Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, rur said:

And I couldn't help noticing that Sonny's reactions were all about him. There seemed to be no comprehension of what Jason endured.

Sonny's always all about Sonny. That didn't surprise me at all.

I don't think MB played those scenes right. Pushy anger wasn't the right emotion, and that's what I was getting. He should have mostly been confused, unbelieving, skeptical.

ETA: That said, I thought those scenes were quite good. 

I thought it was really weird JaDrew tell Danny that his life was going to change, as if Danny knew JaDrew had been a mob hit man and now is going straight.

56 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He should be upset that Nelle keeps telling these silly lies and then acts as if this will be the last secret that she is keeping from him.

The lying is completely stupid, but I also hate that Michael thinks he has a right to know every single thing about Nelle's life.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

When I first saw Danny on the couch today, I was taken aback for a moment by his hair. I honestly thought it was part of a Halloween costume for a second. Who is styling that poor child's hair like that?!? 

Why is usually ashen Sam wearing old lady pink lipstick? Twofer at the CVS Wet n' Wild counter? One for her, one for Jason?

At least her party dress was blue. But it was so boring. I guess that's part of their understated media life now?

That baby Scout is precious. And so mellow.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Danny's not even going to wake up when Monica comes to pick up the kids?  So we have Monica, with a hip issue, carrying Danny and Scout?  Have they noticed how she walks?

I'd guess Alice will move Danny into the Q mansion since Jason carried him to Monica's car.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, seasons said:

At least her party dress was blue

Is that the same dress that Sam wore to another event?  I know she has worn that colour before and I was surprised.  It looks really good on her,

What is with all the sauna scenes

• Love 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

That baby Scout is precious. And so mellow.

I love the side eye she kept throwing Billy and the kid who plays Danny.  Like she had no idea who these people were and why Mommy would pluck her down with them.  GH does a good job casting the babies.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought it was really weird JaDrew tell Danny that his life was going to change, as if Danny knew JaDrew had been a mob hit man and now is going straight.

Maybe it was to explain how daddy will spend less time in a hospital bed with tubes attached.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He should have mostly been confused, unbelieving, skeptical.

I despise Sonny/MB with the heat of a thousand suns, but I thought he did a good job with the DNA/scan line.  JaSix was all, 'how could you people not know" and Sonny yelled out, 'we did tests and scans' and there was the right amount of anger and confusion.  

I adore Grava to begin with, but I love how giddy Maura was playing it, as Ava's explaining everything she's figured out to Griffin.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Linny said:

"You taught me everything that I know about this business and most of what I know about life. I would never turn my back on you, I wouldn't walk away to start a media company or anything else." And THIS is what propels Sonny to stop holding a gun on an unarmed man and to believe his earnest words: a pledge of undying loyalty and a reminder that Sonny is the greatest man ever. Yes, proselytizing that Sonny and his business are the be all end all is of course the most convincing evidence that this is indeed the true Jason. Forget a DNA test, this Sonny ass kissing will suffice.

You can never go wrong betting on Sonny's entitlement and stupidity.

It's pretty pathetic of SBJason to shut down the idea of ever leaving Sonny and living his own life.  He's the acolyte of a man who doesn't deserve one.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

What is with all the sauna scenes

We paid for a sauna set and dammit, we're going to use it!  Sauna, it's the new gazebo/Perks coffee stand/outdoors in the park.

• Love 6

Burton is what, 47? I'm really not seeing shocking aging here. I haven't been following him the whole time on The Young and the Restlesss, so yes, when he initially appeared unmasked as "Patient Six" I noticed a difference between now and the face I had in my mind as Old Jason's, but five years in anyone's forties can tell. I think it's more a matter of seeing it day to day, a little at a time (if you were a Y&R viewer or a member of Burton's family), versus going from 42 to 47 abruptly.  When I look at old Sonny clips on YouTube, I think that Maurice looks so young, and "young" was never a word that came to my mind at the time. First time I ever saw him, I thought "Poor man's Dan Hedaya."  

• Love 1

Ah, Jason had little lost mobster tears in his eyes today. I wish Mo could have brought a little more emotionally in the hug. ...eh, maybe they will make out tomorrow. 

I think SBu has thinned down quite a bit since he was last Jason, which might be making his face look less full and show his age more, but I would not kick him outta bed. 

• Love 7

I think SBu has thinned down quite a bit since he was last Jason, which might be making his face look less full and show his age more, but I would not kick him outta bed. 

Steve Burton is not my usual type and I was never a huge Jason fan (after the last breakup with Robin), but there’s always been some something something there for me!

• Love 4

I think SBu has thinned down quite a bit since he was last Jason, which might be making his face look less full and show his age more

He had his face done around the time he joined Y&R, I believe it was.

Edited by Tenshinhan
8 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I’m so disappointed. I wanted a Sonny/Jason makeout session. All I got was a hug lol!

I thought for sure that Sonny was just going to kiss SB to see if he really was HIS JASON!  I kept on waiting for it. Especially with that bear hug.

And of course this is the real Jason! His only concern was working for Sonny. Not His family and their safety. Hell no, SONNY comes first! 

Yep. Jason just needs to lie and say that he is Andrew. No worries. "Jason" can deal with the stupid wife, lame kids and loser mother stuff! "Drew" can stay being Sonny's friend with all benefits! Which is all real!Jason ever really cared about anyway. 

• Love 1

Was I all on my own Wednesday in not giving even the faintest hint of a flying f--- about anything taking place with Sam and "Drew," Media Moguls? Not the awkward little kid, not Monica's pop-in for misplaced mothering, not the irony anvils about starting anew, none of it? Those scenes told us nothing and could not end fast enough for me. They beat out both Man Landers and Droopy Dog/the Girl of 1,000 Backstories for the episode's LVPs. 

It was a good detail that Carly ends a text message with a pointless ellipsis. She seems like the type.  (Maybe I should write "She seems like the type...") 

Grava is still fun. We'll see how long that lasts.  

Steve Burton was bringing it in the Jason/Sonny scenes, but Mo was off. I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen him play conflicting impulses well. He sure wasn't doing it today. For starters, I didn't like the decision to have him hold the gun on Jason for the whole hour, but that isn't Mo's fault (I assume, unless he suggested it). But he wasn't playing it the way I think he should have, like everything was telling him from the first moment that this was Real Jason, and he was going through the motions of this interrogation. It was all suspicion and hardness until his 180 in the closing moments. It just wasn't a very carefully controlled performance. Sonny's being a lousy listener and stepping on someone else's lines ("WHO'S 'THEY'?!") was in character, though.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Was I all on my own Wednesday in not giving even the faintest hint of a flying f--- about anything taking place with Sam and "Drew," Media Moguls? Not the awkward little kid, not Monica's pop-in for misplaced mothering, not the irony anvils about starting anew, none of it? Those scenes told us nothing and could not end fast enough for me. They beat out both Man Landers and Droopy Dog/the Girl of 1,000 Backstories for the episode's LVPs.

Those scenes were ridiculous.  I love how JaDrew is now insinuating that being a P.I. is what was put him in danger before.  Always protecting his precious Sonny to the very end.  And telling Danny about their new business.  Danny should've said "oh, does this mean I won't be spending all my time at Grandma Monica's anymore?"  Then they could've assured him that no, they'll still never be home and want to be around him. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If Jason is Patient Six and all of this happened to him, what the hell happened to Patients One through Five? I demand to know!

Patients One through Three were destroyed before they became operational.

Twenty-four hours after Patient Four became <Helena>Ack!-Tive!</Helena>, he disappeared,

Patient Five was our last best hope for peace, then victory.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Danny should've said "oh, does this mean I won't be spending all my time at Grandma Monica's anymore?"  Then they could've assured him that no, they'll still never be home and want to be around him. 

LOL. At least he's accounted for. We have no idea what Custer and Abraxas are doing.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Then they could've assured him that no, they'll still never be home and want to be around him. 

LMAO. The show wants to pretend they chose "family" but won't actually show the damn family. STILL. STILL. NuJaSam might actually be OGJaSam with this level of hilarious hypocrisy and contradiction. 

• Love 1

I get that soap operas are on the air every day so, unlike sitcoms, you really can't have the kids on each episode.  That said, can't they come up with something other than Danny and Scout are with Monica? 

Love seeing Sonny confess his love of Jason is stronger than his love for even Carly.  As if we didn't already know that.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I get that soap operas are on the air every day so, unlike sitcoms, you really can't have the kids on each episode.  That said, can't they come up with something other than Danny and Scout are with Monica? 

I know. Give Sam and Jason a nanny/regular babysitter, and then at least the kids are with someone who doesn't have another life we've seen. We always laughed about kid Michael being pawned off to Mercedes and Leticia, but at least that was why they were around.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAO. The show wants to pretend they chose "family" but won't actually show the damn family. STILL. STILL. NuJaSam might actually be OGJaSam with this level of hilarious hypocrisy and contradiction. 

Right?  I mean, I have little problem with the show not showing kids in general, unless for a specific plot-driven reason.  But don't try to sell the "family is the most important thing" dynamic and then show the opposite.

• Love 3

I will give them that they are setting up the Jason return well, although Sonnys "He's just not you" was laid on way too thick.  I suppose it's too much to hope that Carly will feel bad for jumping to conclusions?  I wonder how LW feels about playing a character who is such a bitch all the time.

LOL that Sonny and Jason are just chatting away while the bad guys pull out their guns on the party.

I couldn't believe that OGJason actually mentioned Aeschylus.

KM looks fantastic in that blue dress with her hair curled and back.  She should clean up more often.

Why does Ava have a hairstyle where the hair hangs over the good side of her face and it's pulled back to show her scar?  I remember when Anna first appeared with her facial scar and the hair was covering the scar, not the good side.  I hated Carly and Sam going bitchy and trying to throw her out  Ditto Dante.

22 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If Jason is Patient Six and all of this happened to him, what the hell happened to Patients One through Five? I demand to know!

Maybe it's like Seal Team Six.  I read that there were no Seal Teams one to five; they just named it Six to sound like it.

2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Patient Five was our last best hope for peace, then victory.

And then JMS turned out the lights.

• Love 2

While it grosses me out how self-centered and possessive Sonny is being about Jason's return, I did like the reveal to Jason about Robin's BFTD-ness and Sonny saying that it was an adjustment for her and it will be for Jason too.

Even being Alexis' placeholder until Julian gets back can't actually get Dr. Bensch on-screen, poor JDP.

Aurora Media sounds more like a company Lucy would own.

• Love 2

I looove that the show is including these recap scenes, allowing Jason and the audience to catch up with all these retcons. The shock for Jason in the Jake reveal was really well done, as was Sonny repeatedly saying they both needed a drink. This is what was missing with BM. It just was.

Jason literally froze and started stuttering when Sonny mentioned Robin and had to say "Robin Scorpio???" --her complete name-- to make sure this was real-life. LOLOL. Ahh, I loved it so much. And his FACE when Sonny was telling him about her life now.  I can't wait for KMc to come back.

• Love 12

Sonny last month: sitting vigil at "Jason's" hospital bed praying for his recovery. Sonny this month: screw that guy, no matter how nice he is, he isn't JASON. Is he for real? What an astounding amount of disregard for BMJason, a guy who has undeniably saved Sonny, Carly, and Sam multiple times over the past few years. He's done nothing wrong, Sonny admitted as much, but because he's not the perfect devoted disciple Sonny craves he gets zero loyalty from Sonny. I don't expect better from Sonny but I still find his reaction galling, especially when he insisted Sam probably didn't connect to BMJason the way she did OGJason. Who is the fuck is he to speak to Sam's feelings? She and BMJason are married and share a child, those aren't links that can be ignored. Just because Sonny's ready to switch allegiance from one man to the other doesn't mean Sam will do the same.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

At least they didn't name it Phoenix/Dragon Media

Or dog forbid, JaSam Media or Morgan Media which is where I thought they were going with that.  

41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hated Carly and Sam going bitchy and trying to throw her out  Ditto Dante.

I LOVE Ava and hate Carly but I sort of kind of understand her position.  Sam and Dante however, can shove it.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

We have no idea what Custer and Abraxas are doing.

Ok, you win the internet of the day with the name Abraxas!!    Custer is filling out college applications which is why we never see him.  

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

At least they didn't name it Phoenix/Dragon Media.

2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Or dog forbid, JaSam Media or Morgan Media which is where I thought they were going with that.  

I LOVE Ava and hate Carly but I sort of kind of understand her position.  Sam and Dante however, can shove it.  

I was sure it was either going to be related to Morgan or called something stupid like SamSon media.

36 minutes ago, seasons said:

Griffin to Ava, regarding the Jason situation: "We should go to the police."

Aw, bless your heart, Father.

I am so loving these two.  Which means, inevitably, they will be ruined because I can not have nice things.

• Love 3

"Her loyalty is unquestionable, but her judgment sucks." Nice, Sonny. He's not wrong, but sheesh, way to slag his wife. And as a way to reassure OG Jason, to boot!

Just now, HeatLifer said:

I looove that the show is including these recap scenes, allowing Jason and the audience to catch up with all these retcons. The shock for Jason in the Jake reveal was really well done, as was Sonny repeatedly saying they both needed a drink. This is what was missing with BM. It just was.

Jason literally froze and started stuttering when Sonny mentioned Robin and had to say "Robin Scorpio???" --her complete name-- to make sure this was real-life. LOLOL. Ahh, I loved it so much. And his FACE when Sonny was telling him about her life now.  I can't wait for KMc to come back.

I know. SBu is knocking it out of the park, which isn't something I thought I'd ever write about his acting. I still think MB isn't getting Sonny's tone right, though.

I wonder when OG Jason will find out Danny is his son. I'd have thought Sonny might have mentioned it when he was talking about Jake.

Someone put decent effort into the Aurora Media logo. 

At last, Michael and Nelle break up. I have no confidence it will last, but at least I don't have to listen to the same fight over and over.

24 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sonny last month: sitting vigil at "Jason's" hospital bed praying for his recovery. Sonny this month: screw that guy, no matter how nice he is, he isn't JASON. Is he for real? What an astounding amount of disregard for BMJason, a guy who has undeniably saved Sonny, Carly, and Sam multiple times over the past few years. He's done nothing wrong, Sonny admitted as much, but because he's not the perfect devoted disciple Sonny craves he gets zero loyalty from Sonny.

It's very Sonny. He expects complete loyalty but never returns it. And it's always all about him. Can't dedicate your life to Sonny and Sonny alone? GTFO!

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At last, Michael and Nelle break up.

I had to laugh at Nelle's utter shock that Michael was having the audacity to break up with her.  Girl, you've been lying since you' walked into town and he should have dumped your asss eleventy eleven lies ago.  Close your mouth and better luck finding your next mark.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I had to laugh at Nelle's utter shock that Michael was having the audacity to break up with her.  Girl, you've been lying since you' walked into town and he should have dumped your asss eleventy eleven lies ago. 

I know. Michael was really generous with how long he put up with her lies in the first place. And she lied about a lot of dumb stuff she didn't need to lie about, like the ring and the B'way tickets.

1 minute ago, LillyB said:

I expect Nelle to turn up preggo any minute.

Here's hoping if this happens it's another Pillowena. Though it would be fun to watch Carly go apoplectic.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. Michael was really generous with how long he put up with her lies in the first place.

And, here, he still was pretty adamant about thinking she didn't kill her fiancé, which...

So do we think Nelle is heading towards an exit? 

21 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Well sure, that's what everyone wants.  Not Nikolas but that.  

Or Serena.  Or Lucas (who?) more than twice a year.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. SBu is knocking it out of the park, which isn't something I thought I'd ever write about his acting. I still think MB isn't getting Sonny's tone right, though

I think sometimes MB has this angry tone that is unnecessary for scenes, but I think he looks emotional and overwhelmed, which fits in this scenario. 

SBu is hitting ALL the damn beats and I'm here for it. His quick smile when he heard about Noah Robert. I'm gonna need to see reactions to the Liz lie, Nik, Scout, Franco, pls.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I still think MB isn't getting Sonny's tone right

This for sure!  I did laugh when he was saying that notJason wouldn't do the things for him and Carly because he is not real Jason.  I substituted the word robot.

I can't wait to see Carly, who begged and prodded notJason to be her best buddy and lifelong pal, to push him aside and step over him to get to realJason.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, I think so. I wonder if they'll pair Michael with Kiki again.

She's already jumped to him from his brother, jumping to him from his cousin would be a snap!

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm gonna need to see reactions to the Liz lie, Nik, Scout, Franco, pls.

The masochistic side of me wanted to see Jason be all, "What, did AJ come back from the dead too?", just to see what kind of derp face MB would make as Sonny spun it.

I also just realized that Jason doesn't know Edward died.  Sob!

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The masochistic side of me wanted to see Jason be all, "What, did AJ come back from the dead too?", just to see what kind of derp face MB would make as Sonny spun it.

LMAOOOOOOO. "See what had happened was...."

• Love 6

Did I miss the scene where Sonny told Jason that Robin is alive?  I can't remember if I watched yesterday ( haha) and I fell asleep during todays show.

Oh can't wait to see when Jason finds out that Liz is with Franco and around Jake on a daily basis.  Although are they setting it up that Franco will be the one that explains the missing twin thing therefore the hero.

Is Nelle going to go full on evil now?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Oh can't wait to see when Jason finds out that Liz is with Franco and around Jake on a daily basis.

Didn't he see Franco being all schmoopy with Liz and Jake that day he saw Jake?

Edited by TeeVee329
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, I think so. I wonder if they'll pair Michael with Kiki again.

But, but, but, Kiki is still dating Dillon.  And being sexually harrassed by Dr. Bench.  And being all passive aggressive, I love you, I hate you towards Ava.  Her plate is full.  

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't he see Franco being all schmoopy with Liz and Jake that day he saw Jake?

No.  Jason was with them, then Six ran off when Jake told Jason about him.   Franco showed up a little later.  Though I think LIz and Jason were talking about Franco at one point while Six was listening.  

17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Eh, JaSix is so far up Sonny's butt (I would never dump you and buy a media company with my wife), that I'm sure he'd be fine with Sonny killing his brother.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

No.  Jason was with them, then Six ran off when Jake told Jason about him.   Franco showed up a little later.  Though I think LIz and Jason were talking about Franco at one point while Six was listening.  

Eh, JaSix is so far up Sonny's butt (I would never dump you and buy a media company with my wife), that I'm sure he'd be fine with Sonny killing his brother.  

Ah, okay, that's right, Jason was gone by the time Franco showed up.  Ugh, as I've said before, I'm not looking forward to having to hear yet again how Franco has changed, he had a brain tumor, there were DVD's, blah blah BLAH.

And yeah, I know Jason wouldn't care about Sonny killing AJ, that's why I said it was my masochistic side that wanted to see that scene lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1