Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So sick of Sam and Jason 2.0 glued together kissing and running off to the bedroom. They just got back from a hot time in the big Apple, and yet when she went upstairs to find the permission slip for her child's camp he followed her and they ended up in bed again, the permission slip forgotten.

Interesting how they've toned Curtis's Auntie's disapproval and dirty looks down, and her first social worker case is a brilliant success that she's smug about. The actress deserves a better role than she had, but personally I have whiplash from the sudden change in her personality. I hate how hot grownups Curtis and Jordan turn into naughty children who need baths and a nap when Auntie's around to judge them. 

Oh Liz I hope you get another crack at Jason 2.0 and Franco is thrown out of Port Charles on his backside, permanently, as a fraud and criminal.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Interesting how they've toned Curtis's Auntie's disapproval and dirty looks down,

I disagree. Vehemently. Stella sneers at Jordan every time she sees her, and she always makes a point to say something passive-aggressive.

Aunt Stella lost me forever when she was enthuse-y about Franco yesterday.

Previews...Felicia tomorrow!  Go away, Dr. Michael Easton, and let me enjoy an Anna scene again.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
On 10/16/2017 at 4:16 PM, Perkie said:

Ten bucks says he'll show up at the masquerade Halloween party and she'll talk to him all night without realizing who he really is.  Cuz that's how this show rolls.  

Yup, and I assume Danny will appear at least briefly by Mommy's side while masked Jason is face-to-face with Sam.  Remember back when SK's AJ revealed himself to Michael at Halloween, and Robin was in costume at a Halloween party when she first came face-to-face with Patrick and Emma after being "dead.".TPTB on this show can't resist plot point recycling.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Interesting how they've toned Curtis's Auntie's disapproval and dirty looks down,

I disagree. Vehemently. Stella sneers at Jordan every time she sees her, and she always makes a point to say something passive-aggressive.

I said she's toned it down, not become sweet and angelic. I think she had a hint of respect for Jordan today (or at least did a mental double-take) when she found out they had helped the same client (when Jordan accompanied another officer on a visit to a troubled dementia patient). At least she's not screaming and pointing an aggressive finger at Jordan in a public place, blistering Jordan with her fury. 

Regarding the sudden media acquisition made by Sam and Jason 2.0: a media empire would most likely include at least one TV station and/or radio broadcasting business. I'm pretty sure the FCC would have to research and approve such a sale and acquisition. That would take some time to do, and surely a new license would be needed for the new owners. Yet they bought it as casually as if they had gone grocery shopping. Seems to me that the writers were really lazy in their research and also drastically telescoped the needed time and effort.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And on the flip side, why wouldn't Jason go find Carly or Michael or, hell, HIS MOTHER MONICA instead of going home with a strange lady?  I know the answer is soaps, but he could have overheard what he did about the other Jason Morgan another way.

Oh good. Then I wasn't the only person watching yelling "Go see your poor mother!", everytime Jason was yapping.

I guess I should be thankful that Michael didn't demand that Monica and Tracy allow a plaque for Morgun at the Q mausoleum this last year. What, no room? Just take down the AJ guy's fat loser plaque. I don't get the tombstone for a guy whose body hasn't been found. Why not a memorial statue?  Much more dramatic and ostentatious, so it would be in Sonny's and Carly's style.

AND it will be fun to see if Jake is scared of OG!Jason. Wasn't he terrified of Liz's old Jason pictures? Which led us to the joy of Jason/Franco spend the weekend playing rough, on Cassadine Island? And Jake almost blowing up PC? Due to the uber lame chimera crap out? THIS IS WHAT THE CHIMERA CRAP SHOULD'VE BEEN ABOUT! Susan Moore having twins. After Jason's Tru Wuv with Sam, just have Helena have tracked down his twin. Kidnap him, brainwash him into thinking his was Jason, use him to help control Robin and then release him on Sam to shred her heart to pieces. Makes more sense than this crap right now.

• Love 4

I super don't care about the characters, but Jason having to listen to Sam enthuse about her "new guy", not realizing that she thinks JaDrew is him, was actually pretty good soap.

Agreed. I'm sure it will start sucking eventually, because I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, but so far I'm loving OGJason's return to Port Charles, and I hated both versions of JaSam. Usually when an actor returns to a role he's been away from for a while, he (she) gets a honeymoon with me. There is something comforting about familiarity, and it's fresh to the actor again so he's trying a little more. Burton is doing well with the reacting, and I really have liked him opposite new characters OGJason did not know.   

And does Father Gopher know about his affair with a married parishioner?  This isn't Griffin's first time at this particular rodeo.

He knew about it. They talked about it in a prior scene. He even recalled it so well that he could summon Claudette by name (referred to her as Mrs. Whatever). He said he had assumed that that was an isolated thing that was behind Griffin.  

I was confused through those scenes because I couldn't tell if Jason thought this was simply Sam's new man, or if he knew this was his imposter.  I notice she never called imposter "Jason".

As someone above said, he didn't know that Billy Miller was more than just some new guy she had found in the last five years.  That was what made it good writing to me. There wasn't yet a level of "How can this guy be living my life?"... any more than there was, in that when OGJason "died," they were married and living in the same place and acting the same way. He happened to eavesdrop on just about the sappiest conversation they've ever had (with a lot of stiff competition)...I loved that. And I think OGJason got a good look at Billy Miller, so it's a double-whammy in that she went for the same type. Of course. Almost like she was a soap producer doing a recast.  

I'm one of the few here who haven't hated Stella through and through, but I think she could be a good supporting character in this new role as social worker at the hospital. She just needed some purpose other than being all anti-Jordan, all the time, if the character was going to survive past a short visit. We aren't seeing Epiphany as much these days, and I'm fine with Stella being the new stern maternal hospital presence. Vernee Watson-Johnson has a great smile and laugh and is a total pro, and in the bits of the role when she hasn't been screaming at someone, she's done a really nice job (with TJ, with Liz, with Valerie, sometimes with Curtis). I mean, she does a nice job with all of it, but one-note characters are no fun.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

I thought the last scene, where Jason hears Ava say that "Jason Morgan" bought DW Media, was a good, solid scene.  And I continue to like the two of them together.  Maybe it's just nice to see Ava have scenes where someone isn't yelling at her.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

It would be nice if OGJason actually cared that AJ was murdered, even if it's only because it upset Michael

Someone would have to explain how AJ came BFTD first, heh.

I also really want someone to tell him about Carly fucking Franco.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

It would be nice if OGJason actually cared that AJ was murdered, even if it's only because it upset Michael

Michael wasn’t so upset that he cut Sonny out of his life. Murdering my bio dad is a dealbreaker for me, or maybe I ask too much.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought the last scene, where Jason hears Ava say that "Jason Morgan" bought DW Media, was a good, solid scene. 

That was good soap. SBu’s “Wait, what?!” expression was very funny.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

she went upstairs to find the permission slip for her child's camp

I like that Sam at least ran out on Sonny/Carly after inviting them to the Metro Court.  "Hey, come to lunch (dinner?) with us.  Hi.  Gotta go."  That was so awkward and clunky, I'm surprised Sam didn't shout "squirrel" before she ran out.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I also really want someone to tell him about Carly fucking Franco.

You know Carly will tell him it was because she was INSANE WITH GRIEF over his death and that Franco took advantage of her. 

Also got a chuckle out of Ava offering up Julian's clothes to Jason.  Both do/did have a fondness for tight t-shirts.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You know Carly will tell him it was because she was INSANE WITH GRIEF over his death and that Franco took advantage of her. 

Also got a chuckle out of Ava offering up Julian's clothes to Jason.  Both do/did have a fondness for tight t-shirts.

I loved hearing Ava describe the whole Jason story.  "Well, Jason was kidnapped but then he escaped.  Then he was taken again but escaped... again.  Then he was hit by a car and lost his memories and had plastic surgery so no one knew him.  Then Carly, his bestest friend ever has such an amazing connection with him that she was able to figure out who he was and interrupted his wedding to Elizabeth to tell  him. Then, he and Sam discovered that they were totally the ultimate soul mates and no one will ever love as deeply as they love each other so they are together."

Does a great job of summing up the ridiculousness that is the recent Jason story.

• Love 9

"While I'm in Port Charles I want to rekindle our partnership, in business and in bed." (viewer eye roll)

Waiting for him to say "Thanks for asking, but no." or better yet "Let me see a clean blood test and credit report, first."

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Damn it, Jason/Drew, you had one job and you couldn't even do that. Why is Nina not fired???

At this point just give her a copy of the employee handbook with a postit on the dress code page and a first warning write up

• Love 3
On 10/18/2017 at 2:44 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

We need a love button for just such a post.  Maybe this crazy broad who is into Valentine will do something about the Nina situation.

The little heart button.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I'm either going soft or the rest of the show is so terrible that this looks better by comparison, but I didn't mind Anna/Dr. Michael Easton as much today.  Them having to pretend to be a couple is classic soap and we also got Felicia looking fabulous as part of it.

The search for Oscar's dad is off to a snoozy start.  And I guess his mom is trash, given she works at Mercy.

Oh goody, more Betsy Frank said no one ever.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The search for Oscar's dad is off to a snoozy start.  And I guess his mom is trash, given she works at Mercy.

She’s a hack at least, since the people at Mercy are all butchers.

Do we know what Oscar’s mom’s name is?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we know what Oscar’s mom’s name is

Kim Nero, she's a doctor at Mercy.

I get that Carly's quite the helicopter parent, when it comes to Michael, but I actually agree with her that she and Oscar's mother should meet.  It's clear Oscar and Joss are more than friends, so meeting the kid's mom makes sense to me.  

I'm not sure what OGJason thinks will be accomplished by having Ava give Sonny the note (that he wrote in History class!).  "Hey, the other Jason isn't the real Jason, I am.  Love you".  It's just more trouble for Ava and that annoys me to no end.  

BMJason and Nina:  what the what is happening there?  He thinks she'd be the best person to help him.  Guh.

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She’s a hack at least, since the people at Mercy are all butchers.

Oscar's mom being a medical professional guarantees his father is connected to the mob and Oscar will decide that cool mobster dad rules and mom drools, ugh.

Thanks, Perkie.

I hate watching Carly helicopter-mom Joss. She and Oscar are sitting on the terrace. There’s not too much trouble they can get into out there. Gah.

Carly’s not wrong to want to meet Oscar’s mother, but she’s going about it so clumsily. Get her name, call her up and introduce yourself, and set up a meeting. It’s not hard.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yup, and I assume Danny will appear at least briefly by Mommy's side while masked Jason is face-to-face with Sam.

Speaking of OGJason's spawns...he has no idea that Jake is alive, correct?

• Love 1

Carly's helicopter parenting has amazingly made her even more obnoxious than ever before. I kind of want to gag her with some of that abundance of hair she has. She's absolutely unbearable.

Why write a letter, Jason? Showing up in the flesh would be a far more powerful move. And it's dumb that Ava knows this dude was close with Sonny and hasn't pressed for details about his identity. She knows the unsavory company Sonny keeps, she should be suspicious of what this man's intentions are.

I can't wait until Liz hears the story Betsy told Franco. It's going to be fun to count the number of back flips she does to avoid the truth that her boyfriend has been a violent miscreant since book one, chapter one.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ccphilly said:

Speaking of OGJason's spawns...he has no idea that Jake is alive, correct?

Correct.  Jake showed up alive in the middle of the Jake(son) story.  And was rescued by Lucky, the part everybody forgets, ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

. Get her name, call her up and introduce yourself, and set up a meeting. It’s not hard.

Yes, this would make sense, but then they can't create buzz about who Oscar's mom could possibly be if we already know her name.  I mean, VM/Brenda's name has been all over Twitter for days now as a possibility, but unless Oscar is a lying liar who lies, we now know that it's not super model Brenda but a doctor named Kim.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Correct.  Jake showed up alive in the middle of the Jake(son) story.  And was rescued by Lucky, the part everybody forgets, ugh.

And then promptly disappeared again. Didn't want to visit his mother, sister or brother, not to mention spend time with his son that he just RESCUED BACK FROM THE CASSADINES or his other neglected sons.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Yes, this would make sense, but then they can't create buzz about who Oscar's mom could possibly be if we already know her name. 

I thought it’s Oscar’s dad who’s supposed to be the big reveal. His mom is basically some rando.

• Love 3

so apparently the NYC subway system runs all the way to Port Charles. How convenient! The other day (Monday?) when Jason was fighting in the alley, there was a sign that said '42nd Street Bus Terminal - Port Charles station' or something like that. And it had the letters A, C and E in circles underneath. Those letters correspond to the subway that runs to the Port Authority Bus terminal in NYC.

Why are Jason's lips so pink? Is he wearing lipstick? And why did he pick up a glass from Sonny's bar and smile wistfully like it was a long-lost lover?

Speaking of Sonny, he might want to upgrade his security since Jason  just waltzed into the house unnoticed...

• Love 3

This whole Jason twins storyline is going to take so many illogical twists and turns and is/will become so confusing.  Mr. Moving is already trying to figure out the how's and why's and it is hurting his brain.  I just tell him this is all happening because of Helena and her reasons are just because she can. When he gets that confused look on his face and says "Wait a second, what/why is this happening...." I just say "Helena, because she can".  That seems to be working for now.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought it’s Oscar’s dad who’s supposed to be the big reveal. His mom is basically some rando.

That's what I thought too.  Though it could turn out that she's another Betsy Frank, i.e. an adopted mother lying to him.

I mean...do we even really care?  Oscar is so blah.  And even if he was part of a family I cared about, like the Q's, the Sonny/Carly orbit already has his hooks into him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Jason hearing everything recapped was funny, but he needed to be even more WTF. Although I thought yesterday SB did a good job listening to Jasam 2.0.

Billy Miller Jason should have been like, "well I was going to let you have Crimson till you started shouting in my face."

Poor Sonny having to listen to Carly ramble on about Joss. He doesn't give a crap and I don't blame him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope Oscar’s mom isn’t lying. There’s too much of it right now.

I'm getting the sense she doesn't know about Oscar seeing Joss, and I wish she would react to that realistically.  "You're dating a mobster's stepdaughter?  Who has a bodyguard?  Oh helllllllll no!".

• Love 6

Quick question:  Does anyone here use the term lover often?  It was so weird for Meghan (can't remember her GH name) to call Anna Dr. Michael Easton's "lover".  

"You're lover is here" - A phrase I have never said, nor will ever say, in my entire life.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Quick question:  Does anyone here use the term lover often?  It was so weird for Meghan (can't remember her GH name) to call Anna Dr. Michael Easton's "lover".  

"You're lover is here" - A phrase I have never said, nor will ever say, in my entire life.

I use it as a joke when imitating Will Ferrell and Rachel Dratch during that SNL "Lovah" hot tub sketch.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It kind of sucks that OGJason never checked up on Elizabeth or Jake.  I'm not surprised, but still . . . 

OGJason doesn't even know Jake is alive (as far as we know).  But the preview for tomorrow shows him seeing at least Jake at the park.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2017 at 5:31 PM, RedheadZombie said:

It kind of sucks that OGJason never checked up on Elizabeth or Jake.  I'm not surprised, but still . . . 

He's got a lot to catch up on, it's been two days.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 12