Sure Diane, let's rip him from his mother and the only father he's ever known and his baby sister and give him to the mob enforcer who has zero child care arrangements and who leaves home when Sonny crooks his little finger for Jason to go out and risk his life.

It's not hard -- make Sam the custodial parent and Jason gets whatever visits he wants.

Sam also lost me completely today getting angry at Alexis and saying that if anything happened to her Jason would make the right decision with Danny.  Has she met Michael?  Or Morgan?  Jason is in a high risk (and illegal) job that has a high probability of getting him killed and leaving Danny with no one.  It seems that when ever Sam gets close to Jason, all her brain cells die. Idiots.

17 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Jasam didn't have a prenup so Sam could have taken Jason to the cleaners but she didn't. It is funny as hell that the woman that used to love money more than anything ends up paying for a new life with Jason's brother. I hope Diane takes her rooster ass over to visit the Q's and Michael next since everything Drew bought with Jason's money needs to be paid back and he bought ELQ back for the family or does that not count. Sam also needs her money back for Danny's medical bills.

Any money Jason got from Edward's will, Drew should have got an equal amount.

Logically any  money used to support Sam and Danny should also have come from Jason's share since he would have been responsible for their support.

8 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Because he was using the name Jason Morgan, so therefore everything belongs to Jason.

Drew worked for Sonny for five (?) years. Whatever money Sonny gave him during that time for work that he did should belong to Drew regardless of whatever name he was using at the time. As should any increase in Jason's money beyond the basic bank interest rate that Drew created.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Lulu not being able to take back the story was such crap. Even if it's on the website, it can still be taken down

Yeah, but even if a story is taken down, it's been cached somewhere. Nothing ever goes away on the internet.

Good lord, this story is galactically stupid.

• Love 3

I knew about her coma but has she really been running Crimson all this time with no one overseeing her budget?  Julian was a terrible manager.

56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, but even if a story is taken down, it's been cached somewhere. Nothing ever goes away on the internet.

If Spinelli looks for it. But presumably Faison has better things to do.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wasn't paying close enough attention to know what phrase Lulu used, but if it's the wrong/garbled one, it's consistent with her level of expertise. Heh.

I had the show recorded, here's the dialogue:

Lulu (talking to Nathan): Well, that about does it.

Nathan: You sure? I got more.

Lulu: Well, I hear you but I don't want to gild the lily. Your description of Faison as a "Nicotine stained relic, not fit for a family," is vivid, veering on overkill.

Seems the phrase was used correctly.

• Love 6

^^^ wow, I really wasn't paying attention. Didn't register in my brain that she was talking to Nathan. Thanks!

Looks like she did indeed use the term correctly - my issue was that it seemed highly doubtful that Lulu would have knowledge of the phrase at all, much less its proper usage. Millenials, you know...

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I knew about her coma but has she really been running Crimson all this time with no one overseeing her budget?  Julian was a terrible manager.

Well, he did want her to fail.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also, has Nina never worked in the real world before?  Of course her boss has power over Crimson's judgement.

No. Nina never worked in the real world, which she admitted to. She might not even had gone to college. The above is the most realistic about Nina being Crimson's editor since she had to have Maxie coach her on how to dress

• Love 4

Julian hired Nina because she had no experience.  He needed a tax write off and needed Crimson to fail. (Something about hiding mob money?) He was counting on Nina to tank the magazine but she pulled it off and it began turning a profit even though he was sabotaging it.  When Nina found out what Julian had been doing, she blackmailed him into supporting the magazine and her budget. 

• Love 3

Gotta love how Jason proves Alexis's point by rimmediately running the second Sonny beckons.  Also, STFU, Diane.  God, she's insufferable.  

Also, I almost want something to happen to Danny so Sam gets the blinders off about Saint Jason.

Liking the chemistry between Drew and Oscar.  BM seems way more in his comfort zone since he doesn't have to act like a mutant ex-mobster.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, seasons said:

Looks like she did indeed use the term correctly - my issue was that it seemed highly doubtful that Lulu would have knowledge of the phrase at all, much less its proper usage. Millenials, you know..

Before the recasts, I'd expect both of Luke's kids to know the phrase - i remember him using it and JJ and JMB were both believably his children 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Gotta love how Jason proves Alexis's point by rimmediately running the second Sonny beckons.  Also, STFU, Diane.  God, she's insufferable.  

Also, I almost want something to happen to Danny so Sam gets the blinders off about Saint Jason.

Liking the chemistry between Drew and Oscar.  BM seems way more in his comfort zone since he doesn't have to act like a mutant ex-mobster.

I cannot stand CH's acting.  Nails on a chalkboard.

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Danny could get shot by accident by Jason and Sam wouldn't blame him.

Danny could get shot on purpose by Jason and Sam would probably say that he made the only choice he could have in the situation.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7

Apparently neither Jason nor Sam talked to their lawyers before the courthouse meeting. Or really though about anything about the divorce at all.  If it weren't for Danny and Scout, I'd say those two numbskulls deserve each other.

• Love 9

Carly was so stupid to give Joss such a matronly dress to wear for the dance.  There is no way that a teenage girl would want to wear that dress to a semi-formal dance it was more fitting to wear to church.  The dress that Joss borrowed from her friend was, in my opinion, appropriate but too old for her.  She is only 14 years old.  Carly was right to find a compromise dress but did it need to be an expensive designer dress.  Carly was so worried about other girls harassing Joss if she wore that black dress does she not realize her daughter could be hassled by her jealous classmates if she show up wearing a designer dress.  God, high school is an emotional and social minefield.  She would have been better off taking Joss to Wyndam's and finding a dress together.  

• Love 4

This has to be the most boring "love triangle" I've ever seen in my entire existence. Martyr "I'll give you anything you want" Jason, Perfect "Oh, I dont got any worries that my wife's real husband is back" Drew, and Saint "I just kissed Martyr Jason while claiming to love Perfect Drew and it's just another day" Samantha.

Write them all off.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Danny could get shot on purpose by Jason and Sam would probably say that he made the only choice he could have in the situation.

Meh. 

Liz would do the same thing if we substituted “Jake” for “Danny.”

It’s the curse of Steve Burton’s Jason. Even Robin was dragged away from a family holiday with her WHOLE FAMILY to basically kiss SB’s Jason’s ass and figuratively flip the bird to whoever BM is now playing.

I’ve rooted against whoever Burton has been playing for at least fifteen years. I’m still rooting against Jason’s unrepentant, serial-killing ass and I so deeply resent that Robin has not been given ONE holiday with her entire family free of Jason’s rank murdering ass.

Then again, I never understood how Robin fell in so easily with the likes of wannabe criminal Stone and disgusting Sonny when both of them stood against everything her thought-to-be-at-the-time dead parents stood for. So what do I know?

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Robin is lucky she got a happy ending and isn't still chained to a wall somewhere.

If JT hadn't forced their hand by leaving, Robin would still be kidnapped until Jake Doe/Jason(now Drew) remembered her, and Patrick would be blissfully unwilling to care about her and pressing Sam to divorce Jason.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Before the recasts, I'd expect both of Luke's kids to know the phrase - i remember him using it and JJ and JMB were both believably his children 

What a great point! Thanks for that insight. I can hear Luke saying that! (And JJ and JMB.)

Just watched some old clips on YouTube before the recast. Good times.

JJ and JMB both seem to be doing well in other roles but I miss them both on GH.

• Love 3