Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So Nina drugged and killed Cassandra and Valentin is likely covering for her. I suppose it's too much to ask for that they lose Charlotte now, but how many more people do they have to hurt before Lulu is allowed full or at the least primary custody of her daughter?

• Love 5

Listen, Nina, if you're going to commit a crime and then conceal it because you're afraid to "go back to your old life," have enough panache to not run like a skittish colt when a police officer comes within 15 feet of you. And of course it's only now that we're remembering Nina's past as a child kidnapper after pretty much ignoring that chapter of her history for the last couple of years.

Jordan's advice to Finn bothered me because I don't think it makes sense for her to have that kind of heart-to-heart chat with Finn. Anna, yes, but not Finn. I want to like Anna and Finn but they're losing me with all these unnecessary roadblocks. 

Day one of Ned's candidacy and Olivia's already shoving him in front of cameras and acting confrontational with the competition. I need somebody to distract her by claiming they make a better bruschetta than her or something to make her go away for a few minutes, because her dogged intensity is draining.

• Love 8

I mean, Nina's nuts, but would she really subject another woman to that after what she went through being drugged by Donna Mills?

Wouldn't Olivia - who has two children out of wedlock with two well-known mobsters - actually be a black mark on the campaign in certain camps?

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, Nina's nuts, but would she really subject another woman to that after what she went through being drugged by Donna Mills?

Wouldn't Olivia - who has two children out of wedlock with two well-known mobsters - actually be a black mark on the campaign in certain camps?

After she showed no empathy to Lulu for having her autonomy violated and child stolen after what happened to Nina? Sure!

17 minutes ago, Linny said:

Listen, Nina, if you're going to commit a crime and then conceal it because you're afraid to "go back to your old life," have enough panache to not run like a skittish colt when a police officer comes within 15 feet of you. And of course it's only now that we're remembering Nina's past as a child kidnapper after pretty much ignoring that chapter of her history for the last couple of years.

Oh, now that comes up but they ignored it when it was important, during the custody battle? I see you, Show.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Linny said:

Day one of Ned's candidacy and Olivia's already shoving him in front of cameras and acting confrontational with the competition. I need somebody to distract her by claiming they make a better bruschetta than her or something to make her go away for a few minutes, because her dogged intensity is draining.

What was up with the way she kept moving her head around when she was kissing him?

51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's not like she did it on purpose though.And yes, that stuff could be used against Olivia, but all of them have stuff that could be used against them. Hope they dredge it all up, heh.

Argh, Nina's reasons for not telling are lousy. 

I liked Anna's coat.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In the loser camps. I'm sure Olivia's mobster baby daddies are an advantage for Ned everywhere else. I had to laugh at the MetroCourt's "best champagne" that Olivia cracked open. It looked so cheap—they couldn't at least fake some sort of Dom Perignon bottle? 

53 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Cassandra went after Nina first. It was self-defense on Nina's part.

I deeply covet Anna's coat.

Uh-oh, Claudette sighting. I hope that picture was the last of it.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Argh, Nina's reasons for not telling are lousy. 

I found it interesting that she feared being sent back to the mental institution, but not that Lulu would rightfully take them back to court and they would lose or at the very least be severely limited in their custody of Charlotte.

8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Lulu all gung-ho about going after Faison just because her random dayplayer boss told her to?

Especially considering her family lost a year with Lucky when he was a teenager, and Miss Daddy's Girl knows quite well that Luke despised Faison for kidnapping him as well as other actions. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Jordan's advice to Finn

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'd have loved it if Finn had stopped to do up a few buttons of his shirt before answering the door to Jordan. Hee.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I guess I'll fast forward through today's ep to see [Anna's amazing coat].

So, @peachmangosteen, what did you think?

I want to like Anna/Finn but Anna running out on him when he's trying to get her to the bedroom is so stupid on her part. Surely she could have waited a couple of hours to confront Valentin.

I am rather squicked out that both Laura's and Ned's mayoral runs are pushed on them by their spouses.  Kevin, if you want to be mayor, run yourself.

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In Port Charles, being Sonny's baby mama would be an advantage.

19 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

That GH fosters such garbage about a "sociopathy gene" that can be inherited is monumentally embarrassing. Genes can give you eye color or influence your height, but there is no "sociopathy gene" that regulates moral behavior. Moral behavior is influenced by upbringing, culture, peers, or some kind of conditioning.

They actually have found genes that are linked to sociopathy, chiefly by the person's inability to feel empathy which makes them cruel and self-serving.  It can be mediated by nurturing in a loving family though.

I'm tired of the argument on the show but I think Maxie has real reason to worry.  Having said that, I really like how Maxie is handling it.  She's keeping her freak-out to herself and calming Nathan down and she's being proactive about keeping the information from Faison.  This is the Maxie the show should spent more of its time on, not the selfish and child-like Maxie they like to show.

17 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why does it feel like Lulu's pretensions at badass journalism (interviewing Faison) are about to get out of control? Why should he be given a "chance to explain his side of the story" when he is one of the master criminals in the US?

Lulu's argument is that this would be Faison's only chance to present his case to the world. Which is ridiculous because 1. real journalists all over the world would be falling over themselves to write his story if he were arrested and 2. he's a published author, he could write it himself.

Every time I think they couldn't make Lulu more ridiculous as a journalist, they find a way to.

• Love 11

I was watching NCIS  New Orleans last night, please don't judge,  There was a character named the Jackel. So I googled the Jackel, hacker, and lo and behold there is a well known hacker with that name. So, I think that back in the day, the writers did care and do some decent research/

• Love 1

I just watched the Alexis/Sam scenes from a few days ago and the only thing I could think was, I want Alexis' earrings. They were really cute!  And, Alexis gave good advice that Sam is going to ignore of course.

Really I guess if I ever liked Sam I'd care but right now listening to her its so obvious shes gonna end up with Jason and they are probably going to ruin Drew to make it happen.  Oh and I liked Sam's  outfit too but darn it  I don't think I could pull it off. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I am rather squicked out that both Laura's and Ned's mayoral runs are pushed on them by their spouses.  Kevin, if you want to be mayor, run yourself.

Kevin has always seemed whipped by his womenfolk. Olivia is such a Buttinsky, and she could easily turn into a Lady MacBeth type for Ned if the situation called for it.

I wonder what are the odds that Tracy might hear of Ned's political plans and figure out a way to help him win unfairly?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

I usually FF through scenes of Franco and Liz canoodling, but I liked the little touch that foreshadowed problems for the pair. As Liz breathily insisted that they marry as soon as arrangements could be made, Franco took his scarf off and wound it around her throat like a noose or a slithering reptile.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2018 at 2:19 PM, dubbel zout said:
On 1/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, LexieLily said:

Casaandra has mentioned Claudette a few times. Wasn't Bree filming scenes or did I make that up?

I'm surprised Valentini didn't have her show up when Jessica Tuck was around.  That wink wink crap is right up his alley

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ccphilly said:

I'm surprised Valentini didn't have her show up when Jessica Tuck was around.  That wink wink crap is right up his alley

Bree an Jessica never shared a scene on OLTL. I know, I know, Bree still played the character of Jessica. But the wink wink would be much more effective if Erin Torpey showed up.

• Love 2
Just now, Sake614 said:

Bree an Jessica never shared a scene on OLTL. I know, I know, Bree still played the character of Jessica. But the wink wink would be much more effective if Erin Torpey showed up.

I know.  JT's Megan was my all time favorite soap character.  It's just a total Frank thing to do to have them share a scene.  Did JT and James DePaiva ever have any scenes together?  Also, I'd cut a bitch for Erin Torpey to show up.  

• Love 1
Just now, Sake614 said:

Absolutely they did! Megan and Max were a couple :)

I love Max and Megan!!!  I HATED Gabrielle with a passion  only a 12 year old girl could have for a fictional character.  I meant were they ever together on GH.   

• Love 1
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think Kevin would be a terrible mayor, TBH, and the last thing I want to see on GH is Olivia in any sort of prominent position. She's completely unbearable to me, despite my fondness for LiLoC. Olivia was always overbearing, but I felt she would listen to reason and change her mind if applicable. Now she's just a pushy loudmouth who steamrollers everyone. Ugh.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So, @peachmangosteen, what did you think [of Anna's coat]?

Loved it. Anna always has the best coats. Her coats are just about the only thing I still like about her.

I still love Anna, but the show is really challenging me on that. However, I did like Valentin and Anna sort of surprising themselves by admitting they enjoyed working together. Their history is a complete mess, but I don't mind if they grudgingly work together once in a great while. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ccphilly said:

I love Max and Megan!!!  I HATED Gabrielle with a passion  only a 12 year old girl could have for a fictional character.  I meant were they ever together on GH.   

Ah, no they haven't shared scenes on GH. They really should have. I'd love to see the two of them together :)

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 2

I'm so confused as to how the hell Nathan can provide any information to Lulu that would warrant the term exposé and why anyone would care. "I found out two minutes ago that Faison is my father, so all I know about him are secondhand stories and general information that anyone with an internet connection can find for themselves." And why would this make Faison decide "yes, I will go see my police officer son who just put a national spotlight on me, what a great plan!" It's so STUPID.

I'm a fan of the Curtis/Drew friendship so I enjoyed their stuff today. Drew's astonishment that he ever once looked like a young Steve Burton made me laugh, because I feel the same way.

All I've got to say about Sonny and Julian jostling for dominance is that I'm grateful the third party in that conversation was an actual brick and not Brick the useless minion. 

I guess the JaSam flashbacks are supposed to be tugging on my heartstrings, but all I see is a young love that couldn't survive into maturity (and no, I don't think they would have made it even if Jason hadn't disappeared for five years). They've grown up and grown apart, and that tenderness can exist between them without them being a couple.

• Love 6

Dante was kind of an asshole to Julian. I'm fine with that for personal stuff, but when it's police business, and Dante insists on going himself, it was a bit much for me. Especially because there's no reason Julian would throw a brick through his bar's kitchen window. He doesn't want the cops around any more than the cops want to be around him. Ugh. I didn't like that scene at all.

And then Julian of course blames Sonny for the brick. FFS, Show. 

Lulu has "great instincts and enormous potential"? Oh, dear. Newbie Publisher Guy is pretty stupid.

16 minutes ago, Linny said:

They've grown up and grown apart, and that tenderness can exist between them without them being a couple.

Not on GH it can't: Love is all or nothing.

MAC!!!!!! JJY looks great in glasses. He's become such a silver fox. Rowr.

• Love 5

First: Maaaan. Pleasepleaseplease don't let BJ be a skeevy, shady businessman! And oh yeahhhhh, Greg Evigan is still uberly hawt!

Second: I'm behind, but I actually did a double take and side-eyed Jordan when she accused Anna of bringing the drug trade "in my town." Your town? YOUR town? Step back. [putting on my twelve-year old hat] This was Anna's town FIRST. And for someone who worked at DEA, you gonna tell me no one from there would have given her a heads up about Cassandra? Or that there was drug whatever enterprise going on in "HER" town?

giphy.gif

And as for Ned and Stupider Little Shit talking with Jim, and SLS being all holier than thou, acting as if he gives any fucks about the people who would be kicked out of their homes on Charles Street? Please see above. This twit who doesn't even know what it's like to struggle, and is acting as if he's done good things for them before now? (And if he has, please let me know, since I took a two year hiatus on the Barge). Jack ass knows JACK SHIT compared to Ned. Just GTFO.

• Love 2

Maybe I missed something today when I was fast-forwarding through much of the show today (St Jason and Sam, not interested; Maxie's hysterics, not interested; Lulu's dumb plan, not interested...), but why do we see Julian opening boxes of Corinthos Coffee?  Why didn't he just tell Sonny to get lost?  Even if he thought Sonny's idiots threw a brick through his window, why would he care?  He's hardly the wimpy type.

I don't get it.

• Love 4

I saw this noted on Twitter, but it is really weird that Britt has not been part of this ridiculous Faison-as-Nathan's dad retcon, especially because they had the actress there.  I mean, Nathan wouldn't go to her for insight on Faison, on being his child, especially before agreeing to Lulu's stupid plan to use himself as bait?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, HipOldBat said:

Julian opening boxes of Corinthos Coffee? 

Because Sonny is the "boss" and when he says you sell coffee in your bar or else, than you sell coffee in your bar.  plus I think julian's trying to fly right, so he's not going to ruffle any feathers.  

• Love 2
On 1/11/2018 at 3:38 PM, HipOldBat said:

Why didn't he just tell Sonny to get lost?  Even if he thought Sonny's idiots threw a brick through his window, why would he care?  He's hardly the wimpy type.

He's not?! First can-barely-run Luke controlled him, then wacky sister Olivia. I'm not trying to be mean, but he's shown himself to be pretty wimpy for someone who was supposed to be a mob boss.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I saw this noted on Twitter, but it is really weird that Britt has not been part of this ridiculous Faison-as-Nathan's dad retcon, especially because they had the actress there.  I mean, Nathan wouldn't go to her for insight on Faison, on being his child, especially before agreeing to Lulu's stupid plan to use himself as bait?

Yes and no. He should be asking her for insight to Faison, but I don't think she can really help him emotionally, because she is a lot more morally ambiguous than him.

I forget, Britt always knew Faison was her dad, right? She just never met him?

Love it when they bust out pictures of SB's boyband days. Hee.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

First: Maaaan. Pleasepleaseplease don't let BJ be a skeevy, shady businessman! And oh yeahhhhh, Greg Evigan is still uberly hawt!

Alas, I am pretty sure he pushed Drew down the stairs and made poor Franco think he was the one that did it.

Much like I would pay the writers if they made Peter Carly's son, I would pay the writers to have Faison read the article, look at Nathan's picture in disappointment and then toss it out. Not as much as I would pay them for the Peter Carly thing though.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I forget, Britt always knew Faison was her dad, right? She just never met him?

Yup, she always knew.  I think we heard that she saw him a few times when she was younger, but as Dr. O said, he had little interest in her because she was a girl and it sounded like she spent most of her childhood in boarding schools and such. 

I really liked Britt's original attitude re: Faison, that he was a garbage person, there was no lingering "But I have to know him/her, they're my flesh and blood!" that we often get on soaps.  So her "He's actually not so bad!" attitude during her visits has been annoying to me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, remember that time Nathan drunkenly shot a man and left him for dead?

No, because they barely did anything with the darn thing, even though they should have. :p I just don't think she can really relate to his feeling of, "shit, this person is my father," especially since she's been on a cruise with dear papa.

• Love 2

I think part of it too is that this "My blood is tainted!" take they're going with doesn't work if Britt's there, because Nathan has never treated her like she is.  Even given the things she herself has done, he's always been warm with her, seen the best in her, never really judged her, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Because Sonny is the "boss" and when he says you sell coffee in your bar or else, than you sell coffee in your bar.  plus I think julian's trying to fly right, so he's not going to ruffle any feathers.  

Yeah, I still don't get it.  Seems really out of character for Julian.  Also, if someone is trying to "go straight", why have any dealings with Sonny?  His coffee business is his "legit business front", but still, why deal with him at all?  I figured Sonny was going to hit him for protection money, but if that's the case he didn't do a very convincing job of it.  I guess maybe more will be revealed as time goes on...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HipOldBat said:

why have any dealings with Sonny?

I;m pretty sure the show doesn't want Sonny to look like the big bad that he is, so he doesn't deal with drugs or guns or protection money.  His crime family forces people to sell his coffee in their establishments.  

• Love 1

That Jasam montage made me want to barf. And the long suffering St. Jasus throwing his money around.  And yes Sam you've basically been living off Jason or Sonny since you hit Port Charles.  Why did you start yelling and getting self righteous about the truth? That PI business was a joke. That's our heroine of GH folks! 

I realize sitting through every grueling moment of that divorce is pure soap but ugh. Only bright spot was seeing Alexis and Diane work.

Has Jason had ANY scenes with Liz since Christmas? Have they discussed Jake at all? He's one kid that took the news pretty hard shouldnt Drew and Jason be checking in on him? If for no other reason than to freak out Franco?  Maybe we get a glimpse of Cam and Aiden? Ha I know.   And I've given up asking about Monica.  Did Jason have a scene with Ned? How is this return already boring? 

• Love 4

Are we supposed to believe that Drew had no social media presence at all before he was abducted? I mean, just google ‘Drew Cain’ or search FB to see if he has a profile. It may not jog his memory but at least he’ll see who his friends were.

and then today when Curtis told him where he grew up, he was all ‘yeah it’s about 50 miles from here.’ Well that’s like an hour drive. So how about getting in the car and going to your hometown? Walk around, ask questions. Okay so no one will recognize you now but I’m sure they can tell you something about yourself as a kid. This whole thing is just getting more ridiculous by the minute.

• Love 6

LMAO @ Jason closing his eyes in anguish as his mob money was mentioned. And LMAO that Sam has nothing to her own name, not even a lotto ticket. This was the main couple we were supposed to be rooting for all these years. 

• Love 6

On a purely shallow note, Lulu's hair is so distracting. It's so long and bright blond and the way she wears it, just straight and splayed out over her shoulders, sometimes it's the only thing I can focus on during her scenes. And she's so petite, I feel the hair kind of overwhelms her. Hard to take her seriously.

• Love 5

Bwahhahahahah!  Sam is and will always be NOTHING without Jason Morgan.   After being on this show for fourteen years, Sam has accomplished nothing financially or academically on her own.  How SaD.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Are we supposed to believe that Drew had no social media presence at all before he was abducted? I mean, just google ‘Drew Cain’ or search FB to see if he has a profile. It may not jog his memory but at least he’ll see who his friends were.

I don't have any social media presence. 

I really love Curtis.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think Jason putting up the initial money for Jackal PI was a retcon. 

He put up Spinelli's half of the money for McCall & Jackal PI.  Sam had enough to do it on her own but agreed to let Spinelli join her.

• Love 7

I'd forgotten that Peter's last name is August, which is the 8th month. The Faison son alias in the book is Octavius, which obviously is also a reference to 8. (They mentioned that in Faison's original books, the Faison-like main character was an anagram of his own name, so I've been keeping my ear open for wordplay.)   

So that was enough to convince me that the guy who assigned a story all about finding Faison is the same revenge-minded son. Well, that, and his big soapy gulp when Lulu told him that a second son exists. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 13